Old 12-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #1  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Default The power of newfound before photos

I posted about this in my blog, but I really wanted to share this here at 3FC because you all are a big reason I can look back at these photos...

So my dad had uploaded some old pictures to Facebook. These are all from 2005, and I was pretty shocked. I'm certainly bigger here than I am in the photos I use in my before photos...and I had certainly forgotten how big I once was.

For comparison, here are more recent shots of me:

I don't know how much I weighed in those before photos. Certainly north of 200 I would gather. Thing is, I know that isn't my heaviest!

Once again photos are powerful. I've found more motivation to keep maintaining because I never want to go back. They also served to make me feel accomplished because it's really hard to comprehend just how far I've come...but photos don't lie!

So first, thank you to all at 3FC for helping me succeed, and second....everyone keep photos handy! They really help!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

The truth is, you were pretty in the before photos and pretty now. Pretty is pretty no matter what the weight. However, you look so fit and healthy in your current photos. It's amazing the change in your body and posture between the two. Certainly, the before and after photos are a testimony to your journey and all the hard work you have put into fitness and weight loss!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/140/115

Height: 5'0 TALL

I think your thread was one of the first I read when I joined 3FC and it definitely inspired me

I never really liked taking photos when I was 'heavier'. But I do have one of my heaviest and when I look at it I'm like "wow I've come a long way!" So yeah once in a while I like to look at it, to remind me never to go back to that state again.
Nayshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

all i could think of while looking at your pics was... omg, you are wearing a Sailor Jupiter costume.... XD
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:04 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

I'm certainly north of the 20s but just wanted to say Great job!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

Awesome comparison, you look great and so happy

Your hair is amazing.
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:41 AM   #7  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

The changes you have made are absolutely inspiring and such a difference!!! You can tell in the current pictures how happy you are and how much confidence you have. You look wonderful and you should be so proud of yourself!!!!!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #8  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
happy you are and how much confidence
That...Even in the before pictures here and the ones I've seen before, you seem like a happy and confident person. You were still beautiful at your high weight, and your still beautiful now.

Muha I can only imagine how many comments were posted on facebook after these old photo's were uploaded
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #9  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Wow, what a transformation! Congrats!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #10  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I think it's rare and a blessing too to see "before" photos where the poster doesn't look miserable - that said I'm sure you're a lot more energetic and strong and can wear cuter clothes now!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Wow, what a transformation! You were definitely beautiful before, but you look so confident in the new pictures as well

Seeing that change, since we are similar in height and starting weight and I want to end up close to where you are, I'm very inspired!!

Congratulations on your new, healthy body!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #12  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Thanks everyone. I'm still perusing old photographs in shock. I still can't believe I ever got that large. Of course I should know...I still have some size 18 and size 19 pants to prove it.

Of course we all know how difficult it is to PICTURE these things, so the photos really show it all.

Also now I want to highlight my hair again! I really like how it looks in my before photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by guacamole View Post
The truth is, you were pretty in the before photos and pretty now. Pretty is pretty no matter what the weight. However, you look so fit and healthy in your current photos. It's amazing the change in your body and posture between the two. Certainly, the before and after photos are a testimony to your journey and all the hard work you have put into fitness and weight loss!
Thanks so much! I think one of the first things I noticed was my posture and it's probably the reason I "gained" an inch throughout all of this. But still, it's quite amazing to see the difference. I know how I feel after losing the weight and lifting all of this time, but I think the difference in my posture really speaks volumes about the benefits of lifting and losing fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayshal View Post
I think your thread was one of the first I read when I joined 3FC and it definitely inspired me

I never really liked taking photos when I was 'heavier'. But I do have one of my heaviest and when I look at it I'm like "wow I've come a long way!" So yeah once in a while I like to look at it, to remind me never to go back to that state again.
Aww glad to inspire! I so wish I had some "real" before photos, but I never thought I would succeed...plus my highest weight was reached around 8 years ago!

Still, it would have been nice to compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaiiCandie View Post
all i could think of while looking at your pics was... omg, you are wearing a Sailor Jupiter costume.... XD
Lol!!! I realized when I put together the second set (the first picture is of me at New York Comic Con...XD) that it was showing off my geekiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker23 View Post
That...Even in the before pictures here and the ones I've seen before, you seem like a happy and confident person. You were still beautiful at your high weight, and your still beautiful now.

Muha I can only imagine how many comments were posted on facebook after these old photo's were uploaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
I think it's rare and a blessing too to see "before" photos where the poster doesn't look miserable - that said I'm sure you're a lot more energetic and strong and can wear cuter clothes now!
I never understood why people looked so miserable in their before photos. I decided to live life regardless of my weight and I consider being smaller just a bonus now. A bonus that makes clothes shopping more fun!

I can't deny how much better I feel both physically and mentally, but I also can't deny the fact that I had a lot of fun and interesting times before I lost weight
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote