Metabolic Research Center - Mrc Maintainers For 2013

Pages : 1 [2]

View Full Version : Mrc Maintainers For 2013

skelley331
04-25-2013, 09:50 PM
I don't think ive been to weigh in since very early in January. I got a call from the center this week checking on me. I said that I fluctuate between a few pounds and feel like I'm doing well. She said to come in any time to weigh in or purchase any of the products. I'm rather suprised it took them over 3 months to check on me.

Oh wow, how long have you been on maintenance?

rwquilts
04-25-2013, 10:08 PM
I reached my goal in October and continued to lose in stabilization. So, I think it was early December. I weighed in every other week during December.

patzi
04-29-2013, 11:19 AM
I have this for breakfast on occasions and is quite good. Makes me think it is a danish, but we all know that is not true. Oh, my the old times and danish. My favorite was a gooey one with a jam or jelly on top.

one ww english mjuffin or 2 slices 40 calorie bread
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
1 cup fresh fruit, as blueberries or strawberries. ( or if you prefer,
you could use sugar free jam

Spread cottage cheese on open faced English muffin or bread.

Place in toaster over or under broiler for 2-3 minutes

Top with berries or preserves.. Sprinkle with one packet of Splenda or I use
liquid stevia... I also sprinkle with applie pie spice, or cinnamon

I also like it with just the cottage cheese and no fruit, but with a lot of cinnamon and a hint of nutmeg . So many variations to this.

I find if I toast the bread or muffin for a little, it comes out better.

Patzi

patzi
04-29-2013, 05:08 PM
What happened to all the old time maintainers? I miss hearing from them.

Patzi

skelley331
04-29-2013, 10:23 PM
Hi Patzi,

I've been around and a maintainer since jan 4th 2013, right now i'm so up and down and i'm still trying to find my way. I've gained, lost, gained, lost, and can't seem to find the right balance, all my center tells me to do is go back to the green menu to lose then i go back to my maintenance and gain. so i'm giving it all a break right now, i'm so over thinking of food, food, calories, weighing, etc etc. All i do is think about dieting, food, scales. I'm always lurking around and reading all the posts.

dkdaisybutters
04-30-2013, 03:49 PM
Does anyone use agave? I hear people talking about it, is it a better replacement than honey? Does it have lower calories or something than honey and taste like it, or is it just like a sweetener like splenda but liquid?

patzi
04-30-2013, 06:03 PM
Does anyone use agave? I hear people talking about it, is it a better replacement than honey? Does it have lower calories or something than honey and taste like it, or is it just like a sweetener like splenda but liquid?

I use agave in all my baking. I also use it on pancakes. I use stevia liquid in my coffee and drinks.

Agave Nectar light is what I use and it is not that low in calories. Most grocery stores carry it. Stevia has no calories. I was told by MRC that Truvia a natural sugar has no calories either, and they gave me a packet to try. Have to be careful when using Agave as it is not calorie free. If Truvia is good, I will stop using agave and go to that. One of the MRC Clients make a torte using Truvia and it was delicious.

Hope this helps.
Patzi

dkdaisybutters
04-30-2013, 06:06 PM
What happened to all the old time maintainers? I miss hearing from them.

Patzi

I noticed that there aren't as many people on this tread posting as there used to be too! I used to always look at the thread even though I wasn't maintaining and now it seems kinda died down. Wonder what happened to everyone

Skelley...I know how you feel about always thinking about food, calories, what am I going to eat next, etc. I worry about what is going to make me gain or if something has too much sodium I know I will gain water weight but I worry even though I know I will lose it again. I am trying to relax and this thread helps with the advice.

Other times I say to heck with it because in the back of my head I know I need to have a life. I can't just not go out every once in a while and be a hermit forever. I went crazy on Saturday and ate pizza and then I was like "well I ate pizza so I might as well go out and drink beer" So I did lol Then I got home and ate leftover pizza because I was drunk. I gained 4 lbs but now I am calculating calories each day to make sure I am under a certain amt so I can lose it again. It is probably some water weight too but idk.

Another thing, I don't think I have any trigger foods but I am not sure how to narrow it down whether I do or not and how I tell. When I did stabilization I didn't have any weight gain, I actually lost weight with each different thing added.

I need to get over the all or nothing mentality when I splurge. I thought maintenance would be easy because the actual losing weight was easy to me. I just did what they said and lost weight. I never hardly cheated because I knew it would slow down my weight loss and I didn't want that. Maintenance is stressing me out but it shouldn't because I will have to try to keep this weight off the rest of my life.

patzi
04-30-2013, 06:09 PM
I think $129.00 a year for resigning for maintenance is absurd..I will do it, but..... Last time I bought a couple of years, as it was a real good special, but I have not seen a special on maintenance in ages.

One is paying for weighing in , I guess. I need to do this, as that is the only way I can stay focused. Wish I was not that weak, but I am.

Just venting.

Patzi

dkdaisybutters
04-30-2013, 06:23 PM
That is ridiculous that we even have to pay after the free year of maintenance. It should be a lifetime thing in my opinion just for sticking through the program and maintenance with them. If you want to lose again I could see paying but just to maintain...no, that is dumb. I don't blame you Patzi for venting and i bet it is nice to have them in case you have a question about something later on. For some reason I had never thought about not having them after a year is up, I just assumed you could come in whenever and weigh in.

skelley331
04-30-2013, 10:01 PM
Dkdaisybutters and Patzi,
I agree that losing the weight and inches was so much easier but maintenance is tough. I saw a post on here and i can't remember who posted but it was the book The Diet Cure, well i bought the book and read the book and OMG it's been amazing life saver. I started the plan last saturday and i have no cravings for sugar or carbs and all i'm doing is taking a multivitamin, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C and the amino acid L-glutamine. The L-glutamine i only do for 12 wks and after that i'm off of it but still take the vitamins, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C. But you don't count calories, or weigh in, all you do is eat 20-25 grams protein at each meal, 2-4 servings of fruit, 4 cups low carb vegetables, 1-2 cups of high carb vegetables per day and up to 1 cup cooked rice whole grain or bread. Its explains how dieting actually makes you gain weight after you reach your goal. Our bodies become unbalanced and aren't getting the nutrients needed and that's what causes us to overeat and crave carbs and junk food. There are 8 steps but i only have to do two. I highly recommend this book to everyone. I'm not obsessed with food anymore either. And i've lost 1.8lbs in two days!!! Amazing!!!

patzi
05-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Skelley331.

Diet cure book you are talking about, is the author Julia Ross?

skelley331
05-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Skelley331.

Diet cure book you are talking about, is the author Julia Ross?

Yes it is. I'm doing great on it.

patzi
05-02-2013, 12:03 PM
For Those That Are Counting Calories..

I had this data from a previous diet I was on..I don't count calories, now.

Fruit, 1 cup fresh = 60 calories

Veggie, 1 cup cooked 50

Grains , starches 1/4 cup
or
1 slice bread 50

Dairy 1 cup 100

Lowest Cal 1 oz.
(Fish, all seafood) 25

Lean Meat, 1 oz chicken,
Center cut pork, Turkey,
Venison 50

Medium Fat meat, 1 oz
ground sirloin, ground round, pork roast,
sirloin Fillet, dark meat chicken 75

High Fat meat 1 oz
Ribeye, T-Bone, Prime Rib, Ground Beef or chuck, any rib meat
1 Egg 75

For instance 4 oz. boneless , skinless chicken breast at 50 cal. for one oz =
200 calories.

Hope this helps.
Patzi

Tamikl
05-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Hi ladies...I am still here!! lol

I just got done ordering that book.."The Diet Cure." I look forward to reading it, so a big thank you for recommending it!

Well, this is pre-menstrual week for me and I can tell:( I am craving everything in sight, my WI was up 2lbs yesterday, I feel bloated, and eating too much chocolate. Dang, at times I feel so out of control. Fortunately, it isn't like this for me every single day.

I am plucking along I guess...this battle never seems to go away. I feel like I am frequently refraining from eating the wrong things and the more I do that the more I want those things. I know that the low carb days that I do help me keep things in check, but it can get old doing those days sometimes, too. I think I am just having an issue with accepting the way things are...This whole journey simply is what it is and some days are going to feel tougher than others and I am just going to have to deal with that. The more I fight it, the farther it sets me back in my efforts to maintain, so I just need deal with my reality....may not be fun, but it is what it is and it is likely an easier road than others may be facing so I need to just quit feeling sorry for myself.

There....glad I am back? lol

I love you ladies and am so grateful you are all still on here....Thank you for sticking around for the rest of us!!!!

skelley331
05-03-2013, 09:12 AM
Hi ladies...I am still here!! lol

I just got done ordering that book.."The Diet Cure." I look forward to reading it, so a big thank you for recommending it!

Well, this is pre-menstrual week for me and I can tell:( I am craving everything in sight, my WI was up 2lbs yesterday, I feel bloated, and eating too much chocolate. Dang, at times I feel so out of control. Fortunately, it isn't like this for me every single day.

I am plucking along I guess...this battle never seems to go away. I feel like I am frequently refraining from eating the wrong things and the more I do that the more I want those things. I know that the low carb days that I do help me keep things in check, but it can get old doing those days sometimes, too. I think I am just having an issue with accepting the way things are...This whole journey simply is what it is and some days are going to feel tougher than others and I am just going to have to deal with that. The more I fight it, the farther it sets me back in my efforts to maintain, so I just need deal with my reality....may not be fun, but it is what it is and it is likely an easier road than others may be facing so I need to just quit feeling sorry for myself.

There....glad I am back? lol

I love you ladies and am so grateful you are all still on here....Thank you for sticking around for the rest of us!!!!

Glad to see you are back and believe me I know exactly what you are saying because I was in the same boat on cravings, eating wrong foods etc just 1 week ago. I was at the point where I wanted to just quit until I read The Diet Cure and it has literally saved me. Since I started the plan almost one week ago I've lost 2.4lbs, I don't count calories anymore, no more HNS's, I just take the basic vitamins and I take L-glutamine , the L-glutamine I will stop taking after three months then it's just the basic multivitamin, vitamin C, Magnesium. I wish I had known about this book before MRC I could have saved tons of $$$$ but it's journey i'll remember. Goodluck you will be amazed at what you read in her book. :carrot:

patzi
05-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Skelley...
I ordered the book.. I was going to do it before when someone had mentioned it, and it sort of slipped my mind, I guess. Thank you for thinking of us, and recommending this book, as I may be under goal, but I am not happy , and I should be.. I just become tired of always worrying if I eat this or eat that, I know I will gain, and maintenance should be more free than that, but I guess each one of us has our struggles.

Good to hear from you Tami..

Sometimes I feel so lost doing maintenance, I am so grateful for this site.

Have a good day everyone.

Patzi

faerychic
05-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Hi everyone-
I have been lurking here for a while. Didn't have anything good to say, so didn't want to post. My weight has sky rocketed. I am blaming it on menopause :p Started having major menopause symptoms - hot flashes, lack of sleep, mood swings..... I tried the hormone cream that the center was always trying to push on me - nothing changed excepted my weight! So, I decided to an 11 day cleanse to rid myself of my sugar cravings. I am 6 days into it - no sugar and no caffeine. I actually feel pretty good and guess what? no more hot flashes. Still not sleeping great though. My plan is to go back to the green menu or metabalance once I am done with the cleanse to get rid of the weight I put on. Wish me luck - I have 8 pounds to lose to get to my lowest weight with MRC (never reached goal).

I may have to check out "the Diet Cure" some of you are talking about as well.

skelley331
05-03-2013, 02:18 PM
Skelley...
I ordered the book.. I was going to do it before when someone had mentioned it, and it sort of slipped my mind, I guess. Thank you for thinking of us, and recommending this book, as I may be under goal, but I am not happy , and I should be.. I just become tired of always worrying if I eat this or eat that, I know I will gain, and maintenance should be more free than that, but I guess each one of us has our struggles.

Good to hear from you Tami..

Sometimes I feel so lost doing maintenance, I am so grateful for this site.

Have a good day everyone.

Patzi

Patzi,
You will be so glad you got this book, I've had to go back to it on several occasions just to make sure I was following it correctly. I'm so happy, feel great, i'm sleeping good, don't worry about if im eating the right foods or not. She has a pie chart in there that is awesome and she says to eat your protein first, then the vegetables and then the high carb foods and to eat only if you're still hungry. I can't believe I have no cravings at all, if fixed French fries the other night for my husband and my son and I didn't even want any, they smelled good but had no desire to eat any. Goodluck and if you have any questions let me know. And I love this site!:carrot:

skelley331
05-03-2013, 02:20 PM
Hi everyone-
I have been lurking here for a while. Didn't have anything good to say, so didn't want to post. My weight has sky rocketed. I am blaming it on menopause :p Started having major menopause symptoms - hot flashes, lack of sleep, mood swings..... I tried the hormone cream that the center was always trying to push on me - nothing changed excepted my weight! So, I decided to an 11 day cleanse to rid myself of my sugar cravings. I am 6 days into it - no sugar and no caffeine. I actually feel pretty good and guess what? no more hot flashes. Still not sleeping great though. My plan is to go back to the green menu or metabalance once I am done with the cleanse to get rid of the weight I put on. Wish me luck - I have 8 pounds to lose to get to my lowest weight with MRC (never reached goal).

I may have to check out "the Diet Cure" some of you are talking about as well.

Faerychic: Oh definitely read the book, she explains how being on a diet makes us gain weight but shows you how to stop dieting, eat healthy and stop all cravings!!!:carrot:

patzi
05-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Faerychic

Glad to hear from you, even if you do not have anything good to say,come and say hello.. Missed hearing from you.

Re: Cleanse...Any specific one, or just one you put together yourself?

Patzi

patzi
05-06-2013, 08:54 AM
New week, ladies... Wishing you all a good one .

Patzi

lovetofishandrun
05-14-2013, 10:11 PM
So I'm struggling. I've only run 2-3 times in last 8 weeks but I have walked 2 times a week. And with our weekends to ballgames over the last 2 months - well - 7 lbs have returned. I am ordering the Diet Cure but til it gets here, it's green menu time. The journey is never-ending...kinda like a circle. Journey on!

rwquilts
05-14-2013, 10:36 PM
lovetofishandrun, have you been at the new weight for several days? I ate lots of trigger foods last weekend. It was Mother's Day, you know. I treated myself to a Culvers flavor of the day cone, among other things. I weighed 137 yesterday morning. My highest since last October. This morning I was back to 132. So, I'm not sure what was up. I'll be curious to see what the scale says tomorrow morning. I agree it's a never ending journey!! Maybe I shouldn't weigh every day at the gym, but it has become a habit, or maybe an obsession!

bigdog
05-14-2013, 10:38 PM
Sounds like a great book- I'll definitely get it.. I need something new to get motivated again :). faery chick- def know what u r talking about - if I start eating sweets and carbs - my hot flashes and swollen stomach come back! I need to get focused- felt like a beached whale at the beach this past weekend!

bigdog
05-14-2013, 10:47 PM
Patzi -Yum!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

nwcgina
05-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Hey gals-thought I would check back in and say I'm still alive and mentally better than ever. A little over 2 months ago I read the book "Intuitive Eating" and it has completely changed how I look at dieting, exercise, and food in general. It has been so liberating. It hasn't led to weight loss, but I'm in a better place mentally and I believe physically.

I think you all are completely amazing. I don't check back in much as part of IE is getting rid of the dieting mentality, so I needed to separate myself for a while from anything related to my past dieting habits. But I did go back through and read over the past few months. Sounds like we all have our ups and downs.

patzi
05-15-2013, 05:21 PM
FOR ALL THAT COUNT CALORIES..

I was scanning channels the other night and Dr. Oz. had someone on relative losing weight. This person has a book out called Choose More, Lose More, and I do believe his name is Chris Powell.

He said the following... Take your body weight and times 12. That will give you the calories you can have a day. Never eat less that 1200.

For instance if your body weight is 130 x12=1580 calories you can eat a day. Weigh 150x12= 1800 calories, etc..

You are to eat every 3 hours and indulge in one item one day a week, same day each week. Eating every three hours, includes 3 meals and 2 snacks.

There is more to it, like how much protein to eat, how much carbs, etc. but you measure the amount from the palm of your hand, do not have to weigh food on a scale.
Patzi

skelley331
05-15-2013, 09:36 PM
Hey gals-thought I would check back in and say I'm still alive and mentally better than ever. A little over 2 months ago I read the book "Intuitive Eating" and it has completely changed how I look at dieting, exercise, and food in general. It has been so liberating. It hasn't led to weight loss, but I'm in a better place mentally and I believe physically.

I think you all are completely amazing. I don't check back in much as part of IE is getting rid of the dieting mentality, so I needed to separate myself for a while from anything related to my past dieting habits. But I did go back through and read over the past few months. Sounds like we all have our ups and downs.

Thanks for sharing, I went just went thru the same mentality and I read The Diet Cure and it's amazing, it shows you why diets fail and we gain weight back, so i'm not dieting anymore, do not weigh, do not count calories either. I let my clothes tell me how i feel. Congrats to you and I hope it continues to work for you, i might get the book and read it also.

skelley331
05-15-2013, 09:39 PM

Who is the author?

nwcgina
05-15-2013, 10:46 PM
Tribole and Resch. The book is in the 3rd ed. and I did buy the third book because they had a chapter on research (which I loved) and how to raise intuitive eaters.

Tamikl
05-21-2013, 12:58 PM
Well, I think the book ("The Diet Cure") is a wealth of information for sure. I am not feeling like the supplements are working for me really. If I got anything, I bought a ton of supplements, but I may have a new vitamin that I like....and the schedule for when to take what from now on.

I have actually increased my weight lately, and don't think I will blame the book:) Rather, I think I need a different kind of guidance right now. I have become so book smart lately in my attempt at Maintenance, but the bottom line is finding what works for me, and I haven't found it. I think that the dieting in general messed my metabolism up, etc...and so adding anything into my diet creates a gain. I am not ok with living on 1200 calories a day for the rest of my life...

I went in for a WI last week and was up a pound. The advice I was given? Decrease calories again, don't do strength training. Really? I am in Maintenance now! I am also not believing that "healthy" moving forward is yo yoing back and forth between Maintenance and Green Menu.

I am sorry to rant...but what I am doing isn't working and my check in last week confirms for me now more than ever that MRC is wonderful for quick weight loss...but good luck with keeping it off on your own:(

patzi
05-22-2013, 06:19 AM
Tami...

I so agree with you on your words ...
MRC is wonderful for quick weight loss...but good luck with keeping it off on your own.

I decided to weigh in yesterday and gained 2 1/2 pounds. I was told go back on green menu and start taking HNS , take corti trim, and I was so disgusted. I told them I am sick of green menu, and I don't want to stay on all these supplements for rest of my time, I should be able to maintain without all their products and I bought none. I did renew a year of membership with maintenance, but am looking for another way to maintain, as my life is so regimented with dieting. Iam always dieting to stay on maintenance lately. Had no real problem for 2 years, but since I stopped all HNS, I started having a problem. So am looking for a solution to all this.

Patzi

faerychic
05-22-2013, 12:59 PM
I agree with you ladies...........MRC is good for quick weight loss but good luck on keeping it off on your own. I feel like I have been grasping at straws lately to find a sensible eating plan just to maintain my weight. I really need to lose 10 pounds but am really tired of dieting! I wonder what percentage of MRC clients actually keep their weight off for an extended period of time. And the ones that do - do they continue with the HNS's and the Green menu??

Lady67
05-22-2013, 01:22 PM
The manager of the center I go to... she lost over 100 lbs. Has kept it off for over 3 years, and yes, she still does the HNS. Am sure she gets it much cheaper than we do though.

skelley331
05-22-2013, 10:19 PM
I agree with you ladies...........MRC is good for quick weight loss but good luck on keeping it off on your own. I feel like I have been grasping at straws lately to find a sensible eating plan just to maintain my weight. I really need to lose 10 pounds but am really tired of dieting! I wonder what percentage of MRC clients actually keep their weight off for an extended period of time. And the ones that do - do they continue with the HNS's and the Green menu??

Well after following the diet cure i can officially say that i'm supplement free, counting calorie free, weighing myself free!!! I have no cravings and i can actually eat a I mean (1) cookie and stop if i want. It's knowing that i'm not on a diet anymore, i eat smart and if i want to have ice cream or dessert i do and I don't overeat anymore! Thank you Julia ross!!! And I'm maintaining my weight and have now for 4 wks!!! I could not maintain doing the MRC way!!!

Tamikl
05-24-2013, 12:04 PM
Tami...

I so agree with you on your words ...
MRC is wonderful for quick weight loss...but good luck with keeping it off on your own.

I decided to weigh in yesterday and gained 2 1/2 pounds. I was told go back on green menu and start taking HNS , take corti trim, and I was so disgusted. I told them I am sick of green menu, and I don't want to stay on all these supplements for rest of my time, I should be able to maintain without all their products and I bought none. I did renew a year of membership with maintenance, but am looking for another way to maintain, as my life is so regimented with dieting. Iam always dieting to stay on maintenance lately. Had no real problem for 2 years, but since I stopped all HNS, I started having a problem. So am looking for a solution to all this.

Patzi

I have decided to go see a Registered Dietician. I hope they may be able to look at how I lost the weight and direct me in keeping it off, since it seems anything I do that deviates at all from the menus that helped me to lose, make me gain:( I will keep you posted:)

Tamikl
05-24-2013, 12:08 PM

I think you hit it right on...my coach is in wonderful shape and a great weight, but when her advice to me on how to keep if off seems to be always "Green Menu" I get so discouraged. That menu doesn't include a bowl of soup on occasion or a PBJ ever! I have got to find something that works for me, too...I would have to bet we are not all a unique case...Like you, not sure of the ultimate success rate over the long term with MRC clients, but suspect not great.

Tamikl
05-24-2013, 12:12 PM
The manager of the center I go to... she lost over 100 lbs. Has kept it off for over 3 years, and yes, she still does the HNS. Am sure she gets it much cheaper than we do though.

I think to keep it off, we would have to continue on the path that helped us to lose...Adding a variety isn't working...yet it should. Everything in balance is what I am learning, yet doing that is backfiring with me...if I eat MRC, I do fine, (including HNS), but when I introduce variety, it all goes to **** for me....sorry, just being honest. I also don't want to have to yo yo diet forever to maintain....that isn't healthy on our metabolism. Oh, what to do....

lunarsongbird
05-25-2013, 10:50 AM
I agree that losing the weight and inches was so much easier but maintenance is tough. I saw a post on here and i can't remember who posted but it was the book The Diet Cure, well i bought the book and read the book and OMG it's been amazing life saver.

Oh hey! That was me. YAY!
I must be incredibly lucky, because I have a weight loss consultant who is VERY awesome and laid back. I'm still losing and still have 5 months to go before I run out of program and hit maintenance. That's when I'm going to call "goal." At my center- they plug in 30 % body fat as goal, which for me is around 175. Crazy, right? (Still seems way heavy.) But I think I'll probably shoot past that, not sure when...not sure I care when...(I'm VERY hormonal on the scale...look how long it took me to get from 209 to 2002)...so when I run out of time? Goal.

I don't bring in a food log and my consultant hasn't asked about the last time I bought HNSs (which was in FEBRUARY. Ha)- thank goodness. I've told her I don't want to be a dieter. I don't want to feel like a dieter. And she seems on board with that. But of course- now I'm not really sure what to talk about when we meet.

It seems like everytime I go in I talk about how disappointed I am that I still am so emotionally attached to my scale- and I wonder how long it will take for that feeling to go away. Sometimes I will talk about the exercise classes I attended or the next 5K I plan to walk. Or I'll talk about other aspects of wellness...mental, emotional, occupational, sexual. Very big picture of wellness. This is the same consultant who has us do dream boards:
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag6/lunarsongbird/phpZDiuICAM_zps7f3de2dd.jpg

Well, anyways...I'm so sorry that maintenance is so difficult.
:hug:

I've never even opened this thread before...I thought maybe it looked something like this:
"We are the Champions!!"
http://static.euronews.com/articles/190500/300x168_190500_we-are-the-champions.jpg

I have a few more things that some of you ladies might be interested in.

Have you heard of the GAPS diet? It's a temporary healing diet. Then you get on with your life.
http://www.wellfedhomestead.com/how-the-gaps-diet-might-ffect-your-weight

This is also one of my favorite books- http://www.amazon.com/Nourishing-Traditions-Challenges-Politically-Dictocrats/dp/0967089735

Also- I'm just waiting for MRC to tell me not to come back, because I'm not following their plan "right," but I've lost 40 pounds eating things I love...butter, beer, bacon, ice cream, chicken wings- granted- I also don't eat any chemicals or artificial foods anymore. But how is that "not right?" I'm living in maintenance and loving it- and losing weight. I only eat when I'm hungry and stop when I hit a point of diminishing returns. :: shrugs ::
I figure I'll stop losing weight when my body is at a happy place. I don't know what weight my body wants to be at...but it does.

But I wonder if they actually will ever tell me I need to leave...because despite not losing pounds as fast as they would like me to- I'm definitely losing inches. This is progress made from March to May.
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag6/lunarsongbird/phpZcPBQnAM_zps931960d1.jpg

patzi
05-28-2013, 01:13 PM
I weighed in and stayed the same, still 5 pounds under goal.. I went up on my scale over 2 pounds so knew I was going to weigh in and did not want to do green menu, so did not eat breakfast for 2 days and I took weight off. That is why I maintained.

Patzi

skelley331
05-29-2013, 09:20 AM
I weighed in and stayed the same, still 5 pounds under goal.. I went up on my scale over 2 pounds so knew I was going to weigh in and did not want to do green menu, so did not eat breakfast for 2 days and I took weight off. That is why I maintained.

Patzi

Awesome Patzi you do so well. :carrot:

Tamikl
05-29-2013, 07:19 PM

Patzi

Well, I disagree to an extent with Skelley in that skipping meals to me for the benefit of a WI isn't what maintenance should be about. If I resort to doing that, just means I am making poor choices with other meals. Patzi...you KNOW what an inspiration you are and have always been to me. This, however doesn't sound like Patzi...I feel sad that you would resort to this option to keep your weight down:(. I believe you can do it without doing this...and you have shown that! Your motivation is what worries me...so please know I am here for u....eating on the green menu is healthier than skipping meals:))

No more scale for Tami. I am going to WI weekly with my counselor for a while. The scale doesn't motivate me...it emotionally wears me out daily. This is working against me in all kinds of ways...but this will also be a challenge for me. It is certainly a journey we are all on, isn't it:)

skelley331
05-29-2013, 09:41 PM
Well, I disagree to an extent with Skelley in that skipping meals to me for the benefit of a WI isn't what maintenance should be about. If I resort to doing that, just means I am making poor choices with other meals. Patzi...you KNOW what an inspiration you are and have always been to me. This, however doesn't sound like Patzi...I feel sad that you would resort to this option to keep your weight down:(. I believe you can do it without doing this...and you have shown that! Your motivation is what worries me...so please know I am here for u....eating on the green menu is healthier than skipping meals:))

No more scale for Tami. I am going to WI weekly with my counselor for a while. The scale doesn't motivate me...it emotionally wears me out daily. This is working against me in all kinds of ways...but this will also be a challenge for me. It is certainly a journey we are all on, isn't it:)

Tami,
Even though you disagree with me and what Patzi did, she felt that was best for her. I have stopped MRC because they got me to my goal then after that the maintenance is pretty much what you make of it, its all a scam of going back to the green menu, or buying more supplements, or HNS's, they don't tell you at the beginning how hard it is to maintain and that in order to do so you can only eat per plan and eat certain foods. I followed the diet cure and I maintain with in 2 lbs of my goal weight and I eat whatever I want in portions, have no cravings for carbs/sweets, etc. It was all about getting my body back in balance chemically. Now i'm reading the intuitive eating and it's amazing. I no longer weigh myself, I don't count calories, nor do I go to the center and haven't for over a month and have yet to receive a call from the center asking why. I feel great, have all kind of energy!! MRC was a fast way to lose weight and inches but after I got done all the cravings came back. I hope everyone finds their way to maintain because I'm not dieting anymore and don't have to. I could have saved myself a whole lot of money if I would have read and known about The Diet Cure. Goodluck to all! PS:its nothing personal just my opinion, we are all here to help and support. :hug:

patzi
05-29-2013, 10:57 PM
Tami..

I did not make poor choices in eating to have to go without breakfast.. Just having a very difficult time with maintenance lately, and did not want to do the green menu to get it down, and two pounds for me is a lot of weight and there is no reason for me to have gained it. This is what is so frustrating. I have done so well, and all of a sudden, weight comes on, so I am not able to handle maintenance as I should. I could understand if I went out to eat it may be the salt, or if I binged, or ate wrong foods, but that is not the case. I know eating on green menu is healthier than skipping meals, but it was just the idea of doing the green menu again. I hope I am making sense here.
Skipping breakfast for anyone is nto a good thing, and I do not recommend it, but for me, it was something I had to do and did it. It worked for me and me only. I have been on maintenance for 3 years and I am so sick of green menu.

I am frustrated and have to find a way to make this work for me. I don't mind gaining weight if I eat out or try new foods and they do not agree with my eating, but to eat well and gain it is really getting the best of me.

Patzi

Going4Fit
05-30-2013, 04:56 AM
Tami I see your point and think it's brave that you stepped out to say that we shouldn't have to skip meals to make weigh-in goals on maintenance. I was sad when I read that as well. I can see your concern and caring for patzi in what you wrote.

Patzi I think you made it clear that you're equally frustrated that this is what it has come to for you! I think you were also brave to be honest about the extreme steps you are taking to maintain your weight. I failed miserably at it and it helps me to see that others fight so hard for it. I wonder, since you've maintained for so long and have just started having trouble, could it truly be a hormone thing beginning for you?

Hugs to you all. Personally I am struggling big time right now, dealing with self-sabotage and the like. I'm not giving up, but I'm weary from the fight. I'm struggling with how ugly I feel since gaining so much weight back so quickly - I'm wanting to skip church and avoid social engagements because I don't want people to see how quickly I've gained the weight back and talk about me. I can't fit into any of the nice new clothes that I had bought for the new me. I'm back in my "fat" clothes, which is very hard on my self-esteem.

I bought the amino acids recommended in The Diet Cure for the damage done by low calorie dieting. I am working on getting the courage to give them a try. I guess I'm scared that I can't be fixed and I'm destined to either eat on green menu forever, or be stuck in this body that I can't stand. I feel selfish for thinking that way - I know people struggle with much worse things in their lives. Just being honest.

skelley331
05-30-2013, 12:08 PM
Tami I see your point and think it's brave that you stepped out to say that we shouldn't have to skip meals to make weigh-in goals on maintenance. I was sad when I read that as well. I can see your concern and caring for patzi in what you wrote.

Patzi I think you made it clear that you're equally frustrated that this is what it has come to for you! I think you were also brave to be honest about the extreme steps you are taking to maintain your weight. I failed miserably at it and it helps me to see that others fight so hard for it. I wonder, since you've maintained for so long and have just started having trouble, could it truly be a hormone thing beginning for you?

Hugs to you all. Personally I am struggling big time right now, dealing with self-sabotage and the like. I'm not giving up, but I'm weary from the fight. I'm struggling with how ugly I feel since gaining so much weight back so quickly - I'm wanting to skip church and avoid social engagements because I don't want people to see how quickly I've gained the weight back and talk about me. I can't fit into any of the nice new clothes that I had bought for the new me. I'm back in my "fat" clothes, which is very hard on my self-esteem.

I bought the amino acids recommended in The Diet Cure for the damage done by low calorie dieting. I am working on getting the courage to give them a try. I guess I'm scared that I can't be fixed and I'm destined to either eat on green menu forever, or be stuck in this body that I can't stand. I feel selfish for thinking that way - I know people struggle with much worse things in their lives. Just being honest.

Going4fit: Please do not beat yourself up, I feel we have all been led down the wrong path. Have faith that you are strong and can fight this. We just have to find the right way. In the book Intuitive Eating it explains how our negative thoughts towards ourselves even causes us to sabotage our way of thinking of food. We have to learn to let our bodies tell us what to eat and when to eat. We have been brainwashed to eat three meals a day, what to eat, how much to eat that we have become robots to the diet society and it's time to take back control of our bodies and our minds. I'm not comparing myself to anyone else anymore. I'm 5'7, 57 yrs old, medium frame and MRC told me I needed to get to 148 lbs, I never could, I lost 29 1/4" but it's all come back after I started the maintenance, i'm maintaining at 160-162 and have now for five weeks and you know what, I eat ice cream, cake, whatever I want but it's in moderation, I have no desire to eat a whole cake, or tub of ice cream. My body is getting back in balance thanks to The Diet Cure and i'm now content. I can't be 128lbs like I was in high school or 148 lbs like I was 20 yrs ago. But at 160-162lbs I wear size 8-10 in pants (was 14-16), I wear skinny jeans and look great! Goodluck to everyone, i'll be under the forum The Diet Cure from now on. Hope to see you there. :carrot::carrot::carrot:

patzi
05-30-2013, 04:38 PM
I wish everyone that is having a difficult time the best of luck. This will all work it's way out for each of us, in different ways..

One of my buddys called me the other day relative maintenance. She is going on 3 years and first time since maintenance she went on a binge like she has never been on before. It actually frightened her.. She ate everything in site all day long, candy, chips, cookies,trail mix, icecream, etc. to the point she became very ill.This went on all day and into night. She actually went to store and bought all this stuff. She said it was like she was possessed . But she did it, why she does not know, but started back on sensible eating, and back to maintenance. She was glad she could talk about it, as she felt terrible that she would do that, but I told her she did it, it is over and go on. Everyone makes mistakes one way or the other,

Each one is different, I guess and hope we can inspire each other.

I never had a binge like this, has anyone else? I know she is under mega stress, but she has been like that for a year.

Patzi

Tamikl
05-30-2013, 06:34 PM
I am sorry Patzi if it sounded like I was judging you. By no means was that my intent. I am no stranger to experiencing struggles with maintenance...so relate quite well to frustrations with it as well as that dreaded green menu. On the other hand, I KNOW that I am carb sensitive..and I have learned that on days I eat higher protein and healthy fats, I do real well. Why? I don't know..but what I am beginning to maybe slowly accept is that the green menu works...and while in maintenance I can make it work for me. Tweek it to work to be something I can live within. Make sense? I mean, my husband and I had a heart to heart when I was having a recent "melt down" and his confirming to me that I have been fighting that menu and why? If it works and keeps my weight down, why fight it? My reality might just be that I will need to be careful with carb consumption for the rest of my life...so be it. Fighting this reality has led me to binge before, gain weight, white knuckling temptations, melt downs emotionally, etc...I think it would just be better to being willing to accept it. My body likes protein better than carbs even if my mind disagrees! Lol

Anyways, I continue to want to be there for you all, and apologize if I ever offend. Please know that is never my intention...ever:)

patzi
05-30-2013, 07:29 PM
Tami...
I was not offended at all. Funny, I was talking to hubby today and I was talking about the green menu and he said it got you thru 3 years, why change.. So, I will keep on it tweaking here and there, and being free when I go out to eat, but within reason. I never over indulge when I go out, so that is what I am going to do. Consultant told me she does green menu mostly during week and eats wider on weekends..

I,too , need higher protein, less carbs. That works for me, so I don't know why I just don't follow it.

I know what you mean about meltdown.. I have been there, but feel better now..

Good luck to you . And thanks for yours and everyone's continued support.

Patzi

Going4Fit
05-31-2013, 02:13 AM
I wish everyone that is having a difficult time the best of luck. This will all work it's way out for each of us, in different ways..

One of my buddys called me the other day relative maintenance. She is going on 3 years and first time since maintenance she went on a binge like she has never been on before. It actually frightened her.. She ate everything in site all day long, candy, chips, cookies,trail mix, icecream, etc. to the point she became very ill.This went on all day and into night. She actually went to store and bought all this stuff. She said it was like she was possessed . But she did it, why she does not know, but started back on sensible eating, and back to maintenance. She was glad she could talk about it, as she felt terrible that she would do that, but I told her she did it, it is over and go on. Everyone makes mistakes one way or the other,

Each one is different, I guess and hope we can inspire each other.

I never had a binge like this, has anyone else? I know she is under mega stress, but she has been like that for a year.

Patzi
Yes! This is exactly what I've been doing. I do feel absolutely DRIVEN to overeat. I was never like this before MRC. I had a poor diet before, obviously, which is how I got up to 183 lbs. But I didn't binge and make myself sick like I do now.

I go back to eating right but can't undo the damage nearly as quickly as I put it on. Binge cycles are getting longer and the healthy eating cycles shorter.

skelley331
05-31-2013, 11:56 AM
Yes! This is exactly what I've been doing. I do feel absolutely DRIVEN to overeat. I was never like this before MRC. I had a poor diet before, obviously, which is how I got up to 183 lbs. But I didn't binge and make myself sick like I do now.

I go back to eating right but can't undo the damage nearly as quickly as I put it on. Binge cycles are getting longer and the healthy eating cycles shorter.

Going4fit: I was doing the same thing before I started The Diet Cure!!

Tamikl
05-31-2013, 03:41 PM
Hi ladies...

Regarding the binging...I can relate. My thought now is that I am only like that with foods I shouldn't be eating..."off program." Of course there is a reason that those foods shouldn't be a part of my daily menu...lol But, this also confirms for me that this is such a mental challenge. We aren't accepting this reality for ourselves, instead we are fighting it...which can lead to a "screw it mentality" and subsequent binge. I am speaking for myself...that is how I justify it when it happens. My counselor told me to view the green menu as not being on a diet, but rather just simply choosing to eat clean. She said that when she puts on weight after having a couple of days of eating whatever, she just tells herself that she will eat clean for a few days to take it off.

Eating clean....that is certainly a better way for me to look at it! No dieting anymore, just eating clean...with occasional fun. Maybe then we wouldn't feel deprived and resort to binging...I don't binge on eggs...lol'

Balance is key..don't deprive ourselves, just be willing to make adjustments as necessary. Change the way with THINK about this whole journey....

Anyways, helping me at the moment..and so is not weighing myself everyday:dizzy:

skelley331
05-31-2013, 09:55 PM
Hi ladies...

Regarding the binging...I can relate. My thought now is that I am only like that with foods I shouldn't be eating..."off program." Of course there is a reason that those foods shouldn't be a part of my daily menu...lol But, this also confirms for me that this is such a mental challenge. We aren't accepting this reality for ourselves, instead we are fighting it...which can lead to a "screw it mentality" and subsequent binge. I am speaking for myself...that is how I justify it when it happens. My counselor told me to view the green menu as not being on a diet, but rather just simply choosing to eat clean. She said that when she puts on weight after having a couple of days of eating whatever, she just tells herself that she will eat clean for a few days to take it off.

Eating clean....that is certainly a better way for me to look at it! No dieting anymore, just eating clean...with occasional fun. Maybe then we wouldn't feel deprived and resort to binging...I don't binge on eggs...lol'

Balance is key..don't deprive ourselves, just be willing to make adjustments as necessary. Change the way with THINK about this whole journey....

Anyways, helping me at the moment..and so is not weighing myself everyday:dizzy:s

Tamikl: that makes sense, I think we all have been so focused on being on a diet and feeling deprived that we always eat what we can't have so looking at the green menu as eating clean and then have fun food occasionally would make it easier easier think. We should be maintaining not dieting and that's as hat has been hard for me to grasp. Thanks for the input

patzi
06-02-2013, 01:17 PM
Hope all are having a nice weekend...

I noticed the regular forum for MRC followers is almost non existant.. I feel bad about that, as before I hit maintenance, that forum kept me on focus and I received so much help from it. Would not have made it without that crutch that I could use to go on and talk about the diet, etc.

I went on there a few times, and introduced myself, but the list has not really been active..

Patzi

skelley331
06-02-2013, 04:43 PM
yeah patzi I know what you mean, it's like everyone has disappeared!
I have decided to go back to my center Wednesday, i'm so out of wack from reading so many different things and trying different ways to maintain I need to get focused again. I need to lose about 7lbs to get back to my goal weight. I've decided to jump back to the green menu thru the week and have some fun foods on the weekends. I know i'll never be able to not eat off plan so this way if I do good all week I can enjoy something extra on the weekends. Does this make sense?:carrot:

rwquilts
06-02-2013, 05:00 PM
I just looked up the date on my first check and I signed up on June 10, 2012 and I plan to visit my center on the 10th and maybe take a nice veggie tray for the staff as a thank you to them. I'm still holding my own at 8 lbs under goal and happy as can be.

Going4Fit
06-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Congrats rwquilts, one year and under goal weight! That's really encouraging.

I know my experience is not the same as everyone elses, but I also know I'm not alone. Look at this article that came to my inbox just a few days ago:
Binge Eating: Why You Can't Stop Overeating (http://www.builtlean.com/2013/05/27/binge-eating/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=binge&utm_campaign=weekly+newsletter&inf_contact_key=919c3d0391956b9065b17859378717d736 2aed2b2eb023b4484f52565f628869)
The article says it's an epidemic in America, and explains exactly what happens, but that's it - no advice on how to overcome it.

I did a search on this forum for The Diet Cure, hoping to find other people talking about it besides just the few of us here in the MRC section and stumbled upon this thread:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/271290-binging-cant-stop.html]Binging and can't stop (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/271290-binging-cant-stop.html)
Wow! That lady did a low-cal high protein diet just like me on MRC. She stuck with it 100% for longer than any other diet she'd tried, just like me. She got to a lower weight then she'd ever been, just like me. Then after phasing into maintenance she's been struggling with binges, just like me.

I can promise you I did not look at the way I learned to eat on the green menu as a diet - I told myself again and again that this was a lifestyle choice and that I would always prepare these healthy foods for myself. I was thankful for all the healthy choices and options I had, thankful that I always felt full and satisfied, and I didn't allow myself to think of this plan as restrictive because these healthy choices freed me from the fat and gave me the body I'd always wanted.

The problem is I should be able to eat at someone else's house when invited without bringing my own food or declining what they've prepared. I should be able to enjoy a piece of cake at a wedding or birthday party. These are events that occur only once a week or less. Yet every time I've eaten off plan, even if I was careful with my portions or declined the dessert and bread, etc., it has turned into a binge. Each and every time. How can it be a willpower or mental thing when I stuck with MRC so faithfully and for so long? Something is wrong.

Chapter 2 in The Diet Cure, "Malnutrition Due to Low-Calorie Dieting" has a section on Rebound Overeating: The Dieter Becomes a Food Addict. This is me. I'm praying her directions for amino acid therapy will heal the damage I've done. Otherwise apparently I will have to have a dieters mentality forever, and not ever be able to enjoy maintenance.

nwcgina
06-02-2013, 11:32 PM
I've contemplated posting anything, but I see a lot of people struggling and wanted to share my experience. If it can help anyone that is great. If you all think I'm batty you wouldn't be the first:) All the talk of binges is what is prompting me to post.

I think I mentioned before that the beginning of March I read intuitive eating and completely began shifting my feelings on weight and eating. It's not an easy road. It's like the reverse of dieting. A good "diet" you will lose weight quickly (but statistically, 95% of people gain it back). The IE method people often gain weight at the beginning as they are experimenting with foods and giving themselves permission to eat again. That can be very discouraging and I think people often quit before they fully grasp what IE is all about.

I had been at my goal weight on maintenance for about 9 months when I started to gain...rapidly. I was trying, trying, trying to follow maintenance or go back on one of the MRC menus but I kept doing the binge/restrict cycle. (2 reasons biologically...one is our hunger hormones go into overdrive after restricting calories and carbs and two is once you do feed the body it stores the fat...thank you, ancestors). Anyhow, I was getting so discouraged when my sister introduced me to IE (it had the promise of losing weight, which is actually counter to the process). So I started. I did gain a bit of weight the first month as I made no food off limits...but (if you follow listening to your body) you start to realize food isn't as crazy fun. It is good in small amounts, but the binging that leads you to feel awful is awful. But most people at that point go back to a "diet"...so they engage in "last supper" eating (one last binge)...but eventually the binges get more frequent. At this point people tend to either gain or begin eating disorder type behaviors. The book completely resonated with me.

So I dove in. I did gain a few pounds that first month, but my weight has now stabilized. Or I should say my size. I put away the scale the day I started. The ups and downs were not doing me no good. I have stepped on it once out of curiousity...I had a guess as to my weight and I was right, and I was okay with it. Still a healthy weight for my body frame.

Even if you don't end up following it, I think it's a good read and thought provoking. there are some other related books I want to read.

skelley331
06-03-2013, 09:53 AM
I've contemplated posting anything, but I see a lot of people struggling and wanted to share my experience. If it can help anyone that is great. If you all think I'm batty you wouldn't be the first:) All the talk of binges is what is prompting me to post.

I think I mentioned before that the beginning of March I read intuitive eating and completely began shifting my feelings on weight and eating. It's not an easy road. It's like the reverse of dieting. A good "diet" you will lose weight quickly (but statistically, 95% of people gain it back). The IE method people often gain weight at the beginning as they are experimenting with foods and giving themselves permission to eat again. That can be very discouraging and I think people often quit before they fully grasp what IE is all about.

I had been at my goal weight on maintenance for about 9 months when I started to gain...rapidly. I was trying, trying, trying to follow maintenance or go back on one of the MRC menus but I kept doing the binge/restrict cycle. (2 reasons biologically...one is our hunger hormones go into overdrive after restricting calories and carbs and two is once you do feed the body it stores the fat...thank you, ancestors). Anyhow, I was getting so discouraged when my sister introduced me to IE (it had the promise of losing weight, which is actually counter to the process). So I started. I did gain a bit of weight the first month as I made no food off limits...but (if you follow listening to your body) you start to realize food isn't as crazy fun. It is good in small amounts, but the binging that leads you to feel awful is awful. But most people at that point go back to a "diet"...so they engage in "last supper" eating (one last binge)...but eventually the binges get more frequent. At this point people tend to either gain or begin eating disorder type behaviors. The book completely resonated with me.

So I dove in. I did gain a few pounds that first month, but my weight has now stabilized. Or I should say my size. I put away the scale the day I started. The ups and downs were not doing me no good. I have stepped on it once out of curiousity...I had a guess as to my weight and I was right, and I was okay with it. Still a healthy weight for my body frame.

Even if you don't end up following it, I think it's a good read and thought provoking. there are some other related books I want to read.

nwcgina:
I too have just finished Intuitive Eating, I read The Diet Cure also, I was doing pretty good with the amino acids but i'm really wanting to get off taking so many supplements. My problem is after doing MRC my mind set is eat with the hour I awake, mid am snack, lunch, mid afternoon snack, dinner. How do you really know when your body is hungry? I'm trying to figure out how to Start IE? How did you begin? Any advise would be appreciated. Oh also I am a scale aholic, I weigh every morning faithfully and I need to stop. :?:

nwcgina
06-07-2013, 06:45 PM
skelley
Great questions. And there's not really a wrong way or right way. But if you've been dieting for a while it is hard to really listen to your hunger. In the book they suggest if you aren't feeling hunger signals to eat every 3-4 hours until your body gets used to eating again. I find that if I truly feed my body at meal times I eat mainly my 3 main meals, sometimes a mid morning snack if I had an early morning and usually a small mid afternoon snack. I'm learning what fills me. I'm learning it's not nearly as much as I ever thought I would and if I'm really listening to hunger I don't binge (that's mindless eating, which the book teaches you how not to do...) But I also need more than what most restrictive eating plans suggest.

For the scale, I just had to quit mine cold turkey. I'd tried doing it once a week but that still didn't work the greatest. I packed it in the bottom of a tote with old diet books (that I will some day burn). Today I threw away a lot of my old weigh in and diet tracking sheets (it took me months to get to the point where I felt like I was ready to do that).

I haven't read the diet cure yet, so I'm not sure the amino acid supplementation stuff...but all the essential amino acids you need are found in eggs (best total protein source)...only if you don't eat any animal sources of protein can you sometimes lack amino acids...but even then you can balance it. Like I said, I don't know anything about the book, but I know my amino acids:)

Tamikl
06-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Hello ladies...just wanted to let you all know that I am still here!! Also, that I have given up the scale except for once a week WI....and I am LOVING it!! I hope this doesn't come back to bite me later:( In the meantime, my stress level is the lowest it has been in this journey!

Hope all are well...as we all keep plucking along...

Have a great weekend of healthy eating!

patzi
06-09-2013, 09:47 AM
Wishing everyone a great weekend.. A stress free, diet weekend for all of us.

Patzi

skelley331
06-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Hi everyone! I had a awesome stress free weekend. I haven't weighed myself for over a week. I'm loving this new way of life!!! so thankful for all of the support I get here.

Going4Fit
06-11-2013, 03:37 AM
I'm still here too. Been reading the Brain Over Binge book that someone recommended in that other thread I linked to earlier. Good stuff.

10 days back on plan. No weigh-in. At least that's one thing I don't struggle with!

skelley331
06-11-2013, 02:28 PM
I'm still here too. Been reading the Brain Over Binge book that someone recommended in that other thread I linked to earlier. Good stuff.

10 days back on plan. No weigh-in. At least that's one thing I don't struggle with!

Hey i'm so glad to see your post. I'm still not following the plan, but i'm doing the IE (Intuitive Eating) I eat only when i'm hungry, stop when i'm full and it seems to be working. At the beginning I gained 8lbs but it's slowly coming off. I don't think about food anymore. I weigh in once a week. Still in my size 8 and 10 pants, have gained some inches back but I feel really good. I'm waiting to see where my natural body weight ends up. Keep posting and good luck. :carrot:

Going4Fit
06-11-2013, 08:29 PM
I also bought "Intuitive Eating", as well as "How to Have Your Cake and Your Skinny Jeans Too" which touts: Stop Binge Eating, Overeating and Dieting For Good and Get the Naturally Thin Body You Crave From the Inside Out. Many reviews for that book say that it was a helpful read after reading IE. So it's in the queue. Still trying to get all the way through The Diet Cure too. Meanwhile, I don't struggle with cravings when on plan, so that's what I've gone back to. I have 20+ pounds to lose to get back to goal weight.

skelley331
06-11-2013, 09:50 PM
I also bought "Intuitive Eating", as well as "How to Have Your Cake and Your Skinny Jeans Too" which touts: Stop Binge Eating, Overeating and Dieting For Good and Get the Naturally Thin Body You Crave From the Inside Out. Many reviews for that book say that it was a helpful read after reading IE. So it's in the queue. Still trying to get all the way through The Diet Cure too. Meanwhile, I don't struggle with cravings when on plan, so that's what I've gone back to. I have 20+ pounds to lose to get back to goal weight.

Are you small bone? You're 5'8 and your goal weight is 123 but I believe you are a lot younger than me. I'm 5'7 and I got down to 152 and everyone told me I looked sick. I'm 57 but I am med bone. did you gain back your inches also? My 8 lbs was around my mid section mostly and I gained 2 inches at my waist. I've since lost 2 lbs but inches aren't coming off yet. I just started back exercising because it makes me feel good not in order to eat more. When you say you went back on plan are you doing the green menu and the supplements?

MarleneV
06-12-2013, 01:40 AM
I just completed the 4 week stabilization program, excited to now be on maintenance. :D. I have done well with the week 4 plan, and my coach says I can continue to use that if I want for a framework of what to do.

Since I've not had cravings on plan, and reading what some of you have been struggling with, I think I'm going to do that. We did have my daughter's graduation party this weekend, and I had some pretzels & a few tortilla chips, but counted the calories in my starch allowance and did fine.

Anyway, just wanted to share!

skelley331
06-12-2013, 07:09 AM
Congratulations Marlene, that's great that you still do not have the cravings, for some of us as you have probably read on here the cravings came back. I was on maintenance for 3 months and then all of a sudden my cravings crept back and I still don't know why.

skelley331
06-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Okay, I've decided to go back to my MRC Center tomorrow, I've been doing good on the IE way of eating so far, but my problem seems to be inches, i'm thick around my mid section and i'm not sure if it's stress or what. I was taking cortitrim and mrc6 while I was on plan and it seemed to really help so i'm going to try using it again and see if it does make a difference. goodluck to everyone out there. :carrot::carrot:

Going4Fit
06-14-2013, 12:24 AM
I just completed the 4 week stabilization program, excited to now be on maintenance. :D. I have done well with the week 4 plan, and my coach says I can continue to use that if I want for a framework of what to do.

Since I've not had cravings on plan, and reading what some of you have been struggling with, I think I'm going to do that. We did have my daughter's graduation party this weekend, and I had some pretzels & a few tortilla chips, but counted the calories in my starch allowance and did fine.

Welcome to maintenance Marlene! Congratulations on your achievement! :bravo:

Going4Fit
06-14-2013, 12:42 AM
Are you small bone? You're 5'8 and your goal weight is 123 but I believe you are a lot younger than me. I'm 5'7 and I got down to 152 and everyone told me I looked sick. I'm 57 but I am med bone. did you gain back your inches also? My 8 lbs was around my mid section mostly and I gained 2 inches at my waist. I've since lost 2 lbs but inches aren't coming off yet. I just started back exercising because it makes me feel good not in order to eat more. When you say you went back on plan are you doing the green menu and the supplements?
Hi skelley - in my avatar picture I am at that 123 lb weight that I reached by the time I finished stabilization. Hard to see in such a small pic, but I don't think I look unhealthy or too thin at all. However, 123 lbs wasn't my ultimate goal - that was my weight with all the fat off. The next step was to build up to ten pounds of muscle, putting me over 130 lbs. The weight training I think is what sort of started my downhill slide. I found it very difficult and discouraging (was trying to do it on my own). Self esteem went down with each visit to the gym. I have a friend who is going to split a couples training package with a personal trainer with me. So I'll be giving it another try.

Anyway, I hate to admit this, but I actually am on the MetaBoost 30 day plan right now. The center had finally called me and begged me to come back in after I broke down in tears on the phone. They said I could use my maintenance time for weeks back on program and would give me the MetaBoost menu for free to give me a jumpstart. (We all know it's not really as generous as it sounds considering how much I then had to pay for all the supplements that are required). I did two weeks perfectly on plan, began binge eating again for no apparent reason at all, gained back all that I'd lost and more, and forced myself to restart June 1st. This time with some of the amino acid supplements from the Diet Cure, and some of the mental knowledge from Brain over Binge. I'm feeling fairly encouraged right now. Information is power.

MarleneV
06-14-2013, 01:43 AM
Thanks skelley and Going4fit. It feels good to be here.

Although I was a bit jealous this evening at dinner... Went out with a group of people, not my choice of restaurant. I ordered Caesar salad with chicken, dressing on the side. The guys on either side of me ordered the breaded veal piccata I really wanted... But when we were done, I didn't have that guilty feeling. Plus it was rewarding to see some of the people there who haven't seen me in at least a few months, and see how I look now.

Glad to see both of you back on track. Good luck to you both, looking forward to hearing of your success!

skelley331
06-14-2013, 02:02 PM
Has anyone done the LipoB injections? My Center is going to start offering them first wk of july, I guess they are suppose to be awesome, you only do 8 shots. Just curious. I went in yesterday and got some HNS's , I love the peach mango over crushed ice and it's a good protein supplement. I've been doing the IE way of eating and so far I've lost 4 lbs this week. Keep posting everyone.

Going4Fit: I've been trying to do some weight training but can't seem to stick with it. I'm muscular anyway so I feel pretty good about the way I look so far. A little loose skin on my arms but I think that has to do with my age LOL! Glad to hear you are making progress and doing the amino acids, I think that's what helped me. I have no more cravings and i'm not taking the amino acids anymore, just multivitamin, EFA and fish oil. :carrot::carrot:

patzi
06-15-2013, 07:13 PM

Nice to meet you... I have been on maintenance for three years. Glad your stabilization is going well..

Patzi...

patzi
06-18-2013, 04:08 PM
Board is quiet. Hope all are ok..

I weighed in and stayed the same.. 5 pounds under goal, so am happy with that.

Have a great day.

Patzi

skelley331
06-18-2013, 09:10 PM
Board is quiet. Hope all are ok..

I weighed in and stayed the same.. 5 pounds under goal, so am happy with that.

Have a great day.

Patzi

Yes it's been really quiet! I have been posting on the Intuitive Eating forum. I've been doing that along with MRC and it's working out great.

Momof2gr8ones
06-19-2013, 06:38 PM
Hi! I'm new to this... I started stabilization 2 1/2 weeks ago. (I'm looking forward to Friday when I get to add ack in fats... I miss peanut butter!!!) I just got pictures from my step-daughter's wedding last October... I don't even recognize myself!

patzi
06-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Hi! I'm new to this... I started stabilization 2 1/2 weeks ago. (I'm looking forward to Friday when I get to add ack in fats... I miss peanut butter!!!) I just got pictures from my step-daughter's wedding last October... I don't even recognize myself!

Hi...
Congrats on getting to stabilization..My name is Patzi and I have been on maintenance 3 years.

Wishing you all the best on the rest of your challenge and welcome.

Patzi

patzi
06-20-2013, 11:49 AM
Hi...
I had picked up a chocolate and vanilla Meal replacement shake so I could have in event if needed.. Well, they have been reformulated and are gluten free and are HORRIBLE. That is my opinion, but I could not get one down as it tasted like chalk. Plus they are up to $25.00. They went up in price.

I thought the old shakes were 35 grams of protein, these are 16 grams , which is a heck of a difference for a replacement.

Also sugar was previously 2 grams I believe, sugar in the vanilla is 10 grams.

Just thought I would report my findings on these. I rarely use these, thank goodness.
Patzi

Going4Fit
06-20-2013, 01:01 PM

Hi Momof2gr8ones! I loved stabilization and adding back the foods! Peanut butter was my fat of choice too :lol: For a real treat, I would warm up one tablespoon and drizzle it over one of the dbl. choc. puddings. But I also loved it by itself just fine! My husband saw me eating a spoonful and gave me a weird look - I was like "Hey, I haven't peanut butter in six months!"

For fat variety, I also enjoyed adding olives and sour cream to the MRC taco chili. That meal got really wonderful with those additions, and with the now allowed corn as well!

Congratulations on your weight loss achievement and best of luck to you as you begin the world of maintenance!

Going4Fit
06-20-2013, 01:10 PM
Patzi, my center recently announced new chocolate and vanilla drink mixes that are to be used the same as the meal replacement bars and are not the same as the very high protein chocolate and vanilla shake mixes, which they still sell. Is it possible they sold you the wrong thing?

MarleneV
06-20-2013, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the welcome Patzi! So far so good here on maintenance. sounds like you have been successful long-term with this. That is great to hear.

Marlene

patzi
06-21-2013, 08:49 AM
Patzi, my center recently announced new chocolate and vanilla drink mixes that are to be used the same as the meal replacement bars and are not the same as the very high protein chocolate and vanilla shake mixes, which they still sell. Is it possible they sold you the wrong thing?

It says on box meal replacement drink mix . I wonder if anyone has bought the new boxes? If so, please let me know what it says on back for protein . I will call my center and ask about that and report back.

Patzi

patzi
06-21-2013, 01:57 PM
Data I gave yourelative the new meal replacement shakes, is true. I thought maybe the boxes were mislabeled. Sad, but true.

Patzi

Momof2gr8ones
07-01-2013, 12:12 AM
This weekend has been hard... I need to start journaling, bc I don't think I'm getting all of my foods in. Any suggestions besides pen/paper?

patzi
07-01-2013, 08:19 AM
This weekend has been hard... I need to start journaling, bc I don't think I'm getting all of my foods in. Any suggestions besides pen/paper?

I have this small spiral notebook I keep on me at all times. After 3 years on maintenance I still journal every day. I have a friend that does her journaling online with Fitness.Pal or something like that.

Patzi

Going4Fit
07-01-2013, 08:03 PM
I finished the 30 day Meta Boost plan through the month of June with no issues - 100% on plan. Though it was boring, I was a little disturbed at how easy it was. Anyway, the numbers on the scale are moving slowly but I'm definitely seeing my body get back to maintenance form. That's a relief. I'm doing Meta Quick for a three days as a transition and to use up a box of Vanilla Meal Replacement Shakes that I had won and never found a use for when I was in maintenance. Discovered today that I really like the vanilla shakes mixed with the Wild Berry HNS.

skelley331
07-01-2013, 09:51 PM
I finished the 30 day Meta Boost plan through the month of June with no issues - 100% on plan. Though it was boring, I was a little disturbed at how easy it was. Anyway, the numbers on the scale are moving slowly but I'm definitely seeing my body get back to maintenance form. That's a relief. I'm doing Meta Quick for a three days as a transition and to use up a box of Vanilla Meal Replacement Shakes that I had won and never found a use for when I was in maintenance. Discovered today that I really like the vanilla shakes mixed with the Wild Berry HNS.

I'm so happy for you that you have made it thru the meta boost, I've not heard of that plan. I go Wednesday for my physical to start the Lipo B12 injections for 8 wks. They are suppose to be awesome so i'll let you know how it goes. I will start my first injection on the 11th.

Going4Fit
07-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Yeah, MyFitnessPal.com is what I used. There is an app to go along with it so if you have a smartphone you can always have access to it. It syncs with the website.

patzi
07-02-2013, 08:57 AM
I have never heard of Meta Boost either..

Patzi

Going4Fit
07-02-2013, 05:31 PM
skelley and Patzi, if you've been following this thread you may remember Tamikl posting about doing a 30 day plan to get back to maintenance weight. Look on page 4 for her first post about it. I had assumed at the time it was the MetaBoost plan, since it's the 30 day plan advertised at my center, but of course I don't know for certain.

Anyway, I felt terribly guilty about starting it, since she had posted that though she got results, they came at a terrible price. But since I had regained half of my weight loss already I felt quite desperate. I didn't turn out to have any trouble being on the plan, though it is extremely limited and did get a little boring. I did make sure to buy and take ALL of the required supplements listed on the plan, glucose formula being most important I think, and I learned from my experience on green menu to also take iron (plant based - more expensive but more easily absorbed by body) and iodine supplements as well.

No problems with low blood pressure and feeling faint/dizziness this time. Although I did not attempt exercise while on this plan, but I don't believe it is advised either. (I didn't opt out of physical stuff when the opportunities arose - still kept up with the kiddos and stuff. Just didn't do intentional exercise like stationary bike or my Jillian Michael's DVD's).

patzi
07-02-2013, 07:04 PM
Going4Fit..

Thanks for information.

Patzi

skelley331
07-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Oh okay, I think you can buy that on their website! Thanks for letting us know.

Hope everyone has a Great 4th of July, we are going to Louisville, ky for four days to watch our oldest grandson (15) play baseball with his traveling team. Pretty excited to be able to watch him play.
Be safe and have fun!!!

Going4Fit
07-03-2013, 12:13 AM
Oh okay, I think you can buy that on their website! Thanks for letting us know.

Hope everyone has a Great 4th of July, we are going to Louisville, ky for four days to watch our oldest grandson (15) play baseball with his traveling team. Pretty excited to be able to watch him play.
Be safe and have fun!!!

I almost included the information about the Majic plan from the website because I had assumed it was the same, but now that I actually have the MetaBoost plan I can see that it is not (based on what the on-line kit says is included when you click on "ingredients").

Have a safe and happy 4th skelley - how fun to get to do a mini vacation and enjoy your grandson!

patzi
07-03-2013, 01:19 AM
Weighed in today and gained 1/2 pound putting me at 4 1/2 pounds under goal.

Patzi