100 lb. Club - What's your exercise of choice?

View Full Version : What's your exercise of choice?

Daners
04-28-2003, 12:01 AM
Just curious...

I have been walking, doing a bit of running, and using teh ab dolly2 and thighmaster. Today I added a stability ball to the mix. The new issue of Shape Magazine had a workout for toning that I thought looked like I would enjoy. I tried it, I liked it.

missaprylj
04-28-2003, 12:23 AM
I love Tae-Bo and walking. Simple, but... they make me happy.

Mark&Ivy'smom
04-28-2003, 01:40 AM
Right now I love walking, we have a couple trailes around here that are rally cool, lots of ponds with ducks and geese, foxes, rabbits, the annoying prairie dogs, and occasionally some coyotes will come out uring the day. We also have a trail that goes right by a Blad Eagle Habitat, It is so awesome to see them when they are flying around. But this week I am starting some classes at the rec center. I'm really looking forward to the Zumba fitness one on Saturday mornings.

gonzostar
04-28-2003, 01:49 AM
mine is swimming!

i'm on a masters swim team and i try to go to practices at least 3 times a week. they are an hour long and fun and pretty hard.

i also rotate in some weights, and strength workout videos.

DeeVine
04-28-2003, 02:06 AM
I usually walk about 3 miles a day. When I don't do that I do the stair stepper for about 30 mins and lift weights. Everyonce in a while I do a workout video.

Sheila53
04-28-2003, 02:54 AM
Low impact aerobics 3-5 times per week, 1/2 hour of stretching daily, walking twice a week, and I'm going to start adding weights two days a week.

KittyMilk
04-28-2003, 03:29 AM
I walk most every day, at the moment I'm doing a Boston to NY challenge and so far in April I have done 80km! I'm really starting to notice my legs have toned up, I just love walking, it's so easy.

elizabecca
04-28-2003, 07:35 AM
I love, love, LOVE the elliptical and EFX machines at the gym! I also like their big treadmills a lot because of the incline feature...I can make it more challenging than an outdoor or track walk. For my birthday this year, DH got me a Body by Jake Total Body Trainer...like that, too. I also have the old thighmaster. I lift weights once in awhile at the gym, but I'm still a little self-conscious going in there amongst all the no-necks!

I would LIKE to do more aerobics classes and take up the dreaded StairMaster...we'll see!

Christy

Jennelle
04-28-2003, 09:26 AM
I also am a big fan of the elliptical trainer! Right now, I lift weights 3x a week. I'm starting to see some results after only three weeks. Usually, I will go to the gym and warm up on the elliptical trainer or bike for 20 minutes, then lift. On the days I don't go to the gym, I go outside and walk. (I ran on Saturday for the first time in a long time...wore my (_|_) out!!!)

slimmingsi
04-28-2003, 09:33 AM
Skipping!!! 10mins of skipping is the equiverlant of 30mins running. its cheap to buy a rope. and you can do it in your garage if its raining. when you see pro boxers training they skip as well as run. i've had amazing results through skipping.

Mark&Ivy'smom
04-28-2003, 10:24 AM
OOOOOOOOOH, I like Si's idea, I think I'm going to go out and buy me a rope. I have a weight machne at home that's just collecting dust I guess I should I should start working on that also huh?

SuchAPrettyFace
04-28-2003, 10:58 AM
I enjoy swimming, walking, lifting, etc. I should do more lifting. I used to love skipping rope as a kid. Now I can barely keep up.

matt_H
04-28-2003, 11:07 AM
I've been walking to work (and back home) most days [its about 45 minutes each way]. I have some dumbells, but I honestly haven't been using them that much. Walking is so simple and easy and with the weather turning nice, it works for me!

Jo
04-28-2003, 12:32 PM
I usually do low-impact aerobic videos (about 30 minutes) in the morning, and then 30 minutes either stretching or toning (using dumbbells) in the evening. I try to do this for six days a week. This week I'm adding a 15 - 20 minute walk over my lunch hour because I'd really like to see a nice loss again (it seems like I haven't had a really good loss in so long :( ).

AngiKL
04-28-2003, 06:32 PM
Yoga, which I'm starting again

TOMORROW.
(I'm all better from my sports injury, by the way.)

simcoe
04-28-2003, 07:33 PM
Mine is low/mid impact aerobics twice a week. This also has a weight and stretching component. Other days I do a minimum of 20 on the exercise bike and making sure that my heart rate gets into the "high" zone. I have tubes which I enjoy and an exerball with a video that I do on Saturdays. Either way, I make sure that I do something everyday and variety is one of the keys for me.:strong:

boiaby
04-28-2003, 09:29 PM
Walking, at least 30 min. every day, if I can, while listening to books on tape to keep from being bored. Light weight lifting, crunches, thighmaster, and Pilates for dummies. I try to do everything but the Pilates every day if time allows, and then shoot for Pilates twice a week. It's pretty managable and it works for me so hopefully I'll continue to do it long after I've finished dropping the weight.

Beverly

rochemist
04-28-2003, 10:14 PM
I love to lift weights. It's so focused and you know if you have done really well. I miss get my Pilates workouts in and when I take some time off from lifting I am going to get some Pilates and low impact aerobic in.

Miss Chris

suzie76
04-28-2003, 10:52 PM
Hi,

I've been doing Leslie Sansone tapes five to six days a week. They're perfect for uncoordinated klutzes like me. I especially like her tape "Walk Strong" which mixes intervals of aerobics with strength training.

I hope to start a separate strength training program soon..I bought a Pilates for dummies video, but feel like I may hurt myself trying it. Along with being uncoordinated, I am also not flexible and have lower back problems.

Sherry

bella23
04-28-2003, 11:02 PM
I do the curves workout and then I also walk away the pounds.

Bella23

irishgreengables
04-29-2003, 12:49 AM
I LOVE my bicycle and cannot wait to get on it most days. I also walk a lot and have a bellydancing tape for rainy/snowy days. I do aerobic exercise 6-7 days per week. I do crunches daily; arms every other day; legs every other day. I do one pilates move per day and 15-50 minutes of yoga daily.

Raelynn
04-29-2003, 01:32 AM
I love rollerblading (I have a jogging stroller, so it makes it super easy to get out with my daughter in tow), my elliptical trainer, tae bo, weight lifting, and my exercise ball. :)

kfs151
04-29-2003, 10:20 AM
Ok, here's a moderately indelicate question :o

I've considered yoga (and pilates) but was afraid I was too round to get into some of those poses and have been too chicken to go embarass myself totally.

So, how does it work when you're more a "real" shape than you'd like?

Goddess Jessica
04-29-2003, 01:37 PM
Sex is my exercise of choice. :)

Dance dance dance. I love to dance. I also love yoga and the elipitical and playing with the dogs. I need to start swimming again.

kfs-Yep, you'll be too round to get into some positions. But don't be embarrassed, it's not like you won't be able to do it at all. As your tummy shrinks, you'll notice it a lot more. What I LOVED about yoga (and dancing) is totally body awareness. It's a great gift. If you're afraid to begin in a class, try a video.

AmyJ
04-29-2003, 03:49 PM
I'm very jealous, Goddess Jessica! Would definitely prefer that to be the main aspect of the exercise plan. But for now I'm mostly walking with Tae Bo thrown in for the occasional rage management...

AngiKL
04-30-2003, 06:29 PM
Kim,
My Yoga DVD has a "fully modified" option. There are some poses in which I can tell, my belly is totally in the way. During a pose in which you're sort of curled up and sitting on your letgs, the lady on the dVD says something like, "let your hips sink into the earth" and I'm thinking, "Well, since my belly is so large, my hips aren't anywhere near the earth." But, I keep doing it.
Angi

Sandi
04-30-2003, 07:00 PM
Curves

Treadmill/Walking

Sex (Need to work on getting this in more!!!)

Si - Have thought of skipping before - I wonder how bad that would be for bad knees and a bad foot???

muelledk
05-01-2003, 02:32 AM
What is this strange thing "exercise"? :) It is certainly a new word for me lately!!!!

Actually, I like to walk, ride my bike, and I am just counting the days till the pool opens again!!! And since my little one lost my keys this morning, I had quite a job (with Drew in tow) the mile to my kindergarteners school to get him picked up in time.

Sandi, I love to skip, but my knees just can't handle it. I've had them both completely reconstructed twice and they just can't take the pounding. So running is out too.

meembo
05-04-2003, 01:10 AM
I walk 2 miles 3 days a week and do conditioning exercises 2 days a week, but.......
This is something that is working really well for me and I wanted to share it with you.

You might want to take it easy at first, and then do
it faster as you become more proficient.

WARNING!
THIS EXERCISE MAY BE TOO STRENUOUS
FOR SOME PEOPLE.
REMEMBER, ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE PROGRAM.

Ready?

Now Scroll down. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

Now Scroll up. . .

hehehehe, did you feel the burn?!

PNG 2
05-04-2003, 03:38 AM
I'm using mostly my recumbent bike, and if it warms up any time soon, I have a kickin' walking route that involves HUGE hills... and also 1 day of upper body toning and one day of lower body training, but, I usually squeak in more toning during my regular workouts... using my weights while I'm on the bike, so on