Atkins - Anyone interested in starting a mini challenge??

zay
11-16-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm in a rut.....I'd like to see how much I can lose before Thanksgiving while staying very strict on carbs and calories between now and Wednesday night. I need friendship and accountability.

Anyone??

jdennis84
11-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Hello, my name is Jen.
I would love to join u in this challenge.. How would we do this? I'm just starting my weight loss... I've reduced my calorie intake to 1500. And work out about 3-4x per week. So, what do we do first?

zay
11-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Hi Jen! I am starting today at 301.5. I am tracking my food on my daily plate and will post my menu, calories, carbs and weight. I intend to check in at least twice per day ...(morning and night) . Anyone else??? This is for 7 full days for me (this morning through Thursday morning)

geoblewis
11-16-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm in! My calories are at 1750 and carbs are at 25 gm net.

Thanks for starting this, Zay!

zay
11-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Hello again Jen and hello Geo! Thanks for joining the challenge. I'm up in weight. My lowest weight (in about 6 years) was 292 about a month ago. Been having a rough month :)
My desired diet is under 1500 calories and under 30 carbs. I going to do Net too. Today I've only had protein and fat...trying to get into ketosis.
How are you two doing?

geoblewis
11-16-2012, 03:24 PM
I have been reading up on ketosis this last week. I have never used the Ketostix before but I just got some on Amazon this morning and will use them when they arrive. I'm a type 2 and have PCOS so eating very low carb is what I have to do, no matter what it's called!

I had gotten down to 286 lbs (for about 2 hours I think) back in June, but then I went on vacation and lost my focus. I gained back up to 302 lbs very quickly. It freaked me out, but I know it was all water and glycogen replacement.

I'm at 297 lbs this morning. Had a lovely little breakfast of 2 Applegate Farms savory turkey breakfast sausage and 2 scrambled eggs cooked in olive oil, plus a little cream in my coffee. Just finished a workout at my fitness studio. Not sure what I'm having for lunch yet.

davematthewsband
11-16-2012, 07:53 PM
I will join too! My mini challenge is to be officially back in ketostis by Thanksgiving. So I will be at 20 carbs or under and will be tracking in my app. I am also making a mini goal of rejoining the local gym before Thanksgiving. I keep saying I'm going to - but have yet to walk in. Now is the time!

jdennis84
11-16-2012, 08:09 PM
Hello... Today had been crazy... So much running around to do... With a 9 month old.. I didn't have time to eat past lunch. My calorie intake today has been 700. I had oatmeal for breakfast and 10 breaded chicken nuggets with a serving of French fries.... I was planning a dinner of chicken breast/broccoli and rice.... But its getting late. I may just have a bowl of sliced strawberrys in milk.

zay
11-16-2012, 08:20 PM
Hey DMB and jdennis! Thanks for joining. I like your goal DMB...me too...back in ketosis - its the only way I feel in control. I haven't had any veggies today and I don't like not having any. This means no more nuts for me. Too high calories and carbs. Kinda feels like sludge - all of the eggs and burger patties. I'm going to add in my veggies tomorrow and will stick to 20 carbs NET.

Today so far (and Im' finished for the day)
eggs (several throughout the day)
mayo
gr sirloin patties
nuts
pork rinds
1539 calories - 22 carbs - 18 net carbs - 89 protein

Have a good night all!

zay
11-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Geo, how did you do the rest of the day? Seems we are close in stats. My highest was last summer at 331. I've managed to take some off but not quick enough for me! :)

geoblewis
11-16-2012, 10:18 PM
I had a meeting at work that lasted till later in the afternoon, so I missed lunch. My son and I just got home from an early dinner at our favorite Thai restaurant, a big bowl of Tom Ka Kai soup and chicken satay with peanut sauce. Not sure how to track those carbs and calories, so I won't even try. I'm done eating for the night.

So it's the weekend. What have you all got planned to stay on track? I've got a lot of housework to get done and I'm hoping I'll be too busy to notice that I want to get snacky or cave in to whatever my sons talk me into doing. I'm not spending any more money till my next payday, so I won't be tempted to go out and indulge. And when I want to take breaks from housework, you may find I've checked in here and posted far too much on everybody's threads!

zay
11-16-2012, 11:08 PM
Just realized your name is Georgia. Love that name! Are you familiar with Boz Scaggs Georgia? Great song...funny I've never met anyone name Georgia until Sept...I have a professor and her name is Georgia. And you too!

You could try to plug those into daily plate and see if it comes up. I'm amazed at the content of their database. There are even Atkins recipes on it.

Have a good night. See you all tomorrow.

jdennis84
11-17-2012, 12:58 AM
I had a meeting at work that lasted till later in the afternoon, so I missed lunch. My son and I just got home from an early dinner at our favorite Thai restaurant, a big bowl of Tom Ka Kai soup and chicken satay with peanut sauce. Not sure how to track those carbs and calories, so I won't even try. I'm done eating for the night.

So it's the weekend. What have you all got planned to stay on track? I've got a lot of housework to get done and I'm hoping I'll be too busy to notice that I want to get snacky or cave in to whatever my sons talk me into doing. I'm not spending any more money till my next payday, so I won't be tempted to go out and indulge. And when I want to take breaks from housework, you may find I've checked in here and posted far too much on everybody's threads!
Mmm.... Chicken satay is the bomb! I could eat a dozen easily.... In the past, I may have ^_^ I finished out my night with about 10 oz of strawberrys in milk... My new alternative to ice cream.

Should I be tracking more than just calories?

zay
11-17-2012, 09:07 AM
Good morning, I'm down 2 lbs today to 298.5.

I'll check in later when I decide on my menu for the day.

Have a great day!

geoblewis
11-17-2012, 12:07 PM
Jen, up to you what you want to track. Since this thread is in the Atkins Diet forum, I jumped in because I want to keep my carb intake low and I always love the emo-tivation I get from joining a challenge group. If tracking calories is bringing you positive results, then stick with that. I think you're welcome to stay here if you like. The more the merrier!

(I have easily made myself crazy tracking WAY too much and suffered from analysis paralysis at one point. Keeping it simple is better for my motivation.)

As for the satay and peanut sauce, I could easily eat that much too! Fortunately for me, the Thai restaurant made the appetizer for one healthy, weight-conscious eater and there were only five pieces on the plate. And my son ate one of them. (Scoundrel! 15-year-old football player with a bottomless appetite! He ate a bowl of Tom Yum soup AND all the spring rolls on the platter AND an order of orange chicken with veggies and jasmin rice. AND he considered the banana split too! But I cut him off because I was dangerously low on cash.)

Well done Zay! Off to an excellent start! Cutting the carbs is so rewarding on the scale. I'm looking forward to relosing all of what I gained back from the carbing up. I'm down half a pound since yesterday, so I guess I didn't do too badly at the Thai restaurant.

Yes, I'm familiar with all the songs of Boz Skaggs. I live close to SF, where he's from, and was a teen in the 70s when he became popular. And then, there's all those people who sing my name, ala Boz and (mostly) Ray Charles. And then more recently there's John Mayer's "Why Georgia" that my sons love to sing to me when I demand they do chores.

So, it's a rainy Saturday here in Northern California. Love it! I'm planning to spend the day doing housework and riding broom on my sons so that they help me. I have already had my breakfast this morning: 3 eggs, 2 slices of Niman Ranch bacon (yum!), heavy cream in my coffee...and then there's all the vitamins that I'm taking. Dear lord! That's a whole meal too! But I seem to feel better when I take the ones I've got now, and taking them requires me to drink a lot of water.

As for my meals the rest of the day...I think I'm going to measure out some cheese ahead of time so I don't go over on that. And I've got some ground lamb to cook up and layer on some grilled zucchini and top it with feta cheese for a low-carb version of moussaka. And some nice grilled wild Alaskan salmon with a serving of coconut-creamed spinach for dinner. I have a chocolate protein shake to drink if I get too hungry later in the afternoon.

With the winter-like weather settling in, it's time for me to drag my rowing machine back to the living room. Once I get that room dusted and vacuumed today, I'm going to oil my machine and drag her in front of the TV. I have a Concept2 D model and I love using it. I even have a DVD of someone rowing through rivers, as well as a training DVD to work on form and pacing.

I like to combine weight-loss methods. One thing I try to do is limit the number of hours I'm eating with intermittent fasting. So I hope to be done eating by 6 p.m. tonight and have a proper 12-hour fast through the night. It seems to be really difficult for me to achieve since my body wants to eat more in the late afternoon and evening. I can be done with my calories by 6 p.m. but then snack my way up by a few hundred calories between 6 and 10 p.m. when I usually go to bed. I only recently became a breakfast eater because of blood sugar and other issues, but I'm not usually interested in eating until after noon. I miss the morning fasting, a lot. But it just wasn't working for my health. But my doctor is letting me do the 12-hour fasts, as long as I'm timing them so that I eat within half an hour of waking up.

Okay, I'm going to stop writing now, before this turns into a novella! Have a great day!

zay
11-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Good so far today. I had one sausage patty at McD's along with two round eggs. Its so nice they have no problem selling a la carte...seems they get lots of requests like this. Plus a large coffee black with 4 splenda just 3.99...what a deal. I then went to class. I have a killer headache today. That is because I've been really and truly cutting the carbs. Just home for lunch and had some leftover pork roast. Pretty good. I'm going to make some cauliflower in a while - with butter.
Haha Geo, the boys sure do have an appetite. I have a 14 yo football player myself. Your rowing machine sounds fun. Good luck on getting your housework done and moving that in for the winter. I've done the IF'ing myself and it works very well. Just like anything else, its gotta feel right and its not my motivation right now. To me right now I'm trying to just stick with 3 meals and not eating after dinner. That usually leave me with a nice overnight fast and is usually 12-14 hours. Fasting is a great tool. I know someone who is eating once per day in a 2 hour window and she is losing sooo fast. She is eating anything she wants.

I'll be back tonight. Hope you don't get sick of me. This is what I need to stay on track and make it all happen.

zay
11-17-2012, 02:52 PM
I lol'd at "riding the broom" comment. I actually remove the internet connection from the back of the Xbox when I need something done. haha

geoblewis
11-17-2012, 04:57 PM
THIS! I actually remove the internet connection from the back of the Xbox when I need something done. haha

Yes! My mobile phone is actually a hot spot and I'm the only one with access to it, so I can keep working online and hide the modem completely! For some reason, seeing that I can still use the Internet but they can't is very motivating!

I will NOT get sick of you, Zay, I promise! Really, posting progress and challenges, moment by moment, is what keeps me most motivated. Sometimes I get on 3FC and really wear out my welcome, I think. But it has really saved me some days.

zay
11-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Hello,
I'm a little disappointed in myself for not pre planning.
I made a pumpkin bake dessert and went over on my carbs before adding them to my daily plate. I didn't realize it was so high in carbs (and calories)

Calories 1601 Carbs 33 Net

Thanks Geo! :)

zay
11-18-2012, 04:24 PM
DMB, Jdennis, Geo? How are you all doing today?

I'm doing pretty well. I'm down 1/2 lb this morning. Not much going on. My headache was absolutely awful yesterday and was not affected by Advil or sinus pill. Today it is much better but still there slightly.
Going pretty good so far.
Anyone hear of Ideal Diet? I have been reading about it here. It looks similar to Medifast.
Hope you all are having a good day.

TxSkyGirl
11-19-2012, 12:05 AM
I'm totally in, but I just started Medifast so I'm doing crazy weight loss right now. But I would really like to do it just PAST Thanksgiving, since that's going to be the hard cheat day!! I'm planning to have a small portion of Turkey, some veggies and try to find a low sugar dessert (I LOVE DESSERT!) I can't go back to having to redo the ketosis phase though. It sucks. I've lost 9 lbs in a week though!

going2bskinny
11-19-2012, 05:00 AM
I want to join I'm a little late but I want to make sure I don't eat any thanksgiving food also I'm starting a very strict semi fast tomorrow I need to stick to ill do a 7 day challenge as well since the longer ones I tend to have a hard time sticking to and if I can do 7 maybe I can keep going this time good luck everybody.

zay
11-19-2012, 08:59 AM
Down another 1/2 pound this morning. My calories/carbs yesterday was 1687 calories and 35 net carbs. The pumpkin bake is almost gone :)

Thank you for joining TxSkyGrl and going2bskinny! Please check in today and let us know how you are doing

geoblewis
11-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Yesterday I fell into the refrigerator and it took me all day to fight my way out! I stopped tracking calories midday. It was just going to be too bloody to face. Weekends are the toughest part of staying on track for me.

Back on track today. Already done with Pilates and TRX for the day. Sensible portions at breakfast and I'm staying at work for the rest of the day. I brought a healthy lunch along.

zay
11-19-2012, 05:51 PM
Good luck Georgia! Great job on your successes today!

I am Intermittent fasting today. I hope I can finish off the day today. There is something to being really full and satisfied and not having to stretch out food throughout the long day. I like not having to micro manage meals and macronutrients. I'll check in later.

How is everyone doing?

zay
11-19-2012, 05:53 PM
TxsSkygirl, I've done Medifast before. Boy it works great when you are in the groove. Congrats on 9 lbs your first week!

zay
11-19-2012, 09:04 PM
So its 8pm and I'm finished eating for the day. I had 1477 calories - 18 NET carbs - 124 protein. I ate 3 meals - 11am-7pm. I planned on having 2 meals but it is difficult to shop, cook and serve my family and not eat too. ugh! Still ok.

Successful day for me.

going2bskinny
11-20-2012, 12:35 AM
I messed up today on day one of my challenge haha :( made it half the day then just was really hungry and i ate some crackers and cheese and a few other things didnt totally go nuts but still ate what I wasn't supposed to so yeah tomorrow I will attempt again to make it through unscathed.

dont worry geo ur not alone lol

zay
11-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Down another 1/2 pound. Hope everyone has a good day!

bonheurbelle
11-20-2012, 05:29 PM
count me in, I am new to this group and am trying to get off a last few pounds it has been a long beautiful journey and just to make better choices all of the time.

geoblewis
11-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Doing really well today, with regards to diet, but only because I am feeling very queasy. Second day in a row. At first I thought it was my vitamins, but I skipped them last night and today and I'm still feeling it. Have managed to eat just 1400 calories calories today (I can eat under most circumstances :D) but am definitely going to skip eating after evening Pilates class. Just drinking water for the rest of the day.

Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day for me. I may only check in by bedtime. In case I miss you, have a great holiday!

davematthewsband
11-21-2012, 01:20 PM
Ok ladies - I've procrastinated long enough. I'm going to put on my exercise clothes, leave the house, and head to the local gym to sign up. I'm on vacation from work today, the kids are at the babysitters, and I have no more excuses. I don't know what my deal is, but I have been dragging this out until the last possible moment. Wish me luck! If I don't post back later with info. about signing up, please yell at me! :-)

going2bskinny
11-21-2012, 01:54 PM
day 1 230.5lbs wed nov 21st 2012

im doing good today so this will be my official day number one my challenge is eating nothing but fruits and veggies and some almond milk maybe or coconut milk and coconut water also olives I'll start with the 7 days as not to feel overwhelmed but I'm hoping to keep it up for a very long time.

zay
11-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Hello Geo, DMB and Going 2 b skinny!

I am on day 7 of the challenge. I was down a whole pound from yesterday. I've been doing the intermittent fasting (one large meal (with dessert) per day - low carb - approx 1000 calories) for 2 days and I think I like it. Check out my signature. Before that I got real low in carbs and had a horrible headache for the first 2 days. Since doing that I feel I can follow eating once per day.

DMB...did you join?? :)
Going to be skinny! - wow you've done so well. How did you lose all of your weight so far?
Georgia, how are you doing?

davematthewsband
11-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Guess who is a new gym member?!! And guess who signed up for her free personal training session tomorrow at 8 am? On Thanksgiving! Who am I?? What did I do with my lazy self? :-). Thanks for the motivation and support everyone!!

davematthewsband
11-21-2012, 05:14 PM
AND just bought new Ketostix and checked and purple, baby! Man, this mini goal idea was the best! Thanks for starting it and best of luck to everyone!!

going2bskinny
11-21-2012, 10:06 PM
thanks zay :D mostly by cutting out processed foods and dairy and wheat and sugar as best as I can.

Mostly been eating fruits veggies and lean meat lots of salads course I have times when I slip back to packaged foods for a while and usually plateau at those times lol. Did a few juice fasts as well.:D Also doing alot of walking and joined a gym as well congrats davemathews for joining the gym thats great!

also try to drink my gallon of water or at least 3 qts a day.

I did really well today I'm happy scale is down already just from this morning I'll give the number tomorrow morning though cuz I do it with no clothes on after my shower and i just weighed myself with clothes on and its down half a pound though still even with em on so cant wait to see tomorrow :O

going2bskinny
11-22-2012, 12:29 PM
day 1 230.5lbs wed nov 21st 2012
Day 2 228.5lbs thu nov 22nd 2012

Yay :D I'm skipping thanksgiving today so I better keep seeing results!!

davematthewsband
11-22-2012, 02:07 PM
I used my one free personal trainer session this morning - on Thanksgiving - in an attempt at kicking off the eating season on a good note. I have never been more humbled by how out of shape I am. There's a difference in losing weight and being strong. I know the quicker I get this excess blubber off, the easier it will be to work out - and I'm more motivated than ever to get myself into gear. The fact that I couldn't do some of the very simple tasks he was asking (planking - just holding my body off the floor for 30 seconds) almost had me in tears. But it was a really good reality check. I do not have the funds to keep with personal training for now, but some of the simple exercises he showed me could be done on my own and I plan to work on them. Man. I really REALLY feel for those people on Biggest Loser. I was almost crying after an hour - can you imagine living on that ranch???

going2bskinny
11-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Day 1 230.5lbs wed nov 21st 2012
Day 3 227 fri nov 23rd 2012

yay down another pound and a half today I skipped thanksgiving but I do have a cold now so that sucks.

good job dave for doing the workout I'd suggest doing some swimming there if yours has a pool also no impact on your joints. :D

geoblewis
11-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Ya'll are doing so fabulously! I'm feeling very motivated by you all!

DMB, you're right about the big picture of fitness re: the focus of losing weight and actual ability to do things. When I first started exercising, I was so judgemental about how little I could achieve. What helped me the most was a very encouraging system of support that kept me wanting to continue with the exercise. I learned to practice a bit more self-compassion and that weighing so much actually helped me to build muscle faster. I found things I liked and could actually do, then slowly saw improvement. Within a few weeks, I started experiencing the endorphin rush from exercise, and then I was hooked!

My trainer NEVER let me talk about the size of my backside or belly in disparaging terms. And as I lose weight, some things get easier to do and I can move faster. Sometimes, if I gain back a few pounds, things like planks get harder because of the added weight and I am SUPER motivated to cut carbs/calories and drop those pounds again. But I also like the extra work it makes me do.

Zay, I'm jealous! Wish I was allowed to do the IF again! Hoping once I get better control over my blood sugar and have my cortisol cycles working right that I can get back to it, because it really worked for me!

I am away from home till Sunday. Not tracking calories and carbs. Not really exercising other than walking a lot. Just making sure to just eat as minimally as possible and staying away from carbs. Except yesterday, I ate mashed potatoes AND potato chips, for the first time in a year. Then I had a dream that I passed out from eating too many potatoes! Even in my dreams, I'm worried about carbs!

I'll be off line till Sunday. Take care!

zay
11-23-2012, 10:09 PM
Hello all. Wow you are doing well.
Geo, I like the IF very much for hunger and control but am having a lot of gas..eating the same foods that I normally eat. Very uncomfortable

I've got to run, will check in tomorrow.

going2bskinny
11-24-2012, 01:46 PM
Day 4 224 sat nov 24th 2012

down 3 pounds today that's a pretty big drop might be some water weight that will come back though will see tomorrow. Also my TOM started today as well so will see how that affects it but I'll be sticking to what I'm doing. Also I have a cold right now so that sucks making me feel tired and crappy.

Great job everybody :D

geoblewis
11-25-2012, 03:17 PM
How long are we taking our mini-challenge? Are we done with the end of Thanksgiving weekend, or do we want to push through to support each other through the New Year? I'm up for that!

I did great right up till T-day. Then I had too many potatoes for the last three days. I'm back on track now. I've decided to just concentrate on eating the right macronutrient mix for me - a Ketogenic balance. Part of me doesn't want to weigh in till New Year's Day. Part of me is scared that if I don't check in on the scale I won't feel accountable and will not stick to my plan.

What do you all think?

going2bskinny
11-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Day 5 225 sun nov 25th 2012

well im up a pound today i knew that 3 lb drop was too good to be true but oh well still down from start :D and still doing good.

geo i havent even finished my 7 days yet lol but i was planning on keeping going too so go ahead if you want to. Another good thread to join are the 10lb threads like the ones that say getting out of the 220s etc everyone keeps you motivated and on track in those and you feel really happy when you can graduate to the next thread after your 10 or 20 lbs whatever that thread is doing. I am in those as well they really really help.

going2bskinny
11-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Day 6 224 Mon nov 26th 2012

That was yesterday today is my day 7 so ill post my weight tonight is anyone still hanging here?

zay
11-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Hello going to be skinny and geo! Sorry I haven't been around. I was successful on the 7 day but kind of off track since Thanksgiving weekend - ARGH!
I've been doing the Intermittent Fasting.

I could use another challenge!

Skinny! You did fantastic! How was day 7?

Geo, how are you doing?

I would be interested in another challenge - 7 days is a nice chunk of time that is not too much to swallow...haha. Any ideas?

going2bskinny
11-28-2012, 03:40 PM
Day 6 224 Mon nov 26th 2012
Day 7 223 Tues nov 27th 2012

yay finished day 7 today is day 8 and I'm already 222 :O wasn't able to post yesterday so 223 was my yesterday.

hey zay thanks :D yeah I skipped thanksgiving all together because of that I want all this weight off by this summer so I can start getting really toned and nice muscles at the gym so can't afford the holidays I'm gonna skip christmas too and new years :( but I'd rather lose weight than eat on those days.

yeah 7 days is pretty good I usually dont even make it that long without some kind of mess up im a yoyoer I'm gonna keep this up and see how long I can go for now that 7 days are down I'll try for 21 days now!

zay
11-28-2012, 04:02 PM
With those stats you sure don't look like a yoyoer!
Great job. Are you following Atkins right now? Are you counting calories? What were you eating over the last week?

BIG CONGRATS!
I love your commitment! Spread some of that mojo to me!

Kyrren
11-28-2012, 04:17 PM
I would love to be in for 7 days!

Day 1 (11/28): 193.4

I need to stay accountable. I want to be down to 170s by the New Year. I know it is a stretch, but wouldn't it be great!

going2bskinny
11-28-2012, 08:00 PM
lol thanks zay well I cut out all meat and dairy for the week and most carbs but not completely and only healthy carbs when I do have them like for example.

I eat fruits veggies as much as I want.

I made some veggie soup this week in the crock pot with vegetable broth and red potatoes carrots onions celery garlic and spice it however you want. Or make any kind of veggie soup. I'm going to make a veggie soup with lentils after this soup is gone.

For healthy carbs I'll eat like beans or a slice of ezekiel bread with natural peanut butter on it or some quinoa or potatoes or squash but I try to have a carb like that for only one or 2 meals of the day so my other meals are either salad or fruit.

for snacks i just eat a few olives sometimes or a apple or some other fruit.

I have a yonanas machine so I make myself like a ice cream out of frozen banana and frozen berries or other frozen fruit like pineapple and mango I have that is really good.

Also I make my own almond milk I've been trying to stay away from nuts too to give my kidneys more of a break but I decided I'd let myself have almond milk that I make myself for the healthy fats and protein in it. And easier to digest than the nuts.

also if i havent had any fat for the day I put a tablespoon of ground flax in my quinoa with other veggies in it to get my healthy fats. Otherwise I'd have a little avacado in the day but I haven't this week cuz I just didn't have any.

basically just doing a vegan diet right now to see how it goes. I'm going to start doing more green juices though in a week when I have more money to buy more produce for it.

last night I had a salad with some fat free refried beans and some chilli sauce from trader joes on it it was really good and filling tasted like a burrito but without the wrap

so basically trying to keep my fats really low except a small amount of healthy fat a day and keeping my carbs relatively low even though I don't think thats necessary and eating mostly veggies and fruit. And trying to drink at least 3 qts of water a day.

I haven't been exercising because I have a leg injury right now but I am going to start doing some light exercise again next week like a walk and some floor exercises and weights.

I crumble some nori in my quinoa too a few times a week also. Or make a shake with unsweetened coconut milk from trader joe frozen fruit and some spurilina powder on some days.

Oh and also drinking some coconut water the taste nirvana brand since there is no additives and tastes the best to me.

steamed veggies

that's about it i think :D I take a b12 supplement once too in the week since I'm not eating meat or dairy.

Oh I also toasted some garbanzo beans last night and they get crunchy in the oven and i put some spices on them was really good for a crunchy protein snack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GsGxqdlP4U following that pretty much.

welcome kyrren good luck with your plan I want to be 199 by new years, so I'm kinda stretching too lol hope we both make it :O