Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Wednesday 12/5/2012

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Wednesday 12/5/2012

lisa32989
12-05-2012, 06:27 AM
elcome3:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

libertybelle
12-05-2012, 07:09 AM
Good HumpDay, Folks!

I hope this finds everyone well and willing!

Lost 2+ pounds and 1.5 inches at my weigh in yesterday. Seen my coach three times and she has used three different scales so using mine at home to track my weight.
I want to thank you all for being who you are! I know there were days I may not have made it OP if it weren't for reading here.

I haven't decided my mantra for today yet. It will either be, "take care of you, if you don't, who else will? " or "take care of you, so you can take care of those you love. "

Does anyone ever have those awful feelings of shame that you will embarrass your loved ones because of your weight? Oh well...

Okay, Let's go do this thing! And be proud for it!

sonyainva
12-05-2012, 07:11 AM
Morning ladies, today is weigh in, according to my home scale I am down 0.6 for the week(last week no loss on scale, fat loss and muscle gain)

will wait for official number - always slightly different by 4 to 5 pounds

worked out to FIRM's Jiggle Free arms. loved it.

was tired by the end of the workout

Nolawhodatchick
12-05-2012, 07:41 AM
Hi everyone-

Congrats on the losses, yaelbelle and sonyainva!

I just put a size large (12-14ish??), brand new holiday shirt up on the clothing exchange. $88 retail, never worn, free to first requester. I hope someone can use it, it would be great for holiday parties.

sonyainva
12-05-2012, 07:47 AM
yaebelle congrats on your loss.

great motto either way for the day

Shedit
12-05-2012, 07:59 AM
Good HumpDay, Folks!

Lost 2+ pounds and 1.5 inches at my weigh in yesterday. Seen my coach three times and she has used three different scales so using mine at home to track my weight.
I want to thank you all for being who you are! I know there were days I may not have made it OP if it weren't for reading here.

I haven't decided my mantra for today yet. It will either be, "take care of you, if you don't, who else will? " or "take care of you, so you can take care of those you love. "

Does anyone ever have those awful feelings of shame that you will embarrass your loved ones because of your weight? Oh well...

Good luck with your weigh in and congrats on your success! Today is my second weigh in and I am feeling good about it.

The plan makes me feel better than I have for a long time. I am lucky because other than the first day this has been easy on a physical level.

Emotionally, being overweight is such a complex web of emotion.

For me it is all about self esteem. A battle I have fought my entire adult life. I fundamentally believe that had I not struggled with self worth I would have never gained weight. So in my case, yes there is shame. But the shame keeps me from moving forward and then a cycle can begin. Take off weight, pride, low self worth regain some, lower self worth quit trying regain more, wake up in looking at mirror take off weight again....rinse and repeat.

Sometimes it is easier to observe this in Oprah than in my own mirror. She is so open with her issues and to most of us they are unimaginable. I recall a few years back in her magazine where she thru in the towel to all future weight loss plans. At the time, I feared for her. It is my understanding that she will begin again January 1st, not sure which format she is trying. Not that we are lacking public with our struggles but can you imagine how public she feels?

The common thread seems to be self esteem!

I love the IP plan for ease and speed. This entire time I am working on self esteem as well as studing up for maintenance. These boards are no small part of all of that for me.
Belle I wish you a life without shame and a day that supports you in every dream! As you imagine it, all things are possible.
Jan

mompattie
12-05-2012, 08:05 AM
I saw 249 on the scale this morning!!!!! :carrot::carrot: I have NEVER EVER been under 250. Ever. Well cept maybe as a toddler. :D

Gonna haul my sick butt outta bed today and try to shine!

sonyainva
12-05-2012, 08:08 AM
I saw 245 on the scale this morning!!!!! :carrot::carrot: I have NEVER EVER been under 250. Ever. Well cept maybe as a toddler. :D

MomPattie, a 245 pound toddler, lmao

hearty congrats to you, you have worked hard to get here, keep it up:carrot::carrot:

MommaHen
12-05-2012, 08:20 AM
I saw 249 on the scale this morning!!!!! :carrot::carrot: I have NEVER EVER been under 250. Ever. Well cept maybe as a toddler. :D

Three CHEERS for YOU! :) I am so happy for you!!!!:dance::dance::dance:

I did that happy dance all day yesterday when I saw 199.8 on the scale!!!

Nolawhodatchick
12-05-2012, 08:22 AM

YAY! CONGRATS!!!

I saw 159 this morning, so I'm in the 150s for the first time in about 6 years! It's a good day! :carrot:

Shedit
12-05-2012, 08:27 AM
Congrats Sonya, momma and Patti....y'all are rocking it and staying the course.

I am so envious of you weight loss graphics eager for mine. Love the visual of it! Have a great day

Shedit
12-05-2012, 08:27 AM
YAY! CONGRATS!!!

I saw 159 this morning, so I'm in the 150s for the first time in about 6 years! It's a good day! :carrot:

That must feel wonderful CONGRATS!

ragdoll74
12-05-2012, 08:32 AM
yaelbelle - Nice weigh in!

mompattie- that's really fantastic!

My goal this week is to try and mix up my food choices a little. I've been eating mostly the same 4-5 veggies and either beef or chicken the last few weeks/months. I actually love eating those veggies and proteins, but I am wondering if its contributing to my abrupt slow down in losses each week.

I still have 28 lbs of fat to get rid of for my original goal of 140, but I think that I need to reduce my goal to 135. That would put me at about 23-24% body fat.

Hoping everyone has a great OP day!

Roo2
12-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Good Morning Ladies-
We were having wonderfully unseasonably warm few days in December here in the Midwest but this morning when taking the doggies out I felt the chill of winter.
Got on the scale and I lost 2lbs finally my weight matches what my Drivers License weight says! Can't weight till I get to goal and have my New Weight and picture on it.
Question for exercise I have only been walking like instructed...but I really would like to start toning up my Droopy Dog skin if possible will this effect my weight loss not talking about Doing a bunch of Cardio .
I am 20 lbs from goal and I do not want to impede my weight loss but I feel like I need to sling my Breast over my shoulders so I don't trip over them.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
hope everyone's day is filled with successes!
Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

ragdoll74
12-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Roo2- These suggestions aren't for excercise, just skin firming suggestions.

Rainbows started a thread with some remedies, and also have you tried having the IP jello every other day?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270734-loose-skin-remedies.html

sahmmommy2
12-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Good Morning Friends!

Gulping coffee and trying to get the kids ready for school and swimming. Going to be a busy day.

Congratulations on the losses everyone. I haven't figured out how to do the multiple quote yet so this will have to do:o

This is going to sound funny, but I think my head is shrinking on IP. I can't keep my sunglasses on my head anymore. I don't know what is up with that????

rofl306
12-05-2012, 09:29 AM

Congratulations on ONDERLAND!!:carrot:

scorbett1103
12-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Morning ladies, today is weigh in, according to my home scale I am down 0.6 for the week(last week no loss on scale, fat loss and muscle gain)

Amazing job ladies!! You are OWNING it!

Good Morning Ladies-
We were having wonderfully unseasonably warm few days in December here in the Midwest but this morning when taking the doggies out I felt the chill of winter.
Got on the scale and I lost 2lbs finally my weight matches what my Drivers License weight says! Can't weight till I get to goal and have my New Weight and picture on it.
Question for exercise I have only been walking like instructed...but I really would like to start toning up my Droopy Dog skin if possible will this effect my weight loss not talking about Doing a bunch of Cardio .
I am 20 lbs from goal and I do not want to impede my weight loss but I feel like I need to sling my Breast over my shoulders so I don't trip over them.

RE: Exercise - there's no reason you can't start to incorporate some weight/flexibility training, just watch what your body is telling you. I actually plan to start some Hatha yoga (gentle yoga) in the next few weeks, for the same reasons. Your body will let you know if you've pushed yourself a little too hard, just watch for unusual fatigue or a major stall in your losses. If you're already adding an extra packet with your walking you should be fine.

I'll add a little scale success to the roster, after my ZIPPO losses last week, I just weighed in and I'm down 3.2lbs! I'm actually at the top end of my pre-babies weight range!

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

sonyainva
12-05-2012, 09:36 AM
YAY! CONGRATS!!!

Welcome to the 150's.

I have been in the 30's since October 16th, so waiting for the 20's.

I would do a dance as well

sonyainva
12-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Good Morning Ladies-

Roo we are the same height, I am shooting for between 115 and 120 as well. so happy to have someone with the same stats as well. i am currently at 131

sonyainva
12-05-2012, 09:39 AM
How do you respond to multiple people at the same time? please teach me

scorbett1103
12-05-2012, 09:41 AM
How do you respond to multiple people at the same time? please teach me

In the lower right corner of the post you want to quote, there's a button with quotation marks on it. Click that button on each post you want to quote, and then click "post reply" when you are ready to write your post. All the quotes will show up in your response :)

rofl306
12-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Congrats to everyone on the great losses! I am excited for you all! I hope you have another great week!

I am holding on to my 160's. I think my body is afraid to leave them. I have been overweight since my pregnancy 15 years ago. It is a scary big to little change for my body. (Although my mind always thought I was little.) I keep reminding myself that the only control I have is to stay on program and the rest will take care of it self. Sigh! Patience grasshopper!

Debrasb
12-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Hi everyone!
I'm in Vegas today on a work trip, my first one on IP. I successfully navigated yesterday, my trip out, with jicama and lettuce brought from home. Today I am trying to obsessively figure out my meals and where I'll get things before my flight home so that I'm not stuck going too long.

The good news--yesterday the dress I wore to the event was a...wait for it....12P!!! This is coming from an 18/20 just 3.5 months ago. It felt amazing!

Now if I could just get back to east coast time, I'll be set :-)

FYI: I posted a recipe for a raspberry jello mold on www.unlimitedlettuce.com (http://www.unlimitedlettuce.com) -- Enjoy!

mightbe
12-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Good Morning Friends!

Gulping coffee and trying to get the kids ready for school and swimming. Going to be a busy day.

Congratulations on the losses everyone. I haven't figured out how to do the multiple quote yet so this will have to do:o

This is going to sound funny, but I think my head is shrinking on IP. I can't keep my sunglasses on my head anymore. I don't know what is up with that????

I can relate, I am constantly pushing my glasses back up my nose! :o

Congrats on all the great weigh ins :D

jampooh
12-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Everyone is doing so well. I had whoosh today at my WI. Lost 6#s!! Total 36#
Treating myself to big salad with grilled chicken and herbal tea out for lunch.

scorbett1103
12-05-2012, 12:23 PM

Wow! Great job!!

kileymed13
12-05-2012, 12:32 PM
I'll add a little scale success to the roster, after my ZIPPO losses last week, I just weighed in and I'm down 3.2lbs! I'm actually at the top end of my pre-babies weight range! QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jampooh;4548506]Everyone is doing so well. I had whoosh today at my WI. Lost 6#s!! Total 36#

Good HumpDay, Folks!

YAY! CONGRATS!!!

Congrats everyone!!! I had my WI this morning and was -1. I also told my coach I have started using some alternative products. She told me she can't help much with those but will continue to monitor to see the impact of using alternatives, I reminded her I had a not so great weekend (pizza) and that was the likely culprit. So many people have said there is little to no impact for them and that is what I expect.

GoalFor40
12-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Hi everyone! I have been MIA for a few weeks, went off the rails for a while but I am back, on plan, and back down to the weight I left off at. Looking forward to pushing that scale between now and Christmas!

I have received so many compliments from people in the last few weeks, and it really helped me reconfirm my commitment to seeing this through to the end.

Glad to see all of the great posts today- congrats to MomPattie and mommahen on your milestones! Scorbett, loving the new picture, I can tell you are getting close to goal. I hope you'll do a before and after for us when you do!

Happy Wednesday everyone!

benice
12-05-2012, 12:49 PM
In the lower right corner of the post you want to quote, there's a button with quotation marks on it. Click that button on each post you want to quote, and then click "post reply" when you are ready to write your post. All the quotes will show up in your response :)

Thank you!!! I've been wondering this, too!

jmuroff1
12-05-2012, 12:56 PM
THAT'S AWESOME!!! Now to make if official...change the ticker!! I find when i get to change my ticker and see that new number i feel so accomplished! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!! :hug:

benice
12-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Uggh. I'm so sorry to ask a dumb question, but I'm not finding the answer I'm looking for all that readily. Can someone tell me what the rule of thumb is for determining whether an alternative product is restricted vs. nonrestricted? Thank you!

scorbett1103
12-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Congrats everyone!!! I had my WI this morning and was -1. I also told my coach I have started using some alternative products. She told me she can't help much with those but will continue to monitor to see the impact of using alternatives, I reminded her I had a not so great weekend (pizza) and that was the likely culprit. So many people have said there is little to no impact for them and that is what I expect.

Welcome to the dark side! LOL :) You'll do great, Faunce Corner has been a lifesaver for me, there are only a couple of things they don't carry that I've thought about ordering online.

PS - They DO sell a pizza mix by Proti-Diet, I haven't tried it but I think Rainbow said it was pretty good!

scorbett1103
12-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Uggh. I'm so sorry to ask a dumb question, but I'm not finding the answer I'm looking for all that readily. Can someone tell me what the rule of thumb is for determining whether an alternative product is restricted vs. nonrestricted? Thank you!

Unrestricted - 8g net carbs or less

Restricted - 9g net carbs to about 15g net carbs

Extra restricted (limit to once or twice a week) - more than 15g net carbs

2sweet4u
12-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Step 8
Hyaluronic Acid is naturally found in our body's tissues. It depletes over time, so it's worth supplementing your diet with some. It is critical for muscle growth, so if you're replacing pounds of fat with muscle, it's definitely worth taking. Smokers tend to be lacking this nutrient. It needs magnesium to synthesize, so ensure you're taking magnesium daily to reap its benefits.

rainbow posted this as a "skin firming" suggestion. Where do you find Hyaluronic Acid?

MommaHen
12-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Thank you all....ONDERLAND feels so WONDERFUL....been a long time coming!!!!

:chicken:

benice
12-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Unrestricted - 8g net carbs or less

Restricted - 9g net carbs to about 15g net carbs

Extra restricted (limit to once or twice a week) - more than 15g net carbs

Thanks! And Net Carbs=Total Carbs-Fiber (right?)

Lizzy63
12-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Step 8
Hyaluronic Acid is naturally found in our body's tissues. It depletes over time, so it's worth supplementing your diet with some. It is critical for muscle growth, so if you're replacing pounds of fat with muscle, it's definitely worth taking. Smokers tend to be lacking this nutrient. It needs magnesium to synthesize, so ensure you're taking magnesium daily to reap its benefits.

rainbow posted this as a "skin firming" suggestion. Where do you find Hyaluronic Acid?

First, congrats on all the losses, especially mompattie and mommahen with big milestones! Way to go, ladies!

I use a skin care product that contains hyaluronic acid - CeraVe cleanser and moisturizer. Don't think it's in any of my supplements, though. Anyhow, very gentle and great for sensitive skin.

scorbett1103
12-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Thanks! And Net Carbs=Total Carbs-Fiber (right?)

Yes - Dietary fiber is not digested so you can subtract it from the total carbs :)

libertybelle
12-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Step 8

Amazon.com

ragdoll74
12-05-2012, 01:43 PM
First, congrats on all the losses, especially mompattie and mommahen with big milestones! Way to go, ladies!

I use a skin care product that contains hyaluronic acid - CeraVe cleanser and moisturizer. Don't think it's in any of my supplements, though. Anyhow, very gentle and great for sensitive skin.

Good to know, thanks!

Alma4343
12-05-2012, 01:44 PM
By the time I was able to log in here this morning, you guys had lost so much weight. I know I will be missing someone, but GREAT JOB!

:carrot::carrot:

A new decade AND a lifetime lowest weight. CONGRATULATIONS! This is awesome. So Happy to see this. Really perked me up this morning.

SSSSIIIII XXXX pounds! EXCELLENT. Congratulations to you
:carrot:

Good HumpDay, Folks!

Wow, 2 lbs and 1.5 inches that is AMAZING. Congratulations. You are doing great. YES, on the feelings of shame and embarrassment. I have paid for and canceled trips before because I knew I had gained weight and didn't want my friends to see me (many times). I have spent so many of my adult years not being quite "comfortable" because I felt so heavy. I just CANNOT go back there. Good luck. We WILL do this and maintain!

Kay2012
12-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Congrats to all the great WI's! Welcome to ONDERLAND, MommaHen. It does feel amazing.

breezie68
12-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Oy vey. Made it through the first of MANY holiday parties here at work. Tons of amazing food. None phase 1 compatable. Oh well, I made it, and stayed 100%. I kept thinking "next year, next year".

NinjaNurse
12-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Hello everyone!! Congrats on all the great WI's!!!

Congrats breezie68 on a great NSV!!!

My WI was cancelled this morning due to a fire at a landscaping business across the street from my center. I didn't think it was even a running business. No one was hurt, the firemen did a great job and were able to contain the fire and keep it away from the chemicals on the property.

Anyway, my WI is tomorrow.

NSV: I fit into size 20 jeans that I couldnt even button a couple of weeks ago. Still tight in the waist, but loose in the legs.

Thanks Scorbett for telling me I looked good this morning. Back at ya babe!! I know you looked fab but I was too busy looking at that adorable son of yours!!!

Porthardygurl
12-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Good Morning everyone...

Well..im down on the scale again...Phew...its so hot in this house..But ive been freezing all last night..Im getting cold really quickly so i constantly have the heat on now..It was snowing here this morning..and we are due for more very soon...So excited! and im even excited for my new look..i get a pair of glasses in one week! I have never worn glasses before so it should be interesting..My hubby says i should get a haircut to match..Im not gonna lie..my hubby is going to look very chic himself as he is getting new glasses too!! Yay!!

Well...hope you all have a great day.

scorbett1103
12-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Hello everyone!! Congrats on all the great WI's!!!

Congrats breezie68 on a great NSV!!!

My WI was cancelled this morning due to a fire at a landscaping business across the street from my center. I didn't think it was even a running business. No one was hurt, the firemen did a great job and were able to contain the fire and keep it away from the chemicals on the property.

Anyway, my WI is tomorrow.

NSV: I fit into size 20 jeans that I couldnt even button a couple of weeks ago. Still tight in the waist, but loose in the legs.

Thanks Scorbett for telling me I looked good this morning. Back at ya babe!! I know you looked fab but I was too busy looking at that adorable son of yours!!!

LOL You did look great! I can tell a difference, but then I'm also watching for it :) Can't wait to see what the good news is tomorrow!

Sammie12
12-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Just wanted to say hi. I have been lurking this board for quiet sometime & love all the great information eveyone posts here. I started IP 3 weeks ago & love this diet.

rofl306
12-05-2012, 05:29 PM
It has been snowing and blowing all afternoon. We have big drifts again! I am sick of shovelling and the winter has just begun.

Not to be too stereotyped but my son is upset because the door to his igloo has blown in again. Completely drifted over. Every year he faces it a new direction but every year the entrance drifts over.

rainbowsmiles
12-05-2012, 05:41 PM
It has been snowing and blowing all afternoon. We have big drifts again! I am sick of shovelling and the winter has just begun.

Not to be too stereotyped but my son is upset because the door to his igloo has blown in again. Completely drifted over. Every year he faces it a new direction but every year the entrance drifts over.

Awwww......so envious!!! send some my way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was too hot today at 72 degrees!!!

LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW!!!!

Hgamroth
12-05-2012, 06:04 PM

Ok I lost track in my responding to messages so... CONGRATS TO ALL YOU LOSERS TODAY!!! WOW!!! You all are doing awesome!

I had a big presentation yesterday that went very well. Today I was in a math training ALL DAY and I am so tired and have fought a tummy ache too. I don't know if the grains in my phase 3 breakfasts are agreeing with me. I will try again tomorrow and see if it continues. I am happy that the scale hasn't moved at all since starting phase 3 so that is good. I am hoping it will start going down again since I started running again yesterday. :) Off to help boy scouts and girl scouts decorate their Christmas parade float.

tam67green
12-05-2012, 06:24 PM
My weigh in today showed a 3 lbs loss! I'm shocked...I had convinced myself that I hadn't lost this week. At 214 (don't remember the last time I was at that weight), I can ALMOST see Onederland...I think it's just over that hill! :)

I needed that loss today. It doesn't happen very often, but today was one of those "I'm sick of this diet and I would kill somebody for a bag of potato chips" days. I guess we've all been there--at least I hope I'm not alone in that! Oh well, we're only human and this too shall pass...

byugrl
12-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Good Afternoon IPers

CONGRATS to all the losers and the NSV's !!!

I got my order in today from plain protein. I think this is the way I am going to order my food lots of options on hand. Also I didn't get on the scale for my daily Home WI at my coaches request. We'll see if it makes a difference at the next WI.

I did try the cinnamon jicima for lunch and it was ok.. I think I am going to try Jicima fries next time.

Nolawhodatchick
12-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Thank you all....ONDERLAND feels so WONDERFUL....been a long time coming!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!

Lareena
12-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Has anyone tried the Proti-Diet White Cheddar ridges, I was wondering if they were similar to IP?

scorbett1103
12-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Has anyone tried the Proti-Diet White Cheddar ridges, I was wondering if they were similar to IP?

They are identical to the IP cheddar ridges - same snack, same silver packaging, slightly smaller serving size. I get them all the time :)

lisa32989
12-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Wow WI Wednesday is in full swing!!! Congrats to all! Hoping I have something great to report tomorrow.

I went on a personal shopping appointment today at a "higher-end" re-sale shop run by a local charitable organization. They keep the nicer items and donate the rest to Goodwill. I started IP the first week of August a size 24. I fit in size 16 jeans today :dizzy: :spin: :woohoo:

I bought 3 pairs of Talbots pants at this shop today. I got a Chico's jacket. I got a skirt and several tops. I spent more than I would have at Goodwill but wayyyyy less than I would for this quality of clothing, even on sale, anywhere near stores like Talbots or Chicos.

And the BIG NSV was the sizes. I thought I was a 20. But a 16 & 18? I'm still not over it :dizzy:
Next stop, my next mini goal!

:congrat::getwell:

And yet another BIG WI to report :cp:

scorbett1103
12-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Wow WI Wednesday is in full swing!!! Congrats to all! Hoping I have something great to report tomorrow.

I went on a personal shopping appointment today at a "higher-end" re-sale shop run by a local charitable organization. They keep the nicer items and donate the rest to Goodwill. I started IP the first week of August a size 24. I fit in size 16 jeans today :dizzy: :spin: :woohoo:

I bought 3 pairs of Talbots pants at this shop today. I got a Chico's jacket. I got a skirt and several tops. I spent more than I would have at Goodwill but wayyyyy less than I would for this quality of clothing, even on sale, anywhere near stores like Talbots or Chicos.

And the BIG NSV was the sizes. I thought I was a 20. But a 16 & 18? I'm still not over it :dizzy:
Next stop, my next mini goal!

:congrat::getwell:

And yet another BIG WI to report :cp:

That is AWESOME!!!! You had better post some of those outfits in the What are you Wearing thread so we can share in the amazingness :)

Your next mini goal is getting on the Wii Fit, right? If you do let me know, I've been seriously considering dusting mine off, and I'm all for an accountability partner :)

rofl306
12-05-2012, 07:42 PM
My weigh in today showed a 3 lbs loss! I'm shocked...I had convinced myself that I hadn't lost this week. At 214 (don't remember the last time I was at that weight), I can ALMOST see Onederland...I think it's just over that hill! :)

I needed that loss today. It doesn't happen very often, but today was one of those "I'm sick of this diet and I would kill somebody for a bag of potato chips" days. I guess we've all been there--at least I hope I'm not alone in that! Oh well, we're only human and this too shall pass...

Congrats on the 3lbs! You are doing great!

I had those days too. Even though I haven't seen a 3 lb week in a while, I rarely am sick of this diet anymore. Try not to get stuck in a rut and keep coming back here to stay motivated.

Best wishes!

lisa32989
12-05-2012, 07:59 PM
That is AWESOME!!!! You had better post some of those outfits in the What are you Wearing thread so we can share in the amazingness :)

Your next mini goal is getting on the Wii Fit, right? If you do let me know, I've been seriously considering dusting mine off, and I'm all for an accountability partner :)
You got it, girl. I just gotta get to that half-way point...-55 lbs
The wii fit will arrive this week...I just can't "play" until the goal. My coach is fine with it. Moderate exercise is all good. She LOVED the idea of such a positive reward...now I gotta go pack up some clothes for rainbow and pack up some other clothes for goodwill (they're worn, ladies, I really don't think anyone wants them)
I think I'm outta $$ now

Hey! One of the pairs of pants is RED!

What happened with a car? Anything yet?

scorbett1103
12-05-2012, 08:03 PM
You got it, girl. I just gotta get to that half-way point...-55 lbs
The wii fit will arrive this week...I just can't "play" until the goal. My coach is fine with it. Moderate exercise is all good. She LOVED the idea of such a positive reward...now I gotta go pack up some clothes for rainbow and pack up some other clothes for goodwill (they're worn, ladies, I really don't think anyone wants them)
I think I'm outta $$ now

Hey! One of the pairs of pants is RED!

what happened with a car? Anything yet?

Woo hoo! Red pants!

The car...ugh. Transmission is gone. To repair it would cost about $1000 more than it's worth, so we're shopping for another one. I was SO getting to like not having a car payment too! But whatever, we need to get around so it's just a necessary evil. I might just buy a horse. Hay is cheaper than gas, right? LOL

Lareena
12-05-2012, 08:27 PM
They are identical to the IP cheddar ridges - same snack, same silver packaging, slightly smaller serving size. I get them all the time :)

Great thanks, I will have to add that to my next order.
I cannot believe how many items are so similar.

lisa32989
12-05-2012, 08:56 PM

I noticed the smaller serving size immediately. I guess I'm still stuck on more food...:o

NinjaNurse
12-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Getting on the info bandwagon!! I have had a couple of people ask me all about IP on my other board. I did a pretty good job, telling them what I know and I ALWAYS refer them here. (Channeling my inner scorbett) It was nice to see people interested and happy for me. I am wondering if anyone will join. Too bad the referral program at my clinic isn't State wide!!

If I have a decent WI, I just might stop at the consignment shop next to the clinic. I need a Winter coat. Mine has always been big and it's only going to get bigger. Or me smaller??? I have wanted a new Winter coat for years, but Damm Lands End!! This coat is 9yrs old and it looks as good as when I got it for Christmas!! DH bought it for me our 1st Christmas together!! I hate giving it up because it is sentimental but...........

Anyone know of or try a 'Gingerbread' recipe for IP?? I saw one for scones on some IP site I found, but I don't think it's what I am looking for. I know Molasses is a BIG flavor and a BIG no no right now. But this time of year, I am always drooling for all kinds of ginger cake, bread, cookies............

scorbett1103
12-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Getting on the info bandwagon!! I have had a couple of people ask me all about IP on my other board. I did a pretty good job, telling them what I know and I ALWAYS refer them here. (Channeling my inner scorbett) It was nice to see people interested and happy for me. I am wondering if anyone will join. Too bad the referral program at my clinic isn't State wide!!

If I have a decent WI, I just might stop at the consignment shop next to the clinic. I need a Winter coat. Mine has always been big and it's only going to get bigger. Or me smaller??? I have wanted a new Winter coat for years, but Damm Lands End!! This coat is 9yrs old and it looks as good as when I got it for Christmas!! DH bought it for me our 1st Christmas together!! I hate giving it up because it is sentimental but...........

Anyone know of or try a 'Gingerbread' recipe for IP?? I saw one for scones on some IP site I found, but I don't think it's what I am looking for. I know Molasses is a BIG flavor and a BIG no no right now. But this time of year, I am always drooling for all kinds of ginger cake, bread, cookies............

Have you tried the DaVinci gingerbread syrup? They have it at Faunce Corner Nutrition, I am sure you could use it to get the flavor in a vanilla shake or even to flavor the cookies or scones.

NinjaNurse
12-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Have you tried the DaVinci gingerbread syrup? They have it at Faunce Corner Nutrition, I am sure you could use it to get the flavor in a vanilla shake or even to flavor the cookies or scones.

OMG you are killing me!!! Do I need a run to Faunce Corner tomorrow?? I was planning to go to CTS with Saoirse. DAMM!! Must be good, I am going to the outlets Friday.

scorbett1103
12-05-2012, 10:18 PM
OMG you are killing me!!! Do I need a run to Faunce Corner tomorrow?? I was planning to go to CTS with Saoirse. DAMM!! Must be good, I am going to the outlets Friday.

LOL It's only about 3 minutes up the road from CTS, quick swing in and out :) The bottle is big and it's $7.50 :)

Lose2Win
12-06-2012, 12:42 AM
Finished with vacations for awhile. So happy to say I stayed OP the entire trip home with tons of outings. It was so hard!!! I can't make my weigh in tomorrow, so I went today, a day early, and am down another 2.25 pounds :dizzy: I am just counting the days to onederland....can't wait for that!! Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday.....keep on keeping on!! :)

mompattie
12-06-2012, 12:52 AM
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="3"]Thank you all....ONDERLAND feels so WONDERFUL....been a long time coming!!!!

Sooooo happy and proud of you!!!!!

Same here! ;). The boys are going crazy fixing their forts!!

Awwww......so envious!!! send some my way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was too hot today at 72 degrees!!!

LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW!!!!

UGH! I'd trade in a second!!!! Cold, wet, cold!!! Did I say COLD???!!! It rained today then blizzard. Highways are a mess!!! LE YUCK!