Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Tuesday 12/18/2012

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Tuesday 12/18/2012

lisa32989
12-18-2012, 07:12 AM
:welcome3:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

sonyainva
12-18-2012, 08:26 AM
Good morning everyone

Day 6 of 28 where I have pledged to be 100 % OP. On day 28 hopefully I get to start p2 based on results.

A1Texan
12-18-2012, 09:08 AM
Good Morning everyone. I don't like to cook but last night I steamed up some cauliflower and made mashed cauli-potatoes..LOL With enough spices I couldn't tell the difference. Added steamed zucchini and roasted rosemary chicken and BAM :carrot:

ragdoll74
12-18-2012, 09:36 AM
Good Morning everyone. I don't like to cook but last night I steamed up some cauliflower and made mashed cauli-potatoes..LOL With enough spices I couldn't tell the difference. Added steamed zucchini and roasted rosemary chicken and BAM :carrot:

Your dinner sounds way better than what I had last night.:)

The mashed cauli is also good with a little I can't believe it's not butter spray.

scorbett1103
12-18-2012, 09:41 AM

Great job! Just wait until you get really rolling, you'll be cooking up veggies like you never dreamed you could!

rofl306
12-18-2012, 09:57 AM

These IP peeps had the same effect on me. Now some relatives even ask me for recipes. Cooking... who knew it would be us!

A1Texan
12-18-2012, 10:27 AM
My real weakness is Mexican food, so fresh salsa is my friend. I put it on just about everything. When ever we go out to eat, I always ask for a to-go container of their hot salsa to take home.

wuv2bloved
12-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Good morning, the internet is working this morning so I figured I better pop in and say HELLO!

sahmmommy2
12-18-2012, 10:39 AM

You should check out Liz's puree recipes. She might have a recipe for salsa you would enjoy. If I remember right, she likes spicy food!

Here is the link to the "Fun With Veggie Puree" thread. She has a recipe for red pepper salsa in there:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html

MonicaKolesnik
12-18-2012, 11:01 AM
Good morning fellow IP'ers, today I am feeling great and so wanted to share, I have made it to my mini goal of 30 pounds lost by Christmas and I am at 59 pounds lost overall. I am still wanting to be 60 pounds lost before my parents come down for the after Christmas visit and I love knowing if I stay on plan it will happen! Hope everyone else is having a good day too..:)

WyoGirl82
12-18-2012, 11:02 AM
Soooo Discouraged.
I spent the weekend in Las Vegas....stayed completely OP. AND, came back and had gained a pound. This is when it's hard to stay motivated. Has anyone else had this happen when travelling??? I need some encouraging words.

sahmmommy2
12-18-2012, 11:07 AM
Soooo Discouraged.
I spent the weekend in Las Vegas....stayed completely OP. AND, came back and had gained a pound. This is when it's hard to stay motivated. Has anyone else had this happen when travelling??? I need some encouraging words.

Chug, chug, chug the water! If you were on an airplane, chances are you need some extra water! If you ate out alot over the weekend, your salt intake might have been higher than usual also...YOU CAN DO IT!

amberjules
12-18-2012, 11:17 AM

That sounds amazing. What spices did you use? I was thinking of making mashed cauliflower tonight with some Cod and brocolli.

maezy1
12-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Lost 4 lbs this week! yea me!!!! 4 more lbs before the end of the 2012 to make it to 50lbs for the year! Not going to stress over it though

rofl306
12-18-2012, 11:57 AM
Good morning fellow IP'ers, today I am feeling great and so wanted to share, I have made it to my mini goal of 30 pounds lost by Christmas and I am at 59 pounds lost overall. I am still wanting to be 60 pounds lost before my parents come down for the after Christmas visit and I love knowing if I stay on plan it will happen! Hope everyone else is having a good day too..:)

Lost 4 lbs this week! yea me!!!! 4 more lbs before the end of the 2012 to make it to 50lbs for the year! Not going to stress over it though

Best wishes for the pounds to melt away by Christmas and more for New Years!!

rainbowsmiles
12-18-2012, 01:21 PM
its been so long since i have enjoyed fruits...
i could have licked myself all over last night after using a new TANGERINE BODY WASH!!!
OOOoooo it smelled so delicious!!!
:love: :D :love:

lisa32989
12-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Lemonade & Mandarin Orange Mio are my friends

Alma4343
12-18-2012, 01:40 PM

Congratulations! This is AMAZING. :carrot::carrot:

Soooo Discouraged.

Yes, traveling messes me up. I bet you will have a big drop at the next weigh in. Between water retention, not being totally sure what is in your food and stress, it happens. I am sure it is temporary. Try not to be discouraged. LOOK, you stayed OP while traveling, that is INCREDIBLE!

What?! 4 more! That is SUPER, you are doing so so so well!
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

i could have licked myself all over last night after using a new TANGERINE BODY WASH!!!

Oh, I am so craving grapes :) As Lisa mentioned MIO helps! I love the smell of tangerine oil mixed with cinnamon, such a yummy smell.

ragdoll74
12-18-2012, 01:41 PM

:carrot::carrot:

Soooo Discouraged.

Did you do a lot of walking when you were there? You may have been more active and gained some muscle. If not, it could just be water weight. Don't get too worried about it. I bet the next WI will be better.

Nice weigh in Maezy!

blessedamberly
12-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Congratulations! :carrot:

You can do it!

Not going to lie- I take really long sniffs of my kids fruit when I am cutting it up. Never have touched, but it smells soooo good. Maybe body wash is the answer to my problem Rainbow!

Finally have a few minutes to be on here again. Hoping for a great weigh in this week so I can hit 60 before christmas, but if I don't no big deal because I will get there eventually. I had my yearly with my Dr. yesterday and she was genuinely excited and happy for me- I love smaller towns and being able to know your dr. Sad she is moving in a week to be closer to her family- been with her since my first pregnancy. We discussed goal weight for a bit and the input from her was nice. Also realized I now weigh less than when my husband and I got married!

Kat117
12-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Here is something I just don't get. My WI is on Tuesday mornings. By Sunday/Monday I am so excited because I will see that the scale will be down 4 or 5 pounds. I wake up on Tuesday and weigh myself, and I only lose 2-3 pounds. How does that happen????

Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful for every pound, heck every tenth of a pound I lose, but I am starting to hate that weekly little let down.

SW 280
CW 219
GW 120

rofl306
12-18-2012, 02:27 PM

Not going to lie- I take really long sniffs of my kids fruit when I am cutting it up. Never have touched, but it smells soooo good. Maybe body wash is the answer to my problem Rainbow!

Finally have a few minutes to be on here again. Hoping for a great weigh in this week so I can hit 60 before christmas, but if I don't no big deal because I will get there eventually. I had my yearly with my Dr. yesterday and she was genuinely excited and happy for me- I love smaller towns and being able to know your dr. Sad she is moving in a week to be closer to her family- been with her since my first pregnancy. We discussed goal weight for a bit and the input from her was nice. Also realized I now weigh less than when my husband and I got married!

The fruit is hard for me too. I have found rhubarb as my saving veggie. I stew it and mix in WF spreads. My current fav is apple. I eat it on pancakes or by itself. I have made the crisp with the oatmeal but after I spilt one in the oven I haven't been as interested in making it again. What a mess! LOL my own fault.

blessedamberly - Congrats on weighing less than when you got married! I hope your new dr will be just as friendly.

Iowafarmgirl
12-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Good afternoon - first, thank you all for posting to this site. I'm a first timer to post but have been lurking here for the last month while I have been on IP. Your encouragement is awesome and why I decided to pop on. Will continue to follow y'all as I continue on the program.

Started IP on 11/17/2012 - down 17.8 pounds and 22 inches

5'10'' - 229.4 lbs on start date - goal 170 lbs

amberjules
12-18-2012, 02:46 PM

Congratulations!!! A super cool achievement! Isn't it nice to think we are all going into the new year already losing weight rather than thinking, "I really need to start a diet on January 1?"!!!

amberjules
12-18-2012, 02:48 PM

OMG, I was at work when I read this and start literally laughing out loud at the visual of licking your entire body because of the tantalizing smell of the body wash. hehehee

maezy1
12-18-2012, 02:55 PM
AMBERJULES - u said it the best! Im watching all of these people at work stuff their face while talking about starting a diet in January. Now all the critics are asking me to help them learn the IP way!!! As i tell 'em - you've got to commit to it in your head as a life style not just a short term diet til you can go back to eating too much again. I figure the more converts I get the easier it will be for me & the more support that I will have.
January 6th starts the Mardi Gras season and the king cakes - thank God I don't like king cakes!

A1Texan
12-18-2012, 03:08 PM
You should check out Liz's puree recipes. She might have a recipe for salsa you would enjoy. If I remember right, she likes spicy food!

Here is the link to the "Fun With Veggie Puree" thread. She has a recipe for red pepper salsa in there:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html
Awesome...Thanks!

A1Texan
12-18-2012, 03:13 PM
That sounds amazing. What spices did you use? I was thinking of making mashed cauliflower tonight with some Cod and brocolli.
It was mostly garlic/sea salt, onion powder, olive oil and I crushed some rosemary in there from the roasted chicken. I plan on making a Sheppard's Pie with the left over Cauli-potatoes. I'll use some taco seasoning with the ground meat and add chopped broccoli instead of peas and green onions sprinkled on top....yummmm

rofl306
12-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Good afternoon - first, thank you all for posting to this site. I'm a first timer to post but have been lurking here for the last month while I have been on IP. Your encouragement is awesome and why I decided to pop on. Will continue to follow y'all as I continue on the program.

Started IP on 11/17/2012 - down 17.8 pounds and 22 inches

5'10'' - 229.4 lbs on start date - goal 170 lbs

WELCOME! Great first month!

sonyainva
12-18-2012, 03:34 PM

Great loss!

A1Texan
12-18-2012, 03:43 PM
How can you tell if your body is in ketosis when OP?

ragdoll74
12-18-2012, 04:10 PM
It was mostly garlic/sea salt, onion powder, olive oil and I crushed some rosemary in there from the roasted chicken. I plan on making a Sheppard's Pie with the left over Cauli-potatoes. I'll use some taco seasoning with the ground meat and add chopped broccoli instead of peas and green onions sprinkled on top....yummmm

For someone who doesn't cook much, you sure are coming up with some good stuff. I might try making a sheppards pie with the left over roast I have in the fridge.

thanks for the idea!

rainbowsmiles
12-18-2012, 04:40 PM
OMG, I was at work when I read this and start literally laughing out loud at the visual of licking your entire body because of the tantalizing smell of the body wash. hehehee

heehee tantalizing is a GREAT DESCRIPTION!!!!!

Sammie12
12-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Good evening everyone.. I'm gonna have to try that sheppards pie recipe sounds yummy.

WyoGirl82
12-18-2012, 05:38 PM
Thanks for all your responses. I did do a lot of walking and ate meat at a couple restaurants that I'm sure had extra salt. I think I've got my mindset back on line and will hope for better things next WI.

WyoGirl82
12-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Is there anywhere online to order the food? My counselor is always out of the good stuff and half of what he has is expired. The next closest counselor is 40 miles away.... I figure I can do this on my own if I can get the food.

Suchawittygal
12-18-2012, 05:43 PM

Every now and then I'll check with Ketostrips.

maezy1
12-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Well there are several symptoms but as someone once told me, if you are losing weight then does it really matter? For me it's the icky mouth thing that I have going on, kinda pasty. I never really even thought about it when I
started losing and I don't think that it has affected my losses

lisa32989
12-18-2012, 06:05 PM
Is there anywhere online to order the food? My counselor is always out of the good stuff and half of what he has is expired. The next closest counselor is 40 miles away.... I figure I can do this on my own if I can get the food.
dietnomoreonline.com has some items for less than your clinic but not as low as alternatives. There are other places such as plainprotein.com so you can compare prices.

Dinie89
12-18-2012, 06:13 PM
hello everyone

i am having an amazing day - especially after a tough week had my WI today and have official personal mini goal of 25lbs by Christmas -- on week 5 and have lost 26.3 pounsa -- :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

A1Texan
12-18-2012, 06:17 PM
hello everyone

i am having an amazing day - especially after a tough week had my WI today and have official personal mini goal of 25lbs by Christmas -- on week 5 and have lost 26.3 pounsa -- :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Awesome Job!!! It's a Dance Party....

:dancer::carrot::cb::dance::dancer::bunny2:

NinjaNurse
12-18-2012, 06:25 PM

HA HA you crack me up!! I haven't missed fruit too much. I like it, but really only craved it when I was PG.
I do have Lady Speed Stick Coconut Lime deodorant that smells delish though!!:dizzy:

Roasted Cauliflower. OMG. 'Nough said.

Love the idea of Shepards Pie. Something my family might actually eat!!!

MonicaKolesnik
12-18-2012, 06:27 PM
hello everyone

Congratulations!!! That is an absolutely fabulous 5 week loss!! :bravo:

jenshoopie
12-18-2012, 06:29 PM
I have a horrible cold, so I am just now getting a chance to check today's thread. Love to read what everyone is doing. I was able to stay IP. NO excuses to go off program because I am sick, etc. AND it was certainly easy to get all my water because I am so dehydrated with my cold LOL!

maezy1
12-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Having to eat "normal" food tonight for the big surgery tomorrow. Tried yesterday but couldn't bring myself to do it. We'll see if I eat it tonight. Never thought eating "normal" food would be so difficult!
DINIE89 !!! congrats on meeting your goal!!! isn't it wonderful?!

Willi
12-18-2012, 07:56 PM
Having to eat "normal" food tonight for the big surgery tomorrow. Tried yesterday but couldn't bring myself to do it. We'll see if I eat it tonight. Never thought eating "normal" food would be so difficult!

Good luck and heal quickly!

lisa32989
12-18-2012, 08:01 PM
Not sure what you mean by "normal". You don't have to go hog wild & eat sugar and white carbs. A "normal" dinner for me pre- IP was meat, veggies like green beans or brussel spouts, salad & maybe some berries.

lisa32989
12-18-2012, 08:04 PM
I have a horrible cold, so I am just now getting a chance to check today's thread. Love to read what everyone is doing. I was able to stay IP. NO excuses to go off program because I am sick, etc. AND it was certainly easy to get all my water because I am so dehydrated with my cold LOL!
Make some chicken soup with a whole chicken. I roast the chicken, use the carcass to make the broth & then add the meat. Celery, green onions or leeks, and any other veggies that sound good can go in there.
2-3 servings of that and you get your 8 oz of meat for the day AND veggies. Packet meals can be soup with pureed veggies. Hot tea too. Hot liquids really seem to help me when I have a cold.

I'm starting to feel congested tonite :(

maezy1
12-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Not sure what you mean by "normal". You don't have to go hog wild & eat sugar and white carbs. A "normal" dinner for me pre- IP was meat, veggies like green beans or brussel spouts, salad & maybe some berries.

Well the doc wants carbs and yes, some sugars in there as well. Not exactly "hog wild" I doubt if "hog wild" is in my repertoire any more. Im supposed to be off IP for 3 weeks.
For the record - I didn't get to my weight by eating meat and green veggies, salad and berries I can guarantee you.
If the painkillers worked the way that they did last time then I wont be eating at all for a while. New diet!!! the pain killer diet!

ragdoll74
12-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Good luck with surgery Maezy! Don't worry, we'll all be here to help you back on plan when you are able.

maezy1
12-18-2012, 08:32 PM
Good luck with surgery Maezy! Don't worry, we'll all be here to help you back on plan when you are able.

Thanks so much Ragdoll!!! I will need your help....the funny thing is that it isn't that easy coming off of IP after being on it for 89 days....never thought this would be the problem.....very weird experience for me. tells me that Ive been very focused and disciplined

MonicaKolesnik
12-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Alma434
ragdoll74
blessedamberly
rofl306

Thank you so much :cheer:

ragdoll74
12-18-2012, 08:41 PM
Maezy...I can imagine that it is a little scary. You can still be in control of your food, just try to make smart choices and take care of yourself.

EPAPRN
12-18-2012, 08:48 PM
WI today. Have become somewhat discouraged as my weight loss has been about 1lb or less for the past 5 weeks. I am OP 100% of the time. I am actually pretty comfortable in my current clothing size and would not be completely disappointed if I went on to P2 now. There are about 20lbs that I would, in a perfect world, like to come off.

My coach wants me to get down to 32% or less body fat (currently at 34.68) and then she said I could P2 if I want. My body may be telling me it's comfortable or happy where it is.

Or, maybe I need to shake things up a bit?

MonicaKolesnik
12-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Maezy1- good luck with surgery, we will be here for you on plan or not :hug: Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

Alma4343
12-18-2012, 09:03 PM

Good Luck! Please keep us posted on your progress.

rainbowsmiles
12-18-2012, 09:42 PM
HA HA you crack me up!! I haven't missed fruit too much. I like it, but really only craved it when I was PG.
I do have Lady Speed Stick Coconut Lime deodorant that smells delish though!!:dizzy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LxC3M-Yngs

PUT THE LIME IN THE COCONUT!!!!

singing and dancing!!!!!!!! and i got some rhythm ya'll!!!!
hey there is SNOW ON THE WAY TO VERMONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

happy day!!!!

rofl306
12-18-2012, 10:02 PM
WI today. Have become somewhat discouraged as my weight loss has been about 1lb or less for the past 5 weeks. I am OP 100% of the time. I am actually pretty comfortable in my current clothing size and would not be completely disappointed if I went on to P2 now. There are about 20lbs that I would, in a perfect world, like to come off.

My coach wants me to get down to 32% or less body fat (currently at 34.68) and then she said I could P2 if I want. My body may be telling me it's comfortable or happy where it is.

Or, maybe I need to shake things up a bit?

I have been feeling the same way. It was actually my coach that suggested I might be ready to go to P2 and 3 in the next couple of weeks. I was shocked but thought about it for a week and decided that I did like the idea. I went on P2 for one week and lost 3 lbs so I am now going back to P1 to try to lose the last 10 lbs that I was starting to think like it on me. I thought I just needed a break from P1 and I guess I did. I'm a little disappointed that I won't get an orange on Christmas (a tradition) but I can wait a month for that too. I am interested to see how P1 goes this week. I don't think I'll have any problem staying on program just the Christmas food envy. Lisa3289 said her mother shook things up this way also. Good luck.

rofl306
12-18-2012, 10:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LxC3M-Yngs

PUT THE LIME IN THE COCONUT!!!!

singing and dancing!!!!!!!! and i got some rhythm ya'll!!!!
hey there is SNOW ON THE WAY TO VERMONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

happy day!!!!

You ladies crack me up!!:carrot:

maezy1
12-18-2012, 10:04 PM
Monica and ALma thx! I will be online but if what I say sounds really weird just chalk it up to morphine!!!!! hahaha better keep the computer away from me to I downgrade to tylenol

PepperTown
12-18-2012, 10:22 PM
Do you know if we can use Campbell's Chicken Broth to boil our veggies? It says per 2/3 cups: 10 calories, 0 fat and 1 carb.

Can't seem to figure out how to get my 4 cups of veggies/day!!!

amberjules
12-18-2012, 10:23 PM
AMBERJULES - u said it the best! Im watching all of these people at work stuff their face while talking about starting a diet in January. Now all the critics are asking me to help them learn the IP way!!! As i tell 'em - you've got to commit to it in your head as a life style not just a short term diet til you can go back to eating too much again. I figure the more converts I get the easier it will be for me & the more support that I will have.
January 6th starts the Mardi Gras season and the king cakes - thank God I don't like king cakes!

Good for you on recruiting others to join the ranks of your weight loss! So exciting that you have that support as well, but also give back to others and teach them. It will definitely give you more strength and power to continue without faltering.

Ugh...king cakes..yeah not my favorite either. You can do it!

Fishette
12-18-2012, 10:44 PM
I have been feeling the same way. It was actually my coach that suggested I might be ready to go to P2 and 3 in the next couple of weeks. I was shocked but thought about it for a week and decided that I did like the idea. I went on P2 for one week and lost 3 lbs so I am now going back to P1 to try to lose the last 10 lbs that I was starting to think like it on me. I thought I just needed a break from P1 and I guess I did. I'm a little disappointed that I won't get an orange on Christmas (a tradition) but I can wait a month for that too. I am interested to see how P1 goes this week. I don't think I'll have any problem staying on program just the Christmas food envy. Lisa3289 said her mother shook things up this way also. Good luck.

I thinking about P2 on New Years Day. Today I had a fitness assessment at the gym at my work. They have a seemingly more sophisticated electronic gizmo than what the IP clinic uses. Although I had been planning on phasing off when I hit my goal here at 135, their advice was that my fat %age should be 23%, which means I have 7 pounds to go instead of 3. Sure, not much of a difference, but you may notice that I've been hitting 1 pound a week for a while now, so that would mean yet another month for those additional 4 pounds.

I'm thinking of Phasing off even if I'm not where they recommend, but adding back weight lifting, Pilates, spin classes, and swimming because my muscles have become so weak. If a few more pounds come off with all that, then that would ok too.

BTW, the IP gizmo when I first started said my lean body mass was 102 pounds. This fancy gizmo at the gym said 100 pounds. So, pretending that they are calibrated the same, this means I lost 32 pounds and 30 of those were fat. Woo Hoo!

NinjaNurse
12-18-2012, 10:49 PM
Well the doc wants carbs and yes, some sugars in there as well. Not exactly "hog wild" I doubt if "hog wild" is in my repertoire any more. Im supposed to be off IP for 3 weeks.
For the record - I didn't get to my weight by eating meat and green veggies, salad and berries I can guarantee you.
If the painkillers worked the way that they did last time then I wont be eating at all for a while. New diet!!! the pain killer diet!

I'll be thinking of you Maezy!! ((((Hugs))))

NinjaNurse
12-18-2012, 10:51 PM
Do you know if we can use Campbell's Chicken Broth to boil our veggies? It says per 2/3 cups: 10 calories, 0 fat and 1 carb.

Can't seem to figure out how to get my 4 cups of veggies/day!!!

College Broth is 0/0/0 and low sodium. I am have the beef at home. It's a blue and white can. They have other flavors,but I don't have them to notice if they are 0/0/0.