WW Clubs and Groups - #284 Bale of Turtles Preparing for the Best Days!

Itryharder
12-09-2012, 10:16 AM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from expeience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other suppport. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
12-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Hi Turtles,
I've started this new thread since we had gotten long. Please go back to #283 because our newest member, Big Momma, wrote her story.

Today is going to be a good day for me. I can feel it and I want to make it so. :goodvibes: to all.
Judy
234.6/197/thinner and to goal in 2013!!!

BigMomma135
12-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Hello Turtles,

Love the Christmas baking advice Judy...I am going to try that this year. I am sad to say that sugar cookies are my downfall...that and turtles (how ironic!).

My daughter was up all night with the flu so I am a little tired this morning. I bleached and cleaned everything...waiting for my son to get sick... :(

Bandit2, I live in north eastern Alberta...smack dab in oil country. It is -30 *C today and looks like we will get a white Christmas this year!

Off to make lunch! Take care.

Itryharder
12-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Got a lot done today and am looking forward to a relaxing afternoon. Still lots to do, but when I did a huge grocery shopping, I picked up a WW froz. lunch for 5 points plus to eat and threw it in the microwave while I put away the groceries. It was good and now I'm going to track. I'm working this program really hard since I am not loving my silhouette.

Have a great day.
Big Momma, sorry your daughter was sick. Hope bleaching away the germs helps your son and rest of family to stay well!!!!

everybody have a great day and chime in when you can. Tricky time of year and yet Bandit is already losing weight during this month. I have done well in years past too during December. Go figure! While shopping I walked extra fast in the market and made believe I was getting some :exercise: Lol.

Okay, have an OP day!
JUdy

terrod99
12-10-2012, 07:49 AM
Hey All!
And welcome BigMomma!!!!
Figured you must be Canadian by your Location, Bandit and I live in Ontario, the other gals in the US. Your story belongs to most of us!!! My son was home sick last week for 2 days, freezing rain here today so not sure yet about school again today. I keep it simple eat less move more. Some days it works, and if it doesnt oh well, there is always the next day! We are not perfect!!!!

You gals are really working the plan!!! Losing weight this month!! I have been slacking with the exercise!!! Walking the mall counts though right!! Heheheh!

Have a great week all !

Terri

BigMomma135
12-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Good morning Turtles,

Since I have been on this plan I have noticed that my sleeps have been better. I think it has something to do with knowing that I am in control of my body and I am working towards improving it. Just another perk when we look after ourselves ;).

Hope we have a great day!

P.s. it is warm today. -15

Itryharder
12-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Terri and Big Momma, good to hear from you.

We had a lot of noise in our backyard this morning. Some workers from our power utility took down the five saplings we had in our backyard that were twisted up in the power lines. They did an amazing job and they're all gone!
Oh, trees and men. So glad it won't be any of our trees that take down a power line next storm.

Rainy here, but I've got plans for the day and we're coming out of the storm just fine. Although we had a lot of damage, there are people not far away who lost their entire homes. I hope all of this will be done by Christmas and it looks like it will. Just little things now.

On the other hand, our house looks so cute. Dh and I have been decorating and getting ready for Christmas. It's a great time of the year. A friend sent a tower of goodies and I couldn't resist peaking into each box. Oh, big mistake~I think I'll move that into another spot since it is tempting me. I made a promise to myself to keep the box intact until Christmas Eve. I've got a few social times coming up, so I'm planning as best I can. Bandit is really inspiring me by losing weight during this time and we all know her social life is great and busy!!!!

Okay, just chatting here. Talk soon. Wishing you all :balloons: and :goodvibes: to get through these days.
Judy
234.6/197/thinner to goal in 2013~~~~

BigMomma135
12-12-2012, 04:11 AM
Hello all....
Well joke's om me...I have the flu and a nasty sort of business it is. Will report back when recovered. Stay well ladies.

Itryharder
12-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Oh Big Momma, sorry about the flu. Get well quick.
Judy

terrod99
12-13-2012, 08:00 AM
Morning all!
Big Momma speedy recovery! On the plus side when you are sick your not hungry??? (Trying to stay positive heeheheheh!!)

Well made it throught the staff party didnot have any of the desserts! Yeah me! Have been doing well with all the treats patients bring in, over all I am pretty proud of myself!!! Now on the bad side I havenot been to gym in 3 weeks!!! But I will get back at it! I promise!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judy glad things are getting back to normal after that nasty storm!!, You stay chatty we like that!!!

Bandit good for you for staying on track!!! like Judy says even with all your social events!!! You go girl!!!

Have a great Thursday gals

Terri

BigMomma135
12-13-2012, 11:28 PM
Feeling much better!

Lost three pounds and was able to walk 3 miles (not briskly) but I will take it!

Husband was sick last night and I am waiting for little boy to bring it on home.

Great job Terri staying away from desserts...that is some willpower! I have

vowed no Christmas chocolate until Christmas Eve...so far so good.

Take care!

Itryharder
12-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Terri, weigh to go at the Christmas party! And I always think of nurses, etc. who work in doctors offices. It makes no sense for patients to bring cookies and candy to a place that tells you to watch your diet and eat healthy foods.
My goodness! When a patient brings in fruit.....that would be smart. In the meantime good for you :cheer: and :bravo: for avoiding those temptations.

Big Momma, also weigh to go for you in avoiding the Christmas foods and chocolate until Christmas Eve. That's really smart and will work. Yay.
I'm so glad you lost 3#, that's great. Hope you're feeling better and your little boy can escape the flu.

Things going well here. I just like to stop in and chat.
Hi to Bandit and Princess and Cherry and Life4evr and all the turtles who walk by and just observe. Have a great day!
Judy

BigMomma135
12-15-2012, 12:17 PM
3 mile walk today and some time outside in the snow with the kids and dog!

The kids and I are planning the Christmas baking...sugar cookies and gingerbread men...rice crispie squares....and some cake pops made from my daughters machine....but most importantly...single batches of each!

Any advice out there as to how to avoid sampling the baking as you making it?

Take care.

Itryharder
12-16-2012, 11:25 PM
Okay----I make a cup of tea while I bake. Also I have chewed diet gum to have something in my mouth instead of cookie dough. Anybody else have any ideas? I could use a few good tips myself.

Big Momma, sounds like you're doing great.

I had a nice weekend and have done well with food. I find tracking is helping me. Before I would plan out my meals and points plus, but somehow extra foods found their way into my mouth. Not the way to go.

Wishing everybody a great day.
Judy

terrod99
12-17-2012, 07:48 AM
Good morning gals!

Five days of work then off for the holiday! (I think I have about 12 days off) I really need the break!!!!!!

Food was good over weekend! Still just eating less! Appetite is less so this is good!!
Judy I baked yesterday a bit ended up in my mouth!!! So Big momma I have no advice, Judy's gum chewing was a great idea!!

Hope the other gals are well!!! And keepin at it! Its all we can do!!!

Terri

bandit2
12-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Morning turtles

Bigmomma - I don't do much baking but this year I will be making quinoa mini muffins so will let you know how they turn out. Healthier type muffin.
Last night I went to gf for dinner & stopped and picked up spice cake for dessert, had a piece & left the leftovers there. I know I would have had more if I had brought the rest home & I knew I didnt' need anymore.
So that is an option with anything we take - just refuse to bring leftovers back home & when guests come by you can send some extras home with them.

All - 2 days of work then I am off for 2 whole weeks which will be a nice break.

Going to taping of TV show (Steven & Chris) this Wed so that should be fun and maybe they will give us a nice gift to bring home.

Enjoy the season!

Itryharder
12-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Terri :balloons: on keeping your food good over the weekend. Yay! Weigh to go!

Bandit, smart not to overbake for the holidays. I like your advice about leaving desserts with the people you visit and also sending "goodies" home with your friends. I have very little in the house, and I do that on purpose. If I get hungry or am searching for something good, I can make cocoa and I also can pop popcorn. Those help. (Crackers and cookies just can't be here! I'd eat the whole sleeve, etc).

I see real improvement with us and our posts. It looks like we are concentrating more on what we really want :goodscale: and are eating accordingly rather than giving in too often to make progress.

I'm sending cheer to all our buddies. Big Momma, thanks for joining us!
:goodvibes:

:cheer: to Princess and Cherry and Life4evr. I hope this holiday season finds you well and happy.

Judy
The scale is finally cooperating. I know what is ahead, but I'm trying to do this sensibly one day at a time.

terrod99
12-18-2012, 07:47 AM
Happy rainy Tuesday!

Bandit have fun at the taping, one of the girls at work went a few weeks ago and said it was fun, I have been to Rick Mercer and This hour has 22 Minutes tapings, boy the behind the scenes stuff is hillarious!!!

Judy glad the scale is going the right way! The box of chocolates got me yesterday!!! But I stopped at 2! Will do better today!!!''

Big Momma hope the bug is out of your house and all are well for the upcoming holidays!

Princess cherry and Life! We are always thinking of you gals and hoping you will pop in when you can!!!

Terri

Itryharder
12-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Terri, stopping at two chocolates at this time of year is really good. Glad you kept reins on the temptation.

I'm heading to WW mtg. in a couple of minutes and I know I've lost weight.
I hope I am down a couple of pounds, but I'll chime in later. Having a few of my WW friends in for lunch after the meeting.

Have a great day! :goodvibes: to us all.
Judy

Itryharder
12-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Hi Gals, :goodscale: today. I was down 2.6# and am very happy with that.
To do that I had to track and I had to pass over some goodies I wanted. It was worth it. Next challenge: Hold onto this weight loss over the next 7 days and then work on losing the next pound. Yay.

Judy
Wishing you all :goodvibes: I was stuck at this higher weight for a long time. Now I feel like I can release more weight as long as I put in the effort.

BigMomma135
12-20-2012, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the tips for the holidays...I have been busy the last few days with Christmas prep and cannot wait to relax. Great news on the weight loss Judy! I want to maintain my loss over the holidays and I am planning my workouts all week long...got to keep moving! I find that after a workout, I am more likely to stick to plans.

I am going to chew gum when I make my cabbage rolls this Friday....wish me luck!

Itryharder
12-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Big Momma, you have a great weight loss already and you are closing in on Onederland (as we call breaking 200#) Weigh to go.

Good luck with your cabbage rolls----one of my favorite comfort foods.

Hey Everybody-----have a great OP day.

I had a small group of girls from WW in for lunch yesterday. WE had a nice time and we kept the food WW-friendly, always a help around the holidays.
I am sad that so many of our friends from just 5 years ago aren't at the meetings anymore. Some have gained weight and are embarassed to come back. Some are working as WW leaders or receptionists, others are working in other places. MY longest friend has been a WW for over 20 years and still comes to a weekly meeting. She is sure that is the backbone of her success.

Turtles, busy weekend coming up and then Christmas. Enjoy every minute and chime in when you can. :bravo: :balloons: :goodvibes:
Judy
234.6/195/180's and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
12-22-2012, 09:06 AM
Hello everyone and happy Saturday to you all! I am so sorry for being MIA lately! The hubs is home recovering from his last surgery and what we hope is the final round but are not sure, there were issues and we had to run him to the hospital for a last minue CAT scan last week... Doctor says that the results were ok and that with time things will heal.

Hope everyone is well and managing to stay on track... me, not so much but I am really feeling like I must do something because I am a runaway train right now both in activity and eating. So it is back on track for me... as of today, I am digging out my walk away the pounds CD's so that I can do SOMETHING - the PT says that I need to take it slow or will have another flare up so it is walking for me and with the recent snow that means it will be in doors.

I miss everyone here very much and hope to get back online this weekend to read thru posts and catch up on what is going on with everyone's world.

Have a great day all!

Itryharder
12-22-2012, 10:00 AM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, so glad to hear from you. I'm sorry about your dh's surgeries, etc. but I have faith that he will heal and be feeling well soon. I also think it is very smart for you (and I mean me too) to do some activity. Walking is great and I remember when you did well with that CD/DVD for walking indoors. I have to make peace with my :tread: and treat it as a helpful friend rather than a bore I need to run away from. Lol.

Never feel bad about being MIA. We all go through times and episodes when we really don't have time to post here. What I have always appreciated is someone is always willing to keep this thread going. So, jump in when you can. You've had some extraordinary things happen this year and I have a feeling you'll be glad (along with me) to kiss 2012 good-bye.

I've had a couple of tricky days with food, but I also realize I don't have to be perfect.....just better. Have my food planned. DD and dgrandson will be here for some hours during the next four days. I have individually wrapped food in the freezer for myself if the others want high calorie dinners. I'm saving my "special time" for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It's hard staying away from the cookies, but so far so good.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend leading into Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!!! All the best to the Turtles and their loved ones.
Judy
234.6/195/180's and thinner into goal :cool:

bandit2
12-22-2012, 08:01 PM
Hi everyone - missed chiming in a couple of days with every being so crazy at this time of year. Had my Tops potluck Thurs evening and now off there for 2 weeks. At my weigh in I "turtled" so was happy given all the activities.

Judy - congrats on a fabulous loss!

So officially ready for Christmas - everything bought, wrapped and final
running around for veggies was today. So thats it. Tonight have gathering
at one of my cousins, so heading there shortly. Then dd home tomorrow til after Christmas which will be nice.

So lots of visiting coming up both at my place & others.

All - have a great Christmas and hoping everyone all the best throughout the holidays.

Stay safe

Itryharder
12-23-2012, 11:12 AM
BAndit, glad to hear your had such a great turtle WI. :goodscale: at this time of year. Weigh to go.
Enjoy your company and also your travels.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!!!!
JUdy

Princess1122
12-26-2012, 11:06 AM
hello everyone and happy wednesday! We had a nice Christmas day with the family and am now in the middle of a blizzard here in Indy so it is a snow day for us! Yeah!

Food was not good yesterday but I will do better today!

Take care everyone!

Itryharder
12-26-2012, 01:58 PM
Hi! Good hearing from you.

I am concentrating on tracking every single thing that goes in my mouth.
I have found that tracking turkey meat loaf and Brussels Sprouts and forgetting to track Christmas candy doesn't work. Duh! Really had a decent week and had promised myself that Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were fine to go overboard. Today I am working hard on getting on track. We're expecting another nor'easter, so I've got my fingers crossed that we keep our power.

Princess, glad you've got the day off--I've been watching the crazy weather in Indiana and wishing you're fine!

Okay gals. I went to my mtg. this morning but didn't WI. Good to see my leader and friends. The meeting is changing location for next week, so I'll have to see what stays the same and what works.

Have a great day!
Judy
234.5/195/180's and thinner :cool: one step at a time.

life4evr
12-27-2012, 01:44 AM
Hey everyone I am back kind of. Beeng going through issues as usual. Needless to say what weight I did loose I gained back. I have managed to stay under 290#. the last time I went off the wagon I went over that.

I am realy trying ot concentrate on actually eating breakfast which is part of my downfalll. Going to actually try and remember to actually eat real meals instead of snacking.

See how that goes for a week then add and then add exercise.

Hope everyone has a goodnight.

Itryharder
12-27-2012, 10:09 AM
Good morning Turtles,

Life4evr, glad to see you back. So glad you didn't go over 290#. That's an accomplishment. I like you idea of doing something and then adding other skills as you make progress. Good luck!

Yesterday was fine. I allowed myself to "overindulge" on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Now it's time to get back on track. Yesterday wasn't perfect, but I did track everything I ate and went over my points plus by only a few. Had the courage to weigh myself this morning and it wasn't a pretty sight but these "fake pounds" will go away as long as I track. That's a good feeling. I'm trying not to think ahead to the food for New Year's but to only think of today------which happens to be my dh and my anniversary.
Yay! We've been married a long time and we're doing fine. :cheer:

Okay, everybody have a great day! The holidays are tough but we can come out of them okay as long as we try.
Judy

bandit2
12-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Hi everyone - well, we got the snow last night they were calling for, so
after I get myself organized and fed will be heading out to do the 1st official snow shovel of the season.

Enjoyed Christmas Eve (which was at my place & had lots of point friendly options like shrimp & veggie tray to go along with other stuff) and had dinner
Christmas day at my moms which was traditional dinner. Yesterday, was not a good day foodwise, I stayed home and had a lazy day and ate leftovers all day. So today will be a "lighter day" and will actually get out my veggie tray
which got pushed to the back of fridge :-) and finish up my shrimp in a stir-fry

All - hope you are all having a great holiday!

terrod99
12-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Hey all hanging in here!!! Glad to hear from everyone!!!

Snow is here!!! Yeah! Its pretty??? Trying to think positive!!

Did pretty well with the holiday eating, did have too much wine!!!! Stayed away from the desserts, had lots of veggies.
I Am off work for one more week so going to get in some exercise and healthy eating!!!!!!

Glad you are all well!

Terri

Itryharder
12-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Bandit, thanks for the shrimp and veggie tray reminder. Those are both great for New Year's Eve!

Terri, so glad you stayed away from the desserts. That takes a lot of will power!

I'm working the program today. sending :goodvibes: to everyone!
Judy

life4evr
12-27-2012, 11:58 PM
Hmmm it was a horrible eating day today. I skipped breakfast so everything went downhill from there. I can tell when I do not eat right my body really isn't happy with me.

A good friend of mine made a good point. Which was basicly I know you want kids one day and is that extra weight going to help. Which of course it isn't. I guess I should count my stars that my bp has been pretty good so far. Which I now know it was because I was always active my eating was just horrible.

Sorry for the rambling. Coming down from all the sugar and carbs I have had today.

Tomorrow will be better. Hope everyone has a goodnight.

BigMomma135
12-28-2012, 01:01 AM
I am back...in more ways than one! Well, I really enjoyed Christmas Eve and Christmas and Boxing Day...then I weighed myself this am and I gained 8 lbs...but I am hoping it is more water weight than anything else...made me get back on track today that is for sure. starting walking tomorrow again and tracking my food. I feel good about getting back on plan and in control. I am looking forward to sharing with all of you in our journeys to healthy living in the new year to come!

terrod99
12-31-2012, 09:12 AM
Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!!!!

Going to a party taking fruit and veggie tray! Going to take it easy on the food!
Hope everyone has had a good holiday! Heres to a thinner new year-- cheers!

Terri (Thinking thinner for 2013!)

bandit2
12-31-2012, 11:22 AM
Happy New Year, everyone

Tonight going to house party and we are having a sit down dinner followed by dancing, so should be fun. Am taking napa cabbage salad which is really good but not so low cal along with wine.

Heres to everyone having a safe happy evening and starting new year off tomorrow back on track with a game plan for success!

Enjoy!

Itryharder
01-01-2013, 11:39 AM
Hey, I like what you gals have to say.
Terri, I'm thinking thinner for 2013 also!
Bandit, what's your game plan?

Here's mine and if anyone would like I could start a WI thread.
1. Exercise 3X week
2. Track everything even if I end up going over my alloted points plus
3. Smile and try and keep emotions and life in perspective!!

I must say I love you all and I'm wishing all of us a very happy New Year and health and a :goodscale: for us all!

Judy :cool:

life4evr
01-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Hey everyone so I weighed on I gained .6# which could have been worse considering all the salty foods and fast food I have been eating. I have made a conscious effort today to pay attention and track what I am eating. Hope everyone has a goodnight.

bandit2
01-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Hi everyone

Back to work today and all set for a Happy New Year!

Judy - my game plan is to follow WW programme and go to my Tops group also. My official w/i will be from ww. I aways journal - that is 1 thing I am faithful with but am going back to reverse journaling which I found worked better for me. Also, today was garbage day and fridge/cupboards cleaned out from any leftovers/junk food. Will stock up with veggies/fruit and OP friendly foods.
As far as exercise, knee still too sore for walking lots but I have put my 3# weights on coffee table & will use those when commercials are on, also will try my Walk Away Pounds Tape and just do what I can.

Have my food/snack/water packed for the day and chicken defrosting for dinner along with green beans, carrots & rice for dinner.
So all set & ready to go!

Judy - yes, I would like to join in a weight loss thread

Lets do it, ladies!!!

Itryharder
01-02-2013, 05:42 PM
Life, isn't that just the best news that you didn't gain what you thought you would? I am so happy for you!!! :bravo: :balloons: When this happens it just reminds me that we have learned so many good habits over the months or years that we have been doing this and that when we "go off", it's no where near what it would have been.

Big Momma, I hope most of that weight was the water gain you suspect and that most of it is gone by now. :balloons:

Bandit and all the Turtles who would like to do a weekly WI in a separate thread: Which day do you want to make WI day? I'll start it as soon as you like. Let's agree on a day and then I'll set up the thread.

WI today at WW's. Tough day to WI but my friend said she was going to WI and start the year off right. I wasn't going to, but then I thought she made a lot of sense, so I did the same. Weight wasn't pretty and I left onederland by a smidge-----not happy about that, but I expected it. So today has been quite good. I've got a spaghetti squash baking and will have some turkey meatballs with it along with another veg. That should be a decent dinner and it will make me feel "virtuous". Lol

Love that we're keeping this thread going. Here's to a wonderful 2013 filled with all of us reaching our goals. :bravo:
Judy
234.6/200.02/180's and thinner :cool: Let's do this!!!!

life4evr
01-03-2013, 01:53 AM
Itryharder it was great and I know some of it was water weight.

So I worked on the 1st I didn't get off until midnight. Now the McDonalds I passed on the way home. Really was calling my name for some fries. But I didn't stop instead I went home and made an omlet instead. I realize I have to cut back on my salt intake. So I have managed two whole days of tracking everything I put in my mouth.

Hope everyone is doing well.

I am going to keep on tracking everything. Seriously thinking about what I am putting in my mouth. I have realize if I look at the points before I well seriously consider not eating it. So I was going to eat some of the low calorie/reduced fat icecream. Well since it was in the garage in the deep freezer I did not feel like walking out there so I have saved myself. It wasn't on purpose either just how it worked out.

Exercise is going to make it into the program eventually. I have to find some kind of work out that I actually like. So I found a picture of me from 60# ago. Granted I was still overweight, but my blood pressure and everything else looked so much better.

bandit2
01-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Hi turtles

Well, I went to ww and was up 2# (over past 2 weeks with holidays) so
my official weight start for 2013 is 185# and my ww day is Wed night, but
whatever day works best for our weigh in thread is fine for me.

So, new year for us and hope we can all make some good progress on our weight loss journey.

Goal this week is to stay within my points and make a veggie casserole to have on hand as easy side dish.

Have a great weekend & lets drink some extra water today!

Itryharder
01-06-2013, 06:00 PM
I have been working the program really hard. Even when I slip up a bit and eat something I didn't intend to eat, I point it out, track it, and adjust the rest of the food for the day to make it all work out. For example, I did some very early in the morning eating (2 AM to be exact), so I counted it in. Then for lunch I had 2oz. of plain tuna on top of a salad. Not the most exciting food in the world, granted, but the whole salad was 1 point plus. That got me back on track. Later in the day I had fruit and then a no fat Greek yogurt. Now I can postpone my dinner a bit. Hope this isn't TMI or boring, but I like that I am trying so hard and that even when I make a mistake, I can work around it and not throw away the day.

I am going to go over and start our New Year's WI thread. We'll make Wed. our official WI day if that's okay with everyone.
Judy
234.6/????/180's and thinner :cool:

jayohwhy
01-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Hi everyone! I am a rejoiner to weight watchers after calorie counting for the past year. I need something different and need some accountability!

I am very impatient and trying to remember slow and steady wins the race, because in the past I starve myself but pay for it later with being so hungry that I can't control what I eat!

Itryharder
01-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Life, tracking is such a great weigh to go!! :bravo: and :balloons: You are doing it!

Bandit, love your plans. Because of your enthusiasm I set up a thread for weekly WI's for us all. By the way, thinking about my goal of :tread: 3x a week I just did 15 min. I know that's almost nothing......but you know it's 15min. more than I had been doing. Downward and onward!

Jayohwhy (cute, by the weigh), :welcome3: to you! As you chime in, let us know a bit about yourself. I think you'll like this group. We have all had some success with weight loss and are working on reaching even more success. We encourage each other and ask for help. We post recipes and food ideas when we can and keep each others spirits up. Good luck!

Big Momma, how are you doing? I'm sending :goodvibes: that you'll have the chance to chime in and let us know. My weight skyrocketed over the holidays even trying very hard, so I'm trying hard to be OP.

Princess, how is everything? Sending :bravo: for all you do.

Terri, Are you at the gym for walking? I'm getting back on my :tread:

Cherry, how are you and your dh and little guys? You've done great! :bravo:

Okay, gotta run. Check out our thread for WI on Wed. Let's make it a great challenge!
Judy
234.6////???/180's and lower :cool:

CherryAutumn
01-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Hi ladies. I am sorry i have really been missing in action. I guess i am happy where i am right now in weight and am losing just a pound or two a month. I am at about 158 after starting out at a high of 252.

JayOhWhy- welcome. I have done the same thing holding off afraid to eat and then going over board cause i am starving. Try to even out through the day. split up your points in nice doable sections.

Hi to Judy, bigmama, princess, bandit, terri, and Life4evr. Hope i didnt forget anyone. I will try to be better about posting. Keep on keepin on.

ladystarrider
01-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Hi Ladies! I have read through your thread and will join in. I am returning to my online subscription after a number of years. I lost 60 pounds two years ago with Metabolic Research Center - they gave me a lifetime membership for riding their float in our local Christmas parade. The weight is all back and I just never got motivated to keep going back there. I remember having had great success with WW when the Points program first came out back in the 90's, so I thought I'd give it a try. I gained lifetime status at WW years ago for maintaining my goal weight, but alas those pounds also returned, so maintenance will always be an issue for me.
I have a closet full of cute clothes from when I was thinner, and I would sincerely like to be able to wear some of them. Now I am retired from teaching and ready to tackle the full program. My cholesterol is high and I have other health issues, but I am not going to let those things interfere.
I look forward to follow your posts and progress. This will be my accountability group!

Itryharder
01-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Cherry, always glad to hear from you. You are an outstanding Turtle! :bravo: and :cheers: and :cheer: and :balloons: Your success is fabulous. Check in with us when you can . You are an inspiration!

Ladystarrider :welcome3: always room for another Turtle. This is a lovely group of gals (we've had a man join us from time to time) who support and advise each other, and then ask for help as often. let us know a bit about you and we welcome you. What you have done, I've done and I know many of the other Turtles have also. Step one is the accountability. If you'd also like to join us on our other thread we WI on Wednesdays and put our weight down as a challenge.

Gals, I'm doing very well with food. And yestereday I got on the :tread: for 15 min. which is miniscule, but longer than I had been. Today I cleaned house for an hour and then dh and I walked on the boardwalk for 1 1/2miles. Good to be outside. Chilly but sunny. Perfect walking weather.
Judy
I WI tomorrow so I'll sign in for my weight then

jayohwhy
01-08-2013, 05:32 PM
cherryautumn: thanks for the advice! that's an awesome loss to maintain. congratulations! how tall are you?

ladystarrider: hi! i'm totally in your same shoes. i have regained 20 lbs instead of losing the last 15 that I wanted to. my mini goal is to fit in to the clothes I was wearing in may...

itryharder: good job with the food and exercise! I usually weigh in on mondays but I will join in on the wednesday weigh ins!

~~~~~~~~~~~

so i've actually been very good about tracking. I think i like the ww plan vs calorie counting because i feel more encouraged to eat fruits and vegetables and also to track EVERYTHING. when I was calorie counting, I would avoid fruits and vegetables, eat junk, and also feel guilty on days when I ate more. I love my weekly points! however, i get really frustrated because my weigh in days are mondays and I usually eat the bulk of my weeklies over the weekend.

it's a two edged sword, though, because knowing I am weighing in mondays helps me be more careful during the weekends. I think instead of just aiming for weight lost, I am going to aim for how many days I track and follow the plan, and hope that the weight comes off when I do that.

my winter break is over, so i'm back to work (i'm a teacher) and back to school (i'm taking night classes). that combined with church meetings as well as the women's networking group I run are keeping me busy. hopefully having no time will help me eat less. at work I am too busy to really sit down and eat a long lunch, so every few hours I am eating something small like light string cheese or an apple or yogurt...

Itryharder
01-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Hi gals,
Congrats to all of us.
Glad to see new members chiming in.

:bravo: to all of us. I'm down a pound this week and although I expected more, I am glad to have turned the scale in the direction it needs to go.
Judy

bandit2
01-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Hi everyone

Welcome to the new members and hope you are finding this site helpful

Judy - Congrats on your weight loss this week, nice job on turning things around

As I mentioned, stayed same this week. My biggest challenge is
weekend which for me starts Thurs evening so have to really plan ahead
for these 3 days. Tonight going to dance even though my knee is still sore,
thought I could at least dance abit and rest more in between.

For my weekend strategy, I picked up bbq chicken Thurs evening to have on hand for quick lunch/dinners - hope that helps with fastfood temptation.

Weather is great today - so warm for us in January, feels like spring.

Also goal for this year is to really get rid of house clutter. I still have
boxes in basement that haven't been opened in years and every drawer/cupboard/closet is full.

So I want to lose: weight, clutter, old clothes, empty containers, out-dated
items that no one uses.

All - have a great weekend!

Itryharder
01-13-2013, 11:52 AM
hi Turtles,
Bandit, you and I are on the same wavelength with de-cluttering. My husband noticed the glasses we weren't using were taking up space that the mugs we do use . So, I'm sidetracked a bit today by taking care of that.....and in the process noticed that I've got a ton of spices I never use so I'm making a goody bag for one of my WW friends who uses all types of spices in her cooking. She'll be happy to have them, and my cupboard will be happy to have them gone.

I'll start a new thread now since we've gone a little long. See you all over at #285 Bale of Turtles Doing the Right Thing!

Judy