Ideal Protein Diet - I wish my brain naturally worked this way.

Lareena
12-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Week 2 back on IP and I am in the zone! Its so crazy to me that simply the reduction of sugars and carbs can completely change your cravings and need for those foods. I sure wish my brain naturally produced whatever it is that prevents us from feeling the need to over indulge.

I breezed through the office this afternoon with all those cookies, candies and comments like "hey we are making a Chinese food run want anything?"
without so much as a 2nd thought.

:D

scorbett1103
12-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Way to go!!! There is science behind carb/sugar addiction, which makes it all the more amazing that companies can get away with packing foods with hidden carbs. You really do feel more free once you break away from it all! Keep up the good work!

AZ247
12-11-2012, 05:10 PM
You're doing great! There's nothing better than saying "NO" to junk food.

rofl306
12-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Way to go! Not wanting the food and liking the feeling is so important!

We use to have Aisian take out once a week. I haven't even thought of that in months...

benice
12-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Yay!!!!!

maezy1
12-11-2012, 05:43 PM
that's the way to do IP!!! Just think in a month everyone will be bringing veggies to work for their diet that will stop before the end of the month! BUT not if they start IP and sign up for 3FCs!!!!!

tam67green
12-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Great job! It is amazing, isn't it? Another fringe benefit, at least for me: I used to have really bad heartburn at least 1-2 times per week, and I often took Prevacid. Been on IP 10 weeks now, and NO heartburn! Makes me wonder what I was doing to my body to make it protest like that! :-)

loopers
12-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Great job! It is amazing, isn't it? Another fringe benefit, at least for me: I used to have really bad heartburn at least 1-2 times per week, and I often took Prevacid. Been on IP 10 weeks now, and NO heartburn! Makes me wonder what I was doing to my body to make it protest like that! :-)

Oh my goodness, I just realized that I haven't had heartburn since I started either.... what WERE we doing to ourselves?

guil28
12-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Oh my goodness, I just realized that I haven't had heartburn since I started either.... what WERE we doing to ourselves?

Same Here!!! I hadn't even realised until now!!

JODIO
12-11-2012, 10:36 PM
I really love not being 'mastered' by the cravings. I've been known to get in my car at midnight to run to the gas station, to satisfy a sugar craving. (I'm sure I'm not alone)

Just went thru Thanksgiving and my birthday, no problemo. Not worried about Christmas one bit. It is awesome.

Fishette
12-11-2012, 11:02 PM
JODIO- a friend told me her adult daughter does not recognize her December birthday and instead celebrates her calculated conception day in March. My friend thinks it may be a response to having a birthday so close to Christmas. Since you have a close birthday, too, I was wondering if you felt it overwhelming to the point of picking another month?

JODIO
12-12-2012, 12:31 AM
I DO hate having a December birthday! lol
I think a half birthday or conception birthday is a great idea! :)
My son has it worse, his is a week before Christmas, where mine is 3 weeks before. He definitely gets the "this present can be for both" line. He feels he totally gets ripped-off. lol!

NinjaNurse
12-12-2012, 12:39 AM
Week 2 back on IP and I am in the zone! Its so crazy to me that simply the reduction of sugars and carbs can completely change your cravings and need for those foods. I sure wish my brain naturally produced whatever it is that prevents us from feeling the need to over indulge.

I breezed through the office this afternoon with all those cookies, candies and comments like "hey we are making a Chinese food run want anything?"
without so much as a 2nd thought.

:D

It's a great feeling!!! Remember how crappy we felt with all those carbs?? Way to go!!!
Chinese food is tough for me, but saying no gets easier all the time.

that's the way to do IP!!! Just think in a month everyone will be bringing veggies to work for their diet that will stop before the end of the month! BUT not if they start IP and sign up for 3FCs!!!!!

Very true.

I was thinking that the other day!!!