30-Somethings - How did you choose your goal weight?

Learning 2 Live
11-27-2012, 01:26 AM
Hello,

I am finally making some progress in my weight loss, but I haven't been under 200lbs in 6 years. And the last time I was at a "healthy" weight was when I was 7 years old. I really have no clue what weight I should shoot for as an adult. I have a large build and I'm rather muscular so I know that I'm not supposed to be 125 lbs, but other than that, I don't know.

How did all of you come up with your goal weight? Has anyone one else been overweight since the single digits like me? If so, how did you decide since you couldn't simply say, "Oh I want to weigh what I did in High School."

Side Question: And if you have been overweight for most of your life are you/were you able to picture yourself at "goal" when you started on your journey?

~T

westcoast rosa
11-27-2012, 01:48 AM
I have been overweight my entire life, so I am planning on my goal weight to change as I go. I chose this first goal weight for two reasons 1) It would make it an even 100lb loss and 2) it is 20lbs less than my lowest adult weight (and I felt awesome at 185). Once I get there I will reassess.

I have no problem envisioning how I will look at goal because my mother and I look a lot alike and are the exact same height. The only difference is that she has always been between 120-140lbs.

baker23
11-27-2012, 01:55 AM
I had been overweight since the age of 9 so my goal weight was orginally determined by height/weight charts. As I got closer to my goal, I realized that the number given would have been to low for my frame and make me look sickly so I re-evaluated my goal, and when I hit 180 I saw that I didn't need to lose more...

Since I was always overweight, I couldn't even begain to see myself smaller

Learning 2 Live
11-27-2012, 09:18 PM
@ Rosa

I wish I felt awesome at 185, but I've had a negative self image for so long that I'm not really all that surprised. My mom and I have totally different builds so I can't really use her as a model. At any rate, your confidence is rather inspiring and you've lost so much weight already, you're doing an awesome job!

@ baker23

Yeah, I agree, those height/weight charts are way low. That helps in that I won't have to lose so much weight, but it would still be nice to be able to envision myself fit and healthy rather than lumpy and completely unable to do even one solid push up. :p

~T

Lambiechop
11-27-2012, 09:28 PM
I've also been overweight since a child so I have no idea what I look like at certain weights. I picked out the highest weight that would put me at a "healthy" BMI rating but I can always change that up or down depending on how things go. Right now at 169 I can see some of my ribs and hip bones so I'm thinking too much less than 145 is gonna look kind of icky.

Thistleberry
11-28-2012, 12:17 PM
I've also been overweight my whole life so I just checked out the charts and took a stab in the dark. Right now I know that 140 isn't quite there but don't know if 135 or 130 will be it for me.

At the beginning I certainly wasn't able to picture how I might look at goal! Now I kind of can. But it's odd because I can only picture myself in a void, if that makes sense, not in relation to other people around me. It's very strange and I haven't quite figured out a way to really articulate what I mean.

Nikel1979
11-28-2012, 12:22 PM
My goal weight isn't a weight. I want to get down to around a size 8, 6 at the smallest. I've been really thin though, so I know how I look at various sizes. That should put me somewhere between 150-170, I think. I also have quit looking at the weight in one amount to lose. Setting smaller goals works better for me. As I get closer, it will get easier to pin point a final goal.

EagleRiverDee
11-28-2012, 01:50 PM
I picked the weight I was at when I was 27, before I got thyroid disease and piled on all the add'l weight.

Learning 2 Live
11-28-2012, 04:37 PM
@ Lambiechop

Wow 90 lbs lost! Congrats! I can't imagine being so close to goal and yet I also can't imagine myself giving up. Go fig. I'm actually afraid to use the BMI. If I look at the highest I can be before getting in to the overweight zone, I'd have to reset my goal weight to 148. I know it's only a 12 lb difference, but 160 already seems so far away.

@ Thistleberry

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who has this hazy idea of a thinner me. I create sort of a "fake movie version" of myself in my mind. It's not real, of course. And I almost sort of mentally design a body that I like and then shove my face on top of it. But it still seems impossible.

@ Nikel1979

If I were to look at it sizewise, I'd pick between an 8 and a 12. Yeah it's a range, but you never know how clothes will fit you. P.S. I like how your goal weight is a question mark.

@ EagleRiverDee

Congrats on being halfway to your goal! It sounds like it would be more difficult to pull off if you also have hypothyroidism to manage. BTW, I like your quote.

candytrees
11-28-2012, 06:02 PM
i picked the weight that i was 7 years ago, when i started to really get worried about my weight. that and i want to set my goals in smaller increments..50 doesnt seem as difficult as 150! :yay:

SunnySide99
11-28-2012, 06:49 PM
I don't have a goal weight, it's a size but I am thinking of the time I was most happy with my body. It was back in college and I was involved in a lot sports and aerobics.

I was around 170 - 180 pounds and I bounced between size 10 and 12. It was a good mix of being physically fit with curves. I was built simliar to Laila Ali when she was boxing without the muscles (I'm in the process of developing those). lol

WannaB2cute
11-28-2012, 08:16 PM
I didn't use any charts or labels.... At my height I should weigh like 105 and I think I would look sickly that small. I'm short and I think thick is sexy so I picked 175. Once I get there I will decide if I want to lose more.

joefla70
11-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Like most of you, I too have been overweight almost my entire life. In high school I was 240. When I started college I was 260. In my sophmore year I joined Nutrisystem and lost 40 lbs. At 220 I was a size 38. I only have one picture of myself at that weight. When I look at it now, I think of how good I looked at that weight. But I remember thinking, at the time, that I was overweight. Its amazing how perspective can change! So, I picked my goal weight of 220 because I know its a realistic, attainable weight and I would be very happy at that weight. Now, once I get there, who knows. Maybe I'll re-assess and aim to lose more. But that really isn't important to me right now. All that is important is gradually losing weight and heading towards a goal. Goals can always be revised and adjusted to deal with changing situations.

alaskanlaughter
11-29-2012, 02:05 AM
I've also been overweight since a child so I have no idea what I look like at certain weights. I picked out the highest weight that would put me at a "healthy" BMI rating but I can always change that up or down depending on how things go. Right now at 169 I can see some of my ribs and hip bones so I'm thinking too much less than 145 is gonna look kind of icky.

i could have written your post almost word for word LOL...that's exactly how i picked my goal weight and i've also always been overweight...and i think we're the same height too

i'm at 185 right now and i'm comfortable there...but i dont want to be TOO comfortable because i KNOW i have more fat to lose...i'm in a size 13 Junior pants and size 8 yoga pants or something similar...i dont wear jeans, i hate them at any weight...tops are L-XL i think although i hardly shop for clothes...i bought a men's size small sweatshirt the other month...bra is 36B but i should wear 34B, i'm just picky and dont like whats at the store

i'm wondering what sizes i'll be in if i can get myself closer to 150...will i have ANY boobs? :(

ASaladandaDream
11-29-2012, 02:25 AM
Hey this is an interesting topic!

I have also been overweight since I was young. My current goal weight is 150, but when I was actually 150 I was probably too young to think "oh yea I look great!"

I was always overweight so every weight was uncomfortable.

I chose my goal weight based on a height/weight ratio chart. It's kind of just to give me something to aim for and Im certain at my height I don't want to be any less than 150. Especially b/c I have a friend an inch taller than me who is around 150 and in my eyes she's a stick lol, I want to be a little...umm... volumptuous? Idk lol. As I lose weight Im sure itll change.

You're right! I can't really imagine myself at a lower weight! I mean... part of me can, and I have some pictures at a lower weight (still overweight) where i definitely think i look better... but at the same time i can't imagine me at my goal, not over weight at all, exactly where i want to be. Wow, it's weird. It makes me want to reach goal even more now lol

Thistleberry
11-29-2012, 09:39 AM
I guess I should clarify that I've been overweight my entire adult life. I was so tiny as a child I barely cast a shadow. That all changed when I got my adenoids and tonsils out and could suddenly taste food. Before that I ate according to hunger cues and little else. My weight troubles started after.

Another way I've tried to zero in on my goal is measurements. I have no idea what my bust/waist/hip measurements will work out to be, but I have a goal waist measurement. Like a few others have mentioned, I've a goal dress size too. Part of the reason for this is that for a bit I was focusing too much on the scale. I really wanted my goal to be 130 so that I'd have lost 100 lbs total, but I'm just not sure it will be right for me so tried to direct my focus elsewhere. Plus, I figure that if I meet one of these goals but not another, I will still feel I have accomplished my goal and won't feel the need to fight (possibly unheathily or futilely) for the others.

wannaBfitnessbuff
11-29-2012, 10:36 AM
Wow thanks for this thread. You ladies have all really put my goals into a new perspective. I have been fixated on getting down to 155 since I was 20 years old. A friend had told me that she read that "ideal", like vanity version of "ideal", not healthy ideal, was 100 lbs at 5 feet and 5 lbs per inch afer that. We were roommates with another girl at the time and all decided to use that formula to set our goal weights (we were all trying to lose weight). At the time I was 20 and I weighed about 165-170, and I wasn't happy with my size and body. I never did get down to 155, in fact I think I didn't lose any weight at that time. But for some strange reason ever since that I have always wanted to get down to 155 lbs. After reading some of the perspectives of you ladies, I re-asked myself "Why 155?", and quite frankly I don't have a good answer.

I think I'm going to change my ticker to mini goals instead. Two years was the last time I successfully lost any weight. I lost down to 168. I felt pretty good, but didn't feel like I was 'there' yet. I definately loved that I could wear any old size 10 off the rack and went shopping more than I usually do! (So I have quite a few size ten pants that I'll be able to shrink into too).

So basically I love the idea of taking the final goal weight off. But I know that I want to lose to at least 165, I know it's with-in my healthy weight range and I know that when I was a bit over that I didn't feel at goal.

I feel really good about letting the way I feel determine my ultimate goal weight. And it takes the pressure off to meet a certain weight, or to feel bad or guilty if I lose a bit more than that goal weight.

Lakilaulea
11-29-2012, 10:45 AM
I picked 155 because that was the time I remember feeling comfortable enough in my body. I have a small frame for my height and could really be at 145-150 and look great, but I'll figure out if I can get there once I hit 155. I was always thin as an adult until a few years ago, so I know what I'll look like at that weight. More important than the number, though, is what size I'll be wearing. My goal is to be a size 8 again. Whatever number on the scale gets me to an 8 I'll be fine with; and at the time, I was 155 and a size 8.

Avezy44
11-29-2012, 10:56 AM
When I had originally lost my weight (2010) I had a goal of 140, it seemed ideal and I really wanted to be super thin.

I never met that goal weight but I came within 10-15lbs of it for a while.

When I decided to finally lose all of the weight again (I ballooned up to 267 since August 2011) I set my weight to a healthy weight that I had felt good at before (150lbs). When I did reach about 152 in early 2011, I felt so good and had plenty of self-esteem.

So now my goal is to make me happy and be at a place where I feel comfortable in my skin. I could make a goal like say, 135lbs but once I hit 160 it was extremely difficult for me to get below it. I want to not stress, just be comfortable. If I get to 140lbs, I will be extremely excited but I wont over think it this time around.

Annafterolin
11-29-2012, 10:57 AM
I picked 150 because that is the weight I was when I joined the army and the weight I was after basic training, although the composition of my body changed drastically. I was 130 when I was in high school and that would be bottom line, I am a shorter person, but I am pretty solid so anything less than 130 would be unhealthy for me. More than anything I just want to fit into my old jeans and just maybe fit into a size 6 again.

FitGirlyGirl
12-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Like a couple others,I prefer a goal size and the weight I list is what I have figured will most likely put me in that size. That goal weight may (probably will) change as I get closer. I have also been overweight all my life, so I have no idea what I will think of myself at a size 4 (my current goal size), so even that may change. My real goal is to be happy and healthy.

Thousandsunny
12-02-2012, 08:01 PM
My goal weight changes as I approach the lower numbers. I've been overweight since college (after being 'The Jock' in high school, where it was a lot of muscle) and now that I am seeing loss, I keep aiming for lower. First it was 175 (high school weight) then 160, and now 140ish. I need to start toning and I might find myself happy at 150 but right now, way too much of me jiggles for me to sit back and say "Goal!" ;)

Fluffypuppy
12-12-2012, 05:11 PM
I picked 130 because I have been 130 in the recent past and it therefore seemed doable. I'm not made up the same as I was in high school (105-112) so I don't hope for that. I also had to restrict alot in high school to make that weight and I don't want to starve. I pretty much only ate dinner and exercised a lot. 130 is not even a "healthy" BMI for me but very slightly overweight. Just now I calculated that the upper edge of healthy BMI was 127 but when I changed my goal in my profile I felt discouraged! It's only 3 more pounds but it seemed too hard.

I actually have my goal as a range (117-130). I will see how I feel when I get to 130. But I picked 117 cuz that was my University weight when I wasn't dieting so I know it would be possible to maintain without starving. I would rather be a little chunky than miserable! But just a little. What I am now is going too far.

CherryQuinn
12-12-2012, 05:18 PM
im 5'7 inches maybe a cm or 1.5 cms more but roughly 5'7. So I found a formula that said 100lbs for females plus 5lbs per inch above 5 feet tall. so thats 135lbs for me. Thats how I choose. I also of course backed this up by finding women that were 5'7 and 130-140lbs and the lower end of the 130s looked best for what I wanted to look like. whether or not itll look good on my body I dont know yet, but thats the thing about goal, its just a guesstimate.

Becky Quilts
12-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Goal weight is hard to pick. Whatever you choose, however you choose it, it needs to be right for you - so much of weight loss and maintenance is in our heads.

I did WW between my two children. I really wanted to see 155, I plateaued at 165. Having dieted for a year, my brain was tired of the battle, so I shifted my goal to 165, which is at the highest "healthy" weight according to the charts. I also knew I would be back on the journey after having our second, which is where I am now.

Our bodies are in a very different place than when we were 18, especially if we've had children. For some people that may work but it's not realistic for others.

Best wishes.

MadProfessor
12-13-2012, 01:47 PM
I though it'd be good to go down to 187 lbs [85 Kg], but my natural weight chose me, and it stopped going down at 172 lbs [78 Kg], so about the level I had in my best years of high school.

pinkflakes
12-15-2012, 02:59 AM
I was 98 pounds at 16..then got pregnant with my first child. I have been over weight since. I chose 125 so I could fit back in my jeans in the closet that I refuse to throw out.

knoxie
12-16-2012, 07:08 AM
I chose 147lbs as it's the highest I can be without being overweight according to BMI charts. Realistically I can't imagine myself at that weight, or rather what I would look like at that number! I'll never have a flat stomach (hello loose skin!) so I'm aiming for a lb number initially. The closet I get it will probably be a dress size goal.

Ishbel
01-04-2013, 11:12 AM
I chose 165 as a goal and currently maintain between 160-165 (sometimes I see 159, not very often though). I picked it because my mom had problems staying at 160 and I tried to convince her to go with 165 (what's 5 lbs in the grand scheme of things)...if looks could kill! Needless to say she had so many problems just staying around 160 that she sorta gave up the fight and gained 30 back.

Given my history of being over weight most of my life (I'm in Grade 7 right now - in a sense that I was this size in Grade 7)...I had to take into account my age and biological history (I was a size 18 when I graduated high school). So I picked a weight I thought I could maintain comfortably hence 165. So far so good, but everyday is a new day right?

I have read articles that say that because I was so heavy I will use 20% less calories of someone my size that has never been over weight. Also that if both her and I were to work out at the same pace she would lose 20% more calories. ALSO, that for each decade you lose 3% of your metabolism.

I'm sorry I don't have links to these articles but I've read them within the last 9 months lol.

But these last few months I've come to the realization that I will eat less and lose less in the gym comparing to someone else my size who has never been over weight. But I'm a size 10-8 and have some 6's in my closet.

Accept the things you can't change and change the things you can right?

(I'm 5'5" 3/4) - cause that 3/4 counts! :D

rachaelm
01-04-2013, 04:30 PM
155 is the max 'normal' weight for my height on the charts.

I've always been overweight, so I don't have any idea what it will be like once I'm actually there.

GraceAlone
01-04-2013, 10:53 PM
I chose my goal weight based on how I like my clothes to fit. However, I have also realized that it is hard to stick to one number, so having a goal range of weight is more realistic. I'd like my range to be 130-135lbs.

ladyfyre
01-04-2013, 11:20 PM
When I started University I weighed about 150 and was a size 14. I was overweight, but I would give anything to be there again. I have not been under 200 for about 12 years, which is pretty scary.

I have no idea what I will look like when I am at my goal weight. I'm hoping that I like the new me.

I chose my goal weight based on what I think I should weigh. I kind of looked at my BMI and just picked a point. It's not very creative, but I have nothing else to go on. LOL.

Oh and that website that shows you what women look like at different heights and weights helps too. http://www.mybodygallery.com/

~Sharon
01-06-2013, 01:18 AM
I chose my goal weight because that is what I weighed when I was actually happy with the way I looked. It is still a little heavier than I am "supposed to be" but it is where I was happiest!!

BeachBreeze2010
01-08-2013, 12:39 PM
I keep changing my mind and really struggling with this. I had it set at 125 forever, mostly just because it was an even 100 down from my beginning and in the healthy range for my height. But, I don't know if I realistically want to maintain that and if I went all the way there, I would have no curves left. I'd like to still be curvy, so maybe 135 to 145? I guess I know when I get there. Right now, I am just excited to lose 20lbs and then I'll see what I want to do. Although, like a lot of you, I have a size in my head and that's about a 6 to an 8 which is probably about 135 to 140lbs for me.

I've been every size between a 2 and a 22 and now it's more just about me deciding what I want now. Almost like picking a body out of a catalog. I feel like they are all attainable but different ones come with their own pros and cons. I want to be able to have a drink here and there and eat things I like and not be in the gym for hours a day, so a solid body and 120lbs is not something I would enjoy. But a compromise somewhere where I am still active and fit and have treats in moderation exists but the trade off is the higher weight. I think I'd be perfectly happy with that balance at 135 to 140lbs and in a size 6 or 8.

LucyOlivia
01-08-2013, 12:49 PM
I chose a weight that was below bmi 20. I do keep changing my mind between 119 and 133 though. I think those are my maximum and minimum weights I would like to be. I guess that is my goal range. I also want to reach a body fat percentage of 21% so hypothetically, if I reached that percentage at 140 pounds I would be happy. I assume I will need to be quite a low weight to achieve that percentage though.

bethFromDayton
01-08-2013, 01:09 PM
I picked my "goal" weight since it's an even 100 pounds and 130 would be a great weight for me, but I'm trying to think of it as a lot of mini-goals, rather than one big goal.

I am actually considering changing my goal weight to 180, which would be an interim goal, but I'm not sure if it's better to keep a more ambitious goal in mind.

I'm also keeping in mind that there are lots of weights that would be better and healthier (blood sugar/cholesterol) than I am now--losing 10% of my body weight, ONEDERLAND, losing 20% of my body weight. Mini-goals will be good for me.

I may follow Nikel's method and only think of it one step at a time.

westcoast rosa: My mom and I are similar heights but she's also overweight. She's a smaller size than I am, but she is shaped differently, so it's hard to visalize from that.

Learning_2_Live: the negative self-image thing is hard. You are a flower now--it's just sometimes hard to see it. I think it helps to look at yourself the way the people who love you look at you.

Lambiechop: It's wonderful you can see your hip bones--what fanastic progress and success.

Thistleberry: 90 lbs--that's amazing success. Inspiring to me, just starting out (again) on this path.

Nikel: I like the mini-goal approach--smaller goals makes sense.

SunnySide99: 10 sizes in 6 months. Wow.

I find everyone else's progress so motivating. This is do-able. I see people who have done it. That means it can be done. Which means I can do it, too.

Angihas2
01-15-2013, 12:40 PM
I chose 169 because its the upper range of healthy for my weight. The healthy weight seems to range from 125-169, thats a fairly large range. When I begin to get close, I'll be watching to see how I feel, how I look and how difficult it is to maintain. 125 sounds awesome, but I've got zero interest in maintaining something thats going to be a constant struggle. I want to maintain for life, not constantly battle the same 5-10 pounds for the next 50 years.

hurricanelaur
01-17-2013, 12:20 AM
I've been overweight my whole life. I chose a goal that I felt was attainable. When I get there, I can reevaluate. My goal is 75 lbs away, but I could lose 100 lbs and be within "normal". I haven't been below 200 in 3 years....and that was 199 when I was seeing a nutritionist every two weeks.

merilung
01-17-2013, 01:03 AM
I chose 135 because I've weighed 145 before and I was still a wee bit chubby - plus, I suspect I have a very small frame since when I weigh less I wear a teenytiny ring size.

bipolarfemme
01-17-2013, 01:20 AM
I originally wanted to be 97lbs but I later realized that was too skinny. So i looked at a pic of me at 120 and I realized I looked really good. So that's how I chose.

Becky Quilts
01-17-2013, 09:49 AM
It's been interesting to follow this thread. :)

i picked the weight that i was 7 years ago, when i started to really get worried about my weight. that and i want to set my goals in smaller increments..50 doesn't seem as difficult as 150! :yay:
50 seems like a big number, I can't fathom chunking my goal like that - you must be mentally stronger than me, more focused, or something. :) Kudos to you! I tend to break my goal up into decades - whatever number is in the middle, I focus on the next one down.

Learning2Live - Even though I've been where I'm at before, weight wise, it's still tough to see myself as 'normal' when I look in the mirror. For some reason when I see photo it comes across. I have no idea why the difference. My whole family (mom, dad, brother, sister) is overweight, maybe that plays into it?

I can't picture myself at goal. When some of the little things have been re-occuring, I remember them from the first time I lost the baby weight + extra,for 70 pounds post-baby. Things like noticing the bones in my wrist. All that to say, even though I've been there, I can't quite see it right now.

+1 to Thistleberry - Measurements are really good things to keep track of, when the scale stalls they can be a victory!

+1 to Angihias2, who said "I've got zero interest in maintaining something thats going to be a constant struggle." --this pops into my head time and again. My dream number would be 135. But I can't even imagine 145. I would be amazed to reach 155. There's no way it would be worth it if I was constantly stressed.

Thanks for an interesting thread!

ChickieBoom
01-17-2013, 10:30 AM
Once I hit puberty I was always slightly overweight...about 5 or 10 pounds above what the BMI charts said I should be. In my mid 20's I started gaining a lot of weight really quickly so my goal now si to get down to where I was before and reevaluate then. 145 for me is the very high end of my normal range. If I get down to that and want to lose more, I will or I'll stay.

betsy2013
01-17-2013, 10:40 AM
I picked mine on what I weighed when I got married. I may reassess when I get close as things have certainly shifted around since then!

Angelic Fruitcake
01-21-2013, 03:14 PM
Since my mid-20's, i've been anywhere between 95 lbs and 202 lbs. I looked and felt the best when I was between 110 and 125, so I chose 125 as my goal. I'll see when I get there if I want to go lower, but I know I don't want to go under 110.

FatinSTL
01-21-2013, 03:45 PM
I know that according to Dr's charts I am supposed to weigh no more than 170...but that doesn't take into account the fact that I am actually big boned, broad shouldered, broad hips and just built on a bigger frame.

I think that at about 200 lbs I would be happy with my appearance. If I am not, I can change that goal. Right now it is my ultimate goal to get down to 200 and I can evaluate from there if I want to set another goal like another 20-30 lbs.

I don't care what the scale says. When I can fit into the size I want and I see a difference in my body, notice I'm not always sweating when other people are comfortable and that I like what my picture looks like I will be satisfied!

Shrinkberry
01-23-2013, 11:20 AM
i could have written your post almost word for word LOL...that's exactly how i picked my goal weight and i've also always been overweight...and i think we're the same height too

i'm at 185 right now and i'm comfortable there...but i dont want to be TOO comfortable because i KNOW i have more fat to lose...i'm in a size 13 Junior pants and size 8 yoga pants or something similar...i dont wear jeans, i hate them at any weight...tops are L-XL i think although i hardly shop for clothes...i bought a men's size small sweatshirt the other month...bra is 36B but i should wear 34B, i'm just picky and dont like whats at the store

i'm wondering what sizes i'll be in if i can get myself closer to 150...will i have ANY boobs? :(

I'm a re-gainer, and it sounds like I have a similar structure as you. At 150, I was wearing size medium top/size 8 pants from the GAP, Banana Republic, Loft etc, and at 140 I was wearing size small top/size 4-6 pants from the same stores. I didn't really lose my curves going from 150 to 140, especially since I was running and biking and I am fairly muscular. I just thinned out a bit everywhere. My bra size is where I lost the weight first and it didn't keep shrinking as I got smaller. Obviously everyone is different, but it is nice to have an idea of how others lose.

KTB
01-23-2013, 04:21 PM
This is exactly how I feel and we are the same height too :) I think I'd be perfectly happy at 140.

I keep changing my mind and really struggling with this. I had it set at 125 forever, mostly just because it was an even 100 down from my beginning and in the healthy range for my height. But, I don't know if I realistically want to maintain that and if I went all the way there, I would have no curves left. I'd like to still be curvy, so maybe 135 to 145? I guess I know when I get there. Right now, I am just excited to lose 20lbs and then I'll see what I want to do. Although, like a lot of you, I have a size in my head and that's about a 6 to an 8 which is probably about 135 to 140lbs for me.

I've been every size between a 2 and a 22 and now it's more just about me deciding what I want now. Almost like picking a body out of a catalog. I feel like they are all attainable but different ones come with their own pros and cons. I want to be able to have a drink here and there and eat things I like and not be in the gym for hours a day, so a solid body and 120lbs is not something I would enjoy. But a compromise somewhere where I am still active and fit and have treats in moderation exists but the trade off is the higher weight. I think I'd be perfectly happy with that balance at 135 to 140lbs and in a size 6 or 8.

Dreamgyrl
07-14-2013, 06:45 PM
For my final goal weight, I picked a weight where I was comfortable and had the most confidence (which is around 170-180 with an athletic physique). Now that I got my thyroid disease under control as well as dealing with some personal issues as well, I'm going to get back there!

Sirius Amadeus
07-22-2013, 10:41 PM
I've been called "chubby" my whole life, so I've always had this negative self image. Doesn't help that I'm adopted, and have a completely different body type from my entire family. I chose 135 because I haven't been that weight since Jr high / it gives me some wiggle room if genetics decides to kick my butt and drop my metabolism to almost zero in middle age. The flip side of that is: a) I have huge, huge boobs and b) I'm a size 8 pants at 150. So I doubt I need to get into "vanity size" shape, but I do want badass muscles XD

katy929
08-05-2013, 04:47 PM
I would like to be 150 but, personally I just have a jean size that I would like to get into lol. I want to be a size 10. I was an 8 when I was in highschool and I have never been below size 8 in jeans. I have always been curvy I guess you could say. But, I do want to be a size 10. That is my goal :) I am short so, I am not sure if 150 will still look heavy on me but, then again I do not want to look like dolly parton..haha

RavenIllusion
08-06-2013, 07:54 PM
I too have been heavy since a young age so I don't really have reference weight to look back at. I chose 150 because I am not looking to be tiny, actually prefer to be a little bigger, plus I think that 150 will look good on my frame since I have a large structure. My main goal though is to just be back to something that is healthy.

Missys Mom
08-06-2013, 08:59 PM
I used this Weight Watchers chart with BMI, height, weight etc....I am now 270 lbs and my goal is 145-165.

ShyHeather
08-12-2013, 07:24 PM
I have never been skinny, and always fat or obese. Just recently I picked out a number for my ultimate goal, and if I don't reach the ultimate goal I am okay with that! My goal weight is 145, and more for the clothing then anything else, so again if I don't hit it. That's okay.

My main goal is just to get down to 200 - 230 pounds. Honestly, I think I'd be just as happy at 200 as I would at 230. I know in my freshman year of high school I was 5'6" and weighed in at 230 pounds. I looked decent. Not gorgeous or worth looking at, but I was happy.

So while I may be 309ish right now, I really want to be in the low 200's.