Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #31  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Molly - keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you. How exciting it will be to have lost 100 pounds! That must take a heck of a lot of discipline and determination.

Dana - glad to hear your health scare turned out OK.

Was talking to someone at work who's been working with a personal trainer on strength building. She says 30 minutes twice a week has made a big difference for her.

What's your routine? Do you work with a trainer? Thinking maybe its time. I am at about 32% body fat at the clinic, but would like to be a bit lower. (My new Omron scale at home measured BF higher - not sure what's up with that!)
Old 12-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I found out that I can retire a month earlier as they will pay me for my vacation since I'm retiring. It's not a use it or lose it situation like if I just quit. I've now asked to retire 1/31. More time to get organized for our move up north. I'm getting real excited now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Well I am doing much better today than the last few days. I had to go for my yearly MRI last month and well to make a long story short they saw some things that needed to be checked out further and in that process they found a suspicious looking growth in my kidney. Well to make an even longer story short I was freaked out that I had kidney cancer for the last couple of days, but thankfully the doctor called late yesterday and it's not cancer. I just need to have another ultrasound in six months to make sure that the cyst isn't changing, and if it does then I will probably opt to have it removed just to be on the safe side. The doctor said I've probably had it for years, but because I had to go in for another test, they accidentally found this. I tell you hitting middle age can really suck sometimes. Anyway, I've been so stressed I had no problem staying on boot camp because when I get stressed I can't eat. However when I did get the good news yesterday we went out to dinner to celebrate and I had a yummy 8oz steak with some steamed brocolli. Now that all is well again I can once again concentrate on the upcoming holidays and going home in about a week to celebrate Hanukkah with the entire family.
You two have both gotten good news this week.

Dana: So sorry you were so scared...and so glad the relief came

Molly: I have a retirement countdown on my phone (already). I'm not as stressed as I was for the past several years but I'd sure be happy to be able to retire and find a retirement job in warmer climes...while you move North! I love the area where you are moving...I spend my summers not too far from there on Grand Traverse Bay. Working from home would work for me!
I have 4.5 years so it is a LONG countdown. I put it on there during one of my MOST stressful times...ever!
Old 12-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #33  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Good morning, all

The curse of getting up for work at 5:50AM Monday through Friday, you're wide awake around that time on Saturday. At least it turned into early morning cookie baking.

I found out that I can retire a month earlier as they will pay me for my vacation since I'm retiring. It's not a use it or lose it situation like if I just quit. I've now asked to retire 1/31. More time to get organized for our move up north. I'm getting real excited now.

WI tomorrow. Send all those good thoughts and the whoosh fairy so I can make my 100# loss mark. I only need to lose 1.6#. Will it taunt me for another week? I've been 100% except maybe a bit short on water. Fingers crossed.

Have a great OP day.
Molly
I'm excited for you on the retirement and the move! Wow, that will be so nice for both of you. I am channeling the whoosh fairy your way.

Okay - skip this if you like it's blah blah poor me talk... but this is what I'm thinking: Work has been in my dreams, and I'm waking up every 3 hours thinking about it. It didn't help that I actually got up at 3 AM and went out and checked my work email and did some work for a hour this morning. Shopping isn't a good way to take my mind off it, as that gets expensive. Maybe I should go to the farm - although that's $60 in gasoline to go. Eating out is not in the picture anymore (that's what our old routine was - comfort foods). Maybe I'll go walking at the mall... (danger danger Will Robinson), oh shopping mecca and food court land of old... but it holds some beginning exercise (walking), things to see (in the warmth of indoors). There' also Molbak's http://www.molbaks.com/in-store.html this is place for oxygen, coffee, and green lush plants and flowers. Sort of like stepping into the jungle, only not as hot. They have a huge set of combined green houses, a couple gift shops with everything from yard maintenance to coffee cups, jewelry, candles, and t-shirts. It's a magnet for people shopping, but I haven't done it in years. They have quite the Christmas Tree displays too, and tons or ornaments. I could maybe allow myself to buy one ornament to commemorate this time in life, in between my old self and the new me that should be maintaining next year by this time. Hey, I could go to the zoo (naw too cold and wet today), or a movie (last time I went I couldn't fit in the seats worth a darn). Anyway, I need to do "something" just not sure what yet. DH would suggest house cleaning I'm sure - ugh. Maybe my sister-in-law is off work today.. I haven't talked to her in a couple weeks, or seen her since July. Text is sent... we'll see if she's free to come play. I'll follow up with what I landed on.

Last edited by Halfagain; 12-01-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #34  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Good morning, all

The curse of getting up for work at 5:50AM Monday through Friday, you're wide awake around that time on Saturday. At least it turned into early morning cookie baking.

WI tomorrow. Send all those good thoughts and the whoosh fairy so I can make my 100# loss mark. I only need to lose 1.6#. Will it taunt me for another week? I've been 100% except maybe a bit short on water. Fingers crossed.

Have a great OP day.
Molly
Sending the whoosh fairy your way...how exciting! And 1/31 will be here before you know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post

Was talking to someone at work who's been working with a personal trainer on strength building. She says 30 minutes twice a week has made a big difference for her.

What's your routine? Do you work with a trainer? Thinking maybe its time. I am at about 32% body fat at the clinic, but would like to be a bit lower. (My new Omron scale at home measured BF higher - not sure what's up with that!)
I work out 3x per week and for no more than 30 minutes, which is more than enough time to lift weights. I don't use a personal trainer as I just met with a trainer when I joined the gym and I told him what I wanted and he told me the best way to get there. I don't do any cardio there, just weights as really that is what will change your body the most. My cardio is mainly just taking the dogs for walks.

----------------------------------------

Happy Saturday everyone! This has been the mildest winter so far here in Austin. Today it's going to be 82 and breezy. I just bought myself a new down jacket as my last jacket was pre-IP and you could fit two me in there now. However with all of these warm days there's no need for it so far. The winter here in Austin is very short as it starts to warm up by early March.

Yesterday I finally broke down and ordered the Omron scale on Amazon. Not sure if I really want to know what it's going to say about me, should be interesting.

Hope y'all have a great day.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #35  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Molly: I have a retirement countdown on my phone (already). I'm not as stressed as I was for the past several years but I'd sure be happy to be able to retire and find a retirement job in warmer climes...while you move North! I love the area where you are moving...I spend my summers not too far from there on Grand Traverse Bay. Working from home would work for me!
I have 4.5 years so it is a LONG countdown. I put it on there during one of my MOST stressful times...ever!
I may be crazy to leave the semi-warm down here (still gets below freezing at times), but neither DH nor I really like it here. I think up there is doable if we don't have to go out in the mornings no matter what to go to work. I hope to just sell things at yard sales and on ebay, help DH with the cars, and garden. Right now there is only dialup connectivity. No DSL, no cable, not even cell service in the area. We will look at satellite, but it's got limitations (had it before). Hope for something to be able to sell on ebay. The big challenge will be hauling everything up there. Still, I'm all excited. Maybe I can make it to goal by this spring. Pounds are hanging on now for dear life.

Molly
Old 12-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #36  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Okay - skip this if you like it's blah blah poor me talk... but this is what I'm thinking: Work has been in my dreams, and I'm waking up every 3 hours thinking about it. It didn't help that I actually got up at 3 AM and went out and checked my work email and did some work for a hour this morning. Shopping isn't a good way to take my mind off it, as that gets expensive. Maybe I should go to the farm - although that's $60 in gasoline to go. Eating out is not in the picture anymore (that's what our old routine was - comfort foods). Maybe I'll go walking at the mall... (danger danger Will Robinson), oh shopping mecca and food court land of old... but it holds some beginning exercise (walking), things to see (in the warmth of indoors). There' also Molbak's http://www.molbaks.com/in-store.html this is place for oxygen, coffee, and green lush plants and flowers. Sort of like stepping into the jungle, only not as hot. They have a huge set of combined green houses, a couple gift shops with everything from yard maintenance to coffee cups, jewelry, candles, and t-shirts. It's a magnet for people shopping, but I haven't done it in years. They have quite the Christmas Tree displays too, and tons or ornaments. I could maybe allow myself to buy one ornament to commemorate this time in life, in between my old self and the new me that should be maintaining next year by this time. Hey, I could go to the zoo (naw too cold and wet today), or a movie (last time I went I couldn't fit in the seats worth a darn). Anyway, I need to do "something" just not sure what yet. DH would suggest house cleaning I'm sure - ugh. Maybe my sister-in-law is off work today.. I haven't talked to her in a couple weeks, or seen her since July. Text is sent... we'll see if she's free to come play. I'll follow up with what I landed on.
Well you definitely need the weekend off of doing ANY work. As I tell my husband, "Leave it at the office." Of course easier said than done with computers at home these days, and in his case, his office is at home. The one good thing that came out of his needing heart surgery is that he is learning that there is a time to turn off work and just enjoy being home. Now most days he shuts down all work related projects by about 5:30 and nothing on the weekend. Nothing like major surgery to give one a little perspective on life.

I love going to the movies, especially now that the seats are nice and roomy again. Go out and enjoy yourself, and whatever you do - don't stay home and house clean. You deserve to go out and have fun.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #37  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Halfagain - I'm feeling antsy too, but ended up cleaning house today. Still not done, but put a big dent in it! (I think it's been nearly 4 years since I've been to the movies!)

Molly - That is awesome news! The end of January will be here before you know it! Ummm - maybe a bit more cookie baking will help burn those pesky lbs away before your next WI! hehehe

I'm really having 2nd thoughts about moving to P3 tomorrow...my scale showed I was up 1.5 lbs this morning! Have to admit that I did have a cheat yesterday, but not enough to cause that gain...Really wondering if I'm mentally ready to move on???? It has been such a struggle the past few weeks to stay OP. Grrrrr - really thought I had this, but now that it's 'P3 Day' tomorrow, my anxiety level is going up up up!

This week I've had a viral infection last week, but now coming down with VIPs bacterial infection, so started antibiotics this morning. Feel a nap coming on soon...have a good weekend...
Old 12-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #38  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Wow this has been a very talkative group since I've been gone the last couple of days, and a new volume too. Thanks Rainbow for starting it once again, especially because your starting page always looks way better than what I could come up with.

Rainbow have a great weekend away, it's sounds like so much fun!. For those of you under the weather...get better soon. Halfagain...almost to 100 pounds lost, that is amazing.

Well I am doing much better today than the last few days. I had to go for my yearly MRI last month and well to make a long story short they saw some things that needed to be checked out further and in that process they found a suspicious looking growth in my kidney. Well to make an even longer story short I was freaked out that I had kidney cancer for the last couple of days, but thankfully the doctor called late yesterday and it's not cancer. I just need to have another ultrasound in six months to make sure that the cyst isn't changing, and if it does then I will probably opt to have it removed just to be on the safe side. The doctor said I've probably had it for years, but because I had to go in for another test, they accidentally found this. I tell you hitting middle age can really suck sometimes. Anyway, I've been so stressed I had no problem staying on boot camp because when I get stressed I can't eat. However when I did get the good news yesterday we went out to dinner to celebrate and I had a yummy 8oz steak with some steamed brocolli. Now that all is well again I can once again concentrate on the upcoming holidays and going home in about a week to celebrate Hanukkah with the entire family.

So today will be my last day of bootcamp.
B: 8oz. of Greek yogurt
L: IP pudding and roasted seaweed
D: IP brocolli and cheese soup and roasted asparagus
s: IP pudding
It's no wonder you were feeling stressed! So glad to hear that all is ok.

Quote:
Good morning, all

Have a great OP day.
Molly
That's great news about your earlier retirement date Molly... and your cookie baking too of course. It's been apparent how much your work is stressing you, and how much you want to retire. January 31st will be here before you know it!!! I'd be moving SOUTH not North - LOL - but everyone's different.

I've got my fingers and toes crossed, and I'm sending good thoughts...prayers...good vibrations... and hopefully the swoosh fairy... your way to help you hit that -100lbs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Molly - keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you. How exciting it will be to have lost 100 pounds! That must take a heck of a lot of discipline and determination.

That's interesting that the clinic scale shows your body fat% lower than your home Omron. I hope that would apply to my situation too. I read recently that one should wait and do the body composition part of the Omron measurements after being up and around for a few hours. Something about water distribution or something being different in the body when we first get up? As I always hop on my scale first thing after getting up, I guess I should make a point to check that out.

I've got the Slow Burn DVDs. Got them specifically because they were recommended to go along with the IP dieting process. But up until recently I haven't been very motivated to do anything with them. I need a kick in the butt! I have been using my elliptical more - but that's cardio.... definitely need to get some weight training in too.

Quote:
I'm excited for you on the retirement and the move! Wow, that will be so nice for both of you. I am channeling the whoosh fairy your way.

Hope you ended up doing something enjoyable today - and not housework!

Quote:
I may be crazy to leave the semi-warm down here (still gets below freezing at times), but neither DH nor I really like it here. I think up there is doable if we don't have to go out in the mornings no matter what to go to work. I hope to just sell things at yard sales and on ebay, help DH with the cars, and garden. Right now there is only dialup connectivity. No DSL, no cable, not even cell service in the area. We will look at satellite, but it's got limitations (had it before). Hope for something to be able to sell on ebay. The big challenge will be hauling everything up there. Still, I'm all excited. Maybe I can make it to goal by this spring. Pounds are hanging on now for dear life.

Molly
I don't blame you for being excited. It's going to come up quickly now. I'm sure you'll be able to find something to sell on ebay... sounds like a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Halfagain - I'm feeling antsy too, but ended up cleaning house today. Still not done, but put a big dent in it! (I think it's been nearly 4 years since I've been to the movies!)

Molly - That is awesome news! The end of January will be here before you know it! Ummm - maybe a bit more cookie baking will help burn those pesky lbs away before your next WI! hehehe

I'm really having 2nd thoughts about moving to P3 tomorrow...my scale showed I was up 1.5 lbs this morning! Have to admit that I did have a cheat yesterday, but not enough to cause that gain...Really wondering if I'm mentally ready to move on???? It has been such a struggle the past few weeks to stay OP. Grrrrr - really thought I had this, but now that it's 'P3 Day' tomorrow, my anxiety level is going up up up!

This week I've had a viral infection last week, but now coming down with VIPs bacterial infection, so started antibiotics this morning. Feel a nap coming on soon...have a good weekend...
I've spent hours recently reading the old archived Maintenance threads, and it seems that almost everyone gets paranoid and worried at this stage. There is some good info in there. I'm sure you'll do great though - you certainly have so far! I'll admit to being somewhat envious of you and Lizzie, having already hit your goal weights and able to move on into maintenance. I'm really hoping that my scale gets moving again with my next weigh in. I've been reminding myself not to worry so much, as that just makes things worse.

Also sorry to hear that you're not feeling well recently.... hope you get feeling better soon.

-----------------

Hi everyone! I suddenly realized that I hadn't checked in here yet today.

Nothing major from my end to report on.... gads, I must lead a boring life... I never have much to report! I woke up wide awake this am at 7am (which is early for me - especially for a Saturday) and for some stupid reason had the urge to sort/organize cupboards! Turfed out a bunch of stuff that I haven't used in ages from my bathroom vanity cupboards, and it's now beautifully clean and organized. Had already re-organized the clothes portion of my clothes closet, but went at the shelves there too. Much neater now. Lots of 'found space'.

I've been keeping strict with my 100% on P1. So far so good. Only problem? is that I feel like exercising and I'm not sure whether it's really a good idea or not. Been using my elliptical more.... I got in the habit during those days when I did my Phase 3 'trial'. Hope I'm not shooting myself in the foot, weight-loss wise.

My menu today is:
Breakfast: Heated Chocolate Truffle Protein Drink.
Lunch: New Hope Mills mix waffle with WF pancake syrup; salad of cucumbers, celery, red pepper, radishes, and scallions.
Dinner: Have a steak marinating, and will eat with combo of spinach and broccoli.
Evng Snack: ProtiDiet Pudding pack.

Guess that's all for now. Hope everyone has had a good Saturday, and a great evening as well. Cheers for now.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Good morning, all

Have a great OP day.
Molly
Yea Molly, your on count down now, and sending you best wishes for hitting that 100 lb mark, WOW! What an accomplishment, your a great motivator, love ya! Teena

Quote:

Ha, this all sounds too familiar, yes get out there and do something fun or you might end up on the couch witch happens to me more often than I like, you deserve some fun girl.

Quote:

Sorry to here your feeling a bit I'll, and your probably just having those scary feelings of change,and it is scary, I know I'm terribly afraid that I'm going to plump right back up! NEVER!!!

Glad everything is ok Dana, wishing you the best.

Hi everpet, your too funny!

Miss you rainbow!

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #40  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I've got my fingers and toes crossed, and I'm sending good thoughts...prayers...good vibrations... and hopefully the swoosh fairy... your way to help you hit that -100lbs!!

I don't blame you for being excited. It's going to come up quickly now. I'm sure you'll be able to find something to sell on ebay... sounds like a good idea.
Quote:

Thanks all for wishing the whoosh fairy my way. We'll see tomorrow.

evepet, I have no problem with finding things for ebay. I've been buying and selling antiques and "junque" for 22 years now as a hobby. You can't imagine how much stuff has gotten piled up and not sold. My house looks like an episode of Hoarders.

All this cleaning frenzy everyone is getting into is shaming me. I just can't get that motivated and organized. I did pull some clothes from the guest room closet that I can now wear over to the master bedroom closet for work. Closet shopping is fun.

Sorry to hear about all the sickness and so glad to hear Dana is safe from any real problems. Please get better soon, all.

Molly
Old 12-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #41  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Greeniris, I'm sure you will make the right decision. I sure can't advise you, but I'm sending the positive thoughts your way.

Today ended up being pretty fun. DH decided I needed company so he dutifully went to the garden/flower store and we shopped for a couple new ornaments. We stopped for lunch at Outback. Then we ended up at Lowe's and I found a new pot for my poor African Violet.

Thanks all for the support. I think tomorrow I'm going to go get my hair cut short! It's shedding either just normally or due to the diet - not sure which. I have taken Biotin for months, but shorter hair will be less of a pain I think. Then, I may just dye it as well... I haven't done that in a few years. We'll see.

Sounds like I got out of the house just in the nick of time! All this talk about cleaning got me thinking maybe I should have done that. Maybe a bit tomorrow.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:51 AM   #42  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Thanks all for wishing the whoosh fairy my way. We'll see tomorrow.

evepet, I have no problem with finding things for ebay. I've been buying and selling antiques and "junque" for 22 years now as a hobby. You can't imagine how much stuff has gotten piled up and not sold. My house looks like an episode of Hoarders.
Molly
Now that you've reminded me, I seem to recall you saying a while back that you've been a collector and seller of "junque' for quite some time. I've always thought that it sounds like a fun and profitable way to make some extra cash.

Quote:
Greeniris, I'm sure you will make the right decision. I sure can't advise you, but I'm sending the positive thoughts your way.

Today ended up being pretty fun. DH decided I needed company so he dutifully went to the garden/flower store and we shopped for a couple new ornaments. We stopped for lunch at Outback. Then we ended up at Lowe's and I found a new pot for my poor African Violet.

Thanks all for the support. I think tomorrow I'm going to go get my hair cut short! It's shedding either just normally or due to the diet - not sure which. I have taken Biotin for months, but shorter hair will be less of a pain I think. Then, I may just dye it as well... I haven't done that in a few years. We'll see.

Sounds like I got out of the house just in the nick of time! All this talk about cleaning got me thinking maybe I should have done that. Maybe a bit tomorrow.
Sounds like you had a fun day. Nice of hubby to keep you company. Looking forward to seeing your new 'do'.

-----------------------

I'm up unusually late for me because I got sidetracked ordering some Christmas gifts online tonight. Just when I was thinking it was time to go to bed, I got leafing through the latest Canadian Tire flyer and saw some things that looked like good gift ideas...wanted to do some comparison shopping online.. and suddenly I'm realizing it's been two and a half hours I've been looking at stuff online. But I've found items that I actually like even better, at good prices, etc., and the order is placed. Should be delivered by the end of this week. Gotta love online shopping. I will still likely go to Canadian Tire tomorrow, to take advantage of the current good price on a couple of items that I actually need...I guess they'll end up being Christmas presents to myself. LOL.

My bed is definitely calling now though. Good night all.

Last edited by evepet; 12-02-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:18 AM   #43  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Just wanted to say hi and post my new picture. Today was the Christmas Festival here in Natchitoches, LA. Parades, (Louisiana style), parties, 80,000 people come to town, lots of food everywhere, fireworks, all the streets closed to cars, and lots of fun. If you've ever seen the original Steel Magnolias movie, it's that Christmas Festival - and that's our town.

Anyway, picture me drinking my chocolate RTD as I watch the parade with bunches of friends, eating my IP white cheddar chips from the shiny silver packet as I walk down among the fried food frenzy. I was absolutely fine!

The new picture is what I wore today and, of course, the beads are beads that were thrown from the floats, Mardi Gras-style.

I don't know why I'm still up. It's time for sleep. More soon.

Quote:
Soooooo since Wii is Christmas... I may still get something special for the 100 lb mark (hopefully next week). Probably a bracelet I'm thinking.
Wow!! the 100-pound mark! That's fantastic!

And Molly is also nearing the 100 pound mark! So wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jampooh View Post
Went shopping in my closet last night. Found that some of my favorite things now fit ( and will fit better after about 5-10 more pounds). Many of them perfect for the Holidays.
Oh, shopping in the closet is the best. I'm now on the last batch of clothes in my closet. Also had a friend gift me with 4 pairs of pants (great ones including brown jeans from Chico) that she outgrew. She lost 15 pounds and her 12s are too big. They fit me now, but I think they'll be too big for me in 3-4 weeks!

Whew! Glad it all turned out ok, Dana! I'm sure that was very scary.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:45 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 136/120/115

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, everyone. Rainbow is going to kick me - I've been a bad private - didn't check in yesterday....oops. Busy decorating the house, inside and out, as well as wrapping gifts all day long and didn't get on the computer. Soooo, my report: lost between 1 - 1/2 pounds since starting "reporting in" on Monday - depending on how "the scale is feeling!" Stayed 100 percent OP yesterday, and hoping that will have another slight drop before I go for my official WI Monday.

Dana, I am SO HAPPY that your results came back with a NEGATIVE for C...whew, what a relief!

Molly - congrats on an earlier RETIREMENT!!!!!

Joysn - my son is graduating with his masters from Northwestern 2 weeks from yesterday. I LOVE Natchitoches - such a cute town. I went to the Christmas Festival last year when he was just starting. We'll all be back for graduation on the 14th!

Hope everyone has a wonderful and OP Sunday!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:40 AM   #45  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Sorry for the long rant about nothing. just trying to get into work mode.
it was -20 here last night and our ancient kitty Harriet had me up several times in the night. She cannot believe the cold and snow has come again and will not use her litter box. She kept howling at me to open the door so she could check if it had warmed up any. She finally gave up and ran out quickly to pee. Now she's all cuddled up in front of the gas fireplace to sleep the day away.
Pat
Try 'Cat Attract' cat litter, that is a good brand to try with cats who do not want to use the box. I have a cat with such sensitive paws that I have to rip up Viva paper towels for her to use in a small litter box. It is usually the litter that causes that issue, but sometimes placement of the box is also an issue if they do not feel safe where the box is. Good luck!
Closed Thread