Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 12/21/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 12-21-2012, 08:17 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning Everyone. Since my coach is out until next week, I had my own WI at the house. My scale showed another 5 lbs gone and another notch on the belt this morning. Feeling really good heading into the VERY LONG weekend. Stay strong out there!!!
Old 12-21-2012, 08:37 AM   #3  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Nice weigh in A1Texan!

Good morning everyone! Was so happy to slip into a size 8 jeans this morning and a medium sweater. I thought the size 8's wouldn't be for a couple weeks yet. The sizes seem to be going down a lot faster than the lbs for me now. I also need my brain to catch up to my size. =) I keep thinking I am a larger size than I really am.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #4  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Nice work, A1Texan and Ragdoll!! I'm still not feeling like I've lost much - although the scale disagrees! I guess that's because my first two weeks have really just put me back to what had been my 'normal' weight for the last several years. From here on, I'm hoping to start noticing more differences in clothing and the way I feel.

I'm all checked in for our flight tomorrow and can't wait to be back outside in the sun. I feel so much healthier when I can be outside and on, in, or underwater!! All my food and supplements are packed, so I'm ready to go! (It could be an interesting discussion with Customs! )
Old 12-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #5  
Restart 3/1/15

S/C/G: 307.4/270/200

Height: 5'7

Good Morning everyone so glad it's friday. It is pouring out here so I'm debating if I am going shopping now or later on. Congrats Texan on your weight loss & also to Ragdoll on your smaller sizes.. I have already gone down 1 size in pants but looking forward to it happening faster.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Nice work, A1Texan and Ragdoll!! I'm still not feeling like I've lost much - although the scale disagrees! I guess that's because my first two weeks have really just put me back to what had been my 'normal' weight for the last several years. From here on, I'm hoping to start noticing more differences in clothing and the way I feel.

I'm all checked in for our flight tomorrow and can't wait to be back outside in the sun. I feel so much healthier when I can be outside and on, in, or underwater!! All my food and supplements are packed, so I'm ready to go! (It could be an interesting discussion with Customs! )
Good luck with Customs Bubbleblower. The TSA agents were not happy with me on my last trip, so I drank my chocolate shake there in line before heading through. I wasn't about to throw it away....that thing cost me $5.00 LOL
Old 12-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Yesterday was OP for me. I'm having my OP breakfast now. I made my dinner salad too large, so it is in the refrigerator for dinner. I'm getting a little nervous about being at my parent's house for so long while trying to stay OP. They've noticed I have lost weight, however, I just told them I was eating tons of protein and vegetables and left it at that. I've failed at enough weight loss attempts that I don't want to go in to diet plan specifics with them until I maintain my weight loss for a while. We'll see how this all goes.

Today's plan - lunch - leftover salad from last night, snack late afternoon, broccoli, salad, and baked fish for dinner

Still have some anxiety about being late on my writing deadline and home to knock out a bunch today. Fingers crossed I stay focused and get it done so I can feel like I accomplished something.

A1Texan, WOO HOOO! Great loss!

NinjaNurse, great job for getting through a rough trip to a restaurant. It won't always be so bad! It takes some getting used to what places you can go and learning where will be helpful and where you will pay a bunch for very little to eat. (I've been in the $30 mushroom + burger situation too.)

RagDoll74, size 8! Wow!!!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #8  
Reboot May 29, 2017

S/C/G: 250/250/180

Height: 5.4

Well, I'm alive! I'm still here! I survived the end of the world!!!
Good morning from Canada :-) Started snowing here yesterday and this morning my hubby snowplowed almost 1 foot of snow and it's still snowing!!!
This morning, after my shower, I put on some pants I hadn't worn in awhile. They fell off me!!! Now I'm down to 2 pairs of pants, plus the new ones I bought yesterday which are 3 sizes smaller than what I normally buy!!!
Very proud of myself, despite the fact that my scale says I didn't lose weight, but my mirror and my clothes says I did :-)
Very happy today :-D
Old 12-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post

I read on an old thread that somebody just packed the packets IN THE BOXES and it made explaining IP foods at customs go much smoother...I think it was in Mexico.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperTown View Post
Good morning from Canada :-) Started snowing here yesterday and this morning my hubby snowplowed almost 1 foot of snow and it's still snowing!!!
This morning, after my shower, I put on some pants I hadn't worn in awhile. They fell off me!!! Now I'm down to 2 pairs of pants, plus the new ones I bought yesterday which are 3 sizes smaller than what I normally buy!!!
Very proud of myself, despite the fact that my scale says I didn't lose weight, but my mirror and my clothes says I did :-)
Great work Pepper. I can't wait until I can get into smaller pants. I dream of the day
Old 12-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Great work Pepper. I can't wait until I can get into smaller pants. I dream of the day
It won't take long! Mine took a little longer than some people. It is just how I carry my weight. But, really! It won't. And look at the jump-start you have on all of the New Years dieters!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #12  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Quote:
Good luck with Customs Bubbleblower. The TSA agents were not happy with me on my last trip, so I drank my chocolate shake there in line before heading through. I wasn't about to throw it away....that thing cost me $5.00 LOL
Yeah, I packed the RTDs in a checked bag and sealed them in Zip-lock bags just in case! My supplements are all in the original bottles in my carry-on, along with my IP packets and bars. Thank goodness we leave clothing and dive/photo gear in the islands so I have plenty of room for my shaker bottle and food! Customs entry on the other end may be the interesting part - although I've known people to bring in suitcases full of beer, wine, and assorted food items.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:47 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning Everyone!

I haven't been on again for a while. I have been sick and we have two new puppies that are taking up a ton of time...it is like having twin toddlers in the house. Our family has been staying on plan even though we have all been/are sick and are looking forward to starting the new year thinner and healthier. TGIF.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #14  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Good Morning Everyone. Since my coach is out until next week, I had my own WI at the house. My scale showed another 5 lbs gone and another notch on the belt this morning. Feeling really good heading into the VERY LONG weekend. Stay strong out there!!!
Nice job!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Good morning everyone! Was so happy to slip into a size 8 jeans this morning and a medium sweater. I thought the size 8's wouldn't be for a couple weeks yet. The sizes seem to be going down a lot faster than the lbs for me now. I also need my brain to catch up to my size. =) I keep thinking I am a larger size than I really am.
Way to go size 8's!!!! I seem to have stalled on the sizes but the weight keeps falling off so I'll just wait for everything to redistribute I know what you mean about thinking you are bigger than you are, all I still see are fat thighs when I look in the mirror, but I know that 6 months ago I could barely get size 12's up over my knees!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie12 View Post
Good Morning everyone so glad it's friday. It is pouring out here so I'm debating if I am going shopping now or later on. Congrats Texan on your weight loss & also to Ragdoll on your smaller sizes.. I have already gone down 1 size in pants but looking forward to it happening faster.
I'm in MA too (southeastern), the wind and rain have been nutty today

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
Yesterday was OP for me. I'm having my OP breakfast now. I made my dinner salad too large, so it is in the refrigerator for dinner. I'm getting a little nervous about being at my parent's house for so long while trying to stay OP. They've noticed I have lost weight, however, I just told them I was eating tons of protein and vegetables and left it at that. I've failed at enough weight loss attempts that I don't want to go in to diet plan specifics with them until I maintain my weight loss for a while. We'll see how this all goes.

Today's plan - lunch - leftover salad from last night, snack late afternoon, broccoli, salad, and baked fish for dinner

Still have some anxiety about being late on my writing deadline and home to knock out a bunch today. Fingers crossed I stay focused and get it done so I can feel like I accomplished something.
You are doing so well on the diet, it took me 54 pounds lost before I really felt comfortable discussing the specifics of the diet with people other than close friends and family. Now I yap about it all the time At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what other people think of my diet choice, it works, I know it works, and if one person doesn't want to be supportive I have 10 others who do Good luck on your writing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperTown View Post
Awesome NSV with the pants!!! I love that feeling when you slide into something you *never* thought you'd fit into!

NinjaNurse - you did SO GOOD with the crappy restaurant situation, the first time is always super hard but it does get easier. And now you know where to find the "emergency" backup supplies at the drugstore
Old 12-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #15  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

I haven't been on again for a while. I have been sick and we have two new puppies that are taking up a ton of time...it is like having twin toddlers in the house. Our family has been staying on plan even though we have all been/are sick and are looking forward to starting the new year thinner and healthier. TGIF.
I was wondering about you! Hope you are feeling better.

I have been more of a lurker these days because I have been so busy with kids and parties and holiday FUN. Officially on vacation tomorrow, not today because today is a clean the house and get ready for the in-laws day!!! I am doing OK in maintenance. The first week was easy but this week I have been eating more of the Christmas goodies and feeling HORRIBLE! I gained 2 pounds once I increased my exercise but have since lost those 2 + 1 more since.
Closed Thread