Ideal Protein Diet - Those pesky last 10 pounds

View Full Version : Those pesky last 10 pounds

sonyainva
12-13-2012, 04:55 PM
I had my 11 Week weigh in yesterday, lost another 3 pounds. I am 12 pounds from goal, but coach thinks less, I still have a VERY big tummy compared to the rest of my body.

So coach thinks may be 5 to 7 pounds to go. She goes by fat percentage not by the scale.

So she has given me 28 days till Jan 9th, she is confident that I can get to my goal at that point.

I am going to be 100% OP, 28 days I can do anything.

Determination all the way!

Did the Firms Jiggle Free Arms this morning.

Starshine
12-13-2012, 06:02 PM
Congrats, Sonya on the great loss! Amazing! :carrot::carrot: Good luck with the last pounds. I hope your stomach area decides it's time to hit the road and go away. That's my biggest area too, as you know. Maybe they can both go on a long, forever-gone trip together. :)

sonyainva
12-13-2012, 06:13 PM
For me personally the stomach has to get flat so that when I do add pounds on the scale due to weight training I am not confused by the numbers.

Let's buy our tummies are a one way ticket to timbuktu

Starshine
12-13-2012, 09:55 PM
I agree, I want my stomach flat too. I so hope I can get it! And Timbuktu! I'll have to ask my stomach if she wants to go. :dizzy:

Best of luck getting to your goal, Sonya! :)

Fishette
12-13-2012, 10:02 PM
It's been so long since I exercised. I'm wondering if the remaining belly buldge isn't also because I can't do 5 sit-ups in a row. :(

sonyainva
12-14-2012, 05:25 AM
I have started doing Jillian michael's six week six pack dvd

Fishette our bodies respond well to change, if you start doing situps within a few weeks you will see a lot of positive changes

laurava99
12-14-2012, 10:33 AM
I hear ya...This is my first post. I've been on IP since July 26, and have lost over 55 lbs. My original goal was to lose 50, but ideally I would like 20 more. These last 15 lbs are killing me...I'm cheating so much now and I'm not sure if I need to take a break or just push through it...the holidays are so hard....it's good to know I am not alone in this final push. I have my weigh in today and I know it won't be pretty...

sonyainva
12-14-2012, 12:53 PM
I hear ya...This is my first post. I've been on IP since July 26, and have lost over 55 lbs. My original goal was to lose 50, but ideally I would like 20 more. These last 15 lbs are killing me...I'm cheating so much now and I'm not sure if I need to take a break or just push through it...the holidays are so hard....it's good to know I am not alone in this final push. I have my weigh in today and I know it won't be pretty...

Talk to your coach, device a plan, recommit and finish strong

Nolawhodatchick
12-14-2012, 01:02 PM
It's been so long since I exercised. I'm wondering if the remaining belly buldge isn't also because I can't do 5 sit-ups in a row. :(

Very well could be, IMO. I think a lot of what we think of as belly budge is often lack of core body support. I used to do postural analysis reguarly. Not to get too technical, but when you lose your core body muscle support, your hips rotate forward and your back sways, poking your belly way out and resulting in a "belly pooch", and it makes your belly look much bigger. Pilates and yoga are a great fix.

IPbeginnerNOLA
12-14-2012, 01:39 PM
I only have 16 lbs left to go for my goal and I feel that I still have so much fat left on my body. I'm worried that I might need to go lower.

I hate that they ask you what your goal is, because I don't know what my goal should be based on my height and body fat %age. I would rather have it where the coach comes up with a realistic and healthy goal. I don't want too low of a body fat percentage, but we shall see.

scorbett1103
12-14-2012, 01:54 PM
I only have 16 lbs left to go for my goal and I feel that I still have so much fat left on my body. I'm worried that I might need to go lower.

I hate that they ask you what your goal is, because I don't know what my goal should be based on my height and body fat %age. I would rather have it where the coach comes up with a realistic and healthy goal. I don't want too low of a body fat percentage, but we shall see.

Don't forget that goals are just goals - not hard and fast numbers. Goals can be adjusted up or down as you go along :) I started with an approximate goal weight for the size I wanted to get down to, then adjusted down because I hit the size two months before I thought I would!

sonyainva
12-14-2012, 06:45 PM

Scorbett is right, you can always adjust your goal, also with your height 16 pounds will make a difference

Went to the store, asked to try a dress in size 10, loose, so tried 8, then on to a 6, it was good but since I have a few more pounds to go asked for a 4, they did not have it, but the mannequin was wearing a 2, tried it, it didn't zip near the boobs, but bought it anyways, it's a knockout and will give me the push I need

sonyainva
12-16-2012, 06:49 AM
Day 4 of 28 being 100% op.

I have had fibrocystic breasts for a while, I noticed that I used to have a nasty knot on my left breast, walnut sized one, I cannot find it. Doing the happy dance.

My Tom is late and breasts are hurting so doing a castor oil pack, hoping whatever knots are still there will dissolve

Fishette
12-16-2012, 07:49 AM
It's now the last 4 pounds for me. I'm pretty confident in my goal weight because I weighed this 6 years ago and felt very good. However, I noticed I'm a bit larger now in the waist than I was 6 years ago. On Tuesday I'm going to the fitness center where I work and get a fitness assessment and some advice on exercise. Before damaging so many joints over the years, I got my exercise from sports like racketball. I have never really gotten excited about just-put-the-time-in kinds of exercise.

Like someone said in another thread, I should not let my inner child decide my exercise.

sonyainva
12-16-2012, 08:38 AM
It's now the last 4 pounds for me. I'm pretty confident in my goal weight because I weighed this 6 years ago and felt very good. However, I noticed I'm a bit larger now in the waist than I was 6 years ago. On Tuesday I'm going to the fitness center where I work and get a fitness assessment and some advice on exercise. Before damaging so many joints over the years, I got my exercise from sports like racketball. I have never really gotten excited about just-put-the-time-in kinds of exercise.

Like someone said in another thread, I should not let my inner child decide my exercise.

5'5 love your height and weight combo.:)

Yes my middle is big too, but mine has always been big. I am grateful that it is much smaller than when I weighed 160.

For me Jillian michaels six week six pack DVD seems to be helping

sonyainva
12-17-2012, 08:20 AM
Day 5 of 28, I have been asked by my coach to add an extra packet because I am up at 5am most days and go to bed around 10:00pm.

But instead of a packet I have been eating meat.

I think I need to eat packets. Constantly tweaking.

22 days till judgement day for me, which is January 9th.

I had taken pictures december 9th and my love handles are already looking better.

so much of this is a mental game

sonyainva
12-18-2012, 08:48 AM
Yesterday I did have an extra packet instead of meat, saved me some calories.

Weight is not down this week, had dim sum and soy sauce on sunday, soy sauce always has me retain water.

May need to do eggs instead of chicken for a few days to see downward movement on the scale.

Day 6 of 28. It helps to come to 3fc and also that I have an end in sight.

Starshine
12-18-2012, 10:22 AM
I love how you're working through this, Sonya. I've started drinking extra water when I have soy sauce or something that has extra salt in it. Found that advice here on 3Chicks. :)

sonyainva
12-19-2012, 07:43 AM
Thank you starshine, I have to constantly remind myself how grateful I am to ip. How far I have come in 13 weeks, feels like every one around me is waiting for me to gain it back.

12/11/12 hit 128.4
Today finally 128.0 with Tom starting

Day 7 of 28 and moving along

Starshine
12-19-2012, 08:42 AM
Thank you starshine, I have to constantly remind myself how grateful I am to ip. How far I have come in 13 weeks, feels like every one around me is waiting for me to gain it back.

12/11/12 hit 128.4
Today finally 128.0 with Tom starting

Day 7 of 28 and moving along

Congrats on the 128! Sonya! Especially with TOM. Scorbett mentioned drinking tons of water to flush out the water retention when she had TOM, she has a great loss that week. I tried it last week, and I had my best TOM loss ever.

How frustrating that everyone is just waiting for you to gain the weight back! You have done so well on this diet, and you are working your food and exercises to continue on. Show those people that you can do this!

I know I'm scared of maintaining, but I figure if I just work it the way I've done Phase 1, I should be okay (and if not, I'll catch myself and do Phase 1 again). It's about what works for me. I never want to gain that weight back and be that person again.

Keep it up, Sonya! You're doing great! :)

scorbett1103
12-19-2012, 08:58 AM
Awesome job Sonya!!!

Starshine - it's really amazing how well our bodies respond when they are well hydrated! Sometimes I get lazy with the water and it definitely shows.

benice
12-19-2012, 10:16 AM
Awesome job Sonya!!!

Starshine - it's really amazing how well our bodies respond when they are well hydrated! Sometimes I get lazy with the water and it definitely shows.

Yep. Me too. Water can be hard (esp on the weekends when I'm out and about). But it makes such a difference. Thanks for the reminder.

Starshine
12-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Awesome job Sonya!!!

Yep. Me too. Water can be hard (esp on the weekends when I'm out and about). But it makes such a difference. Thanks for the reminder.

This really means a lot to me. I'm going to try to up my water some more too. I know that I've been drinking like 18+ glasses a day lately, and my weight has been coming off faster too. I'll keep it up. thanks, Scorbett and benice!

sonyainva
12-20-2012, 03:46 AM
Great job on the hydration tip. Keep it up ladies.

Scorbett yoga will work wonders as you are already finding out.

Today is day 8, less than 3 weeks for judgement day.

benice
12-20-2012, 09:52 AM
This really means a lot to me. I'm going to try to up my water some more too. I know that I've been drinking like 18+ glasses a day lately, and my weight has been coming off faster too. I'll keep it up. thanks, Scorbett and benice!

18 cups seems like quite a bit! (I feel like I'm going to float away at over 70 oz! ;)). Be careful of over hydration, too. Good luck!!

sonyainva
12-22-2012, 06:58 AM
18 cups is a lot of water. Do what feels right for your body.

Day 10 of 28 today.
Yesterday I was not so good, had some cashews.

But on a positive note was full all day, as opposed to being hungry.

Learning to deal with compliments. In the past compliments meant I had been licensed to eat three servings of all the desserts at the party. Now I am learning. Watching how the skinny people only eat slivers of dessert.

I am afraid I will be at my goal for only that one time and then **** will break loose. So being very mindful.

Did a 20 min body for life run this morning.

I see beautiful changes in my love handles, learning to be grateful. Like fishette says I am going for fabulous not just good enough.

Thank you for all the support

Fishette
12-22-2012, 08:37 AM
2 pesky pounds left. Then I'll let exercise smooth out anything left. My Texas grand kids arrive tomorrow. I was hoping to be done before they arrived, but not so. Now I'm working on being done by New Years Day. As someone else said, my resolution will be about maintaining and exercising. IP will be my last diet.

I've got a trainer to show me the ropes on the equipment at our gym at work, plus I'm looking at a Zumba class, spin class (if the music isn't too loud) and swimming, each once a week. Um, I get bored easily, can you tell?

Do you think a 55 yo doing Zumba would look foolish and mess up the dance-team vive that people love so much?

scorbett1103
12-22-2012, 09:13 AM
2 pesky pounds left. Then I'll let exercise smooth out anything left. My Texas grand kids arrive tomorrow. I was hoping to be done before they arrived, but not so. Now I'm working on being done by New Years Day. As someone else said, my resolution will be about maintaining and exercising. IP will be my last diet.

I've got a trainer to show me the ropes on the equipment at our gym at work, plus I'm looking at a Zumba class, spin class (if the music isn't too loud) and swimming, each once a week. Um, I get bored easily, can you tell?

Do you think a 55 yo doing Zumba would look foolish and mess up the dance-team vive that people love so much?

LOL no way - the Zumba class my friend teaches has a few women in their late 60's, they all have a great time :) I am SO looking forward to really getting into exercise. I got a 3 month membership to the Y for the beginning of the year, the kids will be taking swim classes and I will probably just walk the treadmill till I hit Phase 3, but then I see Body Pump classes, Zumba, Indoor Cycling Club, and Yoga in my future!! Nevermind actually hitting the equipment :)

Fishette
12-22-2012, 09:41 AM
Good to know about the 60 yos having fun. Think I will give it a try. A nice thing about the spin class is no one can see what resistance setting you set your bike to, so everyone is at their own pace and you don't get caught up in the peer pressure. Well, I guess there is some pressure to keep moving and not stop early. That's just the type of peer pressure I need. I always liked swimming because you can only think about stopping early at the end of each lap. If you have the willpower to start another lap, then you are pretty much forced to finish it before you can get out if the pool. :o

sonyainva
12-22-2012, 10:32 AM

Congrats on the two pounds. Enjoy the grand kids. 55 year old doing Zumba no problem, age is only an issue if you let it be. I assumed you were 30 something, since I saw bikini and Tahiti 2008.

I am 43 and don't care, really looking forward to wearing my first bikini ever.
I shall be looking at you as my role model.

Scorbett you are rocking ip.

Fishette
12-22-2012, 11:16 AM
LOL - no bikini's for me! A tankini with a skirt is much more my speed!

On a side note, I always get a kick out of all the skinny bikini people after a full week in an all inclusive. Even they get the tummy bulge from so much food in a short period of time. But with a bikini there is no place to hide. :)

Last year I got in the surf and did some calisthenics, and wow I had no idea exercising against the current would be such a workout.

BTW, Tahiti is all it is said to be and so much more - I recommend everyone add it to their bucket list!

sonyainva
12-26-2012, 08:52 AM
Since Sunday night I had a hard time staying op, the difference was that this time I was hosting, started eating bits here and there.

Went shopping on Sunday and realized I have come a long way and I got this weight issue under control. I had to start believing in myself And have confidence in me.
Fit into a gorgeous dress, size 4.
Doing some online bikini shopping this morning.

Fishette I am so prone to a pregnant belly on vacations, I am going to be super diligent in march on my trip to costa rica.

Never been to Tahiti will put it on my list

Yesterday I was off program from lunch.

I am happy to say I am back on today.

Did my 20 minute run this am, body for life.

Ate my vitamins and things are where they need to be.

Today is weigh in day and will go see my coach

sweetsloan
12-26-2012, 06:48 PM
My body has changed a lot since I started exercising. I have 14 to go!

sonyainva
12-27-2012, 06:04 AM
My body has changed a lot since I started exercising. I have 14 to go!

Congrats on the last few. Exercise does make a huge difference

Did six week six pack and now headed to work

sonyainva
12-28-2012, 02:37 AM
On Christmas day I went off plan. The next day I had a bit off a headache. I was back op. the second day I had a migraine sized headache. Had to take 3 extra strength excedrin's.

Leads me to believe my body just doesn't do well with sugar.

Normally I am not big into shopping, doing more of that these days, keeps me from thinking about food and motivating to see how far I have come. Good burn as well.

Starshine
12-28-2012, 05:27 AM
Congrats on getting back on plan, Sonya! I know I'll run into the sugar temptation at some point, and I'm hoping I get a lesson that my body really understands and takes to heart.

sonyainva
12-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Headache led to no sleep, so no workout. Mucking around with weights a little.

Finding out more about squats on you tube.

Last two days I had a few cashews so not 100% op. today I had eggplant from outside so probably too much fat in it.

Need to get better.

I do admire all of you who are 100% op.

Ab area is looking better. Have ordered 2 new bikinis and a tankini

Starshine
12-28-2012, 05:46 PM
Headache led to no sleep, so no workout. Mucking around with weights a little.

Finding out more about squats on you tube.

Last two days I had a few cashews so not 100% op. today I had eggplant from outside so probably too much fat in it.

Need to get better.

I do admire all of you who are 100% op.

Ab area is looking better. Have ordered 2 new bikinis and a tankini

Hope you feel better, Sonya! Glad your abs are looking better and how fun with the new bikinis/tankini! You'll rock them! ;)

sonyainva
01-02-2013, 12:07 PM
Have my official weigh in, in a few hours. By my scale i am up 2 pounds from 2 week ago, I weighed 128 two weeks ago, today i weighed in at 130.

I am learning to make peace with my progress. I am wearing loose size 2 pants.

Most of my weight is in my abs and boobs. Abs are getting better every day. I noticed any dairy gets me bloated.

I started bikram/hot yoga, got a six month membership. Hot yoga helps with the abs, that's the first place I get toned when I practice routinely.

Lot of this is mental, I keep reminding myself how grateful I am to come down from size 14's. On new years eve, I noticed I was able to dance better with less of me.

Hoping fat % goes down at the weigh in

sonyainva
01-09-2013, 04:58 AM
Bootcamp Day 2
Finally got the scale to budge, down to 127.8

Had not seen any movement since December 19th. Hoping to see great results. Quite excited.

Had 5 packets and 4 cups veggies.

Going to try for Day 2.

Wearing size 0 pants for the first time, usually i would wait till they would be a bit loser, but going to see my coach today and want her to see progress.

Got a few of the swimsuits, the tankini looks great, all the bikini tops were overflowing so had to get larger sizes.

sonyainva
01-10-2013, 09:35 AM
after 2 days of bootcamp down to 127.

doing 6 ip packets, because i have long days

tried the chicken noodle soup after few weeks, liked it, trick was not to over heat it.

Nolawhodatchick
01-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Congrats, Sonya!

I wanted to share this picture, especially for those of us who are seeing slower weekly losses as we get nearer to goal...

GraceAlone
01-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Can anyone give me advice for getting rid of these last 10-15 pounds? It is driving me crazy!!! :) I exercise most days a week: running, elliptical, weights, bike. I've started reducing what I eat because just "eyeballing" my portions isn't working. Any advice is welcomed!

sonyainva
01-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Congrats, Sonya!

I wanted to share this picture, especially for those of us who are seeing slower weekly losses as we get nearer to goal...

Nola, very timely. needed that. thank you.

Can anyone give me advice for getting rid of these last 10-15 pounds? It is driving me crazy!!! :) I exercise most days a week: running, elliptical, weights, bike. I've started reducing what I eat because just "eyeballing" my portions isn't working. Any advice is welcomed!

I am doing an IP boot camp, where instead of the 8ozs of meat I am eating 2 extra IP packets. Day 1 I weighed in at 129.6, d 127.6, 127.

Will keep you posted on progress.

sonyainva
01-11-2013, 05:49 AM
Day 4 of boot camp down to 126.2, I normally take a lot more salt in my meat. Guessing some of this is water weight.
I have been having one restricted a day, they have asked me to cut that out, I am going to try today, may have an omelet instead of cheese curls

No issues to report

The p4 talk by an ip rep at the clinic was awesome

Feel so much better about p4

Starshine
01-11-2013, 09:53 AM
Day 4 of boot camp down to 126.2, I normally take a lot more salt in my meat. Guessing some of this is water weight.
I have been having one restricted a day, they have asked me to cut that out, I am going to try today, may have an omelet instead of cheese curls

No issues to report

The p4 talk by an ip rep at the clinic was awesome

Feel so much better about p4

Congrats, Sonya!! That's great that the scale is moving for you.

Any chance you could post a summary of what you learned bout P4 from the clinic? I'd love to hear the information. Thanks!

sonyainva
01-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Congrats, Sonya!! That's great that the scale is moving for you.

Any chance you could post a summary of what you learned bout P4 from the clinic? I'd love to hear the information. Thanks!

will post more from home

here's the basic

3 meals a day

breakfast you can mix carbs, fats and proteins. and have a fruit and coffee/tea

lunch they prefer we do proteins and fats with veggies

dinner complex carbs and veggies

he said you can switch lunch and dinner, but better to have complex carbs at night so that we are not so hungry upon rising

only have one cheat day, reasonable, not 6 gallons of icecream

instead of having a scoop of icecream every day, better to have a big bowl of icecream on your cheat day

cheat/fun day must be followed by p1, to remove the excess insulin from the body

Starshine
01-11-2013, 10:32 AM
will post more from home

here's the basic

Thank you, Sonya!!

sonyainva
01-12-2013, 06:48 AM
Day 5 of boot camp protocol, yesterday had no restricted, had a three egg omelet instead of one packet.

Tummy is melting away, a lot has to do with reduced salt.

Weight is at 125.8

I am guessing boobs will go only after tummy goes.

Is this hard to do? No especially since the results are worth it

Starshine
01-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Congrats, Sonya! So glad the tummy is disappearing! :) Way to go!

sonyainva
01-12-2013, 12:31 PM
thank you starshine

here is a recap of some more material i got from the p4 seminar

a few minor slip ups are ok, but too many fun days, followed by p1 and now you are kinda having an eating disorder.

He said if you gain less than 4 pounds, you dont do all four phases. but anything more you do all 4 phases. please dont add the 4 pounds you are going to add as soon as you go into p4 due to the excess glycogen to the equation.

I think the big thing I heard was PORTION control. I had mistakenly thought if I ate the right combinations I can eat large quantities of food, like I did before. Guess that is going to be my challenge.

he also said hot vegetables are soothing to our nerves.

sonyainva
01-12-2013, 12:35 PM
recap for meals

breakfast- can have fat, carbs, proteins all together and a piece of fruit.

limit fruits high in sugar like watermelon, pineapple and mangoes. i swear 20 of my 43 pounds were from damn mangoes.

lunch - protein and fat

late afternoon snack - a fruit or protein packet or bar

dinner - complex carbs and fat(fat no more than 1 teaspoon of oil)

Chloe222
01-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Day 5 of boot camp protocol, yesterday had no restricted, had a three egg omelet instead of one packet.

Tummy is melting away, a lot has to do with reduced salt.

Weight is at 125.8

I am guessing boobs will go only after tummy goes.

Is this hard to do? No especially since the results are worth it
Sonya,
Would you summarize the final boot camp that you found so successful? Thanks! BTW, it has been interesting reading through this thread.

sonyainva
01-12-2013, 04:39 PM
Doing 5 ip packets. 6 if I stay up from 5 am to 11pm

Two days I substituted a two egg omelet for an ip packet. Just needed something to EAT.

4 cups of veggies with evoo

Please not that if your salt intake had been reduced at the start of p1 I am guessing you will not see such big numbers

Hope this hels you

sonyainva
01-13-2013, 10:51 AM
Day 6 and Day 1

Day 6 of bootcamp, and Day 1 of TOM, it was supposed to be on Wednesday, been every 28 days on the dot since i started ip, will be interesting

yesterday i had 3 ip and 1 restricted.

two egg omelet

had a party had two spoons of lentil soup, lick of guacamole.

and a coffee(ip protocol)

salt intake was higher, weight up to 127, from 125.8 the night before, not uncommon with just the period.

glad i listened to my body, i really felt like i needed my curls. learning to make choices and living with those choices. it is a journey.

if this is how my bloated tummy looks bring it on!!

sonyainva
01-13-2013, 03:41 PM
I ended my boot camp this afternoon. Had not had a real meal in a while,with Tom here I think it was time.

Will try to restart once Tom leaves.

Not off ip, just had chicken and eggplant

sonyainva
01-15-2013, 08:17 AM
Period - gone in 2 days, normal
January 7 I weighed in at 129.2
restarted IP bootcamp day 1 yesterday (6 overall)
Today I weighed in at 125.2, January 15th.
Plan is to do another bootcamp day.
Still looks like I have 10 pounds before I can rock a bikini, have 6 weeks to Costa Rica and want to do some sort of phase off.

At the p4 seminar that was stressed, people kept off the weight when they phased off properly.

No short cuts. More at peace with the whole process.

Hope this helps someone going thru similar struggles.
Had a huge leg cramp in the middle of the night last night, will be doing extra potassium that I sometimes forget, though I did take it yesterday.

sonyainva
01-19-2013, 05:30 AM
Ok this morning I am at 124.4. Super excited.

Loosing about .4 pounds everyday
Still doing boot camp. Yesterday had a 3 egg omelet instead of a packet

Not able to workout

Dropped two cup sizes in last six weeks, went from 32 ff on December 1 to 32 e yesterday

Still have tummy and boobs to lose

Getting extremely motivated with losses

When I went to try on the bra, was still shocked at the flab remaining.

Very grateful for the losses and the cup reduction