Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Default My body is weird.

Ok, so I started lifting last week. I run for 10 minutes (taking 1 5 minute walk break in the middle) and then lift for 20-30 minutes, alternating back/arms abs/legs days. Some of you might remember my no scale change gripes. Well, I'm still at 203 for now, so no change there but my measurements are doing funny things!

Before my measurements were

Hips: 47
Waist: 35
Right thigh: 27.5
Left thigh: 27

Now, I'm at

Hips: 46
Waist: 34.5
Right thigh: 28
Left thigh: 25.5

Um...what? Why is my right thigh huge? I do admit it was more sore than the left when I started all this and I am retaining water but this is just silly. My weight hasn't changed....anyone have any insight? Water retention?

And yes I'm measuring e same point, I have a little measuring stick I use to get to the same point every time.
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #2  
Fear does not = fate

S/C/G: 295/140/nogoal :)

Height: 5'2"

There could be some muscle swelling from injury since you said it was sore?
owlsteazombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #3  
Lifestyle Changer

S/C/G: see sig

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katbot24 View Post
Ok, so I started lifting last week. I run for 10 minutes (taking 1 5 minute walk break in the middle) and then lift for 20-30 minutes, alternating back/arms abs/legs days. Some of you might remember my no scale change gripes. Well, I'm still at 203 for now, so no change there but my measurements are doing funny things!

Before my measurements were

Hips: 47
Waist: 35
Right thigh: 27.5
Left thigh: 27

Now, I'm at

Hips: 46
Waist: 34.5
Right thigh: 28
Left thigh: 25.5

Um...what? Why is my right thigh huge? I do admit it was more sore than the left when I started all this and I am retaining water but this is just silly. My weight hasn't changed....anyone have any insight? Water retention?

And yes I'm measuring e same point, I have a little measuring stick I use to get to the same point every time.
Hello fellow Canadian, nice to "meet" you
Rhonda Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #4  
Days Go By So Quickly

S/C/G: 194.4/174.2/160

Height: 5'6"

I have had the same problem for years. I was a fencer (french sword fighting) for years and since then, my dominate side it almost TWO INCHES LARGER than my left (i had a girlfriend at the gym measure it). If you are right dominate, that is most likely why.

How I combated it was to get rid of the excess lactic acid and water by doing the following: put a heating pad on your leg so its hot but not so hot that your burn yourself with a moist towel on your skin under the heating pad for bout 15 mins. Then massage your muscles, or have some one do it for you, for about 15 mins then place a dry towel with the heating pad on it for about another 15. I would suggest you massage your left as well because you don't want to be uneven. I did this while I cycled too, it was a god send. I have this massage ball that works wonders since my boyfriend always pressed to hard and hurts me.
BleuMaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question, but I just wanted to say that I'm glad there's someone else whose thighs are different sizes. My left one is bigger than my right, and it annoys me quite a bit. I always assumed everyone else's were the same and I was just weird because I do have a spinal alignment problem from my legs being different lengths, but it made me feel better to see that I'm not the only one after all!!

Sorry for the off-topic!
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Update:

Re-measured it today - 26.5!

Also, I have bruises on that leg, so I guess I overdid it.
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote