Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 11/30/2012

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 11/30/2012

lisa32989
11-30-2012, 06:42 AM
:welcome3:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

mommyof3girls
11-30-2012, 07:15 AM
Good morning and happy Friday! Still plugging along 100%. I have to keep telling myself slow and steady wins the race:) I am done 1.6lbs this week and finally into the 40s.

I have not been on the boards lately with Thanksgiving, a funeral, trying to pack up to move, decorating for Christmas and homeschooling, so this maybe on here some where. Does anyone have any suggestions of finger foods to take to a party, besides a veggie tray?

lisa32989
11-30-2012, 07:23 AM
Good morning and happy Friday! Still plugging along 100%. I have to keep telling myself slow and steady wins the race:) I am done 1.6lbs this week and finally into the 40s.

I have not been on the boards lately with Thanksgiving, a funeral, trying to pack up to move, decorating for Christmas and homeschooling, so this maybe on here some where. Does anyone have any suggestions of finger foods to take to a party, besides a veggie tray?

Congrats on the new decade!
Slow and steady DOES win the race! I was telling people to embrace the tortoise :)
Veggie trays are your friend. Make them decorative for the holidays. The last few veggie trays I've taken to parties have been DEMOLISHED. People really WANT to eat healthy.
I have a great Pampered Chef Chilzene tray to keep veggies fresh at parties. I made the turkey veggie tray for Thanksgiving. Ive seen Christmas Tree Veggie trays. Embrace your inner Martha Stewart and take a festive veggie tray. Plus, bonus: you can eat it!

sonyainva
11-30-2012, 07:46 AM
mommyof3girls 1.6 is great, i keep saying to myself, the longer it takes, the better my pancreas will react in p4

lisa i am with you on the tortoise bit

lose2win - congrats on the 7 pounds in 2 weeks, that is awesome. happy birthday to your grandpa

SDCHickie- congrats on the 2 pound loss

libertybelle
11-30-2012, 07:53 AM
Lisa: thanks so much for always posting this thread. I am checking out the chilzene after typing this!

Mommy of 3g: that is awesome! And the way to do it. Lisa is right about the tortoise. What would we do without Aesop?

I finally broke the plateau. My weight was stuck for 7 days and now down a pound. I agree, checking the scale daily isn't for everyone! And I might insist on stopping. It wasn't the plateau that worried me as much as the timing of it. It was from my fourth day OP through my eleventh. It was beginning to niggle at me that if seemed others' plateaus came a but later so maybe the plan wasn't working for me as well. Especially since it seems like so much food. But I kept faith and while it is a small victory, it feels good to keep going!

Enjoy a wonderful day everyone!
Thank you for all you do!

scorbett1103
11-30-2012, 08:52 AM

Lisa: thanks so much for always posting this thread. I am checking out the chilzene after typing this!

Mommy of 3g: that is awesome! And the way to do it. Lisa is right about the tortoise. What would we do without Aesop?

I finally broke the plateau. My weight was stuck for 7 days and now down a pound. I agree, checking the scale daily isn't for everyone! And I might insist on stopping. It wasn't the plateau that worried me as much as the timing of it. It was from my fourth day OP through my eleventh. It was beginning to niggle at me that if seemed others' plateaus came a but later so maybe the plan wasn't working for me as well. Especially since it seems like so much food. But I kept faith and while it is a small victory, it feels good to keep going!

Enjoy a wonderful day everyone!
Thank you for all you do!

Nice job ladies!!!

I'm starting to gear up for the holiday madness here too - my sister in law likes to schedule all kinds of get-togethers, but I just want to get through the holidays and get back to normal in January, with a little Christmas enjoyment in the middle :) Plus I work in healthcare, which means some of my holiday will be spent at work and every other weekend is not open for events. It's tough to cram everything in, but I decided a long time ago that I can't make everyone happy so I try to meet in the middle somewhere. Currently trying to figure out when to get to my Dad's house, we had thought we could do it on Christmas Eve, before our church service (I'm singing this year) - then I found out they're doing TWO services on the Eve so dinner with Dad is out. *sigh*

alittlelessme
11-30-2012, 09:10 AM
Made it through November and all that Turkey Craziness. Now onto December !

It's been a while since I updated my ticker and stats. I was shocked to see 155 on my scale this morning. Let the celebrating begin !
:hat::celebrate:

Ideal Protein is the BEST thing to have happened to me this year.
I have never felt better. I can go into December with strength and commitment to the plan.

100% works !

You guys are the best!

scorbett1103
11-30-2012, 09:19 AM

It's been a while since I updated my ticker and stats. I was shocked to see 155 on my scale this morning. Let the celebrating begin !
:hat::celebrate::trampo::xcheer::bunny2::elf:

I have never felt better. I can go into December with strength and commitment to the plan.

100% works !

You guys are the best!

Awesome job!!!!

libertybelle
11-30-2012, 09:53 AM
Scorbett: You are just the whole package -Singing, too! Inspiring!

Alittlelessme: Congrats! That must have felt great to update such wonderful strides! You are more than halfway there... And your positivity is so contagious! Thank you!

Debrasb
11-30-2012, 09:58 AM
WI was this morning -- down 2.6 pounds this week. Definitely better than last week, so I'm pleased!! I had cut out all restricted veggies and packets this week, so now I just need to figure out if that mattered :-)

In celebration--I posted a new IP recipe for indian spiced chicken with garam masala. Enjoy! unlimitedlettuce.blogspot.com (http://unlimitedlettuce.blogspot.com)

lisa32989
11-30-2012, 10:14 AM

Oh my! Just to keep it real...a few DAYS of the scale not moving is not a plateau. A plateau is WEEKS of the scale not moving.
Truly. WEEKS.
Any reputable weight loss expert will define it that way. WEEKS.
There are just too many variables in weight reduction to micro-manage, especially with women's hormonal fluctuations.

My hubby was commenting on my WI day that perhaps weekly is too often. I'm going to bring this topic up with my coach next week. I'm doing A+ with this part of the plan right now. Perhaps checking in via email and just weighing in every-other-week? I KNOW I'll need more support for maintenance. That is where I have MUCH to learn. Sometimes seeing the smaller # on the scale is kind of defeating and moving to every 2 weeks might help. We'll see what she says....

evepet
11-30-2012, 10:25 AM

How about a shrimp tray? Shrimp are definitely IP-ok, and you could add other veggies to the tray. You could also add some grilled scallops wrapped in bacon to the tray (although that's probably better served right off the grill). I've combined WF bbq sauce with the low cal Heintz catsup and some horseradish and it makes a decent dipping sauce for shrimp. Experiment with it and see whether you like it. Or decide to forgo the dip part yourself, and just use a regular one that the rest of the group will enjoy... you'll still be able to eat the shrimp and veggies.

rofl306
11-30-2012, 10:30 AM
Yah! I made it thru my first Christmas party 100%! I put 1/4 of my plate raw veggies, 1/4 steamed veggies, and the other half turkey and roast. And water, water, water. Great visits. No one said a word about what I was eating or drinking just that they loved my little black dress (that I bought for $23 marked down 50% twice). It is so fun not to wear tight clothes or tents!

Have a GREAT day everyone!

evepet
11-30-2012, 10:35 AM
Yah! I made it thru my first Christmas party 100%! I put 1/4 of my plate raw veggies, 1/4 steamed veggies, and the other half turkey and roast. And water, water, water. Great visits. No one said a word about what I was eating or drinking just that they loved my little black dress (that I bought for $23 marked down 50% twice). It is so fun not to wear tight clothes or tents!

There you go! I'm sure others don't pay nearly as much attention to what is on our plate as we think they do. Glad it worked out so well for you. And congrats on your little black dress! Sounds like a great (and very flattering) bargain. :):)

mightbe
11-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Oh good lord, the office girls brought in a huge costco cake for my birthday :dizzy: I love that they thought of me, but a cake, really?!? So I cut a piece to save for later.....in all reality that sucker is hitting the garbage the second I figure nobody will notice!!! :lol:

lisa32989
11-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Oh good lord, the office girls brought in a huge costco cake for my birthday :dizzy: I love that they thought of me, but a cake, really?!? So I cut a piece to save for later.....in all reality that sucker is hitting the garbage the second I figure nobody will notice!!! :lol:
Good Plan!:dance:

Um...has nobody NOTICED you've lost 45 lbs??? SERIOUSLY????
:dust:
:bday2you:

mightbe
11-30-2012, 11:12 AM
Good Plan!:dance:

Um...has nobody NOTICED you've lost 45 lbs??? SERIOUSLY????
:dust:
:bday2you:

Exactly what I was thinking!!! :hug:

lisa32989
11-30-2012, 11:15 AM
Okay, so, on the same note, at Whole Foods yesterday, there was a container of cookies that said "Bite Me" on the label. I could think of a few people I'd like to buy those for :devil:
:rofl:

wuv2bloved
11-30-2012, 11:25 AM

Yesterday I was kinda hit with this same thing but the cake wasn't for me. It was the assistant managers Bday so they got her a cake, This is at my second job. I left my first job LATE cuz I had to come back to the clinic someone came AFTER I closed at 3pm so I didn't leave here til 345 and had to be at my second job for 430. I didn't bring anything to eat for supper becuase I was going home to eat supper before going to the second job so after running late thank goodness there is a Subway right next door to my second job. I walked there, got a double chicken chopped salad brought it into the breakroom and ate it. They were all sitting around eating cake and I was eating my salad drinking my water. My assistant came up to me, hugged me, I looked at her and said what is that for? she said I am so proud of what you have done and for you to be able to sit here, eat your salad while we eat cake is just incredible. I said thank you, she started crying....lol...I was like its ok, I am not bothered with it, I am good. She said I know but you are so strong, I told her, it came with time. I am not letting myself get back to where I was....I GOT THIS.....she hugged me again, still crying and went to her office.....she knew me when I was bigger, I worked with her for 15 yrs, This new me, is totally different than the OLD me. I was spunky before but always dressed in shorts and a polo cuz that is all that fit me. Now I am "fashionable" and can wear REGULAR size clothes...so yea I am LOVING this new me, this new body, new attitude.....people notice and that puts a smile on their faces along with mine!!

A1Texan
11-30-2012, 11:38 AM
I will be just starting IP on December 10th and wanted to stock up the house with items that I can have. Will all that WF makes safe to use on this diet? From what I read on these forums, most get really tired of the same old tasting foods. I'm hoping that the many choices of WF will help me avoid the boredom.

jmuroff1
11-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Had a good weigh-in today :) down 4.4 lbs and lost an inch on my chest and waist :) my coach was proud of me! Also I got a packet of the Rotini...I can't wait to try it tonight, bought it with the walden farms tomato basil pasta sauce :)

wuv2bloved
11-30-2012, 11:46 AM
I will be just starting IP on December 10th and wanted to stock up the house with items that I can have. Will all that WF makes safe to use on this diet? From what I read on these forums, most get really tired of the same old tasting foods. I'm hoping that the many choices of WF will help me avoid the boredom.

Spices will become your best friend. Some of the WF stuff needs doctoring up. Just to give you a farwarning, they WILL NOT taste like "regular" dressings!. Everyone is different so you may have to "experiment" with them on your own. You Palet will change as you go along. You won't get bored if you experiment with your food, There are TON"S of ideas on this site, look around, I have been on the program for 81 weeks now (19months) and I am still not bored!....its all about vaierty!..Good luck to you!

jmuroff1
11-30-2012, 12:01 PM

When that happens go to Rainbows recipe thread! It has helped me so much!

Bella73123
11-30-2012, 12:02 PM

:hat::celebrate:

100% works !

You guys are the best!

This is so awesome!! Big congrats to you and hope to be there within the next month...fingers crossed!

clo2551
11-30-2012, 12:03 PM
Good Morning! had my WI last night, down 3.2lbs and 2.75 inches...I'm sooo close to ONEderland I can smell it!!! With a little bit of silent praying I hope I see it on the scale next week :)

scorbett1103
11-30-2012, 12:05 PM
Scorbett: You are just the whole package -Singing, too! Inspiring!

Alittlelessme: Congrats! That must have felt great to update such wonderful strides! You are more than halfway there... And your positivity is so contagious! Thank you!

Aw thanks! :) I've been a singer for a long time, got away from it for a while and this is actually my first time performing in front of a big crowd in several years. The fact that it's Christmas Eve at church just makes it even more special :)

Way to GO!!!!

Yes, all Walden Farms products meet the 0 carb/0 fat/0 sugars rule for "extras" on Phase 1 of IP. You will want to beef up your spice cabinet too, just like Wuv suggested. Mrs. Dash has become one of my best friends! Just check the labels on any spice blends to make sure there's no added sugar. I have yet to get bored with the food, there are HUNDREDS of great IP friendly recipes on this site and on the internet!

Had a good weigh-in today :) down 4.4 lbs and lost an inch on my chest and waist :) my coach was proud of me! Also I got a packet of the Rotini...I can't wait to try it tonight, bought it with the walden farms tomato basil pasta sauce :)

Nice job!!!!

Bella73123
11-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Okay, so, on the same note, at Whole Foods yesterday, there was a container of cookies that said "Bite Me" on the label. I could think of a few people I'd like to buy those for :devil:
:rofl:

:rofl: Love it!

2sweet4u
11-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Good morning everyone! Woke up to a lovely -34 at the house today...brrrr....gonna make for a lovely weekend :(

Quick question, do any of you dring the Atkins Advantage shakes? They say 15g protein, 1g sugar, 160 cals, and 2 carbs. ? Do you think these are ok for the IP alternative?

2sweet4u
11-30-2012, 12:42 PM

I like the shrimp idea, the WF ketchup tastes like cocktail sauce to me. Also, have you tried the guilt free divinity? It's great! I like to add other flavorings besides vanilla. also, when i take cookies or something I like to make me some wafer cookies from the apple/cinnamon soy puffs, just so i have something extra and sweet for myself :)

another idea might be a relish tray with different pickles? my family loves pickles and olives! I can't have the olives right now, but can nibble on pickles :)

OR maybe some bitesize cheese cake? with the apple/cinnamon soy puffs for the graham cracker crust and the cheesecake pudding? or use vanilla pudding with some apple pie or pumpkin pie spicing? yum...that sounds good, i will have to go make some now :)

Good luck! would love to know what you decide to take! The christmas party is always at my house so I like having new/different ideas! especially since 4 of us are on IP :)

scorbett1103
11-30-2012, 12:47 PM
Good morning everyone! Woke up to a lovely -34 at the house today...brrrr....gonna make for a lovely weekend :(

Quick question, do any of you dring the Atkins Advantage shakes? They say 15g protein, 1g sugar, 160 cals, and 2 carbs. ? Do you think these are ok for the IP alternative?

Generally, Atkins products are WAY too high in fat to be good for IP. That's one key difference between IP and Atkins, IP is low fat where Atkins does not restrict fat.

Lizzy63
11-30-2012, 12:53 PM

I agree with evepet. My choice would be chilled shrimp w/ a low carb cocktail sauce (Heinz no sugar added ketchup, a little horseradish, and a bit of lemon juice).

DezD
11-30-2012, 12:56 PM
WI was this morning -- down 2.6 pounds this week. Definitely better than last week, so I'm pleased!! I had cut out all restricted veggies and packets this week, so now I just need to figure out if that mattered :-)

In celebration--I posted a new IP recipe for indian spiced chicken with garam masala. Enjoy! unlimitedlettuce.blogspot.com (http://unlimitedlettuce.blogspot.com)

I have been doing something similar. I only have a restricted item when i feel like I would otherwise cheat. I originally started the diet for a different reason than to just lose weight. My body doesn't digest carbs correctly and the result, even with a very healthy calorie controlled diet and plenty of exercise is that I bloat and gain weight.

Because of this I was not willing to spend all that money on packets if they contained a higher than minimal carb count, because I knew it would not be as effective. Over all the diet works well as long as I stick to it. When I tried to phase off the diet after reaching my goal (earlier this year) the weight came back quickly, unless I limited the carbs to just an extra 15 or 20 grams a day. Which typically amounted to one bonus item a day of a complex carb like homemade oatmeal or a slice of high protein bread.

lisa32989
11-30-2012, 01:27 PM
I have been doing something similar. I only have a restricted item when i feel like I would otherwise cheat. I originally started the diet for a different reason than to just lose weight. My body doesn't digest carbs correctly and the result, even with a very healthy calorie controlled diet and plenty of exercise is that I bloat and gain weight.

Because of this I was not willing to spend all that money on packets if they contained a higher than minimal carb count, because I knew it would not be as effective. Over all the diet works well as long as I stick to it. When I tried to phase off the diet after reaching my goal (earlier this year) the weight came back quickly, unless I limited the carbs to just an extra 15 or 20 grams a day. Which typically amounted to one bonus item a day of a complex carb like homemade oatmeal or a slice of high protein bread.
Have you tried a gluten-free diet? Many people find it is the gluten. If you have not read Wheat Belly, you can go to Dr. Davis' blog and get the main info there about WHY gluten has become such an increased problem than ever before.

Generally, Atkins products are WAY too high in fat to be good for IP. That's one key difference between IP and Atkins, IP is low fat where Atkins does not restrict fat.
I'm hoping this can be more of a focus in my maintenance plan. There are some foods I just can't eat but I've not had a problem with fats (once I get my weight back in check). It is those pesky carbs that pack the lbs on me.

DezD
11-30-2012, 01:41 PM
Have you tried a gluten-free diet? Many people find it is the gluten. If you have not read Wheat Belly, you can go to Dr. Davis' blog and get the main info there about WHY gluten has become such an increased problem than ever before.

I'm hoping this can be more of a focus in my maintenance plan. There are some foods I just can't eat but I've not had a problem with fats (once I get my weight back in check). It is those pesky carbs that pack the lbs on me.

I have tried gluten free. Even fruits are my enemy. I have some nasty bacteria that have taken up residency in my intestines for the past 8 years and the only way to keep the bacteria level low is to cut all carbs.

lisa32989
11-30-2012, 01:46 PM
I have tried gluten free. Even fruits are my enemy. I have some nasty bacteria that have taken up residency in my intestines for the past 8 years and the only way to keep the bacteria level low is to cut all carbs.
Oh man! That is tough indeed. Are you sure it is bacteria? Could it be candida?
Have you gone thru tests? I know this stuff is SO hard to pinpoint and finding a good natropath is tough in some areas (even in a metro area the size where I live!). I KNOW conventional medicine docs aren't good with that stuff.

DanafromAustin
11-30-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm sure they meant well, but they had to notice that you've lost a lot of weight. Oh well, I love your solution to the problem. :bday2you:

Check the fat content because Atkins isn't a low fat diet like IP is.

Great Dane
11-30-2012, 02:18 PM
Speaking of palates changing, I used to love the IP chili. (not that I've eaten more than maybe 4 since I started though) Hadn't had it in a few months and this morning? YUCK!!! Could barely eat it! I don't WI this coming week until Tuesday giving me an additional day to lose .1 lb. Hoping for more than my last couple of weeks puny losses! At least my weight is still going down hill. Any more plateaus and I'm not sure how I'll have to mix things up for better results!! Please tell me again why I can't just eat my 2C of celery sticks over a 2 hour period instead of 1??? So much easier to snack on them from 7:30 to 9:30 am than it is to shove them all down at 5:30 am!!

cbl70
11-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Hello IPeeps,
I had my first WI since moving to Phase 4 two weeks ago. Down another LB (!)...even with the Thanksgiving holiday and a few parties. I enjoyed myself over the last weekend but didn't go crazy. Still eating pretty much Phase 3 ish except for my "treat" meals.
Have a great OP weekend!

lisa32989
11-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Speaking of palates changing, I used to love the IP chili. (not that I've eaten more than maybe 4 since I started though) Hadn't had it in a few months and this morning? YUCK!!! Could barely eat it! I don't WI this coming week until Tuesday giving me an additional day to lose .1 lb. Hoping for more than my last couple of weeks puny losses! At least my weight is still going down hill. Any more plateaus and I'm not sure how I'll have to mix things up for better results!! Please tell me again why I can't just eat my 2C of celery sticks over a 2 hour period instead of 1??? So much easier to snack on them from 7:30 to 9:30 am than it is to shove them all down at 5:30 am!!

Who said they have to be within 1 hour? :dunno::rolleyes:

mightbe
11-30-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm sure they meant well, but they had to notice that you've lost a lot of weight. Oh well, I love your solution to the problem. :bday2you:

LOL, one of the other girls finally asked them what they were thinking and they gave her the strangest look, I don't think it ever dawned on them that I wouldn't eat it!
Thank you for the birthday wishes! :hug:

I say eat it whenever you want to! :D

DezD
11-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Oh man! That is tough indeed. Are you sure it is bacteria? Could it be candida?
Have you gone thru tests? I know this stuff is SO hard to pinpoint and finding a good natropath is tough in some areas (even in a metro area the size where I live!). I KNOW conventional medicine docs aren't good with that stuff.

Yes definitely not candida. I was tested after each course of medication. The bacteria would only increase over time. When I cut out auger altogether, the bacteria went away. But within a couple of days of eating regular it came back. It is the usual intestinal bacteria but its in the small intestines instead of the large. So instead of helping to break down waste, it digests the food before it get absorbed and causes all kinds of bloating, pain and deficiencies. Without the carbs the bacteria starves and dies. So a low carb diet keeps the numbers low and the symptoms less.

lisa32989
11-30-2012, 03:38 PM
Yes definitely not candida. I was tested after each course of medication. The bacteria would only increase over time. When I cut out auger altogether, the bacteria went away. But within a couple of days of eating regular it came back. It is the usual intestinal bacteria but its in the small intestines instead of the large. So instead of helping to break down waste, it digests the food before it get absorbed and causes all kinds of bloating, pain and deficiencies. Without the carbs the bacteria starves and dies. So a low carb diet keeps the numbers low and the symptoms less.
What a bummer! I'm such a whole-food solution girl. Do beneficial bacterial help? Things like homemade saurkraut, kimchee, kombucha, all with the live cultures? I'm just trying to learn more here...it sounds like a very problematic issue but luckily you have found the course of action that works!

smartypi
11-30-2012, 03:53 PM
I'm so happy with the IP Diet. I'm excited to have lost 25 lbs. but more importantly my fasting glucose levels and cholesterol are now normal!

Losing weight is terrific but knowing that I am lowering my risk of heart disease and diabetes is even better.

2sweet4u
11-30-2012, 05:12 PM

Really? thats a rule? I didn't know that one! If I am having a really bad day, i usually snack on celery/cucs all day long! hasn't hurt me yet, but my coach never mentioned it, but I never asked either!

scorbett1103
11-30-2012, 05:15 PM
Really? thats a rule? I didn't know that one! If I am having a really bad day, i usually snack on celery/cucs all day long! hasn't hurt me yet, but my coach never mentioned it, but I never asked either!

It's not a rule. Many coaches try to put their own "spin" on IP based on previous dieting experience but it generally has NOTHING to do with ketogenic diets in particular, just old diet tropes. When you get your 3 packets, 4 cups of veggies, and 8oz of protein in is totally dependent on what works best for YOU and YOUR BODY. Nothing else.

rofl306
11-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Spices will become your best friend.

We were just laughing about this at our house today. I have never had so many spices in my life. The cupboard is bursting! This is very weird for a non cook person.

DezD
11-30-2012, 06:22 PM
What a bummer! I'm such a whole-food solution girl. Do beneficial bacterial help? Things like homemade saurkraut, kimchee, kombucha, all with the live cultures? I'm just trying to learn more here...it sounds like a very problematic issue but luckily you have found the course of action that works!

Nope! Tried that too. Only makes my symptoms worst, since the good bacteria is the problem. It's in the wrong part of my intestines.

lisa32989
11-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Nope! Tried that too. Only makes my symptoms worst, since the good bacteria is the problem. It's in the wrong part of my intestines.
What a mess! So glad low carb is the answer!

Hgamroth
11-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Yesterday I was kinda hit with this same thing but the cake wasn't for me. It was the assistant managers Bday so they got her a cake, This is at my second job. I left my first job LATE cuz I had to come back to the clinic someone came AFTER I closed at 3pm so I didn't leave here til 345 and had to be at my second job for 430. I didn't bring anything to eat for supper becuase I was going home to eat supper before going to the second job so after running late thank goodness there is a Subway right next door to my second job. I walked there, got a double chicken chopped salad brought it into the breakroom and ate it. They were all sitting around eating cake and I was eating my salad drinking my water. My assistant came up to me, hugged me, I looked at her and said what is that for? she said I am so proud of what you have done and for you to be able to sit here, eat your salad while we eat cake is just incredible. I said thank you, she started crying....lol...I was like its ok, I am not bothered with it, I am good. She said I know but you are so strong, I told her, it came with time. I am not letting myself get back to where I was....I GOT THIS.....she hugged me again, still crying and went to her office.....she knew me when I was bigger, I worked with her for 15 yrs, This new me, is totally different than the OLD me. I was spunky before but always dressed in shorts and a polo cuz that is all that fit me. Now I am "fashionable" and can wear REGULAR size clothes...so yea I am LOVING this new me, this new body, new attitude.....people notice and that puts a smile on their faces along with mine!!

I was in a very similar situation yesterday. Big birthday celebration and i was chatting and drinking my water. 8 people offered me cake and ice cream and I politely declined. One of my friends came up to me and told me how much she admired my strength and didn't think she could do it. I told her she can resist and I will help. We had a great conversation and I asked her questions about her son. We talked through the entire party. She didn't eat cake and she was so surprised at how she enjoyed herself and didn't miss the cake. It really bugs me though how everyone STILL watches me like a hawk! Are they waiting for me to fail? Waiting to see if I can still resist? Watching to see if I am gaining? I just don't get it!

rofl306
11-30-2012, 07:38 PM
I was in a very similar situation yesterday. Big birthday celebration and i was chatting and drinking my water. 8 people offered me cake and ice cream and I politely declined. One of my friends came up to me and told me how much she admired my strength and didn't think she could do it. I told her she can resist and I will help. We had a great conversation and I asked her questions about her son. We talked through the entire party. She didn't eat cake and she was so surprised at how she enjoyed herself and didn't miss the cake. It really bugs me though how everyone STILL watches me like a hawk! Are they waiting for me to fail? Waiting to see if I can still resist? Watching to see if I am gaining? I just don't get it!

Hopefully they are watching to see if they can learn to be as strong as you are. You look amazing so how could they not be in awe!

Alma4343
11-30-2012, 07:50 PM

Sometimes I think they are watching because they are jealous of your strength and weight loss. It is like they are thinking "I sure wish I could resist all the temptations." I am not generally a jealous person, but I have become envious of other friends losing weight since It has always been my biggest concern. They will quit watching soon. It is so nice you offered to help your friend. I have been reading a lot on how to maintain (yes, not even near goal, but over prepared ;) Anyway, they all talk about helping others with weight loss is really helpful to you in keeping your weight off long term. So, it is great for HER and for YOU that you are mentoring her. You have done so great on this program. Congratulations

scorbett1103
11-30-2012, 08:13 PM

Great job Holly!!! You are definitely an inspiration for others :)

I wonder the same things sometimes - are you watching what I'm eating (or NOT eating) because you're interested? Or because my failure justifies you not even trying? I kind of classify them with the people who tell me "you'll gain it all back and then some". I'm going to make a t-shirt for my 1 year maintenance anniversary that says "How Do Ya Like Me Now???"

Dresa
11-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Per the suggestions of others, I went ahead and ordered 3 pairs of jeans online on Black Friday. Sizes 12, 10, and 8. It took a lot to step out in faith and buy those 8's!!!

I was comfortable in a size 14 just this month. I just tried on the size 12 jeans and they fit great! I'm so excited, especially since this week is my TOM and I am seeing a complete stall on the scale.

I am back to being gung ho and motivated!

Im escaping
11-30-2012, 08:31 PM
I miss peanut butter. Plain and simple, no fancy cravings, would just like some peanut butter.

So...does anyone know, can we have PB2 on phase 2 or 3? That may be my new motivation to stick to it:)....if not just lie to me & tell me the truth when I get there!!

loopers
11-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Well it looks like we're getting a bit of a storm tonight, possibly a dump of snow, and it's bitter cold outside! But it's nice and warm in here, so it's all good...

I spent a few days working in a freezing cold warehouse this week, and it seems you can shiver off the pounds... down 7 lbs this week! Maybe I'll have to spend more time out there.... ;)

Having some friends over tomorrow night, then going to play pool. I have a plan, and have prepared some IP friendly snacks for myself, and stocked up on fizzy water... should be good times!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Willi
11-30-2012, 08:57 PM
Exactly what I was thinking!!! :hug:

Happy birthday!

scorbett1103
11-30-2012, 08:58 PM
I miss peanut butter. Plain and simple, no fancy cravings, would just like some peanut butter.

So...does anyone know, can we have PB2 on phase 2 or 3? That may be my new motivation to stick to it:)....if not just lie to me & tell me the truth when I get there!!

I am 99% sure that you can incorporate Peanut Butter (or PB2) in your Phase 3 breakfasts, and I know I've seen many maintaners post that they use PB in their P4 breakfasts.

scorbett1103
11-30-2012, 08:59 PM
Per the suggestions of others, I went ahead and ordered 3 pairs of jeans online on Black Friday. Sizes 12, 10, and 8. It took a lot to step out in faith and buy those 8's!!!

I was comfortable in a size 14 just this month. I just tried on the size 12 jeans and they fit great! I'm so excited, especially since this week is my TOM and I am seeing a complete stall on the scale.

I am back to being gung ho and motivated!

Woo hoo!!! I haven't been brave enough to go out and buy smaller sizes yet, but I love that my 12's still fit even though I'm stalling too!!

Willi
11-30-2012, 09:00 PM

Welcome to the group! I find opinions vary as to whether people like WF products. I think pretty well everyone likes the pancake syrup. Does your clinic have the sample sizes of WF products (mine does). you could buy a bunch and try the different flavors to see what you like??

Hgamroth
11-30-2012, 09:05 PM
Hopefully they are watching to see if they can learn to be as strong as you are. You look amazing so how could they not be in awe!

Sometimes I think they are watching because they are jealous of your strength and weight loss. It is like they are thinking "I sure wish I could resist all the temptations." I am not generally a jealous person, but I have become envious of other friends losing weight since It has always been my biggest concern. They will quit watching soon. It is so nice you offered to help your friend. I have been reading a lot on how to maintain (yes, not even near goal, but over prepared ;) Anyway, they all talk about helping others with weight loss is really helpful to you in keeping your weight off long term. So, it is great for HER and for YOU that you are mentoring her. You have done so great on this program. Congratulations

Great job Holly!!! You are definitely an inspiration for others :)

I wonder the same things sometimes - are you watching what I'm eating (or NOT eating) because you're interested? Or because my failure justifies you not even trying? I kind of classify them with the people who tell me "you'll gain it all back and then some". I'm going to make a t-shirt for my 1 year maintenance anniversary that says "How Do Ya Like Me Now???"

You all are SO sweet! I know how helpful it is to have support and i will support anyone who needs it. Scorbett, I want that shirt! :)

Good gravy what a day! Very very sad about the school shooting north of us in Casper, WY. Thinking of you MommaHen... I am sure it was rough all around up there. Then, we had a big meth lab bust her in little ol Laramie and then the guy escaped and ran with a weapon so all of the schools were in lockdown! I was worried about my son because he was at an orchestra rehearsal at the high school which is a block away from the meth lab. Everyone is OK, the guy is still at large but my family is home safe. We got home late so my dinner tonight was scrambled eggs and veggies. I was so hungry I was afraid if I didn't eat something quick, I would blow it. I will be starting phase 3 in a couple of days and I am so nervous now. Excited all week, nervous today. Sheesh, so hard to please me... :D Happy Weekend everyone!

whytokay
11-30-2012, 09:24 PM
hello everyone! this is my first post on 3FC and i'm hoping putting it in this location is OK. I've been lurking since I started on Black Friday. I weighed in the Monday and already had lost 5 lbs! I was stoked! I now weigh in every Monday and hopefully it'll keep climbing. I know it won't be as much as 5 every week, but to begin that was awesome to see.

So with my lurking, I wanna say THANK YOU! These posts (all the stickies, huge recipe threads, etc) are entirely way too helpful!!!

I considered ranch a food group, so not having ranch on my lettuce was killing me. I just decided to give up lettuce altogether... After reading about WF and double checking with my coach, I bought some bacon ranch dressing and some ranch dip for my veggies, and I am REALLY impressed and sooo happy I get some ranch.

Also, saw somebody post about cucumber chips and I've had them baking for awhile now (who knows how they'll turn out... i couldn't relocate the exact post so I resorted to a different googled recipe).

The first couple days, I was craving a lot (probably psychological). Anything, you name it. You guys saved me with the Big Mac in a bowl and I'm going to try some cauliflower pizza recipe soon (I should really keep bookmarking these recipes or writing them down ...)

Anyway, I'm so glad I have your guys' support (even though you didn't know it). I'm excited to keep going!

lisa32989
11-30-2012, 09:35 PM
hello everyone! this is my first post on 3FC and i'm hoping putting it in this location is OK. I've been lurking since I started on Black Friday. I weighed in the Monday and already had lost 5 lbs! I was stoked! I now weigh in every Monday and hopefully it'll keep climbing. I know it won't be as much as 5 every week, but to begin that was awesome to see.

So with my lurking, I wanna say THANK YOU! These posts (all the stickies, huge recipe threads, etc) are entirely way too helpful!!!

I considered ranch a food group, so not having ranch on my lettuce was killing me. I just decided to give up lettuce altogether... After reading about WF and double checking with my coach, I bought some bacon ranch dressing and some ranch dip for my veggies, and I am REALLY impressed and sooo happy I get some ranch.

Also, saw somebody post about cucumber chips and I've had them baking for awhile now (who knows how they'll turn out... i couldn't relocate the exact post so I resorted to a different googled recipe).

The first couple days, I was craving a lot (probably psychological). Anything, you name it. You guys saved me with the Big Mac in a bowl and I'm going to try some cauliflower pizza recipe soon (I should really keep bookmarking these recipes or writing them down ...)

Anyway, I'm so glad I have your guys' support (even though you didn't know it). I'm excited to keep going!
:wel3fc:Welcome!!!
I lurked before I even started. Congrats in all your success so far! Sounds like you are totally on the right track!
I copy recipes to my ipad notes where I will locate them easily

scorbett1103
11-30-2012, 10:25 PM
Holly - I'm so glad everyone is safe!

Whytokay - welcome! Sounds like you're off to a great start, this forum is a godsend in so many ways - don't ever hesitate to post when questions come up!

Well it looks like my car saga will not have a happy ending - according to the mechanic the transmission is shot, so the only solutions are either rebuild or full replacement which cost about the same. Either way the repairs are more than the car is worth. So we have to figure out getting into a new-to-us car in the midst of holiday craziness! We are so blessed that my husband's brother has a 2nd car, they have been very gracious to lend it to us until we get this all taken care of. Now I just need to figure out what kind of car to get :)

Hgamroth
11-30-2012, 10:38 PM

Whytokay - welcome! Sounds like you're off to a great start, this forum is a godsend in so many ways - don't ever hesitate to post when questions come up!

Well it looks like my car saga will not have a happy ending - according to the mechanic the transmission is shot, so the only solutions are either rebuild or full replacement which cost about the same. Either way the repairs are more than the car is worth. So we have to figure out getting into a new-to-us car in the midst of holiday craziness! We are so blessed that my husband's brother has a 2nd car, they have been very gracious to lend it to us until we get this all taken care of. Now I just need to figure out what kind of car to get :)

So sorry BUT... whoo hoo! New car!!! Maybe there will be some great deals on 2012 models now that the new models are coming out. Good luck!

Fishette
11-30-2012, 10:49 PM
I've been coveting a Volt, mainly for the idea of not having to pay outrageous prices at the pump.

mightbe
12-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Happy birthday!

Thank you so very much!:hug:

Time2Bfit4life
12-01-2012, 02:01 AM
Hi Ladies,

I'm not on IP but love reading your great ideas and support!

I just wanted to mention that for those of you wanting some great spices without sugar, try Penzy's! I get their catalog and they have a lot of spice blends with no sugar and no salt! Every ingredient is clearly listed so it's easy to know which ones are okay.

Luckily for me, a Penzy's recently opened at my mall and it's fun to go there and smell the spice blends! The catalog is beautiful too.

I am not affiliated with the company, just a happy customer.

JenRem
12-01-2012, 02:58 AM

scorbett - We are in the same position. My 2002 Honda Accord (which I love and is only missing seat warmers) has a transmission that is going out. We are going to need to replace very soon, in the midst of the holiday chaos. Good Luck to you and car shopping. Hopefully, you can find a good honest deal. We're hoping to find a used, low mileage, Honda CRV. Jen:)