Ideal Protein Diet - Your sick days experience please........(?TMI)

NinjaNurse
12-03-2012, 10:27 AM
I had a GI bug this w/e. I feel a lot better today but it was very hard for me to drink all the fluid and even eat what I needed.

Thanks to Scorbett for pulling me from the carb ledge but I am still concerned about how things will go at WI and wondered what some of you have done in the past.

I was ok until Saturday afternoon then had about 6 episodes of diarrhea. There was no way I was going to drink all the water I needed so I sipped on herbal tea and finally ate some eggs and cauliflower in the evening when I felt better.
The next morning, I thought I felt better so I made pancakes with the maple oatmeal pack. But felt like crap shortly after ended up taking a nap.

It was late in the afternoon when I was going to go for it and have a bagel. I so wanted something plain in my stomach. I ended up having herbal tea and veggies and broth. It totally helped and I was able to eat a reg dinner.

I probably only had 1/2 the water requirement each day. Plus I lost a lot of fluid on Saturday.

Long story short (too late Ninja), what has worked for you in the past?? Did you go off plan?? Any rec's from your coaches?? I am going to ask mine on Wednesday but I am not hopeful she will even have a clue.

As Winter is approaching, and all sorts of viruses are heading our way, I would love to know what has worked for you and what hasn't.

TIA!

southern
12-03-2012, 10:47 AM
hope you get answers because i've been living off pepto bismol. havent figured out which packet/s are dong it

libertybelle
12-03-2012, 12:46 PM
So glad you are feeling better! I have had a few days where I couldn't hold down food and I simply did my best not to have any "forbidden" foods, but not try to meet the IP requirements, either. So, I didn't have carbs, but I didn't get in all my IP requirements either. It was just the best I could do! I am sorry you had a sick weekend!

I think you take care of you and if it means a small "cheat" you have to take that in the big picture of your OVERALL health. Skinny and sick ain't gonna do you no good either!

Take good care!

greeniris
12-03-2012, 12:57 PM
I made a homemade chicken/vegg soup with IP acceptable veggies twice in the last week. I didn't get all the required food or water in a couple of days either, but we can only do what we can do when we're sick.

Glad you're getting better!

NinjaNurse
12-03-2012, 01:10 PM
I actually posted the ??? on my Center's FB page. Just curious. I'll pass on whatever they say.

Thanks Greeniris!!