Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss - great belly divide.. anyone have this

WannaB2cute
12-15-2012, 11:51 PM
ok let me explain the best i can. a profile of your belly looks like a capital B. like you have a top roll, then sunk in, then a bottom roll? if this is you how (if at all) does this play a part in your loss or your self image after loss?

kaplods
12-16-2012, 01:16 AM
When I started, I had three humps, not just two, and the top two divided vertically as well as horizontally, so it looked like I had three sets of boobies (the top original set a DD cup, and the bottom two between a C and a D cup) sitting on top of third roll of fat. I called it my "six pack abs."

I've lost one set of the extra boobies, and the remining extra set has shrunk from C cup to A cup. So I guess I'm still a "B" lying down, but the top half of the B is much smaller than the bottom (and eventually it will be a lower case b, and then hopefully no b at all).

I haven't gotten to goal yet, but I don't think my shape has played any role in my loss, and very little in my self image. I've always thought I was pretty damned terrific (and so do my friends, family, and my husband), even at my highest weight, so I don't see it playing a big role after.

The only time I'm self-conscious about it, is when I'm naked with strangers, and since I'm only naked with strangers for a few minutes at the gym, it doesn't really impact on me at all.

Hubby and I met and married at our highest weights (me close to 400 lbs and he, almost 450), so while we were both very self-conscious our first few times naked together, it was all awesome from there.

Oddly enough, I'm having more problems adjusting to aging skin than deflating, loose, baggy skin. I hate my thinning eyebrows, fine lines, and crepey skin, and knobby arthritic fingers. I can handle loose skin, but I wish the skin itself was smooth.

Still, since I felt pretty marvelous at 394 lbs, I think I'll feel pretty marvelous at my goal weight (though I'll probalby spend a fortune on spanx and control top pantyhose).

dstalksalot
12-16-2012, 02:17 AM
I have this issue too. I wonder if its not due to being short waisted. The fat has no where else to settle. I first got the B after pregnancy and after 65 pounds lost it is better but still there...my waist to hip ratio seems to be shrinking as my weight goes down....I thought I would have more definition, but I do not.

sontaikle
12-16-2012, 06:53 AM
At goal I still have that. My stomach's been that way since I was young. No kids....I've just been fat since I was little.

pluckypear
12-16-2012, 08:21 AM
Yes, yes and yes. I have it. Once in my thirties I got down to 180 and the rolls were just more loose. But that actually bothered me less then the wings under my arms. Fat really settles in my arms. sigh
However I feel good about myself and what I am doing. I do not expect miracles I am very much a woman of science with a little psych mixed in. :) I would rather be healthier and more able to move then to have tighter skin.

Kaplods Have to say your response is so authentic. I always appreciate your posts. I am sure you hear that all the time but just saying.

mimsyborogoves
12-17-2012, 11:12 PM
I have that and it's just kinda... shrinking, but not changing. Like sontaikle, mine's always been that way, too, since I was little cause I was fat when I was little. I guess that means it won't ever not look like that, though, haha.

krampus
12-18-2012, 12:24 PM
At goal I still have that. My stomach's been that way since I was young. No kids....I've just been fat since I was little.

This. It's still kind of terrible if I'm sitting or bend over, but with a few months of weight training and maintaining this scale weight at least the bottom curve of the B is lessening.

Sigh!

CherryQuinn
12-18-2012, 12:53 PM
:( I have it too. It has to go. I guess some form of exercise may switch it to more ab like appearance? I hope so. cause at goal weight I will be pretty sad to still have two bellies Lol.

ReillyJ
12-18-2012, 04:47 PM
even though i'm pretty much almost at goal (a few inches here/there keep me from really feeling "at goal" but loose skin is getting in the way, also) i have that. Interestingly the LOWER abdomen (the bane of existence for most women) is flatter than the upper (right around, above my belly button) and that is the part that makes me feel like i haven't reached goal although some of it is loose skin but i know some of it also is that stubborn "belly" fat.
i didn't have this at all when i was younger and at the same weight but i am thinking that bulge (spare tire) is probably here to stay unless i get really strict and diet way down but then i'll probably have more loose skin to compensate so yes, i commiserate with you!

Radiojane
12-18-2012, 05:54 PM
I have a giant b. Like one that should be on the bank of america building. 70lbs down and all it's really done is sank lower, so I think I'm stuck with it.

owlsteazombies
12-18-2012, 09:39 PM
I have the giant B..It's not really changing. At all. My husband says it is, but I think he's saying that for self preservation.

Learning 2 Live
12-19-2012, 02:11 AM
Yeah, I got the B.

But I always assumed that it was due to the way I wore my pants. I would always button my pants at my belly button. So as I gained weight, it was just easier for my belly fat to expand where it wasn't held in by a waistband. I seriously didn't think this was weird at all. So I have the upper roll and the lower roll. As I've lost weight the lower roll has shrunk 5 inches and the top roll shrunk by 2 and 1/2. The lower roll used to be 6 inches bigger than the lower roll. Now they are only 3 1/2 inches different. I call that improvement.

dstalksalot
12-19-2012, 01:02 PM
I am glad you are all sharing your stories. I have been curious about this issue and wondering why. Judging from everyone's stats we are all different tallness. Is it a short waist/ torso thing? My body shape used to be an hourglass with larger hips but now I am more of a rectangle with large bust and butt. Little waist definition but not really an apple. My waste and torso are short. Is this the same for you all or is it just how some people carry weight? Curious if this B belly is a result of skeletal build and if body shape plays into it.

I am at a size 12 at this point moving to a 10, and wondering when the top belly will shrink enough so I don't feel pregnant in empire waist blouses. I am struggling with finding clothing at this point and seem to be feeling worse about my body than I did 65 pounds ago.

Radiojane
12-19-2012, 01:27 PM
I have a very long torso and still have this shape. I'm also a very defined hour glass (huge bust and hips, relatively tiny waist/ribcage).

owlsteazombies
12-19-2012, 02:02 PM
maybe it's an hourglass issue? I'm also an hourglass.

WannaB2cute
12-19-2012, 05:43 PM
@learning 2 live haha I always thought the same thing like maybe I just caused it because I wore my pants too tight.

I'm a short hourglass

saef
12-19-2012, 05:59 PM
I'm pear-shaped and I still have this, though more so on the upper part of the belly. The bottom part is getting flat. But the upper part? It's like a blouson top. I think much of it is loose skin. A tight-fitting sports bra actually reduces it somewhat. But I'm convinced it's not going away without surgical intervention.

missheidi87
12-20-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm more of a pear shape as well and I have this. I've had it since I was a chunky kid, though. My upper belly is slowly is shrinking, and the bottom really isn't. Maybe I need to add it as a separate measurement just to see. It's really annoying, though.

owlsteazombies
12-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Worst case scenario, we can use them to belly bump people that annoy us.

WannaB2cute
12-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Lol

free1
12-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Another capital B here. It's gotten smaller but it's definitely a B. I'll take it over the over-all egg look I used to have :)

gailr42
01-05-2013, 12:40 AM
I am short with a big stomach. Even when thin, which I was until middle age, I have almost no defined waistline. I have no "B". So, maybe it is the hour glass. I am a reverse "C", I guess.

Radiojane
01-06-2013, 01:10 PM
My b is morphing in a really weird way. It's flattening at the bottom so it almost feels square. Looks really weird too.

Glory87
01-06-2013, 01:39 PM
I am a short-waisted pear and I have the double belly (B). The closer I got to goal weight, the more the upper roll vanished. When I was at goal weight, I still had a gently rounded lower belly (I don't think I'll ever be completely flat stomached) but the upper belly nearly completely disappeared.

Shrinkberry
01-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Even when I lost all my weight the first time a little loose skin remained in a mini-roll above my belly button. So annoying.

It is interesting how different women are in the belly fat category yet most men just get the beer belly. Why is that?

Hyacinth
01-09-2013, 01:02 PM
I have this exact problem.

Also, (slight TMI ahead) I also notice since I've lost weight, the excess skin in my pubic region causes me to "cameltoe" easier than when I was fat! ugh.

I am tall, have an hourglass shape, and I am hoping the last 50 pounds I have to lose will remove much of my "B" as well as the back-boobs. I'd be willing to do exercises to help firm up the area, but I don't want to have skin surgery.

WannaB2cute
01-09-2013, 01:10 PM
Yea I got back wings too can't wait till those are gone

FatinSTL
01-21-2013, 03:56 PM
YES! My stomach looks cut in two. I have a top roll, then the line around my waist is smaller, then I have my bottom roll!

I am tall though and my weight is distributed evenly. My mom has the same thing even though she has lost a lot of weight. It must be a DNA thing. Some people get big bulging beer belly's and others get the cut look with a top and bottom roll? Maybe it's like attached and detached earlobes.

Personally, I like having my type of belly because I've seen girls with the big round beer belly look and it makes them look heavier.

thinner
01-22-2013, 06:49 PM
yeah your shape is genetic. alot of people lose and are just a smaller shape of what they used to be. "they" say that the first place you gain is the last place to go. usually it's that bottom stomach. that's why you have to keep cutting calories or whatever to create bigger and bigger deficits to eat fat off that hardest spot omg

losermom
01-23-2013, 10:02 AM
My B is now mostly a b. I still have some rolls of loose skin on my lower abdomen. I'm not real sure that it is due to carrying extra weight all those years because my mom's stomach looks very similar. I attribute it to 2 pregnancies of 9+ lb babies with tons of stretch marks like my mom. I'm definitely a rectangle/banana even though I'm a 32DD with a longer torso and really flat butt. My upper abs, or "flabs" as I call them, is no more than a weird little pooch that is not noticeable while dressed. The lower roll requires some attention because it could be noticeable if the fabric of my pants/skirt is tight or too thin. It is also bigger on one side than the other. Structure and belts are my friends!

melsweetie84
03-02-2013, 01:50 AM
Oh, most certainly, I do have that B belly!!! In fact, this entire post sealed my approval for this forum & I had to register! I would have sworn on any unborn children that I may or may never have that I caused this by wearing pants WAY too tight...however, back in the mid-late 90's, I promise you that I tried to find some to fit, unfortunately, cute-ish pants in my town seemed to only go to a size 13. I remember in middle school wearing really baggy t-shirts to try to disguise the ever-so-epic muffin top. And then, it got to where only khakis would come in sizes I could fit in. Thank GOD that plus size clothes are easier to find now!

I have found that with my weight loss so far, I still look the same in the mirror, just smaller. That includes both the top & bottom halves of my belly. Aggravating, since I'll probably never have the belly I'd be proud to flaunt on a beach in a bikini...but I'll live. :) I just might have to rock the **** out of a tankini & just pray that young children do not flock to the shade that my flappy batwings may provide.

Riddy
03-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Oh yeah, I have it too. What kills me is that the upper belly sticks out further than the lower, STILL. I'm losing hope that it will ever be well proportioned.

I now have a collection of shaping camisoles that I wear almost every day.

ReillyJ
03-03-2013, 03:52 PM
Oh yeah, I have it too. What kills me is that the upper belly sticks out further than the lower, STILL. I'm losing hope that it will ever be well proportioned.

I now have a collection of shaping camisoles that I wear almost every day.

YES! that's me exactly! Flat lower abdomen (well if you don't count the flap of loose skin!) and a little pooch above my belly button! I would rather have a bit of a rounded LOWER tummy and flat around the middle.

Can i ask what shapewear you like the best for flattening that area? I have a "waist nipper" that doesn't work, it works great for nipping in the sides of the waist which i don't need but not for flattening the front part of the waist (ie the tummy)

alyssarof2012
06-03-2013, 04:55 AM
I'm not positive what this 'B' looks like... I think my mother has one. Are you all talking about the crease across someone's stomach from wearing their jeans over their stomachs?

baltimora
06-03-2013, 05:16 PM
mine looks like a "B" as well. add to that my belly button looks like a pissed off mouth starting to say w.t.f..

wordsthatrhyme
06-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Yeah, I got the B.

But I always assumed that it was due to the way I wore my pants. I would always button my pants at my belly button. So as I gained weight, it was just easier for my belly fat to expand where it wasn't held in by a waistband. I seriously didn't think this was weird at all. So I have the upper roll and the lower roll. As I've lost weight the lower roll has shrunk 5 inches and the top roll shrunk by 2 and 1/2. The lower roll used to be 6 inches bigger than the lower roll. Now they are only 3 1/2 inches different. I call that improvement.

I always assumed it was because of the way I wear pants, too.

my2cats
06-16-2013, 09:40 PM
Aaaand add another one to the list. I am always super jealous of the pictures of people with single rounded bellies. I'm 5'10", size 8-10 and I still have a B belly. My upper roll is actually bigger than my bottom roll at this point (which just exacerbates the problem).

Some of it may be loose skin, but there is definitely still at least a spare bike tire of fat in there. That said, it has gotten noticeably better as I've lost weight, and I am holding out hope, while I may never have a perfect vertical belly button, I may at least have a visible one not hidden by a belly fold.

Riddy
06-17-2013, 11:29 PM
Sorry, ReillyJ, just saw your question.

This is my everyday favorite - stocked up on ebay for less when i decided i loved it.
www.qvc.com/Kathleen-Kirkwood-Sonic-Slimmers-Down-for-Good-Cami-Search-Results.product.A222999.html?sc=A222999-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-A222999&catentryImage=http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/a/99/a222999.001?$uslarge$

I also have a Spanx hosiery tank and a fabric cami for super shaping, plus a couple tanks from Teez-her that are cotton on the outside. It's cold enough at my work that I'm still wearing the Kathleen Kirkwood camis now.

WannaB2cute
10-16-2014, 04:27 PM
B

izzyboomama
11-13-2014, 05:39 PM
I've got the "B" belly and it only shrank for me when I got down to about 160 pounds. It was still there but much smaller. Looks like I will have to hit goal or go under goal to get rid of it.

FatAbbi
11-30-2014, 11:09 PM
Yep, have the B. Contemplating a tummy tuck because of the B