Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 12/28/2011

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 12/28/2011

lisa32989
12-28-2012, 07:06 AM
:welcome3:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

usmcvet
12-28-2012, 07:22 AM
Good morning peeps. We had lots of snow yesterday. Driving was scary. We're supposed to be going to my parents house a few hundred miles away but I'm not sure we're going to make the trip. The roads are still a mess.

Sammie12
12-28-2012, 08:29 AM
Good morning everyone it's a cold one here today. Glad to have 5 days off from work especially if its going to snow tomorrow. I like snow but only when I'm not having to drive in it. I hope everyone has a great Friday.

Fishette
12-28-2012, 08:40 AM
Sad day today ... Taking the grand kids back to the airport for their trip home. They are at such sweet ages. I took the 5yo girl to Claire's at the outlet mall yesterday and we had a marvelous time. I was surprised to find that she is very selective. She is getting her ears pierced when she gets home so we got lots of earrings (even pearl earrings!) and a few hair things. If it were me I would have wanted one of everything. :)

Willi
12-28-2012, 08:49 AM
Survived the holidays but WI is tomorrow!

LoriKay
12-28-2012, 09:10 AM
brrrr.... 8 inches of snow in South Dakota this morning. Since we really didn't have any last year, this is quite a change! Too bad it's so fluffy, not much water to help our farmers.

IdealProteinNewbie
12-28-2012, 09:13 AM
Had my weigh in this morning, down 1 pound...I'll take it, especially over Christmas!

IdealProteinNewbie
12-28-2012, 09:13 AM
PS- definitely plan to be in onederland next week!!!

greeniris
12-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Good morning peeps. We had lots of snow yesterday. Driving was scary. We're supposed to be going to my parents house a few hundred miles away but I'm not sure we're going to make the trip. The roads are still a mess.
It's so hard when decisions like this have to be made around the holidays. There are still some here in northern MI that don't have power from late last week. Be safe whatever you decide.

Sad day today ... Taking the grand kids back to the airport for their trip home. They are at such sweet ages. I took the 5yo girl to Claire's at the outlet mall yesterday and we had a marvelous time. I was surprised to find that she is very selective. She is getting her ears pierced when she gets home so we got lots of earrings (even pearl earrings!) and a few hair things. If it were me I would have wanted one of everything. :)
What a great memory you created with your granddaughter! She will always think of you when choosing which earrings to wear.

brrrr.... 8 inches of snow in South Dakota this morning. Since we really didn't have any last year, this is quite a change! Too bad it's so fluffy, not much water to help our farmers.
Know what you mean - some are hoping for a heavy snow winter here for that same reason.

Had my weigh in this morning, down 1 pound...I'll take it, especially over Christmas!
YAY!! Congratulations!!!!

Chloe222
12-28-2012, 09:47 AM
Good morning all,
Starting day 3 of my reboot. Have to admit, it's kind of exciting to see how it will go. The scuttlebutt is that the weight doesn't come off as easily as the first time, so I'll see and will record the second time around in a separate chart by my signature.

Am really working this hard, no restricteds and drinking at least 120 oz water/day. I do exercise though (weights, cardio, power plate and pilates), but always have and need to for health reasons (herniated back, etc). I live pain free with lots of exercise.

Have a wonderful OP day!
Chloe

ShanCo
12-28-2012, 10:07 AM
Good morning! I have really been missing my Starbucks but I think I figured out something totally Phase 1 legal...I am a strict no cheater...does this sound OK to those of you more experienced?

Am americano with an inch of FF milk and SF vanilla flavor?

mrskuby
12-28-2012, 10:21 AM

Great job! I hope onederland is all you've dreamed it could be! LOL ;) You really have a lot to be proud of! Getting through the holidays and losing is amazing!

I am soo sick right now...my hubby just agreed to postphone our trip to PA until the morning so I can get another good night's sleep. I think I have strep though so all the sleep in the world prolly won't help! One good thing is that I don't feel much like eating so staying OP is actually easy...although I am craving some good sweets! I tried some of the IP sweets yesterday but they just missed the mark. Oh well...I've made it this far!!!:carrot:

Have a great day everyone!!!

Fishette
12-28-2012, 10:24 AM

I have no doubt! You are really in control of this thing!

bubbleblower
12-28-2012, 10:30 AM
Good morning! I have really been missing my Starbucks but I think I figured out something totally Phase 1 legal...I am a strict no cheater...does this sound OK to those of you more experienced?

I've been using WF chocolate syrup in my coffee and it feels like a *huge* cheat but it isn't. Frothed milk with SF vanilla should be fine as well, I would think.

Today is my son's and fiance's last day in the islands with us. They're out playing tourist and then we'll take them out to a little Italian place we like for dinner. I know they have all kinds of salads and fresh seafood on the menu so it should be fine for me. The pasta, pizza and garlic knots are to die for, though!! I'll have to be satisfied with just the aromas. ;) We'll take them to the airport early tomorrow morning. It's going to feel quiet around here! We still have another week before we head north for a month or so.

I'm sore from diving and lugging gear the last couple of days. I'll do more next week, but am doing my best not to overdo. :beach:

Oh ... and before I forget: I have a signature ticker!!!! Hooray!!!! :dancer:

sonyainva
12-28-2012, 10:46 AM

Awesome job, you will be in wonderland very soon.

Fishette you are a great grandma.

Maezy1 hope you are recovering well

I have a huge headache since eating carbs and sugar on Christmas day, took 3 extra strength excedrin still have a lingering headache, took sea salt. Trying to drink more water.

Had no trouble getting back to p1, not sure the headache was worth it

Have decided I know which friends of mine like to sabotage me and will avoid them. Pisses me off since I am always so supportive.

IdealProteinNewbie
12-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Thanks everyone! My home scale did say 199 but the clinic scale was 200 so I had to go with the "official" number lol

kasamsdad
12-28-2012, 10:54 AM
Hello all just had my WI and I am only 1# from goal in only 8 weeks (39# & 22.5" gone)!!! I never thought I would see myself at this weight again, just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for the ideas and support I have seen. Now onto planning for phase 3 starting next week.

1LittleStar
12-28-2012, 10:55 AM

Ohhhh, that sounds great! I got a Starbucks gift card for Christmas and was wondering if I would be able to use it on something yummier than black coffee. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

----------------------------------------

Had a great day yesterday. Had my weigh-in and dedicated more than ever to the program. Continue to resist the temptations that are around everywhere! Never noticed them so much before, because I don't think I ever tried resisting them in the past, hence the weight! I am trying not to watch the food network as much, it makes me hungry!

1LittleStar
12-28-2012, 10:56 AM
Hello all just had my WI and I am only 1# from goal in only 8 weeks (39# & 22.5" gone)!!! I never thought I would see myself at this weight again, just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for the ideas and support I have seen. Now onto planning for phase 3 starting next week.

Amazing, congratulations!!

Willi
12-28-2012, 11:04 AM

Wow, congratulations!

Willi
12-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Thanks everyone! My home scale did say 199 but the clinic scale was 200 so I had to go with the "official" number lol

Darn, sooooo close! Next week!!!

sonyainva
12-28-2012, 11:10 AM

Congrats on making it, that is fabulous.

mrskuby
12-28-2012, 11:13 AM

Great job! You should be proud of yourself!!! :cloud9:

ragdoll74
12-28-2012, 11:26 AM

Depends on what size, I'd say maybe if you order a short (8oz) americano....1" of fat free milk seems like more than the allowed 1 oz even in a tall. You can try an espresso machiatto. That is just espresso with only the foam from the steamed milk.

Cinderbug
12-28-2012, 11:27 AM
I have just completed my 2 week on IP. Love this diet. I have lost 18.5 lbs. So excited to see what happens next week.

Missdee18
12-28-2012, 11:58 AM
WI yesterday, lost 1.5 pounds over Christmas.. So excited.. looking to be out of the 180's soon. Maybe next week...

KLD81230
12-28-2012, 12:04 PM
Complete lurker here, everyone! It's funny how I feel like I know so many of you as I read and re-read old threads.

I'm heading out this morning to the city to celebrate the holidays with my husband's family. This will be the first time on IP out of my comfort zone/home/kitchen so I'm a bit nervous. I have been mostly 100% OP since starting on 12/1/12, but have had a few slip ups. I am feeling pretty prepared, but hope that I can really stick with it. I'm not sharing this diet with anyone, but have told my MIL that I'm grain-, sugar-, and starch-free right now. We are a healthy vegetarian family that has been moving away from gluten recently, so diet variations are the norm with us. I don't feel like I'll get a lot of odd looks about my food choices. Being vegetarian does make things more difficult with choosing protein choices outside of your own home, but I know I can do it!

Have a fantastic Friday! My laptop is coming with me, so I'll be checking in when I can. Now we are off to get some snowboarding in on the way out of town. I LOVE having a season pass at the resort on the only mountain pass out of town!

FutureFitChick
12-28-2012, 12:37 PM
I met another goal this morning, which feels great. I am trying to decide where I want to set the next one. I do a lot better when thinking I don't have that far left to go to reach my goal (rather than trying to think about the end of the rainbow -- meaning pot of goal, not RainbowSmiles :) ).

Food yesterday and at breakfast was OP. My husband was awesome and made me an OP dinner even when he did not want to eat so that I could keep getting work done. I made it through a ton of research papers yesterday, which felt great. (I was only able to get through them all because I DID NOT read every page. I am still learning like that I am allowed to do that and not ready every word. It still feels like I am cheating at times and that I will miss that one nugget of information that will be the key to the big picture.) Today will be all writing right after I finish my posts.

usmcvet, that happened to us on the 26th. It was tough coming home to an empty house after being with my mom's side of the family for several days. (Kids screaming, TV blaring, people yelling... Fun chaos.) Then our trip 1 hour away got derailed by being fearful we would not be able to get back home safely that night. I was really (and unexpectedly sad).

Sammie, glad you get to barracade yourself indoors away from the snow.

Fishette, sounds like a fun time with your granddaughter. I remember when I was 5 and got my ears pierced. My mom was afraid it would hurt me too much and I promised I would not get hurt. I remember sitting on the chair with this giant smile plastered on my face and tears running from my eyes when they finally pulled the trigger! Ha Ha!!

Willie, great job for surviving the holidays and good luck at the WI.

LoriKay, so, fluffy snow is drier?

IdealProteinNewbie, congrats on the WI! I just got o Onderland and it is really great being here.

GreenIris, hope you have a fantastic day!

Chloe, good luck on the strict plan. I haven't tried that yet.

ShanCo, that sounds great. I was resifted an espresso maker last summer. I just make my IP shake as a latte everyday, sometimes adding in a SF syrup. I love it!

MrsKuby, hang in there with the IP sweets. It took me a while to adapt as well and I just had to keep focusing on the fact that this was a short term adaptation. I really hope you feel better tonight!

BubbleBlower, hope you get your kids off OK. On our October trip, my gear seemed really taxing to move around too. I felt silly, because I had already lost that much weight, but I am not exercising much outside of walking at work. So, my guess was I really wasn't used to hauling large amounts of weight around.

Sonyaiva, hope your headache gets better ASAP. Get some rest!

Kasamsdad, congratulations! That is great news!

Cinderbug, that is really great! Congratulations.

MissDee18, great job!

KLD81230, good luck on your trip. I was in a very similar situation over Thanksgiving at my Grandfather-in-laws. DH is a lactose-intolerant vegetarian and I was not sharing with my MIL (who is clinically anorexic) that I was dieting. It wasn't all smooth sailing, but I probably feared the situation more than I needed to. Keep us posted how it is join!

jmuroff1
12-28-2012, 12:46 PM
Day 3 back on the program and I had the courage to weigh myself after the holidays...up to 166 from 164 so that's not too bad...guess I didn't do as bad as I thought :) Feeling the symtoms of ketosis now...headache and a bit hungry but it's not too bad, nothing tylenol can't fix and lettuce :) Hope everyone has a great day today :hug:

bubbleblower
12-28-2012, 01:02 PM
I met another goal this morning, which feels great. I am trying to decide where I want to set the next one. I do a lot better when thinking I don't have that far left to go to reach my goal (rather than trying to think about the end of the rainbow -- meaning pot of goal, not RainbowSmiles :) ).

I may have to start doing that. Even though I don't have that much to lose compared to some folks here, it's still overwhelming sometimes when I think about the fact that I've still got a long way to go. The Valentine's challenge will basically put me at goal weight, so I really do need something shorter term in between. Maybe I can use just getting to the halfway point as a mini-goal ...

BubbleBlower, hope you get your kids off OK. On our October trip, my gear seemed really taxing to move around too. I felt silly, because I had already lost that much weight, but I am not exercising much outside of walking at work. So, my guess was I really wasn't used to hauling large amounts of weight around.

I keep watching the weather at home to see if there's anything that might affect their flight ... Better to know beforehand than upon arrival at the airport for an early flight! And yeah, my thighs and arms hurt, more from lugging gear than the diving! I also had a harder time coming up the steps on the boat ladder with all the gear on my back! Luckily I don't dive with much adding weight, but still ... I should be good to go after a couple of lazy days. :D

lisa32989
12-28-2012, 01:23 PM

Is an inch an ounce?
I am craving some good sweets! I tried some of the IP sweets yesterday but they just missed the mark. Oh well...I've made it this far!!!
I had to learn quickly rather than "missing" things, this was an opportunity to acquire new tastes! An IP (or EAS) vanilla RTD works just fine and is unquestionably OP.
Same with sweets. Learning new tastes will serve me well in maintenance. I've been careful to develop new tastes, rather than lamenting what I'm "missing"

I've been using WF chocolate syrup in my coffee and it feels like a *huge* cheat but it isn't. Frothed milk with SF vanilla should be fine as well, I would think.

Today is my son's and fiance's last day in the islands with us. They're out playing tourist and then we'll take them out to a little Italian place we like for dinner. I know they have all kinds of salads and fresh seafood on the menu so it should be fine for me. We'll take them to the airport early tomorrow morning. It's going to feel quiet around here! We still have another week before we head north for a month or so.

I'm sore from diving and lugging gear the last couple of days. I'll do more next week, but am doing my best not to overdo. :beach:
Sounds like my kind of vacation...some "togetherness" time and some quiet time...all in the tropics (my username should probably be beachgirl :))
We're going out tonite & I've already pre-planned by googling the menu. Tomorrow we're headed to the beach (10 degrees warmer tomorrow) and a great happy hour place afterward. Dinner will be seafood from the raw bar!
My NEXT vacation will be my scuba vacation...gettin' certified for my 50th!

pocahontas812
12-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Had a great day yesterday. Had my weigh-in and dedicated more than ever to the program. Continue to resist the temptations that are around everywhere! Never noticed them so much before, because I don't think I ever tried resisting them in the past, hence the weight! I am trying not to watch the food network as much, it makes me hungry!

I've been watching the food network quite a bit lately, and am actually finding it kind of motivating. When I see a healthy dish I like, I think about how I can modify it to a P1 recipe. If it can't be modified to P1, it's something for me to look forward to when I hit goal and get to maintenance. Some shows/recipes (generally Paula D's!) exemplify how I never want to eat, and encourage me to seek out healthier recipes.

MonicaKolesnik
12-28-2012, 01:47 PM
Wanted to say that you look no where near old enough to have grandchildren!! :)

Complete lurker here, everyone! It's funny how I feel like I know so many of you as I read and re-read old threads.

I'm heading out this morning to the city to celebrate the holidays with my husband's family. This will be the first time on IP out of my comfort zone/home/kitchen so I'm a bit nervous. I have been mostly 100% OP since starting on 12/1/12, but have had a few slip ups. I am feeling pretty prepared, but hope that I can really stick with it. I'm not sharing this diet with anyone, but have told my MIL that I'm grain-, sugar-, and starch-free right now. We are a healthy vegetarian family that has been moving away from gluten recently, so diet variations are the norm with us. I don't feel like I'll get a lot of odd looks about my food choices. Being vegetarian does make things more difficult with choosing protein choices outside of your own home, but I know I can do it!

Have a fantastic Friday! My laptop is coming with me, so I'll be checking in when I can. Now we are off to get some snowboarding in on the way out of town. I LOVE having a season pass at the resort on the only mountain pass out of town!

Of coarse you can do it!! Lurk less and share more so we can get to know you too. :)

Sounds like my kind of vacation...some "togetherness" time and some quiet time...all in the tropics (my username should probably be beachgirl :))
We're going out tonite & I've already pre-planned by googling the menu. Tomorrow we're headed to the beach (10 degrees warmer tomorrow) and a great happy hour place afterward. Dinner will be seafood from the raw bar!
My NEXT vacation will be my scuba vacation...get tin' certified for my 50th!

Today is my son's and fiance's last day in the islands with us. They're out playing tourist and then we'll take them out to a little Italian place we like for dinner. I know they have all kinds of salads and fresh seafood on the menu so it should be fine for me. The pasta, pizza and garlic knots are to die for, though!! I'll have to be satisfied with just the aromas. ;) We'll take them to the airport early tomorrow morning. It's going to feel quiet around here! We still have another week before we head north for a month or so.

So jealous thinking of you all on your sunny va-ca's, -30 in the flat prairies is just not the same! hope you and yours have an amazing time. :carrot:

Alma4343
12-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Good Morning. Just stopping in to say Hi. I have not been here much lately. I got back from one ski trip on Monday and going on another one tomorrow. Weight still moving in the right direction. I didn't quite hit the 30 by Christmas goal. But, I will take the loss I have so far. Everyone have a Happy New Year!

Congratulations on all the great loses too! Especially over the Holidays.

:carrot::carrot:

bubbleblower
12-28-2012, 02:00 PM
My NEXT vacation will be my scuba vacation...get tin' certified for my 50th!

Yeah, I usually try to arrange our trips so we have visitors at the start and then have time to unwind by ourselves at the end. :D The next time we're back, though, my BIL and SIL are going to be here the entire time. They're pretty low maintenance, though, and actually stay next door to us so they won't be right here. Otherwise I think it could be a little too much togetherness for two weeks! :lol:

I can't say I'm missing being away from all the cold and snow right now. (Actually, it's been mostly rain, freezing rain, and sleet back home so none of the pretty, fluffy white stuff.) Speaking of the weather ... guess it's time to get up from the computer and get outside. See y'all later on ...

ETA: It's never too late to get certified! If you want any recommendations on good places to go, shoot me a message.

scorbett1103
12-28-2012, 02:37 PM

Congrats on the ticker!! Just an FYI, milk isn't allowed on P1 (with the exception of the 1oz fat free milk per day) - so frothed milk is a no-go. But I love putting WF chocolate or caramel syrup in my coffee, TOTALLY feels like cheating but it's not! You can also use the WF pancake syrup as a coffee sweetener!

Woo hoo!! ONEDERLAND!!!

I have a huge headache since eating carbs and sugar on Christmas day, took 3 extra strength excedrin still have a lingering headache, took sea salt. Trying to drink more water.

Had no trouble getting back to p1, not sure the headache was worth it

Have decided I know which friends of mine like to sabotage me and will avoid them. Pisses me off since I am always so supportive.

Ugh sorry to hear about your friends, it stinks when you have people trying to make you cheat - there are definitely some people who feel better about themselves when they watch someone else fail. It stinks, but you ALSO learn who your real friends are when you make hard choices!

I have just completed my 2 week on IP. Love this diet. I have lost 18.5 lbs. So excited to see what happens next week.

Great job!

WI yesterday, lost 1.5 pounds over Christmas.. So excited.. looking to be out of the 180's soon. Maybe next week...

Nice!

We've been battling the plague in my house - thanks to holiday overtiredness and one water bottle that was apparently shared between all of the cousins on Christmas day. My 6 year old has been coughing since yesterday but my 3 year old's fever finally broke and he's back to his usual mischief :) The little one did Wii Fit with me this morning, there's not much funnier than watching a 3 year old try to do yoga!

MonicaKolesnik
12-28-2012, 02:43 PM
We've been battling the plague in my house - thanks to holiday overtiredness and one water bottle that was apparently shared between all of the cousins on Christmas day. My 6 year old has been coughing since yesterday but my 3 year old's fever finally broke and he's back to his usual mischief :) The little one did Wii Fit with me this morning, there's not much funnier than watching a 3 year old try to do yoga!

Sorry for the sickness in your house, It has been spreading thru our who town, I am amazed I walked away from work without it!

bubbleblower
12-28-2012, 02:43 PM
Just an FYI, milk isn't allowed on P1 (with the exception of the 1oz fat free milk per day) - so frothed milk is a no-go.

Understand. What I was suggesting was that taking the 1 ounce of skim milk and frothing it was acceptable. I do that frequently. (Skim actually seems to froth better than whole.)

Debrasb
12-28-2012, 02:50 PM

You and I are kindred spririts today--that's exactly what I had this morning (sans milk). So tasty.

scorbett1103
12-28-2012, 02:50 PM
Understand. What I was suggesting was that taking the 1 ounce of skim milk and frothing it was acceptable. I do that frequently. (Skim actually seems to froth better than whole.)

Gotcha - just wanted to make sure in case newbies were about :)

pocahontas812
12-28-2012, 03:03 PM
Chilly but brilliantly sunny. Bundling up and heading out for a walk in the woods with the dogs.

dawnwhite58
12-28-2012, 03:10 PM
It has been a while since I have been on here. Proud to say that I did not cheat over the holidays and lost 2.5lbs while on vacation this week for Christmas. The problem is that now I have a huge urge to cheat. I almost feel like I should have just taken Christmas day and gone back to phase I the next. I have lost over 50lbs but, still have 30-40 more to go. I have one voice in my head telling me that I have worked hard and deserve it and another asking if I could stop at just one day. lol
For those of you that have been doing this a long time, how do you feel about this? Did you get to a point when you took a break for a day or do you think that it would just be taking a huge step back?

NinjaNurse
12-28-2012, 03:15 PM
I've been watching the food network quite a bit lately, and am actually finding it kind of motivating. When I see a healthy dish I like, I think about how I can modify it to a P1 recipe. If it can't be modified to P1, it's something for me to look forward to when I hit goal and get to maintenance. Some shows/recipes (generally Paula D's!) exemplify how I never want to eat, and encourage me to seek out healthier recipes.

I've just started watching food shows again. I couldn't for a long time, like 1LittleStar, the power of suggestion was too much. I do agree looking at of what some people make and eat boggles my mind now. Although I do get jealous of the people who eat it and don't look like they work out everyday.

amberjules
12-28-2012, 04:20 PM
QUOTE]

Oh...I'll have to try the WF chocolate syrup in my coffee. I didn't even think about that. Can't wait to have some coffee tonight!!!

[QUOTE=IdealProteinNewbie;4566404]Thanks everyone! My home scale did say 199 but the clinic scale was 200 so I had to go with the "official" number lol

Great job!!! You're "officially" almost under the 200 mark which must be just thrilling! Next week weigh in you'll be there.

OMG that's amazing! So thrilling to be only 1# away from goal. Congratulations!

18.5 lbs in 2 weeks is crazy amazing! I've been OP for 4 weeks and have only lost 17 lbs so far. Oh well, at least it's heading in the right direction. :D

maezy1
12-28-2012, 04:26 PM
SONYAINVA - thx for thinking about me. the recovery is slow but coming along. the hardest part is I don't want to eat anything. having to force myself to eat though. I am good with the first half of the day but the second half and dinner is just so hard. My son is home from college so this is dinner time and not something I am able to switch up right now. Just frustrated.....I am not a good patient I guess!

bubbleblower
12-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Gotcha - just wanted to make sure in case newbies were about :)

Yep. :) I guess I've been using skim vs. whole for so many years I don't even think to specify anymore. What I've been doing lately is having one cup with a splash of skim and the WF chocolate, and then any subsequent cups with just the latter. It tastes so good I could probably skip the milk altogether!

BTW, how do you all do the multiple quotes in a post? I haven't figured that out yet?

jlnelson
12-28-2012, 05:02 PM
It has been a while since I have been on here. Proud to say that I did not cheat over the holidays and lost 2.5lbs while on vacation this week for Christmas. The problem is that now I have a huge urge to cheat. I almost feel like I should have just taken Christmas day and gone back to phase I the next. I have lost over 50lbs but, still have 30-40 more to go. I have one voice in my head telling me that I have worked hard and deserve it and another asking if I could stop at just one day. lol
For those of you that have been doing this a long time, how do you feel about this? Did you get to a point when you took a break for a day or do you think that it would just be taking a huge step back?

I ended up taking a break because I am traveling out of the country and I wanted to be able to enjoy the local cuisine. This was something I had planned with my coach from starting IP. However, now that I am phasing off and have had a little bit more flexibility with my food choices, I realize that I really miss the easiness of the Phase 1 schedule and I'm actually looking forward to go back into Phase 1. My coach said that if you have to cheat, do everything in one day and do not do any restricted that day or the next day. But I've found that I get headaches if I have too much sugar and it is DEFINITELY not worth the cheat afterwards. If you really feel like you need some time off, talk to your coach. That's what they are there for. But just note, that you will have to phase off the program which takes a few weeks and then you have to go back through the beginnings of Phase 1 again, which for me was no fun. Good luck!

ShanCo
12-28-2012, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the Starbucks help guys :)

On another note, I have been getting tired of the same old veggies so finally decided to hesitantly try the turnip "fries" for lunch today...Oh. My. Gosh....I don't know if it is because I'm delirious or what, but they were amazing!!! :)

scorbett1103
12-28-2012, 05:21 PM

For me, no cheat would be worth extending my time on this diet by even one day. All of that food and drink will be there when I am in maintenance and can plan it into my "fun" days, so why on earth would I want to wait even longer for those to start??

I really think we have grown so used to "instant gratification" that we get restless when we can't just satisfy a craving. But we forget that there is a LOT to gain from waiting. The satisfaction of victory over a tough situation (which you already have once getting through Christmas!). The knowledge that YOU are in control, not the food/drink (because when you give in to a cheat you are letting that food control you, not the other way around). What do you really gain when you cheat? Momentary satisfaction, then nervousness for your next weigh in. Maybe upset stomach from shocking your system with foods you haven't had in a while, without phasing off properly. Possibly the inability to pass up the next craving, because you opened that door once already. To me? Not worth it.

A1Texan
12-28-2012, 05:32 PM
Well not sure what happened and my coach can't figure it out either, but I gained 1lbs this last week. And I stayed OP over the Holidays. I should have had that piece of pie...LOL Our best guess is the oven baked ham Mom made. I had that for 2 days straight for my protein. She wants to give it another few days to see if it comes back down before getting worried. I explained I'm worried already for the both of us..!! Very discouraging when I didn't cheat at all and didn't see any lose. I went to the store to buy more veggies and WF to use in my new Actifry. She told me to start walking to see if that helps. O'well.... :( :( :(

lisa32989
12-28-2012, 05:36 PM
BTW, how do you all do the multiple quotes in a post? I haven't figured that out yet?
At the bottom of the box with the post, you'll see little quotation marks. Click those on each post, then hit reply. Many of us shorten the quotes to just the point being commented on.

Well not sure what happened and my coach can't figure it out either, but I gained 1lbs this last week. And I stayed OP over the Holidays. I should have had that piece of pie...LOL Our best guess is the oven baked ham Mom made. I had that for 2 days straight for my protein. She wants to give it another few days to see if it comes back down before getting worried. I explained I'm worried already for the both of us..!! Very discouraging when I didn't cheat at all and didn't see any lose. I went to the store to buy more veggies and WF to use in my new Actifry. She told me to start walking to see if that helps. O'well.... :( :( :(
She didn't tell you a slight gain is common in week 4-5 as the body adjusts?
So yours was in week 3 & ham is salty (possible water weight)
Trust the protocol. It works!
No reason to worry.

scorbett1103
12-28-2012, 05:37 PM

Yeah, I would put money on it that it was the ham - very high in sodium so you are probably just looking at water retention. Drink a LOT of water to get it flushed out - scientifically speaking, you have to consume 3500 calories to gain 1lb of fat, so unless you ate several whole hams it's just water weight from the excess sodium :)

Some veggies you may want to focus on this week, they are all natural diuretics and will help "flush out" your system:

Asparagus, watercress, lettuce, bell peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, celery and spinach

A1Texan
12-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I would put money on it that it was the ham - very high in sodium so you are probably just looking at water retention. Drink a LOT of water to get it flushed out - scientifically speaking, you have to consume 3500 calories to gain 1lb of fat, so unless you ate several whole hams it's just water weight from the excess sodium :)

Some veggies you may want to focus on this week, they are all natural diuretics and will help "flush out" your system:

Asparagus, watercress, lettuce, bell peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, celery and spinach
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm stocked up on veggies for the long weekend and plan on staying in watching football and actually going to learn to cook a few meals. That is - throwing it all in my Actifry and let it cook..LOL

IdealProteinNewbie
12-28-2012, 06:28 PM
A1Texan,
I'm sure it's water weight also, but just a gentle reminder...I read a few posts back that you eat a lot of homemade salsa. Remember that tomatoes are an occasional vegetable, in case you're eating them more often than that.

sonyainva
12-28-2012, 06:36 PM
For me, no cheat would be worth extending my time on this diet by even one day. All of that food and drink will be there when I am in maintenance and can plan it into my "fun" days, so why on earth would I want to wait even longer for those to start??

I really think we have grown so used to "instant gratification" that we get restless when we can't just satisfy a craving. But we forget that there is a LOT to gain from waiting. The satisfaction of victory over a tough situation (which you already have once getting through Christmas!). The knowledge that YOU are in control, not the food/drink (because when you give in to a cheat you are letting that food control you, not the other way around). What do you really gain when you cheat? Momentary satisfaction, then nervousness for your next weigh in. Maybe upset stomach from shocking your system with foods you haven't had in a while, without phasing off properly. Possibly the inability to pass up the next craving, because you opened that door once already. To me? Not worth it.

Very well put.
I need to journal and find out what's going on with me.

A1Texan
12-28-2012, 06:38 PM
A1Texan,
I'm sure it's water weight also, but just a gentle reminder...I read a few posts back that you eat a lot of homemade salsa. Remember that tomatoes are an occasional vegetable, in case you're eating them more often than that.
Good point on the Salsa. I'll watch that this weekend. Thanks!

Cinderbug
12-28-2012, 06:41 PM
I know I couldn't believe it either. Even my coach was shocked witht the 18.5. Little scared that I might not lose this week though

AAAMom
12-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Hi,
I'm day 3 on IP. I'm op, but today I wanted to gnaw my arm off! Instead of having my snack tonight I had it this afternoon. Drinking well over 64ozs of water a day. I do feel lighter. I think I just need to make it past this initial hunger.

LosingLawyer
12-28-2012, 06:43 PM

I'll join in with everyone else and tell you to just stick to protocol and not worry about it. I've had two straight weeks with zero losses, even though I've been OP. Part of that I know is stress (I've had a couple of very bad weeks with work and other family issues) and part of it is probably to be expected because I lost 8 pounds 3 weeks ago and my body is adjusting. After being OP for nearly 30 weeks, I can safely say there is NO rhyme or reason to how we lose, but it all evens out in the end. Just stick with it and you'll be fine. And don't beat yourself up over the ham either - if its just water weight it will come off!

Suchawittygal
12-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Well, I weighed in today and had no loss :?: but no gain either. I'm really hoping next week will be a "good" one. I'm staying focused. I know I can do this.

Everyone have a safe and wonderful New Year! I'm going snowboarding!

mom2hi
12-28-2012, 07:00 PM
Well, I made it through Christmas! Funny thing was, when I was eating my IP jello for dessert, all of the kids wanted to know if there was more jello! They were thinking I was bad mommy/auntie for eating the jello and all I was thinking I can't wait until next year when I can eat pie or bon bons or some other yummy thing from the dessert table! LOL

I haven't been posting much since September. I have been reading about all of you though, and wow, you look (and sound) great! Heres to a wonderful, OP 2013 for us all!

Suchawittygal
12-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I would put money on it that it was the ham - very high in sodium so you are probably just looking at water retention.

Ohhhh...I never thought of this! I had ham three times this past week! I bet that was the reason why I didn't lose any either. Thank you Scorbett!!

Alma4343
12-28-2012, 07:11 PM
Good point on the Salsa. I'll watch that this weekend. Thanks!

In one of the threads, I think it is one of LizRR's veggie purees she has an IP friendly "salsa" that doe not use tomatoes. I will post if I find it.

fam4me
12-28-2012, 07:39 PM

I've been at this since March, and while I've thought about it, stayed OP figuring I had workedtoo hard to give in to the temptations. As someone on here said, I can have that when I'm done.....it will still be there.

scorbett1103
12-28-2012, 07:52 PM
In one of the threads, I think it is one of LizRR's veggie purees she has an IP friendly "salsa" that doe not use tomatoes. I will post if I find it.

Here you go :)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees-post4430611.html?highlight=SALSA#post4430611

A1Texan
12-28-2012, 08:23 PM
Here you go :)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees-post4430611.html?highlight=SALSA#post4430611
Thanks Scorbett....I'll need to head back to the market in the morning for the peppers but sounds good.

scorbett1103
12-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Thanks Scorbett....I'll need to head back to the market in the morning for the peppers but sounds good.

it is very good! That whole thread has some great ideas in it, I use her red pepper puree "italian style" in place of marinara sauce all the time, and the mushroom/garlic/celery puree makes fantastic poultry gravy (it looks kind of gross, but tastes fantastic).

Beck81
12-28-2012, 08:52 PM
Hi everyone. I haven't posted in the daily for awhile. It's always late when I am able to get on and everyone is in bed!

I made my goal on Wednesday with a 3.8 loss over Christmas week. 102 lbs in 8 months. Can't believe it but it has been the easiest diet I have ever done. And I feel like I really know how to keep it off this time with having phase one to go back to. I never cheated in 7 months and and the last month was just a couple glasses of wine since I was close to goal. I wanted to stay on phase 1 through the Holidays to stay away from temptations which worked! So newbies, stick with the program, it works! If you click on my name you can see my before and after on my profile.

A1Texan
12-28-2012, 08:58 PM
it is very good! That whole thread has some great ideas in it, I use her red pepper puree "italian style" in place of marinara sauce all the time, and the mushroom/garlic/celery puree makes fantastic poultry gravy (it looks kind of gross, but tastes fantastic).
I actually went through her recipes yesterday and picked out some that I would try. They all seem to have celery (which I despise), so I am sure to leave that out...even the smell of it...yuck.....LOL I put it up there with curry :)

dawnwhite58
12-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Thanks Ladies. I know I have to tuff it out. I am just having a few hard days. The thought of adding a day or even more to the finish line really does help fight the temptation.

Calisto
12-28-2012, 09:15 PM
Well not sure what happened and my coach can't figure it out either, but I gained 1lbs this last week. And I stayed OP over the Holidays. I should have had that piece of pie...LOL Our best guess is the oven baked ham Mom made. I had that for 2 days straight for my protein

I am sure it's the ham! When I was pregant with my first child I went to the doctor the day after Christmas where I ate a bunch of ham (more than anything else) and in 2 weeks I gained 15 lbs the scale said! Went back the next week and I lost 10 of that! lol I ate ham too, but made sure I had more turkey than ham.

scorbett1103
12-28-2012, 09:17 PM
I actually went through her recipes yesterday and picked out some that I would try. They all seem to have celery (which I despise), so I am sure to leave that out...even the smell of it...yuck.....LOL I put it up there with curry :)

LOL the nice thing about celery is that it adds "body" to the puree but doesn't add flavor - if you can taste it even when it's weak, then leaving it out might be best, but you may want to try a batch WITH the celery. I know with the mushroom puree, the mushroom and garlic flavors are way too strong for me to even notice the celery is there.

dawnwhite58
12-28-2012, 09:24 PM
I've been at this since March, and while I've thought about it, stayed OP figuring I had workedtoo hard to give in to the temptations. As someone on here said, I can have that when I'm done.....it will still be there.

You look amazing! I hope to be where you are soon so, I guess I need to just put it out of my mind! Thanks.

bubbleblower
12-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Hi everyone. I haven't posted in the daily for awhile. It's always late when I am able to get on and everyone is in bed!

I made my goal on Wednesday with a 3.8 loss over Christmas week. 102 lbs in 8 months. Can't believe it but it has been the easiest diet I have ever done. And I feel like I really know how to keep it off this time with having phase one to go back to. I never cheated in 7 months and and the last month was just a couple glasses of wine since I was close to goal. I wanted to stay on phase 1 through the Holidays to stay away from temptations which worked! So newbies, stick with the program, it works! If you click on my name you can see my before and after on my profile.

Wow! Congrats!!!

fam4me
12-28-2012, 09:48 PM
You look amazing! I hope to be where you are soon so, I guess I need to just put it out of my mind! Thanks.

You can do it...I just keep thinking that next year at this time, it will be totally different.

bubbleblower
12-28-2012, 09:53 PM
At the bottom of the box with the post, you'll see little quotation marks. Click those on each post, then hit reply. Many of us shorten the quotes to just the point being commented on.

Thanks!

On another note, I just got back from what could have been the worst dinner for staying OP, if not for a very supportive/cooperative waitress. We went to an Italian restaurant that literally had nothing simple, everything had sauces, pasta, potatoes, heavy oil or cheese. They did, however, have fresh wahoo and snapper, although each came with lots of accompaniments and sauces I couldn't have. I explained that I was on a restricted diet and asked for the wahoo grilled simply with spices along with plain steamed broccoli. Everything came exactly as I requested, and I know I got up from the table at the end a lot more comfortable than everyone else! (They had an assortment of garlic knots, seasoned bread with pesto and fresh garlic cloves, chicken Parmesan and pasta, spaghetti and meatballs, and seafood pasta along with Chianti. The waitress also did great at keeping my water glass full!) This was the last dinner with my son and his fiance here; now the only challenge left is New Year's Eve, but the chef is a friend and I've already given him a heads up. :D

Beck81
12-28-2012, 09:57 PM
Wow! Congrats!!!

Thanks!

NinjaNurse
12-28-2012, 10:18 PM

WOO WOO Congrats!!!! You look amazing!!!

I 'tolerate' celery in small doses. Can you freeze celery and/or the purees??

scorbett1103
12-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Thanks!

On another note, I just got back from what could have been the worst dinner for staying OP, if not for a very supportive/cooperative waitress. We went to an Italian restaurant that literally had nothing simple, everything had sauces, pasta, potatoes, heavy oil or cheese. They did, however, have fresh wahoo and snapper, although each came with lots of accompaniments and sauces I couldn't have. I explained that I was on a restricted diet and asked for the wahoo grilled simply with spices along with plain steamed broccoli. Everything came exactly as I requested, and I know I got up from the table at the end a lot more comfortable than everyone else! (They had an assortment of garlic knots, seasoned bread with pesto and fresh garlic cloves, chicken Parmesan and pasta, spaghetti and meatballs, and seafood pasta along with Chianti. The waitress also did great at keeping my water glass full!) This was the last dinner with my son and his fiance here; now the only challenge left is New Year's Eve, but the chef is a friend and I've already given him a heads up. :D

Awesome job!!!!

Chloe222
12-28-2012, 11:11 PM

Don't do it. Every crack in your resolve to lose the weight is harmful. Put yourself first, stay OP, the food will be there when you get to your free day on maintenance.

The best thing you can do is be 100% OP.
Chloe

Nolawhodatchick
12-28-2012, 11:54 PM
Just checking in at the end of the day. Bad thing about checking in so late is there are so many posts you want to respond too! So in short, congratulations to all who made their goals and mini-goals today! Congrats to all those who stayed OP through tempting times or times when IP food was scarce in the holidays! And for any who fell off IP 100%, that's ok, just hop back on...it's about to be a New Year! :) And for all of you up to your ears in snow, stay warm and safe! And bubbleblower, I loved your turtle pic. yesterday!

Thanks again for all the advice yesterday on my hypoglycemia/low energy situation. I've decided to stay in ketosis and try adding a little more protein powder (casein, slow digesting). It sound like it might work. If it doesn't, I'll try another tweak, I got so many good ideas and suggestions for tweaks. I likeI feel like I learned so much yesterday from everyone.

LizRR
12-29-2012, 12:08 AM
Howdy folks! I am starting to feel human again - my last run was on Christmas Eve, then not only did I start with the coughing, hacking, congestion - but then we got sleet, ice, & snow on Christmas Day! Of course, us Texans are totally not prepared for a white Christmas so the sidewalks finally got cleared up today, but I was in no shape to head outside anyways.

My family was here this week, it was great having them here - but I am looking forward to getting my routine back. The fridge is stocked with veggies and I did a perfect Phase 1 day today. I am still on the high end of my safe zone - I did dip down on the lower end, but then I must admit I didn't make the wisest choices. I didn't go 'hog wild' - but my choices could have definitely been better. Now that I am feeling more like myself looking forward to getting back in the kitchen!

skinny jeans dreams
12-29-2012, 12:17 AM
I've had pretty good luck at Starbucks with decaf Americanos (no or just a splash of skim) with sugar free vanilla/hazelnut/caramel/cinnamon dolce, herbal teas, a bottle of San pelligrino mixed with a sugar free syrup, or the turkey bacon and eggs sandwich (no bread, not cheese) for my dinner protein. Or just decaf black coffee. :)

mom2hi
12-29-2012, 01:40 AM

Wow! Congrats to you, your pics are incrdible!