Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
The bottle says to use this one only if your needs are not met by a balanced diet. Feeling like I have a fairly balanced diet in phase 3. When did all of you stop taking this supplement?

I will likely continue with a multivitamin and calcium.
I stopped right after Phase 3 and continue taking one multivitamin, omega three and a calcium (personal choice though).

Last edited by Ishbel; 12-05-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #32  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
The bottle says to use this one only if your needs are not met by a balanced diet. Feeling like I have a fairly balanced diet in phase 3. When did all of you stop taking this supplement?

I will likely continue with a multivitamin and calcium.
I stopped all the supplements as soon as I started Phase 3. Not on anyone's advice, I just hate taking pills. I also cut my water back to 6 a day.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I still take the supplements when I remember as I continue to eat very low carb.

Lol. I think you can stop the extra birth control. To be honest, I relied on the pill the entire time. I went through a lot of home pregnancy tests as my Tom has really been screwy.

I think the real problem time is during the initial fat loss when more estrogen is released.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 169/140/130

Height: 5'3"

Thanks mom, I don't like to take risks in that area!! I've heard about too many IP pregnancies!! I'll go back to the pill only and pray that's enough!
Old 12-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Height: 5'5"

Good evening!

I know I'm not in the maintenance phase just yet...I still have 8 days left on phase 3. But I do have a question for you experts! I will be traveling (flying out of state) next week (I will be on my last 3 days of phase 3). My husband will be in the hospital, so it won't be a fun trip. I am very nervous about those last three days of breakfast. I'm going to pack some english muffins and some peanut butter. I'm just hoping that the hotel's continental breakfast has good, healthy items..like my strawberries, yogurt (or milk), and hard boiled eggs. If not, I may have to try & do some grocery shopping for those few days. I'm hoping that I can get by with my lunch & dinner by choosing lean protein + veggies. I might throw in a few extra IP foods just in case I don't come across anything healthy. Any ideas??
Old 12-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #36  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl2012 View Post
Good evening!

I know I'm not in the maintenance phase just yet...I still have 8 days left on phase 3. But I do have a question for you experts! I will be traveling (flying out of state) next week (I will be on my last 3 days of phase 3). My husband will be in the hospital, so it won't be a fun trip. I am very nervous about those last three days of breakfast. I'm going to pack some english muffins and some peanut butter. I'm just hoping that the hotel's continental breakfast has good, healthy items..like my strawberries, yogurt (or milk), and hard boiled eggs. If not, I may have to try & do some grocery shopping for those few days. I'm hoping that I can get by with my lunch & dinner by choosing lean protein + veggies. I might throw in a few extra IP foods just in case I don't come across anything healthy. Any ideas??
Sorry to hear that your DH has to be in the hospital.

I would call the hotel and ask what's available for breakfast so you can be prepared. They could also tell you if there's a grocery nearby. They might even be willing to accommodate if you tell them you're on a restricted diet.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:19 AM   #37  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

You could also take IP cereal packets with you for breakfast. You do not have to always eat a P3 breakfast. Good luck. I hope your husband's surgery goes well.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

So I was talking to my close friend yesterday about my self talk for breakfast (posted yesterday) "I miss my berries but I know it's only for one day". She looked me dead straight in the eyes "and now you know what its like to maintain" LMAO

As shocking as it may sound you can't hear her voice inflections and the laughter that occurred afterwards. She totally re-framed it for me...it was awesome to have that said to me. It's like I'm part of a club! lol

Last edited by Ishbel; 12-06-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #39  

Thanks for your advice & well wishes Lizzy & Maile! My husband will be having back surgery, so I do hope that all goes well for him!

I did call the hotel early this morning...and I feel relieved! They do serve fresh fruit & 1% cottage cheese for breakfast (but he did say that a lot of the foods are higher carb). However...what REALLY made my morning is when he said that there was a Whole Foods & a Walmart within 2 miles (their shuttle will take us there!) So I'll just stock up on my healthy berries, Chobani yogurt & etc. while there. He also informed me of restaurant possibilities. I'll still take plenty of emergency supplies, but I do feel better!

Congrats Ishbel for being one of "the club!"

Last edited by fitgirl2012; 12-06-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #40  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Good evening!

Sure hope his surgery goes well and that he has an excellent prognosis! Good luck. And it looks like you got some great advice, and have a plan in place now for your meals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
So I was talking to my close friend yesterday about my self talk for breakfast (posted yesterday) "I miss my berries but I know it's only for one day". She looked me dead straight in the eyes "and now you know what its like to maintain" LMAO

As shocking as it may sound you can't hear her voice inflections and the laughter that occurred afterwards. She totally re-framed it for me...it was awesome to have that said to me. It's like I'm part of a club! lol
LOL - guess it is in how we look at it. And it's great that you have a good friend on the journey with you!

P3 is going really well; am on my 5th day of it. Just realized that I can have ALL veggies now! Whoo hoo - having corn tonight with my turkey burger, rutabaga fries and salad! (Sometimes I think I'm obsessed with food - between all the planning, shopping, prepping & preparing, plus occasional cravings for taboo stuff - it takes up a lot of my thinking time. Sure hope it all becomes 2nd nature in the near future so I feel like I have my life back)
Old 12-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Just popping in to say "Hello!" Things have been busy, but I have been plugging along. Doing P1 days when I need them and sticking right around 135. Tough time of year, so getting in P1 days when I can. Lots of dinners, gatherings, etc...

Ish- I LOVE what your friend said! So true! It is all about give and take in maintenance.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:09 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Sure hope his surgery goes well and that he has an excellent prognosis! Good luck. And it looks like you got some great advice, and have a plan in place now for your meals.

LOL - guess it is in how we look at it. And it's great that you have a good friend on the journey with you!

P3 is going really well; am on my 5th day of it. Just realized that I can have ALL veggies now! Whoo hoo - having corn tonight with my turkey burger, rutabaga fries and salad! (Sometimes I think I'm obsessed with food - between all the planning, shopping, prepping & preparing, plus occasional cravings for taboo stuff - it takes up a lot of my thinking time. Sure hope it all becomes 2nd nature in the near future so I feel like I have my life back)
I agree with you! There is a lot of planning, and I feel like I live at the grocery store! I'm right along with you in phase 3. I didn't know that we can have all veggies now...is that correct?
Old 12-06-2012, 11:17 PM   #43  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I agree with you! There is a lot of planning, and I feel like I live at the grocery store! I'm right along with you in phase 3. I didn't know that we can have all veggies now...is that correct?
I tried to post on this earlier but it didn't go thru.
P3 when I did it in August 2012 did NOT include all the veggies.
P3 is just the breakfast changes and keep the rest of the day like P2.
You only want to do the insulin rush once.

On Dr Tran's website it does say add all the veggies and dairy at other meals, but those that have posted here doing IP with coaches and IP sheets don't add all the veggies until Phase 4 (those on alternatives who follow the IP sheets also have stated they do it the same way).

Did they change it?
Old 12-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoplease View Post
I tried to post on this earlier but it didn't go thru.
P3 when I did it in August 2012 did NOT include all the veggies.
P3 is just the breakfast changes and keep the rest of the day like P2.
You only want to do the insulin rush once.

On Dr Tran's website it does say add all the veggies and dairy at other meals, but those that have posted here doing IP with coaches and IP sheets don't add all the veggies until Phase 4 (those on alternatives who follow the IP sheets also have stated they do it the same way).

Did they change it?
I think that you are correct. My coach only mentioned that the breakfast was different & that the rest of the day was the same. This is fine with me...I actually really enjoy phase 3! Thanks for clarifying! We will see what green iris says. Maybe her coach knows something new.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #45  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Hey Maintainers...I need some help here.
I've been in Phase 4 since mid-November. My meals are generally Phase 3ish with a few "treat" meals, like Thanksgiving and parties thrown in mostly on weekends. The "treat" meal days I follow-up with a Phase 1ish day. My issue is that I'm still losing about a LB per week.

I haven't really added back any starchy foods but I have added cheese to my salads. I am SO afraid of adding more carbs and having all those cravings sneek back. And it seems really hard to add carbs without adding fats.

What do you all do? Anyone with the same experience? I'm not really opposed to losing more weight. I just think that going much more below where I am (146 this morning) will be harder to maintain.
Closed Thread