Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 12-02-2012, 12:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/246.5/145

Height: 5.4

Default pancakes?

Did I see a flourless pancake recipe? with protien powder? Any pancake recipes you would like to share. LowCarb/LowCalorie
Newme1288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #2  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

When we were doing low carb I bought some almond flour and used that to make different things, I would have a hard time having pancakes without syrup so that would negate the low carb thing.

I did google low carb pancakes and saw some interesting ideas, a few cream cheese recipes, one with crushed pork rind (not sure if I could try that one) and one with protein powder, it was called How to Make Low Carb Pancakes. good luck

We have regular pancakes once in awhile for a treat, DH had them once a week every week after weigh-in, it was something for him to look forward to as a reward for following his program during the week.

kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #3  
Ailsa

S/C/G: 189/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

There is a high protein recipe for pancakes that includes cottage cheese, but I don't do dairy so I'm not sure. google it though! I take 1 scoop whey protein powder, mix with a little bit of oats or almond meal/coconut flour or just a tiny bit of normal flour and add in an egg white. Don't skip the flour and the egg white, you need something for the protein to kind of "cling" to :P

here's another recipe I have been meaning to try that sounds good:

1/4 cup egg whites
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use brown rice protein powder)
3 fresh figs, mashed
2 Tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 Tablespoon chia seeds
dash of cinnamon
2-3 drops of liquid stevia (optional)
AilsaPearl is offline   Reply With Quote