Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Default Really missing the days when I didn't have to worry about the kids

Sort of a rant I guess, but I really miss being able to workout without dealing with the kiddos!!! I can't afford a gym membership right now (and to be fair, I have a full powerlifting gym in my house) but between my boys both waking up & having zero patience for me, I simply can't find myself working out more than 10 minutes!!

Yesterday I made it through ONE interval (1 minute) on the treadmill before my youngest woke screaming. Today I managed to get in 14 minutes of Pauline Nordin's Butt Bible.............

Sigh I guess you don't know what you had until you lose it.

Any wet nurses wanna come visit my house 3x a week for an hour???

I have a jogging stroller but the youngest can't go in it until he's older, he's neck isn't strong enough
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Sacha, before you know it that baby that can't go out in the stroller will be asking for the car keys.
Hang in there !!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #3  

Just to put things in perspective, I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer over the summer while trying to conceive my first baby and will probably have to have a hysterectomy before ever having a baby. I would give ANYTHING to have your problem. Just saying.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #4  
Warrior Princess

Sacha, I totally get it and I only have one child. He's 10 now (and I FINALLY have a gym membership!) but in his earlier years I never had ANY time to myself, and I was also a single mom that worked full-time. Exercise was pretty much out of the question until I could put him in a stroller and walk.

Few more years and you'll have some more breathing room. Kids (boys especially) are hard if you ask me.

Elvis, sorry about your circumstances. If I we're in the right position and had the money I would love to adopt over having another of my own. Not sure how you feel about adoption but I think its a great option and very rewarding.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #5  

Hi,
When my child was 3, I started paying him . Let mommy wokout 30 minutes and you get to feed your piggy bank one dollar. I know ,I know not everybodys cup of tea but hey adults get paid for work and is my mind his keeping quiet was his work.

It worked for me.

Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #6  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

why cant daddy take them for a scheduled amount of time everyday for you?
Who cares if hes 'tired" when he gets home from work? lol. he can suck it up so you can have 30 minutes to yourself.
Is it because youre nursing? Because if you plan on working out right after the little guy feed every afternoon/evening than you should be able to get some time to yourself, kwim? Hes ok if he goes 20 minutes without eating, even if hes crying for it....
Im not trying to be callous, but having time for yourself is incredibly important too.
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #7  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

alot of people say that diet is the MAIN part of weight loss, and exercise is only for fitness and an added bonus....for me personally it is VERY hard to lose weight without exercise...but perhaps focusing on diet instead will help you be successful

my boys are 6 and 15 and i'm finally taking the time i need to exercise at the gym
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #8  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

I wish I had the answer! I didn't lose the weight until my youngest was three. I just found too many excuses as to why I couldn't irk out and eat right. Mostly stress and the ever-changing needs of the kiddos.

I would give anything to have been smart and dedicated when they were smaller! Can hubby take a shift? Do you have a neighbor or friend who you can swap babysitting with a couple of times per week?
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

You don't have to put him in a jogging stroller to go out. How old is the oldest? Put baby in a sling, the older one in a regular stroller and take a walk. A walk may not be as good as a run, but it sure is better than nothing.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Thx girls... my youngest is only a few weeks old, I just really miss training without distractions.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #11  

That's a tough one, I'm so sorry for what you are going through that has got to be frustrating! Try asking your husband for a half hour of his time when he gets home from work to watch the kids while you sneak in a workout.
Just remember every little bit counts, if you are able to get in those 10 min workouts 2 or 3 times a day that's great! Try squeezing in a set of squats when emptying the dishwasher or lifting your babies. You can turn entertaining them into a fitness routine all in your own. Just cause it's not a scheduled exercise routine doesn't mean it won't do anything for your body and health! Hang in there! Try not to lose that motivation!
Jentry07 is offline   Reply With Quote