General Diet Plans and Questions - Eat To Live

View Full Version : Eat To Live

sluggo44
12-13-2012, 11:24 AM
I got my book a couple of days ago and have been reading and it really sounds alot like the first phase of the Fat Smash diet. Has anyone done the 6 week ETL diet:dizzy:

valentine21463
12-13-2012, 01:34 PM
I don't know anything about the fat smash diet but I just started doing ETL about 3 weeks ago. I had to recommit yesterday because life happened and I didn't stick to it. But I have to say that even tho I didn't stick with it completely I did manage to get in more veggies. The first week I lost 7 lbs (with a cheat). During that first week I felt like total garbage due to detox. The 2nd week I felt AMAZING!! Like I never have before. I'm not very creative in the kitchen so it's tough sometimes but I'm learning as I go. I always wanted to go vegetarian but just didn't have the know how. I'm learning a lot now with the info from the book and online resources. A website that has helped me tremedously with recipes is the "fat free vegan", you can google it.
It's a very restrictive diet and it's not easy in the beginning but I think it's like any other diet, it get's easier as you go along.

sluggo44
12-13-2012, 05:20 PM
valentine21463, I couldn't find this in the book so I'm guessing we can't have veggie burgers like boca burgers?

valentine21463
12-15-2012, 12:37 AM
valentine21463, I couldn't find this in the book so I'm guessing we can't have veggie burgers like boca burgers?

I don't eat veggie burgers so I'm not a real expert but I think it would depend on the ingredients. I think some are made from whole grains like oats, barley, brown rice millet, quinoa, etc. If so I would catagorize it with #20-Whole grains on pg. 156. But then again if it's considered a processed type food it could be catagorized with #6-Refined grain products.

For me, I would play it safe and just make my own. If I'm not mistaken I think there's a bean burger recipe in the book.

Hope this helps.

Dagmar
12-16-2012, 04:06 PM
Can you give a synopsis of this diet?

valentine21463
12-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Can you give a synopsis of this diet?

Here's a run down on the Eat to Live diet. http://www.everydiet.org/diet/eat-to-live