Ideal Protein Diet - Beginning of a new year

View Full Version : Beginning of a new year

wuv2bloved
12-30-2012, 06:47 PM
Hi everyone, with the beginning of a new year we are going to have a lot of newbie's so I thought I would start a thread just for them to introduce themselves. Let us know where you are from, how much you would like to lose and when you are starting. Also for the oldie but goodies that have been around for a while, lets give the newbies some totals to what you have done so far with IP so that they know this is going to work for them as well.

This is going to be my second new year on IP. WELCOME to everyone, use this site as another support tool, there is a lot of information in the sticky section at the top along with recipes. Check in on the daily chat for accountability, you can also check in on the home of the 100% thread. Those of us there have been on program without any slip ups what so ever. Feel free to join in as well.

I am Lisa, I have loss 206lbs in 86 weeks with about 6 left to go. I am from Biloix Ms

nomorejellybeans
12-30-2012, 06:51 PM
OMG congratulations, and everything else. You look amazing!!! You will be my inspiration for 2013! I have got to get back to the 130s or even 140s... Thank you for your inspiration!!!

wuv2bloved
12-30-2012, 07:05 PM
OMG congratulations, and everything else. You look amazing!!! You will be my inspiration for 2013! I have got to get back to the 130s or even 140s... Thank you for your inspiration!!!

You are welcome!:hug:

1LittleStar
12-30-2012, 07:23 PM
Hi everyone,

I have been around for a couple of weeks, but haven't formally introduced myself!

I started on IP at the end of November and have lost 23lbs. I knew it would be hard to start right before the holidays, but I was up to the challenge!

I live in Ontario, Canada, in a very small town. The nearest mall is about a 4 hour drive. However, I am very lucky that the local pharmacy has IP and is providing me great support and coaching.

I have 2 daughters who are 7 and 9. One of my main goals is to be able to do more with them. I have already noticed a difference in my mobility and energy, and actually went snowshoeing with then yesterday. They both love figure skating, and hope to join them in family skate one day!

Thanks for the welcome, and I look forward to the support from this site, and to hopefully provide others with support too!

And Wuv, you are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your journey.

Lizzy63
12-30-2012, 07:29 PM
Great idea, Wuv!

Hi, all! I am Elizabeth from Illinois. I started IP in late July and lost a total of 56 pounds by Nov 26. I am currently in maintenance (phase 4). Not sure I could have done it without all of the wonderful people here. :)

Sammie12
12-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Hi everyone,

I started Nov 12th and have dropped 25 so far. Love the diet the first few days were rough but once I saw my first wi it was all worth it. The holiday was tough but taking it one step at a time. I hope to at least drop 100 pounds.

Welcome & good luck

Calisto
12-30-2012, 07:44 PM
Hi everyone, I have been around for almost 2 months now, My husband and I started November 7th and we have both lost almost 40 lbs each (next weigh in I should be at the 40 lb lost mark!) Oh and we are from Iowa!

I in total want to lose 107 lbs. Some days are better than others, especial with 4 kids and sickness going around, some days the stress wants to make me fold but I haven't yet and it's the best I have ever done losing weight.

It's so worth it!

Hgamroth
12-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Hi! My name is Holly and I started IP the last few days in April. I have lost over 60 pounds and phased off early this month. Now I am back on IP 100% because I lowered my goal weight and I want to lose the 5 I gained over Christmas. Welcome to EVERYONE! This program is truly AMAZING, the only program that has worked for me. :)

kimbow
12-30-2012, 08:03 PM
Hello everyone, this is day 4 on IP for me and it has been difficult. But finding this website is a big help. I have used some of the recipies and am looking forward to the new year and reaching my goal. I like this newest thread and appreciate your being so active in this endeavor. I weighed in at 190 and already weigh 180. My goal weight is 130. Thanks for so much.:^:

kimbow
12-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Hello everyone, this is day 4 on IP for me and it has been difficult. But finding this website is a big help. I have used some of the recipies and am looking forward to the new year and reaching my goal. I like this newest thread and appreciate your being so active in this endeavor. I weighed in at 190 and already weigh 185. My goal weight is 130. Thanks for so much.:^:

gardenhoe
12-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Hello everyone and Happy New Year!! I have been on IP since November 30 and have lost 20.3 lbs and 17.75 inches. My advice to the newbies - hang in there the first four days really suck but I promise you it does get better!

changenow13
12-30-2012, 08:24 PM
Hi everyone - glad to find this forum. I started on the diet on the 26th and it's been a little rough due to morning nausea, but I'm hanging in there. I'll look for threads on how to best deal with it. I started at 220 and this morning my scale had me down to 212 (Goal is 150). I'm thrilled at the loss, but almost seems too fast. I've read a lot of posts and it doesn't seem unusual so I won't worry as I'm sure it will slow (and then I'll be bummed;) A Happy, Successful New Year to All!

kimbow
12-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Hello everyone and Happy New Year!! I have been on IP since November 30 and have lost 20.3 lbs and 17.75 inches. My advice to the newbies - hang in there the first four days really suck but I promise you it does get better!
Thanks, I needed that!

greeniris
12-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Hello & Welcome! My name is Cindy and I started IP on May 25th, and have lost 55 lbs & 41 inches. The support here on 3FC was instrumental in my achieving my goal! I recently moved to Phase 4 (maintenance), but probably should have waited to do so after Christmas. Like Holly, I'm back to P1 for a week or so to lose the few lbs I gained back.

Hang tough through the first few days, and you will be amazed at your first WI!

evepet
12-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Hi everyone. My name is Faye, and I've recently started Maintenance after having lost 53 lbs. I've been dieting using the IP protocol, but using alternative products, since late March. I'll be 62 in February, and my weight loss was definitely slower than some, but I'm thrilled that I got to my goal and am now following the maintenance protocol. I have to give a shout out to everyone here at 3Fatchicks.com... I seriously don't think I'd have met my goal without the support and reinforcement available through this site. Coming here daily definitely helped me stay motivated and focused.

scorbett1103
12-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Happy New Year, and new you! :)

I started IP proper at the end of July 2012 (switched to alternatives 10 weeks in), and I'm going into the new year 60lbs lighter, looking towards maintenance and the rest of my life! This site is invaluable for the information, but even more so for the amazing men and women that inspire, encourage, dish out the tough love, and cheer you on!

My one piece of advice to new folks - do NOT let yourself be talked into falling off plan just because of an event that involves food. I got through Thanskgiving, my 20th High School Reunion, Christmas (lost 3.4lbs that week!) and countless trips to restaurants and dinners at other homes - all without ever going off plan. And I'm nothing special! If I can do it, anyone can!!

smc3090
12-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Hi everyone,

I am Shannon and I am starting IP on Jan 3. (App. is on Jan 2) I am nervous as well as very excited. I am 22 years old and I am from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. (Canada) It will be a new journey for me and I know I can do this. My weight before Christmas holidays was 265.. but that has probably changed! I know I will have about 100 lbs to lose but I will just take it one day at a time. You all are very inspirational! Good luck to everyone in the new year! :)

Grly
12-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Hi everyone! I just started IP on Dec 28 and so far so good! I have been lurking for a few days here and you are all great inspiration. My mother-in-law has been on IP since October and has lost nearly 40 pounds. Her sister has been on IP a bit longer and has also lost a huge amount of weight. After seeing them this Christmas I was convinced to begin my IP journey.

2 years ago I started Weight Watchers at 195 pounds and lost almost 40 pounds. Over the last year I started to be a little too relaxed with my eating habits and I have managed to gain back 25+ pounds. Ugh!

So here I am on day 3 and feeling pretty motivated! Can't wait to get to know everyone here and hopefully share my own weight loss story!

AAAMom
12-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Hi everyone - glad to find this forum. I started on the diet on the 26th and it's been a little rough due to morning nausea, but I'm hanging in there. I'll look for threads on how to best deal with it. I started at 220 and this morning my scale had me down to 212 (Goal is 150). I'm thrilled at the loss, but almost seems too fast. I've read a lot of posts and it doesn't seem unusual so I won't worry as I'm sure it will slow (and then I'll be bummed;) A Happy, Successful New Year to All!

I'm new too but saw your post about nausea, it may be the multi vitamin. Make sure you eat food with it and if it still persists try switching it to nighttime.

AAAMom
12-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Hi everyone,
I just started on the 26th. I'm having a bit of hunger, but I keep drinking my water. I know I want to lose about 25-35, not real sure. I've been having a hard time losing this past year due to peri-menopause.
It's wonderful to hear all the wonderful success stories and also the stumbles (which keeps it real). I'm from Mass.

exactor
12-30-2012, 09:42 PM
Hi everyone,

I started IP on July 20 and have lost 60 pounds. This is the first diet that has worked for me in the last 14 years! And I had tried every diet out there, short of gastric bypass. So if you're older like me (I'm 51) and/or have hypothyroidism, you should be able to see good results with IP.

I never had the bad symptoms at the beginning that some people have talked about like headaches or dizziness. The worst thing for me was that I was really hungry the first week as I had to get used to eating way less than I was used to. My coach told me that if I was hungry I could just have a fourth packet for the day. Once I got past the first week, the hunger went away and I have found this so easy to stick to. Seeing great results on the scale is what has kept me motivated. It does take a lot of commitment to plan your meals, and at first for me especially getting all your veggies in. I was NOT a veggie eater before so that was big change but I read through all of the great recipe threads here and have come up with so many different ways to eat veggies and to also try new ones that I had never eaten before. Now I actually look forward to my veggies each day and some days I wish I could have more!

Good luck if you are just starting out! Come to this board often to get great tips, advice and motivation!

nostatin
12-30-2012, 09:44 PM
Hi!

I am on day 4 and so far so good. I am 59 and my goal is to lose 35 pounds, and even more importantly, avoid starting on a statin to control my cholesterol counts (my doctor seemed to think losing this weight might lower my count).

I waited until my daughter and her boyfriend returned back to NJ to start the diet. She thinks the diet is a bit drastic and that I could lose the weight by watching what I eat more but my husband who lost 30 pounds the HMR program last year is encouraging me to try IP. My doctor also said eating healthy at the dinner meal might benefit my husband as well. IP would not work for him as he is not a vegetable eater.

I live in Baton Rouge.

I am curious about how long y'all think it will take to get to phase 2.

Also, do you know whether it is ok to switch the dinner meal of meat and veggies to lunch time and do an IP packet for dinner?

I am glad I found this website. I have learned a lot already, and the support is great!

Thanks.

1LittleStar
12-30-2012, 10:23 PM
Also, do you know whether it is ok to switch the dinner meal of meat and veggies to lunch time and do an IP packet for dinner?

I believe there is no problem switching the dinner meal to lunch time. Sometimes I also split the protein amount between the two meals (e.g. 3-4oz of chicken at lunch and 3-4oz steak at dinner.

mompattie
12-30-2012, 10:49 PM
Happy New Year, and new you! :)

I started IP proper at the end of July 2012 (switched to alternatives 10 weeks in), and I'm going into the new year 60lbs lighter, looking towards maintenance and the rest of my life! This site is invaluable for the information, but even more so for the amazing men and women that inspire, encourage, dish out the tough love, and cheer you on!

My one piece of advice to new folks - do NOT let yourself be talked into falling off plan just because of an event that involves food. I got through Thanskgiving, my 20th High School Reunion, Christmas (lost 3.4lbs that week!) and countless trips to restaurants and dinners at other homes - all without ever going off plan. And I'm nothing special! If I can do it, anyone can!!

I vehemently disagree!! YOU ARE INDEED SOMETHING SPECIAL !!!! Very special!!! :hug::hug:

I'm Pattie. I started IP May 8/12 and have lost 85 lbs (20 lbs lost before I started IP but I include them, they count too! LOL!). I took a week off for Christmas as mentally and physically I needed a break, but I've hopped right back on P1!!!

IP is easy. The hard part and the work is all in your head! Don't eat for stress or emotions. Feed your body fuel and learn to feed your soul something else other than food! YOU GOT THIS!!!!

sweetpea2011
12-30-2012, 10:55 PM
Hi! I did IP about 2 years ago and hit my goal and lost 20 lbs.... BUT, without phasing off, I left on a week long trip to Mexico and just couldn't get back on the wagon! Now I am trying again! This time I have a little more to lose (30lbs) but I know I can do it!!

Today was my first day and I think I did okay... stayed with it 100%. New Years Eve will be hard but I just figured there was no sense in waiting until after New Years because I will always be finding some excuse to wait... may as well jump in and just start!! Wish me luck!!

alliesarang
12-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Hi Everyone!

My name is Allison, I'm 27 years old and I'm hoping to begin IP in the next couple weeks. I recently visited my family on the west coast and my grandmother shared her experience on the program with me. She was dangerously obese and has lost 50lbs in about 3 months. It was a great inspiration to me and thus I'm going to give the program a shot.

I am about 215 lbs (I went from 160 to 215 in 2011 and have been hovering there for the past year) I would very much like to get back to 160 and then hopefully down to 130 after that!

On another note, if ANYBODY has any suggestion as to where to go in the Philadelphia area for the program I would greatly appreciate it. I'm having the toughest time finding a center!

Here's the the New Year! 2013 is going to be amazing!

KitKat169
12-31-2012, 12:36 AM
Hi everyone, with the beginning of a new year we are going to have a lot of newbie's so I thought I would start a thread just for them to introduce themselves. Let us know where you are from, how much you would like to lose and when you are starting. Also for the oldie but goodies that have been around for a while, lets give the newbies some totals to what you have done so far with IP so that they know this is going to work for them as well.

This is going to be my second new year on IP. WELCOME to everyone, use this site as another support tool, there is a lot of information in the sticky section at the top along with recipes. Check in on the daily chat for accountability, you can also check in on the home of the 100% thread. Those of us there have been on program without any slip ups what so ever. Feel free to join in as well.

I am Lisa, I have loss 206lbs in 86 weeks with about 6 left to go. I am from Biloix Ms

Great thread Wuv! thanks.

Hi everyone,

I have been around for a couple of weeks, but haven't formally introduced myself!

I started on IP at the end of November and have lost 23lbs. I knew it would be hard to start right before the holidays, but I was up to the challenge!

I live in Ontario, Canada, in a very small town. The nearest mall is about a 4 hour drive. However, I am very lucky that the local pharmacy has IP and is providing me great support and coaching.

I have 2 daughters who are 7 and 9. One of my main goals is to be able to do more with them. I have already noticed a difference in my mobility and energy, and actually went snowshoeing with then yesterday. They both love figure skating, and hope to join them in family skate one day!

Thanks for the welcome, and I look forward to the support from this site, and to hopefully provide others with support too!

And Wuv, you are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your journey.

My first thought on reading your post was that you'll have a long drive to find all the new clothes you'll need to buy after losing weight on IP.

My name is Kim and I've been on IP since mid-January 2012 except for a few weeks phase off for a vacation in the fall. I've lost 97.5lbs to date and have another 8-18 to go. My first target is 179 but if I feel okay about it then I may go all the way to my original goal of 169. I have a lot of leftover skin to deal with so I need to account for that in my final weight.

Halfagain
12-31-2012, 01:26 AM
I'm Barb. I've have lost 107 lbs since the end of June 2012. I am using alternative products (not IP branded) except for potassium tablets.

bubbleblower
12-31-2012, 06:48 AM
I started on December 6 and have lost about 10 pounds so far. I wanted to get started ahead of the holidays and be where I wanted to be early in the year. So far it's working. :) I've made it through a 5 day out of town trip early in the program, and have been in the Caribbean since December 22 and made it through Christmas with the family and lots of restaurant meals on IP. Once I get through dinner tonight and a party our neighbors are having I figure I'll be home free! :lol:

I'm very glad to have found this board and all the great, supportive folks here!! (And, needless to say, I'm *very* glad to have found out about IP! No other diet was working for me for years!)

Starshine
12-31-2012, 08:07 AM
Welcome to all the new people! And what great inspiration all of the people who are using this diet are! :)

I started this diet in August of 2012, and I've lost almost 80 pounds so far. I really love this diet. I'm a Vegetarian, so it was tough going at first because of the protein choices, but I'm so glad I'm doing IP. I never thought I'd see myself putting on size 10 Levi's again, but I did that this weekend (still tight, but I could zip and button them). I was a tight 22 plus size in August and now my 12's are getting loose.

I am a serious carb/sugar addict, and this diet has corrected that in me. Although I still crave the sweets when I see them, it's easily controlled. Even after just a week or two, my carb cravings were gone; my mind was cleared, and mentally and physically I just felt so much better.

I feel like myself again, and IP is responsible for that. And thanks so much to this forum. I do this diet without a coach, and this forum has taught me everything I need to know about the diet, and the support here is tremendous.

And I love that there is a maintenance plan for this diet. This diet has a road map to eating well for the rest of our lives, and that is just a god-send.

ShanCo
12-31-2012, 08:15 AM
Hi! I'm a "try again" newbie. I started IP January 2011 and in 6 weeks had lost 40lbs and felt so good that I decided to quit and do it on my own...nope. So 3 weeks ago I started again with those 40lbs back on plus an additional 10 or so. Tomorrow is 3 weeks and I'm down 20 pounds! I know I can get it off for good this time and I am confident that I have chosen a goal weight that is both attainable and maintainable forever! I love reading about the successes in loss and the successes in maintenance on 3FC!

kileymed13
12-31-2012, 08:47 AM
Hello!! I started IP in early October and have lost 37 pounds so far. The first 3 days were a little difficult (hungry, headache) but it all worked out. I have felt great since then. This is the first time I have been able to go to parties and not even be tempted to sample a little of everything.

I came off IP for Xmas eve and Xmas and truthfully I felt really lousy. I happily jumped right back on board on the 26th and feel good again. I love the support and advice offered on this site, I visit at least once a day (tend to lurk and not post too much). I have started combining IP with alternatives for the past month or so and have had no impact in my losses.

Welcome to everyone starting new or rejoining us! Ask questions, read often and learn from people who truly understand what you are going through.

sahmmommy2
12-31-2012, 09:08 AM
Welcome to all the newbies.

My name is Mandy, and I'm in Illinois. I started on October 1st of 2012 and have lost 46 pounds in 3 months! The first four days of the diet were terrible (carb withdrawal), but after that it has been smooth sailing. I use all alternative (non-IP) products other than the potassium supplements. I've never been to a clinic and am doing this with the wonderful support I found here.

My best piece of advice is to not compare your losses to others. We all lose the weight differently.

Missdee18
12-31-2012, 09:58 AM
Hi. I am Dee from Laplace, LA. I started IP in late June ‘12 and have lost 54#, 7 before IP. Weight loss has been a little slower for me than some, but this is the only diet I have lost consistently. I have hypothyroidism and have no thyroids, just take medicine for the hormones. 3FC site has been a life saver. Everyone contributes great ideas, recipes and inspiration. No one is alone in this journey. Looking forward to reaching goal in 2013.

1LittleStar
12-31-2012, 10:04 AM
My first thought on reading your post was that you'll have a long drive to find all the new clothes you'll need to buy after losing weight on IP.

Haha! So true. I am skilled at shopping online! However, I have usually been ordering the biggest size available at most plus sized stores, so I may have to make a special trip to actually try some clothes on in a few months.

Your weight loss is amazing, by the way! So inspirational. Yo are so close to 100 lbs lost. I imagine that's going to be a big celebration! Any plans?

tobehealthy
12-31-2012, 10:19 AM
Hi all! I'm Jessica and I mostly lurk. I started on 9/22/2012, and I've lost 44 pounds. I live in sunny south Florida, and it sure is nice to be more comfortable wearing less clothing! My advice is to make sure that you try different food items until you find what you can stand. Not everything is going to be tasty, but food is fuel!

maezy1
12-31-2012, 10:31 AM
Welcome to all the new people!!! This is a great site and will give you encouragement whenever you need it! IP has been amazing for me. I am learning so much about me and how IP isn't a diet but a lifelong lesson on how to eat correctly. I started dieting in mid sept and lave lost 50lbs which was my goal by the end of 2012. Lots of recipes in the threads that have saved me when i get bored and have learned to try many new veggies!
I have moved to alternative products because IP was killing my budget. Again, a bunch of threads on alternative products!!!!
BTW - WUV, SCORBETT and HALFAGAIN are inspirational!!!

mom2hi
12-31-2012, 10:37 AM
Happy New Year and happy new you to all the newbies! I'm Leona fron Montana. I started IP in June. I have lost 27 lbs and have 65to to go. I have had lots of weeks with low or no loss, but I believe in this program. For the first time I can actually see myself reaching goal.

Best of luck to everyone just starting, and to those of you continuing from last year...may we all be successful this year!

rofl306
12-31-2012, 10:41 AM
Welcome all the new IPeeps and all the reboots!

I have been on IP since the last week of July 2012 and have lost over 50lbs. I started the week before my school reunion. So I have followed the program through all types of get togethers big and small. This includes friends birthdays, BBQ's, anniversaries, formal parties etc. This program can very easily fit in to any occasion. You just have to accept the fact that you can[t eat everything; that is important to know during and after, because the before is what brought us here. YOU can do this!

Best wishes and stay in touch for mutual support!

lisa32989
12-31-2012, 11:07 AM
:wave:
Hi everyone! I'm Lisa from St Louis.
I've been on IP since the first week in August and (I think) I've lost 55 lbs.
I'm on vacation in FL and I can't WI til I get home so no ticker changes til then (the scale here said I gained SIX lbs so it isn't calibrated anywhere NEAR the scale at my clinic -- nothing to stress over...I've been OP...learning delayed gratification by being on a long-term weight loss plan anyway)

I'm another "been overweight or obese my entire adult life"
Even when I wasn't fat (early teens), I thought I was (self-fulfilling prophecy)

In 2002-03, I lost 100 lbs on Atkins but never got to goal (took a "break" to "maintain for a while"-ha!). Now, 10 years later, with an 85 lb re-gain, I'm back doing it again. IP is easier for me than Atkins (limits choices) but I know the inner carb addict is only on hiatus while I'm in ketosis and I'll still have to deal with learning to maintain, after I reach goal.

One step at a time.

I chose IP b/c I thought I needed the structure and the maintenance support. I never paid one-lick of attention to the Atkins maintenance plan, I just used stretches of "induction" to help maintain/control my weight for a while. True maintenance will be learning to eat within the boundaries my body can handle, without having to return to a diet plan all the time. This will be a lifetime issue for me but it is one I'm ready to tackle!

I don't have a weight-loss "resolution" for the upcoming year, but I DO have some organizational issues I need to get under control at my house. Getting to goal and maintaining thru the rest of the year and tackling the boxes of stuff that need to be tackled are my focuses for 2013.

And, although I won't be at goal yet, I'll be a whole lot "fabulouser" at 50 in March than I was at 49 last March!

Welcome to all the newcomers,
:newyear:
And know I couldn't have gotten this far w/o the support of 3FC-IP
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8071/8330492015_e6d3e95273_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/17882544@N02/8330492015/)

joysh
12-31-2012, 12:56 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

My name is Sharon and I started IP on June 14. I currently live in Louisiana. At my last Weigh-In almost 3 weeks ago, I had lost 57 pounds. I'm sure at least another 3 have come off so that I can claim 60 pounds gone! My weight loss has been slow (for this program) but very steady. I feel great!

I, too, have been overweight my entire life and am happy to say that I am no longer overweight! This diet is wonderful - and I love the IP food. I've been 100% on IP products, but will probably add alternatives to my maintenance program. I plan to phase off properly and maintain this new weight.

Welcome! You'll be glad you made this choice! The forum has been a wonderful support 24/7. It's a great motivation to network with people who are going through the same challenges and successes on this journey!

Bet of luck to all the newbies! Check in often!

Kay2012
12-31-2012, 01:45 PM
My name is Kay and I live in Hattiesburg, MS. I started IP Sept. 13, 2012. I have been 100% since I started and as of today have lost 41 lbs. I am half way to goal. This is going to be an awesome new year.

Lynnie63
12-31-2012, 01:55 PM
My name is Lynn and I live in Manchester, Conn.

I started on April 4th and have lost 94 pounds so far.

When I turned 49 in January I told myself that I would not enter my 50's like I spent my 40's. It took me a few months to do something about it and am so glad that I found this program! I will be celebrating my 50th birthday on Sunday at least 94 pounds lighter - and much healthier - than my 49th!

I will be phasing off for my vacation in February and will be back on program the day we get back to finish. Hopefully I will get to 100# before we go!

There will always be a holiday, birthday or another reason to not stay on program. I started a few days before Easter, and brought my own meat. On this program I have learned to plan - I go online and check menu's before I go to a particular restaurant, I will bring a dish that I can eat to a gathering.

Good luck to all of the newbies in here - you can do it! This site is invaluable!! There is so much knowledge, experience and compassion here.

kellycg102
12-31-2012, 02:21 PM
Everyone is so amazing here with their losses and support....newbies this site will get you thru some tough times!!!!!! This diet is amazing where you quickly see results. Easy to stick to after you get over the first 4 days. I used to hate vegetables, now I love them and will eat almost anything now. I am Kelly, live in Ontario...I lost 50lbs, started Mar 7, so it took me about 5 months to loose. Now I am back on to loose a few I have gained since August.

Welcome newbies you will do great.

4Mom
12-31-2012, 02:40 PM
Welcome IP Newbies,
My name is Tammie I started IP October 29, 2012 as of last Thursday I have lost 28 lbs. This program and site is absolutely amazing!!!

Suchawittygal
12-31-2012, 02:42 PM
Hello! My name is Cheryl and I started IP October 12th.I've lost a little over 20# thus far. I lose a bit slower than others, but it's pretty consistent, so I'm happy with my progress thus far.

Good luck everyone starting in January 2013 and to those of you who are currently working the program! This is a wonderful, supportive group of folks here and they really help me every day to stay OP! Thank you!!:D

changenow13
12-31-2012, 03:29 PM
I'm new too but saw your post about nausea, it may be the multi vitamin. Make sure you eat food with it and if it still persists try switching it to nighttime.

Thanks for tip - I was eating with food, but maybe taking it too early. I will try after breakfast and then try night if that doesn't work.

SassyGirl424
12-31-2012, 03:35 PM
Hello! My name is Cheryl and I started IP October 12th.I've lost a little over 20# thus far. I lose a bit slower than others, but it's pretty consistent, so I'm happy with my progress thus far.

Hi - I'm Marie from PA and my stats are close to Cheryl's - I started IP on Oct. 13th and in 10 weeks, lost 20 lbs. Also slow but also consistent - no gains, so I've been happy with it.

I've been off for a couple weeks, for the holidays, but will be getting right back in to P1 this weekend. I actually just left my coach so will be on my own with this group for support. I'll use plainprotein.com for IP purchases and Nashua Nutrition for some alternatives.

My original goal was 25 lbs, so that's only 5 more to go. I may drop my goal lower when I get there, depending on how I'm feeling.

pocahontas812
12-31-2012, 03:47 PM
Hi there! My name is Tracy and I started IP late October and have lost just shy of 30 lbs. My coach is helpful, but this forum is where I come for the real support and encouragement! I use the IP products, but have just started to try some alternatives for a little variety. Variety is really important on this diet....it's easy to eat the same thing day after day because you know it's OP, but if you do that you get bored and risk cheating. This forum is a great place for recipe ideas.

I have a coworker who keeps a huge bowl of snack sized candy bars on her desk. Before starting IP I was eating 3-4 a day. Since starting IP I haven't had any interest in them....their presence doesn't phase me at all! I've made it through Halloween, Thanksgiving, a high school reunion, Xmas, and a variety of family functions and managed to stay OP.

My family, friends, and coworkers all know I am doing IP and they have been super supportive (except for the candy coworker...I swear she has put out even more chocolate!). And, my weight loss has stimulated several of them to try to eat healthier and lose weight.

NinjaNurse
12-31-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm Barb. I've have lost 107 lbs since the end of June 2012. I am using alternative products (not IP branded) except for potassium tablets.

OMG you are absolutely beautiful in your new pic!!! Way to go!!!!:hug:

NinjaNurse
12-31-2012, 03:57 PM
My name is Mary. I am 50yrs old and Mother to a fabulous 4yr old little girl. I was closerthanthis to gastric bypass and using it as an excuse to eat with abandon until after the holidays. Well, after a few weeks of that all I felt was ill. I saw the amazing results on scorbett and decided if I am going to spend all that money on surgery, including time off, why don't I at least try this 1st and see where it takes me.

Well, I started the end of October and have lost 30lbs. It hasn't been easy 100% of the time, but I have gotten into a groove that I hope will continue as I continue this journey.

I am grateful to scorbett (Um, how many times have I said that>>;)) for all her help and for leading me here.

I am grateful for all the kind words and wonderful people here on 3fc!!!

blessedamberly
12-31-2012, 04:07 PM
Hi everyone! I am Amber- I am 28 and a mother to two wonderful littles that are 4 and 19 months. I started the program on August 30, 2012 and as of my weigh-in last thursday I have lost 60.5 lbs.
I have been 100% since day one and it has not been easy, but reading about how wuv has been on program as long as she has and has not cheated showed me I could do it too.

Willi
12-31-2012, 04:31 PM
Hello fellow IPers. My name is Willi and I have lost just over 40 pounds since September 7. I was a choco-holic before IP and haven't touched a chocolate bar since I started (other than my IP treats!).

For newbies, this lifestyle change is doable (I don't like to call it a diet because I will need to keep a lot of my new habits for life). The first 4-5 days might be difficult but after that it gets easier. Planning is key to doing well!

This is a very supportive group!

maezy1
12-31-2012, 04:40 PM
Lynnie HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! you are amazing with your progress!!

Shedit
12-31-2012, 05:03 PM
Hello and happy new year to all of the IP ers! I am Jan from Texas and started IP Nov 21st...I am thrilled with my consistent weight loss, my body reshaping and my overall sense of well being. The lack of cravings and clarity of my mind continue to amaze me.
I have tried gobs of diets and most years lose some weight that I nearly always regain the following 6 months (after a weight stall). This is the first time that I feel confident that I will continue to lose! I feel certain about my ability to break thru any stall after reading the miraculous stories here on the forums. So thank you to all of the "oldies" who have taken the time, patience and love to post here!
I am determined to figure out how to maintain my weight once I reach my goal. I already feel so much better thinner and I am certain this will only continue as I am able to lose more weight!
I love these forums and send a warm welcome to all of the new 2013 "newbies". In one week you will no longer be a "newbie" and begin to feel integrated into the fold if you join in on the discussions!

The participants here are both inspirational and supportive of permanent changes in our lives. Paying what you recieve forward is the social norm for your entries and you truly never can know when what you type is the exact thing that someone else needed to read. So please feel free to join in and share your journey.

Happy New Year and NEW body everyone!
Jan

tam67green
12-31-2012, 05:06 PM
Welcome to all the newbies and Happy New Year! You will find great support here, plus lots of proof that this diet WORKS! :)
My name is Tammy, and I live in Maryland. I started IP in early October and have lost 38 pounds so far. I feel so much better, physically and emotionally, and am very excited to have found this program and this site. I have about 50 more pounds to lose, and would love to accomplish that by the end of this school year (I work in the public schools).
My resolution for 2013 is to finish what I have begun with IP and add some exercise now that I'm several weeks in.

Calisto
12-31-2012, 06:05 PM
Hi everyone - glad to find this forum. I started on the diet on the 26th and it's been a little rough due to morning nausea,

I had that too due to the Multi Vitamins, I have always had problems with them and prenatals. I went the first week only taking them at night and then phased in the morning ones, it worked for me.

Good luck!

Nolawhodatchick
12-31-2012, 07:32 PM
Hi everyone! I'm Sandra, and I'm a happily married mom with an eight year old boy. I started IP on Oct. 1, 2012 and have lost 30lbs so far. So that's 13 weeks total, at an average of 2.3 lbs per week. I stick to the diet protocol pretty well, except for minor tweaks to deal with hypoglycemia, like dividing my packets into 2 portions.

I'm very grateful that I started IP in the fall, I feel like I'm 30lb ahead in my new years resolution lol! This is the most wonderful site in the world for supporting anyone on IP. Hope everyone has a prosperous, healthy, and successful 2013!

WebRover
12-31-2012, 08:16 PM
Hi everyone and welcome to everyone new.

I've been mostly a lurker here and have posted a few times in the Fifty + thread.

I'm 59 and doing this program with non-IP brand products. A co-worker used IP to get to goal and stay there a year. I also have encouragement from two other co-workers who started IP about 1-2 months before I started. Information that I read in this forum is what made me truly believe I could do this on my own.

I was thin at 119 pounds until I was 29 when I started slowly gaining weight. I tried Weight Watchers a few times. In April 2007 at my highest weight, 212.5, I found 3FC and have participated in various forums. I lost 30 pounds with WW, South Beach and a doctor's program similar to the Mediterranean & Sonoma diets. When my weight crept back up to 193, I decided to try IP without the IP products. I started September 20th. In the first month, I lost 12 pounds and was satisfied that going it alone with alternative products was working for me. At 14 weeks I've lost 27 pounds. I'm at the lowest weight I can remember for a long time.

In addition, I really believe I will lose more, although I have to pinch myself to believe how quickly & easily I've lost what I've already lost. I'm 6.5 pounds away from a normal BMI. I have enough faith in the results that I'm buying clothes for future sizes.

Once I get to my current goal 11 pounds away I'll reassess my goal.

I've been reading ahead for the future phases and really appreciate all the information and support on this forum. Thank you everyone.

byugrl
12-31-2012, 09:12 PM
Hi and welcome ! I started the program Nov 6th and lost 13lbs. so far.A little slow but it's coming along. This diet is changing my body in different ways that I don't think 103 (goal weight) is going to look good on me. Which is good because I like the way its looking so far. Good Luck to everyone on their Journey. Here's to a New Year and a New You!!!!!

GeauxTigers82
12-31-2012, 09:39 PM
I started June 1st with the hope of losing a bunch of weight for my sister's wedding October 5th. I started at 204 and weighed 156 on her wedding day just 4 months later (48 lbs in 4 month). I took a break from the wedding until 3 days ago. I gained some weight back which I expected. I am only +2 from my first ending weight, and I am hoping to lose about 35 more pounds by May. I would love to be bathing suit ready for our beach vacation in June.

I am in San Antonio, TX, but I am originally from New Orleans. I went to LSU (geaux tigers!!) and really miss my Louisiana!

Tziri
12-31-2012, 11:01 PM
Hello,

I'm new to this forum, but I started IP on November 2nd. I have lost 37lbs. so far and have about 80lbs. to go (don't have a set goal yet). The only problem with the diet I've encountered so far is with the potassium supplement. Other than that, I love this diet; it's the only one that has worked with my thyroid problem and I feel great!

Happy New Years all!

Delgen
01-01-2013, 10:13 AM
I am Cindy and live in Montana...54 years old, life time dieter! College Professor
I started IP in June of 2012 during my summer break. I was extremely nervous about it...I think because I had gone up and down since I was 13 years old. Now I wonder why I was so nervous

I love IP. It works. I lost 30 some pounds over the summer, and went into phases 2, 3 and 4 very successfully. Now I am in reboot, something I planned for the first of the year, and I have been in phase 1 for five days...my scale says I have lost 5 pounds, which is more than my very first week last June.

My advice to newbies:

Use this forum. This was the key to my success. I have made wonderful friends here, and they support me as I support them

No excuses or complaining about how hard it is. Get into the 100% forum and stay 100% no excuses. It is not hard at all, and if it is some days, well, tough. You can do hard things (dammit!)

Check out the amazing recipies. Three threads---the IP recipies, Rainbow Smiles and LizR's threads are amazing. Have fun with veggies, and make your veggies your main dish. THAT worked very well for me.

Good luck everyone, although I don't believe in luck. We make our own success, so maybe I should say success to all!

mquinn106
01-01-2013, 11:39 AM
Hi All! My name is Meg, I'm starting IP tomorrow January 2nd! Very exited for this New Year's resolution to be the one that sticks!

lisa32989
01-01-2013, 12:05 PM
No excuses or complaining about how hard it is. Get into the 100% forum and stay 100% no excuses. It is not hard at all, and if it is some days, well, tough. You can do hard things (dammit!)

THIS! :bravo: :cp: :soap:

Beck81
01-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Hi, my name is Becky and I live in Wisconsin. I started this diet in April and 8 months later I met my goal and lost over 100 lbs. My incentive was my son's wedding in September which was great to be thinner for! Six weeks into the diet my 53 year old brother had a heart attack (he's doing well) which runs in our family. So that is my motivation for keeping it off or I'll be going down the same path. I am on phase 2 right now and a little nervous for the next two phases but with the help of this forum I can do it.

I can't say enough about this forum. It has helped me more than anything. My coach is great but this is where I get my questions answered and the motivation to keep going. I don't post alot but I read it all the time. So newbies, stick with it and come here often. This was the easiest and last diet I will ever do with reboots I'm sure!

Happy New Year!

P.S. Click on my name to see my before and after.

Cadu
01-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Hi
My name is Carol, I started IP on 2/16/12, by the end of June I had lost 60 pounds. (10 pounds from my goal). Early July I had bad news and fell into a depression. I turned to food as I had in the past and I gained weight as I had in the past. I have been back OP for almost a week now and I feel better, (at least about my self control & my weight). I am going to do my best to stay OP 100%, get to goal and phase off properly. The bottom line is this plan works IF you work it.

I hear allot on this forum about no cheating, no excuses. well, in my opinion if you find yourself in a bad way and you do fall back into your old ways, please forgive yourselves and get back in the game.. It is so hard to forgive yourself and start again but it can be done. PLEASE don't let shame or guilt keep you from succeeding.... After all We are only human.

WyoGirl82
01-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Hi Everyone...and thanks for all the nice welcomes.
I started IP on 11/30 and so far am down 19 lbs. I can honestly say this is the only diet I have ever stayed on 100% through the month of December. It has me so encouraged for the rest of my journey.
I had waited years to take my whole family with us to Mexico over Thanksgiving and this year we were finally able to do it. However, I was so miserable in my own skin, it affected everything I did while we were there. I didn't want to go to the pool, the beach, the zipline etc. And I felt like everyone was looking at me the whole week! So...my sister told me about IP and how successful her friends had been on it and I started the week I got home. I've made it through a trip to Vegas, several Christmas parties and cooking for the family over the holiday. I feel like I can do this!! I come here when I need extra support. Here's to all of us making our weight loss dreams come true!!

AlisonS
01-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Hi, I'm Alison and I live in Virginia. I started IP on August 31 and I have lost 60 pounds. I have gained and lost weight many times, but this is so painless, I know I can stick with it. I have had huge health benefits from this - I used to take both short acting and long acting insulin (and a lot of it) to manage my diabetes, and now I am completely off all diabetic medication. My blood pressure medication has been reduced by 75% and the diuretic part of it gone completely. So I have to say, this diet is a real lifesaver! Good luck to you all! We can get through this together!!!

Starshine
01-01-2013, 07:45 PM
I hear allot on this forum about no cheating, no excuses. well, in my opinion if you find yourself in a bad way and you do fall back into your old ways, please forgive yourselves and get back in the game.. It is so hard to forgive yourself and start again but it can be done. PLEASE don't let shame or guilt keep you from succeeding.... After all We are only human.

This.... :) There is much talk about no cheating and staying 100% on this forum. That being said, when a person falls off, we understand that we are all human and we have all been there. Forgiving yourself and getting back on the program is what we all want for anyone who fell off. We're hard enough on ourselves as it is.

And this is one inspirational thread. :)

wuv2bloved
01-01-2013, 07:59 PM
No matter if you have fallen off of the wagon or just getting started, it doesn't matter.....YOU GETTING STARTED IS THE BEGINNING.....THAT IS THE FIRST STEP!!!.....New year.....new goals....NEW YOU....we ALL can do this!

Slimknight
01-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Hi All, I'm getting re-started on the program today. I was on from Nov. 2011 to May 2012 and lost 50 lbs. Didn't phase off properly, went back to my old habits, and have gained back 25 lbs. I am so ashamed,but back to try again.

lisa32989
01-01-2013, 08:16 PM
This.... :) There is much talk about no cheating and staying 100% on this forum. That being said, when a person falls off, we understand that we are all human and we have all been there. Forgiving yourself and getting back on the program is what we all want for anyone who fell off. We're hard enough on ourselves as it is.

And this is one inspirational thread. :)
We are DEFINITELY all hard enough on ourselves as it is.
How do you all think we all got here in the first place? Not eating right! If we could have done it right without help, we wouldn't be here at all! We "get" that we are not failures just because we sometimes fail.
A friend of mine once said, "If I fall on the ice in December, I don't wait until April when it thaws to get up. I get up, brush myself off, and move on. But I learn what to do so I won't keep falling."

brunette8706
01-01-2013, 08:17 PM
Hi All!

Brunette here! I have bought all my food items and the EAS RTD shakes at Sam's club. I'm ready to start. I think 2013 will be a good year for us. I also want to thank all the ladies on this forum! Everyone is so nice and very helpful. Some of the before and after pictures are amazing! BTW I'm from Maryland! Happy New Year everyone!

Brunette

maezy1
01-01-2013, 08:22 PM
No matter if you have fallen off of the wagon or just getting started, it doesn't matter.....YOU GETTING STARTED IS THE BEGINNING.....THAT IS THE FIRST STEP!!!.....New year.....new goals....NEW YOU....we ALL can do this!

Well said Wuv!!! we need to support and encourage each other. Of course we are going to have times when something doesn't go right but this is what this forum is all about. Supporting each other!

Starshine
01-01-2013, 09:14 PM

Exactly! :) And your new photos, oh, wow, Wuv, just oh wow. :)

Cadu
01-01-2013, 09:29 PM
I for one thank all of you ladies on the forum for helping me get back on track.

It may not have come out right in my last post but in a nutshell, the plan works IF you work it, if you dont it wont. BUT should you slip, PLEASE get right back on track because if you dont you will be right back where you started.
Just a little advise from someone whos been there. :D

chicagoboiler
01-01-2013, 09:52 PM
I am Ashley from the Chicagoland area in Illinois. I found IP Memorial Day in 2012 and it was my last resort diet to get ready for my wedding in October. By September I lost almost 50lbs and many inches! My fiance lost 50, my mom lost 50 and other family members and coworkers lost about the same amount....it was a contagious diet...BECAUSE IT WORKS!!

After marriage, my husband and I maintained for a while and then got crazy in December with parties, and too many high carb foods. We also officially booked our delayed honeymoon and it gives us incentive to get swimsuit ready and be focused again. We're back again starting tomorrow, our bodies are excited to feel better again, and we will work on maintaining better this time around.

Good Luck to everyone and this forum is priceless with helpful information on your journey.

Time2Bfit4life
01-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Hi everyone,

I started here in late November and lost 6 pounds (good for me) and realized low carb works best for me. I put 2 pounds back on over the holiday but got back on the wagon yesterday. I ordered a 4-week food plan from diet direct which should arrive soon and I'm using up the rest of my Nutrisystem items for now. NS is very good but too many carbs for me.

I've got about 15-20 pounds yet to lose...I'll be 55 this year and really need to get myself in better shape!

Thanks to everyone here for their great ideas, support and humor! To all of us in 2013!

beckyjwebb
01-02-2013, 04:37 PM
Hi,
I am starting IP again on Jan 4 and I am very excited. I lost 30 pounds in July of 2010 and now I need to do it again. My goals are to lose the 30 pounds by April 1. I am trying to get into picture perfect shape for my son's wedding in June. I am so happy to have found this forum to share my journey with all of you.

KitKat169
01-03-2013, 02:12 PM
I wrote up some 2012 thoughts for my coach as part of documenting my IP journey and successes. I thought it might be helpful to pass along some of the IP tips that I noted for all those new to the program. I'm sure there are a lot more out there.

Some IP tips:
• Stick to the program. It really does make it easier to not question or test your boundaries. Your body won’t have normal cravings, it won’t starve unless you let it. If you eat off program and go out of ketosis, then you’ll get cravings back. Once you go off a little, it is harder to stay on track too because if you start with a little, why not go for a lot.
• When you do feel hunger, you need to evaluate – is it true hunger or is it just head-hunger? If it is head-hunger, this is what you need to learn to control. Drink a glass or water. I find hot herbal tea helps more than cold drinks most of the time. Go for a walk, take a bath, read a book. Find anything that will distract you for a few minutes until the feeling passes and you are back under control.
• True hunger can be dealt with by having your regular meal or snack. Try celery sticks or cucumbers if you need a little extra to get you through a day. If you need a little more you can even have a Blueberry pomegranate drink or raspberry jello. In a pinch, egg whites or an extra packet will work too, especially if you’ve done enough exercise to warrant the additional food.
• Drink your water!!! This is important for the weight loss process to metabolize fat and get rid of the toxins / by-products. It also keeps you from feeling hungry which is often dehydration not true hunger. I found it hard at first to drink the required amount plus the extra to make up for my added coffee. Here’s what I have found to work:
o I drink it at room temperature or hot
o Add lemon or lime slices, MIO flavouring or herbal tea to make it more interesting
o Drink a large glass when you first wake up. I find it helps me wake up better. I also drink 1-2 glasses with my morning supplements as I’m having breakfast. I drink another 750ml container on my way to work in the morning so by 9am I’ve had half my daily amount.
o If you feel bloated and think you are retaining water, then more water will help to flush it out.
o I have a Soda-Stream unit so I can make sparkling water without the phosphoric acid or artificial sweeteners in pop. The sparkling water makes it a little more interesting once in a while.
• Have your salt, oil and lettuce every day. I have discovered that I prefer romaine lettuce for the crunch or arugula for the peppery taste so I tend to eat only those. I use a bit of oil in cooking but mostly I use it in homemade salad dressings so I know I’m getting it in. Without the oil, your body isn’t getting enough calories or fat for proper metabolism so don’t skip this.
• Keep your body regular and don’t delay dealing with constipation issues. I have struggled with this on and off because I think I need a high amount of fiber. I use Chia seed daily, digestive enzymes, Novilax when necessary or other herbal remedies. Work with Jan to find solutions that will fit for you.
• Take your vitamins. You need to ensure you have proper intake of vitamins since you aren’t getting as many in your daily food.
• Pre-cut veggies in the fridge make a quick easy snack whenever you need quick food. I usually have peppers, celery, cauliflower ready to eat. Cucumbers are easy to slice anytime too. The crunch and effort of eating raw vegetables helps me to feel fuller.
• I prep for the next day’s lunch at the same time as I’m making my dinner. I have the cutting board out to prepare any vegetables I require or plan to use dinner leftovers for lunch. I often mix my protein packet for breakfast and lunch the night before too during the week to ensure I don’t make bad choices in the morning. Shakes and puddings thicken a bit more when left to sit overnight too.
• Find new interesting ways to use your packets. There are lots of recipes to make them different and you may find you like them made up rather in the original format. I.e. I don’t like the potato puree but it works great as a wrap, potato roll or pancake. Puddings can have spices added to make them like pumpkin pie filling or mixed with extra water or coffee for a ‘latte’. I’ve never had crispy cereal as a cold cereal but it makes a great pancake!
• When you first start out, you may not like some of the new things you try like the packets or vegetables. Don’t get discouraged but keep trying other new things until you find what you do like. Also go back to previous things later on to try again because you will find that your taste buds change as you go through the program and what you didn’t like before, you may like now.
• If you find things you like, then it makes it easiest to keep having those foods. Weight loss experts often encourage this as a way to stay on track by keeping a predictable list of foods. However I also find that I need to try new things too as a way of keeping it interesting. After all, vegetables and proteins will be a lifelong habit so learn to enjoy it. If you like cauliflower steamed but are getting tired of it, then try roasting it the next time or puree it for a mashed potato effect. Add garlic and other spices to change the flavour. I also found getting new, fresh spices helped improve their flavour.
• Find the times that work for your schedule. Weekdays I eat breakfast around 8am, lunch around 12 noon, snack at 3pm and dinner around 7pm. It fits my work and hunger schedule. I don’t keep to the same schedule on the weekends but still make sure I eat every 3-4 hours.
• Travel with IP appropriate snacks and water even if you are just out doing errands. You never know when something will delay you but if you get overly hungry you are prone to making bad choices. Having a suitable snack or veggies at the ready will help keep you on track.
• If you do fall off program, try to do it wisely. Don’t make it an all-you-can-eat buffet for the rest of the day or week. I do have extra protein or vegetables at times, I have had wrong choices at moments but the key is to get back on track immediately and not make it worse. Forgive yourself for being human and move forward with a lesson learned.
• Walden Farms or similar no-carb products can be good and can also be not so good. Try doctoring them up with vinegar, lime juice or seasonings to improve their flavour. These products can add a lot of variety in your food once you’ve found ways to use them.
• Talk to your coach. Share your struggles and find ideas of how to cope. Share your lessons learned to verbalize it for yourself and also for your coach to learn from for others.

IPdivajen
01-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Hi all. My name is Shannon (yes, the Jen part in my name throws everyone but I actually go by Shannon) and I'm 39 living just outside Toronto, Ontario.

I started IP March 1, 2012 and by October 15th I'd lost 132lbs. Pretty amazing!! I phased off at that point because I was going to start a rather intensive running program and my body decided that phase 1 and running didn't mix. I also decided that I needed to take a break overall and that I'd go back to 100% OP in January.

So here I am! Back again with a few extra pounds. Part of it was the running (I've built up new muscle, I'm sure!!), part was general celebration, part was holiday overindulgence, but I own every pound and am back at it working as hard as ever to get them gone once and for all. I learned some very valuable lessons about what phase 4 can look like, how easy it can be to put the weight back on, and that a day of phase 1 after some splurging really can bring you back in line. All important lessons that will stick with me and be super useful once I'm done once and for all.

Feels good to be back in losing territory once more! Wishing everyone continued success in 2013. :)

mompattie
01-03-2013, 02:34 PM
I wrote up some 2012 thoughts for my coach as part of documenting my IP journey and successes. I thought it might be helpful to pass along some of the IP tips that I noted for all those new to the program. I'm sure there are a lot more out there.

Some IP tips:
• Stick to the program. It really does make it easier to not question or test your boundaries. Your body won’t have normal cravings, it won’t starve unless you let it. If you eat off program and go out of ketosis, then you’ll get cravings back. Once you go off a little, it is harder to stay on track too because if you start with a little, why not go for a lot.
• When you do feel hunger, you need to evaluate – is it true hunger or is it just head-hunger? If it is head-hunger, this is what you need to learn to control. Drink a glass or water. I find hot herbal tea helps more than cold drinks most of the time. Go for a walk, take a bath, read a book. Find anything that will distract you for a few minutes until the feeling passes and you are back under control.
• True hunger can be dealt with by having your regular meal or snack. Try celery sticks or cucumbers if you need a little extra to get you through a day. If you need a little more you can even have a Blueberry pomegranate drink or raspberry jello. In a pinch, egg whites or an extra packet will work too, especially if you’ve done enough exercise to warrant the additional food.
• Drink your water!!! This is important for the weight loss process to metabolize fat and get rid of the toxins / by-products. It also keeps you from feeling hungry which is often dehydration not true hunger. I found it hard at first to drink the required amount plus the extra to make up for my added coffee. Here’s what I have found to work:
o I drink it at room temperature or hot
o Add lemon or lime slices, MIO flavouring or herbal tea to make it more interesting
o Drink a large glass when you first wake up. I find it helps me wake up better. I also drink 1-2 glasses with my morning supplements as I’m having breakfast. I drink another 750ml container on my way to work in the morning so by 9am I’ve had half my daily amount.
o If you feel bloated and think you are retaining water, then more water will help to flush it out.
o I have a Soda-Stream unit so I can make sparkling water without the phosphoric acid or artificial sweeteners in pop. The sparkling water makes it a little more interesting once in a while.
• Have your salt, oil and lettuce every day. I have discovered that I prefer romaine lettuce for the crunch or arugula for the peppery taste so I tend to eat only those. I use a bit of oil in cooking but mostly I use it in homemade salad dressings so I know I’m getting it in. Without the oil, your body isn’t getting enough calories or fat for proper metabolism so don’t skip this.
• Keep your body regular and don’t delay dealing with constipation issues. I have struggled with this on and off because I think I need a high amount of fiber. I use Chia seed daily, digestive enzymes, Novilax when necessary or other herbal remedies. Work with Jan to find solutions that will fit for you.
• Take your vitamins. You need to ensure you have proper intake of vitamins since you aren’t getting as many in your daily food.
• Pre-cut veggies in the fridge make a quick easy snack whenever you need quick food. I usually have peppers, celery, cauliflower ready to eat. Cucumbers are easy to slice anytime too. The crunch and effort of eating raw vegetables helps me to feel fuller.
• I prep for the next day’s lunch at the same time as I’m making my dinner. I have the cutting board out to prepare any vegetables I require or plan to use dinner leftovers for lunch. I often mix my protein packet for breakfast and lunch the night before too during the week to ensure I don’t make bad choices in the morning. Shakes and puddings thicken a bit more when left to sit overnight too.
• Find new interesting ways to use your packets. There are lots of recipes to make them different and you may find you like them made up rather in the original format. I.e. I don’t like the potato puree but it works great as a wrap, potato roll or pancake. Puddings can have spices added to make them like pumpkin pie filling or mixed with extra water or coffee for a ‘latte’. I’ve never had crispy cereal as a cold cereal but it makes a great pancake!
• When you first start out, you may not like some of the new things you try like the packets or vegetables. Don’t get discouraged but keep trying other new things until you find what you do like. Also go back to previous things later on to try again because you will find that your taste buds change as you go through the program and what you didn’t like before, you may like now.
• If you find things you like, then it makes it easiest to keep having those foods. Weight loss experts often encourage this as a way to stay on track by keeping a predictable list of foods. However I also find that I need to try new things too as a way of keeping it interesting. After all, vegetables and proteins will be a lifelong habit so learn to enjoy it. If you like cauliflower steamed but are getting tired of it, then try roasting it the next time or puree it for a mashed potato effect. Add garlic and other spices to change the flavour. I also found getting new, fresh spices helped improve their flavour.
• Find the times that work for your schedule. Weekdays I eat breakfast around 8am, lunch around 12 noon, snack at 3pm and dinner around 7pm. It fits my work and hunger schedule. I don’t keep to the same schedule on the weekends but still make sure I eat every 3-4 hours.
• Travel with IP appropriate snacks and water even if you are just out doing errands. You never know when something will delay you but if you get overly hungry you are prone to making bad choices. Having a suitable snack or veggies at the ready will help keep you on track.
• If you do fall off program, try to do it wisely. Don’t make it an all-you-can-eat buffet for the rest of the day or week. I do have extra protein or vegetables at times, I have had wrong choices at moments but the key is to get back on track immediately and not make it worse. Forgive yourself for being human and move forward with a lesson learned.
• Walden Farms or similar no-carb products can be good and can also be not so good. Try doctoring them up with vinegar, lime juice or seasonings to improve their flavour. These products can add a lot of variety in your food once you’ve found ways to use them.
• Talk to your coach. Share your struggles and find ideas of how to cope. Share your lessons learned to verbalize it for yourself and also for your coach to learn from for others.

AMAZING!!!!!!!! And who is this slim beautiful lady in your new siggie??? Wowza you look fantastic!!!!!!!!! Way to go!!! Love your HUGE smile!! :hug:

KLD81230
01-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Good afternoon! I am Kelly, from Colorado. Woke up this morning to a balmy -29 degrees out! Yep... that is a negative! :)

I started IP (using alternatives) on December 1st. Since then, I've lost about 9 pounds. I am a very slow loser, and before IP I was in a 16 week plateau even with a strict eating plan and heavy gym schedule. IP broke that plateau and I am excited to see what it can really do! I am a gym rat, and avid outdoor-loving person! I love obstacle runs, and am planning some new ones in 2013 that I haven't done before. (Tough Mudder, Run For Your Life, Spartan Sprint...) Sometimes I am amazed that I hold onto weight at all, but through IP I am really realizing that carbs affect my body differently that many people, and the sensitivity that I have to them is great.

I've always struggled with my weight, and three kiddos in less than six years really added to my problems.

I fell off the wagon a little bit over New Years when it was my first time out of my own kitchen while on IP (visiting family in the big city). It was a huge eye opener that carbs/sugar/etc. still have a real hold on me, mentally. It is something I still have to work on and I acknowledge that. Boy it really is true that staying 100% OP is so much harder after a little slip up. I went a few days really trying to get back on board, but would find a little lick or taste happening later in the day. I am back at home and now completely 100% OP -- and that makes me happy.

I lurk here more than post, but I have also found that reading this forum helps me stay on track. I am trying to plan more and plan better, and hope to see these 25 pounds disappear forever. I do get nervous reading posts from people that did great but then gained everything back after phasing off (correctly or incorrectly). I do think that my 16 week plateau is a good indication that I can maintain my weight well with 'regular' diet and exercise, so that is the motivation that I keep when I see all these old members back after the start of the new year.

At the rate I seem to lose at, 25 pounds seems like a far way away... but I'm optimistic and am glad I found such great information on here!

Starshine
01-03-2013, 02:39 PM
AMAZING!!!!!!!! And who is this slim beautiful lady in your new siggie??? Wowza you look fantastic!!!!!!!!! Way to go!!! Love your HUGE smile!! :hug:

This! Love it. :) I just past KitKat's post on to a friend who is just starting. Great advice there.

And OMG, KitKat looks amazing! So skinny and beautiful. Wow, wow, wow! :)

dawnwhite58
01-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Happy New Year, I am Dawn and I am from central Georgia. I started IP on 7 Sep. 12. After years, and I mean years, of trying to lose weight a coworker told me about IP. She had recently lost 40lbs so; I thought I would give it a try. It was the best decision ever. It also helps that for once I am doing it for the right reasons. To date I have lost 52lbs and am working to lose 30 to 40 more.
I don’t have as much time on this site as I would like but, just finding a few minutes to read the daily chats has made a world of a difference. Anytime I start to lose motivation, I just read about what others have gone through or are going through. When I have a slow week it helps to see that everyone’s loss varies from week to week. More than likely if you have an issue, someone one here has already addressed it.
Having said all this; those of you who post regularly, thank you. You might be surprised by the number of people you inspire that you don’t even know are reading.

MSEMDEE
01-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Hello fellow IP'ers.
My name is Melanie and I am from NE Alberta. I started IP (alternatives) mid-Sept and have been pleasedwith my loses to date. For me it has been slow but consisitent loses till Christmas break. I gave myself permission to cheat for 4 days through the holidays. No it was not chocolate, wine or cookies that I craved. It was fruit. Plain and simple. Oranges, pineapple, kiwi and berries. I told myself that if I still had room at the end of the day (after eating all my protein, veggies and drinking 1 gallon of water) if I was still hungry I could indulge in fruit.
And so I did, and gained 3 lbs for my indulgence.
My goal is to reach Onderland by Sept and to do that I need to be more accountable and to do that I need to post more often and participate in more discussion.
There is a wealth of knowledge and support on these boards and I hope to make better use of those who so willing share their information.

KitKat169
01-04-2013, 10:40 PM
A few more newbies starting IP so bumping this thread!

wuv2bloved
01-05-2013, 12:56 PM
If we could get all the newbies just to post in one thread it would be amazing! all these new threads are overwhelming!

Starshine
01-05-2013, 01:34 PM
If we could get all the newbies just to post in one thread it would be amazing! all these new threads are overwhelming!

Agreed! :) We need to bump this thread up many times in a day. It's a great place for the newbies to read all the amazing stories here too. Very inspirational!

auroragrl
01-05-2013, 02:39 PM
I started IP in May 2012. I had great success and loved the program. My girls' daddy passed away in June, and faced many challenges. I had to sell my business and found a teaching job, moved and had a lot of challenges, and some of the fallout of all this was verrrry difficult. I continued the program through September, but there was no center where I had relocated to. I had a hard time getting packets, so I went off, while trying to maintain. I am restarting. I still don't have a center but will go to my old one about once a month. I am going to make this work. I love how I feel on the program and being in control.

It's great to be back!! :)

Bellamack
01-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Hello Ipeeps,

My name is Karen and I started IP in July 2011 and got to goal in Nov. 2011, I phased off and all was great for awhile. I then fell back on old habits and regained. grrrr. I took the journey with WUV and she is such an inspiration,now I am back for another journey, started this past wednesday and still having a headache.

My name Bellamack came from combining my last dog, Bella (Shar- pei/boxer rescue who has passed) and my first grand-fur baby, Mack, my daughter rescued him.

For whatever reason, I have never been able to post pics on this site, if you want to view me. lol. , PM me and I will friend you on FB, that is what Wuv had to do.

I WILL NEVER GIVE UP ON MY WEIGHTLOSS JOURNEY! I will be 55 on the 7th of January, I am fortunate that I have no health related problems, other than aches, my doctor told me before I started IP the first time, good health won't last forever at my weight and I know she is right. So here I am, right back at it.
Welcome Newbies and Old friends :)

wuv2bloved
01-05-2013, 02:48 PM
I am soooooo glad to see so many of y'all come back!!...this makes me HAPPY!!!

KLD81230
01-05-2013, 03:22 PM

Maybe we could start a new post that is titled: "Newbies Introduce Yourself HERE!"

wuv2bloved
01-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Maybe we could start a new post that is titled: "Newbies Introduce Yourself HERE!"
I tried that as well....lol

LynnK
01-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Hello all :) I did IP in the past and decided its a new year and I need to start again! I had amazing results the first time but fell off the wagon. Hoping that I will stay motivated this time!