New Pages!

ontarget
11-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Rhonda, thank you for the new pages.

I don't know much to say today, so I'll just :wave:

pam920
11-16-2012, 07:30 PM
thanks Rhonda.

Sandra, not much to say here either. I'm so sore from painting. I can barely lift my arm, my back hurts, my butt hurts, my chest hurts. I guess I used a lot of muscles that have been laying dormant for awhile.

Tejas
11-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Pam, nothing like painting to make everything hurt. Thanks for reminding me why I haven't done any in 3 years! :lol:

Another explosion in the Gulf...my, my. Also a fire in a chemical plant not too far from here, but not close enough to be a problem for us, at least not directly.

We spent the morning going to the oldest grandkid's Grandparents' Day at school. We spent some time with the younger kids at home then went to the school. We had fun eating lunch with him, going to the book fair and to his classroom. It only took about 4 hours total and we enjoyed it.

We're not doing anything tonight.

I won't miss Twinkies, will you?

ontarget
11-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Naw, I won't miss Twinkies, but I might miss those chocolate cupcakes with the filling. :lol:

Rhonda, your Grandparents' Day sounds like ours. They are wise to attach them to Book Fairs, aren't they?

Pam, I don't paint at all. It would be a Lucy episode. Sorry you're sore. How about a nice hot bath?

pam920
11-16-2012, 09:33 PM
Rhonda, i won't miss twinkies. Quit eating those things years ago. My dad loved the ding dongs and susie q's. Did Hostess make them? I did grow up with Wonder bread.

Sandra, I'm picturing you.......oh Lucy...........

I have a nice soaker tub with jets. I guess it would make sense to use it huh, lol?

ontarget
11-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Sounds soothing, Pam. Enjoy!

Tejas
11-16-2012, 11:01 PM
UH, Pam, get in the tub!!!

Sandra, we spent $98. at the book fair.

nancy237
11-16-2012, 11:17 PM
Hey everyone...

Pam , come over and you can use the hottub !!!

I went to see the movie Lincoln tonight with a friend.. Sorta slow, but good..
Most of the movie was about the politics of getting the abolishment of slavery passed...After the movie we ate at a place and had veggie lasagna that was
amazing..Would love that recipe...

Working around the house tomorrow and going out of town Sunday to see a friend ...

beach bum
11-17-2012, 11:08 AM
HI LADIES:)

I didn't have any time to post this week and now I getting ready for my trip down to NY this Tuesday.

Have to wash my clothes, make a check list pack etc etc etc. Straighten out my house and get the bathroom & the kitchen done also. I was out Wed Thursday & Friday.

Don't know if I will be on the board ,so I'm going to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and DON'T EAT TO MUCH.

Have a great day

ontarget
11-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Nancy, I was wondering about that movie. I'll prob see it but might wait till it comes to HBO

We're having vegetarian enchiladas Thanksgiving. Friends from Houston are coming up and are bringing them. I'm making sides to go with it. Any suggestions? I'm thinking wild grain rice and a salad. (Doesn't sound like we'll be gaining any weight, does it?) :lol:

Maryann, have fun and be safe.

I need to go journal. Days I don't journal, my eating's out of kilter. Have a good day.

nancy237
11-17-2012, 12:52 PM
We're having vegetarian enchiladas Thanksgiving. Friends from Houston are coming up and are bringing them. I'm making sides to go with it. Any suggestions? I'm thinking wild grain rice and a salad. (Doesn't sound like we'll be gaining any weight, does it?) :lol:

I have a recipe for an easy Spicy Corn,Rice & Bean Salad that my family loves..
If you want it I will post it...

ontarget
11-17-2012, 02:35 PM
Thank you, Nancy. Please post it. I'd love to try it.

nancy237
11-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Corn, Rice & Bean Salad

2 cups uncooked rice
2- 16 ounce cans pink kidney beans -rinsed
3 cups corn kernels (I am partial to tender shoe peg )
1 bunch scallions- chopped (about 3/4 cup)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2/3 cup oil ( I cut this down some)
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 Tablespoons Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Light brown sugar
4 pickled jalapeno peppers - stemmed,seeded & quartered
2 teaspoons chili pepper
1 teaspoon salt

Cook Rice
Combine rice,beans,corn & scallions & toss to mix.
Process the remaining ingredients & mix into salad.
Room temperature 4 hours or refrigerator for 24 hours
to allow flavors to blend..
Best served at room temperature.

ontarget
11-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Thank you, Nancy. I'm printing this now.

Tejas
11-17-2012, 05:41 PM
salad would be good with black beans too.....

sloanie
11-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Been baking all day for wedding shower I am co-hosting tomorrow. I am soooooooooooooo tired! One good thing, I am about to make a quick run to a little church down the street from my house that has an annual Thanksgiving dinner that is to die for! Best cornbread dressing ever! I will get our supper to go and come back to start icing! I'll try to post a pic of my cake when I am done.

nancy237
11-17-2012, 08:02 PM
salad would be good with black beans too.....

I love black beans, I may try that next time...

I dumped out 8 junk drawers today on my dining table to sort...How do so many
things end up in a junk drawer..

Tejas
11-17-2012, 09:02 PM
I have only 3 junk drawers....I am deprived!!! :(

I'm eager to see the cake, Sloan.

sloanie
11-17-2012, 09:15 PM
Taking a break from icing:chef:. I have only one junk drawer and one junk house :rofl:

nancy237
11-17-2012, 09:25 PM
They weren't originally designated junk drawers..Everything just ends up in drawers that become "junk " drawers..

I have them all organized now...feels so much better...

Going to bed early to read some of Smoke Jumper by Nicholas Evans .
He also wrote The Horse Whisperer Excellent writer !!

ontarget
11-17-2012, 10:19 PM
Nancy, is he from Montana? Just wondering. I may google him to see.

Rhonda, black beans in the salad sounds good. There's a healthy nutrition store in Cleburne out where Penney's used to be in Nolan River Mall. I will go there next week to look for organic goodies. Who knows? We may start eating healthier.

Sloan, can I have some cake? I'm so ready to see it.

Tejas
11-18-2012, 12:02 AM
Cake! I want cake! :tantrum:

Junk house---I like that.

I re-organized a big closet recently and that felt good. Tomorrow, I'm cleaning the refrigerator(s). :(

pam920
11-18-2012, 11:12 AM
morning chicks.

i got the trim painted yesterday. Have a dresser to paint and hang curtains. Still sore,but not as bad.

I have one junk drawer here in Fl and 4 in KY.

Rhonda, I know that felt good to get your closet organized. Come clean my fridge when you are done. It needs it.

Sloan, be sure to post a pic of your cake.

Sandra, are you making that dip? It sure sounds good.

Nancy, did you get any more offers on your house? Is it officially off the market now?

Need to go shopping for my Thanksgiving dinner later.

Hi Maryann, and enjoy your trip.

ontarget
11-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Pam, what dip?

We're having to work at keep up our spirits today. Guess that's maybe due to a lot of cloud cover outside. Anyway, we'll just keep on keepin' on. I found out last week that my brother is undergoing tests to see if his vascular system is good enough to undergo a procedure to save his right leg. I feel so sorry for him. Sorry about being so "down" today. I am going to start focusing on all the good things around. Life is good.

Tejas
11-18-2012, 03:33 PM
Oh boy, Sandra...you've got a lot on your mind now. The cloud cover doesn't have to be dreary. My late husband said the grey of the sky shows off the green of the trees and grass. See if you can see that. I'm so sorry that your husband and brother are both hurting. Life is good, but it has its serious challenges.

In the meantime, I am thinking of the Israeli/Hamas conflict. My late husband, mentioned above, was Israeli and his family is all over Israel, from the north to the south.

I'm making stew and cornbread for dinner.

ontarget
11-18-2012, 03:42 PM
Rhonda, thank you. I will focus on the good outside. I just finished mowing (riding mower) the front. There is some sunshine popping through now. That's also good for the spirits. I know you're worried about your family in Israel. Are you in touch with them? Can you keep up with them during this?

I am baking brownies. To heck with diets today. There's always tomorrow to get back on track. I've already licked the spoon. They are going to be good! Guess brownies will be a good substitute since I can't have any of Sloan's cake. :lol:

Tejas
11-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Sandra, yes I'm in touch with them on FB. We talk every now and then, and I visit every 5 years. This year is the year that I should go, in the summer. We shall see what happens.

The stew, salad and cornbread were tasty.

sloanie
11-18-2012, 09:25 PM
I uploaded a couple of pics. The apron shaped cake has tiny apples on it, and the apron pocket says "He's whisking her away". That cake is red velvet. The cupcake is key lime and has a glaze of lime juice and icing sugar along with the icing. They both got rave reviews!

pam920
11-18-2012, 10:01 PM
sloan, they look delicious. Great job. You made both of them? Very talented.

Sandra, I hope your brother gets good news. Brownies sound good.

Rhonda, I hope your family is safe. I can't remember the last time I made stew. I should give it a try.

ontarget
11-18-2012, 11:36 PM
Rhonda, FB is amazing, isn't it? I hope you're able to go this summer. Stew and cornbread sounds good. Solid and good.

I am almost sick from eating so many brownies.

Sloan, the cakes look yummy. You're very talented.

Tejas
11-18-2012, 11:45 PM
Yummy-looking cake, Sloan...beautiful.

Tejas
11-19-2012, 09:37 AM
Last and first on :dance:

Ok, everyone. We are headed into a busy week with lots of food and drink temptations. It's going to be tough, so hang in there. Enjoy but don't get too crazy :crazy:

I've started my day with a healthy protein shake: Greek yogurt, almond milk, egg whites, !/2 banana and dehydrated PB....yummy!

We're having the LR-DR carpets cleaned this morning (again)..did I say that already? Anyway, the dog got sick on Halloween and I can't get all the stains off the carpet.

My brother's ex-wife is in the hospital this morning getting a hip replacement, so I'll go see her later. Then, to the gym.

Exciting day :lol:

ontarget
11-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Rhonda, sounds like you're busy. We're back from town and will be home the rest of the day. I'm making meatloaf, sweet potatoes, and other veggies for lunch.

Everybody take a deep breath. The holidays have begun.

Love you!

ontarget
11-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Okay. I need help. I have been struggling. Yesterday I made homemade brownies loaded with walnuts. Today I've dusted. I need to start posting what I eat. Maybe that will help me stay focused.

I'm going to come back to this post during the day and add what I eat. My plan is to be COREish.

Monday Nov. 19
b--2 oranges

l--homemade meatloaf. I made it using the Pioneer's Meatloaf Packet. All I had to add besides 1 # burger was water and an egg.
--steamed cabbage/carrots with a little OO.
--canned whole kernal corn. (I add 1 packet Splenda and some Butterbuds)
--canned English peas. Same as corn.
--baked sweet potato (I sprayed my half with butter spray)
--ketchup

s--2 bananas
s--2 oranges

d--meatloaf, cabbage/carrots, ketchup

s--2 oranges and some grapes
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tuesday, Nov. 19

b--banana

l--turkey breast, mashed potatoes, English peas, salad/ Champaigne dressing

pam920
11-19-2012, 05:26 PM
hello chicks.

Sandra, 2 oranges are not substantial breakfast. You need more food so you don't get hungry later in the day. Have you tried cinnamon on your sweet potato? I can eat them plain, but sometimes I'll add a little cinnamon and it's good.

Rhonda, I didn't walk today. It's kinda on the cool side and guess we are being lazy today.

I am cooking my traditional dinner. We can splurge one day of the year, right? I love my pumpkin pie, but DH doesn't really care for it, so I'm not making one this year. First time ever. Instead, we are having fresh fruit and I'll make a dip for it, with cool whip, cream cheese and dry pudding mix.

ontarget
11-19-2012, 05:41 PM
Pam, we slept late this morning. I didn't have a lot of time between bfast and lunch. Thank you for the tip on cinnamon.

ontarget
11-19-2012, 05:42 PM
I probably won't post my menus every day afterall. It's a hassle. I'm posting it on WW. That should be enough. Posting here was just a thought.

pam920
11-19-2012, 06:08 PM
post it here Sandra. It will make you double accountable, lol

Tejas
11-19-2012, 08:07 PM
I had the protein shake; cereal with almond milk; and now, beef stew. I've had one orange and two gluten free cookies. I have to fast after midnight because I"m getting blood drawn tomorrow for testing for renewing meds prescription.

I'll have more later.

My SIL came through surgery OK, they had her up walking within hours after the surgery. Tomorrow she goes to rehab.

ontarget
11-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Rhonda, that's good news about your sil. That's what we like to hear. Glad she's doing so well and will get on to rehab. I hope you get your bloodwork done early and don't have to fast too long in the morning.

Okay, I'll keep posting till I get off track. :lol: I know I definitely need accountability.

Pam, you're right. We all need to enjoy Thanksgiving.

nancy237
11-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Rhonda..glad to hear the good news..

What is dehydrated PB..That may be something I should find..Does it mix easier than the real stuff ??

Sloan..you are so talented..lovely !!!

The house is off the market & it feels great..
I can pull the photos out I put away and not be so OCD about every
little thing.. Daughter will fly in tomorrow and we are all meeting in SC on Wed at the girls grandparents (and my adopted mom & dad) with about 40 extended family.. The boys will be there too and its been about 10 years since they have been to a Thanksgiving there..

I have been eating low carb but my weight won't budge..
After Thanksgiving, I need to get on track !!

pam920
11-19-2012, 09:03 PM
Great news on your SIL Rhonda. I think I'll have a bowl of cereal. You made me hungry. Good luck with your blood work and hope you get good numbers.

Sandra, I thought that rice dish was a dip. Duh. My granddaughter makes her version of Chili's Southwestern Egg Rolls. She made them once while I was in KY and they were so good. I need to get her recipe. She made them the other day and said they turned good and she makes them more on the healthy side.

I usually get my blood work done a few days before I see my cardio, but he ordered a different one for the next time. They send it out and it takes a week, so I will have to get it done at least 10 days before my visit in late April. Some nuclear type test. Hope my insurance pays for this. I still have a co pay but I think it's a more expensive test.

Nancy, we were posting at the same time. Sounds like a great Thanksgiving get-together. With your house off the market, you can relax and enjoy the holiday season.

Tejas
11-20-2012, 01:07 AM
Congrats on the house being settled for a while, Nancy. You can snuggle in for the winter now. Boy, that's a lot of people for Thanksgiving!! Good luck.

I'll have 10-12 adults here and about 6 little ones on Saturday. I'm making the turkey and dressing and some desserts...others are bringing the rest of the food. It won't be too hard :lol:

I'm on my church board and we had a 3 hour meeting tonight! Too long.

I'm watching CNN and listening to Shimon Peres, the President of israel. He is amazing. I met him when I was in Israel. We went to the same language school. I was studying Hebrew and he was studying Arabic. I don't know him well, of course, but we had a few lunches together at the school.

ontarget
11-20-2012, 01:33 PM
Nancy, glad you have the house off the market till spring. Now you can enjoy your time this winter. That's a lot of folks Thanksgiving. You will have a grand time having all your kids there with you. Makes me smile.

Pam, I've had nuclear tests before. Insurance paid well. I hope yours does, too. Can you post that recipe? I'd like to take a peek at it.

Rhonda, sounds like you have a busy week, too. That's interesting about your knowing Peres. You have an interesting life. Maybe you could share some of your adventures with us? I'd like to hear about them and know others here would, too.

I'm going for a pedi/mani in about an hour. I'm so ready for them. WW this morning went well. I maintained on the scales. The meeting was about Thanksgiving (of course). Next week will most likely be our last with our current leader. She's getting married in 11 days. Her groom lives in OK and works for the state. She's not giving us any particulars about her leaving till next week. Sad...... She's an outstanding leader who has won numerous WW awards. She's in the top 5% of the nation. We'll miss her but will welcome the new leader.

Tejas
11-20-2012, 08:34 PM
I came home from the doctor and ate everything in sight :lol: He was sympathetic with the weight gain and also said he is not surprised it is taking so long to get back to normal He said that was normal for that kind of surgery. hmmmm. Ok, I guess I feel better. I haven't really liked this particular doctor very much so he won a few points today. I had an EKG, and a chest x-ray, both of which were normal. Just waiting on blood tests.

Nancy, dehydrated PB is just that. It is very low fat. I use it in shakes, and mix it with real PB on bread to reduce calories and fat.

Sandra, I hope you got your mani-pedi OK, and that you'll be OK with your new WW leader. :hug:

Tejas
11-21-2012, 10:10 AM
Wow, I win again!

I'll spend my day getting ready for the meal at church tomorrow. I've got to make a cake, dressing and a turkey. Our family meal is Saturday.

Are you all in the kitchen today?

I am watching the TV about the attack on the bus in Tel Aviv. My late husband was from Tel Aviv, and I've been there many times. I have never seen one of these attacks, but one year there was an attack at a rest stop where my SIL and I had been just 24 hours earlier. I have some sense of what it is like to live in that fear, and the constant vigilance it requires. Exhausting.

ontarget
11-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Rhonda, your doctor won some points with me, too. Sounds like he understands his patients. That is so sad about what's happening in Israel. It has to be exhausting the people there. I hope all settles down quickly for them, but I have my doubts.

I stayed the same at wi yesterday. The bad news is I hadn't updated my tracker from 3 weeks back so when I do so, it will reflect a gain. Life goes on.

ontarget
11-21-2012, 03:40 PM
Okay, it's updated. Ya'll have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING tomorrow.

It's 81* here now, so I'm going outside. Talk to you later.

sloanie
11-22-2012, 09:01 AM
Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.
I Chronicles 29:13

:thanks2: Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

pam920
11-22-2012, 10:55 AM
:turkey::thanks1:

Happy Thanksgiving

ontarget
11-22-2012, 11:21 AM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING

:happ3:

Vickie
11-22-2012, 11:41 AM
HAPPY Thanksgiving, Chicks!

Tejas
11-22-2012, 06:59 PM
:thanks2:

The potluck at church was just simply amazing. There were about 40 people, more food than you can imagine, and all of it really good. Now, it's time for a nap.

sloanie
11-22-2012, 11:04 PM
Ugh! I have eaten waaaaayyyy too much! Delicious food, great time with family, lovin' me some couch time now!

Rhonda, it's nice that your church had the potluck. Glad you enjoyed it!

ontarget
11-22-2012, 11:42 PM
I totally lost track today, but it was all good.

Tejas
11-23-2012, 09:15 AM
It's the day after, and we have another feast tomorrow. I LOVE Thanksgiving.

:dance:

ontarget
11-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Our company just left for Houston. Loving Thanksgiving, too. Thank goodness for WAP's. Just hope I have enough. Not wanting to add exercising. :lol: One reason I'm trying to lose this week is that this Tuesday will be my WW leader's last day with us. She's marrying and moving to OK. I know me. If I don't do well this week, I will try to get out of going Tuesday and I don't want to miss her last day. Make sense?

sloanie
11-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Cold leftover dressing is my favorite post Thanksgiving treat! Right now, I am baking wedding cakes for Dec 8th. Only two layers left! I am baking 2-10 inch two layer cakes, and one 3 tiered cake that will have the bride and groom on top. Separate layers will go into the freezer until the day before the wedding. Oh yea, I forgot to say, "I passed Statistics!"
Happy "Day After Thanksgiving" !!!!

ontarget
11-23-2012, 06:42 PM
:woohoo: Sloan!!!!!! Congratulations!:cp::cp::cp::bravo::cp::cp::cp: :cheer2: :cheer::cheer3::cheer2:

sloanie
11-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Thanks, Sandra! I love how the emoticons are all moving in unison!!!!

ontarget
11-23-2012, 09:32 PM
They're moving for you, Sloan. Enjoy your holidays knowing, "You done good."

Tejas
11-24-2012, 12:51 AM
Congratulations, Sloan. I tried to add some emoticons but Sandra used them all :lol: Passing statistics is quite an achievement--be proud!

I saw two of my great nieces today and I asked them if they wanted any particular food tomorrow. They said anything as long as it is pie. The older one asked for pumpkin pie, and it is in the oven right now. The younger one said "cheesecake." I told her that was not a pie but that I'd get some, and I did. I have made a cheesecake before and it cost more to make it than to buy it! We are going to have 3 pies, 2 cakes, ice cream, and cookies :lol:

sloanie
11-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Rhonda, thanks! Can I come over? Sounds like dessert heaven!!

ontarget
11-24-2012, 12:07 PM
Rhonda, sorry about that. I tend to over indulge in lots of things including food and emoticons. Sloan's right. it sounds like dessert heaven at your place.your Have some cheesecake for me. I've already had pumpkin pie.

I guess everyone's having a fun Saturday. The last couple days felt like Sundays to me, so I don't know what today is. :lol:

nancy237
11-24-2012, 02:54 PM
Good job Sloan !!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving !!!

I spent 2 days in SC with one part of the family, Now I am home with
the boys, grandson & daughter from Ca...Enjoying family !!

sloanie
11-24-2012, 03:56 PM
Thanks, Nancy! Sounds like you are in your "happy place" :cloud9:

Tejas
11-24-2012, 07:46 PM
I survived. We were missing 2 adults and 1 child, but we had plenty of people and LOTS of food. I'll take the left-over desserts to church coffee hour tomorrow.

It was a fine time. But, you know, I'm missing the kind of Thanksgiving I used to have when I went home to Mama and stayed for days and cooked with her. No one is cooking with me. People bring food and it's great, but something is missing. I told my niece that next year she had to come and spend the night at my house and get up early with me and start cooking. It's lonely getting ready for the party alone. DH will do his tasks on his list, but it's just not the same. I hope I don't sound whiney; I don't mean to be, and I do appreciate what I have. I guess it's just a tribute to my Mama--it's not the same without her. :cry:

sloanie
11-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Missing your Mama is not the same as whiney! Holidays are very emotional times. I think it's a great new tradition for you and your niece to cook together!!

Tejas
11-24-2012, 08:39 PM
:hug: Sloan

Holidays are emotional times, aren't they? i tend to just forge ahead, get the job done, then wonder what hit me :lol:

ontarget
11-24-2012, 09:50 PM
Rhonda, :hug: You're not whiney at all. I know I always am saying how lucky your niece is to have you. Well, you're lucky to have her, too.

nancy237
11-25-2012, 01:50 AM
Rhonda..I know what you mean about missing the cooking with your mom..
I mostly talked & she cooked but with both parents gone, its never the same.
I keep trying to recreate the floorplan I had growing up, because I felt so safe & loved there.. I just associate a kitchen with a bar & stools as a happy thing..

Enjoyed my kids again today..We plan to fix a breakfast of sausage & gravy over biscuits in the morning..Usually its the day after Thanksgiving that we do that..

After everyone goes home I am going to try 5 mini meals a day.
This is what I am going to try with variations..
8am-protein shake
11 am - salad with protein
2pm- healthy soup
5 pm- healthy recipe
8pm- yogurt & berries & nuts

I think a routine of packing a soup & salad everyday when I start work will help me and if I eat out I can still get soup & salad and save one for later in the day. Evenings should be easier with lots of options. My daughter said she takes a big salad to work and it lasts 3 days in the frig just fine. She dishes out a bowl & dresses it before eating it.

Also plan to get started with my exercise...

I need to set a start date, My daughter will be here til Wed.. I will try to do
the best I can until then..She can go to the gym with me and help me get started there..She always inspires me ..Today she ran 8 miles and came back and did a yoga & pilates routine..

sloanie
11-25-2012, 09:37 AM
8 miles! Wow! Nancy, have you seen the jar salads that folks are posting about? Check out this article. There are more, but this will get you started. http://www.thedailymuse.com/health/the-best-new-way-to-bring-your-lunch/

Tejas
11-25-2012, 09:40 AM
You Chickies are so sweet :grouphug:

Today is our 6th wedding anniversary and we're going to a local inn for lunch. It's a beautiful spot, about a 3-minute drive from our house. Take a look:

http://www.denton-wildwoodinn.com/

I hope none of us were involved in that melee called "Black Friday". To me, that gross consumerism says more about our society than anything related to social and fiscal policies.

Nancy, my home has a great floor plan for entertaining, and a bar with stools :lol: I was a bit worried yesterday with 9 kids underfoot, but they were so good and there wasn't too much running through the kitchen---I was only worried about their safety but all was fine.

I hope you all have a great day today.

Tejas
11-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Nancy--maybe your daughter could be our group trainer?

nancy237
11-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Sloan..thanks so much for that info on the jar salads...

I love that idea !!!.. My goal is to go grocery shopping on Sundays and make a few soups for the week too.. I would have never guessed the salads would keep like that and the idea to layer them is genius.. That would be great for traveling too.

ontarget
11-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Sloan, I just clicked the link and am going to check out the jar salads when I finish posting here. Thank you in advance for the tips.

Nancy, I always enjoyed a kitchen with barstools and bar, too. Good times were had hanging around the kitchen.

Rhonda, your house IS perfect for gatherings. I am so happy for you and Doyle and for having you in my life. Happy Anniversary to you both. It doesn't seem like 6 years. Seems like just the other day you two got married.

My friend was coming out at 2 today but had to cancel. We're just going to piddle around here today. Another friend from Houston (not the couple who were here Thanksgiving) will be here for a visit tomorrow. We're actually turning into social butterflies.

My eating is back on track in spite of eating at Chicken Express. Just put some fat into my arteries; but, boy, was it good!

Tejas
11-25-2012, 05:02 PM
Groan, I'm not allowed to eat again until Christmas!!! :faint:

ontarget
11-25-2012, 06:00 PM
Rhonda, I understand.

Sloan, I shared your Jar Salad idea link on my FB wall. Folks are already talking about its being a good idea. Thank you for sharing. Share more please.

Tejas
11-25-2012, 08:49 PM
I thought the jar salads were a cute idea, but I'm hard-pressed to believe that they will stay good for 5 days. I have some of those bags and containers that keep produce fresh longer, and they really work well.

sloanie
11-25-2012, 09:25 PM
Here is a pic of a practice cake that I made today. I may need to make a couple more before the wedding, so I feel comfortable with the design. My sister and niece really like it, so that makes me feel better. I have been pretty nervous about this project.

Rhonda, I have not tried the jar salad myself, but there are several bloggers that say they have success with them. Maybe Sandra can give us a report :)

ontarget
11-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Sloan, the cake looks beautiful. Question--what happens with these practice cakes?

pam920
11-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Congrats sloan on passing your class. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a beautiful cake.

Rhonda, I get to missing my parents on holidays too. I have always been the cook and the last 2 yrs we've been in Florida. At least the kids get together for dinner and eventually I'll be back in KY to cook for them. My granddaughter started helping me the last couple years. Happy 6 years.

Sandra, you are becoming a social butterfly for sure. I bought a store bought pumpkin pie and was so disappointed. I always make mine and this year decided not to and bought one. Next year, I bake my own.

Hope Maryann is enjoying her stay in NY.

Hey Vickie.

Nancy, your daughter really packs in the miles. My sis runs too, but not that far. Maybe 5 miles.

sloanie
11-25-2012, 10:05 PM
Sandra, this practice cake (along with a gift card) is going to be given to the teacher at my school who helped me with my Statistics class. She has two children who patiently waited several afternoons after school for her to work with me. Hopefully they like cake. When I make the next one, I will probably give it away as well. DH is diabetic, DS has lost 90 pounds, and I am as fat as ever, so having cake here is not a good idea. ;)

ontarget
11-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Sloan, those are wonderful gifts.

Pam, we got the pumpkin pie from Braum's. So far I've never gotten anything there that wasn't good. I really really like their pecan pies.

Tejas
11-26-2012, 08:14 AM
The cake looks wonderful, Sloan. I got all the desserts out of here yesterday--took them to church coffee hour. A number of other people did the same thing.

Pam, I made a pumpkin pie, using pumpkin pie spice. It was not as good as using the separate spices. That's sweet that your granddaughter helped you. I should find a way to get the kids involved in the preparations. Some of them are getting old enough, and even the youngest could do some little things.

I told my former sister-in-law about missing my mother and sister and she said that if we did this party next year she would come and spend the night before with us and help me get ready. Isn't that sweet? She is 6 years older than I am and is the person alive who has known me the longest (well, except for my brother who is non-functinal really). Sandra, she is the one you met at the wedding and we went to lunch with her once.

Hmmm, Braum's make a pecan pie...might have to check that out for Christmas. I like the recipe on the back of the Karo syrup bottle. I like chocolate that some people add to it, but it is also gilding the lily--pecan pie is sweet enough.

My trainer cancelled his sessions today-- I guess his holiday weekend was a bit much. I think I'll see if DH wants to go to see Lincoln. I heard that the Life of Pi is great too.

I woke up at 4AM, and I'm going to go back to bed for an hour or so....then off to tap practice. We have 3 performances this week and I hope my foot holds out. It gave me fits this week.

ontarget
11-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Rhonda, I remember her. She's a sweet lady. You will have fun preparing the meal together. Makes me smile. Braum's pecan pie is frozen. I have been buying them for years. I really like them. ;) ;) ;) for your foot holding out. How about a video here for us?

I thought we were having company this morning but plans have changed and she'll come tomorrow afternoon. I have wi in the morning. It will be bittersweet as this will be our leader's last meeting with us. I am happy for her but will miss her.

Have a Marvelous Monday.

Tejas
11-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Please read this. you probably know it, but I didn't know about seville oranges or limes.....

http://healthyliving.msn.com/diseases/high-blood-pressure/more-new-drugs-a-bad-fit-with-grapefruit-study-finds-1

Sandra, we don't seem to have a videographer this year. :(

ontarget
11-26-2012, 06:46 PM
Probably a good thing we don't like grapefruit. :lol:

Wish you had a videographer.

pam920
11-26-2012, 10:16 PM
I knew about grapefruit, but not the other fruits.

Rhonda, hope your foot holds up.

Sandra, good luck with WI tomorrow.

nancy237
11-27-2012, 01:15 AM
Another fun day with family..
We all went and had lunch with my grandson at his school today..
Of course his aunt & uncle love to embarrass him as much as possible.:D
Then my daughter & I went shopping , had dinner here with other daughter's family. When they left Ca. daughter and I fit in a 9:00 movie.

I am getting a sore throat & cough..drat it !!

I am ready to get this weight under control .....
I haven't done terrible this week, but
since daughter leaves Wed and Dec 1 is Sat that will be a good day to start tracking my eating ....

Rhonda...that is sweet about your former sister in law...

ontarget
11-27-2012, 10:48 AM
My eating was good till yesterday afternoon/evening, and I have wi this morning. Does this sound like self-sabotage?

Ya'll have a good day.

Tejas
11-27-2012, 10:02 PM
It was a long day for me today....we had tap practice, then a performance, followed by lunch. This afternoon a group of people I'm involved with on a children's mental health project met here at my house.

But tonight I'm just vegging out--watching NCIS and Vegas.

Tomorrow one of DH's nephews who is a pilot will be visiting for the evening. We haven't see him in 3 years. (Sandra, I'm talking about Larry)

Nancy, I hope you feel better. I hate colds. We were sick here in late September and it just hung on. DH has really ben suffering from sinus problems also.

Eating is so-so....had a great salad last night and need to eat more of them..

ontarget
11-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Rhonda, sometime so so is as good as it gets.

Today's been a fun day. We met a friend for lunch at a hamburger place and fun at the archery shop. I calculate 8 pts for what I had. I had a Whataburger Jr. Could have eaten a larger burger, but what I had was plenty.

Tejas
11-28-2012, 10:13 PM
yep, nothing wrong with "so-so." Today was the same, but lower calorie I think. I wasn't counting.

We had a great visit with the nephew.

Tomorrow is a super busy day, with another tap practice and lots of other things to do.

I hope you're all having a good night.

ontarget
11-28-2012, 11:04 PM
Rhonda, what's the name of Larry's winery?

pam920
11-29-2012, 12:05 AM
hi chicks.

Sandra, how did WI go? I remember going to whataburger when I visited my daughter when she lived in TX. I remember them being pretty good.

Rhonda, you are always so busy. How did your foot hold up during tap?

I made a pot of soup today. I used chicken sausage with white beans and kale. It was pretty delicious. I have plenty left for tomorrow.

Vickie
11-29-2012, 07:23 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I've been up since 4 with a tummy ache so I thought I'd pop in and say hello. I cooked Core cornmeal chicken so I'm not sure what made me sick. Sigh.

Busy here, as always. Got the tree up and decorated. Today is decorating of the rest of the house. I've been busy Christmas shopping and getting ready to write Christmas cards too. I guess it's that time for everyone.

My eating is ok most days, bad on others. Brodie was sick again....but is better now. He is just going to be a high maintenance pup. But it's ok because he is smart and sweet and completely adorable.

Jim and I are fine. I've been walking a bit. His tongue is doing ok too. On Friday, I have lunch out with my GF from work and on Saturday I'm having lunch with 7 of my grammar school girlfriends....class of 1970! It's going to be a lot of fun and laughs and I'm looking forward to it very much.

I've been reading and am glad to see that you are all well. Hugs and love.

ontarget
11-29-2012, 12:13 PM
Good morning. Today's the day we go to the doctor to find out if Curtis had infection in his shoulder. We are both optimistic and in good spirits. We're expecting good news.

Pam, I gained .2 lb. It didn't change my tracker. Guess I was about to have a loss before I self-destructed.

Hi there, Vickie. I have sooooo been missing you. It's good to see you here this morning. Your week sounds like fun. Enjoy your time with the girls. Those are precious times for sure. Sorry about Brodie but glad you're able to help him. It's also good to hear that you and Jim are doing well. Your Christmas decorating makes me want to get the spirit more. We'll prob put up our tree this weekend.

Waving at all yet to get here and all who are just reading and not posting.

Vickie
11-29-2012, 01:42 PM
Sandra, I'm praying for you and Curtis.

nancy237
11-29-2012, 06:28 PM
Took my daughter to the airport yesterday and went to bed with this cold/flu??
I slept almost 24 hours except for getting up for a drink & soup last night..
This afternoon I was able to get a few things done but my head is still pounding...At least the worse of this hit after the kids all left and I didn't miss time with them..

Sandra..let us know what the Dr says..sure hoping its good news..

Vickie..hope your tummy is better

Pam..your soup sounds good..

Rhonda..you sound as busy as ever..

ontarget
11-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Nancy, I am so sorry you're sick, but it's good you were feeling well while your kids were there.

We got some good news today. Curtis does not have infection. The scary part is that in 4-6 months if it's decided he needs additional surgery, he'll have to have it in Houston. Dr. Milne said doctors around here can't do it. He said there are 3 in the US who can. The closest is in Houston. The other 2 are in New York and Minneapolis. But we're being optimistic that he won't have to have that surgery.

I'm subbing tomorrow at a campus where I won't be able to get online. Ya'll have a good day.

Tejas
11-29-2012, 10:56 PM
Here is the link to DH's nephew's winery:

http://www.chateauaeronautiquewinery.com/

It is doing very well.

My foot has been hurting but I've been very active. I saw the podiatrist today and he said that I was not damaging it and just either quit tap for a while or take drugs and use ice and compression. :) I'm not quitting. We have only 3 more performances which are spread out over the month. The rest of the time I will sit down.

pam920
11-29-2012, 11:22 PM
Sandra that is great news. Hope he doesn't need the other surgery. Sorry you didnt see al loss, but move on and maybe next week.

Rhonda, if you can handle the pain, I agree, go for it. My great grandparents were from Jackson MI. Didn't know Michigan grew grapes for wine.

Nancy, sorry you are sick. Bad way to lose weight. Knock on wood, I never get sick enough to not eat.

Vickie, you sound busy, but a fun busy. Sorry about Brody. Glad you have it under control.

Tejas
11-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Nancy, I hope you are feeling better today.

Sandra that is great news about Curtis--let's hope he doesn't have to have more surgery.

Vickie---poor little Brodie!! :(

I LOVE white beans and greens!!

I'm off to take a a nap, then go to our tap performance on the square for the tree-lighting events.

ontarget
11-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Rhonda, tap away, Cuz. Rest in between. Thank you for the link. I'll send it to our friends from Houston. They visit family in Michigan frequently. I was wanting to let them know about Larry's winery.

:wave: at everyone. Hope you're having a great TGIF.

sloanie
11-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Our school football team is playing in the state championship tonight. If they win, they will be state champs for the second time in three years! I am at home listening online. Go Bucs!

nancy237
11-30-2012, 09:14 PM
Sloan..hope your school wins !!
Sandra..good news..hoping he won't need surgery..

I canceled my cable/internet provider today, I think they unplug me tomorrow.
They are charging me a high fee because I am not a new customer, so I may just do without. I don't watch TV anyway..
I will look for cheaper internet..

feeling better ..trying to do Shakes,Soup & Salad as much as possible to get
some pounds off..

ontarget
11-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Go, Bucs! Sloan, I hope ya'll win. One of my schools is playing for Area tonight. Right now they are behind by 7.

Nancy, good success getting those lbs off. We've been having a lot of soup lately. Tonight we had fried catfish, though. Will I ever learn? Well, I've really already learned, I just don't apply that knowledge.

sloanie
12-01-2012, 12:25 AM
My Beech Buccaneers won!!!!:carrot:

How did your guys do, Sandra?

beach bum
12-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Hi Ladies:)

I'm back, had a wonderful time with my family at Thanksgiving. On my trip down to NY the Train between New Haven and Stafford was stopped for 45 mins we hit a deer,and it brought me to Penn Station a hour later than I was suppose to arrive.

Met my DS Girlfriend and she has almost the same personality that he has. Shes a very nice young woman and I will be happy if she was my DDIL. My DD likes her also,in fact the whole family feels the same way.

The only thing that brought my DD to screaming was the MIL brought two other unexpected couples to the dinner. The girlfriend probably wondered why the party were in 3 different rooms my family in the back room , the IN-LAWS in the dining room and the two other couple in the kitchen. None of us got along. So this Christmas my DD is planning to NOT HAVE DINNER THIS TIME AROUND,as my DGD is going into surgery on Dec 27th. My DD is telling them[the IL] to make other plans, and my sister and I are coming down anyway,she on Christmas Day and I'm coming down on Sunday for Christmas.I'm going to take care of the children when my DD is in the hospital with my GD.

Got back on Tuesday but I had so many things to do when getting home I didn't have time to post. This weekend our town is putting up the tree, along with strolling & caroling,near our Nobster light house location. Tomorrow we are going to have our Christmas Parade with all the main roads locked up to drivers. So there's not brunch for Mary & I. We're also can't go to the movies as the floats for the parade are all parked in the Walmart shopping center.

That's all about the news on my end. I going to start my dinner and promise tomorrow I will be on the board again.

ontarget
12-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Sloan, congratulations to your Bucs! My Zebras lost. They played a good game, though.

Maryann, glad you're home safely. Sounds like Thanksgiving was tense. Sorry about that. Hopefully, Christmas will be better without the inlaws. How is your sil about this? I know family gatherings can be taxing.

We went to a tournament today. I shot well with my recurve. We're going back tomorrow and I'm shooting with my longbow. Should be fun. My food's all right. I have used several WAP's this week. Thank goodness for fruit and veggies. :lol:

Ya'll have a wonderful evening.

Tejas
12-01-2012, 11:56 PM
We have new pages