Weight Loss Support - New Challenge! 4/30/03 - 5/30/03

View Full Version : New Challenge! 4/30/03 - 5/30/03

Gennel
04-30-2003, 10:42 PM
,Medium ,large or extra large we all have the same problems pretty much. Support is here when you need it! Join our 4 week challenge. The challenge is to challenge yourself! We weigh in every saturday and post our loss for the week and I will edit the chart. Just post how many pounds you would like to lose in 4 weeks and I will add your name to the list!

Gen...Goal.... to maintain weightloss 130 lbs

gigglez..Goal 6 lbs

wishmeluck130lbs..Goal 4 lbs

Jen519..Goal 8 lbs

Yoyomom..Goal 4 lbs

PalmBay Granny...Goal.. 4 lbs

Shimmers ..Goal 6 lbs

Mark&Ivy'smom..Goal 8 lbs

purduegirl..Goal 5 lbs

Appleblossom...Goal 6 lbs

Laney1733..Goal 8 lbs

Kina ..Goal 6 lbs

plb112467..Goal 9 lbs

AngieMe..Goal 5 lbs

bobsgal..Goal 8 lbs

gigglez
04-30-2003, 11:51 PM
Ok, I am in. However I will be doin my weigh in on Thurs due to work schedule. Right now I am at 196 and I want to make to at least 190 by the end of four weeks. I know that we all can do this with each others support.

sandy

wishmeluck130lbs
05-01-2003, 12:03 AM
Can i be in too? I want to lose 4 pounds by the end of the 4 weeks :) I hope i can do it if not then at least stay the same lol...

Gennel
05-01-2003, 12:17 AM
Welcome, gigglez and wishmeluck130lbs! You are both roughly the same starting weight I was when I decided to just do this!
You can and you will do this if you want to. There is no other way to say it. I started at 194 lbs ,it took me 8 months but it happened and I got to 129 lbs.Then stayed at 130 lbs It's not easy by no way! It's still a battle at times to make the right choices and it's all about choices we make. Maintaining can be just as hard or even harder to do . But the fact is once you get to goal you will feel so damn good that you will deffinately want to do whatever to maintain. Walking,riding bike,join a gym and eat healthy as much as possible. If you fall ,remember to dust yourself off and get back up. I dont remember how many times I broke my diet. Ican tell you it was at least every other day I would eat something "bad" but I made sure I ate healthy at my next meal. I did that and still managed to lose 65 lbs. Now I maintained 64 lbs off.
There will be a group that will be joining us soon! I sent them a link and they are a great group of ladies. We all have our good days and our " I worked so hard all week and didnt lose a single pound!" yes I've had many of those too! There is no secret. The truth is just to NOT give up.
have a good night,
Gen

Yoyo Mom
05-01-2003, 12:19 AM
Put me in for another 4 pound goal.

I've been doing pretty well, but I haven't been 100% back in the groove yet. I need to get in gear. At least Spring is here and I have been doing that yard work!

Later,
-Deborah

Palm Bay, Granny
05-01-2003, 01:03 AM
Only 4 lbs this month. i'm not as confident as last month.:D But I'll be trying for more.

Venetia

shimmers
05-01-2003, 01:10 AM
Please count me in!
I finally got to the gym this morning, giving in to the realization that walking Kenji at night just wasn't enough. I'm ready to make it two days in a row with a May 1 workout to kick off the challenge.

Goal: 6 pounds
Goals: exercise 5x/week, 64 oz water per day, follow food plan
9/01 -- 306, 11/02 -- 240, current -- 254
some mile-marker goals -- 230, 199 and 150

Today
exercised (20 min. treadmill, 10 min. weights, 10 min stretch)
water 32 oz
on plan

See you tomorrow!
Shimmers

jen519
05-01-2003, 01:34 AM
I'm in again too. I'm vowing to actually WORK at losing this time. I've set my goal for 8 pounds and I know I can do it. Today was a pretty crappy start, but I'm REALLY starting tomorrow. I'm going to get up half an hour early and do one of my walking tapes. Get myself started right. Got to go to bed at a decent hour, though, so I'm off to get ready for the snoozefest.

Jen
238/227/140

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-01-2003, 01:42 AM
Can I join too?

Put me in for 8 pounds. I'm REALLY determined!!!! I CAN DO THIS!!!!!

P.S. I weigh in on Mondays though, is tht going ot be a problem?:?:

purduegirl
05-01-2003, 02:41 AM
Can I join in??
I want to get down to 143--that's 5 pounds.
Goals: Exercise 6x per week
Record everything that I eat--no exceptions

Apple Blossom
05-01-2003, 03:32 AM
Hi everyone. I was away for a while, and I'm back to my usual self. Ugghhh.
3 words.. Buca di Beppo. So its time to start swim suit shopping and lets see... 6 pounds for this challenge would be nice. I read all the posts I've missed and lurked around a bit, sounds like everyone is doing great. DH is back home pretty much for good so now I will have more opportunity for exercise, but food intake will become more difficult.
I'm starting out at 157, this months challenge goal 151, ultimate goal (fantasy) 130, ultimate goal (realistic) 140
Here we go!! Go for it ladies!!:strong:

laney1733
05-01-2003, 08:41 AM
Good morning everyone, newbies and veterans alike.:) I'm setting my goal at 8 pounds for this challenge because I really want to get under 150. That should be a hard one for me. I just bought new bras and undies at Victoria's SEcret and they're just a tad tight. That should be inspiring enough to get my butt in gear! Good luck to everyone! May the willpower be with you. TTFN,
Wanted to add, I started this challenge at 157. Goal is to be 149.

Kina
05-01-2003, 09:09 AM
Well some crazy things are happening over here at home but I won't let that get me down.

I love it this challenge is starting the same time as my own challenge is beginning. I had made a vow to start working hard at my weight as soon as the semester ended. Today is the last day of classes. It is not completely over but I can handle finals with a little exercise in between.

Well Gennel put me down for 6. I'd like to drop 10 lbs this summer and I have a little over 2 months to get it done.

So well wishes for a beautiful day to all of you.

Hugs & Smiles, Kina

plb112467
05-01-2003, 09:46 AM
All though I did not meet my 8 lb goal on the last challenge ( only 6 lbs), I think I will try for an even bigger number 9 lbs!! Because I weighed in at 199 this past week and I want to get this 9 off and be headed for the 180's!!!!

So I will give it my best to try to lose 9 lbs!

Mark&Ivy'sMom, I weigh in on Monday's too, cause my home computer died so I have to report in at work!! So don't worry about weighing in on Monday's; no problem!

Welcome to all the newbie's and good to you all of you from the last time around!:D

Let's get going and :strong: work off these pounds!

angieME
05-01-2003, 09:55 AM
I'm in. Put me down for 5 pounds this time. I have been walking my *** off lately. I want to get in as much walking as I can while it is still relatively cool. My starting weight is at 150 even.

Good Luck everyone!!! We can do this!!!

bobsgal
05-01-2003, 11:08 AM
I like to join in on this challenge as well. I just joined Curves this week and have gone religiously since Tuesday. My weigh in day is on Mondays as well. However my weigh day at Curves is the28th of each month. So, I'll report my weekly losses on Monday and my total monthly loss on the 28th. Hope that's ok. I'm starting at 278 lbs. I would like to lose 8 lbs for the challenge.
Steph

Gennel
05-01-2003, 11:18 AM
Welcome bobsgal. I entered you in the challenge. You can post your weigh in on Mondays , that is perfectly fine. I've never been to curves but I've heard only good things about it!

If you keep at it religously ,then you will see results very soon!

Gen

shimmers
05-01-2003, 07:07 PM
Happy Afternoon, Everyone!

I started the challenge right with the gym this morning. (20 min. treadmill, 10 weights, 10 stretches) So far I'm eating too many breads, argh, but working on plans for a good dinner with lots-o-veggies.

Broke out my journal which is its own saga -- exercise, mood, water consumption, food log. The first 100-page journal I every completed is still such a source of satisfaction, not to mention personal insight ... I just have to get back on it. (I've a whole shelf of 1/4 completed "feelings" journals) I like Fitday.com and use it every now and again, but the paper journal still has a heft and flippability and realness that I like.

Take care,
Shimmers

shimmers
05-01-2003, 07:09 PM
...okay, just gotta try a 20th post to see if that moves me from "Junior Member" to "Member" ... :">

wishmeluck130lbs
05-01-2003, 07:56 PM
I've been to the gym today i did 4 miles on the bike i'm doing pretty good...Great job to all of the rest...

angieME
05-01-2003, 08:07 PM
Hi Everyone!! Teach me to run my mouth!!! I have been saying how I haven't had a cold all winter and then I go and wake up this morning with a sore throat!! I did 45 minutes today but I doubt I will do anymore. I hate that because I always want to get in a full workout because I never have any idea what the next day holds. I am weird I know. HAHA I bought some sugar free popsycles today because I have been craving an orange one. I am not a popsycle type person so I have no idea where that craving came from but it sure is better than my usual cravings. :lol:

I can't wait until weigh day. I have been such a good girl and we have been walking anywhere from 4 1/2 - 7 miles everyday so the scales better be movin.

Kina
05-02-2003, 12:26 AM
Angie~~~usually when I get a cold at this time of the year I know it is allergies. Take care of that throat thing it will get worse...mine was really bad. It was so bad that I couldn't even turn my head to the side without being in awful pain. Old Wives Tales say...gargle with warm salted water another one is to gargle water with a dash of white vinegar.

Shimmers~~~You know you can give yourself whatever title you would like...right? Under your User CP and then edit options. I think I had to get to the first 100 posts before it changed. I can't even remember. BTW...big thumbs up to your determination at the gym. Get your handle on one the rest will follow.

Wish~~~Awesome job!!!

Bobsgal~~~Welcome to the thread! I hear Curves has a wonderful exercise program. I think there is one located here in town but the hours aren't convenient for me.

Di~~~How are you doing? I know you had a post on the last page but I can't see it with in the Quick Reply mode. I here you are just disappearing girlfriend! I am so happy for you! You must be totally excited. Now that I recall you were upset about some hecklers...Men can be such idiots and I agree with you I don't mind the compliments but when they get offensive that is going over the line. Don't let it get you down; take pride in your success but of course always be safe when you are taking a jog around the block.

Gennel~~~I am sorry to hear of your computer troubles. I hope things are better.

Jen~~~How are you doing honey?

Gosh there are so many that I haven't addressed but it's difficult to make a post so personal when you use the Quick Reply. Well hello to you ALL!

Today was my first day back on exercising. It is not as much as I had been doing way back when but I figure I have to start out slow otherwise I will hurt myself or become too sore and won't want to do it again. I stepped on the scale this morning and I was weighing 204...so my goal is to definetly see the 90's by the time this challenge is over. I want to be just like Di...SUPERWOMAN! Just Joshing with ya' Di...I think you are awesome and a wonderful inspiration for many.

Well I better get out of here. Talk to you all later.

Hugs & Smiles, Kina

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-02-2003, 01:01 AM
Thanks for the welcome!!!

Did pretty good today, got in a total of 3.6 miles walking. Felt so good!!! Drank all my water and even did well on the eating. Saturday starts my zumba fitness class. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

gigglez
05-02-2003, 07:49 AM
Good Morning everyone! Thanks everyone for the encouring words. Time is short this morning have to get ds off to school. I done my weigh in yesterday and I am down 2lb that puts me at 194. Getting closer to my goal. Here's to a good day and that each and everyone of us sticks to out plans.

sandy

bobsgal
05-02-2003, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the welcome I went to Curves again this morning and I am feeling so great. I know it's too early to tell, but I feel like I am lighter. Just exercising and doing good things for my body gives me so much more confidence in myself. It's a great feeling. We'll see after weigh in on Monday.
Steph

angieME
05-02-2003, 12:42 PM
I went to the doctors and it is Strep!! At least I can start meds before it gets too bad. I also came home and did 30 minutes of a workout. I'll have to do the rest tonight after work.

Hi Bobsgal, I know what you mean about exercise giving you confidence. I feel strange if I dont do it. Good For you!

CONGRATS Gigglez on Your loss!!! Way to go!!!

I'll catch up on everyone else later but I am late for work. BYE!

Yoyo Mom
05-02-2003, 05:15 PM
Angie, sorry to hear about your strep. I have a very hard time staying OP when I'm sick, especially when my throat is hurting me. Please don't overdo the exercise when your body is trying to fend off an infection!

Welcome to all the newbies (sandy, wishmeluck, new jen, puduegirl, bobsgal and anyone else I might have missed). There's lots of support here and 4 weeks is a good length for a challenge because most of the normal fluctuations can be worked through in that period.

Kina, yay for starting to exercise! I'm still building motivation on that front!

I've been Ok the week (not great but not exactly off program, just a little "sloppy" about logging and such). Probably won't see any results tomorrow due to TOM.

Stay OP tonight everyone! I want to read some inspiring posts tomorrow!

-Deborah

laney1733
05-02-2003, 07:17 PM
Oh Angie, I'm so sorry! I had strep three weeks ago and it was the worst pain of my life. And I had natural ( no drugs) childbirth! It's good you're getting on the meds early. I think I waited too long.:( Anyway, I missed 5 days of exercise! But still lost two pounds cuz I was in too much pain to eat! Definatly not the method of choice to lose though. You should slack off a bit and rest, maybe yours won't be as bad. The "funny" thing is, no one else got it!! Kinda makes me think, "WHY ME?"
I'm not doing too good with the eating this week. We have company so we keep eating junk, pizza and wings and pasta, oh my.:eek: BUt the exercise has been great. I ran my first 12 minute mile. My next goal is a 10 minute mile.:crossed: Good luck to everyone tomorrow!!:balloons: TTFN,

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-03-2003, 12:32 AM
Hey everybody, doing pretty good here!!! Except of course for the little slip up at dinner tonight. Ate a bit more pizza than I should have :o . Does anyone work out at the gym or take exercise classes. I'm scheduled to start one tomorrow and I'm getting nervous that all the other people are going to be these tiny little things, and then there will be me looking like a total (__l__). So if anyone can ease my nerves I would love to hear your stories!!!

Was able to get in a3.2 mile walk so that was good. Tomorrow my plan is to go even further, but I don't know if I will be able to make it. We'll see. Good Job to everybody who has lost so far this week. :bravo: And good luck to all of you that weigh in tomorrow :lucky:

Talk to you all later. Have a wonderful Saturday!!!!!

gigglez
05-03-2003, 12:47 AM
Hi all. Angie, sorry to hear that you have strep. I would think twice before working out too much. Might not be in your best interest to do so. Steph, I know what you mean about the boost in confidence from working out. It's great isn't it. So far I have done pretty good this week. My week starts on Thru and had 15 points and have had 25 points today(still in range). Had a sample of some homemade goodies. No exercise today had to pull a double and the gym will not open again til Monday. Here's to a great weekend to everyone.

sandy

shimmers
05-03-2003, 12:49 AM
Hi Challengers,

Kina, thanks for the scoop on titles :) You've got the technology down! I saw your journal site -- what fun and what a way to add to your motivation and celebration.

Jen, I love the gym. 1) Despite feeling like the outdoors are more interesting, on a daily basis, for a compact, focused workout the gym just makes more sense and I'm not prey to the weather. 2) I tour and get a feel for the gyms I've joined -- even if it's the least expensive, if I won't go to it because it doesn't fit my personality, then it's no deal. I like the YMCA because people of all sizes and ages go there (and not too many intimidating ripped types) and tend to steer away from the "meat market" gyms. 3) Yes the treadmill can be tedious, but it can also be very meditative. I like the structure, the rhythm, the reliability of the gym and its machines.

4) Most important for me -- when I started going to the gym, I was 300 pounds, I was sweating at a mild pace of 2.8 mph, my personal life was as bad as my physical self -- and I just went in with a little defiance, a little bit of ticked-off-ness. You're there to sweat and to celebrate yourself. The other people there just don't matter. Besides, after the first few weeks, I realized they Weren't judging me and I've met lots of great folks over three years.

So good luck to you! Hope it's as good to you as it has been to me.

For me today, I walked Kenji 40 minutes and ate right. Not much water, but the night's not over yet.

Shimmers

gigglez
05-03-2003, 12:50 AM
Jen I wouldn't worry about what or how everyone thinks that you look when you go to your class tomorrow. Go get all that you can out of it. After all you are doing this for you.

Yoyo Mom
05-03-2003, 08:16 AM
Hey folks, I'm checking in with a .5 pound loss :cb:

Doesn't sound like a lot, but it's TOM and I'm usually up a couple of pounds then. It's so nice to see a loss this time of month :cloud9:

I've been :ink: ing out on mangoes lately. I went to the local produce stand and they were having a special and I bought a crate (dozen). I've been eating 3 a day! These are so good I'm going to have to buy another crate full :T

Also, I tried cherimoya for the first time recently. It was unbelievably delicious. It doesn't look very appealing and it's pretty expensive (in MA at any rate) so that's why I'd never bothered to try it. It's in season now so keep your eyes open and give it a try if you see one. It's really worth it :yes: (I went to the produce stand looking for cherimoya but they were out so I fell prey to the crate of mangoes).

All this from someone who didn't like fruit some years ago.

Jen (Mark&Ivy'sMom), congrats for joining a gym! :strong:
I hope your first day goes well and like the others said, this is all about *you* so go there and get your fee's worth and work towards a healthier you!

I am the armchair cheerleader for the exercisers in the group. I have been working more activity into my life, but I can't say I've had any real workouts recently. But even with just the informal yard work, walks, kid chasing, and whatever I get so much hungrier and end up eating 100's more calories. Well, maybe that's really because of the recent abundance of mangoes!

Good luck to everyone else on the weigh-in!
-Deborah

angieME
05-03-2003, 09:29 AM
I DID IT!!!!!!!!I am in the 140's FINALLY!!!

I have been working out pretty good this week and I broke into the 140's. I lost 2 1/2 pounds this week bringing me to 147.5. I am so happy.

I always heard that if you have body aches,chills,fever,etc. then you shouldn't work out but if it is just a head cold then you are okay.That came from my doctor. I did get in 45 minutes yesterday. I am one of those people I guess that CAN'T go without the exercise. I have to do it to feel like myself. Luckily, I caught my strep before it started to mess me up too bad so I am not actually in pain thankfully. :lol:

It is nice aout today again so maybe I can start to walk again instead of being stuck inside. I hate that.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and weigh in!!

CONGRATS DEBORAH!!!! YEAH!!!

jen519
05-03-2003, 12:46 PM
How exciting for you Angie! And I wish I was one of those people "that CAN'T go without the exercise." I was amazed the other day when you said you did your workout too. Whenever I've had strep throat, it's knocked me on my butt!
I'm just maintaining at this point, so nothing exciting here. Can't wait to read how everyone's doing so far.

Jen519
240/227/140

laney1733
05-03-2003, 12:56 PM
Good morning everyone!:) Congrats on the 140's Angie!! I can't wait! Isn't it wonderful when all of that hard work finally pays off!? I'm checking in with a 1 pound loss this week. I'm surprised I got that after the way I ate yesterday! It's been awful and I have got to crack down! wAY TOO MUCH:jeno: last night. I'm off to a good start today though. I got in 4.5 miles on the treadmill, and I haven't eaten anything horrible yet.:crossed: I'm going flower shopping with my mom. That sounds pretty safe. Except for our budget that is!:sssh: What DH doesn't know can't hurt him, right? I have to behave myself! I hope everyone has a great weigh in and a wonderful weekend!!:grouphug: TTFN,

Gennel
05-03-2003, 02:06 PM
Angie! That is awesome! I know you have to be on cloud 9! All day whispering to yourself " I'm in the 140's,I'm in the 140's" and you just didnt barely made it by like 149 lbs, you are 147!!!!! You go girl. I know exactly how happy you must be feeling today!!!

Gen

Gennel
05-03-2003, 02:08 PM
Congratulations to all you losers and maintainers!

Gen...Goal.... to maintain weightloss 130 lbs

gigglez..Goal 6 lbs..Loss 2 lbs

Jen519..Goal 8 lbs

Yoyomom..Goal 4 lbs..Loss 0.5 lb

Shimmers ..Goal 6 lbs

Mark&Ivy'smom..Goal 8 lbs

purduegirl..Goal 5 lbs

Laney1733..Goal 8 lbs..Loss 1 lb

Kina ..Goal 6 lbs

plb112467..Goal 9 lbs...Loss 1 lb

AngieMe..Goal 5 lbs..Loss 2.5 lbs

bobsgal..Goal 8 lbs

Dustcatcher..Goal..5 lbs

grizzlyschick
05-03-2003, 03:02 PM
:) Hi everyone- sorry I haven't checked in lately- my Internet company has given me problems this week and no computer until today. I haven't had a chance to really read the posts. I did see though that Angie is in the 140's! WOO HOO!! Angie:D You go girl! I found out last Monday my gym was closing on that day. I had to rush out and find another one. The machines are completly different. I had to use last week to get myself adjusted to them and my cardio really suffered because of it. The new weight machines I love. They're really high tech compared to the ones at my old gym, so are the elliptical machines. These monsters are twice as hard as my old machines were. I just couldn't get into the groove with them last week! I kicked myself in the behind all week because of it. This week I vow to get in my straight 30 minutes without breaking it up like I did this week. They recommend here doing a warm up of 10- 20 min of cardio and then finishing with that after weights. Because I had to get them to teach me how to do the weights, I was kinda on their time and had to do it the way they suggested. This week I'm hoping to get into a routine with 30 minutes cardio and then the weight routine. I just don't feel like I'm getting the full cardio benefit breaking it up the way they recommend. Anyway- no loss for me this week. My goal for this time is gonna be for 7 lbs. I'm praying to hit it. It seems like every few pounds I hit a plateau now so I'm hoping that doesn't happen this time, but I know it probably will. I'm going to go back and check all the last posts. I hope I'm not neglecting any comments or messages. Hope everyone had a great weigh in. Take care. Di

Kina
05-03-2003, 03:03 PM
Well no losses here. But I have to say big THUMBS got out to so many of you amazing women and maybe not all of us lost but we are all achievers in our own respects.

Angie~~~in the 140's half way to the 30's
Gennel~~~maintaining is a challenge beyond comprhension.
Mary&Ivy's~~~getting a great start on the exercise.
Jen~~~looking forward to the new day with a positive effort.
Serina~~~managing a 1 lb loss even after last nights dinner...you must have done something right.
YoYo~~~having any loss during the TOM is totally awesome.
Shimmers~~~a prime example of doing it for no one other than yourself.
Giggles~~~just your name is very motivating

I know there are more of us but that darn Quick Reply anyhow as you can we have amazing people here and in our own ways we have won half the battle...I HAVE THE POWER!!! LOL

I was happy with myself yesterday because the day almost went by without me exercising...but I wasn't about to let that happen. I went over to my ab roller dusted it off and got down on the carpet did 20 reps then I went as far as getting this weight bar and did 30 reps of back arm bends for the flabby under arms...I hate those. Today I am not sure what exercise I will do but I am going to do something before the day is over.

I have already started to strategize for this upcoming Thursday T-ball practice. They practice by a hill and I plan to do some laps up and down. I enjoy exercising out doors. So every Thursday that is what I will be doing for a good hour...woohoo!

Well I have a final today in Intermediate Algebra and I don't think I am prepared but no matter the grade I will pass the class. I better get going we just got done with T-ball games now we have to rush over to a soccer game. Talk to you all later.

Hugs & Smiles, Kina

Kina
05-03-2003, 03:07 PM
Di~~~we must have been posting at the same time. It's wonderful to see your post. I love your determination that you have over your getting to a gym...you are WONDER WOMAN! Woo!

I have to run...hugs to you!
Kina

Clarita
05-03-2003, 08:20 PM
Wow its great to see how awesome you are all doing. I have had company for the past 3 weeks and have not had a chance to post much. Currently my boyfriends mum is staying with us for a week from England so that is keeping me busy too. I have been taking my Pilates class for almost a month now and it is going great. There are people of all different shapes, sizes, and ages at the studio. It is a great way of strengthening, lengthening and toning muscles. Plus I usually work up a small sweat. I have lost a couple pounds recently but nothing significant. At this point I am focusing on looking and feeling good..less on the numbers. Hope you are all doing well!!

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-03-2003, 10:11 PM
Hi all, I hope this finds you having a Fit and Fabulous Saturday!!! Today was a pretty good day, a bit humid here in Colorado. We're not used to that. I was abe to get out and do a 4.2 miles walk, but because of that I have a couple new blisters. OUCH!!! I had gotten some new shoes, but they don't seem to be working very well. Bummer. Just to let you know I totally chickened out of going to that exercise class today. But I have made up my mind that I am definately going next Saturday. And I think I'm going to be starting a kickboxing class 2 nights a week starting Monday. That way it will add a little something extra to my routine other than walking and some weights every couple of days.

Well I guess that's it for now. Thanks again for the warm welcome. I'll check back in either later tonight or tomorrow. You all have a great evening and a wonderful Sunday!!!

dustcatcher
05-04-2003, 01:10 AM
I hope it's not too late to join this challenge. As of last Monday I was 220. I would like to lose at least 5 lbs. I know that doesn't sound like much but as hard as it is for me to lose, 5 lbs won't be easy!

dustcatcher

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-04-2003, 01:17 AM
Welcome Dustcatcher!!! :balloons: This thread is so much fun, you're going to love it here. Hope to see you around!!!

laney1733
05-04-2003, 02:55 PM
Hello all! M&I's mom, what kind of socks are you wearing? They make special socks for walking and running out of synthetic materials that wick the sweat away from your feet to help prevent blisters. Some of them are made out of two layers, one inner and one outer to reduce friction even more. Have you tried something like that? I read that cotton socks are the fastest route to a blister. And those sure slow me down!:( If you're interested in trying them, look at a fitness store. Do you have a Dick's? That's my favorite.
I ordered the Winsor plilates tapes. THe ones on the infomercials. Has anyone here tried them? I'm noticing more and more how lose and jiggly my skin is and it's time to start firming up. I lift some free weights and do some ab work, but that's about it. I think I'd like to take a class too. We'll se if I can coordinate the funds and a sitter at the same time!:lol: Yeah, that's a funny one.
I did 6 miles on the treadmill today, but my eating is only so-so. I'm trying, I really am. I had a salmon salad for lunch, so that's good at least. Have a great day everyone!:)

gigglez
05-04-2003, 06:12 PM
Just a quick hi. I am down 2. Was 196 at the start now I am at 194. Getting there slowly but getting there. Way to go Angie, 140's!

shimmers
05-04-2003, 08:28 PM
Hi All,

Just got back from walking Kenji out on the coast. The skies turned clear and breezy after a grey morning. Doesn't clear weather totally lift a mood? And a post-workout fatigue is the best kind of tired.

Laney, great advice on socks :) I like Thorlos' socks and you're right, the socks make a huge difference with blisters and overheated feet.

See you later,
Shimmers

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-05-2003, 01:40 AM
Hey chicks!!!

How is everybody tonight. I hope you all had a great Sunday!!! As for me I :ink: out, and didn't get a chance to walk or anything. :nono: the only thing I did was drink all my water. Bad day I guess. Tomorrow is weigh in too :crossed: I hate to think of what the scale is going to look like. :yikes:

Laney: Thanks for the info on the socks. I didn't know they had socks just for walkers. I'm going out first thing tomorrow morning and buy me some.

Well it's a short one tonight, I'll check in tomorrow with my weigh in results:stress: Talk to you all then!!!

By the way- You all have a womderful Monday!!!

plb112467
05-05-2003, 10:05 AM
Good Morning Everybody. this month is REAL busy here at work. So I only had time to scan the posts, much impressed with the losses!! WOOHOO Angie!! You Go Girl!!
I am reporting in this week with a 1 lb loss, puts me down to 198! I really really want to get to 190 by the end of the month!!?!!
Take care everyone!!

Kina
05-05-2003, 10:14 AM
Paula weight to go! I know you can do it!

I am off to start my day job hunting wish me luck.

Talk to you all later, Kina

Gennel
05-05-2003, 10:32 AM
On Saturday morning we took our daughter to a Math Team Competition at 8 AM! I hate waking up early on weekends! lol
They had a individual competition and a team competition. Her school did better than expected but did not win first place. I was so proud of her but all she could do was cry :( There were 32 schools competing . And she was one of the top five in her school chosen to go! But of course she doesnt see it that way!

One of the parents mentioned that Sunday there was going to be the " Air & Sea show" so I made some subs,drinks,water and we were off at 10:45 AM! Yeah I know late lol . The first thought in my mind was panic...just to think about going to the beach!IT was such a strange feeling! You see the last time I was at the beach I was weighing a lot more than I do now. I was so used to feeling scared that I failed to realized that I lost all the weight since then! This time I really didnt hesitate and made cute cornrows on my hair and a ponytail,put my pink shades on ,spandex pink top and blue shorts and I was ready to go!
My husband thought this was too good to be true! lol His wife not giving any excuses to not go to a park or beach?? LOL LOL
The show was AWESOME!!! We were at Dania Beach ( John U Loyd Park) Its a park/beach. I got to see the Stealth fly close by and I still couldnt believe how thin this thing was! And how quiet too! I got way too much sun! I was so relaxed with the nice breeze that I didnt realize just how dark I was getting! Or shouldIsay how burned Iwas getting! lol The girls and I went walking on the shore picking up all the pretty seashells so I can take home and rinse off and put in a big glass bowl. I took a good long nap in the tent we brought. We really had such a great time. I regret it sooooooooooo much not doing this more often .
. Being comfortable in your own skin is tough! That's how I felt.
But the truth is there were so many woman and men that were heavy and they didnt care! I seen a woman who was heavy wearing a thong ! Or at least it looked like a thong. I would never have the courage to wear a thong at 200lbs. BUt you know what?
She looked comfortable,she walked with such confidence and was out playing and running with her family. I totally admire that.
My husband just looked at me and said " You see! you deserve to wear a bikini! " I guess its how we see ourselves. My niece went along with us and she doesnt have an ounce of fat on her. Tall and slim ,very nice body. Yet she sees herself totally different and wont wear a bathing suit! That made me realize that whatyou see in the mirror is not always true. You see a totally different image.
I remember Tyra Banks went on the Jay Leno show once and Leno had the Swimsuit calendar and opened up her page and she was freaking out cause she had a booty shot picture.She looked totally amazing but she cringed when he showed her the picture! He asked her what she was freaking out about ,that she had a beautiful body! She started pointing out at the picture where she has a bunch of cellulite. Well he said " Well I dont see any cellulite here!" She laughed and giggled. Well the truth is
all of those pictures have certain parts airbrushed and what we see is absolutley perfect smooth skin. I also seen a front magazine cover with Kate Hudson on the cover. She had a dress with the front way open down to her stomach. Well she's got no boobs and had no bras on either. yet I had to laugh cause their was cleavage poorly airbrushed on the picture. They show her flatchested and with cleavage airbrushed. It looked totally strange. But that sells I guess. I've made a promise to myself . Everyday love yourself more. Getting to your goal weight is NOT the end of all your insecurities. It was a while before I could walk butt naked in front of my husband! lol And now I can without a worry lol.
Well that was long! lol
gotta go!
Gen

bobsgal
05-05-2003, 10:41 AM
Popping in to report a 3 lb loss this week.[cb] Went to Curves again this morning. I didn't exercise yesterday, but Saturday I did my WATP 1 mile tape and then walked to the park and played with the kids. After my husband came home from work, I went to the local track and walked four laps, which is 1 mile. I even jogged for the last 30 seconds or so. I feel so pumped. I haven't had anything to drink, except for water in more than a week. Cutting those empty calories has really helped. Well hope everyone else is doing well.
Steph

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-05-2003, 10:46 AM
This has to be quick, Busy, Busy day ahead. Even after the :ink: out session last night at dinner and no walk yesterday I am reporting in with a 3 pound loss.:) I wonder if it would have been more had I not been so careless yesterday? :shrug: Oh well I'll take it.

Gennel: Sounds like you had an awesome time at the beach with your family and yourself!!! And you are so right about how we see ourselves. Thanks for reminding my why I'm doing this. For me....to feel better about myself, and feel comfortable in this body. :)

I'll check in later!!! Kickboxing tonight. YAY!!!

gigglez
05-05-2003, 12:33 PM
Way to go Jen and Steph. You 2 are well on your way to meeting your goals. General, glad that you had such a great time yestersday. You are so right about being comfortable with yourself and loving the skin that you are in. Much luck to you Kina on your job serach.

jen519
05-05-2003, 01:16 PM
Wow! You guys have been busy posting! Maybe if I had popped in and looked, my weekend would have been different. I'm going to go ahead and tell all her about as much as I can remember of what I ate Saturday. It seems impossible for one person, but it's all true. The one thing I can for sure remember is eating one WHOLE large pizza from Pizza Hut. Yes a whole pizza. I also ate several cinnamon stix. Earlier in the day I had a peanut butter and honey sandwich, creampuffs, and chocolate milk. I'm sure there was more, but it's all a blur. Yesterday wasn't all that good either, but nothing like Saturday.
I weighed myself this morning and not surprisingly am back up at 230. I can't figure out what's wrong with me. Why I don't seem to be able (or willing) to do what it takes to lose weight. This has been my pattern all my life. You'd think by age 40, I'd have a clue, but I really don't.
Well, gotta go to work. I'll pop in again around lunchtime to try and keep myself accountable, at least.

Jen519

gigglez
05-05-2003, 01:27 PM
Jen it sometimes takes some drastic for us to change our eating patterns and habits. I found out that I had a heart problem and that made me decide to change. I always don't do what I should, heck none of us do but I am always trying to do my best. I think that is all that any of us can do is our best. Sooner or later you will figure it out.

laney1733
05-05-2003, 02:28 PM
Gennel, that was a very inspirational post! I'm not at the point where I "know" I'm smaller yet. I still myself as huge even though I know I'm just big now. My body image seems to be running behind my weight loss, if that makes any sense. I think sometimes that that is why I keep losing about 10 pounds pretty quicky and then holding steady for what seems like forever before I start losing again. I'm so glad you had a good time and felt comfortable in your own body. I think I'm getting closer to that. I'm really hoping to achieve it when I reach my goal. 21 pounds to go.
Jen, I'm sorry you are struggling so much. I know for myself, a lot of pieces had to fall together before I could reach the place where I was capable of losing the weight. I mean I always "wanted" to be thin, I just didn't seem to be able to grasp it and work towards it consistently. I mess up all the time, I just don't give up like I used to. I get up and keep trying. I love pb and honey sandwiches too! In fact, I had one last week.;)
M&I's mom, I hope the new socks work out for you! :crossed: Blisters suck.
Hello and good luck to you KIna on your job search. I hope you find something you'll enjoy.
Steph, way to go! I'm trying to keep the liquid junk out of my diet, namely Dr Pepper!! It calls to me. Way to go on the exercise!!
Shimmers, I am so jealous of you!! I need to move, I hate Ohio weather. It is dark and raining and cold today, YUCK!
plb112467, congrats to you on your loss!! And good luck at work.:)
And congrats go out to gigglez too! You guys are keeping me inspired and plugging along!!:D
Take care everyone and have a wonderful day!!

Gennel
05-05-2003, 04:32 PM
Step off that "elevator" that goes up and down. Just walk right up to where you want to go. It might seem harder but this way you control exactly where you want to get off.

This might sound kooky to some people. But what I meant to say is. That elevator that goes up and down? Its your weight....
And its like we're so used to it going up and down and hoping we get off on the "right floor"

But when we walk , we know exactly where we want to go and we get there. It will take longer than the elevator but we get there once we decide that its up to " ME" to get me there.

ttyl,Gen

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-06-2003, 01:24 AM
Okay checking in for the night. Went to kickboxing, not really what I thought it wa going to be. Felt a little intimidated, hoping when my sister goes with me on Wed. it won't be as bad. Zumba on Saturday, and water step class once I get my swimsuit :yikes:

Managed not to eat too much, drank all my water, and even got out for a 2 mile walk, although it started raining and we had to turn back. Bought some of those walking socks, Thorlos I believe. I LOVE them. I'm buying a couple more pairs this weekend, feels like your walking on a cloud. I just wish they weren't quite so expensive, but hey, they're worth it.

Well that's it for now, I'll check in tomorrow. Have a great Tuesday

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-07-2003, 12:37 AM
I thought I would check in really quick. Where is everybody? My day was okay so far, a bit slow I guess. I need some motivation. I have to decide between a couple different things to do tomorrow evening, I need to go to my sons soccer BBQ, but his grandmother said she would take hi, but I also have kickboxing class and a meeting to go to about some other classes I wanted to take. I guess I need to make some decisions. well I really have nothing to say, (but I'm sure you figures that one out:lol: )I don't even know why I'm posting right now:dizzy: Talk to youall later. Bye :wave:

Kina
05-07-2003, 12:54 AM
You are too much M&I. Uh...let me see go to b-b-q or exercise? Hmmm...decisions decisions decisions. Can you do both? Probably not...is this class only offered this particular day; can you pick it up another day? Maybe you can go to the b-b-q enjoy yourself (and be there for your son) in moderation be sure to get some sort of exercise in before the end of the day...even if it isn't what you had planned.

Just a thought.

Oh BTW...Gennel! I liked your elevator theory. If only I knew I could get to the floor without all the obstacles.

Talk to you all later doing research.
Hugs & Smiles, Kina

shimmers
05-07-2003, 02:53 AM
Hi everyone,
Walked Kenji today, worked, went to the dentist late in the day and battled a feeling of malaise ... headache, nausea, bleah. Tomorrow is a new dawn though, right? And I did get in a walk, drank water and ate right.

Have a great half-way there day,
Shimmers

gigglez
05-07-2003, 06:37 AM
Morning everyone.

Gennel, got the elevator concept. I think that for me the hardest part will be to figure out where the dang thing should stay. I have a large body frame and really wonder what would look right on me. Lighter is all that I know for now!

Jen(mom), here to no more icky feet now that you have tour socks. I have never thought to see about walking socks before. I really haven't had much problem with my feet. Guess that it is because that I am on them all day long. I guess that if it was me I would probally go to the bbq for my child. I often feel guilty becasue I am not there enough for mine. Work sucks when you have to work the time that your child is home from school. In the end I know that you will do what you feel is right for you and your family.

Kina, how is your job search going?

It is almost time to play alarm clock so I shoulf get a move on this morning. Here's to everyone and may each and everyone of ys fund the strengh inside to keep up the wonderful work we have started and to find the motivation to go forward in this journey.

sandy

gigglez
05-07-2003, 12:53 PM
Afternoon, everyone. Tomorrow is weigh in day for me and I am praying that I can see some movement, however if I maintain I will be happy as well. Have been really good this week, only had 1 bad day and I have been able to do fairly well on my workouts only missed 2 days. Hope that every one is having a great day.

gigglez
05-08-2003, 12:43 PM
Real quick note. Today was my weigh in day and I am down 2 more lb. That puts me at 192 and 4 of the 6 lbs for hte challenge. I just might make it.

bobsgal
05-08-2003, 12:55 PM
Way to go Gigglez. That's great. I'm still going to Curves every day. I have so much more energy. I put on a pair of jeans today, that just a couple of weeks ago were skin tight. I was able to get them on without sucking anything in and can even sit down comfortably. I think that's a major accomplishment. I can't wait to see how many inches I lost when I get measured on the 28th. Well gotta get back to the laundry.
Steph

jen519
05-08-2003, 04:48 PM
Great job Steph! I think I appreciate getting into a smaller size, or having the clothes I'm wearing fit better even more than watching the scale go down. It's kind of hard for me to remember, though :^:
Wondering how the job hunt is going for you Kina. The very idea of going out and looking for a job scares the pants off me. I stayed in a job where I was miserable for many years because the alternative was so frightening to me. You seem so confident and capable. I hope it's not such an ordeal for you.
I won't be weighing in on Saturday because I'm going with my DD's girlscout troop on a weekend camp-out. I'm going to post my weight tomorrow and also on Monday when I get back, just to keep myself accountable. TOM is here and I had that horrible, awful food day last weekend. Didn't do great this week, either, but did get in a couple of walks and had one good food day and a couple where I didn't completely blow it. We'll see what happens.

Jen519

angieME
05-08-2003, 05:29 PM
Way to go Sandy!!! 2 pounds is awesome!!!

Shimmers, I hope you are feeling better.

Kina, How are you doing?

Gen, Is your house up now so you can visualize the room sizes and stuff?

Jen519, Have fun at your camp out. I am buying my kids a little tent so they can camp out in the yard this summer. They are so excited.

wishmeluck130lbs
05-08-2003, 06:14 PM
I've stayed the same in weight i have been going to excercise the last 2 days and have been doing 5 miles on the bike...and drinking my water how can i get updates again on this thread?

laney1733
05-08-2003, 08:57 PM
Wishmeluck, if you scan down this page you'll see a line that says SUBSCIBE TO THIS THREAD. Click on it and you will receive an email everytime someone posts here.
I'm getting a wee bit frustrated myself. I have been working out like crazy. I covered 9 miles today between the treadmill and walking outside pushing DD. 5 miles yesterday and 7 the day before that and yet my weightloss has screached to a sudden halt I'm lifting weights and doing ab work too. AARRGGHH!!! Just had to vent a bit. I'm just hoping to squeak in a 1 pound loss for this week and I only have 1.5 days to do it in.:(
Friends starts in 5 so I'm outta here. Take care everyone!!:D

grizzlyschick
05-08-2003, 09:07 PM
Hi everyone- Well plateau last week and TOM this week. I'm praying this darn water retention will be gone by Saturday and I'll see at least a 1 lb loss. Since I changed my weight lifting routine at my old gym and have been doing the new weight routine here, my body has really changed. Clothes that were snug 2 weeks ago are loose now, and my arms have taken on a whole new look. I now have visible hard muscles and veins showing. I'm not sure what I think of that. One of my co workers and biggest supporters said she thinks the difference in the last couple weeks is incredible. She tried to convince me to be happier with the muscle than the scale moving, she said I should be happier to have muscle and look athletic, then to be my dream weight and flabby. I know that makes sense, but I'm just dying to get in the 140's though. Anyway, wish me luck on a loss. Gotta run and jump in the shower before bed. Take care all. Gen loved the bits of inspiration. Congrats on all the losses you guys rock! Kina- hope the job hunting goes great. See you all Saturday. -Di

wishmeluck130lbs
05-08-2003, 09:14 PM
Well i received the update on after i posted last time = ) .... you all are doing great and thanks for the info on how to get updates...

Kina
05-08-2003, 09:26 PM
Hi Di!!!! I am so happy to see your post. I get all excited like best friends do with they haven't seen their best friend in like the longest time. I am so excited for you...nearing the 140's. What can I say that I haven't already said..."Magnifico!" I don't think that is spelled right but you know what I mean.

As for the job hunt well I got a lot done but no bites. Which is probably just as well. No one is willing to work with my college schedule and well I am not ready to just give up on school that easily.

I wish I was half way down your path, Di! But I am going to follow in your steps soon enough. I have been getting my water in...DH can't even go and get water fast enough. We buy our drinking water from the vendor. I have also started exercising as much as possible without strain and daily. I can't seem to get a full handle on the food thing but it will be soon to come.

I am going to get out of here now. Dh wants time on the computer.

Hugs & Smiles, Kina

PS~~~Di keep in touch; I enjoy hearing about your triumphs and struggles. I will be here to cheer for you and here for you when you need me. I think I speak for all of us, actually. Hugs to you!

gigglez
05-08-2003, 11:48 PM
Steph way to go on the pants fiting better. Some things fit better and others don't but that will come. Er is on so gotta run

angieME
05-09-2003, 11:35 AM
Serina, I am sure you are building new muscle if you are doing weights now too.

Di, I envy you for being able to go to the gym to lift weights. I want to but I don't really have the courage to do it just yet. I was telling my husband about you and said that maybe this winter we should sign up and try to go lift. (We are a tourist town so we are very busy making donuts all summer)

I'll bet you look great. I would love to see a pic.

I hope everyone is doing good. I am hoping for a good loss this week myself.

jen519
05-09-2003, 04:47 PM
Hi all.
I tried to post earlier from work, but the computer I was using had settings that prevented it. I've got a few minutes before I have to pick my daughter up from school, so I figured I get in while I have the chance.
Angie, every time you mention your job, I'm amazed at how successful you have been with your weight loss in spite of constant temptation. What an inspiration!
I weighed this morning since I'm going to be gone all weekend. I weighed in at 228 which means that even after my fiasco last weekend and a questionable week, I've only gained 1 pound. TOM is here, also, so I may be retaining a bit of water, although, I usually lose it the first couple of days and it's day 2 now. I really feel for you guys who deal with the bloat during the entire period.
This weekend should be good since I won't ever be eating alone and so will be on my "best behavior"! Also, I'm told that the camp where our girlscout troop is staying is really spread out and requires a lot of walking. Maybe this is just what I need to get started again. I'll weigh-in on Monday and see. Won't get posted to the chart, but maybe next weekend.
Good luck to everyone on this weekend's weigh-in.

Jen519

angieME
05-09-2003, 08:37 PM
Jen, I usually only have trouble at the bakery when I try new pastries to sell. I did a peanut butter brownie that screwed me up for a while but now I cut Jay a piece and leave the bakery while he eats it so I can't sneak a bite. :lol: Have fun hiking around the camp. I wished I could leave my dogs home alone for the day and drive to New Hampshire and go hiking on the trails. The scenery there is so beautiful and last time I went I weighed 265 pounds so I didn't walk too far.

Good Luck on weigh ins tomorrow girls.

gigglez
05-10-2003, 01:34 AM
Angie I think that is a good idea that you have about the food samples. I would have to walk away as well. Jen I hope that your campout will help get you remotivated. It's late and I think that the bed is calling me. See everyone later.

Yoyo Mom
05-10-2003, 09:10 AM
Good morning, everyone!

I am checking in with a loss this week of 2.5 lbs! :cb: Some of that is due to the fact I only lost .5 last week due to TOM, but at 3.0 lbs for the challenge "under my belt" already, I should be able to reach my goal of 4 lbs.

I haven't posted since my last weigh-in :o , so I've got a lot of catching up to do...

Angie, you rock!!! :cp: Congrats on getting into the 140's (yes, it has been that long since I've posted). Especially given your job! I once ran a doughnut stand and it was very bad for my waistline, even though I limited myself to one free doughnut a day. That's a lot of extra calories and they add up over time!

Jen, good luck on your camping trip, maybe you will get in the grove this weekend. I find my daughter is very helpful in motivating me to get moving. We went hiking with DD last weekend. Being with DD keeps the exercise level pretty moderate, but adds a great deal to the fun factor. Since I really hate to exercise (even when I did it regularly) that is important to me.

Di, we all like to look at a number and see quantifiable improvement. It is hard to prove to ourselves that we are progressing otherwise even if there is a visible difference. Have you ever gotten your body fat checked? It sounds like you'd do well even with a low-tech calliper method. It's not many women whose arms have "visible hard muscles with veins showing," :strong: and frankly, not even that many men!

Serina, the same goes for you! You are just about the same weight as Di and you two are probably among the healthiest on this board (and in the population in general). Try to find some number other than the scale, maybe the tape measure if not BF to focus on and help set your goals.

Kina, good for you for keeping your focus on school instead of getting a job that messes up your priority. Sorry you didn't show any loss last weigh-in, but I know you can do it and you are staying with it so you will succeed :goodvibes . Good luck on today's weigh-in.

Gen, you rule :queen: !!!! Thanks for not only keeping this thread up, but also for the inspirational posts. It's delightful to hear you becoming more comfortable with the new you and taking advantage of fun opportunites!

Jen (M&I), Gigglez and Steph, congrats to you all :cp: !!! Your work outs are really paying off!

Shimmers, walking your dog is a great form of exercise, especially along the beach... oh if only! My dog should be healthy enough to go for walks soon, but she is a very furry keeshond and doesn't do well on long walks in hot weather :( . Oh, well.

Paula, congrats on making progess! It's easy to stall out after reaching a big milestone like you have :dancer: !

Wishmeluck, good luck! Let us know how you are doing!

Sorry if I've overlooked anyone. I've been a long time posting, probably others have snuck in since then. Congrats to all losers and good luck on weigh-ins today :lucky: !!!

-Deborah

angieME
05-10-2003, 09:25 AM
Deborah, I didn't know you had a Keehond. I have 2!!!! Candi is 1 year old and we had to look everywhere for a breeder, We actually ended up going to one of the best breeders and beg for the girl that they wanted to sell to a show home( I don't show them). Love her to death!!!

In January we were at the Humane Society and went into a new room and low and behold there was a Keeshond male sitting there looking all pathetic. Needless to say I went back the next Monday and got him. His name is Cappie and he is 2. Short of his barking problem(His other owners left him outside all the time) He is a sweetheart.

I'll try to post a pic in a minute. COOL!!!

angieME
05-10-2003, 09:38 AM
He is the boy we adopted.

angieME
05-10-2003, 09:39 AM
My baby girl. She has learned all kinds of bad things since we got Cappie :lol:

angieME
05-10-2003, 09:41 AM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot to weigh in!! I am down 1 more pound. YES!!

grizzlyschick
05-10-2003, 03:27 PM
:) Hi everyone. So many posts, I hope I can remember everything I wanted to say:dizzy: . First, I'm down 1 lb. I'm being extra good today. I went to the gym this am and got in 45 minutes on the treadmill doing speed intervals- mostly 4.5 to 5.0. I burnt 400 cal and did 4 miles, so it was worth it. Then I did some ab work on the weighted crunch machine. Hopefully this will help to guarantee my plateau is gone. I know I sound like a big whiner when I hit a plateau, and I want to apologize for that:o I'm trying to learn that the scale measures my weight and not my self worth. Thank you all for reminding me of that. Yoyo mom- I definitely plan to ask the gym if they measure body fat, maybe that will be a better guide for me. By the way congrats on the loss:high: Angie- starting a weight lifting program was the best thing I ever did. It truly has made a difference in toning. Since changing my routine at the last gym and then starting one here, several co workers have told me they can't believe the difference in my appearance. I definitely recommend it- I really enjoy it. Serina- Are you doing measurements with the tape measure too? With lifting weights, your weight loss will sometimes stall or you may even go up a pound for a couple of days when you gain muscle. This last plateau I did my measurements and had seen muscle gains in my triceps, biceps and thighs. Since muscle weighs more than fat, maybe that's an answer to your halt, it'll move again, I promise.;) Kina- What can I say? Chick you are such a great friend, and one of my biggest supporters:grouphug: Your support and encouragement has meant a lot to me, and I'm grateful for it and you! Chick you rock!!:dancer: Everyone else hello:wave: hope you all have a great Saturday and woo I know this post was too long. Gotta run. Take care all. Di

grizzlyschick
05-10-2003, 03:31 PM
OOPS! Angie, I forgot to say what a beautiful dog! and congrats on the loss:D way to go!- Di

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-10-2003, 03:46 PM
Hi all,

Just a quick note, Sorry I haven't been around lately. I have had a REALLY bad week so far. No motivation, no exercise and my eating has been really bad, but I think I'm back. Although I'm sure there will be gain. Congrats to everyone who has lost this week. You guys rock!!!

Angie: Your dogs are beautiful. We have a sheltie and a beagle now. But my Baby was my little Pug Lily. Someone had let her out of our back yard one day and was hit by a car.:(

Well I think I'm going to head out and get my butt to the rec center to get some exerdise in. I would go walking, but it's SNOWING here in Colorado.

I'll check in later. Talk to you all then!!!

Kina
05-10-2003, 08:27 PM
I love your dogs Angie! They look so happy and sweet. We don't have dogs of our own...we actually adopt the neighbors dogs when they come over. They smile at us when they approach us...can you imagine a dog smile. I wish I could get a pic of it but they do it as if they were shy with their nose down. It is just the cutest thing. We have a bird, cockatiel named Tweet, and a gerbal or hamster named Buddy.

Well I did finally have a loss last Monday but now it's that TOM that I am retaining water and that .5 lb I lost last week is now a big part of my weigh in this week. Aw! So I am not showing a loss this week but I always seem to make up for it afterwards. Thanks for the encouragement YoYo Mom, Di, Angie. I plan to work my tail off this week. I know I get the best results when it's that TOM.

Snowing in Colorado at this time of the year, Jen (M&I)? Wow that is interesting.

Okay I have to get out of here. We are planning to go out to the ranch. Talk to you all later and Mom's have a wonderful Mother's Day! For those who aren't biological mom's...Happy Mother's Day to you also; without knowing you may be a motherly figure to a child and that is just as important.

Hugs & Smiles, Kina

Yoyo Mom
05-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Hey, it looks like we have a couple break throughs. Congrats on the weight loss, Di and Kina :cp: !!!!

Jen (M&I), good luck getting back on track.

Hey, Angie! congrats to you! You're on a roll! I love your dogs too, but then I'm biased :lol: ! Actually, my girl Vanna looks a lot like your girl. I had a similar tough time finding a breeder and Vanna is also a possible show dog turned pet. But I really wanted a Keeshond based on my research and she has turned into the lovable, tolerant, surrogate sister my daughter needed!

I've never posted a picture before, but here goes...
(Rats! That didn't work... the picture is too big. I'll try again later.)

-Deborah

Gennel
05-10-2003, 11:33 PM
A big congrats to everyone!!!! We've been working and busy with family over the house. So I'm totally pooped and ready for bed. I just had to stop by and see everyone's progress! You ladies are amazing! I will do my best to post the weigh in chart tomorrow!

ttyl,Gen

laney1733
05-11-2003, 12:45 AM
Howdy ladies! I'm reporting in with a maintain this week. I can't say that I didn't see it coming! I do think that you guys are right though and my body fat is still going down. My new 12's that i just got two weeks ago are getting loose, so something is changing. I spent the day shopping with my friend today and 4 of our kids. We went to Akron, a little over an hours' drive. I bought way too many clothes for the kids and myself.;) Including a pair of sz 10 Tommy shorts for $5! I love consignment shopping!:D They're a little tight but that'll give me some motivation!
Congrats to all you losers, Angie and Deborah and Di, and anyone I'm forgetting!! I babysat my niece till 3:45 AM last night and I am exhausted. And now my baby is running a fever again.:( UGH!!!! I'm a bit scattered tonight to say the least. I'm off to pull the last of the laundry out of the dryer and drag my pitiful butt to bed. Have a wonderful Mother's Day ladies!! Remember to give those little sweeties an extra squeeze. I am so grateful for my three babies, and my niece and two nephews. They are such joy, even when I want to strangle them!! Anyway, enjoy your day and take care!!

gigglez
05-11-2003, 02:06 AM
Everyone way to go on those losses! Angie those dogs are adoriable! Wanted dogs but got cats instead.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!!!

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-11-2003, 05:18 PM
Well Girls, I think I' m back ......finally. It feels so much better. I went to the rec center and walked 6.2 miles and 20 minutes on the bike. It made the time go by pretty fast with the t.v.'s on and you can tune your walkman to 1 of the t.v.'s . I thought that was pretty cool I guess I really didn't need to be so nervous about going in there. Although I was the biggest person there, nobody was paying attention to what I was doing. Besides even while sweating like a :ink: I was still the most gorgeous girl there. ;) Just kidding. Well tomorrow is weigh in day for me, I'm not expecting much of a loss if any. There will probobly be a gain. But I have nobody to blame but myself.

Well you all have a HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY!!!

Gennel
05-11-2003, 09:37 PM
Congrats to everyone here! Well I need to get serious again. Ihave been slacking off and I think I've gained like 2 or 3 lbs! So anyway I'm getting back into my routine tomorrow! Today I ate everything!!!! I mean everything! My husband and daughter brought me breakfast in bed. I swear I wait the whole yr ,just for one day that I dont have to cook these big breakfasts! I dont make them big breakfasts during the week. But on the weekends I make pancakes,hashbrowns, scrambled eggs,ham and toast!
So this morning I had a huge plate in front of my face first thing this morning (eggs,hashbrowns,toast,ham & pancakes!) Lunch was the grilled chicken sandwhich at Wendy's. Then dinner we went to Roadhouse Grill. Had their sizzlin chicken fajitas. They serve the chicken breast on a bed of onions and peppers. ITs sizzling hot! Do I need to say more? lol

Gen...Goal.... to maintain weightloss 130 lbs?!

gigglez..Goal 6 lbs..Loss 4 lbs

Jen519..Goal 8 lbs

Yoyomom..Goal 4 lbs..Loss 3 lbs

Shimmers ..Goal 6 lbs

Mark&Ivy'smom..Goal 8 lbs..Loss 5 lbs

purduegirl..Goal 5 lbs

Laney1733..Goal 8 lbs..Loss 1 lb

Kina ..Goal 6 lbs

AngieMe..Goal 5 lbs..Loss 3.5 lbs

bobsgal..Goal 8 lbs..Loss 3 lbs

Dustcatcher..Goal..5 lbs

Gennel
05-11-2003, 09:39 PM
I must be feeling that Road Runner drink I had for dinner! Iswear I had entered Grizzly in the challenge and I dont see her name on the chart!

help!

Gen

bobsgal
05-11-2003, 10:49 PM
Gen-just wanted to remind you that as of last Monday's weigh in I was down 3 lbs. I'll be reporting another loss tomorrow I'm certain.
Steph

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-12-2003, 12:23 AM
Gennel: I too just wanted to remind you that I had a 3 pound loss last week also. Tomorrow is weigh in day again, hopefully it will be happy news to report, but I'm not sure. Talk to ya later.

grizzlyschick
05-12-2003, 07:13 AM
:D Well even though the darn scale is only sloooowly cooperating, I do have good news. I have reached my dream size. I have always wanted to be able to wear a 9 and now I actually can. The 10's someone gave me yesterday were way to big! I was so excited. I have a pair of 8 shorts I had set aside as a goal, and tried them on and they fit. So I may actually be an 8. I knew all my pants were getting way to big. I may go try on clothes next weekend to see what size I really am. I finally got someone to take some pics yesterday and will send them in as soon as they give them to me. Take care all. This little bit of good news doesn't make me feel quite as bad about only a 1 lb loss for the whole darn month!:D Di

laney1733
05-12-2003, 08:58 AM
Di, CONGRATULATION!!!!:bravo: :cp: :high: You must be on :cloud9: I'm so happy for you!! I have a pair of sz 8 jean shorts waiting for me too.;) I'm hoping to wear them on the 4th of July. I can't wait to see those pictures! Stay strong,

Kempyd
05-12-2003, 12:55 PM
Hi All!

I didn't join in on this challenge b/c I have really fallen off of the wagon. I am getting off some meds and I don't want to set myself up for failure. I really can't handle that while I am not taking the meds.

I thought I would show you guys what I have been doing to keep myself busy though. All of it is new. Hubby and I even set the stones into the ground ourselves. I don't have the new flower bed in the pic yet, that got done this weekend. It is where the one with the hose in it is but much bigger.

I am still here and just lurking so I am rooting for you guys. I will try to join in for the next challenge.

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-12-2003, 03:47 PM
Hi all!!

I hope everybody had a wonderful mother's day. Mine was pretty okay, although the oldest started acting up, and driving me completely nuts :dizzy: Anyway I'm reporting in with a 2 pound loss this week (Even after the disasterous few days I had) I must have done something right, or else been realy lucky. Either way I'll take it. So that gives me a total of 5 pounds so far. Well I'll check back in later. Take care!!!

Kina
05-12-2003, 05:23 PM
You are truly amazing! Wow...size 8; only in my dreams! Big thumbs up and very high fives go to you girl! You have earned your keep for sure. I don't know you did it but you have managed to surpass every obstacle and that is one in a million! Can't wait to see the new and IMPROVED Di! BRAVO!!!!!

Kempyd~~~what a gorgeous landscape!

Jen(M&I's)~~~big thumbs up to you on your losses!

Steph~~~Positive thinking is a great thing to have...I wish I had a bit of it.

Gennel~~~Roadrunner drink?

Laney~~~How is the baby?

Jen519~~~How ya doing girl?

Angie~~~How's it going?

Well ladies...I have to say with a sunken face that the scale is reporting a big hike right now since it's that TOM for me. It is really depressing but I am trying not to let it get to me. I plan to get more exercise in this week than I have been putting in these last few days. So hopefull by the end of the week I will be able to show losses. Wish me luck.

I better get going! Talk to you all later.

Hugs & Smiles, Kina

dustcatcher
05-12-2003, 09:23 PM
Hi, everyone, I just wanted to report that I have lost 3 lbs since I last posted! I am feeling encouraged. I have been working out alot and eating alot less. So I am making some progress!

dustcatcher

gigglez
05-13-2003, 07:16 AM
Way to go Dust! Guess that you could say eat my dust huh?

Everyone keep up the good work! Only 2 more days til weigh in for me. Here's hoping that mother's day out hasn't had too much of an effect

sandy

Gennel
05-13-2003, 09:41 AM
Di, I'm sure you must know that we're all looking forward to your pics! You are amazing! my sister that had the bypass surgery was shocked to know just how much you've lost so far. If you find any before pics I would love to see before and after. I know for me it was almost impossible to find before pictures because I always, I* mean always ran away from the cameras! I am on a few videos that I wish I could transfer to still photos. I know the photo labs do that now .

Kempyd , I love your landscape! I know it's so much hardwork that we sometimes dont enjoy it for ourselves. When we redid the entire bathroom everyone ooohed and ahhhed when they walked in . I never enjoyed it though! Each time I would walk in there all I could remember was the sore knees andcracked skin on my hands from putting thegrout and staying up till 5 am to finish it!

Kina : I dont know what's in a roadrunner lol. It taste like a mix of pineapple,orange,strawberry. The girl put two shots of rum in it . Specially requested by my hubby cause "She deserves to relax" lol

We are down to the wire now trying to do everything before we move. I have to register the kids at their new schools,even though it's public schools . There is limited seating! IF we wait until the first day of school we will end up being sent to the next school which is 11 miles away!

ttyl,Gen

bobsgal
05-13-2003, 10:33 AM
Didn't get a chance to post yesterday, so I'm reporting my loss today. 5 lbs this week. Yippee! So I guess I need to change my goal since I lost the 8 lbs in 2 weeks. I think I'm going to shoot for another 5 lbs by the 28th making my total goal for this challenge 13 lbs. I am so excited.
Steph

angieME
05-13-2003, 11:48 AM
WOOHOO STEPH!!! Way to go girl!!!

I am doing okay. I made a Napolean for Jay this weekend and I did eat some of it. My scales are saying that I am up a pound and I can't quite figure it out. I ate some Napolean but I in no way screwed up. Hopefully it is gone by weigh in.

I am glad to see lots of posts. It helps so much when I can come on and here how great everyone else is doing. You all help to motivate me.

I just got back from a 3 mile walk and I am kinda sweaty so i am going to hop in the shower. Have a good day girls!!

jen519
05-13-2003, 03:34 PM
Just a quick post. Don't want to type a bunch because I'm not sure if this particular computer will allow me to post. I did weigh on Monday and I'm back down to my starting weight for this challenge. Food was good yesterday and so far today. Today I'm working on my water intake and plan to go for a good long walk on my lunch hour.
Good job to all who lost last week and keep hanging in there to everyone else (including me!)

Jen519

gigglez
05-13-2003, 11:22 PM
Way to go Steph. Keep up the good work. Right now I had to restart some of my pain meds and that will totally screw up this put I am hopeful that I will overcome it one way or another. Here's to a great week to all.

sandy

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-14-2003, 12:52 AM
Hi everybody...

Just a quick check in. I tried the WATP videos taoday. I love those. it was quick and fun. All I did so far was get in 2 miles but I plan to do it again later tonight after everybody goes to sleep. I'm hoping it will help me get to sleep sooner than I normally do. Eating was okay, I'm still working on my water though. I hope you all are having a good night so far. Talk to you all tomorrow.

gigglez
05-14-2003, 07:04 AM
Morning all. Ok I need so motivatin to help me get through the day, A switch in my work scedule has threw me off this week. I hate to go to the gym late in the evenings which is what I have been doing this week. As well it had thrown off my eating. Not been really bad but am lacking the motivatin to get thru the week. Help!

Gennel
05-14-2003, 07:36 PM
I got very used to going to the gym in the mornings. It felt great for a long time. But after a few months I was dragging myself to the gym in the mornings. I switched to going at night around 7 PM. Ifelt strange but I sure got a good night's sleep ...after a shower of course! lol

This week I've missed the gym for one reason or other. Tonight I'm going..in a few minutes cause I want to rush back to see American Idol!

ttyl!
Gen

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-14-2003, 10:31 PM
Hi all....
Hope everyone is having a good evening. Mine is okay so far, kids are out playing with some friends in the back yard. They have been driving me completely bonkers. :headache: Maybe it's the warm weather. Sometimes I wish I had magic powers to make them quiet and sweet at least for a couple hours a day.:wizard:

Anyway, I was able to get in 3 miles today so far but I'm hoping to get back out and do at least 2 more. Didn't get a chance to go to the gym tonight, but I am going tomorrow after my appointment at 8:00. It will be nice and quiet there then. Not too many people. I usually hate walking in there, but once I'm there, and on the machines I don't feel so out of place.

Well that's it. Hope you all have a good night. Talk to you later!!!

Gennel
05-14-2003, 11:48 PM
Well I made it to the Gym and did my hour on the elliptical machine. I was so hyped up that I burned 738 calories . I guess something inside me actually missed the workout? LOL

I got home in time to watch the rest of American Idol. I want Ruben to win so bad. But my gut tells me that Clay will win. Clay's voice is excellent but it sounds too "Broadway" for me . I guess I love the
"soul" type of voice. Did anyone notice that Clay was singing Unchained Melody? Is that the name of the song? Anyway,tonight Justin also sang it and it was TOTALLY amazing!!!!!!! I thought that Clay was amazing singing it lastnight until I heard Justin sing it. Justin sang it nice and slow and so smooth I had goosebumps all over. I get like a little teenager holding my face and screaming lol .
ok,time to watch BET comedy! It's almost over anyway :)

night,Gen

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-15-2003, 01:23 AM
GO GEN!!!!!

An hour on the elliptical? I still afraid to try it, for fear of looking like a total idiot when I have to get off after only 5 minutes. You ROCK!!!

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-16-2003, 01:28 AM
Got in an extra 2 miles last night. So far today I have 1.5 miles walking and 3 miles on the bike, but I'm planning again on another 3 mile walk afer the kids are in bed and fast asleep. And I hope that is soon. :crossed: I'm also hoping for a least a 3 pound loss this week, don't know if I'm going to get it though. I think I might try getting up really early tomorrow and going to the gym. I almost got on the elliptical today, but ran out of time. Maybe tomorrow then. I also almost ran on the treadmill, but too many cute guys were there and I didn't want to go thump, thump, thumping on there. I think I'll give that one a little more time :lol:

Well I'm off, hope you all have agood night. And have a great Friday!!!!

gigglez
05-16-2003, 11:10 PM
Evening ladies!

Ok the pain meds and the mother's day dinner got the best of me and I am not up 2 that I lost. So I am hoping that this week I can get rid of some of it. It totally sucks to have to live on those things but you would be suprised on how well they help you function when you are in true pain. Haven't even watched the first show of American Idol, I did however watch Nashville Star and didn't like the outcome of that one, but oh well. Congrats to everone on your losses and maintaining. keep it up!

sandy

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-17-2003, 01:05 AM
Hello,

Well I didn't get the other walk in last night, but definately tonight. Tomorrow is such a busy day, I'm not sure I'll get in any exercise. I'm dreading tomorrow. Maybe I can get my butt up ad go work out. I doubt it. 3 miles today so far. But I still have a couple chores to do. Eating has actually been going pretty good.

Well I guess I'll talk to you all later. Have a great Weekend!!!!

gigglez
05-17-2003, 07:16 AM
Jen you sound like me. I too dread the next day when I know it is going to be so busy and hetic that I will not be able to get in my workout. Sucks don't it. If the ball season ever gets over with I just might have some more free time to do that in the evenings. Although I hate the gym in the evenings I can however stand to get out and walk, which is something that mother nature isn't allowing too much of lately.

Here's to a good Sat. to you all.

sandy

angieME
05-17-2003, 08:49 AM
I am down 2 pounds this week!! YEAH!! 144.5!!!! I am surprised because I ate alot more than I should have of hubbies Napolean last weekend. I guess walking 6 miles a day is good exercise. :lol: It doesn't feel like it because I really enjoy to walk. I dread Fall already and it hasn't actually warmed up here yet. hehe

That puts me at a loss of 5.5 pounds for this challenge so far. Yeah! I met a goal. I actually tried on all of my "skinny" jeans from the last time I lost weight yesterday for fun. THEY FIT!!! I got into all of my size 8 jeans. That felt great!

Good Luck to everyone on their weigh in and have a great Saturday!!

grizzlyschick
05-17-2003, 12:42 PM
:D Hi all thank God I can say I have a loss to report. I'm down 2 lbs this week. So 12 more to go. It feels like it's taking forever to see 140 anything! A friend gave me a huge bag of clothes she had cleaned out of her closet and thank goodness they all fit. So if I manage to stay at this size once I hit goal, I have some Summer clothes now. If I'm fortunate enough to keep seeing inch losses though, maybe I'll go down another size. Way to go Ang on the 8's:high: Way to go Steph- your losses are incredible:D Kina and Gen as always you guys boost me up! Kempyd- glad to see you again. That landscape is beautiful:). Well everyone got to run- hope you all see losses this week. Take care. Di

jen519
05-17-2003, 05:24 PM
Hey Di. I can only imagine how frustrating it is to be so close to goal and have the scale be stubborn. Good for you losing 2 pounds. And Angie! 6 miles a day. That's awesome. I'm glad you're seeing results.
I actually saw a loss of 1 pound this week as well. If I can quit kicking myself for what I didn't do right last week, I can focus on doing it right this next week. Starting with this weekend. I tend to really food binge either Saturday or Sunday evening. I'm not one who enjoys needlework of any kind and sometimes, I just would like to relax and watch TV or a movie, but I tend to get bored and want to eat. Is that weird? I learned a way to weave a rope or cord out of multi-colored yarn or floss last weekend. I'm going to work on it tonight when I watch TV and see how that goes.
Went for a 15-minute walk this morning. A good brisk one, though. I feel like I'm at a great point to get started again. I'm turning 41 on Monday which probably makes me the oldest one here. I was thinking how much easier it was for me to lose weight when I was in my 20s and then realized that it was because I was definitely more active. If I can lose a pound in a week where I had one bad food day, several so-so food days, and only a couple of good ones, I should really be able to take off the weight if I get more excersize and have more good food days, right?
This post is getting long so I'll quit now. Guess I'm ready to journal today!

Jen519

gigglez
05-17-2003, 07:22 PM
Chick, wish that someone would give me some cloths I am getting to where none of mine fit.

grizzlyschick
05-17-2003, 08:01 PM
Hey gigglez- yeah I was really grateful for the clothes. When I was in size 16- 20, my sister in law who was losing had given me clothes, then when I got into 12's I went to Goodwill and hit a $.99 cent a piece clothes sidewalk sale- lucky me! And now my friend Di who shares my name has grown out of her 7's through 12's and is passing some my way. There was a time when I was in the 14's I just wore my 16's and listened to the comments about my baggy clothes. I'm amazed at the difference in jeans. I have a pair of 12's, that have a smaller waist than my 9's. When I was at 330 I never wore jeans, so the elastic clothes I could just lie to myself about the size I wore. Now I can't- good dose of reality I guess. Good luck on getting clothes. I hope your fortunate enough to have someone pass some your way soon.
Hi Jen- Way to go on the loss. You know I never imagined that when I got this close to goal, it would become so much harder. I miss the guaranteed 3-4 pound weekly losses I used to have. The good thing is I used the time I was plateauing or muscle gaining or whatever the heck it was, to learn more about food choices, variety with my exercise routines, and not being such a perfectionist with myself. You know it's not weird to want to eat when your bored. The only thing that saves me is the Crystal Light popsicles I make myself. Just having something to chew on seems to satisfy my hunger most times, and hey they help get more fluid to so that's a plus. Hope you have a great Birthday next week,:hb: Well I gotta run. Take care- Di

laney1733
05-17-2003, 10:16 PM
Hello ladies! I'm reporting in with a 1 pound loss this week. Better than the 0 loss last week! I skipped the treadmill and dh and I took the baby and walked 2 miles this morning and 1.5 this evening. It felt nice to be outside! But I don't feel like I got a "workout" today. Tomorrow I'll do at least 5, that's my promise to myself.
Tonight I have my cousins kids over, so there are6 kids in the house right now! My dh just left for work too. I think I'm in for a long night. My munchy of choice, for when I just want to eat something while I'm watching tv is popcorn. I usually eat a bag every night I'd probably lose faster if I could break that habit. The night time eating thing is so deeply a part of my life! My mother used to make us a bedtime snack every night and it's something I've always looked forward to.
I need to get back to the laundry now. I've got at least 5 more loads to do tonight. At this rate I'll be up till 3am!! Have a great Sunday everyone.:)

angieME
05-17-2003, 11:14 PM
Yep, nighttime eating is a biggie for me too. I have almost completely cut it out except for Saturdays and some times when I am having a difficult time staying on plan.

Serina, do you exercise 7 days a week? I do . I can't help it, it is like I have an urgent need to do it or I feel guilty. Right now I am trying to get in as many miles as I can while it is still relatively cool so I can get to goal(which I may change to 136 because that is the weight I maintained for the longest time) I think I have a habit of being obsessive about things, overeating,exercise,etc. :lol: I remember when I hit goal last time this guy said to me" So Angie are you still exercising your life away?" I was so insulted feeling and I never forgot it and it made me feel like I was weird or something. I gained a bunch of weight back and I have decided that I would rather "exercise my life away than eat it away" hehe

Have a good night with the kids. I hope you can get some sleep.

Di, Can you believe the size difference in jeans? It is ridiculous isn't it? I hate to buy jeans so I usually stick with a few and call it good. I can try on 15 pair and only one will fit right. It sucks so bad.

Jen, way to go on your loss!! Good for you!!

Gennel
05-18-2003, 01:24 AM

gigglez..Goal 6 lbs..Loss 4 lbs

Jen519..Goal 8 lbs..Loss 1 lbs

Yoyomom..Goal 4 lbs..Loss 3 lbs

Shimmers ..Goal 6 lbs

Mark&Ivy'smom..Goal 8 lbs..Loss 5 lbs

purduegirl..Goal 5 lbs

Laney1733..Goal 8 lbs..Loss 2 lbs

Kina ..Goal 6 lbs

AngieMe..Goal 5 lbs..Loss 5.5 lbs

bobsgal..Goal 13 lbs..Loss 10 lbs

Dustcatcher..Goal..5 lbs

Grizzlyshick ..Goal..7 lbs Loss 3 lbs

gigglez
05-18-2003, 08:34 AM
Morning!

Serina, the popcorn thing gets me as well. Have you tried Orville's smart pop. This one is good and it is low in cal and fat. The whole bag has 30 cal and for anyone out there who is doing WW 0 points!
As I look back on my childhood I realize that my mother also made us bedtime snacks and made us clean our plates. I don't know if they realized how much those habbits hurt us in the end. I do not ask my son to clean his plate nor do I push on him bedtime snacks. If he wants a desert after super, 9 times out of 10 he gets fruit. I guess that I am thankful that I have a child that loves to have fruit and ff yogurt. There are times that I honestly believe that if I was made to clean my plate and given those snacks I would be better off today. Oh well, that is the past and there is no use in living there.

Enough said. Time to get up and get on with my Sunday. Time to get ready to go to church and the day.

sandy

laney1733
05-18-2003, 03:33 PM
Good morning everyone. I beat my goal of 5 miles this morning by doing 5.25. And my eating has been on track thus far. Has anyone else tried the Lean Pockets? I just got them the other day and I am loving them! Especially the turkey with cheese and broccoli one. YUM!
Angie, I usually exercise 6 days a week. That is 4-7 miles a day, usually on the treadmill, running my butt off. (I hope!) On my "day off" I usually just walk 2-5 miles with DH or my friend. You're right, I don't seem to be able to skip a day without feeling "off", not really guilt though. I just seem to be angry and lazy those days, like all day, not just toward my exercise. I too would rather exercise my life away than the alternative, which for me is to be +200 lbs. I am so much happier with myself now than I have ever been and it is worth it. Besides, if I wasn't exercising for that time, I'd probably just be sitting in front of the tv. Now, which sounds like more of a waste of time to you? I'm going to continue to do what it takes. It sounds like this guy was jealous or threatened in some way by your achievement. I'm trying to become a stronger person (inside) and learn how to blow off ignorant people. It's not easy for someone like me to do that. I tend to be pretty mousey with people I don't know well.
Gigglez, yep, the Orville Redenbacher's Smart Pop. But I get a bag to be 220 cals, 2 servings per bag at 110 each. Mine is the Smart Pop, 94% fat free. Is yours differant? I'd like to switch, if it is only 30. That is a huge savings!
Congrats to everyone on your losses this week!! You all have so much to be proud of!!:) TTFN,

bobsgal
05-18-2003, 07:17 PM
Gen- I lost 5 lbs last week and have lost 8 lbs so far so I reset my goal to 13 lbs for the month. I have 5 lbs left to go to meet my challenge for the month. I weigh in tomorrow so I should be reporting another loss.
Steph

gigglez
05-18-2003, 08:21 PM
Serina read on the side of the box. It reads 1 cup popped and the calories are 15. There are 2 cups per bag for a total of 30,

angieME
05-18-2003, 09:02 PM
Serina, I love the fajita hot pockets but I can usually sit there and chow on them so I don't buy them too often. They are awesome though.

Steph, You are doing awesome!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. We opened our pool up and lounged around on the deck. I bought these wooden bears that look like they are fishing and attached them to the ends of the deck so they look like they are fishing from the pool. It is so cute plus it keeps the dogs from climbing on the edge of the pool and jumping to the ground.

laney1733
05-18-2003, 09:39 PM
Giggles, what exactly is your popcorn called? Mine is Orville Redenbacher's Smart pop 94% fat free. The side of the box says 2 servings per bag @ 110 cals each. Maybe you have some kind of smaller bags? Mine are 7.5 cups popped, not 2. I didn't know they sold smaller bags though? Maybe it's a regional thing...
I finally took my cousins kids home and my oldest two are in bed, yippee!! And they have school tomorrow!:) I must admit to kind of dreading summer vacation. But, on the other hand I do look forwaRD to being able to spend more one on one time with them. I have managed to do very well with my eating today! I'm going to try really hard this week cuz I know the picnic this weekend will spell trouble! I can smell the bbq now! yum yum yum... Well, gotta go for now, ttfn,

Dips'n'twists
05-19-2003, 06:25 AM
Ciao Ladies,

Hello to all that remember me. I just thought I'd drop in since things at the home base are slowly returning to normal. Our guys are still away but they are doing well. Or base only lost 1 soldier and it was through an accidental shooting.

As far as my state of fitness, I've sworn off red meats (very temporarily) and I'm drinking water like it's going out of style, maily because it's hot as $&%* out here [Italy]. The weather has really picked up and I'm pissed because I swore I would be sporting a 2 peice by june but it seems that July is more likely at this point. I'm gonna give it my all but we'll see what happens.

For now I'm sitting pretty about 10 pound from my goal weight.

I'm glad to see all is wel with every body, Genell is all into American Idol, lol. I'm rooting for Ruben too But if Clay wins, he'll deserve it because he is an awesome talent. I'll know the results the day after you all, grante dI saty away from the news,(which is impossible in my line of work)

Well I'll shut up now

-Dips-

gigglez
05-19-2003, 07:36 AM
Laney one the side there is a colum for unpopped and popped. Use the popped side to figure the calories afterall you are eating it afer it is popped. There are many different sizes of orvilles on the market. There is ever single serve size bags as well. As for getting them it depends on the warehouse location that your grocery store is using. The grocery store that I work for uses a warehouse that is in Ohio and they do not handle or even want to get the items that are sold more in the south. Plus they are more millitary based, I guess that is why they have the worst customer service that I have ever seem. Just look all over for the different sizes, I know that super wally world has them in smaller sizes, and so does merijer.

bobsgal
05-19-2003, 10:40 AM
I'm reporting a 2 lb loss this week so that's 10 lbs so far for this challenge. Only 3 more to go. I get weighed and measured at Curves on the 28th(Wed) so I'll put my final total in then.
Steph

gigglez
05-20-2003, 07:00 AM
Way to go Steph. Talk about melting away you sure are. Hope that I am fortunate enough to meet my goal by the end of the month. Keep it up!

angieME
05-21-2003, 05:12 PM
How is everyone this week? I am doing good. I have been baking calories throuout the day so that I can have a waffle cone with fat free yogurt at night. It seems to be working and the scale still is going down so I hope I figured out the art of doing it. :lol:

I am changing my goal weight from 130 to 135. Last time I got to 130 I had a hard time staying there so I figured that I feel great right now so 135 should be a good weight. If I don't like it when I get there I can always lose more. he he.

We are having trouble with our pool this year. We seem to be losing water but can't find a tear in the liner or anything. It is a headache and I hope it is fixed soon.

gigglez
05-22-2003, 11:11 AM
Real quick. I am down with strep, but did manage to weigh in(DOCS OFFICE!). The scale read 190. That puts total loss at 6. Made my goal!!!!!!!!!!!!

angieME
05-22-2003, 12:19 PM
Way to go Gigglez!!!!!WOOHOO!!!!!

I hope you get better soon.

dustcatcher
05-22-2003, 04:03 PM
I have lost another pound since I last posted. I know it's not much but it's something. My goal was to lose 5 lbs this month, and I've lost 4, so I hope I can lose 1 more in the next week. I am never overly optimistic. LOL

dustcatcher

gigglez
05-23-2003, 06:18 AM
Morning ladies. Need much support right now. I have learned this morning that my ex has been released from prision and he is supposed to have been sent here to KY to stand trial but don't really know. This stress of it all and you know what that can do to a diet! All I am looking for is child support here and this state acts as if I am crazy to ask for that. Excuse me but I think that if they laid down and helped make them they can stand up and help support them. I guess that they don't really want to and don't give a rat behind about them. If only they knew how much that support helps. Cloths and activites for them are not exactly cheap, and health care and meds are outrageous. Got lucky with the healthcare, finally quailfied for kchip here which has generous income giude lines. OK I have went on long enough. Just please remember me!

sandy

jen519
05-23-2003, 04:57 PM
Sandy,
You are absolutely right about your ex being responsible for supporting his child(ren). Perhaps if society in general accepted that fact, birth control would not be a "woman's issue" and the quality of life for countless children would be improved. I feel fortunate living in Washington state. Once paternity was established, there was no question about my ex being financially responsible. The state automatically deducts from his paycheck and I get it direct-deposited into my bank account. I don't even have to speak to the man if I don't want to which is fine with me. I hope you're able to get some relief. In the meantime, I'm thinking of you.

Don't have much positive to say about my weight loss (or lack thereof:( ). Yo-yo-ing all week long, hoping I don't show a gain on Saturday. That seems to be what I've been doing for a while now. Like some weird game of chance. Still here, though.

Jen519

grizzlyschick
05-24-2003, 07:26 AM
:) Hi everyone. Sandy- sounds like you're going through a tough time right now, I'll keep you in my thoughts. Congrats to Sandy, Steph and dustcatcher on the losses:cb: I don't know how I did it, but I'm down 3 lbs. I'm at 149, so 9 more to go. I can't wait to hit my goal! A girl at the gym gave me a book to read on strength training, so I'm trying to pick up some tips from that. Trying to figure out some motivators for myself to help me maintain once I hit my goal. Ang- 135 sounds like a good goal, I hope I'll want to stick to 140 instead of going lower, like I did with 160. I'm almost afraid to get to goal, because I don't know how to go from here to maintainence, something I'm going to research today. Anyway, gotta run, hope everyone has a great weekend, take care- Di

angieME
05-24-2003, 08:27 AM
Sandy, I am thinking of you. I hope it all works out.

CONGRATS DI!!!! You broke into the 140's WOOHOO!!!! You are so close!!

I am showing another 1 1/2 pound loss this week. I am kinda craving lomein so hopefully I can either resist(period is due anytime) or only eat a little.

Yesterday was so busy getting ready baking for the tourists that I only got to walk for 1 1/2 miles and I had to do that during work. :lol: I felt so guilty all night.

Yoyo Mom
05-24-2003, 09:15 AM
Hi, folks,

At my weigh-in today I was down 4.5 pounds total for the challenge, which means I've met goal!!! :cb: I know there's still almost another week on the challenge so I hope I don't screw it up. A half pound isn't a lot of slack.

Angie & Di, you both rock!!! :bravo: You're both in that last stretch and it's great to see you both making so much progress now so near goal (after having stuck it through the plateaus). It's always heartening to see effort paying off.

Dusty, you're doing great!!! :cp: You've lost 4 pounds and that was my goal! You don't need to meet the goal to be a winner... any loss is a good loss!

Sandy, Yikes! :yikes: Way to go on making goal!!!! But, sorry you have caught the strep (geepers... is it catchable on the 'net? It seems to be going around here!) and the situation with your ex would drive me bonkers!!!! I hope you get more support from the courts than it sounds like you've been getting.

Jen, sorry to hear your weight isn't cooperating. I've been there. Have you tried setting goals that are only indirectly weight related? :chin: You might try for drinking 64 oz of water a day or eating a large salad every day before dinner or taking a 30 minute walk every day or commit to logging *everything* you eat... something that is easy to check off. Then you might find that the weight starts to drop as a side effect.

Steph, Woohoo!!!! :dancer: You're really making great progress!
I'm glad that Curves is working for you.

Hey, Dips, glad to see you check in :wave: ! I'm sorry your base lost anyone, and I'm afraid we will continue to have troops at risk for some time to come. Glad you didn't have to go... Italy may be hot, but it's hotter down there!!!

Serina, slow and steady wins the race! Down a pound is great in my book! You've been exercising and that's important... I tip my hat off to you!!! That goes for you too, Jen (M&I's Mom) :strong:

Gen, as always, thanks for maintaining both the thread and your weight!

Sorry if I've missed anyone. Have a great weigh-in today!

-Deborah

Gennel
05-24-2003, 03:29 PM
I'm sure I missed someone here that might have posted a loss earlier this week so please send me a message if I missed it.
You ladies are on the right track!

gigglez..Goal 6 lbs..Loss 6 lbs

Yoyomom..Goal 4 lbs..Loss 4.5 lbs

Shimmers ..Goal 6 lbs

Mark&Ivy'smom..Goal 8 lbs..Loss 8 lbs

purduegirl..Goal 5 lbs

Kina ..Goal 6 lbs..Loss 2lbs

AngieMe..Goal 5 lbs..Loss 7 lbs

bobsgal..Goal 13 lbs..Loss 14 lbs

Dustcatcher..Goal..5 lbs..Loss 5 lbs

Grizzlyshick ..Goal..7 lbs Loss 6 lbs

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-24-2003, 10:25 PM
Well.....I think I'm back. Had a really hard time the past week, but I'm slowly getting back into this. Easing myself into exercise again also. I hope to pick up the pace within a couple days. I didn't weigh in last week, due to the bad time that started with a bad sunburn, which actually turned into heat stroke (according to the ER doc) so......Monday we'll see what kind of damage I have caused. Hopefully it won't be too bad, although I don't think I'm going to make this goal. But you never know.

gigglez
05-24-2003, 11:53 PM
Evening all.

Yeah!!!!! I think that I feel like a huiman once again. I have to be getting better all I have done today is eat, but I have been good there. I wsih that I was able to get in some exercise thought. I am going to try to do my ab workout and see how that goes. I just dont hope that I show a gain this week after all these days being sick. M/I mon so sorry to hear about you sunburn and heat stroke. Hope that you get to feeling better real soon. It's gettin late so I better say good night and try to get some rest. Here's to a great weekend.

Kina
05-25-2003, 03:46 AM
I didn't have time to post this morning but I showed a 2 lb loss. Woohoo! I don't think I will make goal but I will take any losses! Thank you.

Well we are getting home late from seeing the new Matrix movie! All I can say is WOW! It was so cool! I can't wait for the next one.

Sorry this is going to be short...big thumbs up to all the losers. Di...girl you are on your way to stardom! Angie...your'e doing good girlie. Jen519...heads up it's coming your way. Sandy...keep your spine strong, I've been through it all and it doesn't get easier...stick to you guns. So many more not mentioned but certainly not forgotten big hello's to you all!

Hugs & Smiles, Kina

grizzlyschick
05-25-2003, 06:37 AM
:bravo: WOO HOO KINA!! Way to go on the 2lb loss!!- You're off and running now:cb: you're doing great- way to go girl!
M&I's mom- I feel your pain:yikes: I think sunburn with heat stroke is one of the worst feelings and definitely most energy draining, hope your weigh in goes well.
gigglez- glad to hear you're feeling better and your spirits are up:) here's hoping you have a great weekend to!
Well all it's another rainy day:rain: it seems like it's been raining for years here instead of days! I'm determined to get in some exercise today though. Husband made some killer chili yesterday. It was good and I only had a little, but he overdid it on the salt and I'm really retaining water today! ARGH! Oh well, at least it's not a weigh in day so I don't have to see how much I'm actually retaining:o Well gotta run. Take care. Di

gigglez
05-25-2003, 11:02 AM
Way to go on the 2lbs Kina! Grizzly, have you thought about drinking water with lemon to get rid of some of the water that you are retaining? Works really well. Gotta run today have to go in on my day off.

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-26-2003, 05:42 PM
Hi all,

Still on the mission to get back on track. Just checking in real quick. I weighed in with a 3 a pound loss this past 2 weeks for a Total of 8 pounds. I did it!! . Didn't think I was going to make it. So I hit my may goal so far and went past my Memorial Day Goal. I will check back in again later, have to start more laundry (does it ever end?) and dinner for tonight. Talk to you all later. I will probobly weigh in at the end of the challeng to get a final weight.

Happy Memorial Day!!!

angieME
05-26-2003, 07:40 PM
I did end up over eating on Saturday. I have been craving pizza so we went to Pizza Hut for lunch(I haven't been there since I was 16) YUM!!! That was some good pizza. I had 2 slices and some pzone. Then my mind said well now I might as well get lomein for supper( I need to work on that still) but they dont do combo plates on Saturday and I didn't want to get a big container of it because I KNEW I would eat it all. So I declined and bought a thing of lowfat fried rice at SuperWalmart out of the freezer section(It is chefs choice and it only has 1.5 grams of fat per serving and it tastes so good) So that was my chinese. BUT.... then we went home and I had to bake some pastries for our accounts so I made cookies for the kids and I ate 7!!! Anyhow I feel like a success because I didn't get the full fat chinese too and because I actually woke up Sunday and got right back to eating right!! That is the first time I think I have ever done that. Usually I slip and fall for a week before I can get on track again. So in my book my weekend was a success.

I felt so good on Saturday that I had my daughter take some pics of me to see if I still got upset to see myself in pics and I can say that I don't. I feel good right here. I'll post one in a minute.

Way to go Kina and Jen!!! GREAT JOB!!!!

angieME
05-26-2003, 07:52 PM

dustcatcher
05-27-2003, 09:19 PM
Hey, I did it! I made my goal! I lost 5 lbs since the beginning of this month. I am really proud of myself! Didn't think I could do it!

dustcatcher

gigglez
05-28-2003, 07:25 AM
WTG to dustcatcher!!!!!!!!!!!!

angieME
05-28-2003, 09:27 AM
How is everyones week so far? Mine is okay. I caught a cold so my throat is scratchy and gross feeling. But I am exercising and eating right still. I got so busy doing mulch and planting our new flower box last night that I had totally forgot about supper. Good thing we have a Subway uptown, Jay got me that and him and the kids had a pizza from MIL bakery. Now to do the 2 hanging baskets for the deck tonight and then I get to start over with the backyard planting this weekend(when I get more money :lol: )

WOOHOO Dustcatcher!!! Way to go!!!:bravo:

bobsgal
05-28-2003, 10:55 AM
Well today was my weigh in and measurement at Curves. My grand total for the month is a loss of 14 lbs, so I met and exceeded my goal. I also lost 9.5 inches. I am so pumped. Congrats to everyone else who's lost.
Steph

gigglez
05-29-2003, 08:29 AM
WTG Steph!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got on the scales last night and I am now into the 180s. Weighed in at 188 only 8 more to go and I get highlights!!!!!!!! TIme to keep moving down that is. So I guess that my total for this challenge is 8 lbs 2 more than I had hoped for. Yeah for me. Ok I have to pat myself on the back.

sandy

angieME
05-29-2003, 10:10 AM
Gen, How is your house doing. It must be getting close now.I'll bet you are so excited. I meant to ask you, Are you getting a pool with your house too? I'll bet the water never is too cold in Florida is it? :lol: My pool is 55 degrees right now. BBBRRR!!!!

Has anyone heard from Sahvara,RustyRusty or any of the others that were here a few months ago? I miss them and was just wondering.

My cold is getting a little better. It seems to have moved up to my sinuses. YEAH! haha

I have been doing 4 1/2 mile walks everyday this week. There just isn't enough time to do to much more. I hate being busy and the rain isn't helping much either.

Have a great day all!!!

laney1733
05-29-2003, 10:18 AM
Wow, it sounds like everyone is doing great! I had no loss last week and am hoping to squeak in one pound this week. I have been on this awful plateu forever! I have cut back on my calories and upped the intensity of my runs but I'm still holding tight. I'm being optimistic though. I know I will break it if I just stick with it. I did the same thing at 183. I hung on there for 2 months but then started going down again. I have set a little incentive program for myself. The first one is this bathing suit from Land's End when I reach 150. I want it sooo bad!! So, I'm going to push myself harder and do better with my eating to get it soon!:D You all are so amazing! And such inspiration!!! Thanks for posting about your challenges, lives and weight loss journies. I don't know if I'd have come this far without it.

laney1733
05-29-2003, 09:00 PM
I also have a new addiction. TCBY Sorbet Swirl 99% fat free frozen yogurt bars. Only 80 calories and well worth every one! I highly recommend them! I got them at Sam's Club, I've never looked for them anywhere else though. It feels like you're cheating! Just though ya'll might be interested.;) TTFN,

Gennel
05-29-2003, 11:58 PM
Hey Angie, Thehouse is coming along great. Words cant describe how desperate I am to finally move in. It seems like it's taken forever. Thank God we changed builders. This builder is actually very fast . We are 30-45 days to actually moving in the house! My husband has gotten so anxious to move out that he's actually told me NOT to give him any updates about the house at all! lol
So Ihave to shop around for insurance now without him knowing!
We wanted to get a pool with the house but the builder only works with one Pool company and they were charging around$25,000 for it! It might be cheap to some people but I dont want to add another $250 to our mortgage! I seen other companies that were much much cheaper so I will shop around for that later, but it's something we really want to get soon. I've been shopping for bargains and I'm hooked on ABC Distributing
catalog. They have an online catalog and they are super cheap!!!!
Below is a picture I took of the house about 3 weeks ago.My brother keeps me updated and they have done so much in so little time!Let me know if you cant see the pics...

FRONT OF HOUSE:
http://a0.cpimg.com/image/1E/5B/19001630-1601-02000180-.jpg

BBQ BACK PATIO AREA:

http://a1.cpimg.com/image/1F/5B/19001631-abb1-02000180-.jpg

LANEY! You have me curious on that TCBY Sorbet Swirl! lol

ttyl,Gen

gigglez
05-30-2003, 07:17 AM
Laney those bars sounds almost something like blue bunny ice cream puts out. They have 2 different types of the yougurt swril one is a fruit and the other is a chocolate.

grizzlyschick
05-31-2003, 08:40 AM
:) Hi everyone. It sounds like everyone's doing great. Laney those bars sounds delicious! Congrats to all the gals who made their goals:cp: You guys rock! Me, I just maintained this week. I keep telling myself that even on weeks I don't lose, I'm seeing clothes loosen and body changes ( I gotta tell myself stuff to keep from getting discouraged:lol: ) I was surprised that a shirt that was very tight 2 weeks ago, fits now. I may end up settling for 145 instead of 140. I stared at myself in the mirror the other day and it was the first time I've seen bones on me. You can see every bone in my back, my neck bones, and some ribs. I'm not sure I like that. I want to be thin, but not bony. I still dream of 140, but that just seems to be a pipe dream right now:p . Gen- the house is coming along great. Angie- love the new pic. I also love that top you're wearing- you look great:) . Well gotta run. Take care. By the way Gen- my goal for next time is 5lbs. I'm hoping to make it, but not going to beat myself up if I don't. Di

Mark&Ivy'smom
05-31-2003, 04:02 PM
well for a final weigh in for this challenge, I am down another 3 pounds so that's a total of 11 pounds . I have no idea where that extra 3 pounds came from. But hey I'll take it.

Congrats to everyone!!!!

angieME
05-31-2003, 06:11 PM
I am down 1 pound this week. I went back up this morning because I ate too much yesterday but 142 is where I have been since Tuesday so I am saying 142!!! :lol: So that is a total of8 pounds for this challenge. not bad.

Di, I am the same way you are right now. I feel good so I am more concentrating on trying to eat right and not gain but if I lose then BONUS! I went to the Good will store today and bought a brand new pair of Calvin Klein shorts with the tags still on them for $7.00. They were a size 8 and they fit perfect. that felt weird to know that I am a size 8. WOW!

Yoyo Mom
05-31-2003, 08:59 PM
Hi, folks,

No time for a long post tonight. T-storm on its way!

Down another pound for this challenge... Woohoo!!! Total of 5 pounds!!!

Congrats to everyone else who met their challenge or lost any weight, or even just plugged away at it..... see you all *next* challenge!

-Deborah

Gennel
05-31-2003, 09:02 PM
Final Weigh In Chart for this Month!
I will start a fresh new challenge tomorrow or Monday at the latest! Please send me a PM if I need to edit this last chart.

gigglez..Goal 6 lbs..Loss 6 lbs

Yoyomom..Goal 4 lbs..Loss 4.5 lbs

Shimmers ..Goal 6 lbs

Mark&Ivy'smom..Goal 8 lbs..Loss 11 lbs

purduegirl..Goal 5 lbs

Kina ..Goal 6 lbs..Loss 2lbs

AngieMe..Goal 5 lbs..Loss 8 lbs

bobsgal..Goal 13 lbs..Loss 14 lbs

Dustcatcher..Goal..5 lbs..Loss 5 lbs

Grizzlyshick ..Goal..7 lbs Loss 6 lbs

Gennel
06-03-2003, 09:45 PM
Here is the new link!
I just realized that the end of this challenge is in July. I will most likely be moving from here June 30th. So I wont be around to post or edit charts. Where I'm moving they dont have DSL and that totally sucks! They have earthlink regular dial up. I will probably stay at my brother's house for about 1-2 weeks until I finally move into the house!
I will keep you ladies updated.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28206

Gen

wishmeluck130lbs
06-04-2003, 12:17 AM
Well i just changed my signature to reflect what i weigh in at now and when i made up the first Signature it said 186 so that is what i weighed in at i guess when i started this challenge?So i lost 6 pounds exceeding my goal by 2 lbs...Yay me lol...