General Diet Plans and Questions - have you seen the documentaries, forks over knifes and fat, sick & nearly dead?

panduhf00d
11-26-2012, 12:36 AM
great films, i watched them for free on hulu, i was looking through this topic and was reading some threads about food/fitness documentaries and i have yet to find any on these films?

(i eat meat and solid food though, lol)
but for me the two put my eating plan in concrete, i alwaysalwaysalways base all my meals around carbs, natrural, unrefined, fruitty, green leafy ones:carrot: and then comes the protein and then whenever i feel like some almonds or some because butter spread i'll just throw it in twice a week whenever i feel like (i mean why not?)

what did you take away from these two?

Misti in Seattle
11-26-2012, 05:38 AM
I just googled and found them on hulu... will go watch them. Thanks for the info.

I have also watched a lot of great YouTube videos by Michael Pollan, and bought 3 of his books. Another great resource.

Wannabeskinny
11-26-2012, 12:29 PM
I'll give it a look, thanks.

vdshelton
01-09-2013, 11:37 AM
I watched the fat, sick, and nearly dead documentary on NetFlix last year and it was very eye opening. I've since gotten a juicer and tons of fresh veggies/fruits. I don't juice for every single meal like man in the documentary does, but I would say I have juice replace a meal 3-5 times a week.

I feel a difference and there's a big difference in my skin, so I'm going to continue.

cherryblossomz
01-10-2013, 01:43 PM
Yes, I've seen both of them. It hasn't changed my eating habits, though. Eating all fresh, organic foods is simply not in my budget. I buy mostly frozen and GMO veggies and fruits.

Fortunately, my in-laws grow a lot of their own veggies and we get those in the summer.