General Diet Plans and Questions - Tired of Thinking About Food.......

forreal
12-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Going food shopping tomorrow, and I can't sem to get my list written. I always try to plan ahead and have the right foods on hand. But I just feel tired of thinking about food all the time. So I'm planning to buy some basics -- chicken, fish, frozen veggies and sweet potatoes, and get a couple of Lean Cuisines (which I usually stay away from because I'm trying to avoid processed foods), and then buy some Slim Fast and Frozen Smoothie mixes.

Figure maybe I'll have some smoothies and shakes along with fresh fruit for a day or so, so I can take a break from the kitchen -- then when I'm ready I'll have what I need.

I need to vary my menu a bit cause I feel like I'm in a bit of a rut -- and I don't want to get myself in trouble.............

Mary

Wannabeskinny
12-11-2012, 08:03 AM
I understand being in a rut. However many, including myself, find that by maintaining the same breakfast every day they can take the thinking part out. For me my daily breakfast is yogurt with fruit and a few almonds. I don't have to think about it, I don't have to contemplate it, I don't have to make a daily torturous decision about it, I just buy it and eat it, end of story. I do something similar with lunch but not as rigid. Then dinner can be something exciting. Hope that helps.

bargoo
12-11-2012, 08:32 AM
For my breakfast I have two choices I eat one or the other evryday, my lunches don't vary much, either and no, I don't get bored.