Old 12-28-2012, 10:47 AM   #1  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Default Mrc Maintainers For 2013

I saw a post that we needed to start a new thread but didn't see where anyone actually started it SO i thought i would for the new year!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 340/205/190ish

Height: 5'9"

Thanks Skelly!! Wow, 4 pounds for you to go! Grats on your success! I'm looking forward to that day!
Keylani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:01 AM   #3  

It's tough, but I think the hardest part is the realization that this is ALWAYS going to be a struggle. It does get easier much of the time, but I was very sad when I realized that going on maintenance still meant that I was never going to be able to relax and just eat--I always have to plan ahead and/or consciously make healthy/on-plan food choices. However, if I get to continue to be healthy, look good, feel good, and have more energy, then I guess I can handle that, even if it is forever.

The above quote is by Teacher Lady on our old post. How true this all is.
The most dynamic sentence to me is: very sad when I realized that going on maintenance still meant that I was never going to be able to relax and just eat. This is a forever thing, for sure. I switch back to Green Menu many many times,go on 2-3 day shakes diet, etc. I can go out and next morning gain 2 pounds and I have made very good choices, it is what it is, and I deal with it. It is ALWAYS a struggle for me, I still journal all my food, so if I gain I look back and figure out why and go on.. BUT.. It is a way of life, a healthy way of life, and even though a struggle, I refuse to go back to gaining weight I lost so I keep on and will keep on.. If it was not for this forum, I would not make it. I do still get weighed in once a week, as that keeps me focused. Sad part for me is I never went back to my old ways, stay real focused and try to be sensible in way I eat, but still gain, but I do go on.
Patzi

Old 12-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

So timely, Patzi. I feel sad and sorry for myself right now. I came on to post about all the holiday sweets still in my house. I'm home by myself and going crazy. After eating a bunch- at breakfast!- I decided, screw everyone else, I'm throwing it all out. The homemade hazelnut almond bark, the flourless chocolate torte, the cranberry scones, the salted carmel squares, all of it. they will be mad when they come home, but they don't need anymore either. Last year, on program, I had the discipline to get rid of it all right way, but this year I have let it hang around too long. The others in my household seem to forget it is there but I can't. I am Constantly circling back for another nibble or bite. It's has been going on for over a week. It's now in the garbage and I'm heading out for a walk to clear my head. I should have taken control of this sooner, but at least I am doing it now.

Maintenance is not easy. And at times like this I realize I am still vulnerable. Always will be, I fear. That's why I can't afford to go into denial. I was heading there after thanksgiving, then got ahold of things, doing two weeks more or less on the Green sheet. Now I am finding myself there again. I haven't gotten on the scale since Dec. 10.

I dont have the nerve to weigh just yet but the act of throwing the sugary stuff away is my start back into reality. If anyone reading this also feels like enough is enough, I hope this encourages you that you are not alone in this struggle. And you can start again today!

Last edited by camaswa; 12-30-2012 at 03:12 PM.
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #5  
Sherry, Senior Member

Smile

Oh i am right there with you camaswa and patzi, i had to throw all the sweets out also but not until i realized i had eaten enough and and gained like 4 lbs, i managed to lose 1.5 of it but yes maintenance is hard, i actually go friday jan 4th for my official maintenance appt but was told the last week #5 and this week#6 was my official maintenance program. I didn't go weigh in this week because there was so much going on, but i'm trying so hard to get back on track using the green menu, but at night and weekends it seems so hard for me to stay focused. While i was on plan and still workign towards stabilization and maintenance i was doing so great, but i've made it thru stabilization and now on maintenace and i feel like i'm lost and like i've been thrown to the wolves, does this make since? I'm hoping after the new year it will all get better. I'm not going back to the way i ate before, i do know that if i go overboard i can do the green menu and lose the lbs!!! Thanks to all who are on this board and who listen and respond, without all of you it would be harder than i could imagine! Thank you and Happy New year!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #6  

Camaswa..
What a dynamic statement... You said ..I should have taken control of this sooner, but at least I am doing it now. That is the key.. Get back on wagon and go from there, as today is another day..

Skelley... Hang in there.. Are you going to do maintenance with the MRC Center? I have been doing it for about 2 years if not longer. I need the center to focus and be accountable .. That is so weak, and I wish I was not like that, but as they say it is as it is. Also, if you are having a problem, make sure you journal every thing food and drink you put in your mouth. That helps.

Hard time of year for everyone, let's get back to where we were, and go on. None of us want to get back to where we were, we worked hard to get away from that, so let's give it a try, as hard as it seems for all of us at this time of year.Really rough, but we will pull through it.. Just not beat ourselves up, and go on.. Let us see how we all do New Years Even and New Years Day.
Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:48 AM   #7  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Camaswa..
What a dynamic statement... You said ..I should have taken control of this sooner, but at least I am doing it now. That is the key.. Get back on wagon and go from there, as today is another day..

Skelley... Hang in there.. Are you going to do maintenance with the MRC Center? I have been doing it for about 2 years if not longer. I need the center to focus and be accountable .. That is so weak, and I wish I was not like that, but as they say it is as it is. Also, if you are having a problem, make sure you journal every thing food and drink you put in your mouth. That helps.

Hard time of year for everyone, let's get back to where we were, and go on. None of us want to get back to where we were, we worked hard to get away from that, so let's give it a try, as hard as it seems for all of us at this time of year.Really rough, but we will pull through it.. Just not beat ourselves up, and go on.. Let us see how we all do New Years Even and New Years Day.
Patzi

Patzi: Yes I'm going to do maintenance with the MRC center, it helps me stay in line most of the time. I go this friday the 4th for my maintenance appt, not sure what all is involved with this appt.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Height: 5'8"

CAMASWA - i share your fellings. I came here to post basically what you said. Glad I checked in here today - I have not tossed out the english toffee yet so i am going to do that right now. I haven't faced the scale yet either. I keep putting it off thinking "one more day of nibbling on sweets & snacks and then I will weigh" But one day and turned into 2 or 3. Sweets are a killer for me - the more I eat the more I want. I really just need to stay away from sugar!

Thanks for everyones words of wisdom and support here. It definitely helps!
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:39 PM   #9  

Faerychic... Nice to hear from you. If I eat anything with sugar, triggers
cravings that I want more sugar, and then everything goes out of control, so I stay away from it.. But English Toffee, used to be one of my favorites. Love that ., but do as you say, throw it out, and stay accountable the best you can, as the longer you postpone, the more difficult it gets. If having a problem come here on forum and talk to us.

Well... I went with hubby to Ruby Tuesday's as we are off , and we both had a salad, had my own dressing, and had salmon cooked real well and a cup of tea. Salmon was placed on top of salad . I told them omit croutons and any bacon. The next morning I am up 2 1/2 pounds. Now, I made good choices, why this happens who knows, but it sure is frustrating. I would think the food , especially the fish, was premarinated, as I told them I wanted it grilled dry, and someone told me may times at restaurants they soak the lettuce in salt water. Also Salmon is fatty, but being on maintenance I should be able to eat this, without this type of gain. It is as it is, I guess. Today I am back on green menu, and I drink minimum of 64oz. a day. I get weighed in on Wednesday, as I did not go last week.. So hopefully it will come off..

Patzi
Old 01-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #10  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Patzi-- it likely is sodium from the restaurant food. I've noticed that almost any time you mention having eaten out in one of your posts, you also say you've gained 1-2 lbs. I usually make an extra effort to drink extra water the day of and the day after a restaurant meal to help flush out the extra sodium.

Hi ladies-- I see you are all fighting the good fight against the holiday sweets and such. I let myself indulge in the treats that I can't get throughout the year, had my husband hide the candy (only the good-quality chocolate, the rest I threw away) from our stockings from me, and I spent this afternoon cleaning all the other temptations out of my fridge. We spent Friday through today with my in-laws at their cabin...which meant lots of holiday leftovers, snacky foods, and carby meals for me to fight all weekend, so I'ml up 1-2 lbs (and I even got everything off from Christmas before we left!). So, I'm starting fresh on green menu (plus my a.m. and p.m. yogurt & chia seeds) tomorrow.

Luckily I don't go back to work until Monday, so I'm going to try to take advantage of my extra time this week to fit in as many runs/yoga sessions as possible. Especially since my birthday was today so my brother is taking me to dinner tomorrow, my brother-in-law's bday is Thursday so we're doing a family dinner out then, and the rest of my family wants to celebrate my birthday and my nephew's bday on Sunday.

Whew! Wish me luck!
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #11  

TeacherLady.. Happy Birthday and Happy New Year.

I weighed in today and stayed the same as two weeks ago. WHEW...

Patzi
Old 01-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Hey, All! Happy New Year! I've been MIA for a while but am hoping to get back into reading and posting.

Still doing okay, weight-wise. Got struck with a nasty virus and my lungs are crap, but hoping to get back into working out and eating better... I know I'll feel better when I do!
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #13  
Sherry, Senior Member

Hi Everyone and Happy New Year! I go friday for my maintenance appt can anyone tell me what they actually do? Thanks
Old 01-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Hey, Skelley -

For mine, we did a summary of my weight loss, goals, and saw where I was in relation to my actual goals. We then went over a much less-structured eating plan and decided how often I would continue to weigh in...

But, that was mine...
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #15  

Hello all---
Been lurking...on a cookie detox. Man, I redeveloped some bad habits. I really can do okay with one treat of dark chocolate or frozen yogurt each day. I maintain really well and don't get cravings. But over the past few weeks I started replacing my dark chocolate with a cookie then another then another until I was at the point where after every meal, and often in between, I was looking for a cookie. So for the second time this holiday season some goodies found their way into the trash. And I've been cookie free for three days now Well, sweets in general, but those darn cookies. I think it is because they are good for mindless eating. Cake or pie you actually have to sit down with a fork and plate so it takes more effort, etc.

And my cookie habit came with a few pounds. Nothing 2 weeks of being sweets free and balancing my meals won't take care of. I already feel a ton better. We've spent the past few days painting our bathroom so the scale is away. I'm hoping tomorrow when I get back on I'm back to or close to my happy weight range. I can already tell in my clothes I've lost the bloat (some cookies came with wine).

But I'm also not going to go extreme with exercise to correct the problems I created. Exercise in excessive amounts seems to stimulate my appetite. So this morning I did 15 minutes of high intensity strength circuits. My goal is 5-6 days of 30 minutes of moderate to high intensity activity. Switching it up. This summer I'm going to do a triathlon but with the sub zero temps in the morning I"m not ready to start training for that
nwcgina is offline   Reply With Quote