Fitness Videos - December Turbo Fire & More Check-In

Diana3271
11-30-2012, 09:48 PM
We do all types of workouts in this check-in. We are not limited to Turbo Fire. Please join in, if you are looking for a place to log your workouts and to be accountable with your fitness goals.

Let's make this a great month! :cheer2:

TurboLaura
12-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Holy crap, it's December!! One of my favorite months and its snowing here this morning and looks so pretty :)

Diana, thanks for taking care of this!
Teacher - glad that you are able to move a little and feel ok!!!!!! Progress :bravo:

Today: Fire 30, Upper 20 and abs 10. Feeling strong :)

TurboLaura
12-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Update - this combo of workouts was fab and I burned an incredible 675 calories! Holy crap! :cheer2:

teacher1
12-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Diana- thanks for getting us started. I can't believe it's Dec.

Laura- Wow, that's an impressive workout! Snow- you're so lucky.

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
12-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

No workout to report. I went to my Mom's house to go through some more things while DH did some work there. I noticed there was a problem with the last water bill at my Mom's house. Right before my Dad passed, they came through with city water. Before that they had a well/pump. They got the city water, but since then they kept developing water leaks. Mama would have a neighbor do the repairs. We went there last weekend to see if we could find the leak in the yard. Sure enough, with the help of the neighbor, we found the soft spot. A friend of ours has a commercial plumbing business. He sent a worker out today with a truck loaded with supplies and a backhoe. DH and the worker laid new water lines outside for the whole house. In the process they noticed a dead tree and took that down with the backhoe. :D They started work at 8 AM and we left at 7 PM. So, no official workout for me. They will go back in a couple of weeks to check for leaks. I noticed there is a small leak at the bathroom sink (not related to the outside work), so they will fix that and I want the fluidmaster replaced in the toilet. The outside lines were very old and the city water has more pressure than the well/pump. Hopefully all of that will be resolved with the new lines.

Laura Great job killing those calories today!

Teacher Good job being consistent. I hope the hip continues to improve.

teacher1
12-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Diana- wow, that's a lot of work. Leaking water is no fun!!! We've have a drainage problem outside ever since we've moved to this new house. We're going to have the backyard redone again to try to fix it next Spring. So I feel your pain. What are you doing with your mom's house?

today- elip 30 min

TurboLaura
12-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Hey ladies,

Diana - that sounds like it was a lot of work! It's so nice that your mom has such caring and skilled friends and neighbors. It must still be difficult to go to her home and have her not be there. :hug:

Teacher - I'm glad that you're able to workout! Did your hip feel ok?

Haven't worked out yet but will most likely do Fire 45 EZ. Must say my triceps are sore from yesterday :)

Diana3271
12-02-2012, 08:31 PM

Check-In:
Les Mills Pump and Burn
TF Fire 55 EZ w/weighted gloves

Teacher Good job on the elliptical. Hopefully, when I get everything done, I will put it on the market and sell it. She never liked the house and wouldn't want me to live there. It's right on a main highway. Not good for pets, etc. She also has a piece of property at the lake. It has a mobile home on it that's in really bad shape. We are hoping to build a house and retire there one day.

Laura I haven't told anyone this and maybe you or Teacher could ease my mind with something. I am really bothered by getting rid of my Mom's stuff. It feels disrespectful to be getting rid of it (donating it). It feels like I should be keeping it. But I literally don't have room. I could rent a storage unit, but my Mom would not want that. She would say to get rid of it. I am keeping a few items of clothing. The clothes that I am keeping are too big, but they are really nice pieces and would be in style for years (just in case I ever gain weight ;)) Of course I haven't gotten to the rest of her stuff yet. No sense in keeping shoes that don't fit and someone else could use. It just feels weird. Any thoughts that might help me with this? The bottom line is that my Mom would not want me to rent a storage unit just to keep stuff that I can't use. It makes no sense, but I am still weird about it.

teacher1
12-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Laura- my hip is really feeling better... not gone but better :)

Diana- I know what you mean about not wanting to get rid of your mom's stuff. I think it's good you're taking your time and not rushing into getting rid of everything. When you're read,y you'll probably donate most of the stuff. I would call a retirement home in a needy area and seeing if they could use the clothes, books, or maybe someone at church might know some families in need. Goodwill is always a great choice. I think once you're ready you'll feel good knowing someone who really needs the items will be using them. Just think of it as you're mom reaching out helping people. I would maybe do a room at a time so it's easier emotionally. :hug:

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
12-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Hi Everyone! ;wave:

Check-In: Melt It off w/Mitch Cardio Mix & Melt w/#6 weighted ball

Teacher Keep up the great work. I am donating things as I go along. I have given to My Sister's House, The Salvation Army, and Goodwill. I am doing things in stages, for example I did the shoes first. I am doing stages because she has a lot of stuff. Next I did the books and then the clothes. It just feels weird getting rid of her stuff. I know she would want it and would like that other people are being helped.

TurboLaura
12-03-2012, 11:10 PM
Hello all...Fire 45EZ tonight.

Diana, I think that with time, you'll feel ok about donating her things. It's important to do it when you're ready and only when you're ready. Keep what you feel is important to you to remember your dear mom. I can see why it would feel disrespectful..I bet in some way it feels like she'll still need them. I really think that you're doing it in a great way. Slowly. It may still feel weird but you're able to control what, when and where it goes and I bet that's really important. :hug:

Teacher - glad you're feeling a little better!
Take care ladies!

teacher1
12-04-2012, 05:52 PM
hi ladies-

today- walk with the dogs... enjoying the beautiful weather

Diana3271
12-04-2012, 10:36 PM

Check-In:
Les Mills Pump & Shred w/15's
Les Mills Sports Combat

Pump and Shred is the next step in the Pump rotation. It was a huge challenge to do Pump & Shred w/15's. I skipped a couple reps in Jericho's track. I will try it again. I might have to drop to 12's on this track. I did the cardio workout after the weight workout. I could feel the fatigue in my legs during the cardio from the previous weight work.

I just got home and it's late. Thank you for all the support and words of advice you have given me. Keep up the great workouts!

Diana3271
12-05-2012, 05:18 PM

Check-In:
Les Mills Hard Core Abs
Amy Dixon's Breathless Body

My legs still feel fatigued from Pump & Shred last night. They're not sore, just fatigued.

teacher1
12-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Diana- you're really killing it on the workouts!!!

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
12-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Teacher Thank you. You are being consistent even though you are facing a major challenge with your hip. How are you feeling?

TurboLaura
12-05-2012, 10:35 PM
hey ladies!

Great workouts...none for me today as I had a great night out with 3 friends :) Nice time catching up and stayed 100% on plan with food. Day 3 of being vegan and it's effortless!

Take care ladies :)

teacher1
12-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Diana- the hip is much better after the shot. I'm going to try some y classes next week and see how it goes. If it starts to hurt again then I'll head to physical therapy.

Laura- congrats on starting your vegan eating.

today- elip 30 min

TurboLaura
12-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Thanks, Teacher. I figured a monday was a good day to start. Glad you're feeling better!

Fire 30 and abs 10 tonight.

Diana3271
12-06-2012, 09:42 PM

Check-In:
Les Mills Pum & Burn w/15's
KCM's 30 MTF Circuit Burn - Cardio/Boxing Premix w/weighted gloves

Laura I'm glad to hear the transition has been a easy one. Keep up the great work.

Teacher I can't remember, but did you do PT already? Someone in one of my check-ins did PT, but I didn't know if it was you.

teacher1
12-07-2012, 07:52 PM
Diana- i haven't done PT yet but it's the next step if the hip acts up again.

today-rest
I found out that my friend passed away last night from a blood clot. She had cerebral palsy and was in a wheelchair. I'm just sick over the news.

Diana3271
12-07-2012, 11:35 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :dance:

We just got home. I knew I had a busy day ahead of me, so I had to get up an hour earlier than normal. I woke up 1 1/2 hours early. All of that has made for a very long day.

Check-In: Guillermo Gomez's Kickboxing Cardio Burn w/weighted gloves

Teacher I am so sorry to hear about your loss. :hug: How long were you friends? How is her family holding up? I'm assuming she was pretty young.

teacher1
12-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Diana- thanks... she was 29 I believe and I've know her since I was in college and she was still in high school. My sorority did volunteer work with a support group for visually impaired students. I think everyone is just still in shock. I'm taking her best friend to the support group Christmas party tonight. I'm not sure how all the kids and young adults are going to hold up with the news. There is a service Monday night at her university and her funeral is Wed. morning. I can't even get on facebook because all the postings make me cry. I'm just thankful she passed in her sleep.

today- rest... I just feel drained.

Diana3271
12-08-2012, 09:41 PM

Combat is here!

Check-In: Les Mills Combat Power Kata (45)

Laura Did you get your Combat workouts? Mine arrived today. It is totally different than TF. I did work up a sweat though. It seems like there is a lot of instruction even in the 45 minute workout. I guess that's good since I didn't watch the instructional DVD. I think everything will be good as long as you don't compare them to TF. When I popped in the first TF workout it was love at first sight. I didn't get that fuzzy love feeling from the first Combat workout. The Combat workouts are more "powerful" than TF. TF is more dancy. I think I am going to like them, but again, I will need to keep in mind that they are not TF.

Teacher I know it must be so hard on all of her friends and family. It's obvious she was very loved. Sending :hug: and good thoughts your way. Stay strong. She obviously had a lot to deal with her health issues and was a very strong person. She would want you to be strong, too, and celebrate her life. I say this to you, but sometimes I struggle myself, with my Moms passing. I need to practice with I preach. My Mom would want me to be strong and celebrate her life, too. See, sometimes just talking things out helps. (thank you :hug:)

TurboLaura
12-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Teacher - SO sorry to hear of the loss of your dear friend. It's so hard to lose ones that we care about but at the untimely age of 29 it makes it much harder. You and your friends must be so distraught. :hug:

Diana - No I didn't get it yet but I believe it's scheduled to arrive on thus Thurs. I was talking to my husband last night about programs and have come to the conclusion that nothing will ever be as good as Turbo Fire for me! It truly is my "soul mate workout!" I'm thinking of buying a few Chalene Extreme discs and seeing how the cardio is from that workout. I wish that she would make another advanced set!

Some sore of longer Turbo Fire for me tonight. Week 1 of Vegan diet complete! Loving it and my husband is on board even though he said "you're going to order pizza without cheese and you want a chocolate vegan cake for your birthday?! COME ON!"

TurboLaura
12-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Update! Did Turbo Jam kickin Core. Very good 45 minute cardio/strength training with 15 minutes of balance ball at the end. Def not as hard a TF but still a GREAT and fun workout!

teacher1
12-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Laura- you've been killing the workouts!!!! So was yesterday your bday??? I remember it's in the beginning half of Dec.

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
12-09-2012, 10:05 PM

Check-In: Les Mills Combat Kick Start (30) w/weighted gloves

I liked today's workout better than yesterday's. Maybe it was because I didn't know what to expect from the Combat workouts. Maybe I was hoping for something more like TF. Today I had DOMS from the Combat workout yesterday. I really enjoyed today's workout and worked up a good sweat.

Teacher Keeping you in my thoughts for the service tomorrow. :hug:

Laura I also remember you mentioning your birthday. When was it? Did you have the pizza and vegan chocolate cake? Happy Birthday. :bday2you:

teacher1
12-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Diana- are you still sore today? I decided not to attend the university service since no one I knew was going. I have the viewing tomorrow night and the service Wed. So I'm ready for Thurs.

today- Elip 30 min

TurboLaura
12-10-2012, 07:13 PM
HEY ladies! Thanks, Diana! Yes, today is my 35th birthday! :cheer: I actually decided that 1 time per year I will eat real pizza with cheese and have a cake with eggs and that's for my bday! It was fab :) Back to vegan tomorrow!
t
I'm so DARN sore from that core cardio workout! WOW! Diana - can't wait to try Les Mills!

Teacher - thanks for remembering my bday, too! Thinking of you during this tough time :(

teacher1
12-10-2012, 07:52 PM
:celebrate: :bday2: Happy birthday Laura!!!!!! :woo: Glad you enjoyed your pizza & cake. :carrot:

Diana3271
12-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Les Mills Combat 60 Extreme Cardio Fighter w/weighted gloves

This one seemed to start off a little slow but built up quite nicely. I think these workouts can be very effective, but they don't have the fun factor that TF has. Another thing is that this workout is suppose to be 60 minutes, but it's only 53 minutes. There's a considerable difference in 53 minutes and 60 minutes. I ended up working up a good sweat, though.

Teacher I am still sore in my shoulder blade/back area. I have used weighted gloves every day. Since the workouts don't more as fast, I am trying to put power into my punches. I think I am feeling that power. ;) Still thinking about you during this time.

Laura Another :bday2you: wish for you! I'm glad you enjoyed the pizza and cake. Where did you get the cake? I think you can get vegan cakes here. I think I have seen them at Whole Foods. I'm not sure on the price. It seems like anything healthy is more expensive.

teacher1
12-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Hi ladies!

today- ymca cycling- 1 hour

Diana3271
12-11-2012, 09:48 PM

Check-In: Combat 60 Live w/weighted gloves

Laura It appears that Combat 30 and Live 30 are the same workouts and Combat 60 and Live 60 are the same workouts. The difference is that the Live workouts are in front of a live audience. If this is true, I'm not happy that BB did that. Have your workouts arrived yet?

Teacher Good job! How is your hip doing?

TurboLaura
12-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Hey ladies!

Fire 30 for me today.

Diana, that's totally not cool if they did that. Still not here yet!

Thank you for the warm bday wishes :)

Take care all!

Diana3271
12-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Hi Everyone

Check-In:
Les Mills Combat Power Hiit 1 w/15's
Les Mills Combat Shock Plyo Hiit 2 w/15's

Not feeling the love with these two workouts. I have one more Combat workout to do, then I will have gotten through all of them.

Laura When are you Combat workouts supposed to be delivered?

TurboLaura
12-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Hey ladies! :wave:

Diana - so sorry you aren't liking the workouts as much as you thought...you can send them back for a refund...I'm getting worried because we seem to have the same taste in workouts. Should come tomorrow.

Taught my kids class today for cardio then will do upper 20 tonight. I LOVE upper 20 2-3 times a week :)

Diana3271
12-13-2012, 04:29 PM

Check-In:
Les Mills Combat Live 30 w/weighted gloves
Cathe Friedrich MMA Boxing w/weighted gloves

I have officially done all of the Combat workouts in the basic set. I'm disappointed in the set but will keep it. This is the way I see it: the two 30 minute and 60 minute workouts are repeats, so instead of having four workouts with those, it's actually only 2. I don't like the Hiit workouts. So, I paid $60 for 3 workouts. That's $20 a piece and about an average cost for workouts today.

Laura Post your thoughts on Combat when you get it.

Teacher Thinking about you today. :hug:

teacher1
12-13-2012, 05:04 PM
Diana- thanks... the hip hurts when I get up in the morning. However, the shot did help a lot. Funeral was so hard but a great tribute to her life.

Laura- how often do you teach your kid class? I have a personal question for you- Do people ask when your going to have kids? Just wondering because if I remember right you don't have kids yet. I get this all the time even yesterday at the funeral. It's not a scary question because we want kids just not yet. It's just that people then tend to comment of how I'm getting older and not to wait. Some people lack a filter. I might have already talked with you about this. It comes up with me every few months when I see friends I rarely see. I just found a funeral the wrong place to talk about my biological clock. Although, it's already on my mind with my birthday next week. Sorry about the rant... just needing to vent.

today- elip 30 min

TurboLaura
12-13-2012, 06:18 PM
Hey ladies.

Diana...not too happy about what I'm hearing about Combat. Why in the world would they sell 2 of the same workouts in 1 set?! I'm a coach and still hasn't come yet! UGH

Teacher - I know what you mean...people can really lack a filter. I'm 35 now and I'm really not asked it too much anymore. Co workers used to ask me frequently right after we got married. It's a personal choice and I don't think we're going to have kids - but imagine if I was someone who really wanted them but couldn't physically and people kept asking?! You're plenty young for kids and it's NONE of their business! My sister in law was 39 with their one child.

Side note - Since I lost weight people are ALWAYS asking what I'm eating. Gets annoying...

I teach the class 1 time per week and it's ending next Wed. :(

3 mile run and abs 10 tonight!

teacher1
12-14-2012, 05:39 PM
Laura- thanks... I could see people wanting lots of info with a big weight loss. Will you start up another kid class after winter break?

today- rest... subbed all day... field trip to the mall and it was lots of fun & lots of walking :)

TurboLaura
12-14-2012, 06:46 PM
Hey ladies!

Teacher - glad you had a good day subbing!

Rest day for me! Heading out with my husbands side of the family for my bday tonight :)

Trying a les mills combat workout tomorrow.

Diana3271
12-14-2012, 11:30 PM

Check-In:
Les Mills Sports Attack
Mitch Gaylord's Cardio Mix & Melt w/#6 weighted ball - 30 minute premix

I wish BB and the Les Mills group would put out another Sports Attack workout. That's a good one!

Teacher I'm glad you had a good day with teaching and the field trip. Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself. Sorry you had to go through that with the questions at the funeral. DH and I don't have children. It was a personal choice. It's between you and your DH about when you want them. We also got asked a lot about that. I will share this story. It's funny, but maddening at the same time. Neither DH nor I ever wanted children. EVER! We were married 5 years and we decided it was time for one of us to get things taken care of permanently since we didn't want children. I talked to my Dr. He would not hear of it. He said that I was too young and didn't know what I wanted in life. I may not know what I want in life, but I knew that I didn't want a child. So, we sought out a urologist for DH. He talked with us for 10 minutes and agreed that it was the right thing to do. So to back up a little, my MIL never liked me. When she was in our lives, all she did was cause drama for us. We eventually had to stop having contact with her. A few years ago I was really thinking about my MIL and curious if anything had changed with her thought process. Out of the blue she called! That was scary! Anyways, I tried talking with her, thinking maybe we could get somewhere. She went into a fit about how I made her son get a V and I was a greedy little girl, blah, blah, blah! It was insane. Nope, she hasn't changed. I'm still curious about which one of our friends talked to her behind our back and told her that he had a V in the first place. :mad:

Laura Enjoy the party tonight. Post your thoughts on your first Combat workout ASAP! :lol:

TurboLaura
12-15-2012, 02:47 PM
Hi Diana!

That's too bad that you MIL wasn't kind to you. Again - it's only the couples' business if they want kids! People do have a way of butting in, like they're entitled to a comment. It's such a personal choice, yes, and I do question sometimes if I've made the right one, but I'm not willing to stop working and my husband won't be a part time stay at home dad. We don't have anyone to depend on to care for a baby in our family, either, during work hours. Funny enough :lol: I had a dream that I was pregnant last night! YIKES! HAHA ... my dogs truly are my babies.

On a different note, I did Les Mills Combat and I liked it! It's NO Turbo Fire, but nothing can compare to TF! I did the instructional one and the 30 minute kick start. Was a good workout and I'll give it another try tomorrow!

Teacher - is your bday the 18th?

Diana3271
12-15-2012, 09:44 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 45 EZ w/weighted gloves

Laura I was thinking about doing a Pump/Combat rotation, but I don't know now. Have you seen a hybrid rotation on the BB forums?

Teacher :wave:

teacher1
12-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Diana- thanks for sharing your story. People can be so rude. That stinks that your MIL choose to be selfish and mean to you. It's so good that your DH is so supportive.

Laura- my bday is on Thurs. the 20th. I'm turning 33

This weekend is flying by....

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
12-16-2012, 08:47 PM

Check-In: Combat 60 Live w/weighted gloves

Laura A friend on another forum has done both of the Combat 30 workouts. She is more observant than I am. She said that 2 tracks are the exact same on the two workout, but the rest are different. She did the Live 30 with the pumped up music option and said it was a lot better.

Today I did Live 60 w/pumped up music and captions. With the pumped up music I couldn't hear the instructors very well. This won't be as much of a problem after I do the workout a couple more times. With that said, I LOVED the workout with the pumped up music. I didn't know the music was that good on this workout until I pumped up the music. In fact, it was so much fun when MC Hammer came on with "Don't touch this". I was gettin' down with my bad self, then I realized that I should be punching. It was a very fun workout today!

Teacher Do you have any special birthday plans?

teacher1
12-17-2012, 06:03 PM
Diana- no real big plans for my bday... probably going to lunch with my DH & Sat. dinner with the family

today- rest... but I did get in lots of house cleaning

TurboLaura
12-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Hey ladies!

Diana - I feel better knowing that the two workouts are different! Agreed that the music was awesome! I was singing it all night :)

Teacher = happy almost bday!

Tonight - Turbo Jam Cardio kickin core...awesome workout!

On track with eating today. It's been tough for me the past full week and I was starting to feel down...

Diana3271
12-17-2012, 09:41 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 55 EZ

Teacher Cleaning is definitely a workout!

Laura Hang in there with your eating. Dig deep and find that focus. The holidays are really tough, I know. I have been avoiding all holiday foods. :lol: I will have plenty of that on the cruise. :D

teacher1
12-18-2012, 02:29 PM
Diana- when do you leave for your cruise? I know it's around Xmas. Yes, there will be plenty of food on the cruise :)

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
12-18-2012, 09:34 PM

Check-In: Les Mills Combat 60 w/weighted gloves

I think this one is different than the Live 60. I'm not very observant with workouts. I tried to put power into the workout to help with the intensity. Rach got on my nerves when she mentioned about needing a bucket because the workout was so tough. NOT! I must be doing something wrong because it is no where near getting sick in a bucket intense.

Teacher We leave Christmas day. I finally finished shopping for the clothes that I need. I am glad that's over with! Good job on the elliptical. How is your hip. Overall, is there much improvement?

teacher1
12-19-2012, 06:01 PM
Diana- That is such an exciting xmas plan!!! You're going to have so much fun :) The hip is so much better during the day.. no sharp pain but during the night and in the morning it hurts. After Xmas, I need to up the workouts and see how it goes. Such a pain in the butt!

Laura- when is your winter break?

We might actually get some snow tonight. If so, it will be the first snow of the year.

today- cleaned my parents carpet... we're on a cleaning kick to get ready for the holidays

Diana3271
12-19-2012, 10:04 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
About 20 minutes of Combat 45 w/weighted gloves
1000 Jump Ropes

I kept getting interrupted today while I was dong the Combat workout. I finally gave up and did jump ropes. It's easier to start and stop jumping rope than take off weighted gloves.

My TTOM started today. I sure hope this is a short one for me and it's over by the time we leave for our trip.

Something weird came in the mail today at work. It's a letter from Santa Clause addressed to me personally. It said that he is coming to visit and to bring gifts. The inside is a "form" letter. The outside was handwritten.

I kinda think it's from the man at the hardware store down the street, but I don't know. He came by last week to bring me a poinsettia. He brings them every year. But I'm not sure about this letter. Odd! Now I am paranoid.

Teacher I sure wish your hip would heal and you have no other problems. :hug: Maybe you will have snow for Christmas. Do you normally have it Christmas day? I hope tomorrow is a great day for you! Happy Birthday!

:bday2you::celebrate::bday2you:

TurboLaura
12-19-2012, 10:25 PM
Hey ladies!!

Diana - you must be all excited for your trip! Is this your first time to the Caribbean? Nice workouts! Clearly you're in great shape :bravo:
Very weird letter...I'd be kinda paranoid, too.

Teacher - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! :celebrate: Very exciting :) My vacation is all next week and Mon and Tues of the following week. Looking forward to it. People are acting really crazy at school this week...kids, parents and teachers. UGH. Lots of stress about the shooting in CT.

Yesterday I did the Les Mills Combat Hiit 1 - LOVED IT! Feeling it in my legs today. Today I taught my hour cardio kick boxing class. Lots of fun!

Take care :)

teacher1
12-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Diana- thanks for the birthday wishes!!! It does normally snow around xmas time and surprise the first snow came last night. It was very pretty to wake up to but the icy roads were no fun. I agree the Santa letter is a little creepy.

Laura- thanks for the birthday wishes!!! Your break is so close :) I'm sure it's been terrible since the CT shooting. I can't even watch it on TV just makes me cry.

I didn't get a workout in today. I had to take my older sister to the dentist since she needed someone to drive her home. Went to lunch with DH and then hung out at my parents house. Everyone have a great night.

TurboLaura
12-20-2012, 08:29 PM
Happy Birthday TEACHER! YAY!

Tonight - Hiit 25 and upper 20. Finally back on track - 4 days eating well and I feel awesome again!

Diana3271
12-20-2012, 09:36 PM

Check-In: Combat 60 w/weighted gloves (no floor work)

I really like this workout but would like it even more if it was 60 minutes of cardio.

Teacher I hope you had a great day! :hug:

Laura Good job getting back on track. Are you having issues with the holiday foods or just food in general?

TurboLaura
12-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Great workouts Diana! Teacher, I hope that you enjoyed your day!

Diana, I truly think I'm a food addict and when I eat some type of unhealthy food my brain goes WILD and I need more and more and more. Even when it;s things like almonds or PB I will REALLY overeat and then just wante to keep eating. I have to stick with 3 meals and 2 snacks, 1200-1500 cals a day and mainly veggies, beans, hummus, vegan shakes with almond milk and tofu. I stay totally on track and feel great. Clearly I have a serious emotional connection with food too. :yikes: Weigh in tomorrow and it;s been a while...hoping for 150-152.

Today I'm trying the Kata 45 workout! Looking forward to it!

Diana - SO excited for your for your trip!

teacher1
12-21-2012, 06:46 PM
Laura- I know what you mean about being addicted to food. I really struggle once I start eating some foods- like cheese and sweets.

Diana- how long is your cruise?

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
12-21-2012, 10:18 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :yay:

What does everyone have planned for the weekend? I will do my regular stuff. I won't do major grocery shopping, only for what we need this weekend. I will stay far, far away from the mall. I had to make the final company deposits today and got stuck in traffic for an hour! The bank is by the mall and I didn't think there would be a problem today. :dizzy:

Check-In: Les Mills Combat Power Kata 45 w/weighted gloves

I wanted to say that I was very luke warm about the Combat workouts in the beginning. They are starting to grow on me now. Still not touching those Hiit workouts. Still don't like them and that's all I am saying about that! :lol: Using the pumped up music option along with the captions on screen have made a huge difference for me. Once I learn the workouts, I won't need to use the captions. There are a few moves that I am liking. It's the extra moves side to side where you do a "fake". I also like to do the hook close then the hook farther out. I am starting to like the feel that the workouts are more real and more powerful. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but also you can skip through all of the warnings, etc. You cannot do this with some of the other workouts. I am still very disappointed that the 60 minute workout is 53 minutes and there is floor work at the end. I would have loved a real 60 minute cardio workout.

Santa showed up! It was the man that owns the hardware store. He had a beautiful basket delivered. It had fresh fruit, cheese, crackers, nuts, candy and a small bottle of wine. He is a real sweetheart. There have been times that he needed help with something, so he would call us. DH would go help with whatever it was. His DD does his office work. She was out having a baby, so I stepped in and helped out at the time. It's nice to be able to work together like that. So, it's good to know that "Santa" wasn't some freaky stalker. :hohoho:

Laura I can totally relate to being a food addict, too. DH wanted to go to a seafood and prime rib buffet tonight. This place has really good food, not typical buffet stuff. I went but ordered my regular off the menu. OMG! It was so hard! I know that I would not have been able to eat in moderation. It's TTOM and I would probably gain 4 pounds of water weight alone. I know we are going on the cruise, so I have plenty of time to eat then. But it was soooooooo hard at the time. I felt so good and proud of myself when we left though. I know that I did the right thing for me. At the time I felt like a pissy 3 year old, though. :tantrum: I did the Kata workout today!

Teacher The cruise is for 5 days. I don't really consider it 5 days since we leave at 4 PM on the first day and return at 8 AM on the last day. :lol: That's more than enough time for me to get into trouble, so I'm not complaining. :rofl: I am planning to get to the ship early on the day we leave. I think they said we can get there as early as 11 AM. We are only 15 minutes away from the port.

TurboLaura
12-22-2012, 08:38 AM
Hey Diana! We did the exact same workout :) I always use the gloves too for each workout! Good job at dinner with ordering off of the menu...it's SO hard! You'll have such a great time on your cruise :) Which islands are you visiting? Getting all packed? How nice that you can drive to the port!

Teacher - cheese is a big binge food for me so I'm REALLY trying to just not eat it at all, especially at home where we have it because hubby loves it.

Ladies, thanks for understanding and letting me vent. I'm hoping to tackle food issues for life! 155 today - a little more than I was hoping for but I must have done some REAL damage last week with 7 consecutive days of off eating. Goal is to be 150 next Sat...hoping for some water weight ;)

Fire 55EZ today. Gotta have my Chalene fix!

teacher1
12-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Diana- 15 min to the port.. that is so great! I've gone on 1 cruise and one of my favorite parts was walking around the ship. They're floating cities. Glad Santa was someone you knew.

I spent the morning baking my sugar cookies for the family. Tonight we'll head to my parents for a late bday celebration. We're all done shopping for gifts. I'm working on my shopping list and I'll brave the grocery store tomorrow. We have to take food Christmas Eve to the in-laws and Christmas day to my family.

Diana3271
12-22-2012, 09:57 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Gilad's Maximum Abs w/#6 medicine ball

Laura We are going to Nassau and Freeport. I am hoping to do a dolphin swim at one of those ports. While we are on the ship, I am thinking about getting a massage, since I have never had one (for the fun of it). I had one because I was getting chiro adjustments and I was too tight. The Dr. wanted the massage therapist to work on me first. All of the clothes is piled in one area, not packet yet. It looks like we are taking too much stuff. :o What are your plans for Christmas?

Teacher It sounds like you had a wonderful family day planned today.

TurboLaura
12-22-2012, 10:27 PM
Hello!!!!!!!!!!

Diana - how fun! My honey and I went to Freeport once and it's fun! Beautiful water and beaches. I'M SO ENVIOUS and happy for you! Oh get a message! Treat yourself.

We have a houseful on Xmas eve...Italian family so we do the traditional massive fish dinner and my honey is a great chef. I don't eat any of it so I'll have to get a salad or something earlier in the day for myself!

Teacher - hope that your celebration was great fun!

Grateful for my sunday off - buns and arms are sore! I REALLY feel like all the kicking in Combat is shaping my butt - big time. No pun intended...:lol:

Diana3271
12-23-2012, 09:04 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

Check-In: Jeanette Jenkins Cardio Kickboxing w/weighted gloves

Laura Did you do anything in particular in Freeport? Enjoy the big feast. Does your family prepare vegan foods for you? Anyone else in your family vegan?

teacher1
12-24-2012, 11:26 AM
Hi ladies!!!! :D

Diana- have a super fun & safe trip!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it.:carrot:

Laura- have a great family day. :)

Merry Christmas Eve :clause:

I'm off to the in-laws celebration & tomorrow off to my parents house.

Diana3271
12-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Hi Everyone! :clause:

This is a quick post since I need to start packing. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Sending you lots of love, hugs, and blessings. See you when I get back next weekend. :beach:

Check-In:
Les Mills Combat 60 Live w/weighted gloves (cardio section only)
Les Mills Combat 30 Live w/weighted gloves

Diana3271
12-25-2012, 06:55 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday

I hope you have a great week!

It's hard to believe the day is already here.

Bon Voyage! :wave:

See you when I get back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lniVTjzoag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po4HIDlb0NU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkfUrWUgPe4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPCjC543llU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUTf5qvS0Lo

teacher1
12-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Diana- I know you're off having a blast.... I'm super jealous. Those videos look so nice.

Laura- did you have a good Christmas?

We went to my parents yesterday during the day and saw Les Mis last night. I was so tired and slept in late today.

today- elip 30 min

TurboLaura
12-27-2012, 10:05 AM
Hello ladies!

Diana - I bet you're having a great time in the sun :)

Teacher - Christmas was great, thanks! I'm super tired, too...tutoring a bit this afternoon.

Got way off with eating junk again! Today Combat 30.

Take care!

teacher1
12-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Laura- you stay busy :) Will your kids kickboxing class start back up after the holidays?

today- elip 30 min

teacher1
12-28-2012, 05:30 PM
today- elip 30 min

TurboLaura
12-28-2012, 10:14 PM
Hello!!

Teacher - it's just me and you until Diana gets back from paradise :)

Did Combat 30 tonight and feel good. Not sure about the kickboxing class yet because I'm going to be doing an after school program and it may be for the same day. We shall see = I'd like to make it happen, though.

Good job with working out every day! Do you have an eliptical at home? I used one when we were on vacation last summer at the hotel gyms and enjoyed it.

Take care!!!!

teacher1
12-29-2012, 05:01 PM
Hi!!!
Laura- we have a Precor treadmill & elliptical. So with the home equipment, fitness DVDs, and ymca membership, I don't have any excuses not to workout. I'm sticking with the elip until I meet with the physical therapist on Wed.

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
12-30-2012, 11:41 AM
Hi Everyone! :wave: I'm baaaaack! I had a great time, but there's nothing like home. :dance: I need to unpack and get things sorted. I'll check back in later today.

I am so ready to get back to my normal food :broc: and workout regimen.

teacher1
12-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Diana- :welcome3: back!!! Can't wait to hear about the fun!!!

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
12-30-2012, 07:15 PM
Hi Everyone!

The first thing I would like to say is that I enjoyed the cruise and I would love to go on another one. With that said, DH had a rough time and I don't think he would want to go on another one. A little history about DH. He went on 1 or 2 cruises when he was younger. He has also been on a trawler and gone deep sea fishing many times. He also goes fishing on a regular basis. He has never gotten seasick before. The poor guy started feeling ill the first day. We had very rough seas on the way to the Bahamas. We had hurricane strength winds and 12+ ft seas. We started taking the anti-nausea medicine the day before we left and took the maximum dosage. I was scared that I was going to be the one to get seasick, but I didn't have any problems. DH never got sick but felt bad and nauseated the first two days. In fact, the second day, he spent about 6 hours in bed. The next two days we were in the Freeport and Nassau and the weather was nice. But he still had that carryover bad feeling. The next two days we traveled back home. Last night was even worse than the first two days. He laid in bed saying OMG it's getting worse. He never got sick though. Just now he mentioned about flying back to Nassau since he liked it so well, but no cruises. Ha Ha Right now he is talking about a 34 day cruise we heard about. He said there is no way he could do that. In Nassau we went to Atlantis and I did a deep water dolphin swim. I have pictures of me holding a dolphin's (Palmer was his name), flippers and him dancing. It was a wonderful experience. On the ship, we sat with a wonderful group of people. One of the guys sitting with us had a jet ski accident. He flipped over the jet ski. She showed up to dinner wrapped up like a mummy. He had a great attitude about the whole thing. We went dancing one night. DH did the best he could with how bad he felt. We each also had a full body massage and loved them. It was the first, professional relaxing massage for the both of us. Poor DH loved it at the time but by the next day, his calves hurt him so bad that he could barely walk. I had knots in my upper back/shoulder area so the therapist focused on that area for me. DH had knots in his calves, so she worked on that area more for him. He was in pretty bad shape after the seasickness and the massage (sore calves). Poor guy. Anyways, he was go glad to get back home. I stayed pretty busy, although, it would have been more fun if DH could have participated more. I enjoyed dressing up in my dressy clothes. We had quite a few professional pictures taken. We also took a few pictures on our own. I will try to post something when I get a chance.

Teacher Thank you for the welcome back. How is your hip doing?

TurboLaura
12-30-2012, 07:29 PM
YAY Diana, and:welcome2: home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It sounds like you had some very good and not so good times- so sorry to hear of your honey's sea sickness and calf pain. :( I'm sure he enjoyed being with you and away from "life". Good idea to fly to the Bahamas next time :) What were the rooms like on the ship? Was the food good? Nice warm weather? I love meeting people on vacation - we met some lovely couples in Hawaii. Sorry for all of the questions :D You're getting me thinking about another vaca!

My vacation is just about over - back to work on Wed. I've really been off with eating this week. UGH. Sometimes changing daily routines throws me off.

Take care ladies!

Diana3271
12-31-2012, 08:36 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

You know, going away is always fun, but there is nothing like home. I went to bed at 8:30 last night and woke at 6:30 this morning. I think I must have been a little tired. I'm rarely able to sleep that long. Oh, yeah, by the way, my coffee is soooooo good. Now, I think I truly appreciate myself. :lol:

Last night, I had just gotten into bed and DH was watching TV in the living room. He started yelling "Diana did you hear that commercial?" Hmm, no dear, I'm trying to sleep. You know you slept for a few hours today while I was putting things back up. He came running into the the bedroom to tell me about the commercial he saw. It was for Atlantis, Nassau, and about special prices on flights/rooms, etc. I told him that we just got back from there. I think he really enjoyed the day we spent on Nassau and would like to FLY back there one day.

Does anyone have a traditional meal they have for the New Year? We normally do pork, rice, blackeyed peas/field peas (hoppin' john) and collard greens.

Anyone going to start a new rotation for the New Year? I think I am going to do Les Mills Pump. I will do Combat/other kickboxing/other cardio on the cardio days.

Laura I am soooooo glad that I paid the extra $ for a suite on the cruise. We had a small balcony, too. We sat out there a few times and drank wine. The room was the size of a very small hotel room. I would not want it to be any smaller. Everyone says to get the cheap room (small rooms) because you won't be in the room very much. Well, you never know what's going to happen when you are on a cruise. DH is a bigger man. I am very appreciative of the bigger bed/room. We had plenty of closet space/drawer space. The whole "wall" where the balcony was is glass, the door is glass. When you open the curtain it's a beautiful view. There are different options with the balcony/suite rooms. I paid extra to have a balcony without an obstructed view. Some balcony's have a dingy obstructing the view. I didn't want that. About the food. Everyone's tastes are different, I truly realize that now, :lol:. I know people who recently went on this same cruise/ship. I have "talked" with people on here and they mentioned the same food we had. So, I know we had the same as everyone else. With that said, the food in the dining room is 1000% better than the food on the buffet. A friend of mine ate mostly at the buffet and thought it was fabulous. Are you familiar with Ryan's or Golden Corral? Nothing wrong with the food, but it's not what I want on a vacation. In my opinion, the food on the buffet is similar to those restaurants. There is a fresh pizza place, a deli, as well as the buffet, salad bar, dessert bar, and ice cream bar. At lunch one day I had a grilled ham and cheese from the deli and it was very good. They had a chocolate dessert day at the buffet one day. There was literally only one dessert that I thought was edible. I ate most of my meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) in the dining room, so they were better. But, they were not as good as what I expected. Maybe my expectations were too high since all I hear is how fabulous the food is. :dunno: The best dessert, in my opinion was the chocolate melting cake. It was very good and I ate that every night. :D At the dining room, they bring you a menu and you can choose as many starters, entrees, and desserts as you wish. I always choose multiples in each category, in case I didn't like something. Again, other people have talked about the same foods we had and they loved them. I would assume Carnival has certain standards across the board for all of their ships. I am very much of a foodie and had higher expectations. My friend, who thought the buffet was great, is not a foodie. In her opinion, food is something to "fill the hole". I always tell her "you are obviously not eating the right food if that's how you see it". :lol: I see food as nutrition and energy but also as something that I really enjoy. I love experiencing new and different foods and ways to prepare them. Last Christmas we went to the Biltmore House in NC. It was a wonderful food experience for us. I had a wonderful "proper" afternoon tea. That's the type of stuff that I enjoy. The Summer before last we went to the Outer Banks in NC. We enjoyed some of the best and freshest seafood ever. We still talk about that. Anyways, I wanted to share the other experiences so you would understand the comparison for me.

ETA: I forgot to mention something. Since I am a foodie, there are foods on my "bucket list" that I want to try. One of them is a Monte Cristo. Of course I have had a grilled ham and cheese before, but not an official Monte Cristo. I had one when we got off the ship in Nassau. I really enjoyed the sandwich and glad I had the opportunity to try one.

teacher1
12-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Diana- The hip is kind of the same... pain at night and not too bad during the day. I go to physical therapy on Wed. so hopefully, I'll get some stretches and a solid exercise plan. I'm sticking with the elip until I go on Wed and then will hopefully add more exercises in my plan. Glad to hear your DH wants to go on more trips since he struggled a little on this one. I've only gone on 1 cruise and while I enjoyed it, I would rather fly on my next trip. Glad you had such a fun trip.

Laura & Diana- have a fun & safe New Years Eve. We woke up to snow :) Second snow of the year.

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
12-31-2012, 10:10 PM

If anyone is going out tonight, please stay safe.

Back at it today!

Check-In:
Les Mills Pump Challenge w/15's
TF Fire 45 EZ w/weighted gloves

Ok, what has happened to me? I am starting Pump from the beginning. Certain exercises were really tough with the 15's. I was already at the 3rd workout from the program before I stopped it due to getting Combat. I'm hoping it's because I am tired from the cruise and/or just not eating properly, etc. Speaking of not eating properly. :D Of course I have gained weight from the cruise. I always gain my weight in my lower belly, butt, thighs, and hips. I have a serious bubble butt going on right now. (I also have a bubble belly, but that not as funny as the bubble butt :D) I told DH "look at my butt! I have a bubble butt". Of course he just grinned and avoided all comments. No matter what he would have/could have said would have been wrong. If he said he liked it, I would have been mad because I haven't had a bubble butt in a long time and don't want one. If he said he didn't like it, I would have been mad because I have had a big butt most of my life. :D Oh well, back at it. ;)

Teacher I was so hoping that you would have significant improvement by now. I'm still sending positive thoughts your way that you will figure out something with your hip.

We enjoyed the good ol Southern dinner tonight. It was much different than what we ate this past week.

Diana3271
12-31-2012, 10:13 PM
I started a new thread for January! Let's make it a great month and year! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/272252-january-2013-turbo-fire-more-check.html#post4569942