Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Wednesday 11/28/2012

lisa32989
11-28-2012, 06:47 AM
:welcome3:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Missdee18
11-28-2012, 07:13 AM
Good morning. WI yesterday. Finally a 3# weight loss. Over Thanksgiving and a birthday. Now I know I can do this. Was getting a little discouraged over the last few weeks with slow weight loss.

megscarles
11-28-2012, 07:16 AM
Good morning. WI yesterday. Finally a 3# weight loss. Over Thanksgiving and a birthday. Now I know I can do this. Was getting a little discouraged over the last few weeks with slow weight loss.

Congrats!!! I had my WI today and had a 3 lb loss too!! Yippee! :)

sonyainva
11-28-2012, 07:26 AM
megscarles and misdee congrats on your 3 pound loss that is huge!

maezy reading thru yesterday's post I see you lost 2.6 pounds, yippee, good for you. Crying, really??? May I than have your 2.6 since according to my scale I have not lost any weight in the last week. Though I fit in blouses that I wore 20 years ago, skin tight indian blouses.

exactor - congrats on losing 2.6 pounds, 50 pound mark is huge as well, congrats on onderland and the fat %.

libertybelle
11-28-2012, 07:36 AM
Wow! Congrats on the 11.2 pounds lost in this thread already! My computer is getting lighter already. And skin tight blouses? Sexy!
I am going to meet my goal today and consume all the food and water! Just wait and see. It if the first day of my second week and hearing y'alls progress, I know I am ready!!
Make a healthful, happy and prosperous day for yourselves today!!! Sending such wishes your way!

sonyainva
11-28-2012, 07:42 AM
today is my weigh in day, i am munching on salty homemade zucchini chips, according to my home scale have not lost anything.

here's what i learned new this week, that is embarrassing. I was eating 2 to 3 times the allotted chicken.

I know have weighed my chicken, frozen one serving in the fridge at work, 2 at home, so in a pinch i have my tandoori marinated chicken

hoping next week i will see better numbers. also i did exercise this week on my coach's prodding, did some weights.

it's a journey and i am enjoying it

Shedit
11-28-2012, 07:56 AM
today is my weigh in day, i am munching on salty homemade zucchini chips, according to my home scale have not lost anything.

here's what i learned new this week, that is embarrassing. I was eating 2 to 3 times the allotted chicken.

I know have weighed my chicken, frozen one serving in the fridge at work, 2 at home, so in a pinch i have my tandoori marinated chicken

hoping next week i will see better numbers. also i did exercise this week on my coach's prodding, did some weights.

it's a journey and i am enjoying it
Wow eating two times the protein and consistently losing! That is remarkable. Sounds like your fuel burner is working GREAT and bet the road ahead will be even better. Best wishes.

sonyainva
11-28-2012, 08:02 AM
Thank you shedit, sure hope so, how are you doing?

I went closet shopping and I had a dress I bought a year ago, that never fit me and it zipped last night, so I am doing the happy dance

i find it is easier for me to focus on lot of the positives that are happening with our bodies and mind.

Shedit
11-28-2012, 08:09 AM
How wonderful Sonya. My first WI is this morning. After one week OP I am amazed at how terrific I am feeling. Did not realize I had become so sluggish from my prior carbo laden eating! I am sure that I have lost a few pounds and optimistic about making my goals. I appreciate you and the others who post on 3FC. Have a great day!

maezy1
11-28-2012, 08:10 AM
megscarles and misdee congrats on your 3 pound loss that is huge!

maezy reading thru yesterday's post I see you lost 2.6 pounds, yippee, good for you. Crying, really??? May I than have your 2.6 since according to my scale I have not lost any weight in the last week. Though I fit in blouses that I wore 20 years ago, skin tight indian blouses.

exactor - congrats on losing 2.6 pounds, 50 pound mark is huge as well, congrats on onderland and the fat %.

Hey Sonya - yes tears over the no inch loss. It's frustrating but I have decided I'm not measuring again until the new year. I KNOW my clothes are falling off of me so something has to be working and measurements are done differently by different people. After I wallowed in self pity for a few hours I got over myself and used my disappointment as motivation. The support and "the kicks in the butt" from everyone helped so much!

It's a blustery 43 degrees in Baton Rouge today!!! Sunny and 60 is our forecast. Gonna be a great day

libertybelle
11-28-2012, 08:29 AM
Well, that is cool that you've don'e so well on extra servings of chicken! The progress will give you the motivation with those chicken portions!!!

How do make the zucchini chips?

It's a good journey, isn't it?

sonyainva
11-28-2012, 08:33 AM
Thinly slice zucchini chips, place on parchment paper to bake at 220, you have to play with your oven, atleast 45 minutes on each side.

spice it up with salt, garlic powder paprika, what ever you like

maezy, your clothes are falling off??? good for you!! brush off and go closet shopping!

sahmmommy2
11-28-2012, 08:36 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Food for thought...My brain has been mulling over what's going to happen when I reach goal. I currently make two meals, one for me and one for the rest of the family. I am a little worried about what I am going to do. I'm in a house of picky eaters who like their carbs. Will I be able to transition everyone over to what I can eat, or will I have to continue to make two different meals? Right now, the two meals are simple because they are usually supplemented with premade protein shakes, etc. When I get to phase 4, that will get more complicated.

What to do, what to do????? Anyone else thinking about this?

libertybelle
11-28-2012, 08:37 AM
Maezy: How cool! I haven't seen the scale go down, but even up, in 5 days, but I am thinking about your falling off clothes and incented!!!

Focusing on the fat percentage instead. My husband ran in a marathon and has one of those scales that tells you your body fat, water weight, muscle, etc. Instead of feeling discouraged, my body fat is down 2%.
cip
Sonya: Thanks for the yummy recipe. Picking up more zucchini (and splenda) in a few minutes!

Mandy: I worry about this a lot! Eating what our family wants is part of what gets some of us into this mess. I brought my family in and we had a talk about my health and a family commitment to us all being healthy. Then we made a deal: I would make healthy dinners, and if they didn't like it, they could have a pb&j or something else healthy they can make. So, I've made my dinners in portions big enough for the family and an extra dish for them to enjoy. They are eating a lot of sandwiches! But I really want them to have healthy life habits so I am hoping they will keep working to incorporate my meals into theirs.

sstw1
11-28-2012, 08:50 AM
Sonya - WOW....2-3 times the protein allotment and STILL consistently losing? Color me envious!!! Your body must require more protein...good for you! (Wish mine did...lol!)

Maezy - your clothes are falling off and you LOST 2.6 lbs? Don't make me come find you here in BR and shake the sillies out of you! Don't worry about the tape measure - look and feel the fit of your clothes, girl!

Missdee and Megs, congrats on your losses! I actually had a 2.4 loss at WI Monday - which I was very happy with - especially with Thanksgiving falling during the week.

Good luck, everyone. Have a great and 100% OP day!

ragdoll74
11-28-2012, 09:02 AM
sahmmommy2- You can make just one meal, but add a side dish for the rest of your family. Crockpot meals, roasts, grilled meat are all something you can all have. Just make a side of rice, pasta, etc for the rest of the family.

yaelbelle- that's great that you and your family came up with a plan.

sstw1- Congrats on making it to the halfway mark!

SoSo
11-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Hi fellow IPers ,
Im trying to upload some pics of my journey on IP,Dec 1 will be 7 months and I have lost 70 pounds! If I can do it anybody can!!! Lets see if this works..
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-leopard/cartooncat01/lb/217/144/146/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

ragdoll74
11-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Hi fellow IPers ,
Im trying to upload some pics of my journey on IP,Dec 1 will be 7 months and I have lost 70 pounds! If I can do it anybody can!!! Lets see if this works..
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-leopard/cartooncat01/lb/217/144/146/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

You look fantastic!!! I love seeing people's before and afters. They are so inspiring.

We are the same height, so I'm hoping I look that great when I get to 144.

scorbett1103
11-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Congrats to everyone who has posted great losses today - what a great way to start the day!!

Maezy - girl, don't make me come shake some sense in you :) 2.6lbs is a GREAT loss and I'm sure you have read here more than once that sometimes you will see a drop in pounds not inches, or inches and not pounds. Your body is going to adjust along the way, if it's going to stress you out then don't measure but ALSO remember that the tape measure only tells PART of the story. No tears when your scale is being so kind to you!! :)

yaellbelle - are you weighing every day? Unless you can separate yourself emotionally from the numbers on a daily basis it is a BAD idea. Your weight is going to fluctuate day to day, as well as over the course of a single day. You may very well see the scale go up from day to day, and then all of a sudden weight will WHOOSH off. Don't stress yourself unnecessarily. WEIGH WEEKLY ONLY!!!!!

Mandy - what Ragdoll said is exactly what I do. We all eat the same meal, but I make an extra side dish for everyone else (or just make my own sides). I'm a big proponent of "if I took the time to make it, you WILL eat it or you will be hungry" :) Nobody's felt deprived yet :)

SoSo - amazing pics!!!

So I stepped on the scale today - NO CHANGE. I was going to start hyperanalyzing my food this week, then I realized that TOM is due to visit me this week :( So I am just going to chalk it up to TOM bloat, flush it out with some extra water, and hope that it has passed by the time my next WI rolls around!

ragdoll74
11-28-2012, 09:25 AM
So I stepped on the scale today - NO CHANGE. I was going to start hyperanalyzing my food this week, then I realized that TOM is due to visit me this week :( So I am just going to chalk it up to TOM bloat, flush it out with some extra water, and hope that it has passed by the time my next WI rolls around!

I bet the next week will be a nice drop on the scale.

OneofThreeGirls
11-28-2012, 09:34 AM
I'm feeling very bummed today. I had to quit IP today. Any tips for me to stay on track with a less expensive route? I've lost almost 20 lbs in 9 weeks...but that cost me over $1000. I just can't justify another $1000 to lose the other 20+ I want to lose. Why does this have to be soooo expensive?

Debrasb
11-28-2012, 09:44 AM
Having a rough IP week myself--eating is fine but that scale hasn't budged much and it's bringing me down.

So....I took the stairs this morning at work. 4 flights, not too shabby!

scorbett1103
11-28-2012, 09:44 AM
I'm feeling very bummed today. I had to quit IP today, it is just too expensive for us right now, especially until the end of the holidays. Any tips for me to stay on track with a less expensive route? I've lost almost 20 lbs in 9 weeks...but that cost me over $1000. I just can't justify another $1000 to lose the other 20+ I want to lose. Why does this have to be soooo expensive?

Have you checked into alternatives? I switched 8 weeks ago for the same reasons. Check this thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261605-alternatives-phase-1-talk.html

ragdoll74
11-28-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm feeling very bummed today. I had to quit IP today, it is just too expensive for us right now, especially until the end of the holidays. Any tips for me to stay on track with a less expensive route? I've lost almost 20 lbs in 9 weeks...but that cost me over $1000. I just can't justify another $1000 to lose the other 20+ I want to lose. Why does this have to be soooo expensive?

Don't quit altogether, just switch to alternatives. I order from Nashua Nutrition and it is about 1/3-1/2 the cost of IP.

I like the proti-thin and weight loss system products. Just check the alternative threads for some suggestions.

libertybelle
11-28-2012, 09:50 AM
SoSo: You look great!

Ragdoll: You are almost 70% of the way there!

Scorbett: You are absolutely right! am keeping this medical journal thing for my doctor and there is a blank for weight every day. But I started marking body fat out beside it, just for my sanity. As long as I can find progress somewhere, even if in my non-cheating, I am calling the day a success. ... And I am impressed you didn't GAIN if it is that TOM. Wait till next week's WI and I bet you'll get to see two weeks worth of success!

OneofThreeGirls: I am sorry! I know the financial burden is so hard. There is a thread here for Alternative IP that a lot of folks do. Once I get the diet down really well, I plan to start incorporating some myself. Check it out, I know some of the folks don't buy any IP products, but substitutes they have found at Walmart, etc. You will do great! We will be here for you!

Debra: Don't look at that one number! You may have built muscle, or be retaining water, or lost 1/2 a size clothing or more, or so many other healthy things. You've made great progress this far, and this might be a week you are recalibrating to the newer, thinner, you!

benice
11-28-2012, 10:03 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Food for thought...My brain has been mulling over what's going to happen when I reach goal. I currently make two meals, one for me and one for the rest of the family. I am a little worried about what I am going to do. I'm in a house of picky eaters who like their carbs. Will I be able to transition everyone over to what I can eat, or will I have to continue to make two different meals? Right now, the two meals are simple because they are usually supplemented with premade protein shakes, etc. When I get to phase 4, that will get more complicated.

What to do, what to do????? Anyone else thinking about this?

Yes! I agree that making separate food can be a lot of work. I will have the same issue because my DH is a veggie and I don't think I'll be able to maintain a veggie lifestyle comfortably on maintenance (at least at first). I plan to continue as I have been--sharing our evening veggie and trying to make a meatless and meat version of the same entree when possible. Then he usually has a bread and wine which I do not. I won't be able to do a 100% same dinner with him very often, but that's ok. I think as long as we have the same salad and veggie sides then prepping separate other things wont be as bad.

benice
11-28-2012, 10:06 AM
Then we made a deal: I would make healthy dinners, and if they didn't like it, they could have a pb&j or something else healthy they can make. So, I've made my dinners in portions big enough for the family and an extra dish for them to enjoy. They are eating a lot of sandwiches! But I really want them to have healthy life habits so I am hoping they will keep working to incorporate my meals into theirs.

This made me laugh! This was my mom's policy growing up--If you don't like what I cook, that's totally fine. Make yourself a pbj. :) Thanks for the flashback!

benice
11-28-2012, 10:13 AM

Uggh. I can relate. A few weeks ago I was happily heading toward the 180's and then my scale abruptly halted in the 192 range. And then I GAINED .3! I was so annoyed. This gain lasted for about two weeks (dropped a large amount of weight right before my next weigh-in, so on my chart all you see is the middle weigh in with the .3 gain). During that time, however, my clothes got really baggy, so I must have been losing lots of inches. It really bummed me out at first, but I read everyone's comments on here about fluxuations and it made me feel better. I'm crossing my fingers for you that changes are still happening!!!

SoSo
11-28-2012, 10:14 AM
Thanks everyone ! It feels real good, and I am sooo proud of myself, I havent weighed this in 18 years http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-leopard/cartooncat01/lb/217/144/146/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/) !!!

Dinie89
11-28-2012, 10:24 AM
i just had my second weigh in lost another 8lbs im soo excited i cant belive how im feeling already 12 days in and 17lbs lighter - my coach got the new pasta in so i was very excited she had it so fast having it for lunch today =)

ragdoll74
11-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Ragdoll: You are almost 70% of the way there!

Thanks! I never looked at it that way. Makes me feel pretty darn good.

i just had my second weigh in lost another 8lbs im soo excited i cant belive how im feeling already 12 days in and 17lbs lighter - my coach got the new pasta in so i was very excited she had it so fast having it for lunch today =)

Fantastic 2nd weigh in!

benice
11-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Hi fellow IPers ,

What a transformation! You look amazing!

MyTime50
11-28-2012, 10:39 AM

Don't quit!! You are doing so well!! I just went to Target yesterday and got EAS shakes for $4.50 for a four pack. They also had Pure Protein bars for $12.29 for a box of 12. If you add this to some of the alternative products from Nashua Nutrition you can stay OP and still have the same variety as with IP. I was 100% IP until I hit maintenance and this is how I plan to stay at goal from here on. I hope you can make this work for you!
Good luck!

jampooh
11-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Waiting in office for my WI. They are moving upstairs in the same building so the office is a bit crazy. Ran into a co worker that started IP.

Debrasb
11-28-2012, 12:54 PM

That's amazing! Congratulations!!

jmuroff1
11-28-2012, 01:04 PM
on friday at my weigh in i had gained 3.4 pounds to bring me to 171.6 and it was TOM too.....so this morning I had to weigh myself since TOM is over and im down to 167.6....Made my morning! And gives me more reason to stay OP! Im 2.6 pounds away from being honest on my driver's liscence which shows the weight that I was when I was 16 (im now 24) I LOVE THIS PROGRAM!!!!!!

lisa32989
11-28-2012, 01:16 PM
WI Wednesday. My coach is gone this week. I'm not fond of sub coach.

I was down .6 and she started saying "water, water, water"
She has ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what I do, what my food journal says, or that I take THREE liters of water to work with me (I've increased that from two)

It really bugs me when coaches (any coach) just give random "advice" without any knowledge or data to back it up. Suggestions based on facts/knowledge/info are one thing but just random spewing of "advice" serves no purpose whatsoever. I left annoyed.

I like my coach much better. She would have acknowledged the loss and we would have moved on. Some weeks are higher, some weeks are lower. I'm coming off a higher week. I didn't take the time to have sub coach measure me...she doesn't do it the same as my coach. I'll wait til next week...

Oh, by the way...the scale was DOWN!

NinjaNurse
11-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Good afternoon Ladies! I expected to be on here earlier but I swear if we lost weight dealing with banks and such online we'd all be a size two!!!:mad:

WI today!!! I have lost a total of 18.6 pounds since I started and 6.5 inches in slightly under a month. I am hoping for 25lbs total by Christmas. (Maybe more??)

My math is a little off since I didn't put in the exact numbers at 1st but the scale said 248.8. Goodbye 50's at least this way!!!

The coach I liked was there today so I changed WI's to Wednesday. BUT, while she was friendly, she didn't say much just weighed and measured me. Thanks to you ladies, I know what I need to know and more. I even use the lingo there, told her I have been 100% OP. ;)

I don't get it, they seem to be really friendly to some people and then to others, not so much. I have seen two of the same women every week and nothing besides hello and see you next week. I am certainly not looking for BFF's, but some recognition and encouragement would be nice. I felt like my coach was phoning it in, with her encouragement as well.

Am I expecting too much?? I know it will be easier not to be so friendly when I start to work with alternatives. I still need that weigh in and structure. I don't want to disappear from them and have them think I failed. GWIM??

I see that I am now privvy to the secret 3FC handshake and ticker, but I can't figure out how to change the ticker. HELP!!

BTW: I am in the middle of my pic. The woman on my left is my Mother. She was 85 in that pic, can you believe it?? She's been gone 2 1/2 yrs and some days it still hits me like a ton of bricks. That lovely lady I am holding is my BEAUTIFUL daughter, who's now 4 and 1/2 my height.

This is really one of the few sort of current pics taken of me. I wonder why I always hated having my pic taken??? :(

Off to work I go......................

2sweet4u
11-28-2012, 02:11 PM

She has ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what I do, what my food journal says, or that I take THREE liters of water to work with me (I've increased that from two)

It really bugs me when coaches (any coach) just give random "advice" without any knowledge or data to back it up. Suggestions based on facts/knowledge/info are one thing but just random spewing of "advice" serves no purpose whatsoever. I left annoyed.

I like my coach much better. She would have acknowledged the loss and we would have moved on. Some weeks are higher, some weeks are lower. I'm coming off a higher week. I didn't take the time to have sub coach measure me...she doesn't do it the same as my coach. I'll wait til next week...

i totally agree about the coach thing. When my coach isn't there, I just weigh and go on my merry way. Sorry you had to deal with that. Dont let her get you down :)

As for me, I weighed last wednesday b/c my coach was gone for my usual Saturday WI. was down .8 but was different gal so I didn't measure. I was not as faithful as the rest of you, I'll admit, I did cheat some so I am not expecting any results this weekend. But i did learn from my cheating. I was SOO sick from the fats/carbs that I don't think I will do it again!

Have a great week everyone!

2sweet4u
11-28-2012, 02:17 PM
Ninjanurse, you are so awsome! I can see we are a lot alike :) I get the same feelings when I go to our other clinic, but my coach is awsome! Very encouraging/supportive/thoughtful. She has never had a down thing to say to me, and is always bumping me up! I have shared recipes and ideas with her that I have learned on here, and I too use the lingo :) I think they just think I am wierd LOL

Nice to see someone else does this stuff too!

ragdoll74
11-28-2012, 02:45 PM
I see that I am now privvy to the secret 3FC handshake and ticker, but I can't figure out how to change the ticker. HELP!!

Nice weigh in! Sorry about your mom. I lost my dad 7 years ago and I still have those days too.

To change your ticker, just go to User CP, then edit signature. At the bottom where the URL is typed out, just delete your old current weight and enter the new one in.

Suchawittygal
11-28-2012, 04:09 PM
WI today!!! I have lost a total of 18.6 pounds since I started and 6.5 inches in slightly under a month. I am hoping for 25lbs total by Christmas. (Maybe more??)

Wow! Sweet! Great job!! Going at that rate you will be down 25lbs by Christmas no problem!

I'm counting the days until I'm privvy to that secret handshake and the ticker. I think I've almost earned my keep here. LOL

Porthardygurl
11-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Good Afternoon...

Well..i started 5 days ago and ive lost 8 pounds so far..yippee!!!

So today ive been baking all day and all last night making all kinds of sweets and treats for Christmas for gifts for people..and i have not even tasted or craved any of it...Its like..all of the sudden my sweet tooth turned off and i have no desire for sugar..

On the other hand..im bummed! Im bummed because after getting over a kidney infection that landed me in the hospital, now i have swollen glands in my neck and i dont know why???? it hurts..and it hurts to swallow..and it feels almost like i cant swallow..which i assume is from the swelling...so back to the doctor again..

scorbett1103
11-28-2012, 04:35 PM
NinjaNurse - way to GO woman! Enjoy being in the 240's because it isn't going to last :) I know what you mean about the coaching - I felt like if I was paying all this money for the clinic, they should at LEAST be as interested in my well being as my MD. Seems like some people have coaches that are really about the people, and others that are just about the business.

Oh and I have a bunch of scrubs that you can have if you need smaller sizes :)

Bella73123
11-28-2012, 04:51 PM

I hear you on this one! When I was going to a coach I was drinking a minimum of 3L of water. She had a scale very similar to my bathroom scale that gave the water percentage, and it never changed once the entire 8 weeks I was there. She would do the "water water water" thing with me too. I finally told her that she needs to have her scale calibrated because mine at home had moved up during that time so I didn't know why hers hadn't but that I'm already drinking between 3-4L so there's no way I could drink more! I wasn't happy that day either, very annoying I agree!

Bella73123
11-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Wow! Sweet! Great job!! Going at that rate you will be down 25lbs by Christmas no problem!

I'm counting the days until I'm privvy to that secret handshake and the ticker. I think I've almost earned my keep here. LOL

You joined 11/05, it takes 20 days and 20 posts, so you should be good to go :carrot:

sahmmommy2
11-28-2012, 05:22 PM
sahmmommy2- You can make just one meal, but add a side dish for the rest of your family. Crockpot meals, roasts, grilled meat are all something you can all have. Just make a side of rice, pasta, etc for the rest of the family.

yaelbelle- that's great that you and your family came up with a plan.

sstw1- Congrats on making it to the halfway mark!

Thanks for the advice. I'm just realizing that the food I cook for my family, I will most likely never be able to eat. I think I've fallen into the trap of using too many convenience foods (even things like breaded chicken breasts). I need to get back to my roots and cook from scratch more. I guess I just never realized how much sugar/carbs is in everything we eat. IT'S EVERYWHERE!

kileymed13
11-28-2012, 05:31 PM
WI today and -2.2. I was happy with it but my coach was not. She wrote the weight on her paper and said, "not a great week". I lost a total of 2 inches as well. The office also now has you sign in on a paper and documents your weight loss and the number of packets you purchased. She said she was not sure what that was about but she was doing what she was asked to. Really leaning towards switching to alternatives but I am afraid if I don't have a weekly WI with the coach I will slack off a little.

Congrats to everyone for their losses.

Suchawittygal
11-28-2012, 06:07 PM
You joined 11/05, it takes 20 days and 20 posts, so you should be good to go :carrot:

Yay! There it is!! I'm official now...WOOO HOOO!

lisa32989
11-28-2012, 06:49 PM
WI today and -2.2. I was happy with it but my coach was not. She wrote the weight on her paper and said, "not a great week". I lost a total of 2 inches as well. The office also now has you sign in on a paper and documents your weight loss and the number of packets you purchased. She said she was not sure what that was about but she was doing what she was asked to. Really leaning towards switching to alternatives but I am afraid if I don't have a weekly WI with the coach I will slack off a little.

What is with these coaches?
How and why is -2.2 not a great week?

a -2.2 loss in one week is Flat out Freaking FANTASTIC!!!!
This is approximately 2% of the total weight you want to lose. IN ONE WEEK!
She needs to be told! Let's storm the clinic!!!:soap:
Next time she says something so rudely ignorant, ask her why that is not a good loss...she needs to be confronted about this behavior. Remember, she is supposed to be a positive motivator...

Grrr:(

Calisto
11-28-2012, 06:50 PM
3rd week weigh in and I lost 4.6 lbs for a total loss of 22.2!! I am so excited! Especially with that being over Thanksgiving!

Hubby weighed in today and he lost a little over 7 lbs with a total loss of a little over 20 lbs!

I can't wait to get the ticker... I am getting close! lol

NinjaNurse
11-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Ninjanurse, you are so awsome! I can see we are a lot alike :) I get the same feelings when I go to our other clinic, but my coach is awsome! Very encouraging/supportive/thoughtful. She has never had a down thing to say to me, and is always bumping me up! I have shared recipes and ideas with her that I have learned on here, and I too use the lingo :) I think they just think I am wierd LOL

Nice to see someone else does this stuff too!

Thanks Sweet, that was very sweet of you to say! I could never in the North Pole though, way too cold!! A good friend of mine was born and raised in Wasilla.

scorbett1103
11-28-2012, 07:03 PM

WHAAAAT????

2.2lbs is a great loss. AND to have lost 2 inches is FABULOUS. Your coach needs a reckoning. I agree with Lisa, press her for WHY that was not a good loss. YOU are paying HER for a service, and if she's telling you that 2lb is a bad loss, she is not providing you with good service.

Halfagain
11-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'm just realizing that the food I cook for my family, I will most likely never be able to eat. I think I've fallen into the trap of using too many convenience foods (even things like breaded chicken breasts). I need to get back to my roots and cook from scratch more. I guess I just never realized how much sugar/carbs is in everything we eat. IT'S EVERYWHERE!
:-) My family is old enough to cook for themselves, but given the choice of eating what I'm making, or making something for themselves, I win every time. My son has even commented he "likes the diet food". I guess broccoli beef, or chicken with peppers and zucchini agree with him. Steak or cube steak is a easy sell. Sometimes I'll fry hamburger for a Big Mac in a Bowl for me, and then finish off the rest of the meat as spaghetti for them. They haven't quite come all the way over to miracle noodles with me, but that means more for me!

kileymed13
11-28-2012, 07:38 PM
Thanks Lisa and Scorbett. I am very happy with the loss. I have not seen eye to eye with her at all and am really getting a little frustrated. When she went out to get the product I figured out my average weekly loss since starting and informed her it was 4! She said I know but this week could have been better. I felt like it was more about her and less about me. I left smiling and happy and ready to continue. Plus my husband was up the street buying Protidiet oatmeal (at Faunce Corner Nutrition Scorbett!!). I am slowly planning my out.

My2loseW8
11-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Let's storm the clinic!!!:soap:

I am in! Let's storm the clinic.. hehe. But seriously, I agree -2.2 is a great week!

I missed some introductions...So many new IPeeps!!! It is so great to see you all!!!! Welcome!!!:hug:

rofl306
11-28-2012, 07:55 PM
I will storm the clinic with you all. My coach is always more positive then I am as my losses keep getting slower. But since I am consistent it works out great.

You should be thrilled with a 2.2 loss - congratulations! And inches also!!

We will always cheer losses!

jampooh
11-28-2012, 08:06 PM
WI today lost 2# and doing well.
Thank You everyone for the support and prayers last week.

scorbett1103
11-28-2012, 08:08 PM
Thanks Lisa and Scorbett. I am very happy with the loss. I have not seen eye to eye with her at all and am really getting a little frustrated. When she went out to get the product I figured out my average weekly loss since starting and informed her it was 4! She said I know but this week could have been better. I felt like it was more about her and less about me. I left smiling and happy and ready to continue. Plus my husband was up the street buying Protidiet oatmeal (at Faunce Corner Nutrition Scorbett!!). I am slowly planning my out.

Nice!!! They have a lot of great product there :) Seriously - I think your coach has been drinking the IP Marketing Kool aid, if she's expecting every client she has to lose 3-5lbs a week she is going to be in for a nasty surprise.

NinjaNurse
11-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Sonyainva: I love this quote: it's a journey and i am enjoying it !! Who would ever think losing weight could be sort of fun and exciting???

Sahmmommy2 and Yaelbelle: Cooking at my house is insane. My husband and kid are carbo lovers, (He made ham, corn, potatos, and rice for one meal when I was working!!) and they are both very picky. She's 4, he's just a pia who I have to nag (hate to say it) to eat leftovers. This is somewhat amusing since he lived in a house of 7kids and there were no leftovers and you ate what was given to you, or not at all.
It's driving me nuts!! I am still cooking for myself and for them.

Oneofthreegirls: When you put it in the $1000, then the thought of IP is scary and overwhelming. I plan to look into alternatives. It sucks that losing wieght can be so expensive, but other 'addictions' are covered by insurance. (((hugs)))

suchawittygal: Congrats new ticker Sista!!!

Kileymed13: Yikes!! Even the coach I had last week was good with my 1.2 loss. What is wrong with these people???

scorbett: I don't think I am ready for your scrubs yet. Some of my old ones are too big again, but I bet yours are too small. But I do want Curious George!!
BTW: You are the only person in my real life that knows my real weight. I don't even think my husband does.

I say we donate a dollar each to scorbett to get her clinic up and running!! I have heard more unhappy stories about coaches than happy ones here.

As for everyone else, thank you for your kindness and support. It's starting to feel like home here.

NinjaNurse
11-28-2012, 08:22 PM
I am in! Let's storm the clinic.. hehe. But seriously, I agree -2.2 is a great week!

I missed some introductions...So many new IPeeps!!! It is so great to see you all!!!! Welcome!!!:hug:

Thank you!!! Wow there seems to be a lot of people from Alaska.

jampooh
11-28-2012, 08:26 PM

This person I won't even call her a coach is crazy. Any loss is a positive.

Jenifer7
11-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Had a great weigh in yesterday! Now today, I ate Birthday cake...grrrrrr. My son turned 11 today, and I unfortunately gave in to a rather BIG piece of cake....Now I feel so bloated and guilty

Jenifer7
11-28-2012, 08:29 PM
This person I won't even call her a coach is crazy. Any loss is a positive.

I hate to hear of coaches like this! My coach is so wonderful and always encourges...never makes you feel bad!

smjohnso69
11-28-2012, 09:18 PM

That is AWESOME!! Congrats and keep it up ;):carrot:

sahmmommy2
11-28-2012, 10:00 PM
Sonyainva: I love this quote: it's a journey and i am enjoying it !! Who would ever think losing weight could be sort of fun and exciting???

Sahmmommy2 and Yaelbelle: Cooking at my house is insane. My husband and kid are carbo lovers, (He made ham, corn, potatos, and rice for one meal when I was working!!) and they are both very picky. She's 4, he's just a pia who I have to nag (hate to say it) to eat leftovers. This is somewhat amusing since he lived in a house of 7kids and there were no leftovers and you ate what was given to you, or not at all.
It's driving me nuts!! I am still cooking for myself and for them.

Oneofthreegirls: When you put it in the $1000, then the thought of IP is scary and overwhelming. I plan to look into alternatives. It sucks that losing wieght can be so expensive, but other 'addictions' are covered by insurance. (((hugs)))

suchawittygal: Congrats new ticker Sista!!!

Kileymed13: Yikes!! Even the coach I had last week was good with my 1.2 loss. What is wrong with these people???

scorbett: I don't think I am ready for your scrubs yet. Some of my old ones are too big again, but I bet yours are too small. But I do want Curious George!!
BTW: You are the only person in my real life that knows my real weight. I don't even think my husband does.

I say we donate a dollar each to scorbett to get her clinic up and running!! I have heard more unhappy stories about coaches than happy ones here.

As for everyone else, thank you for your kindness and support. It's starting to feel like home here.

Hey NinjaNurse, My hubby and kids are the same. They would live on carbs if I let them. I've been dropping hints to my hubby that things have to change. Seriously, the man can eat anything and not gain a pound. The kids luckily have his "skinny" gene. Me, I come from a long line of easy keepers!

Shedit
11-28-2012, 10:03 PM
My first WI today -4#. I am excited and appreciate all of you!

Fishette
11-28-2012, 10:05 PM
I'm feeling very bummed today. I had to quit IP today. Any tips for me to stay on track with a less expensive route? I've lost almost 20 lbs in 9 weeks...but that cost me over $1000. I just can't justify another $1000 to lose the other 20+ I want to lose. Why does this have to be soooo expensive?

I can afford IP, but one of the reasons I can afford it is because I manage my money very well, and that includes not spending it on unnecessary items. I looked into the Costco protein drinks called Premier Protein. Comes in both vanilla and chocolate: 11oz, 160 calories, 30g protein (double the amount in IP packets), 3g carbs, 2g fiber, 3g fat. Add to that 25% of vitamins and minerals and 50% calcium, so I also don't need so much expensive IP supplements either. Price comes to $1.31 per drink compared to $4 for an IP 7oz drink. I have a vanilla one in my decaf coffee every morning as a latte, and a chocolate one every evening as a hot chocolate. This just leaves 1 packet that I need each day, which I get from Nashua Nutrition for $10 per box of 7. But I still get my 4c veggies, olive oil, and 8oz meat (unless I'm in bootcamp where I skip the meat). Easy-peasy for me anyway.

sahmmommy2
11-28-2012, 10:06 PM
:-) My family is old enough to cook for themselves, but given the choice of eating what I'm making, or making something for themselves, I win every time. My son has even commented he "likes the diet food". I guess broccoli beef, or chicken with peppers and zucchini agree with him. Steak or cube steak is a easy sell. Sometimes I'll fry hamburger for a Big Mac in a Bowl for me, and then finish off the rest of the meat as spaghetti for them. They haven't quite come all the way over to miracle noodles with me, but that means more for me!

Halfagain, You look AWESOME! This whole thing is really a journey. I didn't really realize it so much when I started. It's weird the realizations you come to when you're not high on carbs:) My kids are really young still so that is a challenge. Ultimately, I am the cook and I buy the groceries, just need to learn to walk the line between what everyone else likes vs. what I can eat.

AleciaMichelle
11-28-2012, 10:20 PM
Okay I'm getting a little nervous. I am 5 weeks in and about to take a two week trip to Vegas to work and I plan on staying OP the entire time. I'm stocking up on boxes this week. I'm nervous about traveling on phase one and at my last weigh in two weeks ago (my clinic was closed over thanksgiving) I had only lost 0.5lb. The company I am traveling with have tried to provide extra mini fridges in the hotel rooms and we can travel to the grocery store. I guess I'll be eating a lot of raw vegetables and searching for IP friendly restaurants!

JenRem
11-28-2012, 10:34 PM

Yes, the sugar/carbs are EVERYWHERE.
No wonder such a large percentage of this country are overweight!

scorbett1103
11-28-2012, 10:38 PM

LOL! You're too funny :) Maybe we should just get a rogue group going, kileymed is a local too! :)

NinjaNurse
11-28-2012, 10:39 PM
Hey NinjaNurse, My hubby and kids are the same. They would live on carbs if I let them. I've been dropping hints to my hubby that things have to change. Seriously, the man can eat anything and not gain a pound. The kids luckily have his "skinny" gene. Me, I come from a long line of easy keepers!

Me too!! I have oodles of skinny beautiful cousins, I am wearing the fat for them all. And my husband would live on cereal and reeces peanut butter cups if he could. He's had weight issues, but he's almost the thinnest he's ever been. KILLS ME.

NinjaNurse
11-28-2012, 10:40 PM
LOL! You're too funny :) Maybe we should just get a rogue group going, kileymed is a local too! :)

Can we get matching t-shirts???:D

scorbett1103
11-28-2012, 10:40 PM

Tiaras. And feather boas.

AnnaBoBanna
11-28-2012, 10:44 PM

Convenience foods are a huge killer. So easy to boil some pasta and add sauce. Luckily, my bf will eat whatever I put in front of him.

Rhonduz
11-28-2012, 10:50 PM

Easy keepers. That's what my grandma used to say. Love it.

JenRem
11-28-2012, 11:05 PM
Had a great weigh in yesterday! Now today, I ate Birthday cake...grrrrrr. My son turned 11 today, and I unfortunately gave in to a rather BIG piece of cake....Now I feel so bloated and guilty

Jenifer7 - Who "made you give in"? Be careful with the "cheating" Have you read the letter that has been passed around the 3FC site where a previous IPer discussed why he wishes he never cheated??? If you haven't read it, you NEED to. Yes, some people are able to "cheat" or choose to cheat on IP and still do pretty well with their weight loss, but the longer you go being 100% OP it is much easier to not give in to a taste of this or a bite of that. When you go down that road of having a little here or there of foods not on protocol, it can begin a very slippery slope. :hug:

I can afford IP, but one of the reasons I can afford it is because I manage my money very well, and that includes not spending it on unnecessary items. I looked into the Costco protein drinks called Premier Protein. Comes in both vanilla and chocolate: 11oz, 160 calories, 30g protein (double the amount in IP packets), 3g carbs, 2g fiber, 3g fat. Add to that 25% of vitamins and minerals and 50% calcium, so I also don't need so much expensive IP supplements either. Price comes to $1.31 per drink compared to $4 for an IP 7oz drink. I have a vanilla one in my decaf coffee every morning as a latte, and a chocolate one every evening as a hot chocolate. This just leaves 1 packet that I need each day, which I get from Nashua Nutrition for $10 per box of 7. But I still get my 4c veggies, olive oil, and 8oz meat (unless I'm in bootcamp where I skip the meat). Easy-peasy for me anyway.

I have also had these drinks from Costco and they are VERY yummy. I drank them before IP and plan to go back to them when I'm on maintenance. The 3 grams of carb is very LOW and a great way to start off the morning with high protein and low carb!

Okay I'm getting a little nervous. I am 5 weeks in and about to take a two week trip to Vegas to work and I plan on staying OP the entire time. I'm stocking up on boxes this week. I'm nervous about traveling on phase one and at my last weigh in two weeks ago (my clinic was closed over thanksgiving) I had only lost 0.5lb. The company I am traveling with have tried to provide extra mini fridges in the hotel rooms and we can travel to the grocery store. I guess I'll be eating a lot of raw vegetables and searching for IP friendly restaurants!

AleciaMichelle - Many IPers have gone before you, paved the way and proven that we can be OP when traveling for work. Read some of the previous threads on this topic if you haven't already. They are very helpful and insightful. All restaurants should have a steak or grilled chicken on the menu - just make sure they don't add any oils or sugar based flavorings and order steamed veggies as your side. If the meal comes with a carb (potato, rice etc) tell them not to bring it and give you a twice as much veggie. One of the suggestions was to take the tuna in water that comes in a bag (not can) that you tear open. You might take some of these in case you are in your room and desperate for some protein - you could always eat this by itself in a pinch. I know you can do it! When you come back let us all know how it went. Once you get this trip under your belt successfully, then all the future ones will be a walk in the park! Good Luck!

My first WI today -4#. I am excited and appreciate all of you!

Shedit - Welcome and Congrats. 4lbs is a great first WI. Glad you're here! It can be overwhelming in the beginning. Many or all of your questions will be answered here so don't hesitate to ask if and when you need help. After about a month, everything kind of comes together and becomes more routine! :)

Nolawhodatchick
11-28-2012, 11:07 PM

I say shake it off and move on. I ate ice cream the first week I was on the diet (with my son, similar situation). But it was a one-time "slip" and helped me see that it really wasn't worth it or what I wanted. I've been able to resist such temptations since then.

AleciaMichelle
11-28-2012, 11:12 PM
JenRem thank you so much for the encouragement! The tuna is an awesome idea! I'm just going to keep my head down and keep working. I just realized I may be going two whole weeks without weighing lol maybe that will be a good thing!

JenRem
11-28-2012, 11:17 PM

Jenifer7- I wanted to make sure that you knew that my above response is only in love and concern for your success on IP. There was no ill-will or me on a soap-box when I wrote that. I just didn't want there to be any confusion on this since things can often be lost in typed messages. :hug:

kileymed13
11-29-2012, 06:59 AM
Me too!! I have oodles of skinny beautiful cousins, I am wearing the fat for them all. And my husband would live on cereal and reeces peanut butter cups if he could. He's had weight issues, but he's almost the thinnest he's ever been. KILLS ME.

Tiaras. And feather boas.

I would love that!!! Thank you for the support. It is nice to know I can come here and get real advice and support.