Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 11-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #1  
Lifestyle Changer

S/C/G: see sig

Height: 5' 6"

Default Establishing a MINI goal

I am thinking that I will set 5 lbs as my mini goal. It's not toooooo much but at the same time significant too. What are your thoughts about this? Is it worth it, is it too much or too little?
Rhonda Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 174.6/174.6/118

Height: 5'5"

I've just started back up again on WW and that's my thought for the first two weeks - 5 lbs. I figure every little bit counts and for me personally thinking about the 50 lbs I want to drop can at times seem too far off in the distance.
Hungry in NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 142.0kg /127.0 kg / 99.0kg

Height: 170cm

I think 5 lbs is a start and a good mini goal. Some days I just have minigoals as small as not to snack any junk food for 24hrs and that makes me happy already.
Kate SE26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

5lbs. is a perfect mini-goal. I've tried for so long to lose weight, and everytime I've ever thought of how much I needed to lose---45, 65, 75, whatever---after a couple of weeks that number would look so daunting and I'd eventually give up. All I could think about was that high number and if I was only losing 1-2lbs. a week, I'd get so deflated. So I'd give up, regain, and gain more. This time, I have a total of 80+lbs. I need to lose, but I don't think about that number. I only think about 5lbs. I concentrate on the number 5, and because that number seems so low and easy, I'll see it through and make it. Then after I conquer that 5, I shoot for another 5. It's really helped to keep me on track this time around. I don't feel like I can't lose weight anymore. I know I can lose 5lbs.

You've got the right idea. 5lbs. is such an easier number to wrap your brain around. Once you reach it, pat yourself on the back, and shoot for another 5! Plus, with that kind of mini-goal, you'll be congratulating yourself and celebrating more often, which will make the weightloss journey so much more enjoyable

Last edited by Lakilaulea; 11-20-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #5  
Days Go By So Quickly

S/C/G: 194.4/174.2/160

Height: 5'6"

I have a question.
When you setting mini goals, do you set a date with them or do you leave it open?
BleuMaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

I don't set a hard date for my 5lb. goals, but I do give them a timeframe. I know from these past couple of months I can lose about 7lbs./mo if I try hard enough, so I shoot for 5lbs. every three weeks or so. Right now I'm down 4lbs. this month, so I need to lose at least one more before November is over. I've slacked off the past couple of weeks which threw me behind schedule a bit, but as long as I lose 5lbs. this month I'll be satisfied.
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote