General Diet Plans and Questions - Question about oatmeal serving size?
11-28-2012, 10:53 AM
When I prepare oatmeal with 1/2 cup oats and 1 cup water. Do I count the 1/2 cup dry oats as the serving size or do I count the serving size after it's cooked and swelled up with the water = 1 cup?
11-28-2012, 07:03 PM
You count the ½ cup dry! THat is your serving. Enjoy- oatmeal is my favorite food of anything!!
Just a tip when cooking- add ½ cup water, ½ cup skim milk and cinnamon, vanilla before cooking and it will taste so much better.
11-28-2012, 07:10 PM
ooooooh woweeeeeee i sooo love oatmeal....but alas it shoots my blood sugar up....sigh...oh well...thems the breaks...kelley that sounds awesome..i will try to remember that when i cook it next for hubby...cheers liz
11-29-2012, 08:42 AM
Thank you! I was hoping for that answer.v:carrot:
11-29-2012, 08:49 AM
Love oatmeal! I have it as my breakfast 5-6 days a week!
11-29-2012, 02:48 PM
Oatmeal is the best thing ever. I have been tempted to eat the raw oats before because they just smell so good. Some other oatmeal ideas:
- Make it with double strong steeped tea. Really good! Especially with chai...
- Mix in a small spoon of PB, add some chopped banana and sprinkle of mini chocolate chips. Still quite healthy if you control your portion size.
- Add grated carrot, cocount flakes (or coconut oil), small portion of raisins and walnuts, and put some fat free or low fat cream cheese on top (with some sort of sweetener). You've got carrot cake.
- Add pumpkin, blackstrap molasses, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, and some sweetener and you've got pumpkin pie oatmeal!
- SF apple butter with cinnamon tastes like apple pie!
- Add an egg before cooking and it tastes like custard. HEAVEN.
11-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Wow! Those oatmeal ideas sound fab! Oatmeal is one food that I could eat everyday for the rest of my life and enjoy it.
11-29-2012, 09:08 PM
The egg in the oatmeal and tasting like custard!!!! :faint: This sound outstanding!!!!
vBulletin® v3.6.7, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO