Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Thursday 11/29/2012

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Thursday 11/29/2012

lisa32989
11-29-2012, 08:03 AM
:welcome3:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

sonyainva
11-29-2012, 08:44 AM
Good morning ladies

at the official weigh in i lost 0.6, my fat went down from 38.70 to 37.80 and my muscle went up from 25.2 to 25.8. If those numbers are correct I now have more muscle than when I started out. I started at 25.0 muscles.

15 more to go, trying to really hit it on the nail 100%

did six week six pack by jillian michael's last night and this morning

i am not worried about the number on the scale, i want the muffin top zapped! building muscles is an added bonus. i will be able to eat more avacado on p4!

ragdoll74
11-29-2012, 08:54 AM
Good job Sonya! It will be nice to be able to eat avacados again =)

You are closer to that than I am though.

sonyainva
11-29-2012, 08:58 AM
Ragdoll, you will get there, I plan on being on the boards for years to come, i am seeing a pattern, folks who stay active on the boards are more conscious and able to maintain the loss

Shedit congrats on the 4 pound loss!

AliciaMichelle, Las vegas you can stay OP, take your shakes and restricted, you can do this.

I just realized I completed 9 weeks WITH NO SUGAR :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:, calls for a celebration!!

AleciaMichelle
11-29-2012, 10:21 AM
Thanks ragdoll74! I had my WI today. It's been two weeks since my clinic was closed over thanksgiving but I'm down 6.8lbs for the two weeks! That's a total loss of 14.8lbs! I'm finding I hover around each ten pound increment and then WOW it's like it whooshes off. I'm feeling more confident about Vegas. They're saying we will have mini fridges as well as paid transportation to the grocery store. Anyone have any raw veggie suggestions? I'm so proud to be a part of this community and know others are there to support and to inspire bc of all the hard work and pay off y'all have WORKED for and achieved!

sonyainva
11-29-2012, 10:28 AM
Congrats on your loss ALicia, you can definitely do Vegas, lot of stuff available in the hotel or walking distance.

you could bake kale chips ahead of time and take with you

I am trying to take deep breaths and not freak out over smaller losses, the upside is that the longer it takes to P4 the more break my pancreas will get without sugar, insulin spikes. win win.

Had stopped taking Vitamin D and biotin last 2 weeks, yesterday a bunch of hair fell out, back to biotin it is

maezy1
11-29-2012, 10:43 AM
I have tickets to Bayou Country Superfest in May!!!!!!!!!!!!! Zac Brown, Miranda Lambert, Lady Antebellum, Darius Rucker and more....SO excited!!!!

Congrats to all. The losses and achievements help motivate me so much.For some reason I need that motivation today. I want too much non IP food. Hopefully I wont. I can do this

sonyainva
11-29-2012, 10:48 AM
maezy, keep the end goal in mind

all those non ip things you crave will be right there for you, reset your pancreas, get your body in a healthy state, go through all the phases and then on your free day you can eat all those things you missed out on!

djs06
11-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Yes you can, Maezy! Motivation can wax and wane-even when you're getting good results! I know mine does on a daily basis! But just keep on keepin' on. You're doing great.

sonya, that's great! Isn't it funny how we think 'no sugar??? impossible!' And then here we are, weeks later, feeling so much better. It's a matter of putting one foot in front of the other until you've walked 10 miles, I guess. Seems overwhelming but every day you do it makes it easier to have one more tomorrow.

Congrats on the great loss, Alecia!

Onyxmom
11-29-2012, 11:14 AM
Maezy, I'm jealous! Would LOVE to see all those artists together.

You came to the right place for motivation. I look here for mine, too.

Dresa
11-29-2012, 11:16 AM
I've been stuck at 188 for the last few days. TOM hit on Monday, which is also my WI day. I've been super frustrated, but trying to remember that I can't control it and to just let it pass. How long does the scale stay stubborn for others at their TOM?

Alma4343
11-29-2012, 11:29 AM
I've been stuck at 188 for the last few days. TOM hit on Monday, which is also my WI day. I've been super frustrated, but trying to remember that I can't control it and to just let it pass. How long does the scale stay stubborn for others at their TOM?

I am sure you keep reading here, but don't stress the scale. Especially since it looks like you are a daily weigher. If it stresses you out, you should really just go to weekly weigh in days. If you are on plan, it will move when your body is ready. Weight loss and weight gain are not linear. I weigh every day too, but don't let it stress me out. I do remember at one point I stayed the same weight for 10 days. My losses tend to come in one of 2 days and I stay the same most of the week. Even go up on some days. Good luck! You are doing great. Don't stress ;)

Great weight losses around here these days, very inspirational.

Alma4343
11-29-2012, 11:32 AM
I have tickets to Bayou Country Superfest in May!!!!!!!!!!!!! Zac Brown, Miranda Lambert, Lady Antebellum, Darius Rucker and more....SO excited!!!!

Congrats to all. The losses and achievements help motivate me so much.For some reason I need that motivation today. I want to much on non IP. Hopefully I wont. I can do this

I would love to see the Zac Brown Band, but does not look like they will be near Seattle this year. I did see Lady Antebellum and Darius Rucker together last year and it was so much fun! Have fun.

ddpaddler
11-29-2012, 11:42 AM
I have my WI this afternoon. I'm just getting the hang of Phase 3 and continue to lose alittle weight every few days. I'v kicked up my exercise, last WI involved a loss of muscle mass, so I have been concentrating on making sure I have protein supplement after exercise. I'm hoping for a gain in muscle mass tonight. Still trying to get rid of the muffin top ( it is alot smaller than it was, but when I look in the mirror I still see it!)

Lulu64
11-29-2012, 11:54 AM
Hi everyone.
I am getting a little discouraged, My husband and I have been on IP for almost 5 weeks. We had our weight in yesterday, my husband has lost 10 pounds in two weeks, I only lost 2.4. But the good thing is I have lost 25 inches and he only lost 8. so that was some reward :) Why am I having so much trouble with the weight? We eat exactly the same thing and the same amount. I'm Puzzled. Can anyone help?:?:

LizRR
11-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Ragdoll, you will get there, I plan on being on the boards for years to come, i am seeing a pattern, folks who stay active on the boards are more conscious and able to maintain the loss

I just realized I completed 9 weeks WITH NO SUGAR :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:, calls for a celebration!!

I definitely plan on sticking around through thick & thin...hopefully thin!!! One of the traits of successful maintenance is group support, and yall are definitely my support!

I had an 11-day stick before...it happens, it was also followed by a 5lb whooshathon. It can be frustrating, but as long as you stick with it..you will lose. You are fighting 100's of 1000's of years of evolution, your body wants to hold on for dear life but will eventually give up!

wuv2bloved
11-29-2012, 11:58 AM
Hi everyone.
I am getting a little discouraged, My husband and I have been on IP for almost 5 weeks. We had our weight in yesterday, my husband has lost 10 pounds in two weeks, I only lost 2.4. But the good thing is I have lost 25 inches and he only lost 8. so that was some reward :) Why am I having so much trouble with the weight? We eat exactly the same thing and the same amount. I'm Puzzled. Can anyone help?:?:

All I am going to say is MEN!!......they lose faster, no matter what....YOUR ONLY is 2.4lb LESS than you were carrying around be proud of that....NO discouraging!!

LizRR
11-29-2012, 12:00 PM
Hi everyone.

Hes a man, you cant even begin to try to compare your loss with his, and honestly dont compare with anyone else. You lose at your own pace, we are all different. Men have more muscle mass and different hormone levels that are more conducive to losing...not fair, but its a fact. The guys totally blow through IP.

ETA: My response was written assuming you are female.

rofl306
11-29-2012, 12:02 PM
What great losses and motivation I have read the last couple of days! Congrats to all of you that keep positive! For those of you struggling, remember that you have choices. Following the program is a choice that you make so don't fight with yourself.

I am at the hair salon getting my roots touched up and a trim or cut - I haven't decided. It is so good to look in the mirror and recognize myself looking back. I sure never felt those extra pounds were mine.

Have a GREAT day everyone!

Kay2012
11-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Today was WI Week #11. I lost 1.8 lbs. I'm happy about that loss. I thought I was going to lose more but TOM came for a visit. Oh well, 1.8 gone forever!

cbl70
11-29-2012, 12:10 PM
I definitely plan on sticking around through thick & thin...hopefully thin!!! One of the traits of successful maintenance is group support, and yall are definitely my support!

Ditto! I would not have been able to make this IP journey without yall for support. And you all are even more important to me now that I've made it to maintenance.

NinjaNurse
11-29-2012, 12:12 PM
All I am going to say is MEN!!......they lose faster, no matter what....YOUR ONLY is 2.4lb LESS than you were carrying around be proud of that....NO discouraging!!

HA HA MEN was literally the 1st word that came to mind. My husband does do manual labor but lives on the 3 C's Carbs, cereal, and chocolate. He's lost weight, his b/p and cholesterol are low.

Stick with it!! Don't let his loss discourage you. It's just the way we are made.

djs06
11-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Dresa, hang in there!! It's so frustrating but it happens to (most) of us.

my pattern is...

Right before TOM: up, up...
TOM day one: up more...
TOM day two: up more again...
TOM day three: steady
TOM day four: down a little bit
TOM day five: whoosh

Sometimes even the day after it's down a little bit more.

I can be up anywhere from 3-7 pounds (more before IP when I was eating without abandon, lol). It stinks but it feels nice to see it gone (plus more!) within a week :)

greeniris
11-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Hi all - it's a beautiful wintry morning here in northern MI!

Had my WI this morning and lost another 2.5 lbs & 1.5" while on P2! My coach & I decided I would start P3 on Sunday! Can't believe how fast the last 6 months on IP has gone! I did change my goal weight from 135 to 140 (and that is what my home scale shows - 140). Could not have done this without everyone one here on 3FC, so THANK YOU all! Your support, ideas, sharing & discussions have all been invaluable! LizRR - tonight I'm going to 'study' your P3 breakfast thread. Need to get all my breakfasts planned and a new grocery list started. Wuv - your determination has been a huge inspiration to me. Thank you, and congratulations on your awesome achievements!
I too am going to stick around through 'thick & thin' to help me maintain. No reward for me until I've maintained for one full year - then a full spa day :D

RE: men losing faster than women - so unfair, but fact. Hang in there Lulu64 - your time will come!

Have a great OP day!

NinjaNurse
11-29-2012, 12:27 PM
Why am I upset about this ???

I ordered this tunic (I believe) the MIDDLE of October. Started IP the end of October. It was on back order and I forgot about it 1/2 the time. Right before Thanksgiving, I called the company and asked about the back order. I also asked about changing the size. I had to go to work so once I got the info and a little run around, (they are usually good,but when I talk to the CS who's a guy, he's clueless) I thought I will follow-up tomorrow. Well, even though the guy on the phone said it was back ordered for a few more days, it was shipped the very next day. Size 22.
I figured I would try it anyway, you know how brands all fit different. Well, it was huge. About 2+inches on each side. It's so soft and pretty, I thought I'll keep it, use it as a dress with black tights and boots (I don't own;)).
Well, I decided to call this morning and order an 18. By the time I get it, who knows how the 20 will fit. Of course, it's a popular item. The 18 is out of stock with no back order noted at this time.
Should I wait or just send it back?? It's so pretty IRL, but at this rate, it might be Spring when I can order it and what size will I need then?? I still have 30 days to think about it.

http://www.simplybe.com/content/ebiz/simplybeusa/invt/vx184tc/vx184_greyprint_s.jpg

ragdoll74
11-29-2012, 12:34 PM
You might not be able to wear it even as a dress with leggings. The shoulder seams ends up on your arm when the shirt is 2 sizes too large.

NinjaNurse
11-29-2012, 01:01 PM
You might not be able to wear it even as a dress with leggings. The shoulder seams ends up on your arm when the shirt is 2 sizes too large.

True. I am short so any tunic is like a dress on me, so that's where my mind was. I think it is more of me winning against the "NO" I can't have it.:dizzy::o

Dresa
11-29-2012, 01:02 PM
Dresa, hang in there!! It's so frustrating but it happens to (most) of us.

my pattern is...

Right before TOM: up, up...
TOM day one: up more...
TOM day two: up more again...
TOM day three: steady
TOM day four: down a little bit
TOM day five: whoosh

Sometimes even the day after it's down a little bit more.

I can be up anywhere from 3-7 pounds (more before IP when I was eating without abandon, lol). It stinks but it feels nice to see it gone (plus more!) within a week :)

This is exactly what I needed to see/hear! Thanks djs06!!!!!

JenRem
11-29-2012, 01:02 PM

I ordered this tunic (I believe) the MIDDLE of October. Started IP the end of October. It was on back order and I forgot about it 1/2 the time. Right before Thanksgiving, I called the company and asked about the back order. I also asked about changing the size. I had to go to work so once I got the info and a little run around, (they are usually good,but when I talk to the CS who's a guy, he's clueless) I thought I will follow-up tomorrow. Well, even though the guy on the phone said it was back ordered for a few more days, it was shipped the very next day. Size 22.
I figured I would try it anyway, you know how brands all fit different. Well, it was huge. About 2+inches on each side. It's so soft and pretty, I thought I'll keep it, use it as a dress with black tights and boots (I don't own;)).
Well, I decided to call this morning and order an 18. By the time I get it, who knows how the 20 will fit. Of course, it's a popular item. The 18 is out of stock with no back order noted at this time.
Should I wait or just send it back?? It's so pretty IRL, but at this rate, it might be Spring when I can order it and what size will I need then?? I still have 30 days to think about it.

http://www.simplybe.com/content/ebiz/simplybeusa/invt/vx184tc/vx184_greyprint_s.jpg

NinjaNurse - That's a tough call. I guess my decision would be based somewhat on the cost. If it was really expensive, I'd probably just return. If the price wasn't outrageous, I would probably order a much smaller size (closer to goal) and have that as a "carrot" and a reward for losing more weight. I have a closet with some clothes I bought over the past 10-20 years that were "a little too tight" because I always planned on losing weight (not gaining). Today is a new day and we know from all the success with IP and the proof on this site, you would be able to wear it in the future when you lose closer to your goal! Just an idea. Good Luck with your decision! Jen

Dresa
11-29-2012, 01:05 PM

I had an 11-day stick before...it happens, it was also followed by a 5lb whooshathon. It can be frustrating, but as long as you stick with it..you will lose. You are fighting 100's of 1000's of years of evolution, your body wants to hold on for dear life but will eventually give up!

11 days!?! Ok, that certainly puts things in perspective. Patience, patience, patience...

DezD
11-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Well.....I'm back after a long break and after gaining back almost 20lbs. I went through quite a bit this year with my husband being in and out of the hospital while undergoing chemo treatments. I definitely put my health on hold for a while and use the lack of time and resources as an excuse to eat with reckless abandon. He passed away in September and for the past two months or so I didn't pay much attention to my eating. I have been back on the diet for about a week and a half and am down a couple of pounds. I haven't gone back to my IP clinic (except to buy food), because I don't want to see just how much damage I did with my body fat until I get closer to where I was before.

ragdoll74
11-29-2012, 01:31 PM
DezD- I'm so sorry for your loss.

Debrasb
11-29-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm feeling more confident about Vegas. They're saying we will have mini fridges as well as paid transportation to the grocery store. Anyone have any raw veggie suggestions? I'm so proud to be a part of this community and know others are there to support and to inspire bc of all the hard work and pay off y'all have WORKED for and achieved!

I too am heading to Vegas next week (from DC) -- a two-day work trip. For veggies, I'm planning on taking a whack of Persian cucumbers. They are small and I can eat them without having to cut them up. Same with some mini-peppers. Easy to snack on. Not so exciting I realize, but it'll get the job done.

jmuroff1
11-29-2012, 01:45 PM
Not feeling so well this morning. Some congestion, coughing, and nausea...any suggestions. I been drinking green tea and water....trying hard to stay OP but when Im sick like this pho cures it....so everyone wish me luck lol. I can hardly keep anything down :(

ready4thin
11-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Not feeling so well this morning. Some congestion, coughing, and nausea...any suggestions. I been drinking green tea and water....trying hard to stay OP but when Im sick like this pho cures it....so everyone wish me luck lol. I can hardly keep anything down :(

I know exactly how you feel! :?: I myslef am not feeling well today either...same symptoms as you and the last thing I feel like doing is having something to eat. All I want to do is crack open some ginger ale and lay in bed or make some tea with honey and neither of those are an option while on this diet. I am sure that we will both get over this. I am just drinking some regular tea and trying my best to get what food I can into me knowing that it will pass!

I hope you feel better soon!

Lizzy63
11-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Hi all - it's a beautiful wintry morning here in northern MI!

Had my WI this morning and lost another 2.5 lbs & 1.5" while on P2! My coach & I decided I would start P3 on Sunday! Can't believe how fast the last 6 months on IP has gone! I did change my goal weight from 135 to 140 (and that is what my home scale shows - 140). Could not have done this without everyone one here on 3FC, so THANK YOU all! Your support, ideas, sharing & discussions have all been invaluable! LizRR - tonight I'm going to 'study' your P3 breakfast thread. Need to get all my breakfasts planned and a new grocery list started. Wuv - your determination has been a huge inspiration to me. Thank you, and congratulations on your awesome achievements!
I too am going to stick around through 'thick & thin' to help me maintain. No reward for me until I've maintained for one full year - then a full spa day :D

RE: men losing faster than women - so unfair, but fact. Hang in there Lulu64 - your time will come!

Have a great OP day!

Greeniris - way to go - you are gonna love phase 3. Be sure to check out those recipes... LizRR has some great ideas!

I would go with a much smaller size. Sometimes,especially early on, it seemed I could drop a size in 1 - 2 weeks!

Well.....I'm back after a long break and after gaining back almost 20lbs. I went through quite a bit this year with my husband being in and out of the hospital while undergoing chemo treatments. I definitely put my health on hold for a while and use the lack of time and resources as an excuse to eat with reckless abandon. He passed away in September and for the past two months or so I didn't pay much attention to my eating. I have been back on the diet for about a week and a half and am down a couple of pounds. I haven't gone back to my IP clinic (except to buy food), because I don't want to see just how much damage I did with my body fat until I get closer to where I was before.

So sorry for your loss! And welcome back!

bttrhalf
11-29-2012, 02:12 PM

if you really love the tunic you might want to take it somewhere to have it taken in, I'm doing that with some clothes that I really like and don't want to get rid of.:hug:

jmuroff1
11-29-2012, 02:21 PM
I know exactly how you feel! :?: I myslef am not feeling well today either...same symptoms as you and the last thing I feel like doing is having something to eat. All I want to do is crack open some ginger ale and lay in bed or make some tea with honey and neither of those are an option while on this diet. I am sure that we will both get over this. I am just drinking some regular tea and trying my best to get what food I can into me knowing that it will pass!

I hope you feel better soon!

thanks hun im glad im not alone...i been drinking water and green tea with one splenda to see if that helps and eating very slowly lol...i hope you feel better and yes we will surpass this! i will not allow a gain at my weigh in tomorrow!!!:hug::hug::hug::hug:

southern
11-29-2012, 02:24 PM
i'm reading the maintenance vol 7 thread and the reboot thread. is there anyone still posting here who didnt have to go back into the phases or eating packets occasionally to maintain their losses?

greeniris
11-29-2012, 02:26 PM
NinjaNurse - personally, I would send it back and not worry about it until you are at your goal weight. Lizzy63 is right, there will be times you're going to be dropping sizes almost weekly. No sense buying new &/or expensive clothes you will only be able to wear for such a short time. I've gotten some awesome clothes at 2nd hand stores, some brand new, including a full length leather coat in excellent condition for $10!

DezD - I am so sorry for your loss. Can't imagine just how difficult it must be for you. (I'm glad you're back to taking care of yourself now.) And I wouldn't be afraid to go back to your coach - with everything you've been through, they ought to be very supportive.

Lots of bugs going around - both VIP & I have been sick too. Ugh...

NinjaNurse
11-29-2012, 02:34 PM

So sorry for your loss. You look beautiful in all your pics. Welcome back!

NinjaNurse
11-29-2012, 02:36 PM
thanks hun im glad im not alone...i been drinking water and green tea with one splenda to see if that helps and eating very slowly lol...i hope you feel better and yes we will surpass this! i will not allow a gain at my weigh in tomorrow!!!:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Do you have an ginger tea?? Ginger is great for nausea.
Feel better, both of you!!

AnnaBoBanna
11-29-2012, 02:39 PM
Hi everyone, I haven't been posting much lately.

Very stressful times happening. I just got accepted into a nursing program to further my education, and of course they want money and health info and blah blah ASAP. I've been running around getting everything together, taking out loans, aand just driving myself crazy.

Unfortunately I won't be able to continue IP because my money is being drained by school, and I have to cut down my work hours. I think I am going to phase off for a bit and then jump in with alternatives after the holidays. I am going to try my hardest to maintain while off IP. Just so stressed about school, money, health.

I am thankful for the opportunities that have presented themselves, though. Just taking it one step at a time!

NinjaNurse
11-29-2012, 02:39 PM
Thank you all for letting me indulge in my whining............There is no other choice but to send it back. There is no way I am going to fit into it.
I'll keep checking the site as time goes on and see what happens. I get discount emails and postcards all the time.

greeniris: There is a consignment shop right near my clinic. I have seen a lot of pretty items on display there and I do think, one day!!!

djs06
11-29-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm so so sorry for your loss, DezD.

:grouphug:

Momto2cs
11-29-2012, 03:40 PM
i'm reading the maintenance vol 7 thread and the reboot thread. is there anyone still posting here who didnt have to go back into the phases or eating packets occasionally to maintain their losses?

I believe most of use use packets or later natives as part of out long term diet. I love the ip soup and still have it for lunch on weekdays as it is so easy. And my dh is still losing, so I am supporting him.

I believe I could have a more regular diet without packets, but to maintain my weight I really need to keep the carbs quite low.

southern
11-29-2012, 03:54 PM
I believe most of use use packets or later natives as part of out long term diet. I love the ip soup and still have it for lunch on weekdays as it is so easy. And my dh is still losing, so I am supporting him.

I believe I could have a more regular diet without packets, but to maintain my weight I really need to keep the carbs quite low.

thank you for answering!

Suchawittygal
11-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Dez, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. My deepest condolences, you look absolutely beautiful in your pictures.

I'm having a kind of down day. I've been stuck at 171.6 for the past four days and then when I got on the scale today, I was up to 172.1 :( For some reason, on ANY diet I do, my body ALWAYS stalls out just before I hit the 160's I don't know what it is...and this is always the time I get discouraged and just quit. Not in a good place today :(

maezy1
11-29-2012, 04:10 PM
DezD I am so sorry for your loss. You are beautiful!!!! I hope being back here gives you some support and comfort.

Annabobanna - I'm in a similar dilemma with figuring out how to do IP without IP. For me its very overwhelming right now and very discouraging. The alternatives link almost made it more difficult. Guess my mind needs more time to handle it. Im tyring for an alternative start date of January

Alliegirl17
11-29-2012, 04:26 PM
DezD - I am so sorry for your loss!! My prayers are with you and your family! Your pictures are beautiful! :)

Hey all -- well, the last 3 weeks have been kind of a rollercoaster, between traveling for work and the holiday. So, I haven't weighed in with my coach for 3 weeks. Today was WI and I was down 6.8 lbs!!! I was so excited that even though I wasn't fully on plan, I still lost!!! :) That was definitely very exciting to me. I have restarted and fully back on as of today. It is a great day!!

I am a HUGE PUMPKIN LOVER!!!! And around this time of the year that is ALL that is around, pumpkin bread/bars, etc ... Does anyone have any recipes for a little treat? My coach was telling me of one that wasn't on IP, but wouldn't be bad if you just had a little. :)

New Englander
11-29-2012, 04:30 PM
DezD, I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear husband. Thinking of you... <3

JenRem
11-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Dez, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. My deepest condolences, you look absolutely beautiful in your pictures.

I'm having a kind of down day. I've been stuck at 171.6 for the past four days and then when I got on the scale today, I was up to 172.1 :( For some reason, on ANY diet I do, my body ALWAYS stalls out just before I hit the 160's I don't know what it is...and this is always the time I get discouraged and just quit. Not in a good place today :(

Suchawittygal - You know those cartoons where the angel is on one shoulder and the devil is on the other shoulder and they are both whispering thoughts in your ear. Well, the devil is telling you that "there is know way you'll ever get in the 160's. Why bother trying, you're just going to fail and make a fool of yourself again. Everyone around you knows it's a waste of time and look at all the wonderful holiday foods you're missing out on in the meantime!" Your IP family is the angel on your other shoulder. This is who you need to be listening to. In fact, why don't you have the angel go knock the devil off and when he lands on the ground - step on him!
You CAN do this and you WILL do this and get to the 160's! My challenge to you is take the scale and drop it off at your neighbors or a friends. Don't step on a scale (unless it's at WI at the clinic) for 2 weeks. I will guarantee you'll be in the 160's by then. What is a lousy 2 weeks; they'll be gone before you know it (esp with the Holiday rush)! This is a HUGE step for you. You NEED to prove to yourself that you can get to the 160's and don't allow yourself to wallow in this mountain of a stall you've dreamed yourself into. Good Luck! Jen

DezD - my heart goes out to you. I'm so deeply sorry for your loss. I truly hope you have a wonderful support system around you. Please, know that your IP family here on 3FC want to be your on-line support system!
The stress and emotional roller coaster that you've been on for the last year has to have been a wild heartbreaking exhausting ride. I believe the last thing you had time to take care of for the past year was yourself and that is totally 100% understandable. You need to give yourself all the grace you would offer anyone else in this situation if the roles were reversed. You did what you had to do to survive over that year, and if that means "eat with reckless abandon", well so be it. Today is a new day and although you no longer have your DH to physically share your life with - you can start to take time to care for yourself now and feel good about it. Whatever "damage" you may have done can totally be turned around. I find our bodies are often very forgiving to us. I agree with the other poster..... if you plan to go back to a clinic, then do so now and move forward full steam ahead with IP. You have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. I am so impressed that you've been back on IP for a week and a 1/2. I think that shows so much character - I know I probably would have used the "excuse card" a little longer and waited until AFTER the holidays. Welcome home to IP. I'm so excited to have you joining us (I'm a somewhat newbie and there are many wonderful new newbies and gurus around). xoxo Jen :hug:

Very stressful times happening. I just got accepted into a nursing program to further my education, and of course they want money and health info and blah blah ASAP. I've been running around getting everything together, taking out loans, aand just driving myself crazy.

Unfortunately I won't be able to continue IP because my money is being drained by school, and I have to cut down my work hours. I think I am going to phase off for a bit and then jump in with alternatives after the holidays. I am going to try my hardest to maintain while off IP. Just so stressed about school, money, health.

I am thankful for the opportunities that have presented themselves, though. Just taking it one step at a time!

AnnaBoBanna - Congrats on your acceptance into the nursing program; good for you! Yes, life is stressful and continuing your education while still having to be an adult and pay bills ranks pretty high up there. You will do fine on alternatives and you can and will get just as much support here on 3FC. Make yourself a commitment that no matter how busy you get with school/studies that you'll log on for "x" minutes daily. Don't let the days go by until they turn to weeks before logging on. It seems for the maintenance IPers that when they "allow" themselves to unplug from here, is when they start down that slippery slope of regaining. Give yourself a lot of grace during this time and don't go backwards - you've worked too hard to get where your at NOW. Even if you don't lose weight as fast during school (and on alternatives), you'll be amazed at how much you can still lose over a long period of time when you have to be so focused on school. Just get in a comfortable routine with the alternatives, like you've found on IP foods.
If you phase off and have some holiday food before you start alternatives in the new year, try to make conscious choices and and be determined to be present in the moment when you make those choices (no hypnotic pigging out in front of the TV -lol, I speak from experience). I know you'll do well. I have really enjoyed your posts and you've been an inspiration to me. In fact, I'm looking forward to the day when you meet your goal and reward yourself with skydiving; it will be well worth the wait and effort. Jen :hug:

To everyone else - sorry for the long responses, but I was feeling very passionate!

NinjaNurse
11-29-2012, 04:42 PM

This always breaks my heart. This program is so expensive and it's sad because it really works. I still say the problem of obesity is still considered a money maker and not a true medical condition. I am sure you will do fine on alternatives. I am going to go on them eventually myself. (((Hugs)))

AleciaMichelle
11-29-2012, 04:43 PM
I too am heading to Vegas next week (from DC) -- a two-day work trip. For veggies, I'm planning on taking a whack of Persian cucumbers. They are small and I can eat them without having to cut them up. Same with some mini-peppers. Easy to snack on. Not so exciting I realize, but it'll get the job done.

Good plan! I was also thinking of picking up some celery sticks and pickles. If we had a microwave in the hotel room it might be worth getting the new IP pasta and putting our olive oil and seasoning on the noodles?

libertybelle
11-29-2012, 04:44 PM
DezD, I am so sorry for your loss. Taking care of yourself is utmost. Come here for support. Worry about weight as is best for you as you heal. You are so obviously such beautiful and strong woman. We are here for you.

Suchawittygal
11-29-2012, 04:49 PM
Jen, thank you for the words of encouragement! It's just what I need, I weigh in tomorrow and am hoping for a nice surprise, but will try not to be disappointed if that big loss isn't there. I'm going to stick with it and see where it takes me. OP ALL THE WAY! I can do this!

lisa32989
11-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Oh my you have been through a lot! Be gentle on yourself. I am so very sorry for your loss and I also understand your desire to return to some normalcy by returning to IP. Let your clinic help you. Let everyone help you! :hug:

Lulu64
11-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Thanks so much for the words of encouragement, it means a lot to me. I feel a whole lot better now. I think my coach thought I was cheating.:(

sonyainva
11-29-2012, 05:09 PM

Ok been there done that. Ok here comes tough love. Get off that scale, wait for your weekly weigh in. If you follow the program at some point you will get below that number. For me it was 136.6. I stressed myself out. Giving you same advice my coach gave me.

Dezd, I am so sorry for your loss. We are the same stats, I have about 16 to go, let's do it together

LosingLawyer
11-29-2012, 05:20 PM

Remember, even without any IP or alternative packets, you can stay very low carb and still lose. Basically, eat like phase 2, but instead of a breakfast packet you can do some eggs and bacon or other low carb option. For your snack, you can choose nuts or cheese or something else very low carb. Or you could do Phase 3 and a snack (I still lost on my phase 3 week when I was phasing out for a vacation).

Although I like the variety of all the different alternative packets from Nashua, some of which can be $2.00 or so per packet, you can do alternatives VERY cheaply by relying mostly on the EAS shakes (about $1.25 each) and Pure Protein Bars (about $1.00) each. 2 shakes and one bar a day would only be about $3.50.

Good luck!

JenRem
11-29-2012, 05:34 PM
Jen, thank you for the words of encouragement! It's just what I need, I weigh in tomorrow and am hoping for a nice surprise, but will try not to be disappointed if that big loss isn't there. I'm going to stick with it and see where it takes me. OP ALL THE WAY! I can do this!

Yes, you can do this! OP ALL THE WAY! It's human nature to be disappointed when the scale doesn't move like we hope, just don't let it cause you to falter from the PRIZE! Jen

djs06
11-29-2012, 05:38 PM
Anna, you will keep rocking IP on alternatives!!!! We are all here to help! Congrats on the new program, let us know how you're doing with school!

Lose2Win
11-29-2012, 05:43 PM
WI today....another 7 pounds gone!!!! I'm so excited...my clinic was closed last week for the holiday, so this is a 2 week loss, but still, super excited about 7 pounds gone forever :) This is just extra motivation to get through my upcoming week away on vacay....no cheating for this girl. Looking forward to seeing my family and especially my Grandpa who just celebrated his 87th birthday yesterday :) Have a great day everyone ;)

byugrl
11-29-2012, 06:11 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone !!

Maezy I am soooo jealous !!! I always want to go but it's usually on a Saturday night and I work all night .

Congrats too all the losers this week!!!!!! I love this board !!!

Ok here's my problem: I usually eat around 7 or 8 at night (7 or 8oz of choice meat and 2 cups of veggie salad) I have my snack around 8;30 (last IP and lately it has been a chocolate drink not having my restricted to see if it makes a difference). I am suffering with hunger pangs late night around 11 or 12 to the point of almost grabbing something I know is not good for me. Can anyone tell me why I am experiencing these hunger pangs and how do I make them go away? Thank goodness for these boards I just start reading !!!

Momto2cs
11-29-2012, 07:12 PM
If having the restricted makes the hunger go away then I would switch back to it.

Andi90
11-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Well I just weighed in and I am down.75 I will take it. It has been a stressful week an I felt like binge eating...I didn't but just had a couple extra IP meals through the day. I am re-engaging this week so hopefully I will put better numbers up next week. Hope every one is well.

sstw1
11-29-2012, 08:20 PM
DezD, wish I could reach over and give you a big hug. Ditto what everyone has said: You have been through a very, very tough year and a painful loss. I'm impressed that you're already "up and at 'em" after losing your husband so recently. After I lost my mom earlier this year, I think I stayed in bed a month. Take it a day at a time - everyone is here to support you. Sending prayers and hugs your way.

NinjaNurse
11-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone !!

Maezy I am soooo jealous !!! I always want to go but it's usually on a Saturday night and I work all night .

Congrats too all the losers this week!!!!!! I love this board !!!

Ok here's my problem: I usually eat around 7 or 8 at night (7 or 8oz of choice meat and 2 cups of veggie salad) I have my snack around 8;30 (last IP and lately it has been a chocolate drink not having my restricted to see if it makes a difference). I am suffering with hunger pangs late night around 11 or 12 to the point of almost grabbing something I know is not good for me. Can anyone tell me why I am experiencing these hunger pangs and how do I make them go away? Thank goodness for these boards I just start reading !!!

I work 2nd shift, I am eating dinner right now. I won't have my snack until I get home, anywhere from 11:30-12:30. I drink most of my water while I am working so that keeps me full. Can you eat your snack later??

byugrl
11-29-2012, 08:55 PM
ninjaNurse I'm going to have to try that to see if I can get this under control. Thanks !!!

greeniris
11-29-2012, 08:59 PM
I agree with others...do NOT weigh yourself daily. Once a week only. Those fluctuations are normal, but a lot of people stress so much about them that they can negatively effect their losses for real. Stress = poor weight loss. I know you will get below your sticking point, and keep going from there!

Suchawittygal - You know those cartoons where the angel is on one shoulder and the devil is on the other shoulder and they are both whispering thoughts in your ear. Well, the devil is telling you that "there is know way you'll ever get in the 160's. Why bother trying, you're just going to fail and make a fool of yourself again. Everyone around you knows it's a waste of time and look at all the wonderful holiday foods you're missing out on in the meantime!" Your IP family is the angel on your other shoulder. This is who you need to be listening to. In fact, why don't you have the angel go knock the devil off and when he lands on the ground - step on him!
You CAN do this and you WILL do this and get to the 160's! My challenge to you is take the scale and drop it off at your neighbors or a friends. Don't step on a scale (unless it's at WI at the clinic) for 2 weeks. I will guarantee you'll be in the 160's by then. What is a lousy 2 weeks; they'll be gone before you know it (esp with the Holiday rush)! This is a HUGE step for you. You NEED to prove to yourself that you can get to the 160's and don't allow yourself to wallow in this mountain of a stall you've dreamed yourself into. Good Luck! Jen

DezD - my heart goes out to you. I'm so deeply sorry for your loss. I truly hope you have a wonderful support system around you. Please, know that your IP family here on 3FC want to be your on-line support system!
The stress and emotional roller coaster that you've been on for the last year has to have been a wild heartbreaking exhausting ride. I believe the last thing you had time to take care of for the past year was yourself and that is totally 100% understandable. You need to give yourself all the grace you would offer anyone else in this situation if the roles were reversed. You did what you had to do to survive over that year, and if that means "eat with reckless abandon", well so be it. Today is a new day and although you no longer have your DH to physically share your life with - you can start to take time to care for yourself now and feel good about it. Whatever "damage" you may have done can totally be turned around. I find our bodies are often very forgiving to us. I agree with the other poster..... if you plan to go back to a clinic, then do so now and move forward full steam ahead with IP. You have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. I am so impressed that you've been back on IP for a week and a 1/2. I think that shows so much character - I know I probably would have used the "excuse card" a little longer and waited until AFTER the holidays. Welcome home to IP. I'm so excited to have you joining us (I'm a somewhat newbie and there are many wonderful new newbies and gurus around). xoxo Jen :hug:

AnnaBoBanna - Congrats on your acceptance into the nursing program; good for you! Yes, life is stressful and continuing your education while still having to be an adult and pay bills ranks pretty high up there. You will do fine on alternatives and you can and will get just as much support here on 3FC. Make yourself a commitment that no matter how busy you get with school/studies that you'll log on for "x" minutes daily. Don't let the days go by until they turn to weeks before logging on. It seems for the maintenance IPers that when they "allow" themselves to unplug from here, is when they start down that slippery slope of regaining. Give yourself a lot of grace during this time and don't go backwards - you've worked too hard to get where your at NOW. Even if you don't lose weight as fast during school (and on alternatives), you'll be amazed at how much you can still lose over a long period of time when you have to be so focused on school. Just get in a comfortable routine with the alternatives, like you've found on IP foods.
If you phase off and have some holiday food before you start alternatives in the new year, try to make conscious choices and and be determined to be present in the moment when you make those choices (no hypnotic pigging out in front of the TV -lol, I speak from experience). I know you'll do well. I have really enjoyed your posts and you've been an inspiration to me. In fact, I'm looking forward to the day when you meet your goal and reward yourself with skydiving; it will be well worth the wait and effort. Jen :hug:

To everyone else - sorry for the long responses, but I was feeling very passionate!
Jen - you have a wonderful, compassionate way of wording things! I totally agree with what you've written here.

sahmmommy2
11-29-2012, 09:00 PM

Last time the scale stopped moving for the week. Once TOM left, it sort of wooshed off. TOM is a total pain in the (_|_)!

sahmmommy2
11-29-2012, 09:08 PM

Dez, so sorry for your loss. You'll get the weight off in no time, don't be too tough on yourself for the gain.

Hgamroth
11-29-2012, 09:42 PM

First, CONGRATS on the nursing program! That is awesome!!! I was (still am at times) in the same boat. It is so hard to pay for school and this diet while working less. I switched to mostly alternatives and part IP (because there are a few IP products I love.) Switching made a HUGE difference in my budget. I agree with what Jen said, stay on the forum. We will all continue to support you. Stay low carb if you phase off. You can do this! Post what you eat and I know there are many people who will give you advice. Good Luck! :hug::hug:

SMB
11-29-2012, 10:02 PM
I bought 2 rotini packages, but the instructions aren't written on the bag. Can someone let me know how to make it?

Willi
11-29-2012, 10:20 PM

So sorry for your loss. Be gentle with yourself.

mompattie
11-29-2012, 10:31 PM
What great losses and motivation I have read the last couple of days! Congrats to all of you that keep positive! For those of you struggling, remember that you have choices. Following the program is a choice that you make so don't fight with yourself.

I am at the hair salon getting my roots touched up and a trim or cut - I haven't decided. It is so good to look in the mirror and recognize myself looking back. I sure never felt those extra pounds were mine.

Have a GREAT day everyone!

You are doing sooo great!!!!!

Send it back. Good choice. Too big for a skinny chick!!!

I am deeply sorry for your loss. You are amazing to get back to taking care of yourself so quickly. :hug:

lisa32989
11-29-2012, 10:32 PM
I bought 2 rotini packages, but the instructions aren't written on the bag. Can someone let me know how to make it?

I had the same problem. Someone told me to cook it just like pasta. It is in the pasta thread.

SDChickie
11-30-2012, 12:34 AM
Down 2 pounds at tonight's WI, which I was quite happy with considering that I went back to evening WIs after two weeks of morning WIs. Don't know about everyone else, but I can guarantee a 2 pound difference between am and pm due to water weight... 4 pounds if you factor in clothes! Lol! In any case, I'm happy to still averaging 3.7 pounds/week after 15 weeks despite incorporating running and Zumba into my schedule! Woo hoo!

JenRem
11-30-2012, 01:02 AM
Down 2 pounds at tonight's WI, which I was quite happy with considering that I went back to evening WIs after two weeks of morning WIs. Don't know about everyone else, but I can guarantee a 2 pound difference between am and pm due to water weight... 4 pounds if you factor in clothes! Lol! In any case, I'm happy to still averaging 3.7 pounds/week after 15 weeks despite incorporating running and Zumba into my schedule! Woo hoo!

SDChickie - Congrats! You have a terrific average going on there! I might be inspired to try some exercise. I've really wanted to, but didn't want to have it lessen my weekly weight loss. I'll consider doing a trial run for a month and see if I can be lucky like you and get great weekly weight loss along with releasing some stress thru good ole' sweating. Thanks for the info, Jen