Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

Default Home for the Holidays?

I'm going home; who else? My parents eat different from me--small portions of high-calorie foods. Hope we can co-exist without too much discussion!
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

My parents eat high calorie, low volume, also. When I went to stay with them for a week, the first thing I did when I got to town was go grocery shopping. I ate a couple things they fixed, otherwise I made my own meals. They didn't mind one bit.
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

My parents eat moderate calorie/ moderate portions and snack all the time. My mom is about my size but a bit taller (we share clothes sometimes) and my dad is just a little overweight. I really don't want to make a fuss. I hate drawing attention to myself. I'm not anticipating losing any weight while I'mthere (probably a week-9 days) I'm just hoping not to gain. I've lost so little so far that that would be really depressing.

HungryHippo--do you get a hard time from your parents for your eating normally? Are they supportive?

KatMarie--that sounds ideal. Good thinking.

Last edited by Fluffypuppy; 12-21-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

Ha ha ha--my parents have given me grief for what I eat all my life!! When I'm thin, not so much, but they still "discuss" what I eat. Sounds like the calorie / portion size thing is generational, though--I guess when they grew up, there were no low-fat, sugar-free options, and people just ate less.
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:04 AM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

My mom makes hundreds of cookies every year. Hundreds. I talked to her yesterday and she said she hadn't started but she is going to start when I get there. So my 10 day visit will be interesting as always.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'8

I'm home for 5 weeks, and I just keep eating.
I'm hoping to slow that down a lot.
PaintedPonies is offline   Reply With Quote