Metabolic Research Center - MRC December Thread

View Full Version : MRC December Thread

skelley331
12-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Well it's december already and hard to believe, getting ready for the holidays again! I'm on week 3 of stabilization and doing great! I can't believe all the foods they add back in so quick but they tell me this is the transition to take your body out of the fat burning mode!!! so far i've maintained my weight which is good. I got to drink milk for the first time in 4 months since i've been on plan!! Sometimes i can't eat all the foods. I'm excited that im finally here and moving forward and it's working! :carrot::carrot:

pam745
12-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Congrats on your success skelley!!!!

I have had a hard time staying on plan this last month. It started with just a little bite of something here and there and then snowballed a bite of something almost everyday. The first couple of weeks I still lost weight which just let me allow myself to continue the bad habits. So as of today I am strickly back on plan! No more cheats!

Going4Fit
12-02-2012, 06:23 PM
skelley I'm so excited for you! I love hearing how your transition is going with your stabilization on your way to maintenance. Congratulations on your success!

pam good for you for halting that snowball in its tracks and making the choice to stop those extra little bites! Looks like you are very close to your goal. How does that feel?

Last night I did something I've never done before... I tried on skinny jeans at the mall! I didn't buy any, I'll wait until I see if these last few pounds I'm trying to get off will come off my thighs which should drop me down a size (I'm wearing a 10 now), but I also didn't leave the dressing room near tears! My ultimate goal is to be able to wear skinny jeans with the tall boots like all the gals are wearing nowadays. I'm getting close so I'm excited!

Keylani
12-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Grats Skelley!

Good Luck Pam :-)

Going4fit...YAY, skinny jeans! I love going to try on clothes now. I don't buy them either...but it sure feels good knowing what size your in.

skelley331
12-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Congrats on your success skelley!!!!

I have had a hard time staying on plan this last month. It started with just a little bite of something here and there and then snowballed a bite of something almost everyday. The first couple of weeks I still lost weight which just let me allow myself to continue the bad habits. So as of today I am strickly back on plan! No more cheats!

Thanks, oh i've had my cheat days too but I always make sure to get back on plan right away! :)

skelley331
12-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Grats Skelley!

Good Luck Pam :-)

Going4fit...YAY, skinny jeans! I love going to try on clothes now. I don't buy them either...but it sure feels good knowing what size your in.

LOL: I just went shopping saturday for my husband christmas party friday night and I bought a pair of Miss Me skinny jeans and tall black boots, first for me but it feels so good to be able to wear them and look good in them!!! :cp:

meazie
12-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Hi everyoneÖIíve been MIA. :o Time for me to face the music and admit that I totally fell off program 6 weeks ago. I donít have a good excuse. Really, I donít. I took the easy route and ate what was easy. Iíve gained 8 lbs. back according to my scale.

The manager at my center called me today to check in. She said she wants to see me succeed and wants to give me back those 6 weeks on my program. I thought it was very generous of her to offer that. She was not judgmental at all.

So whatís holding me back? I just need to get my butt in to my center and start eating right! Someone kick me in the butt, will ya?!

skelley331
12-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Hi everyoneÖIíve been MIA. :o Time for me to face the music and admit that I totally fell off program 6 weeks ago. I donít have a good excuse. Really, I donít. I took the easy route and ate what was easy. Iíve gained 8 lbs. back according to my scale.

The manager at my center called me today to check in. She said she wants to see me succeed and wants to give me back those 6 weeks on my program. I thought it was very generous of her to offer that. She was not judgmental at all.

So whatís holding me back? I just need to get my butt in to my center and start eating right! Someone kick me in the butt, will ya?!

Meazie: Okay now let's get you back on track, listen to your center and let her help you! You came a long way and you can do this, remember you eat to live not live to eat and we are all here for you! Look forward from now on!!! :carrot::carrot:

pam745
12-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Thanks all for the words of encouragement. Today was a good day!

Meazie, I understand and I would give you a kick if I wasn't already giving myself one, LOL! I agree with skelley, go back to the center and let them help. Good luck!

Going4Fit
12-04-2012, 01:11 AM
LOL: I just went shopping saturday for my husband christmas party friday night and I bought a pair of Miss Me skinny jeans and tall black boots, first for me but it feels so good to be able to wear them and look good in them!!! :cp:

Oh my goodness! I was hoping to debut the skinny jeans and boots for my husbands Christmas party too! I ordered boots from Zappos and they came today and fit great. Can't believe that's me in the mirror! My first tall boots! I don't think I will have the guts to do it but his party is still 10 days off so we'll see. Since it looks like I can do a size 8 in some brands, I may be able to borrow some skinny jeans from a neighbor at the last minute. Don't want to spend more money on me right now with all the Christmas spending I'm doing.

(BTW, Miss Me?! Wow! That must feel pretty good!)

Going4Fit
12-04-2012, 01:18 AM

Hi meazie, I'm new to 3fatchicks. I've been doing MRC since beginning of August. Welcome back! Don't waste time feeling sorry for yourself about the gain. You're still way ahead from where you started and how great that the center is letting you keep those weeks! If you can afford it, do MetaQuick for a week - you can call it your week of chocolate! I finally tried it and loved it, and my averages in the two weeks since then have been much better than usual, so you'll get those eight pounds back in no time. Good luck and keep us posted!

cmarty
12-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Hey Meazie...just jump back on the wagon...we all fall off sometimes..Babe Ruth Struck out I don't know how many times before he made a home run..we've got to get up and keep working at it!

Skelley...girl..you r dropping those pant sizes quickly...:carrot:
Pam.. glad your back on plan!
Going for fit...your doing great gal....so glad your joined us here!
They want me to pay them for more weeks but I think I'll pretend like Im going to stabilization and just keep dieting .. I dont want to spend any more money!
Its been really hard since I dropped off for a few days during Thanksgiving....But I am going to keep on keeping on until I lose all the weight I want.Then I am going to send you girls the transformation pictures. I look foward to that day!
.I go weigh Friday! WHo knows? I have lost inches for sure!

bigdog
12-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Meazie, and everyone else who fell off the wagon....i fell off and fell hard!!! back on plan today and will continue taking it one day at a time. i just drank 4 bottles of water in the last 2 hours and i'm sure i'll be running to the bathroom all night but that is activity, right?

i feel so bloated and cant wait to get light again and not have that tight pant feeling....
WE CAN DO THIS!!!! :)

skelley331
12-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Hey Meazie...just jump back on the wagon...we all fall off sometimes..Babe Ruth Struck out I don't know how many times before he made a home run..we've got to get up and keep working at it!

Skelley...girl..you r dropping those pant sizes quickly...:carrot:
Pam.. glad your back on plan!
Going for fit...your doing great gal....so glad your joined us here!
They want me to pay them for more weeks but I think I'll pretend like Im going to stabilization and just keep dieting .. I dont want to spend any more money!
Its been really hard since I dropped off for a few days during Thanksgiving....But I am going to keep on keeping on until I lose all the weight I want.Then I am going to send you girls the transformation pictures. I look foward to that day!
.I go weigh Friday! WHo knows? I have lost inches for sure!

Cmarty: that's what i did, i didn't pay more money as they would have liked me too, but i'm starting week 4 of stabilization but i'm actually still following the green menu, i have to admit i've cheated a little here and there but so far it's not affected my weight, i go friday am to weigh in and get my week four menu, I know i'm still losing inches because my size 8's i just bought 2 wks ago are now getting loose!! goodluck friday, i will look for your update and i will post mine also! I bought some Miss Me skinny jeans last sat for my husbands xmas party friday night, it was awesome shopping with my daughter on saturday she is so proud of me!! i"m actually in a size smaller than her LOL! :carrot:

msalice72
12-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Fitting into those skinny jeans is awesome! Not leaving a dressing room feeling depressed and crying is also GOOD! :) Congrats also surviving the holiday parties and all the temptations.

I want to extend a personal congrats to those that fell off the wagon, but are getting back on. It is encouraging to hear your resolve and also the support from the centers you are going to. The accountability is what is making me stay on track I think right now.

I'm going to be on the Green menu starting Friday. I'm looking forward to having a bit more variety. I've been going by my home scale since weighing in at the center has to many variables (how much I've drank/eaten, what clothes I'm wearing that day). So far I'm down 9.2 lbs since Ive started keeping track. I think the supplements help as well as the food limits. I'm learning portion control all over again!

bigdog
12-06-2012, 10:36 AM
lost 3 lbs this week, getting back on the wagon, and focusing on eating my veggies, protein and more water! and 3 HNSs a day.

Woo hoo!!! back in control again and loving it. :-)

faerychic
12-06-2012, 12:19 PM
lost 3 lbs this week, getting back on the wagon, and focusing on eating my veggies, protein and more water! and 3 HNSs a day.

Woo hoo!!! back in control again and loving it. :-)

I need to jump back on the wagon again too! I have been doing pretty well in maintenace until recently - jumped on the scale this morning and I am up 3 pounds (never made it to my original goal of 160, but 163 felt pretty good - just cannot let it get out of control at this point!) Anyway, I definitely get motivated coming here jumping back in.

Great job to all you losers and gotta love skinny jeans :D!!!

camaswa
12-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Good for you Faery for getting back on it now rather than later! Its only gonna get harder as these weeks go by.

cmarty
12-07-2012, 06:30 PM
Congrats Big Dog!

You guys won't believe this...I lost 4 and half pounds this week and I didn't do anything different! I guess it is just melting off!
I have lost almost 40lbs and 40 inches total!:carrot:

Going4Fit
12-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Congrats Big Dog!

You guys won't believe this...I lost 4 and half pounds this week and I didn't do anything different! I guess it is just melting off!

cmarty, that's so great! I had a pretty good week last week too but added four to six extra cups of water at the suggestion of one of the consultants. Was worried I'd spend the entire day in the bathroom since I'm already drinking twelve cups a day, but it didn't turn out to be too hard. I'm wondering if it's true about how our body is so much more efficient at burning fat once we get to that 27% body fat range the center sets for their goal for us. But then again, I only had 1 pound this week. *shrug*

Is your 128 goal you mentioned on the other thread official with the center, or do you plan on trying to get lower while on stabilization and maintenance so you can stop paying for the program? Just wondering, since the goal under your avatar is a higher amount. I had picked 135 for my goal even though they chose 147 because of my height. I told them I'd been 140 pounds a few times before and still had lots of extra weight on my butt/thighs, so no way was I going to settle for 147. Kind of odd - some of the consultants fuss at me about it, saying that 27% body fat is where they want me to be and they want me to start stabilization. There's no way a single one of those ladies has that much body fat - they are all size zero's and two's. I told them I've come this far, paid this much money, I'm not settling for good enough. I want to be fit and active and I want to see it through until I'm comfortable with my body. They finally agreed to let me try for 24% body fat. I don't know what that weight will end up being. I'm only a few pounds from my first goal of 135 though, and I don't think it's going to be it.

Going4Fit
12-07-2012, 08:34 PM
bigdog and faery - congrats to you both for coming back on and getting back on the wagon! bigdog, it's paid off already! How cool is that!

faery, how long have you been on maintenance?

skelley331
12-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Congrats Big Dog!

You go girl, congratuations! I start wk 4 today on stabilization, i'm loving it! Lost 1.5 lbs yesterday!! :carrot:

skelley331
12-08-2012, 10:35 AM

Yeah this is me in my skinny jeans, we went to my husbands xmas party last night!!!!:carrot:

Going4Fit
12-08-2012, 12:24 PM

Yeah this is me in my skinny jeans, we went to my husbands xmas party last night!!!!:carrot:

You rocked it! Love the whole look - great top and blazer, great boots, perfect! Thanks for sharing the pic!

I went back to the mall without the kids and had time to try on more jeans. Bought some size 8 skinny's to wear with my boots but haven't found a top yet. Definitely want something sparkly or metallic since that's the trend and it's a Christmas party after all. I still don't know if I'll have the guts to wear the outfit even if I do find a top. Party is Thursday. We'll see.

cmarty
12-09-2012, 07:49 AM
Skelley .WOW!.you look fantastic ...Thanks for sharing the picture

I finally made it to a size 8!!! WOO HOO!!

Going 4 fit...Yes, I had a lower goal than the center! They said 142.. I want 128..I think i am 26 percent body fat...so we will see Are you trying to lose much more? I see your almost to goal...Congrats!!:carrot:

faerychic
12-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Going4fit: I have been in maintenance since the end of July, so not very long. I have been worried about gaining around the holidays - I think it was actually easier for me when I was on plan just to completely stay away from sweets and the traditional holiday foods.

skelley331
12-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Skelley .WOW!.you look fantastic ...Thanks for sharing the picture

I finally made it to a size 8!!! WOO HOO!!

Going 4 fit...Yes, I had a lower goal than the center! They said 142.. I want 128..I think i am 26 percent body fat...so we will see Are you trying to lose much more? I see your almost to goal...Congrats!!:carrot:

cmarty congrats on the size 8!!! I see everyone has a really low body fat percentage, at home mine stays around 34-35%, at the center it shows 36% but thats later in the morning, i'm one lb away from my goal weight so i don't understand why my body fat % won't go down???? I still want to lose about 5-10 more lbs.:carrot::carrot:

pam745
12-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Looks like it was a good week! Congrats everyone. I worked hard this week to stay on plan and I lost 3 more pounds! My original time was up so I signed up for 10 more weeks. I'm close to my original goal, but I want to loose a little more. I think I'll just see where I end up at the end of this 10 weeks.

Going4Fit
12-10-2012, 03:03 AM
Wow - everyone is doing so well!

faerychic, I understand about it being easier to just be on plan. I'm slightly terrified of going off the green menu! But dealing with life after the diet is exactly why I decided to join a weight loss center this time around. I'm looking forward to the maintenance support. You put in the time and money to get there, they owe you that support. They can coach you through this holiday season and get you back on track!

pam, congrats on staying on plan and a 3lb loss! Woo-hoo! Ten more weeks will get you another twenty pounds for sure if you work your menu - won't that feel great? I'm excited for you!

cmarty, I don't know pound-wise or bodyfat%-wise what I'm going to do! I just know I want to stick with this until the extra flab is gone off my butt/thighs. There's been a couple of promotions at my center where I've earned extra weeks, so I'm not out of time yet. Gonna see what happens this month. For sure each five pounds now is making a noticeable difference (whereas when I first started I had to lose twenty pounds before I could finally go down a size!) so it could just be that the last five I need to lose comes off these thighs.

I'm jealous of both you and skelley in your size 8's. Goodness, we're all about the same height and I've gotten into the 130's and I'm only just now fitting into a size 8, but sticking with my 10's until they get baggier.

Skelley, what do you use to check your body fat % at home? I bought an Omron handheld and when I tried it a few weeks ago it had me at 18% which is very low and was nearly 10% off from the center, so I don't think it's very accurate. The center's scale now shows me at 26%.

lovetofishandrun
12-10-2012, 12:40 PM
On the discussion about body fat %. I posted several months ago about the discrepancy between centers scale BF% vs my doctors scale. The center was off by 10% with me with more!! I'm going with my doctor since I know his scale is routinely calibrated and not sure about center. In fact, when I mentioned the difference to my counselor her comment - "I'm not surprised. I don't know the last time it was calibrated".

I've fallen a little too. I'm having a chronic problem and my doctor commented that I might have to go gluten free - oh my!! With all that is going on between now and first of year, I decided to watch the amount of gluten. I asked my center for assistance on this two weeks ago but no luck so far.

Willpower to all who are struggling (this is a tough time of the year) and congrats to all losing or maintaining.

skelley331
12-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Wow - everyone is doing so well!

faerychic, I understand about it being easier to just be on plan. I'm slightly terrified of going off the green menu! But dealing with life after the diet is exactly why I decided to join a weight loss center this time around. I'm looking forward to the maintenance support. You put in the time and money to get there, they owe you that support. They can coach you through this holiday season and get you back on track!

pam, congrats on staying on plan and a 3lb loss! Woo-hoo! Ten more weeks will get you another twenty pounds for sure if you work your menu - won't that feel great? I'm excited for you!

cmarty, I don't know pound-wise or bodyfat%-wise what I'm going to do! I just know I want to stick with this until the extra flab is gone off my butt/thighs. There's been a couple of promotions at my center where I've earned extra weeks, so I'm not out of time yet. Gonna see what happens this month. For sure each five pounds now is making a noticeable difference (whereas when I first started I had to lose twenty pounds before I could finally go down a size!) so it could just be that the last five I need to lose comes off these thighs.

I'm jealous of both you and skelley in your size 8's. Goodness, we're all about the same height and I've gotten into the 130's and I'm only just now fitting into a size 8, but sticking with my 10's until they get baggier.

Skelley, what do you use to check your body fat % at home? I bought an Omron handheld and when I tried it a few weeks ago it had me at 18% which is very low and was nearly 10% off from the center, so I don't think it's very accurate. The center's scale now shows me at 26%.

Hi lovetofishandrun: I use a digital scale by healthometer, i bought it online about 6 yrs ago and t shows me around 35.1 to 35.6% depending on what time of day i weigh, i've been down to 34.2%, I always weigh myself in the nude (TMI lol) after i get up in the morning, the center always shows me at least 1 to 1.5 lbs more and 1-2% more body fat when i go there. I went on Fat to Fit website and put in all the calculations it asked for and it shows me at 26% so I don't really know! The only really fat I feel i have left is on my lower back on the sides. :?:

bigdog
12-11-2012, 01:06 PM
just ordered from Vitacost and am trying the Walden Farms Caramel Dip to eat w/ my apples for a treat. OMG, all i feel like eating are snacks and not complete meals..
i figured the apple w/ the Caramel dip (0 calories, 0 fat) would be a good treat/dessert. Vitacost has a 10% coupon on their site so it was $3.50. also ordered some protein bars (South Beach) 5 bars for $2.78. (haven't tried them - 9 g. protein) a little low in protein but low in cal. too... 140 cal.
Free shipping for $49 purchases... not as fast delivery as Diet Direct but the Syntrax Vanilla Bean Torte is a few dollars cheaper...

am fully stocked w/ salad fixings, eggs, greek yogurt, cheese, etc. so i have good choices on hand.

went to a Christmas party this past Sunday and the cool thing was alot of people bought salads and fresh fruit and cheeses so i was able to stay on plan. had water and a glass of champagne to toast! Tasted a chocolate dessert (2 bites) and did try the ginger snaps w/ pumpkin dip (my favorite).

i love when you go out to dinner at someone's house or party and they have healthy choices. :hat:

bigdog
12-11-2012, 01:12 PM
Congrats Big Dog!

that's fantastic!!! woo hoo! just reading this made me refill my jug of water and eat my salad for lunch :)

Going4Fit
12-11-2012, 03:39 PM
bigdog, thanks for the reminder about the Vitacost website. I've been looking for the Walden Farms pancake syrup and it doesn't seem to be sold locally anywhere so was going to have to resort to ordering it. I don't have anything to use it on yet - can't figure out how to make a pancake type thing on program. But my grandmother is diabetic and most sugar free syrups have yucky side effects (gas). People say not so with this one, and it tastes great too.

Well I was up half a pound at my weigh-in yesterday. I've been overdue for a plateau and I know it will even out in a week or two, but it's still disappointing when I was hoping for two more pounds off this week for that extra bit of confidence before debuting the skinny jeans and boots for hubby's Christmas party. I did everything right though - followed my menu 100% and did my exercise. Just gotta keep plugging along.

I pulled out the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD and tried it again this morning. I thought it might be easier now that I'm 20lbs lighter. I think it was easier, but I was just as dizzy and lightheaded afterwards, which I why I stopped doing it before. I'm plenty hydrated before I start, and chug an additional 2 cups of water plus an HNS immediately afterwards, so all I can figure is it's too intense of a workout for how low the calories/carbs are on this plan.

skelley331
12-11-2012, 09:28 PM
bigdog, thanks for the reminder about the Vitacost website. I've been looking for the Walden Farms pancake syrup and it doesn't seem to be sold locally anywhere so was going to have to resort to ordering it. I don't have anything to use it on yet - can't figure out how to make a pancake type thing on program. But my grandmother is diabetic and most sugar free syrups have yucky side effects (gas). People say not so with this one, and it tastes great too.

Well I was up half a pound at my weigh-in yesterday. I've been overdue for a plateau and I know it will even out in a week or two, but it's still disappointing when I was hoping for two more pounds off this week for that extra bit of confidence before debuting the skinny jeans and boots for hubby's Christmas party. I did everything right though - followed my menu 100% and did my exercise. Just gotta keep plugging along.

I pulled out the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD and tried it again this morning. I thought it might be easier now that I'm 20lbs lighter. I think it was easier, but I was just as dizzy and lightheaded afterwards, which I why I stopped doing it before. I'm plenty hydrated before I start, and chug an additional 2 cups of water plus an HNS immediately afterwards, so all I can figure is it's too intense of a workout for how low the calories/carbs are on this plan.

Don't beat yourself up, i went thru the same thing, seemed like i couldn't lose not even 1/2 a lb but then found out i was losing more inches than lbs!!! So they measured me that day and i had lot 5 1/4" WOW!! My counselor told me that sometimes your weight will stall while losing inches. Hang in there!!!:carrot::carrot:

1 thinner me
12-12-2012, 07:40 AM
Hey All, I am a returning MRCer, I lost all my weight 4 years ago but tried to stabillize myself. Ended up gaining all my weight back plus some. I've tried over the last few years to get back on it but with no success until now. I've been on program for 2 1/2 weeks and have lost 13lbs so far. I feel that this is it. I'm graduating nursing school in May and I want to start my career healthy. I know I will still to it this time and be successful. I love reading all your accomplishments. I too want to wear skinny jeans and tall boots sooooo badddd!! Good luck to all, have a great day on program!!

Going4Fit
12-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Yay! Welcome back 1 thinner me! Aren't you a smart one for getting back on program now instead of after the holidays! You get to start the new year way ahead instead of further behind. You go girl! :carrot:

skelley331
12-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Okay i need some serious feedback, i have done so good for 5 1/2 months and i'm even in stabilization, but the last few days i've been going crazy with cravings, and today i went off plan and ate three cookies, ice cream with carmel and nuts, and chips, I feel like i'm spinning out of control and i don't know why i'm scared!!!!! :?::?::?::?: It's like i tell myself no no no but still eat!!!

Going4Fit
12-13-2012, 12:32 PM
skelley, first of all I'm so sorry you had a bad day with your eating. You're in stabilization and so close to being on your own and "eating in the wild" and I think maybe you're scared because you just got a picture of how quickly your old eating habits can sneak back up on you?

Have you done any of the connection classes at your center? The lady that does them at mine puts a diagram up on the board at every class - a circle showing that our thoughts, feelings and behaviors are all connected and drive each other. In the middle of that circle she writes the word "choice". We can choose what to dwell on (our thoughts), which affects our feelings, and our feelings affect our behaviors. With this thing rolling along through this cycle, we've got momentum. That momentum can carry us towards our goals or away from our goals.

Yesterday you made food choices that weren't on your plan. Feeling out of control and scared about it means you've begun a cycle of negative momentum. You can correct that! You can make the choice to accept that you ate some things off plan, but that you aren't going to let that de-rail all of your hard work. Spend some time thinking about what choices you can make to create positive momentum in that cycle that get you moving back towards your goal. For instance, you can choose to do an extra workout today to burn off those extra calories that you regret eating. With that choice, you may begin to feel empowered instead of regretful. An empowered feeling will drive your behavior. You can do it!

Have you thought about what got you overeating in the first place? Maybe you subconsciously thought you deserved a break after all your hard work and debuting your new look at your husbands party? Understanding what you were feeling when the cravings started can help you make different choices next time you're feeling that way. Of course, it could just be you stepped on that slippery slope and discovered it's much harder to stop eating than to just not start in the first place! Chalk it up to lesson learned.

I've been fighting cravings really bad this week too! I've decided it's because I keep hearing the message everywhere I turn about how hard it is to get through the holidays. It's making me cranky! And when I'm cranky I like to eat.

skelley331
12-13-2012, 03:11 PM
skelley, first of all I'm so sorry you had a bad day with your eating. You're in stabilization and so close to being on your own and "eating in the wild" and I think maybe you're scared because you just got a picture of how quickly your old eating habits can sneak back up on you?

Have you done any of the connection classes at your center? The lady that does them at mine puts a diagram up on the board at every class - a circle showing that our thoughts, feelings and behaviors are all connected and drive each other. In the middle of that circle she writes the word "choice". We can choose what to dwell on (our thoughts), which affects our feelings, and our feelings affect our behaviors. With this thing rolling along through this cycle, we've got momentum. That momentum can carry us towards our goals or away from our goals.

Yesterday you made food choices that weren't on your plan. Feeling out of control and scared about it means you've begun a cycle of negative momentum. You can correct that! You can make the choice to accept that you ate some things off plan, but that you aren't going to let that de-rail all of your hard work. Spend some time thinking about what choices you can make to create positive momentum in that cycle that get you moving back towards your goal. For instance, you can choose to do an extra workout today to burn off those extra calories that you regret eating. With that choice, you may begin to feel empowered instead of regretful. An empowered feeling will drive your behavior. You can do it!

Have you thought about what got you overeating in the first place? Maybe you subconsciously thought you deserved a break after all your hard work and debuting your new look at your husbands party? Understanding what you were feeling when the cravings started can help you make different choices next time you're feeling that way. Of course, it could just be you stepped on that slippery slope and discovered it's much harder to stop eating than to just not start in the first place! Chalk it up to lesson learned.

I've been fighting cravings really bad this week too! I've decided it's because I keep hearing the message everywhere I turn about how hard it is to get through the holidays. It's making me cranky! And when I'm cranky I like to eat.

Going4fit: Thank you for your support and feedback, my center has not mentioned anything about connection classes, it's hard for me to go there in the evenings because of my work, But i understand what you said about "choice" and momentum, and i believe you are right that i was just scared and also thought i deserved a break, it was like i take all these pills everyday and eat the same things everyday and I just lost my way.

But let me tell you that thru the night i got up twice to go to the restroom and each time i got dizzy and felt the room spinning and then the same thing this morning when i got up and I felt HORRIBLE, i know it was because i put so much sugar in my system that it went into shock! So i started drinking water like crazy and it started flushing out the toxic right away, i feel much better now but i will not go thru that again, i don't even want to look at a cookie or chips now!!! Lesson learned for sure!!

I did feel guilty to the extent that i went down in my basement last night at 9:30 and did 30 mins of walk away the lbs DVD!! I think that's what helped me not gain anything this morning, now it may show up tomorrow but i am back on track today and staying on track. I again appreciate your imput! Thank you so much :hug:

1 thinner me
12-14-2012, 11:51 AM
Yay! Welcome back 1 thinner me! Aren't you a smart one for getting back on program now instead of after the holidays! You get to start the new year way ahead instead of further behind. You go girl! :carrot:

Thank you so much Going4Fit!!:)

msalice72
12-14-2012, 12:00 PM
Going4fit - such great words and positive support! Skelley, I hope yesterday and today is much better! Congrats to coming to the boards and posting your struggles for help. We are here to encourage and also show that we aren't alone in this!

LetHerOut
12-14-2012, 11:42 PM
Hello, everyone.

I am coming back to MRC and 3FC after a 16 month absence! I started MRC in July 2011 and got pregnant after 2 months and 20 pounds of weight loss. I've gained all of that back (of course) and feel like life has settled down enough that I can work on ME again.

I just started preconditioning on Thursday. So far it's going well. I have cravings and have to push myself to make actual meals instead of snacking all day as I'd gotten into the habit of doing. I know from my previous stint on the program that the cravings will fade, though, and I'll start really enjoying a stabilized energy level and lower numbers on the scale!

I love reading about the successes of others on the program, and knowing I'm not alone when I have struggles. So thanks for all the posts and it's nice to meet you. :)

bigdog
12-15-2012, 10:18 AM
Going4fit. Thanks for the words of wisdom :). (Save). :)

bigdog
12-15-2012, 10:40 AM
My Walden farm caramel dip arrived and opened it and tasted. Yikes!!! But mixed w my Syntrax vanilla bean torte protein mix, dash of cinnamon and pumpkin spice in the blender. Oh my!!! It is sooooooooo good and rich - sinful!!!
I'll try it w my choc truffle mix tonight for dessert. Yum!!!

Going4Fit
12-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Big dog that sounds so yummy. Those syntax shakes get such good reviews - I'm definitely going to try them when I get to maintenance and start weight training. You'll have to send me your referral code.

Skelley I hope things are going better?

LetHerOut, welcome back and congrats on the new baby! Babies are totally worth the weight gain. Always told myself I'd control my weight through my pregnancies but never did. Had big, fat, ugly pregnancies and was completely jealous of all the gals with their cute pregnant bellies. *sigh* Well that part of my life is over now. Did have a pregnancy scare last month. Turns out my hormones were adjusting to my weight loss and it threw my cycle off. I've never had that happen before!

Well ladies I officially hit a plateau as my second weigh in this week saw me at 138 again. It was bound to happen again sometime, I'm just bummed it happened this week. My center was doing a secret prize drawing you could participate in if you lost a pound -free weeks on program or HNS's were some of the prizes you could have drawn. Figures this would be the week I don't lose. :(

Well, I did everything I could and nothing else to do but keep plugging along. I went ahead and wore the skinny jeans and boots to hubbies party. I figure no one knew me there so what was the big deal - need to stop being so self conscious. Hubby was very complimentary. Even telling me again the next morning how good I looked in those jeans. So that's pretty cool.

Hope everyone is doing well! :tree:

skelley331
12-15-2012, 09:30 PM
going4fit: Yes I'm doing much much better and got some really good news today! I went to weigh in at my Center and i didn't gain from my off week!! And i have been officially put on maintenance as of today!!! I finally made it, I couldn't have done it without all the support i get on this site!!! I'm so grateful!! :carrot::carrot:

skelley331
12-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Big dog that sounds so yummy. Those syntax shakes get such good reviews - I'm definitely going to try them when I get to maintenance and start weight training. You'll have to send me your referral code.

Skelley I hope things are going better?

LetHerOut, welcome back and congrats on the new baby! Babies are totally worth the weight gain. Always told myself I'd control my weight through my pregnancies but never did. Had big, fat, ugly pregnancies and was completely jealous of all the gals with their cute pregnant bellies. *sigh* Well that part of my life is over now. Did have a pregnancy scare last month. Turns out my hormones were adjusting to my weight loss and it threw my cycle off. I've never had that happen before!

Well ladies I officially hit a plateau as my second weigh in this week saw me at 138 again. It was bound to happen again sometime, I'm just bummed it happened this week. My center was doing a secret prize drawing you could participate in if you lost a pound -free weeks on program or HNS's were some of the prizes you could have drawn. Figures this would be the week I don't lose. :(

Well, I did everything I could and nothing else to do but keep plugging along. I went ahead and wore the skinny jeans and boots to hubbies party. I figure no one knew me there so what was the big deal - need to stop being so self conscious. Hubby was very complimentary. Even telling me again the next morning how good I looked in those jeans. So that's pretty cool.

Hope everyone is doing well! :tree:

WOOT WOOT on those skinny jeans, it made me feel so good when i wore mine to my hubby's xmas party!!! And i went and bought another pair that aren't so bling bling for everyday wear!!! I love'em :carrot::carrot:

mindboggld
12-16-2012, 09:26 PM
Hey everyone! Sorry I've been out of it for so long... my dad died so I've been dealing with that and then just haven't gotten back on.

Good news is I'm still on plan! I'm down 12 lbs... it's slower than I wanted, averaging about 2 lbs per week... but it is going down!

msalice72
12-17-2012, 12:17 PM
mindboggld condolences to you and your family for the loss of your father. So glad you are back!

Going4Fit
12-17-2012, 04:15 PM
skelley I'm so glad you didn't have a gain at your weigh-in. What a relief for you! You mentioned still taking all the pills - I know they wean you off the HNS's during stabilization, but what about all the herbs and vitamins? Sounds like you're still taking them? (BTW - I've worn my skinny jeans every day since the party. They are so comfy! Mine weren't a blingy pair, just soft and stretchy.)

mindboggld, I'm so sorry for your loss. Congrats for staying on program this whole time and I'm glad you came back to the forum (I saw you on here before when I was still a lurker *lol*). 2lbs a week is great - I'm not sure I've seen anyone on here average the 3 to 5 the center supposedly guarantees anyway, but maybe some people really do.

Hey, anybody else out there have a hard time feeling flattered when someone says "Wow, you look like you have lost a TON of weight!"? I know it's meant as a compliment, and I promise you I receive it gratefully. But I just can't help feeling insulted at the same time! It's like they are saying "Hey - you used to be really fat!" Of course I was fat, so it is what it is. Just wondering if others feel the same way... :dizzy:

msalice72
12-17-2012, 05:46 PM
Going4fit - I do have an issue with people calling attention to my appearance on anything. Being a twin, I grew up with constant physical comparisons (she battled being too sikinny, I had the opposite problem). I can appreciate what they are trying to say when they can tell I've lost weight, however it reminds me that they were probably "thinking" and not saying outloud "boy, Alice sure has gained a lot of weight" or "if she lost weight she would be so pretty".

Its all just insecurities and that evil voice in our heads trying to hold us back. Takes time to just let it go.

skelley331
12-18-2012, 07:52 PM
going4fit: Yes they are weaning me off the HNS but they haven't said anything about the vitamins and oils. I'll ask when i go this saturday. :)
glad you are wearing your skinny jeans, i just bought another pair for casual wear, the ones i wore to my husbands xmas party have alot of bling!! But i love them!

Keylani
12-19-2012, 09:26 AM
skelley, grats to you!!

mindboggld, I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Going4Fit
12-20-2012, 03:03 PM
... however it reminds me that they were probably "thinking" and not saying out loud "boy, Alice sure has gained a lot of weight" ...

Yes! This is exactly what bugs me about it. Nobody had anything to say when I was out-of-control, gaining nearly fifty pounds in a years time. I understand it's considered rude to comment on weight gain, and complimentary to comment on weight loss, but I can't separate the one without knowing they were thinking the other.

Anyway, neither here nor there. I'm getting healthy for me - not for what other's think. I do think it would be nice to have some healthy enough friends that could have talked to me when they noticed me gaining - who knew me well enough to recognize that I was making unhealthy choices and needed help. But maybe that will come with time and trust. On a positive note, this is the first weight loss journey I've had where people's comments haven't triggered overeating in me again. :carrot:

Going4Fit
12-22-2012, 03:48 AM
Finished a week of Meta-Quick. No loss. They say you see the biggest effects from Meta-Quick the week after you do it, so we'll see. My next weigh-in is Monday and I should see a loss by then, and they are doing the body comp so I'll be able to see if something is happening that the scale isn't revealing. I think my jeans have gotten looser then they were two weeks ago, but I can't quite decide. We'll see what the inches say. I don't normally get so nit-picky about this, but this is the longest plateau I've ever hit and the timing couldn't be worse. I want to be rewarded with losses after passing up all the holiday goodies! (Another plate full from the neighbors and a whole box full from my sister in the mail just today!). I'm having to be happy settling for maintaining and not gaining, but I just don't feel happy about it. Oh well.

skelley331
12-24-2012, 04:34 PM
I want to wish all my friends on here a Merry Christmas!!! thanks for all your support, will talk to everyone after the holiday!!! Stay OP!!!:carrot::carrot:

cmarty
12-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Hey Girls!

Merry Christmas! I have been totally off program..I have felt yucky...getting back on tomorrow,,,,Be back in touch after Christmas!

Going4Fit
12-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Merry Christmas everyone!

:tree: :candy: :wreath: :candy: :tree:

I got the best gift! At my weigh-in yesterday I was down 3 1/2 lbs which brought my weight loss total to exactly 50 pounds! Just the boost I needed to keep me on plan through the rest of the holiday season. Whew!

I am now more than twenty pounds lighter than I was at age 16 (I saved my first drivers license, that's how I know). And me, a size 8?! I've been a size 12 (or higher) since age 12! I feel amazing! And I finally understand the saying "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels". Eating the right balance of proteins, fats, and carbs as provided for on the green menu to get to this point has made all the difference - this feels like a lifestyle and not a crash diet that I can't wait to get off of.

The numbers on my body comp didn't seem right to the counselor (something about the impedence levels not being close enough to the previous reading), so I'm supposed to do it again at my next weigh-in and then they'll do my measurements and schedule my stabilization appointment. This is really happening!

Keylani
12-25-2012, 08:44 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Going4fit:
I'm so happy for you!! Congratulations to you on your success!!! Wow..a size 8!! Very nice!! I know that has to feel fantastic!!!

LetHerOut
12-25-2012, 11:42 PM
mindboggld - condolences for your loss. :(

Going4fit - congratulations! I love this forum exactly because of success stories like yours! It's great to see the program really and truly working for a real person. Good for you!

From your earlier comment - I have emotional reactions to compliments regarding my weight. I have a lot of emotional issues tied up in my weight. I don't think there's anything anyone can say that I wouldn't find a way to take the wrong way!

I was doing good coming off of preconditioning. I'd lost 4.5 pounds during those first 5 days and another .5 at my next weigh in. I have to take things slowly because I'm nursing my daughter, and 5 lbs felt really good. I went to weigh in on Monday, knowing I'd lost at least a little and seeing that "official" number would help keep me closer to plan over the holiday (I knew I was going to go off), but they were closed. I'd specifically asked last week if they would be open Christmas Even and was told yes, and that I'd get a free week for coming in. If they closed early, I wish they'd said something - or posted a sign on the door - and I would have made arrangements to go in earlier. I know this is my journey and my responsibility, but I feel really let down by the center. They're supposed to be there for me! That's why I'm paying them the big bucks! Anyway, back on track tomorrow. I'll weigh in and see what the damage is and do my darnedest to wash it all away with tons of water!

Going4Fit
12-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the kudos ladies! I admit I still had a tough day not wanting to nibble on all the Christmas goodies. I was pretty cranky with my family at times yesterday. :( I'm just as bad as those people who stop smoking and their spouses are the ones who give them back their cigarettes because they can't take being around them anymore when they are so nasty without their fix. It's been close to five months and I'm frustrated that it still affects me that way. I think the double-chocolate pudding HNS is amazingly good and quite a treat (make sure you make it ahead of time and let it refrigerate so it thickens up and is nice and cold), so it's not like I don't get any goodies. Not being able to just nibble and snack is what I miss though.

Recognizing why I was being moody is an important step though, and I think a big part of the problem was that I was in my pajamas all morning doing Christmas with the kids, and then when the baby went down for a nap I did my workout and ended up being stuck in my workout clothes the rest of the night as I had to get Christmas dinner prepared and deal with the Skype calls and texts from family. So I felt ugly and yucky all day. Know what I mean? I need to make sure I shower and dress and feel good about myself - it gives me that boost to make the healthy eating choices.

LetHerOut, I'm sorry the center was closed when you went. :mad: I didn't see anything about the early closure on my calendar or a sign or anything either at my center. It was pure coincidence that I found out mine would be closing early at 3pm since they asked me to schedule my next weigh-in so I could do the body comp and I told them I was planning on coming in Christmas eve.

cmarty, glad to see you check back in. And I'm happy to hear you determined to get back on plan! I personally think as a lifestyle once I get into maintenance, I'll be easier on myself and I plan on playing with the effects of eating more some nights, balanced with more workouts to make up for it. For instance, go ahead and indulge at a party, but hit the spin class at the gym the next morning. I think so long as that's only an every now and again type thing, and I check the results with the scale so I'm not suddenly 8-10lbs heavier, it should work. Gotta trust that I have the tools to manage my weight and a day or two off plan isn't the end of the world. Scary though.

The current contest at my center is what kept me on plan yesterday - I want to win a prize and I get to move four spaces on the game board each time I come to weigh-in and I had no non-MRC choices on my food journal. :D

anjy99
12-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Hi everyone,

It's been a crazy December but I was so excited after almost 2 weeks at a plateau, I finally am down again and that was through the most difficult time of year for me! Last year I gained 10lbs in Dec.

Now, we are leaving for vacation for 10 days, I'm really nervous about staying on program..

Going4Fit
12-29-2012, 04:31 PM
Someone else posted an article on here that stated that the average holiday weight gain is actually only one pound, and not the fabled five to ten that's always thrown around. That gave me a laugh! That may be true of naturally thin and/or fit people. It would take ten years for ten pounds to sneak up on them at that rate. Alas, 'tis not the case for me!

anjy99, congratulations on breaking your plateau during such a difficult time! You're miles ahead of where you were last year. It's a new you coming out!

I had no loss again at my last weigh-in. Still 100% on plan but feeling very discouraged. I had hoped to be able to add calories on maintenance, but it seems my body wants to stabilize on the green menu. The only loss I had all month was after a full week of Meta-Quick. Crazy.