Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Wednesday 12/19/2012

lisa32989
12-19-2012, 07:04 AM
:welcome3:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

maezy1
12-19-2012, 07:11 AM
Good morning all - well it is here, surgery day. Please say prayers and/or send positive energy my way. If I don't make any sense the next time I sign on let me know! It may be the morphine diet that I will be on for awhile!

Fishette
12-19-2012, 07:30 AM
You are going to come through with flying colors and heal so fast the doctors will be amazed! We are cheering you on and praying for your doctors. You will feel so much better to have this being you.

kileymed13
12-19-2012, 07:34 AM
Good morning all - well it is here, surgery day. Please say prayers and/or send positive energy my way. If I don't make any sense the next time I sign on let me know! It may be the morphine diet that I will be on for awhile!

I will be thinking of you today!!! Wishing you a speedy recovery. :hug:

Cindy56
12-19-2012, 07:39 AM

Best wishes! You'll be back with us before you know it!

sonyainva
12-19-2012, 07:40 AM

Sending positive vibes your way. Get well soon.

bubbleblower
12-19-2012, 07:42 AM

Prayers and positive thoughts going up!! You'll do great!

ragdoll74
12-19-2012, 08:09 AM
Thinking about you today Maezy.

SDChickie
12-19-2012, 08:43 AM

You will be in my thoughts and prayers today and over the coming days, Maezy!

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

rainbowsmiles
12-19-2012, 09:00 AM
Maezy, sending you love and prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!! keep smiling my friend :) we are all here for you!!!

A1Texan
12-19-2012, 09:00 AM
My second week is going well - still two days till WI :)

scorbett1103
12-19-2012, 09:20 AM
Good luck Maezy!! And speedy recovery :)

It's WI Wednesday for me, I'm down 1.8lbs and half an inch! It's crazy because usually when I've had a couple of really good weeks I hit a slowdown week. But hey, that's close enough to 2lbs that I'll call it a great loss trend instead!

I started doing some *very* light yoga on my Wii Fit this week - not even enough to get my heart rate up but enough that I feel my muscles working. I had set up a 20 minute routine a while back, I'm going to see how that goes over the next week or so, and may increase it to a 100 calorie light exercise session (which should be about 30 minutes) if all goes well. I am really looking forward to getting back into more intense exercise in maintenance! Who'd have thought that I'd be saying that - six months ago I'd complain if I had to park too far from the door when I'd go shopping!

ShanCo
12-19-2012, 09:20 AM
Wk 1 weigh-in yesterday...down 8.8 lbs! :) Already feeling so much more energized! I weigh-in on Tuesdays but next Tuesday is Christmas and the following is New Years so it will be 3 weeks before I weigh-in again. They gave me the option for another day, but I wanted to wait so I can see another BIG number! :) LOL!

A1Texan
12-19-2012, 09:29 AM
Wk 1 weigh-in yesterday...down 8.8 lbs! :) Already feeling so much more energized! I weigh-in on Tuesdays but next Tuesday is Christmas and the following is New Years so it will be 3 weeks before I weigh-in again. They gave me the option for another day, but I wanted to wait so I can see another BIG number! :) LOL!
Good Job there ShanCo. I'm doing a self-WI this Friday because my Coach is out of town but get to see her on the 28th for the "Official" WI. Like you, I want to see that BIG number.....good luck over the Holidays!!

scorbett1103

Nice job! What a great way to go into the holidays!!!

breezie68
Good morning!
My clinic is closed a lot during the holidays, and open only 8am-1pm (on Mondays and Wednesdays, which is when I am at work) so I won't get to weigh in again until Jan 5th. Well, hopefully I'll loose a substantial amount by then! Does anyone elses's clinic close during the holidays?

mrskuby
12-19-2012, 09:33 AM
Good morning all! I have been on IP for one week and lurking here for most of that week. I just had my first weigh in yesterday and I lost 5.8lbs! I have never lost that much in one week! Actually, I'm not sure if I've ever lost that much in one month! LOL.

I am finding so much useful info on these message boards that it's hard not to keep reading all day at work! I'm so glad I found this! My coach is helpful, but maybe not as helpful as these pages have been! Thank you all for being so involved and sharing so much info!

Have a great day!:D

djs06
12-19-2012, 09:38 AM
Good luck, Maezy! Let us know how you make out!

A1Texan
12-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Good morning all! I have been on IP for one week and lurking here for most of that week. I just had my first weigh in yesterday and I lost 5.8lbs! I have never lost that much in one week! Actually, I'm not sure if I've ever lost that much in one month! LOL.

I am finding so much useful info on these message boards that it's hard not to keep reading all day at work! I'm so glad I found this! My coach is helpful, but maybe not as helpful as these pages have been! Thank you all for being so involved and sharing so much info!

Welcome MrSkuby....This is my second week on IP and like you have never lost so much in so little time. Great motivation to keep going. Since I don't see my coach but once a week, these boards have been a great outlet for information, inspiration, ideas to get and share. Keep up the good work and Happy Holidays!

benice
12-19-2012, 10:02 AM

Sending positive throughts your way today!

Today's NSV--I have achieved end of grad school weight!! WOO HOO!! It took me 3.5 years to get it on and 3 months to get it off. Not interested in seeing those lbs ever again! Next goal is start of grad school weight (162)...and then my "normal" weight of 145...hopefully by the time my wedding rolls around in April.

Thanks to everyone here for all of your support! Even though I'm primarily a lurker, I could not have done it without you!

ready4thin
12-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Good morning!
My clinic is closed a lot during the holidays, and open only 8am-1pm (on Mondays and Wednesdays, which is when I am at work) so I won't get to weigh in again until Jan 5th. Well, hopefully I'll loose a substantial amount by then! Does anyone elses's clinic close during the holidays?

Hello,

Yes my clinic is closed until January 7th, so my last weigh in was Dec. 17th, that is a long stretch with no coaching, but I am going to try my best over the holidays and hopefully have a big payoff! It was a bit of a pain buying all my food for 3 weeks on Monday and trying to figure out what I was going to want for the holidays and making sure that I will have all the Christmas cravings covered....not to mention a big hit on my wallet all at once, especially this time of year. I like to go week to week, it doesn't feel as expensive that way!! Anyway, here is to hoping I can make it for the 3 weeks with no coaching support!!!

Happy Holidays!

Bella73123
12-19-2012, 11:37 AM
As a lot of you know, I set my goal to maintain for the next little while hoping that some of this horrendous stress will go away and I will be in a better frame of mind. So, good news...by Saturday morning I had lost 3.2lbs this week...bad news, by today I had gained it all back. Oh well, without IP under all this stress I would probably have gained at least 10lbs by now, so I'm thankful that I have been able to maintain.

mightbe
12-19-2012, 11:55 AM
I have been down and out with bronchitis since Monday so I missed weigh in yesterday but noticed when I went to take my son to school this morning that the sweats I bought a week ago are feeling quite baggy already!
My weight hasn't changed much in the last month but I have dropped a bunch of inches! I love the inch loss but would really like that darn scale to move too!!

Maezy, good luck today, you will be in my prayers! :hug:

lisa32989
12-19-2012, 12:13 PM
Hoping the best for Maezy today!

I feel like I'm coming down with a cold so now I'll be making the chicken soup I've been talking about. Homemade broth, roasted chicken, celery, leeks, a few green onions, spices. I've been sooo thirsty today and trying to get as many WARM liquids as possible (peppermint tea right now - luckily I brought a hot pot to work). I just hope this stays "small" and I don't get super sick. I'm also making chili tonite: a pot for me with no beans & extra veggies and one for DH with beans.

Yes my clinic is closed until January 7th, so my last weigh in was Dec. 17th, that is a long stretch with no coaching, but I am going to try my best over the holidays and hopefully have a big payoff! It was a bit of a pain buying all my food for 3 weeks on Monday and trying to figure out what I was going to want for the holidays and making sure that I will have all the Christmas cravings covered....not to mention a big hit on my wallet all at once, especially this time of year. I like to go week to week, it doesn't feel as expensive that way!! Anyway, here is to hoping I can make it for the 3 weeks with no coaching support!!!
That is a long time to go with no coach support BUT we all have each other and a whole board-full of support!!! I'm not having a WI this week but will go on Monday 12/24 and then not again until 1/7, not because the clinic is closed but because I'll be on vacation in FL. I've decided to monitor my weight while I'm in FL at a friend's house, on their home scale. Even if it isn't calibrated to my clinic's scale, it'll give me loss/gain/maintain info, which I've come to look forward to on a weekly basis.

I have been on IP for one week and lurking here for most of that week. I just had my first weigh in yesterday and I lost 5.8lbs! I have never lost that much in one week! Actually, I'm not sure if I've ever lost that much in one month! LOL.

I feel the same way about this board and about IP....that's why I have stuck with it! Welcome, welcome & congrats for starting NOW, rather than waiting for Jan 1. Look where you'll be by then!

Today's NSV--I have achieved end of grad school weight!! WOO HOO!! It took me 3.5 years to get it on and 3 months to get it off. Not interested in seeing those lbs ever again! Next goal is start of grad school weight (162)...and then my "normal" weight of 145...hopefully by the time my wedding rolls around in April.
Congrats on your victory! An NSV is non-scale but this is a victory, nonetheless!!!!
Maybe I'm just too old but I have no idea what my pre- & post grad school weights were (at least the first round of grad school). I DO know I weighed less than I do now and I wore smaller clothes.
Right now I'm in smaller clothes than my second round of grad school :) - that was only a few years ago so still in my memory banks ;)

And

My eventual goal will be closer to my college days weight :) I've got some idea what that was...

mrskuby
12-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Thanks Texan and Lisa! I am glad that I started right away instead of waiting till after the holidays (like most of my friends suggested). I felt that putting it off was another way of cheating... and that didn't make sense if I am going to do a diet this tough. And I do think it's tough...tougher than quitting smoking! But if I can have good results like yesterdays, then i can do it!!! Plus you folks are amazing and inspirational!! Soo glad I found this site!!!:carrot:

benice
12-19-2012, 01:12 PM
Congrats on your victory! An NSV is non-scale but this is a victory, nonetheless!!!!
Maybe I'm just too old but I have no idea what my pre- & post grad school weights were (at least the first round of grad school). I DO know I weighed less than I do now and I wore smaller clothes.
Right now I'm in smaller clothes than my second round of grad school :) - that was only a few years ago so still in my memory banks ;)

And

My eventual goal will be closer to my college days weight :) I've got some idea what that was...

HAHAHA! You're TOTALLY right. It never occurred to me that this is scale related. I guess I think of this as an NSV because it is kind of a frame-of-mind shift for me more than a number on the scale. So funny that it is actually a scale victory :)

And congrats on your smaller clothes victory!! What is it about grad school that packs on the pounds?? I tell ya. It was killer for me!

NinjaNurse
12-19-2012, 01:24 PM

:hug::goodvibes:getwell:

Thinking of you!!!

NinjaNurse
12-19-2012, 01:29 PM

It's WI Wednesday for me, I'm down 1.8lbs and half an inch! It's crazy because usually when I've had a couple of really good weeks I hit a slowdown week. But hey, that's close enough to 2lbs that I'll call it a great loss trend instead!

I started doing some *very* light yoga on my Wii Fit this week - not even enough to get my heart rate up but enough that I feel my muscles working. I had set up a 20 minute routine a while back, I'm going to see how that goes over the next week or so, and may increase it to a 100 calorie light exercise session (which should be about 30 minutes) if all goes well. I am really looking forward to getting back into more intense exercise in maintenance! Who'd have thought that I'd be saying that - six months ago I'd complain if I had to park too far from the door when I'd go shopping!

HINT: Yoga playdate, just sayin............

AND I still love to get as close as possible to the doors of a store when I shop, it's kind of a game with me. I almost called you when I got a spot IN FRONT of MB last week.

Thanks to everyone here for all of your support! Even though I'm primarily a lurker, I could not have done it without you!

Congrats Benice!!! Grad school is a dream of mine, someday.........
PS: I love weddings, just sayin..................

Debrasb
12-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Having a rough couple of weeks. The scale is just not budging, which is seriously demotivating. I feel like I am hallucinating about foods I used to eat, and it's made worse by the barrage of goodies in the breakroom at work. I'm sticking OP, but really having a rough time. If the scale would move, I think that would help (of course!).

Sorry to vent!!

scorbett1103
12-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Having a rough couple of weeks. The scale is just not budging, which is seriously demotivating. I feel like I am hallucinating about foods I used to eat, and it's made worse by the barrage of goodies in the breakroom at work. I'm sticking OP, but really having a rough time. If the scale would move, I think that would help (of course!).

Sorry to vent!!

Don't apologize, we're great sounding boards here :)

How long has it been since you have seen the scale move (at all), or is it just super low losses? Have you changed anything recently about what, or when you eat? Are you getting in all of your salt, oil, supplements and water?

Just trying to help pinpoint the issue, someone may have the suggestion that kicks you back in gear :)

NinjaNurse
12-19-2012, 01:41 PM
WI today!! Rockin bod coach and I are kind of bonding. But, truth be told, I am only there to get weighed, measured, and pick up my food. I don't know what else I am supposed to be doing, but I have all of you for ???? so what else do I need???

As of today, I am 28lbs lighter and 11inches smaller. I am kind of bummed about the inches. Not ungrateful by any means, clothes are getting too big, but it seemed like last time I lost weight I didn't really go down too many sizes and that is a dream of mine.

I was surprised with the wgt loss since I was depressed (still am) about what happened Friday and had a hard time getting motivated to eat. (How's that for a switch??) AND it was TOM so I am super grateful for more than a pound.

I do have a ??? you know that when you tell people you are IP, they almost always know someone who did it and GAINED THE WEIGHT BACK.

I KNOW this is a lifestyle change and I am prepared for it but when I also see people who go off plan here for a week or so and GAIN 2+lbs I get worried. I know we will learn about maintenance but with the exception of the Strawberry Wafers and Salt and Vinegar Crisps:hug:;)(Ok, and choco drink my morning coffee) I can't wait to get rid of the IP food.

My goal is to become physically active again (Mud Run this Summer is a goal) but I am worried with the speed of this weight loss, will it be easier to gain it back once we are back in the real world of food???

Debrasb
12-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Don't apologize, we're great sounding boards here :)

How long has it been since you have seen the scale move (at all), or is it just super low losses? Have you changed anything recently about what, or when you eat? Are you getting in all of your salt, oil, supplements and water?

Just trying to help pinpoint the issue, someone may have the suggestion that kicks you back in gear :)

Thanks for writing back, I really appreciate it. It's been two weeks -- I'm actually up a pound now, which is killing me. I have been 100% OP. The only thing I can think of is that it's been a stressful week with some family illnesses, so I am definitely very tired. I've been trying to drink lots of plain green tea (decaf) to flush any stress hormones out.

scorbett1103
12-19-2012, 01:50 PM
WI today!! Rockin bod coach and I are kind of bonding. But, truth be told, I am only there to get weighed, measured, and pick up my food. I don't know what else I am supposed to be doing, but I have all of you for ???? so what else do I need???

As of today, I am 28lbs lighter and 11inches smaller. I am kind of bummed about the inches. Not ungrateful by any means, clothes are getting too big, but it seemed like last time I lost weight I didn't really go down too many sizes and that is a dream of mine.

I was surprised with the wgt loss since I was depressed (still am) about what happened Friday and had a hard time getting motivated to eat. (How's that for a switch??) AND it was TOM so I am super grateful for more than a pound.

I do have a ??? you know that when you tell people you are IP, they almost always know someone who did it and GAINED THE WEIGHT BACK.

I KNOW this is a lifestyle change and I am prepared for it but when I also see people who go off plan here for a week or so and GAIN 2+lbs I get worried. I know we will learn about maintenance but with the exception of the Strawberry Wafers and Salt and Vinegar Crisps:hug:;)(Ok, and choco drink my morning coffee) I can't wait to get rid of the IP food.

My goal is to become physically active again (Mud Run this Summer is a goal) but I am worried with the speed of this weight loss, will it be easier to gain it back once we are back in the real world of food???

I've run into the same thing - and if you probe a little deeper when they offer that unhelpful comment, you usually find one of a few things:

- they did not phase off properly
- they are not following the Maintenance protocol, either by not balancing their meals or by turning cheat "days" in to cheat "weekends" or cheat "weeks".

When you see people who go off plan and gain a lot, you are looking at mostly WATER weight - you have to consume 3500 calories to gain a pound of actual fat. Many times it's the shock to the system because a big cheat happened without phasing off. Sometimes it's vacation time that was more of a semi-cheat week than a cheat day. But there's always a reasonable explanation that does NOT point to maintenance being ineffective, IF you get there correctly and stick with the protocol.

I also remind people that I can introduce them to FOUR of my coworkers (just on my unit) that went through the plan, phased off properly, and are 1 year or more into maintenance and still look fantastic :)

jenshoopie
12-19-2012, 01:55 PM

Only one this to say about THAT.... WOO HOO!!!!

Dinie89
12-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Good morning!

my clinic is also closed during the holidays - she is normally only open monday and tues so i am having to wait till jan 7th for my next offical WI

scorbett1103
12-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Thanks for writing back, I really appreciate it. It's been two weeks -- I'm actually up a pound now, which is killing me. I have been 100% OP. The only thing I can think of is that it's been a stressful week with some family illnesses, so I am definitely very tired. I've been trying to drink lots of plain green tea (decaf) to flush any stress hormones out.

Stress and lack of sleep can definitely cause you to retain water - and the best remedy for water retention is more water :) Just keep drinking plenty of water (or decaf tea if you like it). Do you keep a food journal or use a site like myfitnesspal.com or fatsecret.com? It may help to just look at what your daily intake has been over the last few weeks, and what your eating patterns have been. Have you been walking/getting more exercise than usual, and not compensating with extra food? Just some ideas. A true stall would be no losses for more than 4 weeks, you're still in what could be considered "normal" especially if you have stress factors, if you are getting close to TOM arriving, and hey it's the holidays so I'm sure you're pushed to the limits on all fronts.

SpittenImage
12-19-2012, 02:40 PM
For 2 weeks I've avoided the stocked cabinet of holiday cookies and nuts and danishes -- I walk right by that cabinet, go to the printer and back to my cubicle. Today I forgot my protein bar, and although I had an EAS drink waiting for me in the fridge I still managed to get caught up in convo by that cabinet and ended up eating a handful of peanuts (spicy hot peanuts)...and now I'm drinking my EAS drink with pure guilt lol.

I wont eat my restrict later...since I cheated with the nuts, but is it going to throw me off for the next 3 days????? I honestly think it was only like 8 or 9 peanuts....

:-(

rofl306
12-19-2012, 03:18 PM
For 2 weeks I've avoided the stocked cabinet of holiday cookies and nuts and danishes -- I walk right by that cabinet, go to the printer and back to my cubicle. Today I forgot my protein bar, and although I had an EAS drink waiting for me in the fridge I still managed to get caught up in convo by that cabinet and ended up eating a handful of peanuts (spicy hot peanuts)...and now I'm drinking my EAS drink with pure guilt lol.

I wont eat my restrict later...since I cheated with the nuts, but is it going to throw me off for the next 3 days????? I honestly think it was only like 8 or 9 peanuts....

:-(

From what I could find in myfitnesspal it was about a 165 cal and 6 gross carbs for one oz. I think you will be fine. Continue on with your restricted and finish the day with 100%. The peanuts are not the worst you could have eaten so give yourself credit for that. Scorbett said she finished strong this week even with a slip so have no worries about what you can't change. :)

SpittenImage
12-19-2012, 03:35 PM
From what I could find in myfitnesspal it was about a 165 cal and 6 gross carbs for one oz. I think you will be fine. Continue on with your restricted and finish the day with 100%. The peanuts are not the worst you could have eaten so give yourself credit for that. Scorbett said she finished strong this week even with a slip so have no worries about what you can't change. :)

Thanks! I'll be sure to bring my PB soy puffs (I use alternatives but I was gifted a box of soy puffs for my birthday) with me tomorrow since peanuts are so tempting. Thanks! I hope so, I'd hate to mess up my midweek with today's minor slip. :)

SDChickie
12-19-2012, 04:04 PM
Hello, fellow iPeeps!

It's been a great day. Officially finished my Christmas shopping (which I didn't even START until Monday). At one of the stores, a young female employee complimented me on my "killer boots," some knee-high boots I bought for myself last week. :) I had a 2.8 lb and 2.5 inch loss at my WI today AND I successfully ran my first day of C25K Week 8 (28 minute run) this afternoon. :D

Time to wrap some gifts! WOO HOO!

sonyainva
12-19-2012, 04:26 PM

That's an awesome loss. Keep up the yoga.

Good morning!

My clinic is only closed Christmas day.

Great loss!

Great NSV! Grad school weight. Woo hoo!

Had my weigh in lost 0.2 pounds, lost some inches, lost 1.2 off my fat, muscle went up. Only 1.5 points away before I can officially go to p2

Shedit
12-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Had my weigh in lost 0.2 pounds, lost some inches, lost 1.2 off my fat, muscle went up. Only 1.5 points away before I can officially go to p2

So awesome Sonya, keep it up!:dancer:

byugrl
12-19-2012, 06:15 PM
HI all !!!

Had my WI today ..Coach confirmed my 1 lb loss. My hydration was an issue. I don't know how cause I get my 3 32oz of water and then some. How can Hydration be an issue when I am almost floating away here ?
He also thinks stomach issues are a problem for me. Now on top of the supplements I am taking I have to take 3 more pills for that !!! UGGGGGGGGGGGG !!!!!!!! On a lighter note I am losing inches.

lisa32989
12-19-2012, 07:22 PM
Thanks Texan and Lisa! I am glad that I started right away instead of waiting till after the holidays (like most of my friends suggested). I felt that putting it off was another way of cheating... and that didn't make sense if I am going to do a diet this tough. And I do think it's tough...tougher than quitting smoking! But if I can have good results like yesterdays, then i can do it!!! Plus you folks are amazing and inspirational!! Soo glad I found this site!!!
I thought it was going to be tougher than it is. If I had known, I'd have started sooner! I had to psych myself up for this "tough" plan....and it really hasn't been...
Sorry to vent!!
I saw what Scorbett has discussed so far...
Have you lost inches?
A true stall would be no loss on the scale OR measurements for a month. We all want the scale to have BIG movement every week but truth be told, we are humans and have hormones. Besides the female hormones that can wreck havoc from 1-2 weeks/month, other hormones like cortisol (stress) can also stall the scale.
I'm sorry for your frustration. I've felt the pain of the scale not budging but it eventually does...hopefully with a whoosh!

Sammie12
12-19-2012, 07:52 PM
Good evening everyone. Wow a couple of great losses today. My wi is tomorrow & this week I feel like it might be a small loss. My coach said last week that i should be coming up to a small loss soon.

whytokay
12-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Hello IPeeps. Congrats on everyone's big losses, and best of luck to you maezy...

This week has been so weird for me. I started IP while on my TOM, and it's come around to that time again but this time I am just ... miserable. I feel really depressed and agitated, irritable, annoyed... You name it. I'm typically 100% OP but have been giving into a pinch of cheese on my big mac in a bowl... shouldn't hurt as others do it too and still lose, but I feel a little guilty.

Moreover, I would kill for some froyo. I put the chocolate pudding in the freezer for a couple minutes hoping it'd be similiar.. nope. still craving. any thoughts on curing this? I have jello in the fridge (eat that every nite... it's definitely my staple in this diet lol! That and rutabaga "fries" -- i make them more like chips)

I hope I get over my moodiness soon. Maybe my long weekend will help (don't have to be back at work til the 26th yay!)

amberjules
12-19-2012, 10:43 PM
I'm doing a happy dance for 2 reasons today!

1) I had my 3 week weigh in today and lost 5.6 lbs this week for a total of 14 lbs lost!
2) I finally am able to add a signature with my weight loss ticker! I know, the small things get me!! :)

Alma4343
12-19-2012, 11:11 PM
I'm doing a happy dance for 2 reasons today!

1) I had my 3 week weigh in today and lost 5.6 lbs this week for a total of 14 lbs lost!
2) I finally am able to add a signature with my weight loss ticker! I know, the small things get me!! :)

GREAT Job. Congratulations!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Fishette
12-20-2012, 05:27 AM
Amberjules, I do believe you've got this!