Ideal Protein Diet - starting saturday

View Full Version : starting saturday

blondie95us
11-29-2012, 11:07 PM
Hello. I just found this program, have committed to starting Saturday but am very nervous that I will fail.

Feisty1
11-29-2012, 11:28 PM
Welcome! I'm new, too and love this site. At least you had the courage to weigh yourself. I haven't even gotten that far. Scared to see the reality...

Misti in Seattle
11-29-2012, 11:46 PM
Welcome to both of you!! Hope you feel right at home here soon.

penmage
11-29-2012, 11:50 PM
:welcome2:

Don't think about failing- you can't fail, unless you give up forever! Just try your best, and see what happens. :cheer2:

Lakilaulea
11-30-2012, 08:25 AM
Weclome, blondie95us and Feisty1! Don't be afraid of failure. You're making a very difficult change in lifestyle and there will probably be some speedbumps on your journey, but as long as you stay the course, you won't fail. This site has been instrumental in my latest weight loss attempt. 2 months in and I haven't given up yet! I hope this place offers you the same safe haven, encouragement, support, and motivation that it has for me. Join some challenges---it's a new month and we're starting a bunch in the challenges section! Good luck and I look forward to seeing you two around the forum!!

Borgie
11-30-2012, 08:40 AM
I failed many times, before I decided it was time to get it done. If I can do it, so can you. Good luck on your journey!!

SkinnyMinnieMoves
11-30-2012, 08:45 AM
Hi! I just started posting here, even though I hit my goal, but every day is a struggle for maintenance. Never think negatively! Keep a positive attitude and you will get there!

Best of luck :)

Mozzy
11-30-2012, 03:21 PM
Welcome and good luck on your journey!

Time2Bfit4life
12-01-2012, 01:33 AM
Welcome to all the new joiners! I'm pretty new myself and am also a "past failure" but so far this time I'm really on track and hope to get it done this time once and for all. I'm following a high protein, low carb program. I love the WS products and am using mostly that and finishing off some Nutrisystem foods that I have in my cupboards. I find the NS foods are higher in carbs than I want so am switching over to WS.

I think you will find the support here is amazing and the knowledge and information on various plans is very helpful!

We can do this...it just takes commitment, motivation and determination!

eclecticgirl
12-01-2012, 05:50 PM
So how did your first day go?

blondie95us
12-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Well, I moved my start to today, it was rough I have to admit, but getting through it.

NinjaNurse
12-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Welcome! I'm new, too and love this site. At least you had the courage to weigh yourself. I haven't even gotten that far. Scared to see the reality...

Feisty I was the same way. The last time I lost a significant amt of weight, I did not weigh myself ever. I had no idea. I knew I gained it back and was dreading weigh in.
Now I look forward to seeing the number decrease this week. The initial weigh is tough love so to speak. After that, it's an exciting down hill ride.

kileymed13
12-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Well, I moved my start to today, it was rough I have to admit, but getting through it.

Welcome!! Plan ahead, especially your first few days. Visit here if you have any questions and don't be afraid to reach out for support. Have a great week 1!

maezy1
12-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Welcome everyone! I think that many of us have been on diets before. I'm pretty sure Ive been on some diet since I was 4! This time is different for me though. I hope that you will find as much support as I have. The first few days and week are the hardest so once you are done with that you will feel better. I have more energy now than ever and I feel so much better. check in often

Calisto
12-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Welcome! I am on my 4th week if IP, my hubby and I are doing it together (which I think helps me)

Just try and plan ahead, it does help and I am normally HORRIBLE at it! lol

Good luck, I have failed many times on diets but I have to say so far with IP I am doing great, I think seeing the results I have and feeling the way I do helps a LOT to keep me motivated.

And just remember phase 1 is not forever.

az365
12-02-2012, 07:11 PM
You're in the right place to help you succeed.

rofl306
12-02-2012, 07:36 PM
Welcome!

I have been on IP for 19weeks! I find it easier the longer I am on it. Easier to attend parties, easier to say "no thank you", easier to change my life style and my view of food.

Best wishes on your journey and I look forward to watching your successes!

Hgamroth
12-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Welcome!

I have been on IP for 19weeks! I find it easier the longer I am on it. Easier to attend parties, easier to say "no thank you", easier to change my life style and my view of food.

Best wishes on your journey and I look forward to watching your successes!

I agree. The longer you are on plan, the easier it is. I have zero trouble saying "no thank you" at parties and get togethers.

Shedit
12-02-2012, 08:27 PM

My first day was the toughest and after that it has been up hill, so hang in and post/read on here a bunch! I hope you feel great tomorrow with the sun rise!

joysh
12-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Welcome to you all! This program works, as you can see if you browse the threads on this forum. So linger here and ask questions. You are not alone on this journey!:welcome::welcome:

Shedit
12-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Welcome to you all! This program works, as you can see if you browse the threads on this forum. So linger here and ask questions. You are not alone on this journey!:welcome::welcome:

You look incredible Joy thanks for the encouragement.

AZ247
12-03-2012, 06:08 AM
My best advice. Take it one day at a time. Promise yourself in the morning that you WILL NOT cheat. You can do it because its worth it :-)