40-Somethings - Any new NSVs lately?

View Full Version : Any new NSVs lately?

newleaf123
12-02-2012, 07:07 PM
I love reading NSVs; they are so motivating!

So I'll start; here's mine.

Last week I was buying a big jug of kitty litter. In the past, it's been really heavy for me, and I put it in the "baby seat" in the front of the cart so it's not so hard to lift it out at the cash register again.

Well, this lats time I bought it, it actually felt light! I looked at the weight -- it's 14 pounds. I do a lot of free weight exercises using 15 pound weights; I guess it paid off!

lizarddau
12-02-2012, 07:51 PM
yay good on ya hun..wish i could share something but i am sooo new at this that i can't...perhaps i will be back later!!..cheers liz

Kat117
12-02-2012, 08:43 PM
I walked around a craft fair today for 2 hours and my feet didn't bother me once, nor did I get tired!

kelijpa
12-03-2012, 10:29 PM
For the first time I did my 5K on the treadmill at 4 mph for the whole thing, I've been feeling it off and on all day but smiling as I earned those twinges today :D

Pants are getting looser, I actually have a pair of jeans I cannot wear in public anymore, even with a belt...

More comfortable in my chair, I have some room to move around a bit in it...

newleaf123
12-04-2012, 09:02 AM
I love reading about everyone's successes!

lizarddau you will get there!! Thanks for cheering me on!

kat117 how great about being able to walk around for hours!

kelijpa congrats on your run! And your pants and chair! I have seat milestones, too. My DH's car has really tiny front seats. When he bought the car in March, I was so disheartened by how uncomfortable it was for me. Since it's a 2-seater, we almost always take my car (family of 4), so I only go in it once a month or so, and each time I go in it, it's more and more comfortable. Feels great!

syndehat
12-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Speaking of cars...

I was able to move up my car seat one notch closer to the steering wheel recently! I have lost enough of my "booty" to make the move.

:carrot::carrot:

Silly to take pride in that but I will take my win anywhere I can.

newleaf123
12-04-2012, 04:38 PM
syndehat that's not silly at all! These things that catch you by surprise are just great; real reminders of the changes our bodies are undergoing... Plus, it must be much easier to drive if the seat is positioned more comfortably for your arm and leg length.

lizarddau
12-04-2012, 06:17 PM
whoooooooot you guys are amaaaazing!!...hmmm i think things are moving!!..clothes seem a little bigger..not enough for me to do a jig or anything...did my pilates exercises again last night..i am supposed to do them twice a day but because of my back i decided to ease myself into it and do them once a day for the first week...was sore yesterday so much so i could not sit for too long or stand...very frustrating...went for my walk this morning and also last night and then i did my exercises whilst lying in bed...not sooooooooo bad this morning pretty good in fact..so i am very pleased with this!!...can't wait for the pool exercises to start...will be soon!!...meanwhile still on track food wise!! into my 3rd week..so i am pleased with that too!!...thanks for the inspiration...cheers liz

kelijpa
12-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Newleaf, thanks for the thread, you inspired me to start doing some weights, I want to get my arms stronger. It is great when you notice something is different or more comfortable.

Syndehat, I was going to say the same thing Newleaf did, nothing is too small or silly to celebrate, congrats! Those little victories are motivations to keep moving forward.

Keep up the good work Liz!
:sunny:

Roo2
12-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Over weekend took my teenage daughter shopping for a dress for Turn about.
As she was trying several dresses I looked at myself in a Full Length Mirror.
I have avoided looking at myself for quite awhile so this is a NSV for me.
Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Kat117
12-05-2012, 10:41 AM
For the first time in many years, I saw myself in the mirror today and felt pretty (instead of repulsed).

SW- 280
CW - 225.2
GW - 120

kelijpa
12-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Roo2, Kat117, congrats on the NSV, I actually smile at myself when I look in the mirror (for a change), I know what you're talking about :)

newleaf123
12-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Lizarddau great feeling with the clothes getting looser, eh? Glad to hear that your food is on track and youíre still exercising despite being sore. Be careful not to overdo it Ė definitely listen to your bodyÖ

Kelijpa glad to hear that youíre adding some arm weights. And it helps more than just your arm if youíre using free weights Ė your whole core benefits; yay!

Roo2 & Kat117 & Kelijpa glad to hear that the mirror is your friend again. I know that feeling of sadness when you arenít happy with what you see. Itís become my friend again, too!

My NSV today is that about a month ago I started wearing an old pair of larger size 12s I had in my closet, and I also moved 2 smaller pairs of size 12s into my drawer to grow down into. I wore one pair yesterday and another today!! I have a few pairs of even smaller size 12s (whatís with sizing??), so I moved them out of the closet and into the drawer as motivation. Iím hoping that they fit in 5 pounds.

newleaf123
12-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Big NSV - resisted the urge to break into the bag of Jelly Bellys sitting in the closet... You should have seen me, as if there was the devil on one shoulder and angel on the other. Ugh. But that was about an hour and a half ago, and the desire seems to have passed. Huge victory. Junky candy is my downfall...

2FatCats
12-13-2012, 11:15 AM
I had never heard of NSVs until now. I actually had to look at the abbreviations sticky to figure out what it meant!

Since I routinely beat myself up over missteps I love the idea of building myself up with NSVs instead!
Yesterday:
1. I love love LOVE a little coffee with my sugar. I've tried sugar substitues but can't abide the taste. As I was making my cup I pulled out the sugar bowl and the spoon (.5 TBL) and prepared to scoop 3, yes THREE, into my coffee.:o But I didn't I only put 2. Levelled off, not even heaping! And yep, the coffee was nasty and bitter and tasted disgusting. Then I got busy rooting around the forums and I picked up my cup to drink and noticed that it was gone. I drank it all and didn't even notice the *missing* sugar! I did it again today and it didn't taste bad at all! Next goal: ratchet it down to ONE.

avalonmoon
12-13-2012, 01:19 PM
Thanks newleaf for starting this thread. You are getting stronger and that is an important perk. For me I had a couple from yesterday. I rarely get out so yesterday I was admist a very large hospital ( I have for the most part been agorophobic a long time-this year has been my progress but with this weightloss it is getting more progressive) All the people who I passed by would smile and say 'hi, how are you' just as people did with me in the old days, when I wasn't 'fat'. The other one was my nutrition has improved so I had to forage yesterday, my body felt yucky from substandard food. My body has told me it likes my 'new' lifestle and dislikes eatting bad (at least for a whole day) lol.

MrsTryingAgain
12-14-2012, 12:38 AM
I LOVE seeing ladies from the 40's board here! Awesome! That's where I hang out most.... 2fatcats, I hadn't hear of NSV's either! I acutally googled it! :o

But I have one!!! I wear men's jeans, because I have a very short waist...womens jeans either ride too high or too low. It was kinda funny how my NSV happened. I need to do laundry. I grabbed the only clean pair of jeans I could find...they were 42s NOT 44s!! I'm down a size in my jeans! :dancer: WOO HOO!!

2fatcats: I grew up drinking my coffee black anyways. It's how my parents drank it & it's how I learned to drink it. I also found it a good idea because sometimes sugar & creamer weren't available. I could still have coffee! :coffee: Good job cutting back. Keep up the excellent work!

avalonmoon: Glad you are overcoming obstacles. Isn't amazing when you eat right, your body starts to actually crave it? Keep going!

newleaf: YEAH!! The angel won! WOO HOO! I have a huge sweet tooth...as grandma would say, "I come by it honestly." I totally get your battle, I find it's easier to just not have it around. If it's available...it's gone! I have ZERO self-control. :cp::cp: for you!!!

kelijpa, Kat & Roo: You guys have a lot of courage! I haven't tried the mirror yet. The bathroom mirror still scares me. It does take a lot to look at ourselves & to honestly think...okay, I may not be perfect, but I am a work in progress. CONGRATS!!!

syndehat: Moving up the seat in the car? AWESOME!!! That is definitely something to celebrate! You go for it!!!

Thanks for the NSVs! This is just what I needed! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

newleaf123
12-14-2012, 04:03 PM
2fatcats that is awesome about your coffee!! For me, eating a lot less sugar makes naturally sweet things taste so much more special. Funny, as I was putting my sugar in my coffee today, I thought about trying to drink it with no sugar. Fleeting thought, quickly said "Nah..." I use 1/2 tsp.

avalon moon great to hear hat your confidence is improving and your food tastes are changing. Both great things!

mrs trying again great job on dropping down into the next size of jeans! That's awesome! I did end up eating more jelly beans than I should have on Saturday night and woke up feeling really gross on Sunday. I've been spending a lot of time reading about sugar since then, trying to break its hold on me... I've determined that I'm not sensitive to all sugar, just junky candy. Must be psychological; need to fix this. Work in progress.

I'm wracking my brain for an NSV this week. Nothing comes to mind, but luckily I have had SVs (scale victories!) so all is good :)

kelijpa
12-16-2012, 09:53 AM
my legs feel really strong from doing higher inclines on the treadmill. Feel like running up the stairs all the time at work...

twinieten
12-16-2012, 06:23 PM
MrsTryingAgain, I love the accidentally-put-on-the-smaller-jeans NSV! It's happened to me. What a great feeling! I remember last time I lost weight, the big thing was when I could wear my husband's jeans.

I have a couple. I don't know if this one can really be considered an NSV or not, but I'll share anyways because it's a major lifestyle accomplishment. I've had issues with maintaining my weight in the past. I have been on 3 major diets where I lost weight and then in maintenance, gained it all back because I didn't have the motivation/priority/self control to reign myself in and keep my weight within a range. Currently, my goal is just just not gain through the holidays, but I gained 3 pounds! I reigned myself in just by choosing more sensible foods, reducing my calories for a couple of days, avoiding sweets, and I manage to get that 3 pounds back off. Woot!

My other NSV is the holiday Christmas party this past weekend. I must say, I was pleased with how I looked in my dress! I picked a very slimming cut, on top of the fact that I'm pretty close to my goal weight. It really feels good to be thin!

avalonmoon
12-16-2012, 08:02 PM
newleaf~ Thanks. I am mostly towing the line. Food is different for me these days.:)

MrsTryingagain, congrats on your 42s!! That is so cool. :carrot:

Kat117
12-17-2012, 02:27 PM
You ladies are so inspiring!

Congrats to everyone for moving forward on this journey. Some days we take huge steps, other days our forward motion is nearly unnoticable. But the key is that we all are motivated and keep moving forward - emotionally, mentally, physically. Some times the scale won't move, but you have an ah-ha moment that is so profound that it makes the difference in moving forward or not.

Be proud of yourselves for every day, every choice you make that is creating a healthy, happier you! Every day we stick to our choice to move forward is a huge NSV!

AwShucks
12-19-2012, 03:19 AM
I had one tonight! I have a formal event in early March, so I've been thinking that I must find something to wear. I went shopping after work and found several dresses to try on, and one particularly pretty navy blue evening gown that I decided, "No way would I fit in that." So, I kept looking.

Before I made the trip back to the dressing room, I looked again at the pretty navy blue number, sadly muttering,"I wish I could wear this one; I really like it," again leaving it on the rack. Of several, I found 3 that I liked and decided to take them home to "really" try them on -- things always seem different at home.

On the way out, I passed the rack with the pretty navy blue number, and decided to just purchase it and see if it would fit; I could always return it.

Well, bowl me over! It fits like a glove - size 16. I was floored. I took it off and held the dress out, looking at the hip width. My head was telling me no way could that fit me! But it did. I'm still thrilled. It's beautiful, and I can't wait to wear it!

Kat117
12-19-2012, 10:20 AM
that has to be such a great feeling AwShucks! Congrats to you. I bet you look stunning in the gown!

newleaf123
12-19-2012, 06:50 PM
kelijpa great job on the treadmill! I find that feeling stronger is so motivating...

twinieten great job on reigning yourself back in; that is a total NSV... And great on the dress, too! I said the exact same thing to my husband last weekend; that I'm so happy to be thin again... (and then proceeded to begin a 3-day free for all on BBQ chips and jelly beans. Sabotage much?)

AwShucks how fabulous to get to wear the dress that you were pining for... I'm really happy for you; I bet you will look great!

Okay, me... hmmm, can I think of a recent NSV?? (see above re: BBQ chips and jelly beans; it hasn't been a stellar week) Okay, there was truly a pause there of at least 2 minutes while I cogitated... But I came up with something! I am looking vertical now! I bought a t-shirt in August that was too tight through my torso. Now it is loose there. And if I put the shirt on with jeans, I'll be damned -- I look tall and thin! Looking forward to the warm weather when I can actually wear the shirt!

kelijpa
12-19-2012, 09:29 PM
This is not an NSV, more like a senior moment, but making me laugh so I have to share, I'm reading this post, looking at the little picture, avatar, whatever you call it, and then re-reading it thinking wow that's so well written, did I write that, I was incredibly lucid that day, but don't remember writing it, then realized it wasn't me...hahahaha...it was Kat117! :goodvibes

NewLeaf~that's a great feeling wearing something that was too tight that is now loose, I bet you look great!!

AwShucks~congrats on the dress, that's an awesome story.

best to all :sunny:

newleaf123
12-19-2012, 10:43 PM
kelijpa - yeah, your senior moment is pretty funny! Time to get a new avatar, no?

twinieten
12-20-2012, 12:37 PM
kelijpa - Too funny!

Newleaf- that's a great NSV! I laughed out loud too... "I'll be damned-- I look tall and thin!" Love it! I had a moment like that over the summer. Hahaha... jelly bean and BBQ chips..... Yup, I know how that goes. Let me tell you how glad I was when I finally finished that barrel of cheese balls my MIL left here for the kids so I'd quit torturing myself by eating the darned things (instead of throwing them away).

Awshucks- I'm so glad that navy blue one fit! What a sweet NSV!

guacamole
12-20-2012, 01:42 PM
All of these NSVs make me smile! I really don't have any good ones lately, other than I refrained from baking chocolate chip cookies today. I have been baking dozens of chocolate chip cookies every Thursday or Friday for the past month "for my kids." Well, all of those cookies have now taken up residence on my butt, belly, thighs, upper arms, and chins. Ugh....so, no cookies this weekend. I guess that's an NSV.

avalonmoon
12-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Hi Heida and ladies ... A new developement, I'm no longer round...lol I'm at the end of size 18 and begging of 16 in all my bottoms here. Also my last cpl pairs of old larger pants have to go, the inseem was to the floor, okay not really but let's say it's unbeliveable I wore those and filled them out. Maybe I should get a pic in them in a few months. lol

Things are going as planned ... 'I'm melting' to quote the witch in the Wizard of Oz. :)

pluckypear
12-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Ummm my NSV is that sex is getting even better with DH. I am more flexible and even with a 30 pound loss my tummy is smaller. So that is good. :)

kelijpa
12-29-2012, 09:19 PM
have been snow shoeing the past few days with the snow, feeling strong, the NSV is that my parkas both have room in them, one is yellow I looked like a giant lemon in it, looking at pics we took on the hike I can now see a waistline...yeeha!

newleaf123
01-02-2013, 12:30 AM
Guacamole - I think it's great re baking the cookies. I try to do that too, be honest with myself regarding whether buying something for my kids, like cookies, is really for me. 75% of the time, I out the cookies back on the shelf at the store.

Avalon Moon - it's great that you are dropping a size, especially in December! I love your new avatar photo

Plucky Pear - glad you are having fun!

Kelijpa - so glad that your jackets are getting looser! I love that roomy feel. Always a good reminder...

So here is an NSV for me. I shoveled the driveway today and felt great. I haven't shoveled for the past 2 winters,for fear of throwing my back out. So great to be feeling strong!

newleaf123
01-10-2013, 06:36 PM
New one for me -- I was putting on a bracelet today -- you know, the type that has a necklace clasp? It was so much easier than the last time I wore it, probably a few months ago. The loose end that I had to catch with the clasp seemed to hang down so much farther and was easier to catch. Who knew I had weight in my wrists to lose...

kelijpa
01-10-2013, 09:51 PM
congrats on the NSVs NewLeaf, great to feel strong and see your weight loss in unexpected places!

2FatCats
01-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Newleaf: I know that one! The necklace version, too!

So I have one - or two!
#1 I was grocery shopping yesterday - just pushing my cart along and minding my own business. As I neared the end of the toothpaste aisle I had to let go with my left hand to do a little wiggle/shimmy and pull my pants up - to include my undies that were sliding down! Yippee! Probably not what anyone else thought if they caught me with my hand in my pants! :o
And - They were the smaller size in my drawer, too! I like having fit options.:D
#2: I got home and unloaded all the groceries. I take everything out of the bags to mentally organize it before I actually start restocking. I was missing the bags with cans and boxed foods! I looked in the dining room, back out to the car, just couldn't find the bag anywhere. THEN I rembered - I didn't buy any! Why? Because I don't eat over-processed foods much anymore. I bought fresh fruits, veggies, dairy and meats! Silly girl - forgot I eat healthy!

SeeMyFeet
01-12-2013, 09:52 PM
2FC: #1--BWWWAAAAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAHAAHAAHAA :rofl:
OMG can't stop:rofl:

OK.....I think I finally may be able to add one to this thread. Pants and PJ bottoms not staying up too well. Even when hubs is not in the room :o. Comfortable fit in a smaller size pants. (Hmmmm....evidently "pants" is one of those words like "scissors" that you never see singular.)

kelijpa
01-12-2013, 11:39 PM
2FatCats and SeeMyFeet, you two put a smile on my face, thanks so much for sharing your humor and cheerfulness :D

NSV-superfast walk with DH today at railtrail 4 miles 62 minutes, the ice cream binge that followed will go in the confessions thread...

newleaf123
01-13-2013, 05:01 PM
Put on a spring jacket this morning (it was in the 60s!!), zipped it up, walked off. Only then did I remember that this jacket used to not fit around the hips and I had to hitch it up to zip it. Yay!! I needed that little boost. I've been struggling with food the last couple of days.

kelijpa
01-13-2013, 07:20 PM
:cheer: NewLeaf!

suzyslimdown
01-13-2013, 10:22 PM
You ladies crack me up. I have noticed my clothes fitting better, I have this nice white sweater that fits a little more snug..but I wouldn't wear it a couple weeks ago because you could see the fat rolls under. Last week I put it on and the rolls weren't as noticable and the pants fit better so the muffin top thing wasn't happening either...I thought wow that looks better and felt great all day.

miniDoodles
02-08-2013, 06:52 PM
What does 'NSV' mean ;) While my dh is picking up a pizza for supper, I decided to look @ threads & found u.

U girls r sooo funny :lol3: I have no sisters but I'm thinking about adopting you'all.

I'm coming back to see if anybody tells me what 'NSV' means.

I hope u girls all have a yummy :p supper OP & cozy night.

:wave: DeeDee

twinieten
02-09-2013, 12:29 AM
What does 'NSV' mean ;) While my dh is picking up a pizza for supper, I decided to look @ threads & found u.
NSV means Non Scale Victory. Those moments that make you happy dance, that are usually not even expected, that have nothing to do with the number on the scale. Closet shopping, realizing that reflection in the mirror is you, seeing space between your thighs when you put on a pair of jeans.... silly stuff, yet amazing stuff. Today my NSV was fitting nicely in to an incredibly skinny chair, a skinny chair that 3 years ago I could sit in but it was a tight squeeze.

Welcome! Glad you found us and glad we could give you a smile!

newleaf123
02-09-2013, 12:45 PM
twinieten that is awesome!!! What a horrible thing to have to think about / face every time you and everyone else take your kids to the ortho. Come to think of it, my kids' ortho is like that too. And when you walk into the back where the chairs are, you're faced with a full wall of mirrors to see your reflection. Ugh.

miniDoodles
02-10-2013, 07:57 PM
Saturday I shoveled 1 foot of snow :coolsnow: off my front porch & off the backyard deck, I was finished in 30 minutes & back indoors drinking hot cinnamon tea. I'm in my 50's & my pic here was taken 3 weeks ago @ Lake Michigan when we had a 2 day heat wave in the 50*s, we enjoyed the day looking for treasures washed onto the beach. So being @ a healthy size to enjoy "all the weather temps actively" is a NSV :cheer2:

Valentine's Day is weight-less day, sooo enjoy yourself :val3:

Jennifer1966
02-10-2013, 08:41 PM
I love this thread! You guys are awesome! I had what was my first real NSV this evening. While packing for a conference, I asked my DD what I should wear. She suggested my red jeans, which were grossly tight and huge-muffin-top-producing when I tried to wear them a few months ago. Well, tonight they fit! They are packed and ready to go. Who would have thought 12 lbs would make a difference? I really don't look any different yet.

Natalie42
02-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Um, yes, Jennifer...you do! You can get in the jeans!!!!

newleaf123
02-10-2013, 09:08 PM
:carrot: Jennifer :carrot:

And to everyone else -- :carrot:

NSVs are what it's all about; so much more than a number on the scale!

70poundstogo
02-11-2013, 03:09 AM
Hi everyone! I am mint new to this blog/chat room and a little confused about how to post, reply, etc. I am waiting for my Jillian Michaels Body Revolution package to get here. Basically, as my username suggests, I have a goal of trying to lose at least 70 pounds--my pre - pregnancy weight. My older child is now 10.5 years and I have run out of excuses. Sadly, I realized, I'm almost also past the point of caring about how I look. When I noted this about myself, I knew I was on the weight gain precipice. I had accepted, somewhere in my kind, that I am a fat chick and I am Just about ready to stop caring. So it's either going to be my last push to say goodbye to those 70 pounds or to accept them in my life for good. I have tried weight watchers, Jenny Craig, nutrifast, a membership to the gym ( been a member for over a yr. total no. Of visits=1! The programs have not failed--I have, because I lacked the will to commit and complete the programs. What, if anything, can I try to do differently this time around.
Ps--question: how do I set up that cool weight loss ticker?

70poundstogo
02-11-2013, 03:15 AM
What's NSv? Pardon my ignorance:p

2FatCats
02-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Weird NSV:

I was in the kitchen cooking - you guessed it - chicken breasts again. I put my left hand on my waist area and it slid down and stopped on my hip. I did it again and it slid again. I looked at my hand to see if there was something on it. Nope. Then I realized that my love handles were gone and not stopping my hand anymore.:D

newleaf123
02-15-2013, 02:04 PM
2FatCats - that's a great one!! Love it!!

70pounds - NSV means Non Scale Victory. Some way of getting feedback that weightloss is occuring, other than just going by the (sometimes fickle) scale. To get the ticker, you need to have a certain number of posts and have been a member for a certain amount of time. So, since you just joined, you'll probably need to wait a bit...

miniDoodles
02-17-2013, 05:20 PM
I did Not eat alllll the chocolates my guy gave me. I shared them.... I did Not order dessert or a Margarita when eating out, I ate 1 serving & brought the remaining home & ate it the next day. I made Valentine's Day weekend a success ;) instead of indulging/binging on food :smug:

Jennifer1966
02-17-2013, 06:57 PM
Went shopping yesterday and bought 2 pairs of size 14 pants at Loft, which are just a little tight (a month ago my 16s were way too snug)! Best part is they were less than $10 each, so when they are too big in a month or two (crossing my fingers and toes), I will not feel guilty!

newleaf123
02-19-2013, 10:16 PM
MiniDoodles making Valentines Day a success is definitely something to celebrate. Excellent!!

Jennifer Awesome news on the pants! I bought 3 sweaters there for $9 each about a week ago, including the one in my avatar photo. Great sale!!

elaine19
02-20-2013, 12:55 AM
I have been following this thread as I find it TOTALLY encouraging!! I had a nsv tonight.
After dinner my hubby and I always have coffee/tea and dessert with the kids. Tonight my hubby and kids had banana bread, and I enjoyed my coffee. Then later when I was really craving something I had a pink grapefruit... it was soooo good!
Proud of me!

newleaf123
02-22-2013, 08:55 PM
elaine I'm proud of you, too. That's awesome!!

kelijpa
02-24-2013, 12:20 AM
even though I didn't lose weight this week, I can feel my jeans fitting better, they're the only pair of pants that are actually my size right now, everything else is getting big, I put a couple pairs of pants in the donation bag, I guess that's an NSV in itself, they are so loose as to be unwearable in civilized company...lol

70 pounds~welcome, I would suggest taking your measurements, I sure wish I did, I know I would be seeing some big differences, the only one I took was my waist, and it wasn't really at the beginning, but it has gone down, best of luck, stick with it, you'll do great!

Magicsusan
02-24-2013, 03:54 AM
70pounds, measuring as kelijpa suggested is a great idea. Also, hard as it may be, a (nearly) naked photograph. I've heard so many people on this forum say they lost so and so many pounds but couldn't see any difference and found it depressing till they pulled out that photograph!
2fatcats, I loooove when my hands go looking for a chunk of chub that isn't there any more- it's such an odd but good feeling! I feel like River Song when she regenerated, running my hands all over my body to see what's changed. (If that comment means nothing to you/ you don't watch Doctor Who, just ignore it. I'm not a nutter, I swear!)

Now, my NSV:

I carried two mugs of tea up to the bed at once this morning. One in each hand! Do you have any idea how long it's been since I didn't have to use one hand on the bannister to haul myself up the stairs? All the exercises have paid off! Dancing Broccoli!

miniDoodles
02-27-2013, 01:36 PM
Hello evryone :smug:

Yesterday I was enjoying, eating a long-jon pastry & my 'brain woke-up' :cool: & I tossed half of it into the lawn for the squirrels to eat. It laid there 1/2 the day before some birds ate it; poor birds will probably go into a diabetic coma. What was I thinking buying a pastry :dizzy: I should'a bought fruit for my dessert.

Magicsusan, I am sooo happy for your 'stronger-healthy' body :dancer: Nothing beats moving & being active & not getting exhausted.

Jennifer1966, newleaf123, kelijpa :cheer2: I love reading when everyone is buying/Needing 'smaller clothes' & their clothes not feeling tight anymore. :yay:

elaine19, 2FatCats, 70poundstogo, Natalie42 :cp: Congrat's on your NSV.

newleaf123
02-27-2013, 05:44 PM
kelijpa That is awesome about your jeans fitting better; love it!!

magicSusan I love that you were able to get upstairs with both your hands full. That must have been so rewarding!!

miniDoodle great job just tossing the pastry!

My NSV: I've had meetings to go to the last couple of days, and I got that enjoyable feeling of being able to just pull clothes from my closet to wear and know they will fit and look good -- as opposed to the panicky feeling of not having anything to wear and having to make do with something that makes me look fat / ugly / frumpy etc, or worse, having to go shopping for something that will only make me look fat / ugly / frumpy because I've put on weight...

kelijpa
02-27-2013, 07:56 PM
Great NSV NewLeaf! That is a good feeling, I remember putting on shirts/blouses looking in the mirror and going "oh no, too many rolls showing in that one...lol" it wasn't funny at the time of course....

chubbiegurl
02-27-2013, 08:00 PM
Nsv was snow pants I bought 14 years ago fit again and not with a muffin top either. Woo hoo just I time to take the kids to the snow!

newleaf123
02-27-2013, 09:31 PM
chubbiegirl Hooray indeed!! That is an awesome NSV, to fit into the clothes you were wearing 14 years ago!!

sept2012
02-27-2013, 11:04 PM
My nsv for the day... I was scheduled to do 45 minutes on the treadmill I did 54:) and I pushed myself harder tonight than normal. It felt good when I got home all sweaty. hahahahah

Magicsusan
02-28-2013, 01:34 AM
Thanks Minidoodles and Newleaf, and well done everyone else!

Really, these NSVs are the *real* reason were all doing this; so those old jeans will fit again, so we can keep up with our kids... Not because something magical happens when the scale shows a certain number. The numbers are just easier to quantify!

mboo
03-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Its a pants one.....A few weeks ago i tried on a brand new pair of pants and they wouldnt come up past my hips,this morning i was really frustrated with the scale so i thought I am gonna try those pants...well....i got them all the way up and zipped....I was really excited,the scale losses have been slow lately and needed to see some kind of progress and there it was in those pants....

sept2012
03-01-2013, 01:05 PM
I skipped seeing PINK tonight so I could work out and work on my eating instead.... I think that is a MOVE in the right direction...

elvislover324
03-01-2013, 01:19 PM
I tried to wear a top today that I bought to wear to Thanksgiving dinner (it was too tight in all the wrong places so I never wore it). Today, it's too big and all droopy in all those places plus.

What a waste of a top! I only paid $15 on the Marshall's clearance rack but still....That's what I get for losing 45+/- pounds since then!

Maybe I'll wash it and try to shrink it! The one time I want to shrink something and it probably won't....

2FatCats
03-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Good Job, Elvislover!

Think of it this way: Was each pound worth 33 cents? That's what it cost you in terms of that top!

I was in the kitchen opening 3 vats of protein powder and trying to put them into something that would actually fit on my pantry shelves. I grabbed and apron and when I went to tie it - I had to wrap it around back then back to the front and make a big bow! Last time I wore it it barely wrapped around the front - there was no tying it. WooHoo!

kelijpa
03-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Great NSVs everyone, really inspiring, I'm proud of you (and me) We went to the movies today, it was Jack the Giant Slayer, I was able to really scrunch up when things came flying at me (3D) since my belly wasn't in the way anymore...lol :D

avalonmoon
03-03-2013, 10:52 PM
I'm so tardy coming by. Heidi, you look incredible. Great job.
I wanted to say how awesome everyone here is for keeping their
promises to themselves. You each are getting such fantastic rewards
with your NSVs. :D

My. most recent NSV my clothes are sloppy loose again. So the next size down for my bottoms is about to change(from 16s-14). I also should go bra shopping and get a fitting but am going to wait until I'm way lower.

kelijpa
03-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Great job avalonmoon doesn't it feel great!

I was shocked at the Rail Trail today, knocked out 4 miles in 62 minutes, down 3 minutes from my normal time, thought something was wrong with my pedometer :D

Magicsusan
03-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Wow! You all are having amazing NSVs!
Kelijpa's trail time, avalonmoon's floppy clothing, 2fatcats and her apron strings, sorry about your top, elvislover, but 2FC is right :D

Sooooo....
NSV:
This is really a good one, because there are so many aspects to it. DD3 is having a slumber party tomorrow and I was cleaning to prepare. I can really tell how much all the exercise is making a difference and making me stronger- the chores I did today would have taken a week two months ago. I kid you not! I would not have had the energy and would have been miserable, too, at the end of the day, but all I feel today is pleasanly tired.

My whole mood and attitude improve when I can keep up with chores and not have messy surroundings, and I enjoy the exercise more, don't feel driven to junk food, etc.... :carrot:

I'm sure you all know how this cycle can feed both ways. At the moment it's going my way :smug:

Jennifer1966
03-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Magicsusan: that's great!

My NSV today was I ran into a friend I haven't seen for a couple of months and the first thing she said was, Wow, you've lost weight and look great!" It was nice because I see the same people almost every day, and they just don't notice. Heck, I don't notice because I see myself every day.

kelijpa
03-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Great NSV's MagicSusan and Jennifer.

Today I was trying on some clothes my MIL gave me and decided to try on some capris that were pretty tight last time I had them on, they almost feel off my hips, I was a little bummed I missed the season for wearing them when they fit...oh well, in the donation bag...i won't be sad for long...lol

Also, slogged 4 miles in the slush snow in the backyard with the little dog today, was only going to do 1 lap (.9 miles) ended up doing the 4 miles, just felt good to be out, sun was shining, first time in a long time!

junem
03-11-2013, 07:54 AM
This is a the opposite of a NSV. Its a bit of a bummer but still a reminder of overall good things.

I have a cute pair of jeans with interesting stitching on the back pockets that I purchased just about two years ago. 16 petite. They were just a bit roomy but I figured they are jeans and sure to shrink. Well I have still been wearing them occasionally but cinching a belt tighter and tighter. They still look like new. I put them on this weekend and took them off again and into the goodwill box. I have faced the fact that they are too huge on me, falling off almost, and really don't look very good.

Bittersweet. Money is tight and i cant just go on a shopping spre to replace yhe too big stuff. But i will take this problem over the clothes-all-too-tight problem!!!

newleaf123
03-14-2013, 05:11 PM
I just love all these NSVs. Truly, it is so motivating to read about everyone's successes in the day-to-day.

Here, I had an appointment today with a doctor that performed major surgery on me a year ago. He was extremely congratulatory on the weight loss, which was great -- especially since no other doctor (and I see LOTS of them) has really mentioned it.

I've been thinking about the fact that I have lost 50 pounds in a year, and did have my own little "WOW" moment. Sometimes I get so caught up in the day to day, that I forget that.

Jennifer1966
03-14-2013, 07:09 PM
Newleaf: 50 lbs in a year is so impressive! I hope I can do that too. Congrats on how far you've come and how inspirational you are to us "younger" in our weight loss/healthy/fit living journeys!

My NSV came last evening when my 18 year old DD told me I looked skinny, and when I asked her what she wanted, she said, "No mom, you look great--that coat fits you way better than it did!"

newleaf123
03-14-2013, 09:13 PM
Jennifer -- Thanks!! You know, it's funny. One of the downsides of this site is that you are constantly surrounded by people who have lost SO MUCH MORE weight than you or are losing SO MUCH FASTER than you, that you lose site of the phenomenal success you are having in isolation. I so appreciate your words, because of course I don't see myself that way :hug: And how wonderful that your DD told you that you look skinny. Kids can be so caught up in their own lives, it's wonderful that a) she noticed and b) she told you. Yay!

trukmek
03-17-2013, 11:45 AM
Everybody is doing great! Love to read these inspiring stories.

Newleaf: don't worry if others have lost more or are losing faster. Everyone loses at their own pace, and everyone has their slow times. I want to lose the weight, but am not looking for pounds every week. If I lose a little ever month I will still be happy. It took me time to put it on, it will take me time to take it all back off.

Kristy

mboo
03-26-2013, 09:45 AM
I Have Been In A FunkLately,But OverTheWeekend I HAd 2 PeopleNotice My Weight Loss....ThaT Felt Really Good...

I Was Also Going Through My Closet And Tried On Smaller Clothes And They Fit....My Husband Asked If I Was Getting Rid Of My Bigger Clothes? I Didn't Answer I HaveBeenDown This Road So Many Times.....I DoFeel This Time Is Different, But StillScared OfPutting It Back On.

newleaf123
04-08-2013, 04:11 PM
trukmek thanks for the words of encouragement!!

mboo great NSVs! Things are going great for you!

newleaf123
04-08-2013, 04:57 PM
Here's one for me. I need to shake things up at the gym; burn more calories. So, today, in the middle of everything else I did, I ran 1/2 mile on the track at the gym -- and it was EASY. So easy, in fact, that I began wondering if 5 loops around was really just 1/4 mile, not 1/2 mile. But I confirmed it, indeed the 5 loops made 1/2 mile. So I think I'll keep doing that, maybe increase by 1 lap each time.

:carrot:

newleaf123
04-09-2013, 09:03 PM
I walked into Marshall's tonight to look for some tops, and in front of the dressing room they had enormous mirrors. Maybe 10' x 10' square. And as I approached them, I actually thought I looked alright. Usually seeing a full body view like that is a downer but not tonight.

:carrot:

Jennifer1966
04-10-2013, 07:43 AM
Heidi, I love that! Can't wait to get to that point.

I wore a pair of capris yesterday that so snug last fall I had to wear blousy tops to hide my muffin top. Well, yesterday they were loose-- loose like I could pull out the waist a good 3-4 inches! So I wore a semi-fitted long sleeve t:)

newleaf123
04-10-2013, 12:30 PM
AWESOME re: the capris, Jennifer!! I bet you looked great!!

Went to Kohl's today and got size 10 capris and M t-shirts!! This time last year I was wearing size 20 pants (well, size 18 but they were way too small, should have been a 20, or maybe bigger??) and XL t-shirts. Uggh... what a difference a year makes!

mandypayne
04-10-2013, 12:43 PM
All of your stories are inspiring. Two years ago I wore a size 4. Today I put on my old, roomy summer short 8s and they are a bit snug. This story isn't meant to inspire, it is to thank all of you for posting so the rest of us, those just starting out, can see the light at the end of the tunnel. It is funny to me that my "big swell" began exactly when I moved to Pittsburgh from much warmer, sunnier California. I am resolving to take advantage of the reprieve of crappy weather to lose this unsightly weight and move before the end other summer to a place that is psychologically healthier for me. I am not thriving with the lack of sunshine. I will post my progress too and hopefully inspire others as you have me!

Jennifer1966
04-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Heidi, yay on the 10s!! That's awesome! I have some 10s in my closet that I cannot wait to wear again!

My NSV today was two sweet girls in my 9th period class asked me, "not to be rude, but have you been losing weight?" Once I assured them it wasn't rude, they told me how I really looked like I was getting skinnier! (I think they'll get As this term;) )

newleaf123
04-10-2013, 10:57 PM
MandyPayne I hope you find a home that's better suited to you... We moved to Pittsburgh almost 8 years ago, and for us it has been a great location -- other than the lack of independent, wonderful restaurants out here in the 'burbs. But the positive out of that is that I've become a much better and more prolific cook!

Jennifer that's really sweet that the kids were complimentary! How old? And yes, As all around!

Jennifer1966
04-11-2013, 08:11 AM
Heidi: I teach juniors and seniors, so 16-18. I love it. All this Pittsburgh talk makes me want to take a little road trip! It's my favorite city within a couple hours of my house! I'd love to live there!

newleaf123
04-19-2013, 08:56 AM
On 11/17/13 I squeezed myself into a pair of old jeans. They were wearable, although a little tight for comfort. On 4/18/13 (5 months later) I wore them as my loose, comfortable go-to gardening jeans.

Roo2
04-19-2013, 09:04 AM
My daughter gave me her pair of Clavin Klein shorts I bought her last year ...she did not like them because they came above the knees Pedal Pusher style...tried them on this morning and they fit! So happy cuz I paid good money for them and she was not wearing them....cuz she thought they were too long ...but they are perfect for me ! And I don't have to spend money!:D

So now when I buy her clothes ...if she is letting them lay in her closet ...I will happily claim ownership and wear:D

Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

sparks17
04-24-2013, 12:55 PM
So, I got bold and tried on a skirt that I have not worn since October 2012. It fit, and looser than the last time I wore it!! :D

2FatCats
04-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Hubby discovered my NSV:

Yesterday as I stood in front of a window in the gym my husband says to me "Hey, NSV! You can see light coming through the top of your legs!" *sigh* Of course that's where he was looking... :o.
But it's good to know that my thighs don't touch when I stand with my feet together!

Jennifer1966
04-24-2013, 08:39 PM
Lol, 2FatCats! That's a great NSV! Where else should he be looking;)

My NSV is 2 people at work today told me it looks like I've lost a lot of weight!

newleaf123
04-24-2013, 09:02 PM
Roo how great that you can shop your daughter's closet! I have been
stealing all my sons' jackets as the grow out of their Adult Smalls.

Sparks awesome re: the skirt! I love when clothes get too large...

2fatCats great NSV!! Not something you would have easily noticed yourself, unless you were contorting.

Jennifer great to get compliments! Congrats on your 30 pounds!!

Here, I go to the same little Italian grocery almost every week and the cashier that I see each time was floored when I walked in wearing capris and a tight t-shirt. Since I'm normally wearing a heavy jacket or a sweater or something, she had no idea I had lost weight, let alone 50 pounds, so it just hit her all of a sudden. She was flabbergasted. It was great!

And... today I had my fitness eval. My BF% went from 41% to 22% in one year. :carrot:

Jennifer1966
04-24-2013, 09:16 PM
Heidi: Wow! That's fantastic!! What an amazing BF% after only a year!

kelijpa
04-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Great NSVs, thanks for sharing.

I'm back I size 10pants, can't believe it, not feeling self conscious with the way I look with the nice weather coming. It's a great feeling and I'm not even at my goal yet. Feeling so strong about getting there and maintaining.

Best to all :sunny:

newleaf123
04-25-2013, 08:50 AM
Awesome, kelijpa!! It's a great feeling, feeling good...

sparks17
04-29-2013, 10:14 AM
Ooh..I like reading these. Compliments and smaller sizes ftw!

I had an exciting NSV last night. My plan (No S Diet, lowcarb style) allows for treating myself on special occasions and/or weekends. Last night we had company and my daughter made cream puffs...so I planned to eat 2 small ones and made sure to eat well all day so I would feel no guilt. They were delicious and I felt satisfied and in control.

But - there was one left when I was cleaning up the kitchen. And extra chocolate sauce. And no one wanted it. And I looked at it longingly. And - I threw it away!!!

newleaf123
04-29-2013, 10:49 AM
sparks17, that is an AWESOME nsv!! They look better than they taste, and you had such a great day. Wonderful!

Jennifer1966
05-01-2013, 08:21 AM
I had a willpower NSV last night. When I got home last night (after a 11+ hour work day), the kids wanted ice cream. Since it was a little late for my 3.5 mile walk, we decided to just walk to DQ as a family (about 1.5 mile). So, not only did I get a little exercise in on an evening where I wasn't planning it, I resisted and did not order anything! I really didn't even want to. That's a heck of an accomplishment for me :)

sparks17
05-01-2013, 11:46 AM
I had a willpower NSV last night. When I got home last night (after a 11+ hour work day), the kids wanted ice cream. Since it was a little late for my 3.5 mile walk, we decided to just walk to DQ as a family (about 1.5 mile). So, not only did I get a little exercise in on an evening where I wasn't planning it, I resisted and did not order anything! I really didn't even want to. That's a heck of an accomplishment for me :)

Yes - one heck of an accomplishment! Not eating the ice cream is awesome, but not wanting it...that shows a real internal change. Brava!

I wonder how I would do if I took the kids for a walk to Dunkin Donuts...not going to chance it any time soon, that is for sure :o

newleaf123
05-22-2013, 10:23 PM
Belated good job on the ice cream nsv, Jennifer!

I'm here with an ice cream NSV myself. One of my sons had an awards ceremony and afterwards we went for ice cream. I asked the girl if they sold any sizes smaller than what was listed on the menu, and they did! The smallest (baby size) was about a TBS of ice cream, the next smallest (junior size) looked to be about 1/3 cup. Much to the embarrassment of my sons, I ordered that and enjoyed every last lick of it.

kelijpa
05-22-2013, 11:16 PM
Way to go Newleaf! It's great finding new ways to enjoy what we love to contribute to our success!

Moondance
05-23-2013, 11:09 AM
I have two (finally!). Went down another notch on the belt and last night husband is giving me a hug and he says "Hey...you're getting smaller!"

newleaf123
05-23-2013, 11:43 AM
moondance those are both awesome!!!

newleaf123
05-24-2013, 10:38 PM
It is freezing cold here -- what's with that?? But it meant I had to pull out my down jacket, which I have taken over from my son who outgrew it. When I wore it in March, I had to hitch it up at the hips to zip it. No more!

And I've been wearing capris since the warmer weather hit. Moving back into pants, they are looser than they had been.

Woo hoo!

Jennifer1966
05-27-2013, 08:54 PM
Yay, Heidi!

Today my friend posted some pics on Facebook of a bunch of us hanging out at a winery watching my DH's band this weekend, and I didn't automatically cringe when I saw them! I really didn't think I looked that bad, which is quite a breakthrough for me.

newleaf123
05-27-2013, 10:05 PM
That's a good one, Jennifer -- starting to feel comfortable with photos is immense!

newleaf123
05-28-2013, 03:06 PM
DH sent me to the garden center to get 2 bags of dirt. When I was bringing them out to my car in the cart, a male customer asked me if I would like him to load them into my car for me. I thanked him and told him that I had it covered. A year ago, I would have gratefully said yes.

joefla70
05-28-2013, 03:16 PM
I walked through Disney World two days this weekend. For part of that time, I had my 55 lb daughter on my shoulders. In the past, the walking - with carrying just MY weight - would have resulted in achy feet the next day. But alas, my feet felt great! No ibuprofen needed! :) When I think about it, what I was doing to my feet before was like giving a piggy-back ride to a full grown adult person!

newleaf123
06-04-2013, 08:42 PM
JoeFla that is an *awesome* NSV!! I love the image of giving a piggy-back ride to a full-grown person 24x7. Your weightloss is inspirational!

New NSV today: I am officially encroaching on being the thinnest I have been in 15 years since I became pregnant with my older son. I only have 1 pair of pants left that don't fit me yet, and then I'm there.

Jennifer1966
06-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Wow, Heidi, that is fantastic! You'll be there in no time at the rate you've been going!!

sparks17
06-09-2013, 11:45 AM
This morning my husband and I were shopping and he could not find me...because he did not recognize me from behind!!

Jennifer1966
06-09-2013, 11:55 AM
That's a great NSV, sparks!!

newleaf123
06-09-2013, 01:54 PM
sparks, AWESOME!!!

newleaf123
06-13-2013, 04:34 PM
I was just at the supermarket and sometimes get 2 pieces of chocolate-covered ginger out of the bulk bin as a treat. Today I stood there, thought about it, and went and got an organic apple as a treat instead. :carrot:

And the thing is -- it's not because 2 little pieces of chocolate-covered ginger are going to cause any damage in and of themselves. I chose the apple because I knew that if I had the 2 pieces, it was going to be the start of having a little bit of sweet here and there for the rest of the day. Today I'm choosing that I want the scale to be down more than I want the 2 little pieces. Victory!

dcapulet
06-13-2013, 07:14 PM
Yesterday, I had to ask my husband if something looked too big on me :)

newleaf123
06-13-2013, 08:28 PM
dcapulet, that is awesome!! It's a great feeling, shrinking out of clothes!

Magicsusan
06-19-2013, 08:16 AM
This morning my husband and I were shopping and he could not find me...because he did not recognize me from behind!!

:carrot: That's fantastic- and hilarious.
I missed these NSVs. I hope I have some soon to share.

sparks17
06-25-2013, 09:09 AM
Yesterday, I had to ask my husband if something looked too big on me :)

Woohoo - I love when this happens!!!:carrot:

sparks17
06-25-2013, 09:15 AM
I have a new one - not as funny as the last one. I convinced my husband to walk with me last night, and he commented that I walk a lot faster than I used to and it was easier to walk with me! He is a lot taller than me and I always have a hard time keeping up with him, but I did pretty well yesterday! :smug:

Magicsusan
06-25-2013, 11:08 AM
NSV: Down one size!
NSD: (Non-Scale-Defeat) a pair of summer pants I bought 3 summers ago that was too small fits now- but hangs all funny because they just don't suit me! Oh, Poo! What a disappointment :( They looked so good on the model :shrug:

Magicsusan
06-30-2013, 02:25 AM
Had to buy heavier dumbells

:lifter:

sparks17
07-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Magicsusan - nice!! :carrot: The heaviest dumbbells I own are 5 lb...and I honestly can't imagine going any heavier !

kelijpa
07-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Coming up the steps from the basement after incline 8 on the treadmill I felt like an athlete.

MagicSusan-sorry about the pants, I have some capris that were tight last year and too loose now, I wore them a couple times, but they just don't look right, I know what you mean. Congrats on the dumbbells

Sparks- way to go, soon he'll be trying to keep up with you :D

Magicsusan
07-03-2013, 02:46 AM
Sparks, I bought a set so I can adjust the weights as needed. I think it was a worthwhile investment. Still way cheaper than a gym membership...

Kelijpa, let's just say I'm glad I live less than a block from the charity clothing collection bin. I visit it too often with stuff I bought in anticipation of being able to fit into it, only to discover that "fit into" and "fit" are miles apart. You'd think I would learn something, but it's hard to resist a sale. *sigh*

PS- thanks for the dancing carrot, Sparks. I love dancing carrots!

Magicsusan
07-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Doctor's office waiting- oh no! :eek: armchairs!

But-
The butt fits in now! :woohoo:

TooWicky
07-04-2013, 10:55 AM
We went to the zoo this past weekend and walked around for several hours with no huffing and puffing! I haven't lost a lot of weight but I felt a lot more energetic and capable while walking around the mildly hilly zoo paths. I wasn't holding everyone back with my slow physical speed like normal.

Magicsusan
07-06-2013, 03:59 AM
Yay! That's a good feeling, I bet, Toowicky? I'm starting to enjoy things more as well, since I'm not so tired :carrot:

TooWicky
07-09-2013, 06:53 PM
Spontaneously hugged my elementary school aged son for a random reason and he exclaimed, "Mommy! I can touch my fingers!!" I guess he had never been able to fit his arms all the way around me before >< Best hug evar! Going to keep trying to set a healthy eating example for him.

kelijpa
07-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Awesome TooWicky!

nice feeling on the chairs isn't it MagicSusan, congrats!

this morning coming in, didn't cringe and turn away at my reflection in the glass doors at work, actually thought my hips looked a bit smaller, so will keep doing exercises!

Magicsusan
07-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Thanks, Kelijpa!
It's a good feeling to see the exercises paying off, init?

That's so cute, Toowicky :)

kelijpa
07-15-2013, 07:10 PM
I bought a skort without trying on and it fit when I tried it on at home!

junem
07-15-2013, 10:29 PM
Here's a very pleasing victory. DH, who hasn't run or jogged in about 6 or 7 years, went to the local trail with me and ran 17 minutes (his goal was 20min). About 10 years ago he ran 10K's without much difficulty, but then he stopped. He has been very supportive of my running the last 2 1/2 years, but always made excuses not to join me. Then about 5 weeks ago he bought some new running shoes and announced he wanted to get back to running at least 2 miles. Finally tonight he quit making excuses and joined me. I couldn't be happier, I loved having the company. And it was a little ego boost that I am currently a bit faster than him. (I know his long legs will allow him to surpass me soon enough, but for now I'll gloat just a little.)

Anyways, he has always inspired me. It feels good to inspire him back.

newleaf123
07-15-2013, 11:38 PM
These are all so great! Thanks for sharing them... You all have brought a smile to me :)

kelijpa
07-16-2013, 06:36 AM
June, that's great!

TooWicky
07-17-2013, 03:35 PM
I fit into a diner booth today with no issues!! I've had to request table seating for years because my belly would be squished in a booth. #appleshapeproblems

kelijpa
07-17-2013, 05:53 PM
Awesome Toowicky! NSVs are great!

Kelly R
07-18-2013, 10:49 AM
I just wanted to thank everyone for posting these - they remind me that there's more to this journey than just numbers on a scale. Sometime I really need the reminder!

I had an NSV the other day. I tried a dress on to see how much more I'd have to lose before I could wear it and it actually fit perfectly :D

newleaf123
07-18-2013, 11:24 AM
TooWicky & KellyR, great accomplishments!!

Here: I'm at my smallest size since I became pregnant with my first child back in 1998.

guacamole
07-18-2013, 08:02 PM
Great NSV's everyone! I had a nice one today when someone who has lost a lot of weight over the last year told me that I was her inspiration to do it! :carrot:

Another NSV, well it's not really an NSV, is that I got my hair professionally cut, colored, and deep conditioned today. I haven't done that in over six months, and it really gave me a boost!

TooWicky
07-20-2013, 02:31 PM
A dude in his mid 50's winked at me as he passed me in the aisle of the grocery store. I'M BACK, lolol.

For the first time (!!!) since I've been dieting I had an unsolicited question from an acquaintance, "Have you lost weight?" /fist pump

psht, newleaf123, I will not believe it if I ever get down to prepregnancy weight, that's a fantastic achievement!!

Guacamole, that must be an amazing feeling to know that you affected someone's life in such a positive way :) :)

crbcrzy
07-20-2013, 11:04 PM
The Giant Carb in My Purse!
Today was a small, no maybe a large victory for me. I had the opportunity to attend an event that had a complimentary bbq. The meal was a hot dog, pop and bag of chips! A low carb Nightmare!! So I took the dog and the chips, but found some water. The really good part was that all I ate was the wiener (that sounds worse than it is), I threw the bun in the garbage and stuffed the chips in my totally cool and totally oversized purse! I really thought that I would spend the rest of the event craving the chips that lay in wait hanging over my shoulder. I never even gave them a second thought! That's right, I didn't want or need them!! They spent the rest of the day alone in the Bermuda Triangle that is otherwise known as my purse. I got home at the end of the day and put them with my kids' snacks. I was right, this was a large victory for me today, I am a little more confident that I can string together more successful days on my new road to healthy living!!

kelijpa
07-22-2013, 12:50 PM
Great NSVs!
Guac- great to be someone's inspiration!

NewLeaf- awesome accomplishment!

Crbcrzy- that is a huge victory, great job!

Toowicky- how nice to have your efforts validated by multiple sources ;)

My latest, hopped on the treadmill to get in a quick 30 minutes and didn't realize 'til after that it was the highest incline that I had done, thanks DH for leaving it on 8!

greeneggsandtam
07-22-2013, 02:31 PM
One week with no bread!

EagleRiverDee
07-22-2013, 03:25 PM
I did a hike on Saturday with my much more fit DH - we hiked 8 miles (the longest hike I've done in years) and while I was a bit sore I was fine. The next day he was seriously sore, especially in his hips, and I was feeling great and went out and mowed the lawn and then took my dog for a 3 mile walk. I'm stoked that I'm able to do some decent mileage these days.

TooWicky
07-24-2013, 01:40 PM
EagleRiverDee: haha, that's great :)

crbcrzy: no way those chips would have made it home with me, great job!

new nsv today - bewbs stuck out further than belly for the first time in a bazillion years. Caveat #1: with clothes on. Caveat #2: with effort, lol.

sparks17
08-01-2013, 12:34 PM
Love all these nsvs - I find you all so encouraging!!

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Kelly R
08-02-2013, 11:29 AM
I love these stories as well! The numbers on the scale don't tell the whole story, and it's nice to remember the other signs that you're on the right path.

Mine is a hill. The last time I seriously lost weight was 13 years ago. There's a 3 mile route that I used to walk every day. It includes a stretch of 4 blocks of a very steep hill. I've been working my way back towards the whole walk, and occasionally make it all the way up the hill, but always feel like I want to die by that time.

So yesterday I discovered that for the first time in 13 years, I can make it halfway up pretty easily. The last 2 blocks still hurt, but they are my next goal. I will conquer that hill by the end of September! :D

jigglefree
08-04-2013, 12:34 PM
Well I'm going to hop into this thread because I love NSVs because they are motivating!!

I'm happy to report that I didn't eat a full day's calories after 9pm. I actually stayed in my calorie range. I ate my banana and drank some water then went to bed!!! YAY ME!!

My husband offered to take me to dinner last night for my birthday, which is Tuesday, and because I had only 200 calories left on the day I told him to take me tomorrow (today) and I will have enough calories for a nice dinner.

TooWicky
08-06-2013, 10:59 AM
Hi everyone :)

I had two separate, unrelated incidents of people telling me that I look especially rested and my skin looks great/healthy. I think all the water consumption is paying off! Sidenote: I still think water is disgusting.

kelijpa
08-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Toowicky I went through a spell where i could only drink water if it had crystal light in it, sometimes I still need lemon or something, sometimes I want it ice cold, sometimes room temp, not sure what that's all about.

My NSVs are doing crunches in the motel room because they didn't have an exercise room and getting in a great hike with DH and feeling strong after instead of wiped out as before.

sparks17
10-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Been a while since I was here and I am digging up this old thread to share my excitement.

My new NSV - shopping yesterday in the mall and I bought stuff in XL. Not 3x or even 1x - XL, in the regular Women's Dept.

Bye-Bye plus sizes!!!

Mrs Snark
10-21-2013, 09:52 PM
Congratulations Sparks!

CelticHarpie
11-07-2013, 01:30 AM
I had a couple of NSVs this week.

1) My boss, a co-worker, and a former student all saw me at the university on Friday and told me I looked amazing.

2) My college ring, which I had resized larger a few years back, is now far too loose and I've put it away for awhile (will resize it smaller when I get to goal weight).

3) Two rings that my parents gave me (one from my 16th birthday and one from when I graduated from college) now fit again. No resizing needed!

sparks17
11-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Congratulations, CelticHarpie! I do so love when things that used to be tight fit again!!!

Magicsusan
02-28-2014, 11:29 AM
:running:

I did it! I went running in public!