100 lb. Club - just curious

View Full Version : just curious

matt_H
04-29-2003, 11:16 PM
is it officially Chicago for our shin dig? Spring of 2004?

SuchAPrettyFace
04-29-2003, 11:28 PM
Now that you mention it, I don't think I voted. Oops. I was one of those neutral peeps.

slimmingsi
04-30-2003, 09:50 AM
i don't care really gonna take me ages to get there i'll be flying straight into where ever it happens anyway. oh i'll be stopping off at the college in salem to see a friend before i arrive not sure exactly where it is but i'll be coming from there. anyone know where its near of major airport close by?

gonzostar
04-30-2003, 11:22 AM
sandi and i were PMing, and i think it's going with chicago.

i was brainstorming when to write a letter to oprah! i think we should show her some of our amazing losses. but i don't think we should send it just yet -- it's over a year away.

Jennelle
04-30-2003, 12:14 PM
Si...unfortunately, there are lots of cities in the U.S. named Salem. The only two colleges I can think of that would be in one of them are Salem College and Wake Forest, both of which are in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. If it's one of those, probably the best airport for you to fly into would be Greensboro, North Carolina. It's not a big airport, so the fares might be a little steep.

If you think you would be comfortable driving on the wrong side of the road, you might consider flying into a larger airport and renting a car. It might be cheaper.

If you can tell me the name of the college or the state it's in, I can get you accurate info.

Sheila53
04-30-2003, 12:33 PM
Holly--about the Oprah thing. I think that they set their shows up quite a bit in advance so I kind of think the earlier the better when it comes to writing her. I think the Internet angle is something that hasn't been done before. There are also several other internet groups that get together. It would be kind of cool for her to do a whole show on Internet weight loss groups.

Just a thought!

gonzostar
04-30-2003, 12:48 PM
that's true, i think we should all brainstorm on what to include in the letter.

we need to give her some success stories. with pictures. so we need people to volunteer for that. (and remember, "success" doesn't equal "goal"! noticeable differences in size is success!)

i wanted to personally be a little closer to goal, you know? but 34 pounds isn't bad for now.

we need to give her inspirational stories. ones like how we help each other handle eating out, or help stressed mothers find time to exercise, or help each other through times of depresion and sadness.

we can tell her about how we have threads for weighing in weekly, tell her about the points challenges and the goals we set.

more ideas?

Sandi
04-30-2003, 04:29 PM
Yep - Chicago wins 15 to 11. So it's Chicago in the Spring of 2004!! I will check with a local hotel friend to what dates we need to steer away from (conventions and such) and then get with DeeVine (she said she could get some good rates) and see what she comes up with. I'd like to see us all stay at the same place. I am going to assume everyone wants a good price over a plush hotel. Is that true?

Chicago 2004!!!!!!!

rochemist
04-30-2003, 06:45 PM
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss Chris

gonzostar
04-30-2003, 07:14 PM
good price all the way.

i'm good with motel 6. =)

Jennelle
04-30-2003, 07:15 PM
Sandi - Definitely price over plush!

rochemist
04-30-2003, 07:18 PM
Thats a hard one I am kinda a plush person. I am willing to double up with folks to to help out. I wonder if we could get a condo. Would anyone like me to look into it?

Miss Chris

Daners
04-30-2003, 07:37 PM
I'm so excited about this!!!! I have stayed in some pretty cushy places for very little moola, if someone's willing to do the leg work on that...web surfing and such. We stayed at the Rennisance last summer in Denver, for $45/night. Also did the Hyatt in Denver for $65/night around the holidays.

I'm all for doubling up too, so maybe we can get a roommates list going as the time nears?

karilyn1982
04-30-2003, 10:36 PM
Wow! Chicago won! That is awesome! :cb:

I thought the meet would be somewhere farther away, and that I wouldn't be able to attend, but I have taken an Amtrack Train to Chicago before from here in Detroit. (About a 4 1/2 hour train ride.) And the price wasn't bad either!

Hmmm....when we figure out a date, I may have to look into getting a ticket.

Can we bring someone with us? A friend, boyfriend, relative? I'd like to bring my mother, (because she is losing weight too) but if she cannot go, I'd like my boyfriend to tag along. I'm not too big on traveling alone...lol.

~ Kari ~

Jennelle
04-30-2003, 11:04 PM
I think a condo would be a GREAT idea, Chris!

gonzostar
04-30-2003, 11:08 PM
i'd love to have roommates! it will help us get to know each other better!

but that does also cross over with the point kari brought up -- should this be a 3FC-only thing, or bring sig. others, or what?

i could go either way. but i'm kinda leaning towards 3FC-only.. or at least, weightloss only (so kari's mom could come, and angi's husband, etc.) that way, we could bond w/ each other more and not have our sig. other's to fall back on?

oh, and i'm willing to go up from motel 6 to a plusher place, of course. just sayin', i'm not picky. but a nice place on a good price is great. wasn't DeeVine in cahoots w/ holiday inn?

boiaby
05-01-2003, 12:01 AM
Wow, I can't believe we're really going to do this!! How exciting! I hope I'll be able to make it. I am totally for it being on Oprah, that would be too cool. I'm kind of leaning towards it being just 3fc or it could get out of hand. We definetly don't need more chaos in our hectic lifes. When it comes time just tell us when, where, and how much and I'll do what I can to get there! BTW sharing rooms is not a problem, anything to keep the cost down, right? I can't wait!!:cb:

Beverly

SuchAPrettyFace
05-01-2003, 12:01 AM
Anything but Motel 6 or the Bates Motel is fine with me. Roomies is fine w/me, too.

Jennelle
05-01-2003, 10:08 AM
hee hee hee...Bates Motel....nor-MAN!

Roomies is okay with me, too. And I agree with Holly about not having the significant others to fall back on.

I think going on Oprah would be fantastic, because we'd all have a big common goal to shoot for!

gonzostar
05-01-2003, 06:27 PM
i think we sould start figuring out the date. shoudl i put up a poll for the weekends that are in spring 2004?

what months are spring? feb, mar, april? mar, april, may?

AngiKL
05-01-2003, 06:31 PM
yeah, and Dan can BABYSIT while I'm hanging with you guys!

:)

SuchAPrettyFace
05-01-2003, 06:32 PM
I'd say April/May. That gives us all a year. And with the weather out here, I have to warn you gals (and Matt and Si :p ) that no matter which weekend we pick, there will most likely be a freak snowstorm. :dance:

That way, we can add to Jennifer's Sticky Thread, or make a new one that says how much weight we've each lost since we started our quest; those are numbers we can be very very proud of @ our shindig.

Sheila53
05-01-2003, 06:58 PM
May sounds good. Would it be possible for me to bring my DH, though? I have a disability, and I need him to help me with travel and stuff.