Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 05:34 PM   #1  

Default diet pills???

i have quite a few questions about diet pills. i read these fitness magazines and see tons of ads for hydroxicut and xenadrine and pills such as that but they dont always give much information. i understand that most only work for as long as you take them, but thats not exactly the answer i am looking for. i am wondering, are there any supplements out there that have proven effective while still being safe? has anyone had success with them and has anyone had certain side effects? also, do you have to be a certain age to purchase them? i appreciate anyone's input.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:48 PM   #2  

Hi,

Please be careful since you are considering taking weight loss supplements. I'm not sure that there are any that are completely safe. Caffeine is a common ingredient, so you could just drink coffee if you want to get partial benefits.

But if you want to consider this further, the Buyer Beware forum on 3fc has a lot of discussions of different supplements. You might also get more responses if you post your question there.

Good luck,
-Deborah
Old 04-25-2003, 02:49 PM   #3  

ShadyBaby - be careful!!! If you've paid attention to the news lately, you know the dangers of ephedra containing products. YOW!!

If you are thinking of supplements, I have found a one-a-day multivitamin to be helpful against many cravings. Something about getting what my body needs helps me from wanting foods that contain it (ie. iron in red meat). Also, calcium has been found to be beneficial for weight loss. Not to mention as a young lady (I'm assuming) it is just a good idea. BTW, Vitamin C helps to have great skin.

Good Luck, I hope to see you around.

-Washu-
Old 04-27-2003, 08:37 AM   #4  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Chromium as a supplement is helpful in controlling blood sugar, especially if you are diabetic or insulin resistant. The multi is a good idea, as is extra calcium.

I was doing a research project and running medline searches on the ephedra containing products and found little in the way of information documenting lasting effectiveness, but some information to the point that people got into cardiac trouble by exceeding the suggested dosages when their body acclimated to the initial dosages. Caution is definitely warranted, particularly if you have any heart issues, or asthma. As for age, you have to be 18 to purchase products like hydroxycut.
Old 04-27-2003, 06:35 PM   #5  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

L-Carnitine

CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid)

Melatonin at night to help you get enough sleep

That is all I would take. You can find them all @ GNC or a health food store. Stay away from Ephedra.
Closed Thread