Ideal Protein Diet - IP Weekend Chat Sat & Sun December 8&9, 2012

lisa32989
12-08-2012, 07:03 AM
:welcome3:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

maezy1
12-08-2012, 07:28 AM
Putting up the Christmas tree today. I think that I'll make an IP ornament!!!!

tam67green
12-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Maezy, we are doing our Christmas tree today, too! Well, we are going a tree farm to cut one down. We probably won't be able to decorate it until tomorrow because my son and hubby are going to a Boy Scout thing for most of the day. But today should see the outcome of the battle between me and my husband about where we will put the tree. ;) We got new furniture back in the spring, and not sure how the tree will fit in the living room in it's customary place.

I went Christmas shopping yesterday, and decided to get myself some new pants and new bras, as well. I got a pair of pants that were 2 sizes smaller than I bought back in the spring (last time I bought pants), tried them on, but had to put them back and ended up buying pants that were 3 sizes smaller! :carrot:

We went to a handbell concert and out to dinner last night. We went to a steak house and I ordered a dry-grilled steak NO BUTTER , asparagus NO BUTTER and broccoli NO BUTTER. The waiter looked at me a little oddly, but said OK. It was all very good and didn't taste like it had butter, but I'm paranoid that it did. I guess Wednesday's weigh in will tell the tale!

Have a great day, IPeeps! :)

KathrynRose
12-08-2012, 08:37 AM
I weigh daily. On Wednesday I had surgery. My weight went up FIVE pounds between Wednesday morning and Thursday morning. My husband's weight also went up five pounds that night. Both of us have come down two pounds since then. He did not have surgery. I have two theories. 1 the sugar in the saline bags really messed me up big time. 2 our scale is broken in some way. It could be a combination of the two, all I know is that I don't want to weigh in today.

libertybelle
12-08-2012, 08:39 AM
Christmas tree going up here today as well!

Tam, that is such an exciting accomplishment.... excited for you!

I dreamed my husband wanted to get 'frisky' but I kept telling him, "I need to check if that is on IP first, " "just let me check the IP sheet," "at least let me go check the board. "

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

bubbleblower
12-08-2012, 08:47 AM
I weigh daily. On Wednesday I had surgery. My weight went up FIVE pounds between Wednesday morning and Thursday morning. My husband's weight also went up five pounds that night. Both of us have come down two pounds since then. He did not have surgery. I have two theories. 1 the sugar in the saline bags really messed me up big time. 2 our scale is broken in some way. It could be a combination of the two, all I know is that I don't want to weigh in today.

Weight gain after surgery is normal. Between sedation, IV fluids, and swelling (depending on the type of surgery you had), weight normally increases immediately afterward. Give it some time and it should level back out.

lisa32989
12-08-2012, 08:51 AM
If you had only saline, that is salt, rather than sugar. IVs with glucose have sugar. However, surgery causes inflammation (swelling). Inflammation is water.
I would recommend not monitoring your weight until the swelling goes down.

Addtionally, if you are over-monitoring your weight (weighing often), IP recommends weighing weekly.

Either way, neither of you gained fat. This is one of the reasons we are not supposed to micromanage our weight. There are too many variables that can cause the scales to stall or go up (water retention, how "regular" we are, what we recently ate or didn't eat, hormones, and on and on)

Focus on healing and not stressing over the weight.:)

KathrynRose
12-08-2012, 09:01 AM
I am actually not sure of what was in the bags besides water, I just call them all saline bags because I am not a doctor or a nurse. I know I got at least two bags, but I don't know how many I got during surgery, just one after and one before. They gave me the one after because my blood pressure was at 92/60.

Fishette
12-08-2012, 09:14 AM
KathrynRose- It's sweet that your husband gained 2 pounds also. I bet that is because he cares about you and was worried with all you are going through...sympathy pounds. :)

Yaelbelle- ROFL - are we not IP obsessed!!!

Nolawhodatchick
12-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Good morning everyone!

I didn't get to scan yesterday's daily thread until late last night. There were some amazing accomplishments there! I wish I could remember them all, but CONGRAT to all, and especially to making 100 lbs lost! WOW!

Hey, Hey, guess who's half-way? This girl! :)

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

rainbowsmiles
12-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Putting up the Christmas tree today. I think that I'll make an IP ornament!!!!

ooooh great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! post a photo of what you make!!!

Christmas tree going up here today as well!

Tam, that is such an exciting accomplishment.... excited for you!

I dreamed my husband wanted to get 'frisky' but I kept telling him, "I need to check if that is on IP first, " "just let me check the IP sheet," "at least let me go check the board. "

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

that is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS FOR THE MORNING LAUGH!!!!!!!!!!

kileymed13
12-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Congrats to Halfagain for reaching 100 lbs lost!!!! What a great accomplishment.

Starting our weekend full of birthday, house warming and holiday parties!! Going shopping this morning to be prepared for all of the food I will come in contact with. Have a great weekend everyone!

Fishette
12-08-2012, 09:21 AM

You sure are! Whodat half-way girl!!! It's all down hill from here.

Nolawhodatchick
12-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Congrats to Halfagain for reaching 100 lbs lost!!!! What a great accomplishment.

Starting our weekend full of birthday, house warming and holiday parties!! Going shopping this morning to be prepared for all of the food I will come in contact with. Have a great weekend everyone!

YES! Thank you so much for reminding me who had this great accomplishment! I read it so late and couldn't remember.

CONGRATS Halfagain! You ROCK!!!:celebrate:

Minch
12-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Happy weekend peeps! I'm going to start my day by going lamp shopping! We bought new living room furniture the other day that will be delivered on the 15th so now I need new lamps to go along with our new contemporary look! It's going to be fun redecorating...but wish I had more talents in this area!

Also, I think I may try the new IP pasta this weekend. I hear it's very good!

lisa32989
12-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Happy weekend peeps! I'm going to start my day by going lamp shopping! We bought new living room furniture the other day that will be delivered on the 15th so now I need new lamps to go along with our new contemporary look! It's going to be fun redecorating...but wish I had more talents in this area!

I'm so happy to hear I'm not the only one who feels less-than-stellar skills in the area of decorating.
Have fun shopping!

rainbowsmiles
12-08-2012, 10:03 AM
i wish i had more talent in that area too!! my moms house looks the same....every year...like it came out of a magazine photo shoot!!!

maezy1
12-08-2012, 10:36 AM

I have surgery in 11 days. I expect that my weight will do the same thing but hopefully I'll be too sedated to notice! My weight will be up for a while because my knee will be so swollen so I'll just have to adjust
I weigh daily as well, think weighing is a personal preference. The ups and downs don't bother me in fact I am fascinated by them. I am in awe of what the body does to create checks and balances on its own and it also proves to me that even being 100%OP doesn't guarantee weight loss every week

maezy1
12-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Good morning everyone!

I didn't get to scan yesterday's daily thread until late last night. There were some amazing accomplishments there! I wish I could remember them all, but CONGRAT to all, and especially to making 100 lbs lost! WOW!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

CONGRATS NOLA!!!!!!!

Nolawhodatchick
12-08-2012, 10:46 AM
CONGRATS NOLA!!!!!!!

Thanks, and best of luck with your surgery. I will be thinking of you and wishing you uncomplicated and speedy recovery.

Hgamroth
12-08-2012, 10:49 AM
The snow is hovering, waiting to dump on us today and brrrrrrrrr! I am hoping the snow holds off until we are finished unloading the Bountiful Basket truck. Today is my day to open up the school and unload. It is going to be an extra packet day today for sure. I am also going to do some major cleaning out of the refrigerator and pantry today. The in-laws are coming in 2 weeks and with finals, kid concerts and activities, Christmas parties, and a weekend get away with DH, this weekend is my ONLY time. I bought a new dress for my husbands Christmas party next weekend. I am still SO uncomfortable in dresses. I have wore a sweater dress a couple of times but it is thick covers me pretty well. Sometimes I still see myself over 200 pounds in my mind and I am incredibly self conscious so, wearing a dress scares me. Do any of you ladies feel this? I look at dresses and drool but do not have the confidence to purchase or see myself in them. I do wear skirts now but I like having the top cover my hips. Old habits....

Alma4343
12-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Good Saturday morning everyone! I have a busy, but fun day today. Going to spin class and then coffee with a friend I have not seen in a while. Another friend is coming by with a pile of ski jackets for me to try on to borrow since mine don't fit. She is bringing her 2 year old I have not seen in a while so i am very excited. Then I have a fun Christmas party tonight. I am having a professional do my makeup! Also, my sister helped me pick out an outfit when I visited her a couple weeks ago, so I feel really good in it. I even made myself new jewelry to wear with it.

Hgamroth: You have such a cute figure, you would look great in a dress. If you can pull off a sweater dress, you can wear almost any dress. I worry about my hips too, but like to go for dresses that are smaller in the waist and kind of flair out from there, I think that style would look gorgeous on you!

yaelbelle: Using IP to get out of "frisky time" in your dreams is so funny. I really did laugh out loud when I read this.

KathrynRose: That surgery weight will come off. Focus on healing, it will be gone soon.

tam67green: 3 sizes smaller AND in pants! WOW! Congratulations, that is so awesome!

Rainbow: I saw your dress pictures on another thread. Which one did you pick? You could not go wrong with either. My you are so beautiful!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Hgamroth
12-08-2012, 11:08 AM
Good Saturday morning everyone! I have a busy, but fun day today. Going to spin class and then coffee with a friend I have not seen in a while. Another friend is coming by with a pile of ski jackets for me to try on to borrow since mine don't fit. She is bringing her 2 year old I have not seen in a while so i am very excited. Then I have a fun Christmas party tonight. I am having a professional do my makeup! Also, my sister helped me pick out an outfit when I visited her a couple weeks ago, so I feel really good in it. I even made myself new jewelry to wear with it.

Hgamroth: You have such a cute figure, you would look great in a dress. If you can pull off a sweater dress, you can wear almost any dress. I worry about my hips too, but like to go for dresses that are smaller in the waist and kind of flair out from there, I think that style would look gorgeous on you!

Have fun at your party and post pics of your outfit!!! A friend of mine has been trying to talk me into a spin class. How intense is it?

Alma4343
12-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Have fun at your party and post pics of your outfit!!! A friend of mine has been trying to talk me into a spin class. How intense is it?

I LOVE spin. You can really control the intensity by how fast you pedal and how much you turn up the dial. However, I do remember my first one ever seemed incredibly hard, it is MUCH easier just your second time as you get more use to it. But, if you focus on just figuring it out and not going too hard your first class you will love it. I do take it a little easier now in my IP days. I just don't have the energy to go all out like I did before. So, I am trying to keep in the habit for now. I typically burn between 380 and 500 calories during a class (I use a heart rate monitor). I try to keep to the lower amount right now. But, If I keep losing at near this rate I will be back to pushing myself soon. If the music is good, it really helps. The time flies by.

Hgamroth
12-08-2012, 11:19 AM
I LOVE spin. You can really control the intensity by how fast you pedal and how much you turn up the dial. However, I do remember my first one ever seemed incredibly hard, it is MUCH easier just your second time as you get more use to it. But, if you focus on just figuring it out and not going too hard your first class you will love it. I do take it a little easier now in my IP days. I just don't have the energy to go all out like I did before. So, I am trying to keep in the habit for now. I typically burn between 380 and 500 calories during a class (I use a heart rate monitor). I try to keep to the lower amount right now. But, If I keep losing at near this rate I will be back to pushing myself soon. If the music is good, it really helps. The time flies by.

So do you eat a restricted before and add a packet after?

scorbett1103
12-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Happy Saturday IPeeps!

Holly, you will rock any dress you put on. Look at your tiny self! I know ALL about the body dysmorphia that goes on - I look at those pictures that I post in the What are you Wearing thread and all I see are fat thighs. Yet I KNOW I have lost over 50lbs and I fit into pants that I couldn't get past my knees six months ago. Our brains conspire against us. Thank goodness for all of the encouragement on this board!

Today will be a bit of a challenge - the kids were invited to a birthday party at one of the local "fun centers" - which means pizza, cake, candy, soda and overall mayhem. It's been a while since I've had to deal with a social situation like this, plus this happens to be a MAJOR hungry week for me - must be a WHOOSH because I can't seem to fill my hollow leg this week! I had a HealthWise pancake for breakfast, and I think I'm going to make myself an egg white omelet with some mushrooms before the party as a snack. I have a Proti Diet hazelnut bar for my lunch, I figure the chocolate goodness will keep my mind off the cake! Going to plan a big dinner with salmon, roasted brussel sprouts, cauli rice and salad. Here's hoping it all works!

Alma4343
12-08-2012, 11:28 AM
So do you eat a restricted before and add a packet after?

I usually go to workout right after I have a breakfast shake and then I have another unrestricted after class. If I have not recently eaten, I will have a least a 1/2 unrestricted before and save the other 1/2 for after. If I don't have something around an hour before I go, I feel weak. Hope this helps. I know the IP protocol says a packet within an hour after working out.

Fishette
12-08-2012, 11:37 AM
My officemate and I were just talking yesterday about how I feel exactly the same as before I lost 30 pounds. I know I'm wearing slacks I couldn't get past my knees 4 months ago, and I have a much easier time going up stairs, but when I'm sitting as my desk working on the computer I feel exactly the same. Perhaps once I start back into exercising it will be more real to me. For now, I only notice when I'm getting dressed in the morning or if I see myself in a mirror. Then again, I have an intellectually demanding job, so maybe I just don't think in the physical world very often. :o

maezy1
12-08-2012, 01:19 PM
OMG! OMG!! OMG!!!!!! Just went to buy my son a few more Christmas gifts at JCP and decided to stop and try on a few pair of pants. Go into the 16W and was so excited then wanted to see how close I was to the regular dept so I tried on a pair of 18 reg Lee pants THEY FIT! I was crying in the dressing room! I was in the regular dept! no I AM in regular pants now! I went to find some others and found some really cute Liz Claiborne's. SO I tried on the 18's. they didn't fit because they were too big!!!!! I had to go to a size 16!!! me, in a size 16!!!! they fit! they fit! THANK YOU IP BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH MORE TO MY iPEEPS!!!!!! I could not have gotten this far without yall!! I know I have a lot further to go but I'm going to let this natural buzz take me over for a few hours, ok for a lot longer!

rainbowsmiles
12-08-2012, 02:58 PM
I have surgery in 11 days. I expect that my weight will do the same thing but hopefully I'll be too sedated to notice! My weight will be up for a while because my knee will be so swollen so I'll just have to adjust
I weigh daily as well, think weighing is a personal preference. The ups and downs don't bother me in fact I am fascinated by them. I am in awe of what the body does to create checks and balances on its own and it also proves to me that even being 100%OP doesn't guarantee weight loss every week

will be keeping you in my prayers....stay strong. this too shall pass!! :hug::hug::hug:

The snow is hovering, waiting to dump on us today and brrrrrrrrr! I am hoping the snow holds off until we are finished unloading the Bountiful Basket truck. Today is my day to open up the school and unload. It is going to be an extra packet day today for sure. I am also going to do some major cleaning out of the refrigerator and pantry today. The in-laws are coming in 2 weeks and with finals, kid concerts and activities, Christmas parties, and a weekend get away with DH, this weekend is my ONLY time. I bought a new dress for my husbands Christmas party next weekend. I am still SO uncomfortable in dresses. I have wore a sweater dress a couple of times but it is thick covers me pretty well. Sometimes I still see myself over 200 pounds in my mind and I am incredibly self conscious so, wearing a dress scares me. Do any of you ladies feel this? I look at dresses and drool but do not have the confidence to purchase or see myself in them. I do wear skirts now but I like having the top cover my hips. Old habits....

snow snow snow LE sigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i want some snow!!!!!

Rainbow: I saw your dress pictures on another thread. Which one did you pick? You could not go wrong with either. My you are so beautiful!

awwww you are so sweet!!!! thank you!!! i think i am going with the blue one...but the black one is still tempting me!! haha

My officemate and I were just talking yesterday about how I feel exactly the same as before I lost 30 pounds. I know I'm wearing slacks I couldn't get past my knees 4 months ago, and I have a much easier time going up stairs, but when I'm sitting as my desk working on the computer I feel exactly the same. Perhaps once I start back into exercising it will be more real to me. For now, I only notice when I'm getting dressed in the morning or if I see myself in a mirror. Then again, I have an intellectually demanding job, so maybe I just don't think in the physical world very often. :o

stairs....yes stairs...isn't is awesome to be able to go up and down stairs with ease!! i used to CLING ON FOR DEAR LIFE...going down stairs...and took 1 step then both feet then 1 step then both feet, and now, i can walk down them normally and without even having to hold on!! its amazing how losing weight effects so many areas of our lives we don't even think about.

today, while riding in the car, i looked down ans saw my thighs...
i was like...wow, i can see my legs. before, all i saw was this round rotunda of a belly. that belly is getting flatter and it no longer obstructs my lower half view!!

when i take photos now of my foods for the recipe thread, i no longer have to suck in my gut, to get it out of the shot!! TMI i'm sure!! sorry :rofl: i noticed in some shots, i see toes!! imagine that!!...seeing my toes while looking downward....something i haven't seen in 25 plus years!!!

HELLO TOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG! OMG!! OMG!!!!!! Just went to buy my son a few more Christmas gifts at JCP and decided to stop and try on a few pair of pants. Go into the 16W and was so excited then wanted to see how close I was to the regular dept so I tried on a pair of 18 reg Lee pants THEY FIT! I was crying in the dressing room! I was in the regular dept! no I AM in regular pants now! I went to find some others and found some really cute Liz Claiborne's. SO I tried on the 18's. they didn't fit because they were too big!!!!! I had to go to a size 16!!! me, in a size 16!!!! they fit! they fit! THANK YOU IP BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH MORE TO MY iPEEPS!!!!!! I could not have gotten this far without yall!! I know I have a lot further to go but I'm going to let this natural buzz take me over for a few hours, ok for a lot longer!

omg!!! i just FEEL your excitement right through the screen!!!!!!!!!!!
i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! way to go!!!!!!!!!!! it must feel totally absolutely freakin FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shedit
12-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Rainbow I am pulling for the blue dress, it is so festive. And NYE is made for black and white! You look stunning either way.
Congrats to all of the IP accomplishments, I am so confident because of reading about what y'all have done. Have a TERRIFIC weekend. I am 2 weeks and 4 days into IP, it is a sweet spot for sure, inches and pounds vanishing, old "new" clothes fitting again...cannot wait for my weight loss ticker!

Alma4343
12-08-2012, 04:20 PM

EXCELLENT. Can you believe it fun in the dressing room!?! No more dressing room stress. I am so excited for you. You are doing GREAT!

lisa32989
12-08-2012, 04:31 PM
snow snow snow LE sigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i want some snow!!!!!
Cold, wet, sloppy, turns gray, then black quickly
Causes car accidents
Extremely overrated
Just saying...
Here ya go :)
:snowglo:
Much better

Edited: forgot to mention: gotta shovel it

breezie68
12-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Whew. Made it through my first weighin during TOM. -4.5. Happy with that result! I love being in control now!

Hgamroth
12-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Causes car accidents
Extremely overrated
Just saying...
Much better

LOVE THE SNOW!!!
BEAUTIFUL, FLUFFY, CHRISTMAS SNOW!!! Snowman and snow fort building snow!!!

Much needed moisture for our trees, grass etc....TOO many forest fires last year. We are celebrating!!! Dancing in our boots, hats, gloves, scarves and beautiful (smaller sized) coats! :D

rainbowsmiles
12-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Rainbow I am pulling for the blue dress, it is so festive. And NYE is made for black and white! You look stunning either way.
Congrats to all of the IP accomplishments, I am so confident because of reading about what y'all have done. Have a TERRIFIC weekend. I am 2 weeks and 4 days into IP, it is a sweet spot for sure, inches and pounds vanishing, old "new" clothes fitting again...cannot wait for my weight loss ticker!

shedit...YOU ARE DOING AN AMAZING JOB!! and it only gets better!! keep up what you are doing because its obvious that you are doing it right!! seems like you have a good plan and are making it happen!! so thrilled for you!!!!!!!!!!!:hug::hug:
ps...thank you so much for the compliments :)

Causes car accidents
Extremely overrated
Just saying...
Much better

TRUE TRUE TRUE all true....however....
beautiful scenery, cleans the air....and you get to build a snowman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MonicaKolesnik
12-08-2012, 06:50 PM

OMG back at you!! I love this so much and am so happy for you. This will be my reaction if I ever get out of the big girl sizes!! :)

Rainbow I am definitely a fan of the back dress you look gorgeous in both but the black just looks so classy to me (but then again I am a small town girl from saskatchewan who has only wore one dress in my life) so go with your instincts :hug:

Sammie12
12-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Hi everyone hope your all having a great weekend. Went today to wi & get measured but my coach was out sick so have to wait till Tuesday. Weight at home & saw I was down so in 4wks 20lbs gone. So loving this diet...

Bella73123
12-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Well, I don't normally check in on the weekends...but I'm doing my best not to get too far off track. I have decided, after much thought and consideration, to continue on a "modified" program. My goal for right now, will not be to lose any weight, but rather to maintain where I am until things have calmed down somewhat in the stress department. I think for now it is the best that I can manage. Stress and lack of sleep are two major factors when you are trying to lose weight...and I have way to much of one...and not nearly enough of the other lol. So I will do my best to stick as close as possible to the program, and also not to "stress" eat, as I feel that this is a massive issue I need to learn to deal with. However, I am not going to beat myself up if I can't manage to stay 100%, as it just makes things so much worse for me. Baby steps I guess. I really applaud those of you that can stay 100% on this program. I know that there will be a point that I can be 100%, just not right at the moment. Right now I am going to concentrate on coming up with new ways to handle my stress, in the end I think this will benefit me more than anything else.

Chloe222
12-08-2012, 10:38 PM

Maezy,
I just so loved your post and am so excited for you!! Yes, bask in the joy and know there are more of these wonderful moments to come!

Well, I don't normally check in on the weekends...but I'm doing my best not to get too far off track. I have decided, after much thought and consideration, to continue on a "modified" program. My goal for right now, will not be to lose any weight, but rather to maintain where I am until things have calmed down somewhat in the stress department. I think for now it is the best that I can manage. Stress and lack of sleep are two major factors when you are trying to lose weight...and I have way to much of one...and not nearly enough of the other lol. So I will do my best to stick as close as possible to the program, and also not to "stress" eat, as I feel that this is a massive issue I need to learn to deal with. However, I am not going to beat myself up if I can't manage to stay 100%, as it just makes things so much worse for me. Baby steps I guess. I really applaud those of you that can stay 100% on this program. I know that there will be a point that I can be 100%, just not right at the moment. Right now I am going to concentrate on coming up with new ways to handle my stress, in the end I think this will benefit me more than anything else.
Bella, It sounds like you are doing what's best for you right now. Just maintaining for a while and being proud of doing that while coping with the rest of your life is a major accomplishment - it's not easy to maintain, so be gentle on yourself. Promise yourself you will be back on IP as soon as you can muster the discipline and all the while that you maintain, try to stay in touch with the board. Best wishes.

blessedamberly
12-09-2012, 09:02 AM
Happy Sunday all! I have not been on here at all lately because of life and whatnot in general. The holiday area always gets to be a little overwhelming for me, but I am trying to take it a little slower this year- so far not the best luck. Spent all day yesterday making cookies with my mom and grandma- so happy I did not even have the urge to try one! Had a big weigh-in week this week- hit 50lbs lost mark and passed it up too!
Getting ready for 8plus inches of snow today- BRING IT ON! I just want a nice white christmas.

lisa32989
12-09-2012, 10:03 AM
I LOVE spin too. I had to stop b/c of hip problems that developed. I went for Physical Therapy but then started gaining weight and here I am. I'm re-starting the PT exercises (went to 2 different docs and 3 different PTs before I found a regimen that really worked for me). Re-start necessary b/c the foot problems and eventual surgery put me "back". IP is moving me forward! I may get a home spin bike at goal.
When I go back to spin, I'll probably start with 15 min of the class and build up to the whole class. Just getting the butt used to the seat is an ordeal :o
But hip rehab first!

Whew. Made it through my first weigh in during TOM. -4.5. Happy with that result! I love being in control now!
It doesn't take long to regain control, does it? Congrats! You'll be AMAZED a few weeks from now
LOVE THE SNOW!!!
BEAUTIFUL, FLUFFY, CHRISTMAS SNOW!!! Snowman and snow fort building snow!!!

Much needed moisture for our trees, grass etc....TOO many forest fires last year. We are celebrating!!! Dancing in our boots, hats, gloves, scarves and beautiful (smaller sized) coats! :D

All true. The drought has been horrible. I live in the city. It just gets so yuck so fast and snow does not stay pretty long (and in STL, melts pretty quickly anyway) I'm just good with the rain. I am ALL FOR everyone else enjoying their snow! I'll be the snow Grinch. (Oh wait. The Grinch didn't like anyone else liking it either...oh well you go ahead and enjoy!)
Hi everyone hope your all having a great weekend. Went today to wi & get measured but my coach was out sick so have to wait till Tuesday. Weight at home & saw I was down so in 4wks 20lbs gone. So loving this diet...
Me too! That's why I'm still here and will be until the bitter end.

Had a big weigh-in week this week- hit 50lbs lost mark and passed it up too!
Getting ready for 8plus inches of snow today- BRING IT ON! I just want a nice white christmas.
Enjoy your snow (says the snow Grinch). But a HUGE congrats on your WI. 50 lbs in 12 weeks! WOW!

I have decided, after much thought and consideration, to continue on a "modified" program. My goal for right now, will not be to lose any weight, but rather to maintain where I am until things have calmed down somewhat in the stress department.
Bella: I know this was a difficult decision for you but I also know that stress does nothing good for weight loss and frustration sets in. Please hang out with us so you don't get too far off track. We want you to maintain all of your hard work so that when life calms down a bit and you are ready for the "last 30" you're still where you are now.

Nolawhodatchick
12-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Catching up for the weekend! Official weigh in for week 9, -2.2 lbs! Very happy with this as it's been a slow week and I didn't think I was going to break -2.

... I got a pair of pants that were 2 sizes smaller than I bought back in the spring (last time I bought pants), tried them on, but had to put them back and ended up buying pants that were 3 sizes smaller! :carrot: QUOTE]

THREE sizes??? Incredible! :carrot:

[QUOTE=yaelbelle;4551076]I dreamed my husband wanted to get 'frisky' but I kept telling him, "I need to check if that is on IP first, " "just let me check the IP sheet," "at least let me go check the board. "QUOTE]

Oh, my! lol! Well, I guess it depends on what Phase you are in. You are supposed to limit exercise in Phase 1! :rofl:

[QUOTE=Hgamroth;4551159]I bought a new dress for my husbands Christmas party next weekend. I am still SO uncomfortable in dresses...Sometimes I still see myself over 200 pounds in my mind and I am incredibly self conscious so, wearing a dress scares me. Do any of you ladies feel this?

You will rock that dress!

My officemate and I were just talking yesterday about how I feel exactly the same as before I lost 30 pounds. I know I'm wearing slacks I couldn't get past my knees 4 months ago, and I have a much easier time going up stairs, but when I'm sitting as my desk working on the computer I feel exactly the same.

Hgamroth and Fishette-

I also feel the same as before I gained the weight. I have problems with correct body perception...I feel like I look the same whether I am big or small. It's like I live so "in my head" that I'm detached from how my body looks. It's not about shame over how I look, guilt, or avoidance, it's very strange. It's part of what got me in this shape to begin with...I really didn't see how big I was getting when I looked in the mirror. And now, I really don't see how small I am getting. I have been this way all my life. I learned some time ago that I cannot rely on the mirror because of this. I have to rely on the scale, know ing that I am exercising, and on the fact that I am making healthy food choices.

OMG! OMG!! OMG!!!!!!

......I had to go to a size 16!!! me, in a size 16!!!! they fit! they fit!

CONGRATS!!! :woohoo:

Whew. Made it through my first weighin during TOM. -4.5. Happy with that result! I love being in control now!

Weight at home & saw I was down so in 4wks 20lbs gone. So loving this diet...

Great job ladies! (I'd take 4.5 with TOM anyday!)

I have decided, after much thought and consideration, to continue on a "modified" program. My goal for right now, will not be to lose any weight, but rather to maintain where I am until things have calmed down somewhat in the stress department. I think for now it is the best that I can manage. Stress and lack of sleep are two major factors when you are trying to lose weight...

Best of luck, Bella! I do find this diet to be much harder with lack of sleep. It's as though I just don't have enough calories to get by if I don't sleep regularly. I hope things calm down for you soon.

And last of all, RAINBOW, where are these dress pictures? I'm dying to see!!!! And I tried Jimaca chips with vinegar and salt...omg, much closer to potato chips than kale chips! TY so much for the idea, love them!!!

Nitney72
12-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Good morning everyone. I just have to say how much I love reading your posts and comments to each other. You certainly support and inspire each other to get over the rough spots.

One question- exercise- my IP Dr (chiro) won't let me exercise while I'm on phase 1. I would actually like to start doing light yoga but he says NO- the weight needs to come off first. I trust him- the results I've had and the results OTHERS have had who've worked with him are amazing. SO- those of you exercising- is it coach approved??

Also- down 20+ and I went shopping in my closet. 3 pairs of jeans, 3 skirts and 2 dress pants fit again!! (well, they're tight but another week and I'll be good to go!)

maezy1
12-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Good Sunday morning all! Grey and gloomy here but after the rain passes it will cool down. We go from AC to heat in a day. My hubby bought me several pairs of size 16 pants for Christmas and the scale moved down 4 lbs. Life is good.
I'm jumping on the alternative wagon as of, well whenever my nashua order comes in. I've been doing pure protein bars for a week and when the scale didn't move I freaked a little thinking that I was eating too much but today proved that alternatives do work!
Off to Sam's !

lisa32989
12-09-2012, 11:56 AM
One question- exercise- my IP Dr (chiro) won't let me exercise while I'm on phase 1. I would actually like to start doing light yoga but he says NO- the weight needs to come off first. I trust him- the results I've had and the results OTHERS have had who've worked with him are amazing. SO- those of you exercising- is it coach approved??

Short answer: gentle exercise is allowed on P1 after your body gets used to the protocol, typically after the first month. We get to make our decisions for our bodies but need to do so with full info. More info on exercise on this thread Exercise (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/205608-exercise.html)

Catching up for the weekend! Official weigh in for week 9, -2.2 lbs! Very happy with this as it's been a slow week and I didn't think I was going to break -2.

And I tried Jicama chips with vinegar and salt...omg, much closer to potato chips than kale chips! TY so much for the idea, love them!!!
Great WI, congrats! Nothing slow about that!
I tried Jicama hash browns and wasn't a fan (I might try daikon radish HBs...I heard it is closer to a potato in behavior and flavor than to a radish, and low carb, too!). Now I have another taste sensation to try. Sunday nite is my Kale Chip making nite but they'll keep. I'll make Jicama chips too!

LizRR
12-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Havent caught up yet...but just reporting I finished my Half Marathon with a new PR of 1:58:51! I made my sub-2:00:00 goal with juuust a little bit to spare! Now time to catch up while I take the train home! Oh, and TOM started yesterday too so hopefully these pesky water lbs will finally flush out!!

Shedit
12-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Havent caught up yet...but just reporting I finished my Half Marathon with a new PR of 1:58:51! I made my sub-2:00:00 goal with juuust a little bit to spare! Now time to catch up while I take the train home! Oh, and TOM started yesterday too so hopefully these pesky water lbs will finally flush out!!

Congrats on your great time on your .5 marathon. Very impressive! You have come a long way!:carrot:

Wild wire
12-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Hi everyone, I have been reading all your posts for a couple of months now and you are all so inspiring!
Speaking of TOM-is it normal to have it all the time while on IP? I started IP on Oct 31 & have had my TOM everyday since Nov 2. I usually don't get one or much of one normally.

I will try to post more & become more involved!

Thanks, Shauna

maezy1
12-09-2012, 01:59 PM
LizR CONGRATS!!!!

scorbett1103
12-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Liz, great job!!!

Hi everyone, I have been reading all your posts for a couple of months now and you are all so inspiring!
Speaking of TOM-is it normal to have it all the time while on IP? I started IP on Oct 31 & have had my TOM everyday since Nov 2. I usually don't get one or much of one normally.

I will try to post more & become more involved!

Thanks, Shauna

Welcome! Yes, it is VERY common for TOM to get wonky on Ideal Protein. Women store estrogen in their fat cells. When you experience rapid weight loss, that estrogen is released in higher amounts into your system than with slower losing. Extra estrogen means messed-up periods, moodiness, more PMS...but it does eventually even out :) I actually had the OPPOSITE problem, I missed my first period on IP completely. Then it showed up twice in a month :)

NinjaNurse
12-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Causes car accidents
Extremely overrated
Just saying...
Much better

I completely agree. It only looks good falling on Christmas eve or day.

rainbowsmiles
12-09-2012, 03:18 PM

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! 4.5 and tom too!! well done!! you are off to a FANTASTIC START!!!!!! can't wait to watch your journey!!

:cp: :bravo: way to go on 20 gone in 4 weeks!!! THAT IS AMAZING!!!

:hug::hug: Beautiful Bella....i applaud you for knowing yourself well enough to make this tough decision!! That is what i love about IP...you can tailor it to fit your own personal needs!! I wish you all the best during this busy and often stressful time....and look forward to ringing in the new year...with a new you....and a new plan!!! YOU GOT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maezy,
I just so loved your post and am so excited for you!! Yes, bask in the joy and know there are more of these wonderful moments to come!

Bella, It sounds like you are doing what's best for you right now. Just maintaining for a while and being proud of doing that while coping with the rest of your life is a major accomplishment - it's not easy to maintain, so be gentle on yourself. Promise yourself you will be back on IP as soon as you can muster the discipline and all the while that you maintain, try to stay in touch with the board. Best wishes.

:wave: hi chloe :) Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Sunday all! I have not been on here at all lately because of life and whatnot in general. The holiday area always gets to be a little overwhelming for me, but I am trying to take it a little slower this year- so far not the best luck. Spent all day yesterday making cookies with my mom and grandma- so happy I did not even have the urge to try one! Had a big weigh-in week this week- hit 50lbs lost mark and passed it up too!

BRING IT ON is right!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the holidays can sometimes be extremely overwhelming to me too!! but we are smart ladies and WE CAN HANDLE IT!! Its hard when you have family and little ones and baking things!! Stay strong and just honestly, DO THE BEST YOU CAN DO...and then HOLD YOUR HEAD UP HIGH!! thats all anyone can do really!!! :)
hugssssssssssss :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I also feel the same as before I gained the weight. I have problems with correct body perception...I feel like I look the same whether I am big or small. It's like I live so "in my head" that I'm detached from how my body looks. It's not about shame over how I look, guilt, or avoidance, it's very strange. It's part of what got me in this shape to begin with...I really didn't see how big I was getting when I looked in the mirror. And now, I really don't see how small I am getting. I have been this way all my life. I learned some time ago that I cannot rely on the mirror because of this. I have to rely on the scale, know ing that I am exercising, and on the fact that I am making healthy food choices.

And last of all, RAINBOW, where are these dress pictures? I'm dying to see!!!! And I tried Jimaca chips with vinegar and salt...omg, much closer to potato chips than kale chips! TY so much for the idea, love them!!!

NOLA :cp: :encore: :cheer: yeah...another 2.2 pounds!!! i totally understand about body perception!!! that is why i will do my photos side by side!! then i can see it. but when i look in the mirror i cant really see it.

here are the photos...i was trying to decide about a black dress or a blue dress....the story is here if you want to read about it!!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270748-fabulous-fifty-home-those-us-50-older-ip-volume-7-a-12.html

in the end i went with the blue dress! here is a copy of my post over on the other thread :)

well ladies.....i went with the blue dress!!! i felt like cinderella!!! its been so hard for me to PUSH myself out into the public eye.

this is the first christmas office party i have been to!! in the past, i have missed out on a lot of fun activities because of my weight and low self esteem. it was nice, to just go, and not HIDE IN THE CORNER!!!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8221/8257756696_f1c80bf6a5.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/8257756696/)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8362/8256686629_e7d9fdfc1f.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/56800290@N02/8256686629/)

it was a lovely evening and i was mostly 100%. i did indulge in a tiny tiny cup of some she crab soup....otherwise, had salad, green beans, a small piece of chicken breast and a smaller piece of prime rib. NO WINE!!!!!! NO BREAD!!!! NO DESSERT!!!!

after dinner, we all enjoyed a fireplace and some music and then dh and i went walking in the starlight on the grounds!! the party was at one of the southern plantations here in charleston, so it was just a perfect night. they have horse and stables there, and buggy rides, only not open during the winter, even so, i laughed out loud at one point, thinking, over there in that barn is cinderellas carriage!! haha

later back inside...enjoying coffee and good conversation...dh leaned over and whispered in my ear...you looks absolutely radiant and you are the most beautiful woman in this room!!! i was floored!! it brought tears to my eyes but i held them in! he doesn't always express himself like that, so it was a very special moment. we exchanged smiles and i knew i had taken a giant leap forward in dragging myself out of obscurity and trying to get a life back living among others and not just hiding out in the house all the time. i just might get used to this socializing!!!!!!!! hahahaha its amazing how all the extra weight, only weighed me down more socially then physically!

thanks again ladies for all your love and encouragement and support!!!!!!!!!!

not sure yet about NYE....but i hope we can go somewhere i can wear my dress, if not, i will just wear it at home!!!!!!!!!!!!

lisa32989
12-09-2012, 03:18 PM
I completely agree. It only looks good falling on Christmas eve or day.

Oh yay! Join my snow Grinch club :p

rainbowsmiles
12-09-2012, 03:21 PM

hahahahaha grinches!!!!!!!!!!

libertybelle
12-09-2012, 03:32 PM
Okay, I have finally figured out how to remember what everyone says because I always have so many replies and I can't remember them all! I will try momentarily, but first I must say

Rainbow: You looked like Cinderella! I am so very happy for you!!! Gorgeous! How fabulous to attend something with your husband and feel confident!

LizRR: Congratulations! That is such an inspiration for physical fitness! I always saw your prepping and couldn't believe it! Did you run in your earlier life?

a"Maezy"ng: Wow! I am so happy for such a huge step for you in the dressing room!!!

Y'all are incentive and motivation!

Determinedat47
12-09-2012, 03:53 PM

You are gorgeous!!!!!!!!

whytokay
12-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Rainbow! you look gorgeous!! You fit the Cinderella part well!

As for me, I went to do a photo shoot with my boyfriend today in the snow. (First snow of the season.. crazy for colorado!) . We got some really cute photos and can't wait to send them out for presents :D I'll be sure to post any good ones. Let me tell you, it's much more fun taking pics when you feel even just a little more confident about yourself! I have lost 10 lbs and that's not nearly the amount that I want to total, but it was enough to let me feel awesome today!

Halfagain
12-09-2012, 04:14 PM

YES! Thank you so much for reminding me who had this great accomplishment! I read it so late and couldn't remember.

CONGRATS Halfagain! You ROCK!!!:celebrate:

Thank you! And many thanks for everyone's nice comments. I know I worked hard for the loss, yet it is somewhat of a surprise to me as I have never got this far before.

Haven't caught up yet...but just reporting I finished my Half Marathon with a new PR of 1:58:51! I made my sub-2:00:00 goal with juuust a little bit to spare! Now time to catch up while I take the train home! Oh, and TOM started yesterday too so hopefully these pesky water lbs will finally flush out!!

Congratulations! I have a friend trying to talk me into a color run. I had never heard of it, but apparently check points have a color dye splashed upon the "runners" (in my case would be "walkers") and I hear it is pretty fun, especially when done with friends. I offered to be the one to douse them with dye, but they aren't buying it. I need to start walking to build up my fitness level for that.

whytokay
12-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Congratulations! I have a friend trying to talk me into a color run. I had never heard of it, but apparently check points have a color dye splashed upon the "runners" (in my case would be "walkers") and I hear it is pretty fun, especially when done with friends. I offered to be the one to douse them with dye, but they aren't buying it. I need to start walking to build up my fitness level for that.

do it!!! I did the color run this year in Denver and it is AMAZING. I walked/jogged, but I'd say a majority are walkers anyway! The best isn't each k where they splash the colors (although it's fun)--the best is the end when you have your color packet and you huddle in a giant group and count down to throw your dye!! It's a giant dance party with color. I'll have to find some pics. SO MUCH FUN! I'm definitely doing it again next year.

Nolawhodatchick
12-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Congrats, Liz, on the race time!

and RAINBOW...

in the end i went with the blue dress! here is a copy of my post over on the other thread :)

OMG! You look so beautiful in those pictures!!! Thank you so much for sharing the story of your eve. It brought tears to my eyes. Such a beautiful story, such a beautiful person!

MSEMDEE
12-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Please add me to the list of snow grinches. The older I get, the more I think I want to live somewhere warm for the winter months. I am not much for winter activities, much more of a sunshine person!

clo2551
12-09-2012, 05:03 PM
Rainbow you look absolutely beautiful!!! I have my Christmas party coming up this weekend and I only hope I'll look as good as you did!!

On a side note, I ordered a bunch of "smaller" clothes online while there was a huge sale on. I figured it would be nice to have something to wear as I lose the weight.

My package arrived on Friday and went to try some of them on to see how much weight I would actually have to lose to wear them......to my surprise they already fit!! Some of them are a bit snug but I thought there would be NO WAY I would be wearing a size or two smaller already! That was my NSV for the week and it completely made my weekend! Now I gotta wait for some more discounts to roll around so I can order some "smaller" clothes to fit into lol....

NinjaNurse
12-09-2012, 06:56 PM

HA HA I actually have a Grinch badge holder for work!!

scorbett1103
12-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Rainbow - you look stunning :)

LizRR
12-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Rainbow!!! You are so beautiful!

LizRR: Congratulations! That is such an inspiration for physical fitness! I always saw your prepping and couldn't believe it! Did you run in your earlier life?!

I had been doing 3 miles @ 12-13 min/mile pre-IP, barely. Its amazing and a little sad to me as i realize how much my weight was holding me back.

My crazy marathon cousin who got me in the crazy running group did the Color Me 5k in San Antonio and walked it with friends. She said it was really fun!

sonyainva
12-09-2012, 08:14 PM

Great job Liz, congrats on the pr. I am sure Tom pounds will go off soon enough.

Rainbow loved the dress

mightbe
12-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Rainbow, you look gorgeous! :D

Hgamroth
12-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Oh Rainbow, you are absolutely stunning. Blue is your color!

Congrats Liz!!!! WTG!

loopers
12-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Happy Sunday everyone! It's a bit of a snowstorm here again tonight, and 10-15 cm expected tomorrow. Winter is finally here, it seems.

Had my weigh-in on Friday night, and am down another 5 lbs! that makes 33.5 lbs total, woohoo!

Had a NSV the other day when I went shopping. I was looking for pants, and decided in the end to not bother just yet. However, I needed a dress for Christmas and an upcoming wedding, and I found a super cute little number... I was in a 24 before I started IP, and sometimes a 26... so I tried on a 22 - way too big. Tried on an 18, and it looked fantastic! But, the wedding is at the end of the month, so I tried on a 16 just in case... and it fit! In 3 weeks, it will look amazing! And I'm convinced it's vanity sizing, but it still feels pretty darn good :D

mompattie
12-09-2012, 11:40 PM

You are so stunning, breathtaking, gorgeous!!!!!! Seriously, wow!!!! You look radiant!! I'm sooo proud of you and watching you BLOOM!

Thank you! And many thanks for everyone's nice comments. I know I worked hard for the loss, yet it is somewhat of a surprise to me as I have never got this far before.

Just want to add my congratulations!!!!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot: 100 freaking pounds is amazing!!!!!!! Can't wait to join you in the century club!!!