Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 09:39 AM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Talking Success Stories

Watching Oprah last night made me think...We have so many amazing success stories here, and everyone always wants to hear their stories. How did you do it? What did you eat? How much did you exercise? What about water? How long did it take you? How much did you weigh when you started? What do you weigh now? How tall are you? What size do you wear? HOW DID YOU DO IT??????

Hearing your stories helps us believe it can be done and it's very motivating.

So please...you success stories out there (and you know who you are!!) let us know your story...your whole story. Once this thread gets going, I will make it a sticky at the top, so the success stories are there for permanent inspiration!!
Old 04-25-2003, 10:25 AM   #2  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

Default my story

well i think i done ok. i started in march 02 was 320lb am now 230ish depending on what i had for lunch the diet i've been using can be seen in the general diets section of the forum under the title of worlds most boring diet and yea it is boring after about a month i was sick of all of it but stuck to it. and i think you all know about the excersise regieme i put myself through a sample of my new one is available in my journal. luck to all si
Old 04-25-2003, 12:57 PM   #3  

Although I'm still a work in progress, my new and improved way of life has been pretty successful. I'm part of the Trevose Behavior Modification Program, a small non-profit weightloss group in PA, NJ, NY, and FL. It's a calorie-counting program that adds "modifications" as you progress such as:
Eat In Place (pick a location at home and at work and that's where you eat when you're there), No sheet, no eat (write everything down), Slow down your eating, leave something over (I put a bit to the side before I start eating), and exercise (I get in at least 1/2 hour at least 3x per week). I stay between 1,300 and 1,540 calories per day and drink about a gallon of water. Simple, but good--I've lost 69 pounds this year.
Old 04-26-2003, 07:54 AM   #4  

Okay, I don't know if my post belongs here...lol. I'm certainly not even close to being at goal yet, but I do have some success that I am very proud of! (I thought of putting it on the small victories thread, but to me it's more than a *small* victory.)

I am the fat girl exercise queen! I have been working up to my current exercise program since late last June--with time out early this year for one minor and one MAJOR surgery. Here's where I am right now...

At least six days a week, I work out for a minimum of one hour. This includes 20-25 minutes on the elliptical or EFX machine, 25-30 on the treadmill with the incline from 2.0-8.0, 1-2 circuits on my Body by Jake Total Body Trainer, and some floor exercises for buns and thighs. This morning I am adding in some of the weight machines at the gym for variety. I also do an aerobics class once a week sometimes for a change of pace.

If you'll let me brag for just a minute, I'll add that I do this for myself and still keep up with what I need to do as a full-time working wife and mother of two little girls. It isn't easy and some days I want to just say "forget it!", but in the past week or so, I've really started to see inches begin to melt away and THAT keeps me going! I'm hoping it will show up on the scales soon, too.

I don't want to sound obnoxious! I just want to encourage others out there...if this former couch potato can be reformed into an exercise nut then anybody can!

Christy
Old 04-26-2003, 12:37 PM   #5  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I don't think it's obnoxious at all! I also enjoy exercise, but I forgot how much until my husband recently signed us up for a gym. I've been back at it for about three weeks and it feels GREAT! I also am a big fan of the elliptical trainer...not such a fan of the treadmill, though. If I'm going to walk or run, I'd rather do it outside. (Of course, ask me again in the middle of the summer when it's 100 degrees and 98% humidity! )
Closed Thread