Simply Filling/Core - Chat (Simply filling/Core) December 1-15

Tejas
12-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Here's our new pages.

I took "weekly" off, since it's not weekly anymore...

Tejas
12-02-2012, 08:25 AM
:wave:

C'mon over...

beach bum
12-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Nothing new, Couldn't go out for our Sunday Brunch as the Christmas Parade is going down main st and no why going to go into that mess.

I had to re-clean my kitchen table as I had small ants all over the plastic table cloth. Have no reason why???? The weren't on my kitchen counter or stove but on the table. I threw the table cloth out,hope I can but it in my recycling. Now my Christmas :tree: table cloth in up. My DD told me that she going to put the tree up today as the kids are bothering her to do so.

RHONDA-Thanks for start up the new pages for the week,hope you had a great Thanksgiving:turkey:,I had a good time except for my DD's in laws stunts,inviting people that was not her business but my DD's. Of course I DIDN'T get involved.

Have a nice Sunday and evening,will be back some time tomorrow.

ontarget
12-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Rhonda, thank you for the new pages.

Maryann, you're wise not to get involved.

We went to the tournament this morning then had lunch out. Today's a gorgeous day. We're enjoying every minute. We took a long walk at a local park after lunch. And did I mention we both have on shorts? :lol:

Tejas
12-02-2012, 07:56 PM
We set a record high here today...ridiculous.

I'm very excited that a friend of mine from Toronto is coming to see us and plans to stay for at least a week. We'll have fun, I know.

I've done rather well the last two days not eating any sugar and cutting carbs. Now to keep that up for a few months :)

ontarget
12-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Good success to you, Rhonda. I did well most of the week but had a free for all today. Life goes on.

You're going to enjoy having your friend down.

nancy237
12-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Still not feeling good. Too much time alone always gets me blue.
Once I feel better I will spend more time with friends and be fine.

At least I have lost weight !!

sloanie
12-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Feel better, Nancy!

Vickie
12-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I've had a lovely weekend and now it's time to get back to my holiday business. I'm heading to Macy's today for a few things and then to come home and write holiday cards.

My eating is semi-controlled and I'm happy about that. I'm having Core meat sauce and whole wheat pasta for dinner with fresh broccoli and homemade applesauce. Not sure about the other meals!

Nancy....feel better!

Sandra, no shorts here but it is supposed to hit 70!! My MY....not in Chicagoland in December.

Rhonda, you sound excited about your friends coming. I had a mini-reunion with 7 of my best/closest grammar school friends whom I'd lost touch with. I've spent the better part of the last year trying to find them and organizing this get together. It made my heart SOOOOO happy to be with them.

Have a great week!

beach bum
12-03-2012, 03:00 PM

No Ants today,I guess I got rid of them.Can't believe what nice weather we are having its up in the 60's but I didn't get out to walk. I went tree giving shopping this morning instead. Tomorrow I'm going out with Rita and the rest of the week is busy with all different things to do.

SANDRA-Thanks,I was they would be a little civil,and not be such trouble makers. The holidays are for family harmony and fighting.WOW!!!Wearing shorts we had good temps [60's]also but not short weather.

NANCY-Hope you feel better soon and will be able to go out with your friends. Nothing like having good friends around.

Have a great day

ontarget
12-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Nancy, :hug:

Vickie, I am so glad you had time with your friends. Kudos for being back on CORE. I am happy for you.

Maryann, glad there are no more ants.

I wore shorts outside again today while we worked in the yard. I did wear capris shopping, though. :lol:

nancy237
12-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Thanks everyone !!!

I feel so much better today physically & emotionally.I had spent so much time in bed sick & home alone Wed til Today that
I was letting it get to me.

I ran errands & took my car in for a service, then met a friend for dinner..
We stayed and talked til 10..
Tomorrow I am spending the day with my cousin & then lunch Wednesday with another friend. Friday I have a workshop on Swallowing Disorders & Treatments ..So much has changed in that area since I worked before that I needed to get up to speed ..

I ate lots tonight but after no appetite for days I allowed myself ...
I bought a Soup Cookbook , but now I realize it doesn't have nutritional info
for the recipes. Trying to decide if it matters because I can tell if the ingredients are healthy or not..I may return it ???

I feel blessed to have my friends (you gals included) !!!

ontarget
12-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Nancy, and we're blessed to have you, too.

I just planted some daffodils and red onion bulbs. Don't know if they will mature or not, but it was fun planting. I'm going to plant some daffodils on my parents' gravesites later this week. This afternoon we have our dgg's birthday celebration. Life is good.

Tejas
12-04-2012, 11:01 PM
We had a performance today at a gated community...it went well, and they enjoyed us.

Tonight I went to city council to speak about gas drilling. About 15 citizens spoke...we are not happy.

Nancy, glad to hear you're feeling better. Alone and sick is not good.

Maryann, glad you don't have ants anymore....we get them from time to time...

Tejas
12-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Yoo hoo! :)

ontarget
12-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Hi there, Rhonda. Wish I could have heard you at the council meeting. You make me proud!

I had a great day today. I did some Christmas shopping, planted some daffodils on my parents' graves, and had some buddy time with a girlfriend. Survivor is on tonight. I'm a happy camper.

Tejas
12-05-2012, 11:30 PM
:thanks: Sandra. it's a very serious issue here--lots of fracking and we need new protections.

My friend arrives in the morning...very excited about this. :dancer:

ontarget
12-05-2012, 11:50 PM
Have fun with your friend, Rhonda.

nancy237
12-06-2012, 12:28 AM
Enjoyed my day, lunch & shopping with a friend then puttering around the house.
Tomorrow I plan to clean & decorate for Christmas. I may skip doing a tree this year because I will be in Ga the week of Christmas..

Vickie
12-07-2012, 08:26 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to get yelled at by the Doctor today. Maybe that will be the final kick in the butt I need.

ontarget
12-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Vickie, I wish I'd gotten here soon enough to tell you to ask your doctor to kick me, too.

Nancy, we aren't decorated yet but will prob do so the next few days.

I subbed today. Had a good time. Now I'm eating pecan halves that Curtis is feeding me. They are from one of our trees. These are the last. The squirrels got the rest.

Vickie
12-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Visit with Doctor was rough as I expected. He's not as warm and fuzzy a guy as I would like. Tough love doesn't work with me. My LDL is still too high so he raised my statins again and encouraged me to start walking again....even 10-15 minutes a couple of times a day. He says something is truly better than nothing. He doesn't want to hear about the pain anywhere else because he says it's largely due to the weight and load on the joints. So.....I'm going to try.

Not waiting until the first of the year but will be as good as I can as many days as I can.

We are all decorated around here.....have been for over a week now and I got my Christmas cards written and out the day before yesterday. I need to make notes to see what else I still need to buy. Later today or tomorrow, I'll box and tissue paper all the gifts I already have here. Not sure when I'll wrap. I have to be in the mood. I lay out all my paper and labels and bows all over the living room and dining room for about 2 days. First I wrap, then Jim does. He wraps his gifts to me and I wrap the ones for him and the others that we give out. It's quite a production. That will probable be done next week some time. I'm feeling like I'd like to be done early this year because running late makes me stressed and stress makes me want to overeat.

Sandra, you made me laugh out loud to think about Curtis feeding you pecans. Those are my favorite nuts.

I was in Trader Joe's yesterday. I love to walk around there during the holidays because they have such cool holiday products. None healthy or dietetic. Do you have those stores? They are a sort of speciality Whole Foods....much smaller. But the do have produce and cheese and meats. Yesterday, I learned for the first time that brussels sprouts grow on stalks! Yep....56 years old and I stood there like a child with wonder on my face. They had pile upon pile of stalks with the sprouts still attached. I tried to get Jim to look at them in wonder with me but he'd moved on to the free tasting of the chocolate peppermint brownies! He said he didn't want to look at anything he wasn't going to eat. I don't eat them either but it was still cool.

Rhonda, I'm going to do some reading about fracking. I'm ashamed to admit that I don't know much about it. I'm impressed that you are so active and involved.

Nancy, are you decorated? I missed my tree when we didn't put it up last year. Can you all believe it'll be a year at the end of December since we remodeled our Master Bath.....if you don't count all the visits back throughout the Spring!

Gotta go eat my breakfast. I've been eating Shredded Wheat and Bran since I started Core. Got 2 bad boxes and called the company and sure enough....there was a problem. I have 3 other boxes here with different dates that now I don't want to try because I'm afraid they are going to taste bad. I know....I'm nuts. What other healthy cereals do you guys eat? I need a new healthy COLD cereal until I forget about the Shredded Wheat and Bran issue.

Light and love.

beach bum
12-08-2012, 12:34 PM

Sorry for not posting regularly but last week I was very busy going to a Christmas party,and a seminar,an appointment with the foot doctor etc etc etc.

Its going to be a rainy day along with dampness. I have to go out and get my meds for my cholesterol as they didn't have enough the other day when I picked them up.

I now decided to buy my grand kids [now they don't believe in Santa any more]Christmas gift card in stead of toys or electronics.I always sent gift cards to my children and my sister and husband but this is the first time I'm going to give them to my grandchildren. It seems cold but I can't run all over town looking for things that I don't know anymore what they want,and since my DD doesn't want to run a round either that's the only solution.

SANDRA-The ants disappeared as fast as they came.TG I don't like see ants around especially on the kitchen table.

NANCY-Glad that you are feeling better again,Several people that I know are having some kind of respiratory infections,and knowing that I will be around them I constantly using my Zicam as I don't want to catch this nasty stuff. Oh I find that going out with friends can make the short days bright and cheery.Not going to put my Christmas decoration up until next week. The housework has to be done before doing that,as I wasn't home all last week with all the things I did posted above.

VICKIE-I'm a Trader Joe's lover also,But I not going back until after the holidays as I have enough food from them until then.

Have a great day

sloanie
12-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Finished the wedding cake! Niece's wedding is tonight! Time to party!!!

Tejas
12-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Have fun at the wedding, Sloan..

I'm having a great time with my friend who just rearranged my living room.It looks great. We were going out tonight, but she's too tired :)

Vickie, a physician friend of mine said that if you want cold cereal Cheerios are the healthiest ones.

Here, the lights are up outside, but not much done inside yet...that's to come...

ontarget
12-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Sloan, have fun. Have some cake for me. (Wine, too)

Vickie, I eat Cheerios quite a bit. I love to read about you and Jim. Ya'll have so much fun celebrating holidays. And I am tickled at your staring at brussel sprouts. (I didn't know about them either.)

Maryann, we give gift cards, too. The past 2 years we have given them to our grands then taken them shopping to spend them. The girls like an all day shopping trip. But they live close by. Our other grands, we just mail them their gift cards.

We went to the tournament today. I shot well. We had fun and saw a lot of archery friends. After we got home, I went shopping them visited a gf who had lost her mother this week. Now we're settled in for what we call "SyFy Saturday."

sloanie
12-09-2012, 02:50 PM
The wedding was beautiful and great fun! The cake looked awesome, and things were so hectic, that I didn't even make a picture of it! I know the photographer has some photos, so I will post some photos when I get them. Hope you all are having a great day; I am exhausted!

ontarget
12-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Sloan, did you have some cake for me?

Here is how addicted I am to food: Today at church there were chocolate-covered donuts in the kitchen left from the youth class. Those donuts were all I could think about during the sermon. I even considered getting up and going out to eat one. Don't know how I dodged that bullet, but I did. That said--I have not been OP today. But I have not had any donuts.

sloanie
12-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Sandra, I did have some cake for you and some wine, too! Congrats to being OP today!

Tejas
12-09-2012, 10:06 PM
I love sugar too, Sandra...

Hang in there...

Vickie
12-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Sugar.....is there sugar?

Good Morning Chicks!

Sloan, I can't wait to see the pictures.

Sandra, I get it. The more I try NOT to be obsessed with food, the more I am. Trying to eat unprocessed and eat to live not live to eat. Hard to do at this time of year.

I had roast chicken, mashed potatoes, fresh broccoli, and homemade applesauce for dinner yesterday. Tomorrow we are having a healthy chicken enchilada casserole I made with some veggies and applesauce. Today we are going out with friends for lunch so I'll try to skip dinner, eat as light as possible at lunch, and I have a hard boiled egg for a snack later if I'm hungry. Probably not good for my cholesterol but it does stay with me very nicely.

What's everyone else having for dinner today?

ontarget
12-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Way to go, Vickie! Your food sounds amazing. :listen: (I had pizza for lunch.)

Just got my nails done. Tomorrow I'm going shopping after WW. And that pizza saved me from injuring, or even breaking!, my arm today. I fell flat on the sidewalk. I was holding a pizza box and held it out straight in front of me when I fell, so I wouldn't toss the pizza upside down. That kept me from trying to brace my fall using my right hand/arm. I honestly think I would have injured or even broken a bone if I had tried to stop my fall. As it is, I only got a skinned knee.

I just lay there on the sidewalk a few seconds seeing if I was hurt. Was I relieved! You never know when you might break something. And you know what I was thinking. I was afraid my archery was over.

Thank goodness for pizza. My hero.:jeno:

nancy237
12-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Did everyone think I got lost.. I didn't have internet for a week while I was
renegotiating with our cable company ..Now I am saving $60/month..woohooo..
Shopped today, and tomorrow I plan to decorate...I never decorate until about 2 weeks before Christmas...

Nothing exciting going on here..just popped in to say hi..

Sandra...that is exactly why I need to eat more pizza !!! Glad you didn't break anything..
I laughed at your church story..sounds like something I would do..

Sloan..glad the wedding went great !!

Maryann.. :wave: Gift cards sound smart to me !!

Vickie..I am a Traders Joe fan too, but I don't go often..It's not very close to me ..Your meals sound great..

Rhonda....Rearranging the living room is so much fun..

Tejas
12-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Well, there you are Nancy...I did notice that you weren't too active on-line.

Sandra, I'm so glad that you weren't seriously hurt....ouch, sorry you fell..

Vickie, yes, there is sugar...but do NOT eat it!! :)

My friend made a mix of buffalo, beef, sweet potatoes, onions, and carrots...served over black rice, and it was really good. My niece and her husband joined us. Other than that I had two protein shakes today. I've been very good with food and have not lost an ounce. But, today i was able to be on the elliptical and bike for a brief time without hurting my foot. I feel that I'm turning a corner with this finally...5 months after surgery!

beach bum
12-11-2012, 11:49 AM

Sorry I wasn't around on the thread,but the last couple of days I was busy doing church things and trying to shop for my grand children.

We had some wild weather yesterday down pours all day long,but I did get to Walmart and meet some confused grandma's trying to figure out what there grandchildren wanted and looking disparately to finding them items. My kids want Hexbug Spiders I don't have a clue. My DD e-mailed me what they look like. Yikes are they ugly, I giving them money instead to buy the bugs them selves I bought them barbie dolls for the two and the others are getting Lego planes and I putting the money in a barbie doll box and a lego plane box.

SANDRA-My DD didn't want gift cards for the children but for the grown up I bought them I will put them in some small item for them to have something to open under the tree.

NANCY- DD didn't agree with Gift Card to the DGC so maybe next year when they are older.

Have to go and start my dinner

Have a great day

ontarget
12-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Curtis is wrapping gifts to mail. He's really jolly. Do you think it could have something to do with pain pills? :lol: :santa: Whatever the cause, he has the spirit.

Rhonda, your meal sounds good. I'm glad you're getting back into exercising. That's really important to you. I know you've been missing it.

Maryann, we give the grands here gift cards then I take them shopping so they can spend them. We have lunch out and make a day of it. Fun!

Nancy, we have decided not to put up a tree this year. We're not depressed or anything, we just don't think we'll do it. Who knows, though? We've been known to change our minds.

I didn't go to WW this morning. I have decided to go back on old CORE. Stocked up on CORE foods today so I'm ready to go.

nancy237
12-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Sandra..I like that idea about the cards & then going shopping with them !!

Vickie
12-12-2012, 06:10 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I couldn't sleep. Laid in bed from 4 until about 4:45 and then just gave up and got up. I'm not sure what's wrong with me, but I know I need a new pillow for sure. It's on it's way, but in the meantime, I'm a bit uncomfortable.

We had chicken enchilada casserole leftover. It was delicious but not Core. It was WW friendly though.

Maybe it was too spicy for sleeping!

ontarget
12-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Vickie, do you have a mattress pad heater? Ours usually puts me right to sleep when I'm having trouble. Feels toasty. A new pillow sounds heavenly. We should get some, too.

I'm up ready to go to school. Curtis is up, too. Looks like it's going to be a gorgeous day even though temps are a little low. Ya'll have a wonderful, OP!, day.

nancy237
12-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Sandra..
I think I will try a mattress pad heater..
Anything to help me sleep..I am back to being wide awake til 3 or 4 most nights..(or mornings)

ontarget
12-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Nancy, I hope you can find something that works for you.

I am home early and am tired. All classes were to work assignments on computers today--the computers wouldn't work. Makes for a long day. I was really really wanting chocolate when I got home.

Vickie
12-13-2012, 10:15 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I actually feel rested. I didn't let myself nap yesterday so I slept well.

Ran all over like a cuckoo yesterday and got another cortisone shot in the side of my left foot/heel which I hope will finally calm down the plantar faciitis and heel spurs so I can start exercising again. It's been almost 2 years since it flared up. She told me I can start walking on Tuesday if it feels ok.

Eating is ok and my mind is in a willing place so that's good.

Sandra, I like to be cold when I'm sleeping....still coming out of that menopausal thing. I need to stop watching TV and playing on my iPad until 2 minutes before I got to bed. And, I think I'll start having my hot vanilla milk every night again. That should help. Hope you got some sleep.

Nancy, we should have a party! Except I'm cranky when I can't sleep.

Hey Rhonda, how's it going for you?

Mary Ann, I do the same thing when I'm forced to buy gift cards. I feel like no thought goes into them at all. I have a rule. If you want a gift card you have to come up with some little ideas for a package to wrap with the gift card. I have a Nephew who always wants a GC. He loves Fannie May dark chocolate cherries. So that's what I buy him to wrap the gift card on!

Funny, I like to get Gift Cards but don't like to give them. Hmmmmm....

Have a great day Chicks. I must finish conquering my gift wrap prep.

ontarget
12-13-2012, 11:32 AM
Vickie, I hope the shot gives you relief. I went through what you're going through and know how painful it is. I felt like I was walking on chunks of broken glass. I got the shot and haven't had any more problems. I hope yours works as well.

I hope everyone slept well last night. I took a Tylenol PM and didn't get up till 10 this morning. I am very very rested. Potatoes are baking, avocadoes are waiting to be cut and sliced, bell pepper/onions are doing the same. We're having chicken fajitas for lunch and will have potatoes instead of tortillas. We may also have some refried beans--not sure on that one yet.

Got to go. The kitchen is calling.

nancy237
12-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Sandra..I have been craving fajitas...
Do you just sorta make a salad if you don't use a tortilla ??
I was wondering about looking for gluten free/low carb tortillas at Trader Joes..

nancy237
12-13-2012, 11:54 AM
One boy is on the way home, other I will see Sat in Boone & then he graduates
on Sunday. The family will be together for the weekend at the graduation and most of our family Christmas stuff will be Monday & Tuesday . Then when the boys leave for Africa I plan to go to Ga to see my brother's family.. I may tackle the attic for a few days between, since all my Christmas prep will be over..

ontarget
12-13-2012, 04:06 PM
Nancy, I just grill the chicken/veggies and put it on the plate with other sides. We don't really think of it as fajitas--just chicken/veggies. A salad would work fine. In fact, I've had fajita salads (minus taco shell) at local Mexican restaurants.

Enjoy your family. Congratulations on your son for graduating. I'm glad you're going to your brother's for Christmas.

Vickie
12-14-2012, 09:48 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Got my christmas package boxing done yesterday and realized I still have more shopping to do. So today I'm going to organize myself and figure out what I need to bake and what presents I have yet to buy.

I ate well yesterday and hope to have another good day today, though I am going out with friends for dinner. I can be good at this place though so I expect to make good choices.

My foot is feeling a bit of relief and I hope to begin walking on Tuesday. Never thought I'd be happy to do that.

Nancy, you sound busy.

Sandra, you're dish sounds good. I'm always WAY more successful when I'm cooking myself.

Tejas
12-14-2012, 03:41 PM
Running around like crazy! :wave:

Lost a pound.

ontarget
12-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Home from subbing and going out to dinner. Had New York strip tonight. it was good!

Vickie, I am finished shopping except for the grands. I was going to take them shopping with their gift cards tomorrow but looks like they are already busy. We'll do it another day.

Rhonda, congrats on losing that pound. You're on your way. :woohoo:

Tejas
12-15-2012, 09:32 AM
New pages put up..