Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #1  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Default Continue running while starting up Insanity?

I'm currently trying to train for a Marathon on St. Patty's Day. I did some research and found out that adding insanity to your training can help you with your distance running. I was curious if this would safe or not to do...I'm currently running between 3.5-5.5 miles a day 5 days a week, and doing a long run on the 6th day, with a day off after that

If I were to include insanity in my workout plan, how should I go about this? My marathon training is my main focus so should I continue to stick to my running schedule, while only adding in a few days a week of insanity, or go back and forth between each, every other day?

Any suggestions and advice/experience you've had would be helpful Thank you
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #2  
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

Height: 5'7"

While training for my half marathon I ran 3x/week, lifted/circuit insanity style workouts 2 - 3x/ week and rested 1day/week. It was great - I've run a few half marathons now with this plan. I'm not working up to a full marathon with the same training layout so I would definitely add the insanity and see if it works for you. Lifting/squats/lunges etc. definitely help with my running I find.
lm3898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #3  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I would not. I did Insanity, it's very difficult and challenging for your body. There is a lot of jumping and it's hard on the knees, and you will be sore in places you probably didn't know you had. I would just do Insanity at least for the first few weeks. If, after that, you still feel you can add to your workouts then go for it.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote