WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters and the Holidays

Tina
12-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Hello All,
This is the place to be! :dance: We've all weighed in on Thursdays at one time or other. :D
Everyone is welcome! Come join in the fun!

I love this time of year.
Is anyone else having a difficult time getting in their exercise? I have good intentions but don't seem to make it outside to walk or even use my exercycle that's in the garage. :o

Please come on in and post.

:tree:

maureen kempster
12-06-2012, 12:15 PM
I can't believe it's December!! where did the year go? I found out that our apartments don't allow real trees so that solves 1 problem. My cats are going to be fun during the holidays - they're into everything.

I really want to get my act together and get on program.

let's all have a great day

Tina
12-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Good morning,

We decorated our tree last night,
Maureen, I was surprised that the apt. had tree rules! I understand that they don't want fires. I guess that is their reason.

I fixed a semi-healthy supper.
We had taco salad and hot cheese dip with chips. I can give y'all my made-up taco salad recipe, if you want.

Everyone have a great day.

:wreath:

ladyrider72472
12-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Hello ladies. My name is Tammy and I have done weight watchers many times. But I have not done the new one. I was wondering if you all are having a big success w it. I had lost 100 pounds but life and work kicked in and I have gained 40 back..... Any input is appreciated !!

maureen kempster
12-09-2012, 07:23 PM
welcome Tammy you're in the right place -
I put my tree up on Friday and all my decorations are aroung the top!! my 2 cats, Wilma & Betty are driving my crazy- they're young yet so they just won't leave the tree alone - this is going to be a very long season-
I did manage to put some lights on my balcony railing too-
I pretty much have all gifts bought - I just have to decide what to serve on Christmas - I'll have turkey for sure but have to decide on a dessert. My brother, his wife and one of my sisters are coming over

Well, let's all have a great day tomorrow

maureen

Tina
12-10-2012, 03:05 PM
hi all,

Tammy, it's nice to meet you!
Points Plus easy to do. I don't always count my points or journal and that is my downfall. I HAVE lost and that gives me incentive.

Maureen, I'm glad you are cooking. That will be fun. I like to buy a frozen mincemeat pie. My tastes have changed over the years and I really like that pie. My bil always makes a pecan pie.

How are all the other members????????????????

Tina
12-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Is anyone exercising right now?
I really am so busy. That's not a good excuse, I know.:o
Hope everyone is staying warm!

Tina
12-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Hi all,
I hope everyone is doing well with exe rcise. This is a difficult time to stay OP.

maureen kempster
12-19-2012, 09:30 AM
good morning

well, I'm off until January 2-today I'm taking my 2 cats(Wilma & Betty) to get groomed-I know it sounds crazy but I'm going to see if they get some of their fur shaved I won't have so much hair around!!! also I'm getting what they call soft claws put on them-I don't want to get them declawed but they scratch everything!!! I'll keep you posted.
I'm trying to find some recipes for Christmas - I'm having my brother & his wife and a sister and her friend over for Christmas dinner. I have the turkey so will go out and pick up the rest hopefully today-
How's everyone's program been going? I honestly have to get started.(again).
Tina, Susan-how's your weather? We're not doing too badly for december - not too much snow but yesterday was really messy - we got a combination of rain and snow

well, let's all have a great day we deserve it

maureen

Tina
12-19-2012, 10:44 AM
Greetings!!!

Our weather--today the high will be 80 F. Tomorrow night it will go down to freezing. Crazy,isn't it!

Maureen, yes let us know about Wilma and Betty. I'm so glad you are not getting them declawed. Personally, I think that is a horrible thing!!!!!
I'm going out today to buy stocking stuffers. We (Larry, David and I) will always have stockings, although we've never had a chimney. :)

Everyone have a great day

Tina
12-20-2012, 08:45 AM
Good morning,
Maureen, here's my weather report---today is very windy and we have falling temps. (I sound like a true weather person, don't I.) :) It will be freezing tonight. Wow, finally your kind of Christmas weather!
Have you figured out what to fix for dessert?

My right foot top has been swollen for several days. I'm still going to begin baking today....can't keep waiting for the silly foot to get well.

Everyone out there---have a great OP day (if that's possible with office parties and the such).

Tina
12-21-2012, 10:05 AM
It's cold this morning. Yea!!! :)

For those reading this---has anyone gone to a WW meeting and heard about the new plan?
I plan on going next week. Yep, I know it''s after eating. :lol:
Everyone one have a great day.

auntie
12-23-2012, 11:10 PM
Hello!

I found my way home. Let's see...my doctor put me on Estroven. Wow that has helped. It's over the counter. She promised me, I'm not going crazy. :D

I went back to WW. I'm do ok but not great on it. It's my fault. I plan on knocking it out!

I'm going to surprise Momma for Christmas dinner. I'll stay the week and come back on New Year's Eve. Pat is off Christmas Eve and Christmas & New Year's Eve & Day but has to work the others. So it's all good, plus I have the next week off! Yea!

They say we are suppose to have snow on Christmas. I'll let you know!

Merry Christmas!!! Love y'all!,

Tina
12-25-2012, 05:04 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS

I hope everyone is having a great day!

Tina
12-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Hi all,

Well, it's that time again---more exercise and water and way less sugar and bad carbs!!!!!

Take care.

maureen kempster
12-27-2012, 10:03 AM
I hope everyone had a great Christmas - I've been off 8 days and all I've done is eat!!! What's everyone planning on doing? I'm tossing around WW on line again but not sure if it's worth the money-I find it hard getting to a meeting-but I do know that I have to get serious and do something. Any plans for New Years Eve? nothing here.

We're getting the tail end on a snow storm - it's not too cold and looks really pretty out there - so I think I'll go for a walk later and take some pictures - I really have spent way too much money so I'm staying away from the stores! I also have lots of food so I think I'll sit down and see how I can incorporate what I have into some healthy choices.

So, let's all have a great day on program

maureen

Tammy
12-27-2012, 09:01 PM
Hello gang! I was driving south on Christmas Day since I heard about the storm we would be getting in OH. I am so glad that I did! It's a mess up there. Jekyll Island is beautiful! So glad I'm here!

Like everyone else, I need to get serious. My cholesterol was up a bit, my A1C for diabetes didn't come down like the dr wanted. The nurse called me and told me that the dr wanted me to watch my diet a little closer. She told me she would wait until Jan. 1. lol I know that I'll get more walking in down here. I brought a yoga dvd and another one, can't remember what it is.

WOW! I just looked at my whatever it's called at the bottom, and I am exactly where I was the last time. No gain! yay. I brought my bathroom scales with me. I am rambling.

Tina
12-27-2012, 09:27 PM
Hi Tammy and Maureen!!!!

Tammy, what was your A1C number? Larry has been having his checked.
A yoga dvd. Hmm...I don't think I could do that. :lol:
I don't even want to weigh after this week. I went way out-of-control.

Maureen, enjoy the rest of your vacation. I'm going back to a meeting if only to get the new material. I might get E-tools again for a little while.

What's everyone doing on New Years Eve?
Tammy, how long are you staying there? Thanks for the cute card.

Tammy
12-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Grrrrrrrr, I had just written a book, and it disappeared!

A1C a year ago was 8.5, in June it was 7.5, newest was 7.4. Need to work on it. I am staying here until the end of March unless I get homesick. Tim and Lauren are coming down mid-Feb, and I am going to Disney beginnin of Feb. for a few days and meeting a cousin there.

Tina, let us know about the new WW if you go. Yoga is fun. I enjoyed it when I did it at the Y. You are welcome for the card! I couldn't pass those up.

New Year's Eve I will be going to the restaurant next door for dinner, then I will probably stay around and listen to music for awhile.

maureen kempster
12-28-2012, 04:09 PM
I have decided that I'm going to a meeting tomorrow morning-I've had it - I've spent my whole vacation eating!!!

I'm going over to my sister's in an hour for supper then we'll go see my Mom

have a great evening

maureen

Tina
12-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Good for you Maureen. You're the first one to a meeting and so you can tell us all about the new stuff.
Is your mother about the same?

Tammy, Larry's number is back in the normal range...I think it's 5.6.
I read that exercise really helps but I don't know if yoga would do it. LOL

Y'all staY WARM.

maureen kempster
12-29-2012, 11:38 AM
good morning

well I made it to the meeting-I honestly don't think much is different - the 29 pts is out for the minimum now - it's 26 - it looks like they have alot of new products-other than that it's all about tracking etc- so the rest of my vacation will be cleaning out my cupboards and fridge etc - I'm going to do it this time

it's snowing again and a bit colder today so it's a good time to clean out the garbage

maureen

Tammy
12-29-2012, 03:16 PM
Tina, Larry's number is great! I didn't think I'd get much of a workout when I did yoga, but it really is a good one. Most of us would break out in a sweat not long after starting it.

I had planned to bring my WW materials with me from last year, but I forget several things by leaving a day early. Right now I have pretty healthy foods in the room, and I have made wise choices when I have gone out (except for the breaded shrimp the first night).

I know I will be getting stronger legs because am on 2nd floor this year. It was my choice, and the exercise was part of my reason. Maurice and I have walked some since we arrived, and I know we will be doing more of that every day.

jar1965
12-30-2012, 04:17 PM
hello, hello my dear friends! I was reading and catching up on your posts! Sounds like everyone had a nice Christmas! CAN'T believe tomorrow is New Years EVe. I started ww online again on December 26th. Gosh, I sound like a broken record :( !!!

Susan - How did the surprise go? I was so excited for you when I read that! I bet everyone loved having you!

Tammy - I'm just a little, kinda, maybe, sorta JEALOUS!!!! We have a total of 12" of snow between 2 storms in 3 days. lol!

Tina - You deserve a medal for your determination to get this group together! You are a wonderful person!

Maureen - Only 2 days of your vacation left! :( Did you make it to a meeting? I'm thinking about going back. I have such a tough schedule tho.

Marion & Dori - Hope you are well!

Bob and I are just hanging out at home. FOOTBALL, of course! Our Steelers sure didn't do well this year! But, the die hard fans we are still supported them and cheered them on!

We had a great Christmas. Family together ~ makes it perfect.

maureen kempster
12-31-2012, 03:05 PM
:newyear:

Jeanne it's good to see you here-
Well 2012 is almost over and I'm sure I weigh more than I did at the start - so, again, I'm making a promise to myself, one day at a time, I will do this.
I would like to wish you all a very Happy New Year - may it be all you wish it to be.

maureen

Tina
12-31-2012, 05:23 PM
Wow, it's almost 2013 !!!

Jeanne, you are so kind. I just didn't want to give up. :)

Maureen, I'm with you. I have not stepped on the scales but know it's not pretty. :lol:

Tammy, what kind of music will be at the restaurant tonight---a live band?

Susan, I know you are having a great time in SA.

Dori and Sis, we hope you'll come back and join us.

Everyone have a happy and safe evening.

:newyear: :newyear:

auntie
12-31-2012, 09:34 PM
Last post of 2012! I got back home today! Y'all should have seen my mom's face when I walked in! She said " YOU are my surprise" We had a great time! Spent most of the time with Momma and then my big sister and her family when she got off work.

I started going back to meeting a few weeks ago. I have to be held accountable! They are focusing on giving help and making things routine in different areas of your life. Honestly, I have not done great but that has been my fault.

Pat got me a Fitbit for Christmas. It counts your steps and other things. Then it syncs it on the computer. You can add friends. Lu (my big sister) and I are friends so we can see each other's steps. The neat thing is that you can sit on an exercise ball and bounce too for steps. The goal is to get 10,000. So far I am on a roll.

Happy New Year's! Hard to believe it's 2013 already!

maureen kempster
01-01-2013, 07:25 AM
Happy New Year to everyone

Did you all have a good new year's eve? I did absolutely nothing and today I've got a wash on right now - it's time to get ready for work!!

Susan, what a nice surprise for your Mom - glad you had a good time. Do you find much difference with the new program? I went to a meeting on Saturday & I don't see much different. I'm on day 3 and I have to remember how much better I feel when I eat properly.

Let's all have a great 2013 we deserve it

have a super day

maureen

auntie
01-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Maureen,
I see no difference in the program at all! I just decided that I had to go back. I want this! Plan to get there or close to it. Good luck!

Happy New Years!

Susan

maureen kempster
01-02-2013, 04:40 AM
Good morning everyone

Well it's time to get back to reality - I'm back to work today - but it's only a 3 day week!! next vacation I guess will be in May-I hope I'll be able to go out west. It depends on my budget - I just got hit with a $4000 bill from Revenue Canada for my taxes from 2011!!! They didn't accept my moving expenses - I think I know why - I'll call them today - I should get money back this year though because of my condo in Edmonton - I sure hope so.

Susan, the only difference I see is the minimum points went from 29 to 26 daily points. I'm starting day 5 and I feel good - as I said yesterday - I do feel so much better when I eat right.

Let's all have a great day we deserve it

maureen

jar1965
01-02-2013, 05:17 AM
Good morning! 3 day work week ..... yay! But....now I don't think we have a break until easter! :(
Got up early and made a chicken salad sandwich (4 Pt), celery & ww cream cheese (2) and a bag of baked cracker/chips. Sweet tea brewed from my Kuerig and 2 healthy snacks packed! It feels like a Monday!
I should have UNdecorated yesterday, but we were just lazy.....so I guess I'll tear it all down Saturday.

Have a good day everyone! WE CAN AND WILL DO THIS!!!!
jeanne

maureen kempster
01-02-2013, 09:43 AM
Well, first day back to reality and I end up at reception!! Oh well - it's good to be back but like Jeanne I don't think I get any time off now until Easter. I usually book a week in May, a week in September and the rest at Christmas - but I honestly get so bored at home when I'm off for any length of time - I have no hobbies - I promise myself to change that this year - it's never too late to change - I'm just not sure what I want to do! any suggestions would be appreciated.

I've packed my lunch and I'm well within points - I really want to do this this time - I'm so tired of always trying to get to goal - I figure I've been trying now for almost 25 yrs!!! enough's enough!!!

talk to you all later

maureen

Tina
01-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Happy New Year to everyone!!!

I guess we need to start a new thread.

Susan, so glad your mother was ao happy you showed up.

Jeanne, we didn't take down decorations, either. Your lunch sounds so good....any extra for me? :lol:

Maureen, that bill of $4,000 is an ugly surprise. Our lawmakers FINALLY passed a law that middle class will not get higher taxes this year, however, rich people MUST pay their share now!!!!!

Tammy, do you and Maurice get lonely down there? How was your New Year's Eve?

I'm so slow today. Right now, I'm making my meal plan for the rest of the week.

:newyear:

Tammy
01-02-2013, 11:00 PM
Hello all! I am enjoying the warmer weather and no snow here! I ended up having dinner New Year's Ever with some of the other winter guests. The place was packed, so none of us stayed around. There were people waiting for tables for dinner. I came back to the room, took Maurice for a walk, and I ended up watching the Mentalist and another show that I don't know the name. I was texting with a friend in FL and another one in OH at midnight. I am so wild! lol

I have never gotten bored here. I don't get bored at home either. Seems like there is always something that I can do. I am halfway through the 3rd book, have read a couple of magazines, played on computer, taken many walks, visited with people. I haven't even gone shopping yet except at grocery & Dollar General. I weighed today, and I get to move my butterfly (if I remember how).

Tina
01-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Morning,

Tammy, congratulations on your loss. :dance: :carrot:
Oh, you like Dollar General...Larry loves going to that store. :)

Susan, how is school?

Jeanne, the work week is almost over. Yea!

Maureen, did you make it okay yesterday...work? I bet your cats wondered where you were.

Everyone have a great day!

jar1965
01-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Hi everone! I yi yi......we were so busy at work today. Probably my busiest day yet.
There was 2 dozen donuts at work today & I didn't eat ANY OF THEM!!!! Yay.

Well i am so tired and my alarm will be going off in less than 7 hrs.

Have a great night! Catch up tomorrow!.

Tina
01-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Jeanne--I am so proud of you. 2 dz. donuts.....that sounds so good.
Get some sleep.

Tammy
01-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Tina, I just reread what you wrote, and it asked if I get lonely. I met so many people last year, so I really don't get lonely. I know several at the restaurant next door, so I have gone over and bugged them while drinking a diet coke and looking at a magazine.

Too rainy to get out and walk today, so I did some exercises in the room. Maurice isn't a big help when I am doing that. lol

Dollar General is great! We have one in Versailles, and we call it the mall. Small town humor! lol

Jeanne, now I would like a donut!

I have been trying to make good food choices since I got here. I have to admit that I had a mini Hawaiian blizzard today though.

Tina
01-03-2013, 10:07 PM
A mini Hawaiian blizzard sounds interesting. I want one....NOW.
I ate such healthy food today that now I'm starving. :lol:

maureen kempster
01-04-2013, 12:11 PM
good afternoon everyone

well, I'm on day 7 of week 1 and so far I've only used 3 points of the bonus points! I feel good and I only wish I could remember that when I get discouraged. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow after weigh in.

I hope you're all having a great friday

maureen

Tina
01-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Happy Friday,

Maureen, fingers crossed for a great weigh-in tomorrow.

I got on our scales this morning and was not happy. Today I am counting everything!
Next week, I'll find a meeting and go get the material.
Right now, I'm on my way to Target to walk...and shop. :)

Everyone keep up the good work!

Tammy
01-04-2013, 11:43 PM
lol @ Tina. I am the same way sometimes when I eat healthy. I feel like I need something!

Maureen, good luck at weigh in!!

auntie
01-05-2013, 01:09 AM
Hi,
Can't sleep so I figured I would play on the iPad! My favorite thing to do. Did I tell you that Pat got me a Fitbit for Christmas? It counts your steps and tracks it on your phone, iPad, etc.... You can compete with friends. So my sister, Lu and I are going crazy trying to beat the other one with the most steps. Also hops on the exercise ball, sit nd bounce on it. I love that!

I go to WW in the morning. I'll let you know how I do. I have decided This IS MY YEAR! Remind me that in about a week, please!

Do you happen to know how many calories each daily daily is about? When I went to the dietician she was surprised that my resting metabolism was lower that what she thought. So I just thought I probably need to adjust my points some how.
I'll ask tomorrow if it's not crazy.

Oh school was great this week. No school. We start Monday and it's a work day. Kids come back on Tuesday.

Stay warm!

maureen kempster
01-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Happy Saturday

I lost 3.4 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy - it's incentive to stick to it-I know we can all do this - we are strong - so here's to a new page - let's just keep going -

talk to you later

maureen

Tina
01-05-2013, 11:06 AM
It's Saturday and it's cold and raining,

I have a doozy of a cold today.....too much Christmas. :lol:

Tammy, does Maurice have a special doggy bed or is your bed "his" bed? :)
Susan, we could've texted during the night because I was awake because of this cold. I've never heard of Firbit. I'll have to check that out.
Maureen, how was weigh-in?
Jeanne, are you working today???

Sis and Dori, we miss you all.

:flow1:

Tina
01-05-2013, 11:16 AM
Maureen. :dance: :dance: That is so great!!!!!!!!!

auntie
01-05-2013, 12:05 PM
I'm down 2 pounds! Jeanne, we should have texted. :) feel better! It is a Fitbit. The Activelink WW has, there is a monthly fee too. With this there isn't.

Tina
01-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Susan, it's me, Tina, who was up last night!!!
Congratulations on that loss.

auntie
01-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Tina, you should have texted me! I wake up at all random times of the night, at first I don't do anything, then I play on the phone or ipad. :D Feel better! :) talk about out of it! I can't even read! Sorry Tina

Tina
01-05-2013, 07:46 PM
LOL Susan... also, good going getting all your steps in!!!!!

auntie
01-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Some how I had the same message as earlier post again and it wouldn't let me delete it. :)

Tammy
01-05-2013, 10:46 PM
Maurice has his cage for when I leave the room. I also brought a little doggy bed for him that he uses sometimes. Most of the time during the day, he is beside me on the couch. At night, he is in my bed. He has a blanket that I put on bed and he curls up in it.

Tina
01-05-2013, 10:54 PM
Tammy, that's what I figured. :). My sister's kitty sleeps up near her head.

jar1965
01-06-2013, 07:31 AM
Good morning ladies! I was off yesterday.......took all the decorations & tree down. What a work out! Lol, 7 trips up to the attic! :dizzy:
I was so excited to see all of our losses! Makes me want to stick with it!!
Nothing on my agenda today.....however I still have my Christmas money from my in laws & the Vera Bradley outlet is running a sale ....50% off of everything in the store....so, I'm thinking I "should" check it out. Lol. Oh, not to mention I have a $20 off of $20 bday coupon! Mmmm hmmm!
I also want to look into this fit bit Susan is talking about!!!
Have a great Sunday everyone! Susan - I love my iPad too!!

maureen kempster
01-06-2013, 12:54 PM
good afternoon everyone

well, I made pasta for the week(I'll take for lunch) and I have some portebello mushrooms marinating in the fridge that I'm going to pan fry for supper - I can't wait - it's snowing again and looks pretty outside - all nice and clean - it's not too cold out - 21 F - so I think I'll go for a small walk -

Tammy
01-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Jeanne, 7 trips to the attic made me tired just reading it.

Maureen, hope you enjoyed your walk! It is raining here, so I won't be walking until it stops. I need to go to the store, so maybe I'll do some laps there before I get started.

Tina
01-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Decorations---Larry is taking down our outside ones. Our tree will stay up until tomorrow. :lol: I've got a disgusting cold that's in my nose, eyes and throat. Larry went to church this morning and I stayed on the sofa, blowing my nose! :(

Maureen, your mushrooms sound so good!

Jeanne, enjoy your day off.

Tammy, I like to walk in the grocery store.

Susan, what's going on?

:flow2:

Tammy
01-08-2013, 12:36 AM
Tina, hope you are feeling better! I ended up getting some walking done before the store when the rain stopped. It was nice today but very windy. More rain tomorrow but warm. Looks like it should be nice the rest of the week.

jar1965
01-08-2013, 05:31 AM
Have a nice day ladies!!

maureen kempster
01-08-2013, 06:09 AM
you too Jeanne.

So far I've managed to stick to program. I always feel good when I eat properly - why can't I remember that? I'm so close to ordering one of those fitbits but really want to make sure it's just not another gimick. How's it working for you Susan?

Well, let's all have a fantastic day we're worth it

talk to you later

Tina
01-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Hi all,

Tammy, THANK YOU for the well wishes!
I developed laryngitis yesterday. Yuck. I've got phlegm in my chest and feel thoroughly sorry for myself. Since the dr. says it is a virus, pills will not help. Liquids, liquids, liquids!

Everyone stay well.

Tammy
01-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Maureen, I'm like you with the fitbit. I have so many things now that I don't use.

Tina, yucky!!!! Keep drinking!!

I started tracking again at Sparkpeople.com. Hoping that will help keep me on track.

jar1965
01-09-2013, 05:24 AM
Tina - feel better soon!!!

maureen kempster
01-09-2013, 05:56 AM
Tina, get better soon -

Tina
01-10-2013, 10:35 AM
:bday2you: Jeanne. :bday2you:

Tammy
01-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Happy Birthday Jeanne!!
Hope she saves us a piece of cake. One piece to split between all of us would be good!!

Tina
01-10-2013, 08:02 PM
Oh yes, I. could handle a little piece!
:lol:

jar1965
01-11-2013, 05:20 AM
Thanks ladies! One of my co-workers brought cupcakes. Went for lunch at subway with Jessica, flowers from Kait and dinner at applebees with bob! I'm afraid to get on the scale. Lol. Tonight dinner with my inlaws.

Have a great day everyone. I think I'll WI tomorrow.

maureen kempster
01-12-2013, 02:16 PM
Good day all

I didn't go weigh in today but I'm starting week #3 and still journaling. I feel good and do think I lost at least a pound - my scale was off by a pound last week from my weigh in at WW so I'm sure I'm down-

All's well here - just finished my first full week back to work after all the holidays but it went by a lot fast than I thought it would.

Let's all have a great day we deserve it

Tina
01-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Hi all,

Jeanne, it sounds you had a fantastic birthday celebration. Did you get to weigh-in today?

Maureen, That's good that the week went fast at work. Don't you wish they'd all do that! You are doing great OP. :carrot:
I'm still sick...a whole week of this. It can take up to 10 days, I've heard.

Tammy what's happening?

Susan, are y'all still having snow?

Tammy
01-13-2013, 09:07 PM
Maureen, good for you for journaling! I am back at it also at Sparkpeople. It really makes me realize how much is going in my mouth. I'm not following WW plan, just trying to use common sense. (Ha!)

Tina, sorry to hear that you are still sick. :(

I've been getting out and walking every day. Some days it has only been about 15 minutes, and other days it has been about an hour. I haven't lost anymore, and that is frustrating, but I know if I stick with it, it will come off. I would like to hit 10 pounds off by the time the kids get here mid-Feb., but I may have just jinxed myself. lol

Tina
01-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Hi all,
I'm so ready for summer!!!!!
Today feels like winter. It's cold, dreary, and rainy.
I'm actually feeling some better. Since the dr. wouldn't give me pills, (he thought it might be a virus) I'm taking a refill of some I still had. I can tell a difference already! :dance:
I am so tired of decaf tea. :lol:

I'm checking my one-pot WW cookbook for easy recipes.

maureen kempster
01-16-2013, 05:00 AM
week #3 day #5

I'm still on program and still feel positive - I just have to do this one day at a time - I signed up for WW on line again for 3 months - not sure if it's any good but I'll follow for the time signed and see how it goes this time!!

My friend in Edmonton is buying my condo!!! She'll take it over in June - she wants it for her daughter. So that's one expensive I won't have to worry about. It's a big relief.

I hope everyone's great and let's all have a good day on program we're worth it.

Tina
01-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Good for you, Maureen. :carrot: It sounds like you are doing great.
And, yea for selling your condo!!!!!!!!! Now you won't have to worry about taxes over there. How is work?

Susan has had snow. We are just having cold, miserable weather. I am ready for spring/summer.

Tammy
01-17-2013, 11:09 AM
Tina, I have done that with leftover medicines before too. Sometimes I do that before I go to the doctor. lol Glad to hear you are a bit better.

Maureen, that has to be such a relief about the condo!

The weather here has been very nice. It is supposed to rain later today and get cooler.

I am down another pound! Yay!

Tina
01-17-2013, 01:05 PM
Yea. Tammy!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you. Keep it up! Don't get wet.

I weighed this morning and was the same. I've got to exercise to lose. Maybe next week, I can get back to a little walking.

maureen kempster
01-19-2013, 06:30 AM
good for you Tammy
does anyone know how to change your start date on WW's on line? today should be day #1 wk#4 but because I started on line last sunday tomorrow's day #1!!! - I went way off program yesterday - I had some fries - nice greasy fries!!! but that's okay I'm back today-I'm having a protein shake for breakfast: chocolate whey powder; banana; frozen cranberries; spinach and water-it's so good and only 2 points.
woke up to more snow but much milder out there - but according to the forecasts we're in for a deep freeze next week - boo hoo let spring get here soon

Well, let's all have a great Saturday we deserve it

jar1965
01-19-2013, 10:12 AM
Good morning everyone! Crazzzzzy busy week! Trained all week in my department. Bob was on daylight, so dinner every night. Didn't & WON'T weigh in this weekend!:( :(
Beautiful sunny day here in Pennsylvania! Cold though. If you get the chance to go to any movies this week, check out jack reacher. You will see the beautiful city of Pittsburgh. It was filmed here. Good movie & Tom cruise is in it.;)
Going to go wash bobs truck. Then lunch with one of my girlfriends. Have a nice day!

Tammy
01-20-2013, 08:38 PM
Thanks all!

Tina, take it easy since you are just now feeling better.

Maureen, I've never done the online thing, so I don't know how to do that.

Jeanne, someone else said that movie was good. May have to check it out.

maureen kempster
01-22-2013, 06:48 AM
good morning everyone

all I can say is it's cold here!!BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - oh well January's almost over so spring's just around the corner-I'm still staying on program-yesterday when I got home I went for a walk through the halls of my apartment building - I live in an 8 storey building - it takes about a minute to walk from end to end of a floor(it's a double building!) so I zig zagged from my floor-3rd- up to the 8th back down across each floor to the main level- I did this twice and managed to get a 25 minute brisk walk out of it and not have to go out and freeze. I plan to do the same today.

I just wish the numbers on the scale would go down a bit faster - but I guess as long as I'm healthy I'm grateful. I really can't ask for anything else - all else is just gravy.

Well, I hope we all have a fantastic day on program we all deserve it

maureen

Tina
01-22-2013, 05:45 PM
Hi all,

Maureen, please keep that cold weather up there! :). You have your exercise all figured out.
Sometimes, I walk up and down our townhouse stairs for 6 minutes. That really gets my heart rate up.
Everyone get your exercise in!!!

Tammy
01-23-2013, 12:33 AM
Maureen, good going on the walking! I agree with Tina, keep the cold!

I have been walking every day. Since I'm on 2nd floor this year, I am getting some steps in during the day with taking Maurice out and everytime I go somewhere. I have been consistent about logging my foods at Sparkpeople, and all but 2 days I have been at calorie limit or below. One of those bad days, I went to a Chinese buffet with friends. When I got back to the room, I got on computer and tried to remember what all I ate. I think I had a gazillion calories! lol

jar1965
01-23-2013, 04:55 AM
Oh my land......brrrrrr......thank you my Canadian friends fr sending us your cold front! Lol! Stay warm. Talk later!

maureen kempster
01-23-2013, 12:04 PM
any time Jeanne we have enough cold to share - we're not selfish up here you know LOL!!!

Tina
01-23-2013, 06:24 PM
Everyone is invited to come on down to Houston.
Our temps are in the high to middle 70's this week. This is our January winter!
:lol:

maureen kempster
01-23-2013, 07:29 PM
Tina I'm packing I'll be on your door step tomorrow - it's -13 F right now

Tammy
01-24-2013, 12:06 PM
Brrrrrr to -13! I am cold just thinking about it. I have chuckled a few times here because people have complained about the cold. It was about 50, and some were bundled up in winter coats, hats, and gloves. I had on a long sleeved shirt, jeans, and sandals. lol

Last week at the mgr's reception, I had a glass of wine. Afterwards I had a terrible headache. Last night at trivia, I had a glass, and I ended up with a headache again. That has never happened to me before. I like to have a glass of wine now and then, but now I"m scared to try again. Any ideas for why it happened now and never before?

I get to change the butterfly again. It is very slow, but I guess I am making some progress. My sugar levels have been great too, so I am doing something right. My friend Mike has lost 13 pounds in 3 weeks. I told him that I hate him. lol I have lost 5 since I left home Christmas Day.

Have a super day everyone!

Tina
01-24-2013, 12:29 PM
Brrr.... is right!
My sister lived in Jakarta, Indonesia for several years. When it got cloudy and in the high 70's, people would wear jackets. I wondered why they owned jackets in the first place! :lol:

Tammy, sorry but I know nothing about wine and its effects. There's always Google. :)
And, congratulations on your loss. :dance: Keep it up!

Does someone want to start us another thread?

Tammy
01-25-2013, 09:41 AM
LOL @ wearing jackets in the 70's! I checked google about wine and headaches. It did say that some people are bothered by certain wines. I won't be having that kind again.

I know we are only supposed to weigh once a week, but I get antsy. I weighed again, am down another pound. I think I will just stay in Georgia till I lose the 30 I want to lose. Then I'll go back to Ohio. lol

Tina
01-25-2013, 11:11 AM
Tammy, that sounds like a reasonable idea, staying there until you lose! :lol:

Tammy
01-26-2013, 10:21 PM
Wonder what Tim and Lauren would say if I said I wasn't coming home till then? lol

Want to start new thread next week for February since we are so close?

Tina
01-26-2013, 11:29 PM
Next week sounds good!

I didn't count pts. today but think I did okay.

maureen kempster
01-28-2013, 06:20 AM
good morning everyone

well this weekend was a complete right off - I totally went off the rails eating - chocolate, chips etc - so back on program today - I don't know why I do that to myself - I'm going to make myself walk as soon as I get home and I'm tracking.

hope you had a better weekend than I did - but today's another day and a new start

let's all have a good one

maureen

Tina
01-29-2013, 09:41 PM
Hi all,

I have journaled for two days straight! I've stayed within my points both days.
:carrot:
Everyone have a good Wednesday.

maureen kempster
01-30-2013, 06:37 AM
hurray Tina -

Well, my condo looks like it'll be sold for March 1 - keep your fingers crossed. My tenant has found an apartment on the same floor to rent so I'm glad for them. But until the funding goes through for my friend - and I don't think there'll be any problem- I'm on edge - I could end up with an empty unit and I really don't want the expense!!

Well, let's all have a great day on program

maureen

Tina
01-31-2013, 09:57 AM
Morning all,
Maureen, I'll keep my fingers crossed that the sale goes through for you!!!!!

Good news here--I'm down half a pound! I thoight it should be more. :lol: But, I'll take it.

Everyone have a great day.

Tammy
02-01-2013, 09:17 PM
I started a February thread!! Woo hoo!!