Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Thread Thursday 12/13/2012

lisa32989
12-13-2012, 05:28 AM
:welcome3:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

rainbowsmiles
12-13-2012, 06:27 AM
:wave:good morning good morning GOOD MORNING!!
hope everyone has a BEAUTIFUL IP DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Halfagain
12-13-2012, 07:50 AM
GOOD MORNING RAINBOW!

Nolawhodatchick
12-13-2012, 08:12 AM
Good morning all! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

maezy1
12-13-2012, 08:21 AM
Woke up to a great morning! 31 degrees in south Louisiana....and my son comes home from college tomorrow morning!!!! YEA!!!!!
The holidays officially begin when my son comes home and my little family is together!

Question for yall.....
I'm stalling just a little with weight loss and even saw a gain. I have been tracking my calories on myfitnesspal and the past 3 days I have eaten no more than 765 calories. Is this too low? And if so how would I add more calories? I am 100% IP -
breakfast coffee with 2 oz ff milk, tea
1 egg white "fried" with panola, IP pudding mid morning
Lunch leek soup, yellow squash, broccoli, lettuce w/ WF dressing w/ 1t evo
snack pure protein bar 210 calories
dinner 60z chicken, 1 serving red peppers, 1 serving broc, lettuce w/ WF dressing + 1t evo
piece of gum - orbit

rainbowsmiles
12-13-2012, 08:29 AM
:hug: :wave: good morning to you barb!!

lisa...i found a winter coat on ebay...hope it gets here in time!!!!!!!!!!!

ragdoll74
12-13-2012, 08:32 AM
Halfagain- WOW your new comparison pics are great.
:carrot:

Good morning all!

rainbowsmiles
12-13-2012, 08:47 AM
Woke up to a great morning! 31 degrees in south Louisiana....and my son comes home from college tomorrow morning!!!! YEA!!!!!
The holidays officially begin when my son comes home and my little family is together!

Question for yall.....
I'm stalling just a little with weight loss and even saw a gain. I have been tracking my calories on myfitnesspal and the past 3 days I have eaten no more than 765 calories. Is this too low? And if so how would I add more calories? I am 100% IP -
dinner 60z chicken, 1 serving red peppers, 1 serving broc, lettuce w/ WF dressing + 1t evo
piece of gum - orbit

just me personally...i think its too low, i'd add in a 4th packet PLUS make it a whole egg in the morning, since you are not getting your 8 oz of meat at night. plus add another tsp oil. when i have stalled in the past, i have take someone elses advice, i think it was dana, and added the fat, and had a great loss that week. just my opinion.

sonyainva
12-13-2012, 08:50 AM
My coach has asked me to follow the plan till January 9th, she is sure I will reach goal. Gives me a definite date to work towards. Gives me the necessary push to strive harder to get to goal.

I am a very positive person, realize it may not happen, but I like goal setting.

I like that for the next few weeks I will eat 100% op and reenergized.

So excited

ShanCo
12-13-2012, 08:54 AM
Good morning! I made it through my first day (again) yesterday and feeling surprisingly great! I was worried since I had been soooooo far off program for 5 months that I was going to be starving until I hit ketosis, just had a moment between lunch and dinner but a dill pickle spear held me over! So excited to do this once and for all! :)

jenshoopie
12-13-2012, 08:58 AM
Good Morning all!
Day 2 and feeling excited after reading many posts. I don't think I will get much done around the house today.... I will probably spend mosy of my day reading things on this forum. Thanks to evryone who takes the time to post! :)

sonyainva
12-13-2012, 09:11 AM
I have been craving cashews, but I can certainly wait a month to have them

maezy1
12-13-2012, 10:08 AM
THANKS RAINBOW! I will try that and see if I can shake things up a little. The voice of wisdom and experience has spoken!!!! hahaha

scorbett1103
12-13-2012, 10:10 AM

Question for yall.....
piece of gum - orbit

Your calorie count is exactly right (600-900 per day).

You have to remember that you are injured right now. Which means your body is inflamed. Which means you are going to retain some water. You just have to let go of the scale till after you recover from surgery...you are following the program perfectly, keep it up and the payoff will come on the other side of your surgery.

Beanie Mommy
12-13-2012, 10:22 AM
Good Morning IP folks!

I just restarted IP mainly with alternatives and feeling pretty good on day4 :)

I was 100% OP for about 5 months last year and lost 90lbs. Then I got lazy/careless feeling too happy in a size 12 for a while and after Thanksgiving I found myself scrounging around my closet for size 14 pants, ugh! I decided to get back on IP for December to avoid the Christmas gain that was going to be inevitable the way I was going. Now I am striving for as good as possible until the new year and back to 100% OP in 2013 as a new year's resolution to be at goal around May.

I'm impressed by everyone's dedication, and I want to be part again of this wonderful group.

Stay strong through the Christmas parties, dinners, etc. we're worth it!!!

losingit2013
12-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Good morning everyone.

I am new here and have been on IP for 4 weeks this Saturday. I had a totally awesome 1st week. Lost 9 lbs. Then I got off track...friends came to town up expected and went out for supper and drinks, then Christmas parties, and then well I just haven't seemed to be able to get focused again. I know that I haven't lost anything from my orginal 9 lbs and it is frustrating me. Was hoping that I'd be down 15 lb on my 4th week.

I joined the 30 By Valentines Day challenge yesterday hoping that will get me focused. Also thinking of switching my coaches, go to a different IP Clinic. Not getting any support where I am right now.

So enough of my pity parade of self inflicted not losing drama, I have a question. Our family is going to Punta Cana on Dec 28th - do I try and follow plan while there as in take packets with me or should I try and eat low carbish and get back on track when I get home? Not sure how hard it will be to stay on track while there?

Any thoughts anyone?

ragdoll74
12-13-2012, 10:51 AM
Good morning everyone.

I am new here and have been on IP for 4 weeks this Saturday. I had a totally awesome 1st week. Lost 9 lbs. Then I got off track...friends came to town up expected and went out for supper and drinks, then Christmas parties, and then well I just haven't seemed to be able to get focused again. I know that I haven't lost anything from my orginal 9 lbs and it is frustrating me. Was hoping that I'd be down 15 lb on my 4th week.

I joined the 30 By Valentines Day challenge yesterday hoping that will get me focused. Also thinking of switching my coaches, go to a different IP Clinic. Not getting any support where I am right now.

So enough of my pity parade of self inflicted not losing drama, I have a question. Our family is going to Punta Cana on Dec 28th - do I try and follow plan while there as in take packets with me or should I try and eat low carbish and get back on track when I get home? Not sure how hard it will be to stay on track while there?

Any thoughts anyone?

With IP, cheating is a gamble. More often than not, when people cheat they have posts almost identicle to yours. Some people don't have an issue and get back to 100% OP with no problems. The issue is, there is no way to tell how your mind will behave until after the cheat.

You need to figure out the best way to approach that vacation. Lots of people travel on phase 1 and stay 100% OP. It's never easy, there will always be temptaion.

Do you think you will be able to stay OP? If not, maybe you just phase off properly, try to eat phase 4 and start phase 1 again when you come back.

ready4thin
12-13-2012, 11:45 AM
Good morning everyone.

Any thoughts anyone?

First of all congratulations on the 9lb loss, I know you will get back on track, it is all a matter of time, it will happen. Try your best not to think about it too much. You made the original decision to join IP, so you will make the decision to be 100% OP again. Maybe it just wasn't the right time for you and you need to get through the holidays and your vacation to make the dedication to the program. I know that when I signed up for the program I was heading on a vacation 2 weeks later, so I decided to hold off until after my vacation to start. You have to make the decision based on what you think you can mentally handle when you are away. I know that I couldn't pass on those tropical drinks and all inclusive desserts...lol! You don't want to go away with your family and feel like you are missing out because they are eating and drinking and you cant partake in it. If you decide not to stay OP while away, just make wise decisions and know that when you come home you are 100% dedicated to the program. You wouldn't want to cart the food down there with you and then cheat while you are away and feel guilty about it. If you go with the mindset that you will do your best to eat sensibily and get back on track when you return there will be less guilt then if you go away thinking you are going to stay OP and then cheat. These are just my thoughts, you have to do what works for your lifestyle.
I wish you the best of luck, whatever decision you make will be the right decision for you. Have a great vacation!!!!

lisa32989
12-13-2012, 12:12 PM
WI today.
:spin::spin::spin:Down 4.4 lbs & 1.5"!!
BMI from 35.8 to 35.1 :spin::spin::spin:
Just hovering at 50 lbs (.6 away) :dizzy::dizzy:
My mini-goal (half-way point) is DEFINITELY in my sites! :flow1:

I really never thought I'd have a "bigger" week this far into the plan. This is proof we don't need to "tweak" the plan. Just follow the sheet, be patient, and let your body work. Sometimes it needs to "catch up" (smaller or no loss) and sometimes it is ready to dump some weight AND inches!

Pants I JUST BOUGHT and wore ONCE are baggy. I'm starting to believe the other girls this has happened to. I thought it would be after I was closer to goal. I've learned my lesson. No more buying clothes that fit. Buy 'em a bit snug b/c they won't be that way for long!

Next time I throw a hissy fit b/c I'm being impatient, somebody remind me how I felt on 12/13/12!!!

Kay2012
12-13-2012, 12:23 PM
My day started at 4am finding my son unresponsive laying face down in bed. A trip to the ER yesterday and this morning makes for a stressful today's. he had a seizure in the ER. We have been transported by ambulance to a children's hospital. Now the waiting begins. I don't know how I will stay on plan bcause I ran out this morning without grabbing any shakes. Today was to be WI day. I just do the best I can that's all I can do.

Nolawhodatchick
12-13-2012, 12:24 PM
WI today.

I really never thought I'd have a "bigger" week this far into the plan. This is proof we don't need to "tweak" the plan. Just follow the sheet, be patient, and let your body work. Sometimes it needs to "catch up" (smaller or no loss) and sometimes it is ready to dump some weight AND inches!

Pants I JUST BOUGHT and wore ONCE are baggy. I'm starting to believe the other girls this has happened to. I thought it would be after I was closer to goal. I've learned my lesson. No more buying clothes that fit. Buy 'em a bit snug b/c they won't be that way for long!

Next time I throw a hissy fit b/c I'm being impatient, somebody remind me how I felt on 12/13/12!!!

LISA!!!

This is soooo awesome!!! Not a 1 or 2 lb loss, but 4.4!!!!! Congrats on the WI, inches lost, and even the baggy pants!! Tho I know that's a bit frustrating as it happened to me, too! From here out, I'm gonna buy super snug and keep and wear with a belt until they look so ridiculous my family and friends tell me to stop!!

Nolawhodatchick
12-13-2012, 12:26 PM
My day started at 4am finding my son unresponsive laying face down in bed. A trip to the ER yesterday and this morning makes for a stressful today's. he had a seizure in the ER. We have been transported by ambulance to a children's hospital. Now the waiting begins. I don't know how I will stay on plan bcause I ran out this morning without grabbing any shakes. Today was to be WI day. I just do the best I can that's all I can do.

God bless your son and you. I'm sending prayers for you both. I hope all is ok. Don't worry about IP right now, clearly your priorities are elsewhere.

Beanie Mommy
12-13-2012, 12:28 PM

I am so sorry to hear you're going through this. Do the best you can and stay strong for your son. Lots of loving thoughts and prayers for you and your son from another IP Mommy.

Lynnie63
12-13-2012, 12:35 PM
First of all congratulations on the 9lb loss, I know you will get back on track, it is all a matter of time, it will happen. Try your best not to think about it too much. You made the original decision to join IP, so you will make the decision to be 100% OP again. Maybe it just wasn't the right time for you and you need to get through the holidays and your vacation to make the dedication to the program. I know that when I signed up for the program I was heading on a vacation 2 weeks later, so I decided to hold off until after my vacation to start. You have to make the decision based on what you think you can mentally handle when you are away. I know that I couldn't pass on those tropical drinks and all inclusive desserts...lol! You don't want to go away with your family and feel like you are missing out because they are eating and drinking and you cant partake in it. If you decide not to stay OP while away, just make wise decisions and know that when you come home you are 100% dedicated to the program. You wouldn't want to cart the food down there with you and then cheat while you are away and feel guilty about it. If you go with the mindset that you will do your best to eat sensibily and get back on track when you return there will be less guilt then if you go away thinking you are going to stay OP and then cheat. These are just my thoughts, you have to do what works for your lifestyle.
I wish you the best of luck, whatever decision you make will be the right decision for you. Have a great vacation!!!!

This is how I'm planning to do it on our birthday celebration cruise in February. Two weeks before I'll go to phase 3 and then on the cruise I will try to eat as healthy as possible. I'm planning on bringing some bars so if we're out and about I can have somthing on the plan. (I think someone said Nashua Nutrition had non-restricted bars, need to check that out).. Once we get back I will go right back to phase 1 and loose the rest of the weight. I'm not giving myself a free pass to eat all sorts of junk, I've worked too hard to get the weight off, but I also want to enjoy myself -you only turn 50 once!

So - I have big news - I am no longer obese, I'm just plain old overweight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I started at Obese Type III. I've been getting comments from people who are surprised I want to loose more. (I do look good I must admit:)). Right now I'm in a 16 jeans, the ones I had on yesterday were a size 14, I'd like to get to size 10, but we'll see what I look like.

Also, I was talking to my massage therapist who is a yoga instructor and she said that there's a gentle class that would be good for me. I think I'll check that out. She said it's lengthening, stretching, etc.

Sorry I haven't been around lately.

Lynnie63
12-13-2012, 12:38 PM

Kay,

I hope everything is ok with your son.

Lynn

jmuroff1
12-13-2012, 12:40 PM
so i am 24 pounds away from my goal...does that mean im going to be losing slower and possibly gaining due to muscle? on friday i weighed 164.4 and this morning i was 166,6

rainbowsmiles
12-13-2012, 12:54 PM
WI today.

:bravo: way to go lisa on a wonderful weigh in!! yeah!!!! :woohoo:

oh Kay, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. it is a scary time for sure. just focus on your son and yourself...ip will be here waiting on you for you when you return. stay strong....and make sure you get plenty of good water to drink.

my oldest son had 3 seizures when her was very young...under 5 and ever single test came back inconclusive. its a very scary thing to watch your childs eyes roll back into their head and their tongue hanging out and them getting lock jaw. i remember that 911 call like it was yesterday and it was over 22 years ago!! he went on to be healthy as can be and is a medical trauma unit RN now, married with 2 boys of his own!
keep the faith.

This is how I'm planning to do it on our birthday celebration cruise in February. Two weeks before I'll go to phase 3 and then on the cruise I will try to eat as healthy as possible. I'm planning on bringing some bars so if we're out and about I can have somthing on the plan. (I think someone said Nashua Nutrition had non-restricted bars, need to check that out).. Once we get back I will go right back to phase 1 and loose the rest of the weight. I'm not giving myself a free pass to eat all sorts of junk, I've worked too hard to get the weight off, but I also want to enjoy myself -you only turn 50 once!

So - I have big news - I am no longer obese, I'm just plain old overweight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I started at Obese Type III. I've been getting comments from people who are surprised I want to loose more. (I do look good I must admit:)). Right now I'm in a 16 jeans, the ones I had on yesterday were a size 14, I'd like to get to size 10, but we'll see what I look like.

lynnie....such good news about no longer being obese! i know you must feel over the moon happy about that!!

glad to see you back posting...we missed you! :)

jmuroff1
12-13-2012, 12:56 PM

my prayers go out to you and your son, right now focus on your son, IP should be the least of your worries right now...please keep us updated!!!:hug:

rofl306
12-13-2012, 01:10 PM

My prayers are with you and your son!

If you have the opportunity to grab 4oz of protein to sub for your IP product that could help you stay on plan but your sanity and your son's health come first.

WI today.

Congrats! You are doing so well!

Also, I was talking to my massage therapist who is a yoga instructor and she said that there's a gentle class that would be good for me. I think I'll check that out. She said it's lengthening, stretching, etc.

When I went on a cruise last winter, I found no end of good food to eat. The best cuts of meat and a good variety of veggies were available. My families goal was not to gain weight (I was not on IP at the time). We all did well! Some of our companions would go for pizza and burgers while we would go find a greek salad and meet them on the upper deck. The fancy restaurants even had little sample plates of all their desserts. We got one and took one bite each of them all. Our waitress reminded us we could each have our own because we didn't need to pay for it - we laughed and said if we all had our own we would definitely pay for it! She said "augh, a taste with no weigh gain" so she understood. Keep your good eating habits and have fun!

Have a GREAT day everyone!

ragdoll74
12-13-2012, 01:10 PM

Kay- keeping your son in my thoughts and prayers.

massconfusion84
12-13-2012, 01:14 PM

Girl I wouldnt even stress about what you eat today. Just focus on you and your son and theres always tomorrow. BTW I have epilepsy and know first hand how that is so if you ever wanna chat about that feel free to message me. Praying for you boy.

NinjaNurse
12-13-2012, 01:18 PM
WI today.

Congrats!! I bought clothes at the consignment shop near my clinic!! Very convenient.

NinjaNurse
12-13-2012, 01:20 PM

((((Hugs)))) Take are of your son 1st. You will be ok. Keep us posted!!

lisa32989
12-13-2012, 01:27 PM
My day started at 4am finding my son unresponsive laying face down in bed. A trip to the ER yesterday and this morning makes for a stressful today's. he had a seizure in the ER. We have been transported by ambulance to a children's hospital. Now the waiting begins. I don't know how I will stay on plan because I ran out this morning without grabbing any shakes. Today was to be WI day. I just do the best I can that's all I can do.
Oh Kay! Of course you ran out without IP food! Not the priority! But now while you are playing the waiting game, it has come to mind.

IF you can even choke anything down today, you know how to make IP-appropriate choices with food & drink water. Your appetite might be on the back burner as your survival mechanisms are on high-alert.

When people call and ask if there is anything they can bring (as they always do), have them stop at the store and get you some EAS carb control ready-made shakes. And if you don't have them, making sure all is well with your son is the utmost importance. After the docs tell you all is well, you will begin to relax & then people can bring you what you need.
Best wishes!:hug:

jmuroff1
12-13-2012, 01:43 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/393218_4194153131926_791907837_n.jpg

:) can't believe how far i have gotten!!

fam4me
12-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Just purchased the Rotini last night, but have no instructions on how to prepare....amount of water, length heating, etc....Can anyone help?

southern
12-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Just purchased the Rotini last night, but have no instructions on how to prepare....amount of water, length heating, etc....Can anyone help?

boil for 10 minutes, i never measure how much water. i can eyeball that

NinjaNurse
12-13-2012, 02:08 PM

You look fabulous!!

NinjaNurse
12-13-2012, 02:12 PM
What kind of diet lets you have fudge for breakfast and bread sticks for lunch??

I tried the fudge this morning. I wonder, can you roll it in unsweetened cocoa or something and make truffles?? IP friendly of course.

The bread sticks were tasty, more like a casserole consistency to me. I have made something similar with the leek soup and it tastes a lot like the Portuguese eggs I had growing up.

whytokay
12-13-2012, 02:18 PM
kay2012- SO sorry to hear about your son! You and yours will be in my thoughts.

jmuroff - You look so good!!!!!!!!! I am excited to have those kind of pictures. You look really fit/toned, too, did you work out at all on the diet?

lisa32989
12-13-2012, 02:20 PM
I tried the fudge this morning. I wonder, can you roll it in unsweetened cocoa or something and make truffles?? IP friendly of course.
I believe I've seen scorbett weigh-in on cocoa before, noting that it is off-plan. Rainbow has a truffle recipe...

whytokay
12-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Just a quick reply while I'm at lunch at work. I bought size 18 jeans (Lee) about a week ago and they didn't fit. :( But this week I wore them to work and I can button them and NOT have them be killing me!!! :D I can't wait for them to be baggy.

fam4me
12-13-2012, 02:35 PM
boil for 10 minutes, i never measure how much water. i can eyeball that

Have you ever made them and re-heated? I would love to take for lunch, but only a microwave there? Or have you made them in the microwave?

lisa32989
12-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Just a quick reply while I'm at lunch at work. I bought size 18 jeans (Lee) about a week ago and they didn't fit. :( But this week I wore them to work and I can button them and NOT have them be killing me!!! :D I can't wait for them to be baggy.
Wait a week LOL. That's the way my clothes have been going lately. I've watched this happen to others while I sat in the same clothes. What I realize now is that there was some stretch to those pants. Now I have ones with no "give" and they get big much faster!

maezy1
12-13-2012, 02:40 PM

Kay my prayers are with you. I wouldn't worry about IP until your son is better. do what you can and let the rest go. The last thing I would have thought about in your situation would have been myself. Keep us posted

tobehealthy
12-13-2012, 03:00 PM
As for the pasta... I have made ahead and microwaved. I liked it.

jmuroff1
12-13-2012, 03:15 PM
kay2012- SO sorry to hear about your son! You and yours will be in my thoughts.

jmuroff - You look so good!!!!!!!!! I am excited to have those kind of pictures. You look really fit/toned, too, did you work out at all on the diet?

Thank You!! I was working out too much and they said to slow it down a little, at the moment im not really working out at all except for walking. But before IP i was a religious exerciser, so im thinking that my muscles were hiding under all my fat lol!

Hgamroth
12-13-2012, 03:23 PM

Oh Kay! Prayers are will you and your little boy. Keep us posted and take care of yourself!

MSEMDEE
12-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Kay - thinking of you and your family. Think positive.

Lose2Win
12-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Happy Thursday everyone!! At weigh in today I was down another 2.25 pounds. I was actually okay with this, but my coach seemed kinda disappointed, and said I should be above a three pound loss each week. I was the one explaining to her that not all people lose at the same rate, etc., etc. Slow and steady is fine with me right now. I have to admit though, I am super anxious to reach the half way point and get to a 50 pound loss and onederland....getting closer....with time, with time. Hope you are all having a great day :dizzy:

Nolawhodatchick
12-13-2012, 04:08 PM
I was the one explaining to her that not all people lose at the same rate, etc., etc.

This is ironic, it should be the other way around, with a coach explaining to a client that not everyone loses at the same rate, and that your loss was perfectly normal and fine.

Determinedat47
12-13-2012, 04:41 PM

wow

sonyainva
12-13-2012, 04:42 PM
WI today.

Lisa kudos to you, awesome, almost to 50 pounds as well. I find your words ring true, things like that tequila will be there next year for me. Thank you.

Hope is doing well!

Great way to see how far you have indeed come!

Happy Thursday everyone!! At weigh in today I was down another 2.25 pounds. I was actually okay with this, but my coach seemed kinda disappointed, and said I should be above a three pound loss each week. I was the one explaining to her that not all people lose at the same rate, etc., etc. Slow and steady is fine with me right now. I have to admit though, I am super anxious to reach the half way point and get to a 50 pound loss and onederland....getting closer....with time, with time. Hope you are all having a great day :dizzy:

2.25 is a great loss, kudos to you.

Today is day 1 of 28 where I will be 100% OP.

Thanking all of you

loopers
12-13-2012, 04:57 PM
Have you ever made them and re-heated? I would love to take for lunch, but only a microwave there? Or have you made them in the microwave?

I made some last night, dumped my pomodoro sauce in, and then reheated it today at lunch - it was AWESOME. The whole office was chowing down on pizza they had delivered, and they all said my lunch smelled better than theirs lol

loopers
12-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Oh Kay, I hope you and your son are doing okay! You're in my prayers!:hug:

Suchawittygal
12-13-2012, 05:08 PM

Kay, my thoughts and prayers are with your son and you. I'm praying for a quick diagnosis and recovery. Please keep us posted.

Sammie12
12-13-2012, 05:24 PM
Good evening everyone today was my 4 wk wi & down for the month 24 lbs & 20 inches. I truly can't believe it.

scorbett1103
12-13-2012, 05:28 PM
I believe I've seen scorbett weigh-in on cocoa before, noting that it is off-plan. Rainbow has a truffle recipe...

Yeah, cocoa does not meet the 0/0/0 rule - Rainbow posted a truffle recipe but it uses PB2 which is also not technically on plan - she does a modified Phase 1 that includes a few things someone strictly following the sheet would not have.

scorbett1103
12-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Kay - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your son. Hoping they get to the bottom of all this quickly.

Lisa and Jmuroff, AWESOME!!!

maezy1
12-13-2012, 05:47 PM
LISA JMUROFF - great job!!! so excited for you!!!!!

I just got my first Nashua order in and I was like a child on Christmas morning opening the box. I forgot what I ordered. Luckily they didnt! So many choices, so many choices!
Just threw on my favorite sweatshirt and it now covers ALL of my thighs! ummm, I used to have to pull on it to cover my stomach. Pretty soon it will be my favorite old dress!

Bella73123
12-13-2012, 06:13 PM
WI today.

So Happy for you! This is awesome, your patience is being rewarded!
:D

Kay, my goodness this is terrible. Thoughts and prayers for you and your son, hope things turn around quickly.
:hug:

Wild wire
12-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Would someone explain the "whoosh fairy"? I can't decide if she gave me a visit last night or I have the flu.

I had a good WI on Tuesday down 2.8 but no inches lost? I am still retaining fluid for some reason. I do all my salt & drink 10 glasses of water or more per day.

Glad to read about everyone's success but I am sorry to hear about the little guy. I hope he gets better soon.

kileymed13
12-13-2012, 08:19 PM
Kay I hope your son is ok. Do what you can right now. You and your family are in my thoughts.

ragdoll74
12-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Jmurrof- you look great!

Wild wire- it's not that kind of woosh.....the woosh fairy is when you have a big loss at a weekly weigh in. :-)

Halfagain
12-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Halfagain- WOW your new comparison pics are great.

Thank you! I sure feel better now then when I started IP.

[B][COLOR=Green]WI today.
My mini-goal (half-way point) is DEFINITELY in my sites!

Congratulations!:carrot:

Sending the positive thoughts and prayers your way. Don't worry about IP today.

rainbowsmiles
12-13-2012, 08:44 PM
:wave: hi barb....how was your day sweetie???

Kay2012
12-13-2012, 08:53 PM
A little background on Jared: he's 11 yo and was born with a malformation of his brain. We found out at the age of 2 because he was not walking. We were told that he would not walk, talk, or be able to feed himself. He does all those things and more. We were told that he may have seizures in the future. We thought no way because he is doing good in all other areas. Well we found out today from the neurologist that she was very surprised we had made it this far without seizures.
We are back home with meds incase he has another seizure. Next week we go for an MRI and EEG, then hopefully the neurologist will come up with a treatment plan. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

lisa32989
12-13-2012, 08:59 PM
A little background on Jared: he's 11 yo and was born with a malformation of his brain. We found out at the age of 2 because he was not walking. We were told that he would not walk, talk, or be able to feed himself. He does all those things and more. We were told that he may have seizures in the future. We thought no way because he is doing good in all other areas. Well we found out today from the neurologist that she was very surprised we had made it this far without seizures.
We are back home with meds incase he has another seizure. Next week we go for an MRI and EEG, then hopefully the neurologist will come up with a treatment plan. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.
So glad you are all home! Seizures are scary. I'm so glad they have the beginnings of a plan moving forward.

Halfagain
12-13-2012, 09:25 PM
:wave: hi barb....how was your day sweetie???
:hug:Susan:hug:
My day was good, busy. It will be nice when things get calm down. I so hear the talk about stress triggering eating. I've been able to refrain but realizing that's what was driving me really helped out.

benice
12-13-2012, 09:29 PM

Hang in there, mom. Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way.

NinjaNurse
12-13-2012, 09:33 PM

((((Hugs)))) again. Thinking of you and your family!! I hope they find the right answers for your son soon and he's on the mend.

Please remember to take care of yourself as well!!!

fam4me
12-13-2012, 10:32 PM

Glad to hear you are back home and hope things go well.

Thanks for the replies on the rotini....I can't wait to try it.

Had WI last night and down 3.75 pounds! Biggest number I've seen in a long time so super excited! As others have said, your body will shed it when it's ready!

sahmmommy2
12-13-2012, 10:34 PM
WI today.

FANTASTIC LOSS! I am so happy for you, doing the happy dance:carrot:

So relieved to hear you and your son are home. Hopefully the doctors can figure things out for him.

:hug:Susan:hug:
My day was good, busy. It will be nice when things get calm down. I so hear the talk about stress triggering eating. I've been able to refrain but realizing that's what was driving me really helped out.

You look beautiful! Another Lady setting a wonderful example for the rest of us!

scorbett1103
12-13-2012, 11:25 PM
Would someone explain the "whoosh fairy"? I can't decide if she gave me a visit last night or I have the flu.

I had a good WI on Tuesday down 2.8 but no inches lost? I am still retaining fluid for some reason. I do all my salt & drink 10 glasses of water or more per day.

Glad to read about everyone's success but I am sorry to hear about the little guy. I hope he gets better soon.

Whoosh fairy is when you feel like you haven't lost any weight, and then all of a sudden WHOOOOSH, a couple of pounds falls off :)

It's TOTALLY normal to have weeks when you lose weight but no inches, or inches but very little weight. Your body is going to adjust along the way, as long as you are following the protocol the weight AND inches will come off :)

jampooh
12-14-2012, 12:46 AM
Kay so glad to hear that you are home, keep up the good fight. Thoughts are with you.

WI yesterday 1# more down and another inch also. It;s all one step at a time.

Sister and I found we could eat at Buffalo Wild Wings and stay OP. Out shopping and stopped in looked over the menu before we stayed. We were proud of ourselves. Good salad with grilled chicken breast and to get more protein we shared an order of 6 naked wings. Comes with a side of veg usually celery and carrots they gave us all celery.