Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-19-2012, 09:09 AM   #1  

Default NEED HELP: Work Out Plan

Hey, I am working on my gym schedule for December. This plan only burns about 5,500 calories and it is what I currently am doing. What are some other things that I can add to my work out? I would like to burn about 1,800-ish more calories. Due to my schedule I cannot make it to the gym on Monday, Wednesday, or Sunday. I would like to lose 2 pounds per week. I am a member of the 300+ club and currently eat 1850 calories per day. Should I just cut my calorie intake? If so, how much? I am 5'9 if that helps.

Monday –
Tuesday – 60 min. Kickboxing
Wednesday –
Thursday – 60 min. Kickboxing & 60 min. Zumba
Friday – 60 min. Zumba
Saturday – 60 min. Zumba
Sunday –

Last edited by JaimeNacole; 11-19-2012 at 10:14 AM.
JaimeNacole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #2  
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

Height: 5'7"

Hi sorry I was just wondering - where did you get the figure of 1750 cals/day? It seems a little low if you are doing strenuous exercise [i.e. kickboxing] and weight over 300 lbs. You might end up disappointed that you are not losing enough weight.

My best advise is to see a nutritionist - even just ONE appointment to get you started - I can't tell you how much that helped me [I eat b/w 1850 - 2000 cals/day] and I'm in the 150's - work out like an athlete approximately one hour/6 days/week - I need those cals for fuel for running, weight lifting & kickboxing - when I was eating 1350 I was ALWAYS hungry & the weight was not coming off for me.

If you can't afford a nutritionist then perhaps try one of the many calorie sites on the web with your data. This is one I've used in the past:

http://walking.about.com/cs/calories/l/blcalcalc.htm

Good luck!
lm3898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lm3898 View Post
Hi sorry I was just wondering - where did you get the figure of 1750 cals/day? It seems a little low if you are doing strenuous exercise [i.e. kickboxing] and weight over 300 lbs. You might end up disappointed that you are not losing enough weight.

My best advise is to see a nutritionist - even just ONE appointment to get you started - I can't tell you how much that helped me [I eat b/w 1850 - 2000 cals/day] and I'm in the 150's - work out like an athlete approximately one hour/6 days/week - I need those cals for fuel for running, weight lifting & kickboxing - when I was eating 1350 I was ALWAYS hungry & the weight was not coming off for me.

If you can't afford a nutritionist then perhaps try one of the many calorie sites on the web with your data. This is one I've used in the past:

Good luck!
Sorry that was a typo not 1750, but 1850. I did edit the original post. Thanks for pointing that out.
JaimeNacole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #4  

I think the exercise that you're doing is great. It seems high impact, so if I added anything, it would probably be walking or something else low impact (though that wouldn't get you to the calorie burn total you're interested in). Good luck!
iowasteph2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:41 AM   #5  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

How are you coming up with that 5,500 calories burned number? Are you using a HRM during your kickboxing workouts?
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'6''... and a half

You can always try a workout video on the days you can't make it to the gym.

But if you are burning 5,500 calories a week during your workouts and only eating 1,850 calories a day then I can't see why you wouldn't be losing 2 pounds a week.

2 pounds a week is a 7,000 calorie deficit so on top of your 5,500 calorie workouts that would mean that you would only have to eat at a deficit of 215 (approx.) calories a day - I don't know your exact weight or age, but to calculate your BMR I said you were 30, 300 pounds, and 5'9" and your BMR is about 2,150 which is a 300 calorie deficit from what you're eating, so again, I can't see why (unless there is a thyroid or other medical issue?) that you aren't losing those 2 pounds a week.

How long have you been on plan?

Last edited by EricAnn; 11-24-2012 at 02:29 AM.
EricAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:18 AM   #7  

Weights are missing! Your workouts are all cardio. Add in a 'pump' class twice a week or two weights sessions. Doing weights will help you build muscle, shrink fat and feel fit and strong. I also think you'll see your numbers drop.. You are doing great already! You should be proud.
Desert Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #8  

Height: 5'6"

I agree with Desert Dweller - Weights are a great help for not just strengthing your joints and bones, but more muscle means more fat burning power. At first, it might not look like you're losing pounds, but the momentum picks up to be faster (for most people) than when they were doing cardio alone.
RVAscreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #9  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

You need resistance training.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote