Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 12-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #1  
katiejames

S/C/G: 265/186/165

Height: 5'6

Talking 79lbs lost 21 more to go!!

:c arrot:
I have never in my life posted about a goal I have reached on here...The past few months have been quite a journey. I am not an excellent blogger by any means. Often time people ask me how I lost all the weight and I pull them close and whisper in their ear my secret. Eating better (diet) and exercise. I do let them know that my weapon of choice is MFP and that counting calories has been key.

While I have lost all this weight, when I look in the mirror, I am still that fat girl I once was. I struggle with this and it will take some time to get through it. I am loving having the energy and feeling sexy again!

I also would like to apologize. This is for anyone who has ever tried to "help" me. Losing weight in itself is a huge battle and to be told that you are doing it wrong or that you are failing, is a hard thing to hear. I know that there have been times when I have not been exactly nice when receiving criticism. I am working on this. I am learning to be more patient. I am also learning more about MY body and what works for me will not work for everyone. All I can ever do is talk about what this journey has meant to me..I cant give advice on how to lose weight...even though I would love to. I just want to be a motivate for other fat girls out there...you are not alone. You are loved and that not everyone is trying to make you quit or give up. Sometimes the truth hurts and sometimes it is hard to take feedback (even when you are looking for it). Throughout this journey, I am learning to be humbled with myself. I just want to say thank you to all of you for being a support even when I was not always nice about receiving it. You guys have been a big help to me. without all this support, I would not get where I am. Much love to everyone.
Katie
katiejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on your weight loss
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Well done! I'm new so I don't know your difficulties with criticism but the apology was beautiful. You're doing great!
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:12 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Great job on the weight loss.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations! That's an awesome accomplishment. Keep it up!!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote