Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 12/7/2012

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 12/7/2012

lisa32989
12-07-2012, 05:17 AM
:welcome3:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Shedit
12-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Good morning all you beautiful IP ers! A few days into week 3 and I am loving this plan! mpMy body feels great and is beginning to look different. This weekend I will read some of Dr Trans book to begin to understand why this works so well. Your posts and reccomended actions have made this one of the best changes in my life. Every post invaluable! So many who have drastically changed themselves on these boards. I feel inspired today and intend to take that with me and share it thru the day. THANK YOU!

libertybelle
12-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

What ShedIt said... :)

Let's go make a great Friday!

scorbett1103
12-07-2012, 09:21 AM
Happy Friday!

Today is my double-up day - working my two jobs, but I started the day with snuggles from my kindergartener (who is frequently too "cool" to kiss his momma goodbye on the playground in the morning), so I'm a happy girl :)

With the close of the year coming up, I decided to make a short list of things I'd like to change for 2013 - and the GREAT news is, I don't have to include my weight in that list, because I'm already working on that!!! I realized that I might actually reach my goal weight by the end of January - it means I may have to make Rainbow's spice cake for my birthday instead of having real cake, but I can live with that :) I am going to focus on positive changes that I can make in other areas of my life, because if I can conquer one mountain, why not another?

maezy1
12-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Good morning all. My cast comes off today which means that I can drive again! Some freedom until my surgery. Got my to do list going and getting things taken care of this weekend.

patns
12-07-2012, 09:32 AM
Good morning all. My cast comes off today which means that I can drive again! Some freedom until my surgery. Got my to do list going and getting things taken care of this weekend.

That is good news that you do get a bit of a break. Be careful, don't overdo it which is what I would do in your situation I know!
Pat

ragdoll74
12-07-2012, 09:36 AM

I guess you finally get to figure out how much that cast weighs :carrot:

scorbett1103
12-07-2012, 09:44 AM

Hooray!

SDChickie
12-07-2012, 10:08 AM
I am going to focus on positive changes that I can make in other areas of my life, because if I can conquer one mountain, why not another?

YES!!! Great attitude, lady!

Two more pounds gone for me. Seems to be my new normal, which I am completely content with given the C25K program, Zumba classes, and yoga that I'm doing. I am so thankful for a coach who is a marathon runner and does everything she can to ensure I can exercise successfully while in Phase 1!

Kay2012
12-07-2012, 10:40 AM

Two more pounds gone for me. Seems to be my new normal, which I am completely content with given the C25K program, Zumba classes, and yoga that I'm doing. I am so thankful for a coach who is a marathon runner and does everything she can to ensure I can exercise successfully while in Phase 1!

WTG! You are doing an awesome job!

sahmmommy2
12-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Another busy day today. Spent yesterday cleaning...just wondering how the house gets SO DIRTY so fast. Man...For the record, dry erase markers are E-V-I-L, especially in the hands of a cute little girl:devil:

Ramping up for a mega gingerbread house decorating party on Monday. I'm going to be baking and assembling houses this weekend. The kids have a birthday party on Saturday and we are hoping to get to the botanical gardens and see their Christmas display on Sunday. Weekend??? WHAT WEEKEND!

Hope everyone has a good one!

maezy1
12-07-2012, 10:53 AM
I guess you finally get to figure out how much that cast weighs :carrot:

I was so excited about having some independence back that I never even thought about the weight loss from the cast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm even more excited! I guessed that the cast weighs about 2 lbs. I'll know for sure tomorrow when I weigh myself!

Alma4343
12-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Another 2.6 pounds GONE! I feel like crying when I step on the scale now and for good reasons! This is so different than my "scale experiences" in the past. Have a great day and great weekend everyone.
:carrot:

Happy Friday!

Today is my double-up day - working my two jobs, but I started the day with snuggles from my kindergartener (who is frequently too "cool" to kiss his momma goodbye on the playground in the morning), so I'm a happy girl :)

With the close of the year coming up, I decided to make a short list of things I'd like to change for 2013 - and the GREAT news is, I don't have to include my weight in that list, because I'm already working on that!!! I realized that I might actually reach my goal weight by the end of January - it means I may have to make Rainbow's spice cake for my birthday instead of having real cake, but I can live with that :) I am going to focus on positive changes that I can make in other areas of my life, because if I can conquer one mountain, why not another?

I am with you on the New Years resolutions. This will be the first New Years in my adult life losing weight will not be one of them. Getting to goal will be one, but I KNOW it will happen. Happy Birthday!

Maezy! So happy for you. I can relate due to my own broken leg experience. Being able to drive is so liberating. YIPPPEEE!

DumDumDum another 2 pounds bites the dust! Whoopppee! :carrot:

breezie68
12-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Another tough day here at work food wise!
It's the holiday season! So tough, but so worth hanging in there.
Today, they have bagels, cream cheese, donuts, on top of the every friday tradition- Pancake Friday.
I sit here happily with my IP choc shake.... happily becaues none of my clothes in my closet fit anymore :)

Alma4343
12-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Oh a few times on this board we have talked about people not noticing weight loss or asking if you got a new haircut, shaved your beard or something else.

Last night, I went out with 4 girlfriends I had not seen in a while. At first, I was really bummed that no one noticed (or at least mentioned) my weight loss. Then, I remembered that 3 of them asked me about my jeans and wanted to know where to get them. "They look so good, I love them." I was laughing thinking that they must have thought those were miracle jeans, haha!

scorbett1103
12-07-2012, 11:39 AM

Great job! I just broke out my Wii Fit last night for the first time in 6 months, I forgot I had a nice 20 minute yoga/strength routine set up on it. Man, did that feel good! I plan on taking a Zumba and a Yoga class starting in January, and I'm getting really excited about exercising again - what a change from this time last year when I could barely get off the couch!

Good Morning Everyone!

Another busy day today. Spent yesterday cleaning...just wondering how the house gets SO DIRTY so fast. Man...For the record, dry erase markers are E-V-I-L, especially in the hands of a cute little girl:devil:

Ramping up for a mega gingerbread house decorating party on Monday. I'm going to be baking and assembling houses this weekend. The kids have a birthday party on Saturday and we are hoping to get to the botanical gardens and see their Christmas display on Sunday. Weekend??? WHAT WEEKEND!

Hope everyone has a good one!

Oh my goodness I know - I can't seem to keep the house clean for more than a few hours when the boys are home. And I've learned all kinds of neat cleaning tricks - like a little baking soda on a wet cloth takes crayon marks off of the screen of my TV :o

Another 2.6 pounds GONE! I feel like crying when I step on the scale now and for good reasons! This is so different than my "scale experiences" in the past. Have a great day and great weekend everyone.
:carrot:

Amazing job!!!

Today, they have bagels, cream cheese, donuts, on top of the every friday tradition- Pancake Friday.
I sit here happily with my IP choc shake.... happily becaues none of my clothes in my closet fit anymore :)

Great attitude - and while everyone else is freaking out about post-holiday weight gain in January, you'll be relaxed and melting away as usual :)

Last night, I went out with 4 girlfriends I had not seen in a while. At first, I was really bummed that no one noticed (or at least mentioned) my weight loss. Then, I remembered that 3 of them asked me about my jeans and wanted to know where to get them. "They look so good, I love them." I was laughing thinking that they must have thought those were miracle jeans, haha!

I love it!!!

djs06
12-07-2012, 12:02 PM

UGH, I so feel your pain! Someone brought a huge thing of cookies yesterday, and another time this week it was other sugary stuff... seems like at least two or three times a week I have to resist the junk food on the table while I'm refilling my water bottle!

Good for you for staying strong!

Oh a few times on this board we have talked about people not noticing weight loss or asking if you got a new haircut, shaved your beard or something else.

Haha, I love it! I am getting a lot more compliments on my clothes too (I never used to) so I wonder if that's what it is? Think you're on to something there!

Happy Friday!

That's an awesome idea! Goals for self-improvement are always great! It feels nice to not have to add 'working on weight' to the list, doesn't it? :)

ragdoll74
12-07-2012, 12:06 PM
My 12 yo dd had her birthday party last Saturday at our house. The girls played Dance Central 3 on XBox-Kinect.

It looked like so much fun so after the party I did one song with my niece, Gangnam Style.....my legs were sore for about 5 days. I think that was a little too intense of a workout for me and the song was probably less than 5 minutes. =)

It was really fun, so I am looking forward to playing/dancing again once I get to phase 3.

sonyainva
12-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Happy Friday!

Hugs from our kids are always a great start to the day. Funny how once we conquer weight, it makes us so much more positive and able to face other challeges.

Congrats maezy, let us know how much the cast weighed.

Congrats on the 2 pound loss

bubbleblower
12-07-2012, 12:13 PM
With the close of the year coming up, I decided to make a short list of things I'd like to change for 2013 - and the GREAT news is, I don't have to include my weight in that list, because I'm already working on that!!!

I'm just on day 2, but this was one of the reasons I started yesterday rather than wait until after the holidays. No time better than the present, and I feel better about myself just knowing that I'm taking real steps to get to a healthier weight!

My big 'to do' for later today is to go food shopping so I have a better selection of veggies at the ready in the fridge, and a wider variety of options for dinner. I'm still trying to get more familiar with the IP foods and recipes.

ragdoll74
12-07-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm just on day 2, but this was one of the reasons I started yesterday rather than wait until after the holidays. No time better than the present, and I feel better about myself just knowing that I'm taking real steps to get to a healthier weight!

My big 'to do' for later today is to go food shopping so I have a better selection of veggies at the ready in the fridge, and a wider variety of options for dinner. I'm still trying to get more familiar with the IP foods and recipes.

Good for you! That's a great attitude to have. I don't think there are a whole lot of people out there starting a diet 3 weeks before Christmas.

niks42
12-07-2012, 12:27 PM
So - I haven't written in awhile due to having been extremely busy, BUT, I just had to post this today. I MET MY GOAL TODAY!!!!! I almost cried! It has been a journey for sure - and at times, a very long 5 months, but it is official - I am now on Phase 2. Gearing up for my surgery on December 18th and so excited to be prepping for Phase 3! 60 pounds and 32 inches gone for good! Just had to share - this board has been a HUGE resource for me from recipes to questions I have had along the way and SO many people have been inspirational to me (even though I didn't post often).

scorbett1103
12-07-2012, 12:29 PM
So - I haven't written in awhile due to having been extremely busy, BUT, I just had to post this today. I MET MY GOAL TODAY!!!!! I almost cried! It has been a journey for sure - and at times, a very long 5 months, but it is official - I am now on Phase 2. Gearing up for my surgery on December 18th and so excited to be prepping for Phase 3! 60 pounds and 32 inches gone for good! Just had to share - this board has been a HUGE resource for me from recipes to questions I have had along the way and SO many people have been inspirational to me (even though I didn't post often).

Wow - way to go! And good luck on your surgery!!

Hgamroth
12-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Happy Friday!

Awesome! Snuggles! Spice cake! and no weight loss resolution! Awesome!

Inspiring! Started C25K myself!

CONGRATS!!!!!!

maezy1
12-07-2012, 12:44 PM

Alma that is so funny! I have been getting ALL of these hair comments and inside I am laughing and outside saying "thank you". Yesterday we had an assembly at the school where I work and a faculty member came up to me afterwards and said she was trying to figure out who the person was sitting with the students and then realized that it was me. Then continued on with all kinds of compliments. Made me feel so good. Today I have on black jeans that are a much smaller size than I normally could wear and I can go down a size because they are loose. Just feels so good.

cbl70
12-07-2012, 12:45 PM

Awesome. Congrats! And best of luck with you surgery.

bubbleblower
12-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Good for you! That's a great attitude to have. I don't think there are a whole lot of people out there starting a diet 3 weeks before Christmas.

Yeah, I know! I actually passed a big test on my first day. There was a holiday party at work yesterday with tables and tables of sweets. Everything looked great but I managed to just mingle with everyone while sipping on my water bottle instead of trying one of everything on the tables like I normally would have. :lol: I had an IP snack bar beforehand and that definitely helped.

FutureHealthyWoman
12-07-2012, 12:46 PM

Congratulations!!!! What a great achievement. I don't post much but I definitely read and I agree that this site has been an incredible source of inspiration and information. Best wishes in Phase 2!

benice
12-07-2012, 12:50 PM

YAY!!!! Congratulations!!!!:carrot:

bubbleblower
12-07-2012, 01:06 PM

I've noticed the same thing other times I've lost weight. One other reason for the behavior occurred to me recently, since it happened to me - only on the other side of the equation. Before I knew about IP, I saw a friend I hadn't seen in several months. She had dropped a significant amount of weight in a short amount of time. I hesitated to say anything at first since I wasn't sure if it was a planned weight loss or if there were a health issue involved. (She later told me that she had gone beyond her goal weight and was trying to just maintain at that point.) Since I've had a number of friends who have had to deal with cancer and other illnesses lately that I catch myself from potentially putting my foot in my mouth by telling someone they look great when they aren't feeling that way at all and really aren't trying to lose weight.

I also think it can often be awkward referencing someone's weight in a conversation, since telling someone they look great after weight loss sometimes seems to imply that you're saying they didn't look great before. That can be tough even if they really do look much better!

Bella73123
12-07-2012, 01:11 PM
I am so unbelievably frustrated lately! The stress of everything is just completely overwhelming at times, much more so lately.

My fiance made a career change last October and then was let go the following January due to restructuring. Since then he has been in and out of work, currently out of work since September. He had an interview with the city yesterday that we were excited about...but the process was ridiculous and when he described it to me, they basically treated them like cattle. They didn't even allow them to greet the people that were interviewing, no handshake no names etc. How do you build a rapport with someone under circumstances like this?

It just feels like the kids are going crazy, the house is in chaos and I can't seem to get a grip on the situation. It's all I can do to get through the day.

On top of that I see my weight creeping up and it drives me crazy. Yes I am one of those people that weighs everyday. The reason I do this is (up until last week) the scale dropping daily gave me a huge amount of motivation. I find when I don't weigh daily I start to gain weight.

Last week, although I was 100% OP the scale went up for 3 days, I was so upset! After that I couldn't stay in control. It was this horrible situation where I would start out the day with my packets and doing well and then by the end of the day I would be eating cake...then the next day I would start again with the best of intentions...and blow it at the end of the day.

I had to post a 3.4lb weight gain. I started fresh Monday morning...and then last night the stress took over and I gave up again!

I don't know if I should even be trying to lose weight right now. Maybe it's just not the right time? I've done well, and I don't want to give up...but my body seems to just want to pack on the weight regardless of what I'm trying to do right now.

Any suggestions?

southern
12-07-2012, 01:16 PM
I had a dream I ate a real sandwich
Halfway through I felt guilty

ragdoll74
12-07-2012, 01:27 PM
I am so unbelievably frustrated lately! The stress of everything is just completely overwhelming at times, much more so lately.

My fiance made a career change last October and then was let go the following January due to restructuring. Since then he has been in and out of work, currently out of work since September. He had an interview with the city yesterday that we were excited about...but the process was ridiculous and when he described it to me, they basically treated them like cattle. They didn't even allow them to greet the people that were interviewing, no handshake no names etc. How do you build a rapport with someone under circumstances like this?

It just feels like the kids are going crazy, the house is in chaos and I can't seem to get a grip on the situation. It's all I can do to get through the day.

On top of that I see my weight creeping up and it drives me crazy. Yes I am one of those people that weighs everyday. The reason I do this is (up until last week) the scale dropping daily gave me a huge amount of motivation. I find when I don't weigh daily I start to gain weight.

Last week, although I was 100% OP the scale went up for 3 days, I was so upset! After that I couldn't stay in control. It was this horrible situation where I would start out the day with my packets and doing well and then by the end of the day I would be eating cake...then the next day I would start again with the best of intentions...and blow it at the end of the day.

I had to post a 3.4lb weight gain. I started fresh Monday morning...and then last night the stress took over and I gave up again!

I don't know if I should even be trying to lose weight right now. Maybe it's just not the right time? I've done well, and I don't want to give up...but my body seems to just want to pack on the weight regardless of what I'm trying to do right now.

Any suggestions?

So sorry you are struggling. You probably really need to stop daily weighing because it is causing stress and then you cheat.

Try to remember why you are doing this. If stress is triggering the cheat, try to remove yourself from the situation and find a healthy way to deal with it. Food isn't going to make you feel better.

You can do this, but you need to stop sabotaging yourself.

In my dreams I feel guilty about cheating, but when I wake up and realise it was a dream I feel good. Kind of like I got to have the food I wanted, but not with an actual cheat. I look forward to them now. :)

4Mom
12-07-2012, 01:57 PM

Congratulations niks42!!! You must feel AMAZING!!

whytokay
12-07-2012, 02:01 PM

Any suggestions?

Sorry you're stressing! I am also a stress eater. I'm trying to kick that habit. Like ragdoll said, find a healthy way to deal with the stress. It seems like cheating isn't actually making you feel better, because you are discouraged with the diet. Try stress-exercising, or stress-cleaning. Or even just stress-taking a bath =]. I know when I cheat it's an endless cycle of "well I messed up once, might as well keep messing up" which is really silly! You gotta break the cycle! We'll help you through it, you can do it!

whytokay
12-07-2012, 02:05 PM

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
WAY TO GO!!!!!! You're an inspiration :D

Debrasb
12-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Quick celebration--WI today, down 3.6 pounds this week. So nice after a few low weeks. Total so far....40.2!!

djs06
12-07-2012, 02:23 PM

Any suggestions?

:hug: I feel for you! I hope things calm down soon for you....

Honestly, it's never 'the right time' to try to lose weight. There is always something that will make it challenging. Having gained stress weight before, I know that it makes x situation even more stressful to feel like you have no control over your weight.

Daily fluctuations happen. If they add even more stress to an already stressed life, try every other day or semi-weekly weigh-ins.

Your options are 1) give up, be unhappy with not even trying or 2) keep trying and have faith that this will work itself out. I vote for 2 :)

Believe me giving up will make you feel 10x worse and more stressed.

ablever
12-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Good morning, everyone!

I'm finding that a downside to the weight loss that I wasn't expecting is how CCCCCOOOLLLLDDDD I am all the time. I guess the fat really does keep a person warm. I am having to layer up like crazy and not sit still too long so I can stay warm. It's probably hard to even notice that I've lost weight when I am bundled up but that's okay because I know about my progress and that's enough for me.

Congrats to you! Thank you for sharing and for keeping us motivated. I hope to get there someday soon and knowing that other people are making it there every day helps keep me focused.

Enjoy the new you and please do keep us posted on maintenance...I'm a bit scared of it right now.

Any suggestions?

I'm sorry to hear about your struggles but it sounds like you've come to the right place for support. You've got a lot of it here and I hope that we can hold you up even if you are having difficulty doing it for yourself right now. The one thing I do have to say is that I looked at your signature info and was impressed! You've already met two of your mini-goals and are working actively on the third...you obviously have what it takes to make a change. Good for you! May that motivate you and keep you OP!

ablever
12-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Oh, and congrats to everyone who reported their wonderful losses today! Woo-hoo!

lisa32989
12-07-2012, 04:04 PM
Good morning, everyone!

I'm finding that a downside to the weight loss that I wasn't expecting is how CCCCCOOOLLLLDDDD I am all the time. I guess the fat really does keep a person warm. I am having to layer up like crazy and not sit still too long so I can stay warm. It's probably hard to even notice that I've lost weight when I am bundled up but that's okay because I know about my progress and that's enough for me.
I've been learning a bit about the possibility of adrenal fatigue with low carb diets. One of the symptoms is being cold. Take your temperature 3 times/day for 3-4 days. If it is below normal, let your doctor know!
My doctor appt is next week. I've bee FREEZING for several weeks. They're gonna have to figure something out b/c I'm not quitting IP til I get to goal.

lisa32989
12-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Mine neither! We're about the same size. If I hadn't have gone shopping, I'd be swimming in all my pants. What an early Christmas gift :)

Any suggestions?
Bella: Cortisol is a hormone produced during times of stress. It causes weight gain.
My thoughts:
#1 I'd say stay off the daily weigh-ins. They're adding stress.
#2 ABSOLUTELY do NOT give up! You KNOW what that will do!
#3 Do you need to phase off for a bit and stay on the maintenance plan? It wouldn't be so stressful on your body. I'm reading/learning that weight loss itself is stressful on our adrenal system and if you have all these other stressors, you may need a break. NOT a free-for-all, eat-anything-you-want but a clean-maintain where you are, give it 4-6 weeks & reassess. Just a thought. Something to reduce stress?
#4 If you stay on P1, recommit to the no cheat way of life. If you need an extra packet, have an extra packet. That is not a cheat. It could add sanity and reduce stress.
:hug:

NinjaNurse
12-07-2012, 04:37 PM

Congrats on a job well done!!!

Bella73123
12-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Well...a little bit of somewhat good news. My fiance just heard that he got through to the second round of interviews. Honestly, he was interviewed yesterday by 5 different people. Now he's going to phase 2...which will involve goodness knows what...and all this for a part-time job. It really is an employers market these days...

jlnelson
12-07-2012, 05:14 PM

I always thought I was crazy when I dream about food! I'm so glad that other people have illegal food dreams too. The other night, I dreamt I had a plate of nachos. They were delicious, but I felt so guilty in my dream. It was kind of a relief to wake up!

Bella73123
12-07-2012, 05:39 PM
I started to multi-quote everyone that responded to my post...then realized that it would probably take up too much room. So, I have received a lot of excellent advice...and I'm going to try to find some quiet time to process what I need to do. Thank-you to everyone for all of your support, I honestly don't think I could have made it this far without all of you! :hug:

breezie68
12-07-2012, 05:56 PM
I have the crazy IP dreams too. Weigh in #6 tomorrrow. First time that it's been my TOM...so we'll see how it goes.

maezy1
12-07-2012, 06:09 PM
NIKS - a BIG congrats to you!!!!

Bella - hold on tight. the holidays are stressful enough. Try to find a minute or 2 each to breath and remember why you are on IP to begin with.

Just finished all of my pre op work. The reality of the surgery is all too real. I was told that I could not actively lose weight the week before and 2 weeks after the surgery. I almost laughed because when i had this surgery in May I vomited the whole week before and then could not eat a thing for a month afterwards. I lost 10lbs (but I found it again!) If I can keep calm then maybe I will get to up the caloric intake for a few days. If not, then I will do well to eat at all.

byugrl
12-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Hello everyone !

I am on day 3 of not weighing in everyday. Yes, I was a daily get on the scale in the morning girl. Hopefully this will lower my stress. But I put on my size 6 jeans and guess what .. "They fit like a glove". Still not ready to stay in them all day. Thinking by next week they will be fitting like an old pair of jeans. Yaaaaa !

Yaaaa for all the losers and NSV !! Way to go everyone !!!

byugrl
12-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Maezy1

Good luck with the surgery and a fast recovery !!!
We're here for you!!

maezy1
12-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Maezy1

Good luck with the surgery and a fast recovery !!!
We're here for you!!

Thx! feeling a little overwhelmed and emotional right now......

Halfagain
12-07-2012, 07:57 PM
Hey, my WI today put me in the Century club! Feeling much better than I did at the end of June when I started IP. I use alternative products. Anyway, just wanted to give a shout out here, if you didn't hear me hooting and hollering from my home this morning ;)

IP works, be it clinic based or alternative based. Just keep to the program!

Barb

MonicaKolesnik
12-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Hey, my WI today put me in the Century club! Feeling much better than I did at the end of June when I started IP. I use alternative products. Anyway, just wanted to give a shout out here, if you didn't hear me hooting and hollering from my home this morning ;)

Barb

Congratulations!!!!!that is absolutely fabulous for you! and you look great!!!

Hgamroth
12-07-2012, 08:02 PM

Barb

Congrats!!!!! You are amazing!

maezy1
12-07-2012, 08:14 PM

Barb

CONGRATS! that is wonderful!!!!! I may PM you soon because I want to start with alternatives. Ive already started with alternative bars so now onto drinks and puddings and the rest!

sahmmommy2
12-07-2012, 08:28 PM

Barb

YOU ROCK HALFAGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! Go celebrate an awesome accomplishment:)

Beck81
12-07-2012, 08:45 PM

Barb

That is amazing Barb and in a short period of time. Congrats and I'm right behind you!

Congrats to NIKS too for making goal.

IP rocks so everyone stick to it through the Holidays.