Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Monday 12/3/2012

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Monday 12/3/2012

lisa32989
12-03-2012, 08:07 AM
:welcome3:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

libertybelle
12-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Good morning, beautiful people!
It is time to make a Great Monday and I know each of us can do it.
My mantra today when anything crosses my path that might tempt me, irritate me, hurt my feelings: I am stronger than THAT!
Let's go do this thing! :)

ragdoll74
12-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Nice mantra Yaelbelle.

Another 1 lb loss again, thinking this is a pattern developing. 3 lbs, 1 lb, 1 lb, 2 lbs, 3 lbs...The 1 lb loss doesnt bother me at all because my lean muscle mass went up, so that means I still have less fat to lose.

I had a really busy 3 days and was constantly active. Started with painting my home office on Friday and was on the go the rest of the weekend. The only time I got to sit still all weekend was at my daughters state finals competition for Poms. They did win first place!

Hoping everyone had a fantastic weekend and has a great OP day!

rofl306
12-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Very positive start to Monday, yaelbelle!
Great losses, ragdoll74! Congrats to your DD in poems!

My weigh in isn't till tomorrow. I am confident it was a good week. NSV with parties anyway.

Today for me is to shovel lots of snow. It snowed all night and will continue for part of the day. Have a GREAT day!

rofl306
12-03-2012, 10:01 AM
That was poms and auto correct! Lol! Grrrrr!

scorbett1103
12-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Happy Monday!!!

Got a busy morning ahead so just popping in to say hi, hope everyone has a great start to the week! I'll check in later when I'm at work!

sahmmommy2
12-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Woke up feeling like I lost inches in my sleep! Finding my brain is a little slow to keep up with the changes in my body. Hoping for a great WI today! Happy Monday Everyone! Wishing the Skinny Fairy visited everyone last night:D

maezy1
12-03-2012, 10:19 AM
Good Monday Mornin from Baton Rouge. Our winter temp today? a brisk 75degrees. We need a cool front! this is NOT winter weather! Oh well, onto the week. the scale is showing a downward trend even though I cannot get an accurate pic with this cast on. Has anyone had this experience and approx how much does this stupid cast weigh? Im going to google!!! My spirits are good even though lag is a pain in the you know where!

breezie68
12-03-2012, 10:47 AM
Good morning!! These dreams I have on IP are outta control. Mostly because I dream of eating bad things, and in my dream I get so mad at myself. Last night I was dreaming I was eating baked potatoes and peach pie. At least I can "taste"in my dreams...so it really was like eating them! But wow, the disappointment in myself after sabotaging myself in my diet!

ragdoll74
12-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Very positive start to Monday, yaelbelle!
Great losses, ragdoll74! Congrats to your DD in poems!

My weigh in isn't till tomorrow. I am confident it was a good week. NSV with parties anyway.

Today for me is to shovel lots of snow. It snowed all night and will continue for part of the day. Have a GREAT day!

Thank you!
I'm jealous you have snow. It is in the 60's here and it is supposed to be the start of ski season. Guess we have to wait a few more weeks for skiiing. I shouldn't be too upset, no snow means I have a couple weekends to do "nothing" instead of taking my daughter to her ski team practices.

Good morning!! These dreams I have on IP are outta control. Mostly because I dream of eating bad things, and in my dream I get so mad at myself. Last night I was dreaming I was eating baked potatoes and peach pie. At least I can "taste"in my dreams...so it really was like eating them! But wow, the disappointment in myself after sabotaging myself in my diet!

I have those dreams too, but now I look forward to them. Cheating without the actual cheat. :) I think it helps me stay 100% OP.

fam4me
12-03-2012, 11:14 AM

I've done the same thing and it's amazing how "real" they are. I've woken up so angry with myself and then such relief when I finally realize it was only a dream!

NinjaNurse
12-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Happy Monday!!!

Got a busy morning ahead so just popping in to say hi, hope everyone has a great start to the week! I'll check in later when I'm at work!

Love this. Maybe we'll work together tonight, although I don't know if I am up to Bourne madness today.

wuv2bloved
12-03-2012, 12:02 PM
IP food dreams are horrible when you first start but they do go away....lol...Mazey, I agree we do need a cool front to come through. Dec and we are still in shorts, not that I am complaining at all.....lol...its a great Monday so far, lets bring it on!!

Alma4343
12-03-2012, 12:44 PM
Good Morning Everyone,

I finally got up the nerve to put up a picture. I thought it might help me to better connect with people. I know that I remember the people on here more with their pictures up.

Ninja, I think you asked in another thread about being sick. I was really sick last week and couldn't really eat all the veggies etc. My plan was for those 3 days just to stay low carb and try to eat on plan. But, the vegetables were really impossible and I wanted soup and did not have a "brothy" IP one. So, I did have a bowl of chicken broth. I DID drink all my water as I read that helps you get rid of a cold faster.

guttergirl9
12-03-2012, 12:50 PM
I'm so happy w/ myself. Yesterday I did my 14 week weigh-in. I've lost 63 lbs and 30 in. I'm also at my half way point.:carrot:

NinjaNurse
12-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Good Morning Everyone,

I finally got up the nerve to put up a picture. I thought it might help me to better connect with people. I know that I remember the people on here more with their pictures up.

Ninja, I think you asked in another thread about being sick. I was really sick last week and couldn't really eat all the veggies etc. My plan was for those 3 days just to stay low carb and try to eat on plan. But, the vegetables were really impossible and I wanted soup and did not have a "brothy" IP one. So, I did have a bowl of chicken broth. I DID drink all my water as I read that helps you get rid of a cold faster.

Thanks Alma, it sounds like you did exactly what you needed to do.

I am really going to look into this.

MommaHen
12-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Good Monday Morning Everyone. Been a few days since I have checked in on here. Doing well and staying on plan. Today should have been a WI day, but our coach is out sick today. I tried the eggnog someone posted a while back last night and it was yummy. For sure hit the spot of the craving. :)

Hope everyone has a great day and stays OP 100%!!!

Alma4343
12-03-2012, 01:03 PM
I'm so happy w/ myself. Yesterday I did my 14 week weigh-in. I've lost 63 lbs and 30 in. I'm also at my half way point.:carrot:

WOW! What a victory to celebrate. 1/2 way in 14 weeks?!? Alll those lbs and inches GONE! Congratulations. Here is another carrot since I love that dancing carrot ;)

:carrot:

LizRR
12-03-2012, 01:06 PM
I have noticed a lot of talk about "slow losers" from people who dont seem to grasp that losing 1-2% of your weight weekly is HUGE. At ~3.27lb/week average i certainly never considered myself a slow loser, but would be categorized as that by some folks on the board lately. I am very proud of being a Big Loser! All these "small losses" add up! Just ask Wingnut who made it into The Century Club!!!! Molly, congrats on kissing 100lb away for good!!!

LosingLawyer
12-03-2012, 03:07 PM

Those food dreams are the worst. Thankfully I've only had them a couple of times.

Congrats! :carrot:

I have noticed a lot of talk about "slow losers" from people who dont seem to grasp that losing 1-2% of your weight weekly is HUGE. At ~3.27lb/week average i certainly never considered myself a slow loser, but would be categorized as that by some folks on the board lately. I am very proud of being a Big Loser! All these "small losses" add up! Just ask Wingnut who made it into The Century Club!!!! Molly, congrats on kissing 100lb away for good!!!

3+ pounds a week is definitely not slow! Honestly, what other diet can you do where you lose 3 pounds a week?

------------------

Good morning all and Happy Monday! Had a good weigh in this morning, down 1.8 which I am thrilled with considering I'm in the middle of a bad TOM. Wasn't expecting to lose anything, so I'm happy. Had a great weekend and looking forward to another 100% day.

breezie68
12-03-2012, 03:14 PM

That's so AWESOME!!!!! Way to go!!!!:carrot:

pocahontas812
12-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Week 6 WI this morning, down another 2.2 for a total of 19.6 lbs. Was hoping to hit 20, but I know I will be there next week.

Have an 8 hour road trip coming up on Thursday (and then back home again on Sunday). Will be on the road for breakfast and lunch. Will prep my breakfast (wildberry yogurt) before I leave and bring a cooler with ready-made chocolate drink, chopped vegetables, and maybe a couple hard-boiled egg whites for lunch.

Any other good suggestions for lunch on long drives?

ragdoll74
12-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Week 6 WI this morning, down another 2.2 for a total of 19.6 lbs. Was hoping to hit 20, but I know I will be there next week.

Have an 8 hour road trip coming up on Thursday (and then back home again on Sunday). Will be on the road for breakfast and lunch. Will prep my breakfast (wildberry yogurt) before I leave and bring a cooler with ready-made chocolate drink, chopped vegetables, and maybe a couple hard-boiled egg whites for lunch.

I usually do Subway for lunch when I have a long drive. I just get a veggie salad, and bring a WF single serve dressing packet with me.

rofl306
12-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Just watched Dr Oz re: Wheat addiction. I wouldn't have believed it if not for IP. So many people on the chat say lost the cravings after being 100% for a little while after starting. So true. There are so many foods I have no interest in eating again. I am going to take that information with me to maintenance.

pocahontas812
12-03-2012, 03:40 PM
I usually do Subway for lunch when I have a long drive. I just get a veggie salad, and bring a WF single serve dressing packet with me.

Thanks for the suggestion. Does the salad have 2 cups of veggies in it? I find that most restaurant salads have tons of lettuce, a few slices of onion, a pepper ring or two, and a couple tomatoes.

maezy1
12-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Alma - u are beautiful!
guttergilr! CONGRATS that is amazing!!!!

ragdoll74
12-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. Does the salad have 2 cups of veggies in it? I find that most restaurant salads have tons of lettuce, a few slices of onion, a pepper ring or two, and a couple tomatoes.

You have to kind of eyeball it. I ask for extra spinach which looks to be about 1 cup total, then the other veggies I like are probably about 1/2 cup total. When I do have subway salad for lunch, I typically eat a little more veggies with my dinner.

lisa32989
12-03-2012, 04:05 PM
I have noticed a lot of talk about "slow losers" from people who don't seem to grasp that losing 1-2% of your weight weekly is HUGE. At ~3.27lb/week average i certainly never considered myself a slow loser, but would be categorized as that by some folks on the board lately. I am very proud of being a Big Loser! All these "small losses" add up! Just ask Wingnut who made it into The Century Club!!!! Molly, congrats on kissing 100lb away for good!!!

NOBODY is slow loser! IP is removing the 3-5 lbs/week avg claims from their printed materials so any new materials will not have it. Of course, if coaches keep the old materials, they will still say it. My coach has already replaced all of hers (including the signs). I guess b/c she is a regional rep, she wants to best represent the company.

Wow! Now, that is FAST! I won't say I'm a slow loser anymore but I'm not this fast! Congrats. You have some metabolism there, girlie!

2sweet4u
12-03-2012, 05:01 PM
I agree with there are no slow losers, only different bodys :) I lose about 1-2 lbs a week and maybe an inch on average. I am good with that! I just tell myself, my body needs more time to adjust than others :)

BUT, I have been having a really hard time this last week. The temps have settled in the -30-45 range here and I am freezing!! I have been having rather unusual cravings lately, not wanting to eat my veggies and my brain isn't liking my food choices anymore! Any advice on why my tastes changed?

Beck81
12-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Hi everyone. I have just been lurking lately. Redoing our living and dining rooms and have been painting like crazy. Much easier with way less lbs on me! Looks like everyone is doing great. Nice new pics, Joysh and congrats Molly on 100 lbs! I'm right behind you and I'm done! Well, except for the hard part of keeping it off. WI today and down 4 lbs for two weeks as I was painting all day last Monday. Only a few more to go unless I just stay on phase 1 through Christmas to avoid the temptations. Have a great day!

jmuroff1
12-03-2012, 05:53 PM
Happy Monday everyone! Had a busy weekend with visiting the inlaws, today it's back to work! Just finished 4 cups of cauliflower :) I like eating it all at once since i can't eat in front of customers when im on phones. Brought some of the new pasta with me and can't wait to try it!!!

byugrl
12-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Good Afternoon IPers !!!

I am feeling a little sluggish today. Didn't cheat at all so I don't know where this is coming from. Seems like this happens to me every Monday.

WI is tomorrow. Jeans are looser. Hoping for a good one. I went out yesterday looking for smaller jeans and there were alot of people out getting christmas things. I LOVE this time of the year!

mompattie
12-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Well it SNOWED here!! :snow4::snowglo:

I'm home in bed with the flu. Watching DH shovel the driveway, or at least play with his snowblower. :D Kids having fun!! Looks like almost 2 feet!

My WI is tonight. Gonna crawl out of the house and WI then crawl back to bed!

jmuroff1
12-03-2012, 06:43 PM
I AM IN LOVE WITH THE PASTA!!! :D I will definitely be buying more!

byugrl
12-03-2012, 06:45 PM
Hope you feel better mompattie !!! Good luck WI tonight !!

MonicaKolesnik
12-03-2012, 06:51 PM

I'm home in bed with the flu. Watching DH shovel the driveway, or at least play with his snowblower. :D Kids having fun!! Looks like almost 2 feet!

I feel you on the snow Pattie so much here that most people are stuck in there own driveways. We had freezing rain before the 15cm of snow so it makes for careful driving. Hope you get better I don't even want to think of getting sick.

Hope the weather is better for everyone else where ever you are.

Great Dane
12-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Well this may explain my last 2-3 weigh ins..... I've been drinking Folgers Caramel Drizzle and Folgers Vanilla Biscotti K-Cups as nice sweet treats during work. A few weeks ago I looked both of them up at different sites and they all, My Fitness Pal, Livestrong, FitClick, FatSecret, etc, said 0/0/0 so I bought a box of each. (and shame on you, Folger for not printing nutrition info on the boxes). Today I thought maybe I'd check again AND OH NO, the link at http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/folgers/caramel-drizzle/ says 3.13g of carbs!!!! If you go in a different way to LiveStrong you come up with the 0/0/0 page. ChaCha.com says 3.13g too. Big sigh??

Since I haven't done anything different the past couple of weeks except my walking mileage, it really made me wonder!!!

Hgamroth
12-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Good Morning Everyone,

SO nice to see your face!!!

I wish we could have some of your snow! It is cold and windy here but zero moisture. Hope you are feeling better. :hug:

Alma4343
12-03-2012, 07:55 PM

So sorry you are sick with the flu! I need to go get that flu shot. I was sick with a cold last week and a big baby about it. Hope you feel better soon.

Alma - u are beautiful!
guttergilr! CONGRATS that is amazing!!!!

You are so sweet! Thank you.

Wow, great weight loss for you! CONGRATULATIONS. That deserves a dancing carrot. :carrot:

rofl306
12-03-2012, 08:23 PM

Get well soon! On the bright side you didn't have to shovel :dizzy: I gave my self an extra packet for my hard work. (We shovelled for our selves and elderly friends)

Best wishes for your WI!

Shedit
12-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Hi everyone. I have just been lurking lately. Redoing our living and dining rooms and have been painting like crazy. Much easier with way less lbs on me! Looks like everyone is doing great. Nice new pics, Joysh and congrats Molly on 100 lbs! I'm right behind you and I'm done! Well, except for the hard part of keeping it off. WI today and down 4 lbs for two weeks as I was painting all day last Monday. Only a few more to go unless I just stay on phase 1 through Christmas to avoid the temptations. Have a great day!
Wow that is a GREAT job. I hope you are really proud if all that you have accomplished!:carrot:

RachelDinAK
12-03-2012, 11:02 PM
I'm not looking forward to my weigh in tonight. :( I started my period yesterday and I feel super bloated and I'm fairly positive it will show a gain. My last period I lost weight but gained 3 inches in my waist. I have been STARVING the last few days but have been 100%OP, still I guess not much I can do about my hormones... lol it just SUCKS. Ah well it's more about the big picture right?

whytokay
12-03-2012, 11:08 PM
I have been having rather unusual cravings lately, not wanting to eat my veggies and my brain isn't liking my food choices anymore! Any advice on why my tastes changed?

Totally agree with this! It was a chore to finish my veggies during lunch today. I was literally cringing every time I put more cauliflower or brocolli in my mouth. I eventually had to stop and only do one cup instead of my desired 2 for lunch.

I'm not only eating those veggies is the thing. I've had asparagus, zucinni, cabbage, peppers, mushrooms... It's not the biggest variety but it's more than just cauli.

To help with this problem I'm thinking I need to start using my veggies differently. Maybe cauliflower rice or puree some veggies into something magical lol. I'm just not a very good cook so I have to do research through these boards for more ideas :)

In other news, I weighed in on my first official week today (it's been 10 days.. did my first WI at 3 days) and I've lost ten lbs! woot woot!

RachelDinAK
12-03-2012, 11:10 PM
Ooh, I LOVE pureed califlower.. kinda like mashed potatoes and since I haven't had mashed potatoes in so long they keep me happy :)

rofl306
12-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Totally agree with this! It was a chore to finish my veggies during lunch today. I was literally cringing every time I put more cauliflower or brocolli in my mouth. I eventually had to stop and only do one cup instead of my desired 2 for lunch.

I'm not only eating those veggies is the thing. I've had asparagus, zucinni, cabbage, peppers, mushrooms... It's not the biggest variety but it's more than just cauli.

To help with this problem I'm thinking I need to start using my veggies differently. Maybe cauliflower rice or puree some veggies into something magical lol. I'm just not a very good cook so I have to do research through these boards for more ideas :)

In other news, I weighed in on my first official week today (it's been 10 days.. did my first WI at 3 days) and I've lost ten lbs! woot woot!

I love roasting the veggies you mentioned. Try roasting rutabaga, it is wonderful as a change. Also it can feel more like having fries than a veggie.

whytokay
12-03-2012, 11:38 PM
Thanks rofl and Rachel! I need to buy a head of cauliflower instead of the little stems. I gotta try the mashed potato. I've been steaming them and putting them in my brocoli cheddar soup. I'm not sure if it's the soup I'm tired of or the veggies themselves.

I can stand to eat the brocolli by itself... if I have the WF Ranch dip. I took a look at the ingredients today and noticed it has carrots.. which are not allowed. Crap! Does this mean I can't have WF ranch dip any more? Ranch is a food group to me :(

NinjaNurse
12-04-2012, 12:07 AM
I love roasting the veggies you mentioned. Try roasting rutabaga, it is wonderful as a change. Also it can feel more like having fries than a veggie.

whytokay: I agree with this. Roasted Rutagaba fries, OMG! Roasted Cauliflower, whole change of flavor. You can even roast Broccoli and it's actually quite delish!!!

RachelDinAK
12-04-2012, 12:08 AM
gained .6lbs at this weigh in thanks to AF. Blah could be worse! I was actually surprised it was so little.

RachelDinAK
12-04-2012, 12:09 AM
Roasted veggies are good! I need to do it more often. I've been eating more of my veggies raw or steamed... kinda boring after awhile.

scorbett1103
12-04-2012, 12:52 AM
Thanks rofl and Rachel! I need to buy a head of cauliflower instead of the little stems. I gotta try the mashed potato. I've been steaming them and putting them in my brocoli cheddar soup. I'm not sure if it's the soup I'm tired of or the veggies themselves.

I can stand to eat the brocolli by itself... if I have the WF Ranch dip. I took a look at the ingredients today and noticed it has carrots.. which are not allowed. Crap! Does this mean I can't have WF ranch dip any more? Ranch is a food group to me :(

As long as it's 0 carbs, 0 calories and 0 fat you can use it, which I believe ALL Walden Farms products are :) Just be VERY AWARE of portion sizes - 0 carbs does not mean you can have as much as you want, it means there is less than 1g carb per serving. Having multiple servings in a day adds up into measurable extra carbs.

ERdieter
12-04-2012, 07:06 AM
To all you gals out there that have been IP'ing for a whle. I have been very strict in following the program. Tonight while I was at work I noticed that I was no longer in ketosis. Why does that happen? I do not eat anything with sugar in it nor do I stray from the list of approved veges. I have only had a 1-2 lb loss every week. Any suggestions?