Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Wednesday 12/12/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Wednesday 12/12/12

lisa32989
12-12-2012, 08:25 AM
:welcome3:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

libertybelle
12-12-2012, 08:38 AM
Good Morning Incredible Shrinking I People!

I am having an ugg start to the morning... I think it is after bad news yesterday. But as I typed that I decided when I hit "Post Quick Reply" to close the book on that and open a brighter clean slate for the day.

I wanted to reply to all the posts yesterday. I wish I could remember them all. But, I do remember:

SCORBETT: What a knock out!!!

Here's to brighter and better days every day!!! And to each and every one of you!

ragdoll74
12-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Good morning all! I had a nice NSV last night. I bought some riding boots online on black Friday and couldn't get them zipped over my jeans when they arrived. My goal was to be able to wear them for my birthday....well last night I tried again and zipppp they fit!

My losses slowed down dramatically over the last 8 weeks or so. I was consistently losing 2-4 lbs a week for the first 14 weeks, then it just dropped to mostly 1 lb weeks with an occasional 2lb, 3 if I was lucky. Wuv posted something last week about a revision to the phase I sheet. It said that 8 oz of meat were not required in the evening meal, it could be as little as 6 oz. For about 5 days now, I've intentionally not eaten all the protein on my plate at dinner. I'm not measuring how much I don't eat, but I would guess it's about 1-2 oz.

I'm a daily weigher, and have been since the beginning. So far, I'm down almost 2 lbs since my Monday morning weigh in. We'll see how the rest of the week goes. I'm hoping this little change helps me get back to the rate of loss I was at the first 3.5 months.

bubbleblower
12-12-2012, 09:29 AM
Off to my first WI in about an hour. I'll post an update later on, but according to my scale (normally very accurate) I've lost 5 pounds. :D

Have a great day, everyone!!

pocahontas812
12-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Off to my first WI in about an hour. I'll post an update later on, but according to my scale (normally very accurate) I've lost 5 pounds. :D

That's awesome, good luck!

maezy1
12-12-2012, 09:45 AM
BUBBLEBLOWER - congrats!
RAGDOLL - I have the same thing going on. In fact my scale has me steadily gaining this week even though I have been 100% OP. I'll take the 1lb loss and hope it gets better by next Tuesday. I'm going to use your change of reducing protein and see what happens. Yes, getting all my water etc

ragdoll74
12-12-2012, 10:11 AM
maezy- it may end up that on my Monday weigh in there is no overall difference.

It's too soon to really tell, but I've noticed the pattern changed a little. For the last couple months after my Monday weigh in, the scale either goes up or doesn't change until the weekend.

We'll see... it will probably take a couple weeks for me to really know if this is making a difference.

maezy1
12-12-2012, 10:30 AM
maezy- it may end up that on my Monday weigh in there is no overall difference.

It's too soon to really tell, but I've noticed the pattern changed a little. For the last couple months after my Monday weigh in, the scale either goes up or doesn't change until the weekend.

We'll see... it will probably take a couple weeks for me to really know if this is making a difference.

Thx for the info....my scale usually goes up a lb the day after I weight in too. Weird huh? What happened is my scale went down 3.4 lbs on Sunday and is steadily gaining since then. The first day i figured that it was a rebound from getting my cast off and that it would equalize out. I figure my stress level may also be figuring in a little. I will take what it is because I can tell from my clothes that inches are disappearing!

desiree13
12-12-2012, 10:40 AM
So today is supposed to be a Lucky Day!

Wishing everyone here a bit of good luck for the Holidays and today especially. It may come in many forms... if you believe in luck - that is!

Lucky weigh in? :carrot:
Lucky ticket? :lucky:
Gettin' Lucky! ;)

Enjoy the Day, we wont see this 12-12-12 again in our lifetime!

Do something special for yourself today!

mommyof3girls
12-12-2012, 10:42 AM
It has been two weeks since I have been on here, but I want to thank everyone for the suggestions on what to take to a Christmas party. They all sounded great. But, me being me, I ran out of time and ended up taking a veggie tray and fruit bowl from Costco. I was actually thanked by at least four people for bringing something healthy:)

Today was weigh in 20. I am down 3.2lbs and 1-1/2". It is nice to finally solidly be in the 40s even with the daily flucuations.

I hope everyone has a great day.

scorbett1103
12-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Thanks Liberty (and everyone yesterday!) for the kind words! I decided to put up a side-by-side because someone at work commented that they couldn't really remember what I looked like before. Well, I remember, all too well! And I'm so grateful for the folks here - there's no way I'd be as successful (or diligent) without the support and guidance on this forum :)

Ragdoll - awesome NSV on the boots!!!

WI Wednesday for me - I'm down another 2.2lbs and 1 inch!!! My original goal of 170 is in the crosshairs, so glad I decided to be a little more ambitious!

Now that I'm getting closer to goal, I decided to add a little more exercise. I have a 22 minute yoga program set up on my Wii Fit, so I'm going to try and do that at least 3x a week in the morning. If I get up early enough, I can knock that out, have an EAS shake around 6:30am, then eat my breakfast after bringing my kiddo to school. I also decided to go ahead and register for my first 5K! It's not until July (The Run For Your Lives zombie 5k) but it's a HUGE leap of faith to commit to it now. I figure that will give me a firm goal to work towards once I am in maintenance!

mommyof3girls
12-12-2012, 10:48 AM
I forgot my NSV. I had a dress with tags on it that I bought about 5-6 years ago and I finally got to wear it on Sunday. Also on Saturday, we have family pictures with my husband's family. The color was red. So I had seen some red jeans and all they had were 8s and they were too big. I don't even remember being able to wear a 6, and if I did it was very short lived.

mommyof3girls
12-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Scorbett, I am so glad you stayed OP and did not phase off for the holidays. You look great. It was so hard to restart even though I had been 100% OP for 27 weeks. Great job.

Alma4343
12-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Good Morning IPeople. As usual, looks like everyone is doing GREAT. I think the key is to keep coming back here!

ragdoll: Boots! Fitting over jeans. That is great. I love that look

bubbleblower: Good luck at weigh in. Sounds like you are going to rock it!

maezy1: With everything you have going on it is amazing you have stayed on plan. So impressive. I am glad to hear the cast is off!

mommyof3girls: 3.2 lbs down! Great. One for each girl and a little to spare. SIZE 6!!! All I can say is WOW!

scorbett1103: Thanks for posting the comparison pictures. You look awesome. Congrats on the 2.2 down!

ragdoll74
12-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Scorbett- The difference in the pictures is amazing. You are really rockin' this diet. 2.2 lbs lost this week, you're lowering your goal, adding yoga, and all this is during the holidays....amazing.

mommyof3girls...Great NSV's...wearing a brand new dress that's been waiting in for closet for 5 years and in a size 6 pants!!!!

maezy1
12-12-2012, 11:37 AM
ALMA - thanks, I have to keep reminding myself that this journey is not just til I meet my goal weight but a life long change in how I eat. Yesterday I was actually worried about how I could weigh myself after surgery when I get home. I will still be on morphine! I can skip the scale for a while and heal instead! I guess its easier for me to focus on the weight right now than the surgery

Bella73123
12-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Good morning everyone! I am so happy to say that the changes that I made, mostly mentally, have helped me to do much better this week. I gave myself "permission" not to be 100% until some of the stress I've been dealing with lately goes away. I decided to focus on maintenance rather than loss...and I ended up losing 2lbs! I needed the emotional peace of mind that this has allowed me, but it was really nice to see the loss this morning, especially after the huge gain last week!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

benice
12-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Good morning everyone! I am so happy to say that the changes that I made, mostly mentally, have helped me to do much better this week. I gave myself "permission" not to be 100% until some of the stress I've been dealing with lately goes away. I decided to focus on maintenance rather than loss...and I ended up losing 2lbs! I needed the emotional peace of mind that this has allowed me, but it was really nice to see the loss this morning, especially after the huge gain last week!

YAY!!! So glad you are feeling a bit better! I'm pulling for you!

wuv2bloved
12-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Drum roll please....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig-Xnd-kLic&feature=plcp

ragdoll74
12-12-2012, 12:17 PM
WUV you look AMAZING!!!

Willi
12-12-2012, 12:32 PM
WUV you look AMAZING!!!

ditto!

NinjaNurse
12-12-2012, 12:54 PM

Best of luck!! Keep us posted!!

It has been two weeks since I have been on here, but I want to thank everyone for the suggestions on what to take to a Christmas party. They all sounded great. But, me being me, I ran out of time and ended up taking a veggie tray and fruit bowl from Costco. I was actually thanked by at least four people for bringing something healthy:)

Today was weigh in 20. I am down 3.2lbs and 1-1/2". It is nice to finally solidly be in the 40s even with the daily flucuations.

I hope everyone has a great day.

I think I have been here too long! :dizzy: I thought of all you gals this morning at WI. There was an older woman there who was telling the coaches, " I am old enough not to care if I bring my own soy snacks to a party!!" LOVED IT.

So happy for you Bella. Stress plays so much more into our health than we realize. (((Hugs)))

I had WI today. I am shocked. Just coming out of my daze. I lost 4lbs for a total of 25lbs thus far!! Skinny rockin bod coach was so happy for me. Coach I usually lose the most with was ok. I swear these women are constant PMS.
I wanted to celebrate but had no idea what to do.

I went to the consignment shop next door and bought 2 tops for 21. One was an 18/20, the other 14/16. The latter was a bit snug (and I had on the worst bra possible) but I think will be fine by Christmas or New Year.

Then, rebel that I am, I had extra EAS drink in my coffee and the vanilla rice crispy bar for breakfast. Yes, I will have another restricted for snack tonight!!! :fr:

I can't thank Scorbett enough for helping me decide about IP and letting me know about this place. She and all of you have help make a positive differnce in my life and I am grateful!!

Hgamroth
12-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Wuv~amazing! :)

ablever
12-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Good morning, everyone. Been a tough week and I'm afraid to get on the scale this week. Everyone seems to be doing well but I'm stalled and stressed. Probably a cyclical thing, too. I'm stalled so it's stessing me out, I'm stressed out so it's causing a stall...:dizzy:

Good Morning IPeople. As usual, looks like everyone is doing GREAT. I think the key is to keep coming back here!

ragdoll: Boots! Fitting over jeans. That is great. I love that look

bubbleblower: Good luck at weigh in. Sounds like you are going to rock it!

maezy1: With everything you have going on it is amazing you have stayed on plan. So impressive. I am glad to hear the cast is off!

mommyof3girls: 3.2 lbs down! Great. One for each girl and a little to spare. SIZE 6!!! All I can say is WOW!

scorbett1103: Thanks for posting the comparison pictures. You look awesome. Congrats on the 2.2 down!

Alma, everything I wanted to mention, you eloquently did for me so I'm just going to cheat and say: DITTO!

Thank you for being a wonderful example of self-love and kindness. Sometimes that decision to give yourself permission to let go of expectations and constraints is all that's needed to keep us moving forward. You've reminded me of that this week!

I wanted to celebrate but had no idea what to do.

I went to the consignment shop next door and bought 2 tops for 21. One was an 18/20, the other 14/16. The latter was a bit snug (and I had on the worst bra possible) but I think will be fine by Christmas or New Year.

Then, rebel that I am, I had extra EAS drink in my coffee and the vanilla rice crispy bar for breakfast. Yes, I will have another restricted for snack tonight!!! :fr:

I can't thank Scorbett enough for helping me decide about IP and letting me know about this place. She and all of you have help make a positive differnce in my life and I am grateful!!

Sounds like a wonderful way to be good to yourself! Congrats!

ablever
12-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Congrats, Wuv! You're such an inspiration!

Suchawittygal
12-12-2012, 01:12 PM
All I can say is...WOW WUV!! AHMAZING!

I finally did it...I'm into the 160's!! I was 169.0 on the scale this morning! I'm just over the moon happy :carrot:

scorbett1103
12-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Suchawittygal - congrats on breaking into the 60's!!!

Ninjanurse - you are doing all the hard work here, sister, great job!!!

Wuv - once again, you look incredible!!!

losingit2013
12-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Can anyone tell me their average carb count in a day? Each type of IP food varies?

tobehealthy
12-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Gah!!! I'm miserably sick. But oh well, I'm powering through. You all here have been so inspiring. Enough to keep me on plan even though I have 0 energy to cook the food I know I should be eating, I'm doing my best.
I had a shocking loss on the scale this morning, but I drank a ton yesterday, so I think that it must be the sickness making me lose any water retention. I'll take it, but I sure hope it doesn't go right back on after I get better. :)

lisa32989
12-12-2012, 01:42 PM
So today is supposed to be a Lucky Day!

Wishing everyone here a bit of good luck for the Holidays and today especially. It may come in many forms... if you believe in luck - that is!

Lucky weigh in? :carrot:
Lucky ticket? :lucky:
Gettin' Lucky! ;)

Enjoy the Day, we wont see this 12-12-12 again in our lifetime!

Do something special for yourself today!
LOL I stole all the luck when I got married on 7/7/07! Hubby says he never forgets an anniversary!

massconfusion84
12-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Wuv I love your accent its adorable! and you look great! On another note. Does anyone use ketostix? I used them this morning and it said just a trace of ketones. That made me kind of sad because I feel like it should have been mild to moderate....oh well as long as Im loosing I suppose.

MonicaKolesnik
12-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Good morning all!
My losses slowed down dramatically over the last 8 weeks or so. I was consistently losing 2-4 lbs a week for the first 14 weeks, then it just dropped to mostly 1 lb weeks with an occasional 2lb, 3 if I was lucky. Wuv posted something last week about a revision to the phase I sheet. It said that 8 oz of meat were not required in the evening meal, it could be as little as 6 oz. For about 5 days now, I've intentionally not eaten all the protein on my plate at dinner. I'm not measuring how much I don't eat, but I would guess it's about 1-2 oz.
Congrats on the boots, I am hoping I can one day rock the jeans under boots look.
I must have missed the sheet revision and I tried searching for the link do you remember where this was said.
What a great loss and good luck at the weigh in!!

Now that I'm getting closer to goal, I decided to add a little more exercise. I have a 22 minute yoga program set up on my Wii Fit, so I'm going to try and do that at least 3x a week in the morning.

LOVE MY Wii fit. living in a small town it is perfect to get those little work outs in. You look great by the way!! Please keep us informed about how adding the exercise is working for you :)

ALMA - thanks, I have to keep reminding myself that this journey is not just til I meet my goal weight but a life long change in how I eat. Yesterday I was actually worried about how I could weigh myself after surgery when I get home. I will still be on morphine! I can skip the scale for a while and heal instead! I guess its easier for me to focus on the weight right now than the surgery

Good luck with your surgery :hug:

Happy for your 2lb loss but happier you are feeling better. It is better you are focusing on you during this stressful time :hug:

pocahontas812
12-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Wuv--looking awesome!

scorbett1103
12-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Wuv I love your accent its adorable! and you look great! On another note. Does anyone use ketostix? I used them this morning and it said just a trace of ketones. That made me kind of sad because I feel like it should have been mild to moderate....oh well as long as Im loosing I suppose.

A word of advice? Toss your ketostix in the trash, they don't actually tell you anything useful. If you show ANY ketones, trace or otherwise, you're fine - if you are drinking plenty of water they are going to be diluted and barely show up on the stix if at all. ESPECIALLY if the results of the sticks are going to change your mood, that's an indicator that you'd have a tough time disconnecting emotions from the results - and you don't need that kind of unnecessary stress.

Toss 'em in the trash, and be CONFIDENT in the fact that you are following the program, and it works!

scorbett1103
12-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Can anyone tell me their average carb count in a day? Each type of IP food varies?

I want to say that it's somewhere in the 20-40 net carbs per day - BUT IP is NOT a carb counting program. If you follow the sheet, it works. No counting necessary.

Hgamroth
12-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Happy 12-12-12! I did get on the scale and I am up 2 pounds but I have started running again so I think I need to wait a bit and monitor before I get too concerned. I am also not getting my water in like I should. I have had math trainings and presentations so I didn't want to be leaving the room to pee all the time!

pocahontas812
12-12-2012, 02:21 PM

I track everything I eat each day in My Fitness Pal (available online and as smartphone app), and it calculates total calories, carbs, protein, fats, etc. for each day. On average, I am consuming about 30 g of carb per day. My typical daily calorie intake is 800, and about 60% of those calories come from protein and 20% each from carbs and fat.

Important to note--I don't track in my fitness pal in order to monitor and control the amount of carbs, protein, etc I'm eating. I do it as it keeps me aware and accountable of my food choices and helps me to make better decisions. I plan to continue to use this app after I am done with IP, as I think it will help me to maintain and avoid regaining the weight.

NinjaNurse
12-12-2012, 03:04 PM
All I can say is...WOW WUV!! AHMAZING!

I finally did it...I'm into the 160's!! I was 169.0 on the scale this morning! I'm just over the moon happy :carrot:

Congrats!!!

wuv2bloved
12-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Thanks everyone, I am one happy girl today that is for sure!

rainbowsmiles
12-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Good Morning Incredible Shrinking I People!

i just LOVE reading that welcome above and knowing I am a part of this amazing group of I people!!!

LOVE IT!!

thanks liberty for making me smile this morning~

AnnaBoBanna
12-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Just popping in. I can't afford IP anymore and went downhill for a few weeks, so here I am! I am back on track eating healthier and last night 5 lbs whooshed away (probably water weight). But I'll take it! I'm just trying to skip the bad carbs and eat meat, low fat dairy, and veggies. Had horrific migraines last night.

Today is better! I packed myself some crockpot pot roast and mashed cauliflower for work. For breakfast I had a Pure Protein bar. Just happy to be feeling good again, those carbs are killers! I don't want the cravings anymore!

Hgamroth
12-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Just popping in. I can't afford IP anymore and went downhill for a few weeks, so here I am! I am back on track eating healthier and last night 5 lbs whooshed away (probably water weight). But I'll take it! I'm just trying to skip the bad carbs and eat meat, low fat dairy, and veggies. Had horrific migraines last night.

Today is better! I packed myself some crockpot pot roast and mashed cauliflower for work. For breakfast I had a Pure Protein bar. Just happy to be feeling good again, those carbs are killers! I don't want the cravings anymore!

So glad to see your face again! You are a strong girl and you have got this!

rainbowsmiles
12-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Drum roll please....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig-Xnd-kLic&feature=plcp

drum roll???? we need to bring in the entire marching drum band!!!
awesome job!!!

ragdoll74
12-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Congrats on the boots, I am hoping I can one day rock the jeans under boots look.
I must have missed the sheet revision and I tried searching for the link do you remember where this was said.

I think it was not an actual phase 1 revision, just additional info sent to coaches

Updated 8/20/12 : What is meant is they can have UP TO 4 whole eggs and 2 whites IF THEY WISH. Look, they can have up 8 oz of meat, but if they only want 6 oz, that's their choice. 1 whole extra large egg (56 g) has 70 cal, 7g Protein, 0 carbs and 4.5g fat.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/271002-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-12-4-2012-a-3.html

tightwad
12-12-2012, 05:00 PM
I want to say that it's somewhere in the 20-40 net carbs per day - BUT IP is NOT a carb counting program. If you follow the sheet, it works. No counting necessary.

As I am not using IP products I have found that keeping tracks of carbs is a big help since my choices are different when it comes to meals etc. Limit calories to lose weight, limit carbs to encourage Ketosis.

jenshoopie
12-12-2012, 05:23 PM
I tried IP years ago and quit .. got lazy and crazy.
So, I just started again today. I am energized and excited about the possibilities with this program! :D

Willi
12-12-2012, 05:29 PM
So, I just started again today. I am energized and excited about the possibilities with this program! :D

Welcome back!

kileymed13
12-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Wuv...that is amazing!!!! Thanks for sharing. Had a good WI yesterday and it was a day early!! I am very tired lately and can't shake it. I think it is because the semester is coming to an end and there are a ton of loose ends to tie up before it is done (grades, papers to correct, student advising). I think my mind needs a break too.

mmehuval
12-12-2012, 05:43 PM
This is my first time posting on a site like this....so here I go...I finally decided that I had to do something about my weight so I started IP yesterday. Day 1 went fine. Today I feel like death....weak, dizzy, fatiqued, Is this even worth it? I need to loose 70 lbs. I can't deal with months of this. I need some advice here. :?:

NinjaNurse
12-12-2012, 05:48 PM
This is my first time posting on a site like this....so here I go...I finally decided that I had to do something about my weight so I started IP yesterday. Day 1 went fine. Today I feel like death....weak, dizzy, fatiqued, Is this even worth it? I need to loose 70 lbs. I can't deal with months of this. I need some advice here. :?:

1st of all, congrats on your decision to go with IP and 2nd, to come here. You will not feel like that for long, a day or two, a week at most. It is your body transitioning off carbs and going into Ketosis.

We all had similar experiences, but once you are in to Ketosis, you should feel great! I have much more energy now. And if you check out some of our members, they've lost over a hundred pounds!!! Don't let these 1st few days get you down!!

scorbett1103
12-12-2012, 06:11 PM

Welcome! And don't get discouraged - what you feel is very common for the first few days. Your body is adjusting to the absence of carbs. It is ABSOLUTELY worth it! I have lost 54 lbs in 20 weeks. we have MANY people on here who have lost 80, 90, 100 lbs! Stick with it, push through the first week and most of all DON'T CHEAT!

A few tricks to help you get through:
-for dizziness/headache, you may be salt depleted, especially if you are drinking all of your water (at least 64oz per day). Try licking a little salt right off your hand, or putting some in your water. If that was the problem, you should feel better within an hour.

-For fatigue or really bad hunger, you CAN have an extra packet or a hard boiled egg to help with the hunger. Also remember that lettuce is unlimited! I think I ate 3 salads a day in the first week.

Good luck!

Calisto
12-12-2012, 06:46 PM
So pumped today! Just got back from weigh in, lost 5.2 lbs this week!

Total of 29.4 in 5 weeks. Just so excited!!

okay... time to get the kids under control! lol

maezy1
12-12-2012, 07:02 PM
JENSHOOPIE - congrats on coming back to IP.

MMEHUVAL - Welcome! You will feel better soon. U just got to get through this first step. Where in Louisiana are you? Im in BR!!!! Lovin the cooler weather!

losingit2013
12-12-2012, 08:23 PM

Thanks and I know it isn't about carb counting. It was just something that i wondered because I log my meals on myfitnesspal and was interested to see the wide range day to day and yet continue to lose weight.

NinjaNurse
12-12-2012, 08:36 PM

Congrats!!! You are melting away"!

Alma4343
12-12-2012, 08:44 PM

Calisto! That is so exciting! You are doing excellent!:carrot:

Welcome back!

I see you have already gotten great advice from others. Just wanted to say Welcome and this will pass really fast. You will not have to live with it for months.

Kay2012
12-12-2012, 10:00 PM
I spent the afternoon in the ER with my youngest son. He has a stomach virus. He was dehydrated and unresponsive. Took 10 years off my life. My WI is tomorrow and since I didn't get all my food and water in I feel like it want be a big loss. I'm just hoping for a loss. Hope everyone had a great day. I'm trying to catch up on reading all the posts.

Calisto
12-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Thanks ladies!

Originally Posted by mmehuval
This is my first time posting on a site like this....so here I go...I finally decided that I had to do something about my weight so I started IP yesterday. Day 1 went fine. Today I feel like death....weak, dizzy, fatiqued, Is this even worth it? I need to loose 70 lbs. I can't deal with months of this. I need some advice here.

It's worth it! Stick with it, just wait and the results do make it easier! The way you feel, more energy, lighter... it all makes it worth while!

Calisto
12-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Oh good day today for hubby, a guy in his office noticed he had lost weight! Same guy who last year lost a bunch of weight. They are so busy at work (not a huge office) that no one really sees or talks to anyone right now.

I told him tax time will be over and everyone will look at him and he will be wearing his Large Shirts instead of XXL!

Hgamroth
12-12-2012, 11:14 PM
I spent the afternoon in the ER with my youngest son. He has a stomach virus. He was dehydrated and unresponsive. Took 10 years off my life. My WI is tomorrow and since I didn't get all my food and water in I feel like it want be a big loss. I'm just hoping for a loss. Hope everyone had a great day. I'm trying to catch up on reading all the posts.

So sorry Kay! I went through that with my daughter when she was 1. NOT FUN. I hope he feels better soon!

scorbett1103
12-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Thanks and I know it isn't about carb counting. It was just something that i wondered because I log my meals on myfitnesspal and was interested to see the wide range day to day and yet continue to lose weight.

I gotcha. The one thing I don't like about My Fitness Pal is that they don't take into account NET carbs, only TOTAL carbs. So the counts are going to look higher because they don't factor in that dietary fiber can be subtracted from total carbs.

MonicaKolesnik
12-12-2012, 11:38 PM
I think it was not an actual phase 1 revision, just additional info sent to coaches

Updated 8/20/12 : What is meant is they can have UP TO 4 whole eggs and 2 whites IF THEY WISH. Look, they can have up 8 oz of meat, but if they only want 6 oz, that's their choice. 1 whole extra large egg (56 g) has 70 cal, 7g Protein, 0 carbs and 4.5g fat.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/271002-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-12-4-2012-a-3.html

Thanks so much for the info :) thanks to you to wuv for the original share. Your looking great

bubbleblower
12-13-2012, 12:32 AM
Just catching up a bit after a looooooooong day! I went to my first WI as I said, and was thrilled with the 5 pound loss for the first week. Then I got to go home, pack, and head out of town for 5 days. Somehow I still managed to stay on plan although we left for the airport around 3 PM and didn't arrive at the hotel here until around 10 PM. I've packed all my supplements and IP meals in zip locks for each day, and took choco soy puffs to eat on the plane along with a Subway grilled chicken salad (lettuce, chicken, cukes, peppers, onions). Even though my DH keeps offering me part of his meals I'm hanging in there and have stayed OP. :D

Sounds like everyone here is doing great. I'm going back through lots of posts from everyone now.

Kay2012
12-13-2012, 12:34 AM
So sorry Kay! I went through that with my daughter when she was 1. NOT FUN. I hope he feels better soon!

Thanks! It was no fun at all. It has been a very stressful day. He is feeling a little better at the moment after the fluids they gave him. I just hope he continues to improve.

lisa32989
12-13-2012, 06:26 AM
I gotcha. The one thing I don't like about My Fitness Pal is that they don't take into account NET carbs, only TOTAL carbs. So the counts are going to look higher because they don't factor in that dietary fiber can be subtracted from total carbs.
Yeah. Fiber is listed but ya gotta do the math yourownself. I wish there was a net carbs column. Lets all do a my fitness pal wish list!

Just catching up a bit after a looooooooong day! I went to my first WI as I said, and was thrilled with the 5 pound loss for the first week. Then I got to go home, pack, and head out of town for 5 days. Somehow I still managed to stay on plan although we left for the airport around 3 PM and didn't arrive at the hotel here until around 10 PM. I've packed all my supplements and IP meals in zip locks for each day, and took choco soy puffs to eat on the plane along with a Subway grilled chicken salad (lettuce, chicken, cukes, peppers, onions). Even though my DH keeps offering me part of his meals I'm hanging in there and have stayed OP. :D
Planning is the key! You got this. Congrats on the WI!
Took me a bit to get DH on board. He quit offering me stuff early-on but would literally put treats right under my nose til I threatened to throw them all out, him included! He got the message.